PDA

View Full Version : Hi, people RP in this game?

Double J
Aug 19, 2009, 04:11 PM
I'm new to PSU and have gotten to lvl 20 and really enjoying the game. I normally play MMO's online and really like to join in on roleplaying groups and was just curious to see if people ever RP in this game.

When a friend was telling me about the game he said he remembered seeing a server that was mainly where the RPers hung out but I've not seen anyone on other servers beisde Leo and the one below it.

If there isn't any RP in this game, then that's fine I'll just continue to enjoy the game, but it would add something to the experience :)

RedRaz0r
Aug 19, 2009, 04:24 PM
I've seen a few RPers. I love to RP, but theres not many of them here on PSU, at least not enough that i could find.

pinkace
Aug 19, 2009, 04:29 PM
By RP'ing, you mean people take the persona of the character they have created and play the game that way?

Double J
Aug 19, 2009, 04:37 PM
By RP'ing, you mean people take the persona of the character they have created and play the game that way?

Yes ma'am.

pinkace
Aug 19, 2009, 04:51 PM
Well I like that! My characters are all female and I am male, however. I have imagined that my female cast character used to be a sex bot before joining the guardians and she cant help but speak seductively...
"Twin Penetration is my favorite... bullet of course *wink*"
"You can moon-amtomize me any time baby, purrr"...
"Do you like my Cas-Oyal outfit? I know it is a little too conservative, but hey, its Sunday!"
I can't say those out-loud. too creepy. you must have a text-only rule!

Ruru
Aug 19, 2009, 04:55 PM
well while i do like to have a little backstory to all my characters, i dont really like to roleplay them, it just takes too much when you're trying to play the game. that, and this game isnt the most friendly when trying to type and stab/shoot/nuke/cure at the same time.

Fighgunnerkit
Aug 19, 2009, 05:33 PM
I like to rp! We can meetup. If the server ever comes online! Character name is Kitsuri we can meet in my shop or something

Mikura
Aug 19, 2009, 07:32 PM
I gave up RPing when I realized that every time I tried, I just came across being a total slut. (Has 3 female characters and only 1 male)

Freshellent
Aug 19, 2009, 07:34 PM
I gave up RPing when I realized that every time I tried, I just came across being a total slut. (Has 3 female characters and only 1 male)

So uh, how does that work out when people ask what certain characters names mean, Mikura?

Ruru
Aug 19, 2009, 07:37 PM

well with a name like paizuri what do you expect to RP as mik? XD

its just too hard for me to stay in character when i RP on this game. i could do it on FFXI just fine since that game is alot more talk friendly (and has alot better chat system but thats another story)

Rust
Aug 19, 2009, 07:42 PM
RP "official" server was Uni 16 or 17 back in the days, but now that it is gone, I don't know if there is a new one.
I RP'd a bit, but I didn't find PSU very RP friendly.

Actually, screw that.
I don't find MMO's and message boards RP friendly at all ; I need a standard tabletop RPG to have fun with my RP.

MadDogg
Aug 19, 2009, 07:57 PM
The only RP I ever seen is dudes pretending to be chicks to get items and stuff. If you play on the 360, if people ask if you got a mic, just say its broke and you could pull it off lol.

As far as serious RP goes, the only 2 games I ever seen that in was City of Heroes/Villains playing on the virtue server, and World of Warcraft playing on the silverhand RP server.

Hell WoW's was so good that you could get banned by a gm, or if players reported you enough, you could get in trouble for spamming the chats/not having a RPish name for not being in character.

Lord Hammerheart
Aug 19, 2009, 08:19 PM
When I see people role-playing I'm always really confused at first, until I figure out that they're RPing. It's not really my thing, but I'm fine with it when people do it. If they had something like PSO/PSU when I was a kid (I'm almost 30 right now) I could see myself joining in.

Oh, and welcome to PSU! ^^

Billy Mitchell
Aug 19, 2009, 08:19 PM
my friend and i can do serious role-play on the 360.

