PDA

View Full Version : SUV: "Can you handle THIS?"

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 20, 2009, 01:30 AM
Alright, PSU General. Another oddball question from the Randmaster ATM Achine, Mega Ultra Chicken.

So I was on PSUpedia one day and I looked up the infamous Magas Maggahna. Once the page came up, what shocked me is that Magas is actually an SUV. This kinda surprised me, but it also inspired me.

The topic is: what if your Cast's SUV could be anything you wanted? What if instead of the conventional SUVs, your SUV could do something else, like transform your Cast or call for reinforcements? (Or perhaps a vehicle like the Magas.) Hey, if a Cast can call a giant robot or random objects from space, then those satellites could do other things as well.

Oh, and don't be boring and say "my Cast calls down a super special awesome godly SUV that one-shots all spawns and bosses in the entire mission. AT THE SAME TIME." That's essentially saying you want all the powers in the whole super powers question.

RyuKisargi
Aug 20, 2009, 01:33 AM
I've always wanted to see a SUV be a giant pair of speakers that bass the enemy to death.

Somnia
Aug 20, 2009, 01:34 AM
I've always wanted to see a SUV be a giant pair of speakers that bass the enemy to death.

TEN THOUSAND BPM

ashley50
Aug 20, 2009, 01:55 AM
I want an SUV that can traverse rocky mountains

Allison_W
Aug 20, 2009, 01:56 AM
Clearly, we need a SUV (or perhaps a series of them) that simply drops heavy things upon the victims, old-fashioned-cartoons-style. Falling rocks, anvils, pianos, cattle, guggs, large chunks of the Guardians Colony, Sochees, etc.

Or this, which would admittedly be more awesome.

Ruru
Aug 20, 2009, 01:56 AM

lol that would be kinda cool.

i'm not quite sure how i would want mine. maybe like a rain of swords kinda like a sturm or paradi type but swords/sharp pointy pokey things instead of lasers/missiles. not sure what the actual SUV animation would be though.

RyuKisargi
Aug 20, 2009, 02:11 AM
What about a 50-foot tall Chao?

Just sayin.

tadtwisted
Aug 20, 2009, 02:17 AM
How about this, you jump into a giant mech and you go into first person and shoot for 5 seconds

Ruru
Aug 20, 2009, 02:22 AM
How about this, you jump into a giant mech and you go into first person and shoot for 5 seconds

those 5 seconds of shooting would turn into half a second on PS2 with lag/slowdown issues lol we'd be lucky to get one or two shots off before it popped us out. i've lost about 10 seconds of nanoblast before because of lag/slowdown on PS2 D: but it sounds like a nice idea.

Arada
Aug 20, 2009, 04:11 AM
I think it'd be cool if you actually had the Falz-drop-a-planet-on-your-head kind of attack.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 20, 2009, 04:27 AM

I could see it now. First you summon the guitar, then two huge speakers fall down to your sides. You swing your arm down sending shockwaves flying out of the speakers, deafening anything in a 3 mile radius.

I'd like it if some of the SUV's worked like Nanoblast. With Gigas Espada you would use the sword as a weapon for a bit, rather than get one swing. Or with Vivienne Fluge you hover off the ground shooting lasers out of your hands or something.

MasterSpark
Aug 20, 2009, 05:45 AM
A loud humming noise. Screen goes white. *Boom*/*Zzap*. Mission Completion screen appears. :-P

Rust
Aug 20, 2009, 06:40 AM
Clearly, we need a SUV (or perhaps a series of them) that simply drops heavy things upon the victims, old-fashioned-cartoons-style. Falling rocks, anvils, pianos, cattle, guggs, large chunks of the Guardians Colony, Sochees, etc.

That's Ascension's Gift for ya.

Libram
Aug 20, 2009, 09:05 AM
I'd love to see some SUVs appear as internal weaponry instead instead of being summoned down from the digital gods on high.

DAMASCUS
Aug 20, 2009, 11:57 AM
I think an earth based SUV attack could be sweet. Have a huge laser carve a crevice across the battlefield ending with lava and rocks exploding from the gap hitting enemies multiple times and effecting them with Burn Lv.3. Like an updated Sturm attack.

pinkace
Aug 20, 2009, 12:58 PM
I'd love to see some SUVs appear as internal weaponry instead instead of being summoned down from the digital gods on high.

I was thinking that. Like the early SUV that brings out giant hand cannons or machine guns. I like the transform into a giant mech and go FPS for 20 seconds idea, shooting and moving at once... :)

Kerberos
Aug 20, 2009, 02:33 PM
How about a SUV that sends your PM into berserk mode whom starts attacking every thing with more power and rapidly, like a crazed midget on crack. :)

Pillan
Aug 20, 2009, 03:55 PM
I'd just like an S rank version of Viviene Fluge that adds all buffs, auto-recovery, Dizas, and Rentis level 6 to the party.

tadtwisted
Aug 20, 2009, 04:51 PM
I'd just like an S rank version of Viviene Fluge that adds all buffs, auto-recovery, Dizas, and Rentis level 6 to the party.

now this right here is the best thing ive ever heard of

Chuck_Norris
Aug 20, 2009, 04:54 PM
I'd use it.

Alnet
Aug 20, 2009, 05:05 PM
Summon a giant magnetic railgun that kills everything in a straight line.

... literally. At the end of the mission, the boss just got hit with a massive piercing round fired in Block 1. He never saw it coming.

pinkace
Aug 20, 2009, 05:29 PM
lol. start the boss fight, but we see onmagoug dead... "what the... oh wait, that's my bullet stuck on his face"

Allison_W
Aug 20, 2009, 05:52 PM
That's Ascension's Gift for ya.

I looked, and it actually drops guggs on them. That's beautiful.

The_Brimada
Aug 20, 2009, 07:38 PM
lol that would be kinda cool.

i'm not quite sure how i would want mine. maybe like a rain of swords kinda like a sturm or paradi type but swords/sharp pointy pokey things instead of lasers/missiles. not sure what the actual SUV animation would be though.

Like this?

[spoiler-box]
@ 34 secs
For some reason its not working for me in this previewed post if it doesn't for you just click the link at the top of the vid >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIrKYuNHQr8[/spoiler-box]

Ruru
Aug 20, 2009, 08:45 PM
Like this?

[spoiler-box]
@ 34 secs
For some reason its not working for me in this previewed post if it doesn't for you just click the link at the top of the vid >.>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIrKYuNHQr8[/spoiler-box]

ooh yeah something like that kinda. only more detailed and maybe lasting a bit longer than half a second in terms of the actual swords flying down, but yeah lol

Criss
Aug 20, 2009, 10:31 PM
I wish we could just strike a deal with the GDI and get to fire the Ion Cannon. :wacko:

Sudden massive beams from space stations FTW.

darkante
Aug 20, 2009, 11:11 PM
I would like to put regular enemies into stop mode and then proceed to aim with a bowling ball and strike them down as pins.

Or throw small slippery little balls which make them run in a funny way before they trip themselves and hit the ground hard and take massive damage.

Maybe a super boxing like combo to beat a single target into a dizzy mode.
Then proceed to do a "FALCON PUNCH!!" to they fly away sky high. :wacko:

:D

GUNcrazy12
Aug 21, 2009, 01:11 AM
my Cast calls down a super special awesome godly SUV that one-shots all spawns and bosses in the entire mission. AT THE SAME TIME.

xD

Allison_W
Aug 21, 2009, 01:26 AM
I want a SUV where my character starts channeling Michael Jackson and all the enemies are compelled to dance and follow her lead. Before asploding.

Genoa
Aug 21, 