Squirrel3D
Aug 19, 2009, 08:48 PM
I don't use my mic on this or any Xbox 360 game. Why should I when 80% of the population don't even talk about what's going on in the game, but talk about their dirty laundry and such?

Mikura
Aug 19, 2009, 09:46 PM
So uh, how does that work out when people ask what certain characters names mean, Mikura?

well with a name like paizuri what do you expect to RP as mik? XD

I'll answer these before I go to bed...First, to be honest, not many people ask what the name means to begin with. They either already know...or don't care. Second, I used to RP long before I made that character. We're talking Dreamcast PSO here. And none of my characters had dirty names back then. I didn't need a dirty name. Acting slutty more or less came natural I suppose? >_>a

Anywho, to cut things short, the character I made on PSU is just meant to be a joke and to get the attention of people that recognize the meaning.

Ruru
Aug 19, 2009, 09:55 PM
I'll answer these before I go to bed...First, to be honest, not many people ask what the name means to begin with. They either already know...or don't care. Second, I used to RP long before I made that character. We're talking Dreamcast PSO here. And none of my characters had dirty names back then. I didn't need a dirty name. Acting slutty more or less came natural I suppose? >_>a

Anywho, to cut things short, the character I made on PSU is just meant to be a joke and to get the attention of people that recognize the meaning.

yeah i figured as much, i just have to mess with you because that name is just soo.... yeah... wrong lol.. :p

Freshellent
Aug 19, 2009, 10:04 PM
Yeah, when I first noticed that name, I did a double take, then laughed for a good few minutes about it.

That's coo' though. I wasn't trying to be an ass, I'm was fairly serious when I asked.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 20, 2009, 01:13 AM
I don't really tend to RP in the MMO. I save that for forums.

And even if I did, I still need to formulate lotsa information. I would need to fabricate my characters' identities, their backstories, their roles in the world (well, they are Guardians, but still,) how they have S-ranks, and their personalities other than Berlitz being kinda evil or at least a Jerkass, Eris being obsessed with her figure, and possibly Mazarin being off in La-La Land half the time. Oh, and their names don't fit the pattern of the NPCs.

Another thing keeping me from RPing is that I dunno if people here enjoy RPers that mess with the Fourth Wall.

The only thing I have thought of is how the hell Mazarin has a room fit for a Cast instead of a fleshie and a massive rectangular sofa in the middle of his room, and even that might not be finalized.

Akaimizu
Aug 20, 2009, 09:03 AM
Funny enough. I normally don't like to make characters I can't RP in some way. Just say it's a thing from my days of being on stage, all the time. You never really shake that stuff out of you, even if you step away from the stage at times. (Though I kind of lie, I do some kind of public performances all the time. Especially these days.)

However, for PSU, I tend to loosely do it, anyway. So yeah, 4th walls do get broken. Probably because I play mostly with friends, and conversation about other things do pop in from time to time. Movies, other games, life, etc. But then again, PSU can be seen as a way to get together with friends, socialize, and talk about things without spending phone minute charges doing so.

Still, can't help but jump into character from time to time. My main is a girl who has a near maniacal love of her guns. Particularly of the twin handgun variety. My replies definitely support that theory even though in real life, I tend to shun guns. I'd pick up a bow and arrow first before I'd touch a gun. And oddly enough, the gun thing is actually what separates me the most from the character.

Then again. I'm one of those dreamers. Writing stories, here and there. Doing soundtrack design. I generally make a character and then if a story jumps out of it, I keep them. Otherwise, they end up on the cutting room floor.

Arika
Aug 20, 2009, 11:35 AM
Yup, I do RP, and all my story is here on my album.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/album.php?albumid=749

WHlTEKNIGHT
Aug 20, 2009, 12:15 PM
Rp is only good if it involves a stockings, french maid/policewoman/nurse outfit..... oh wait in this game um not for me lol

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 20, 2009, 12:31 PM
There's a little bit of support for RP on PSO-World, but it's all in Fan Works.

PSU Role Play Character Thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97424)
PSO-World-Sponsored PSU Free-Form Role Play (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97371)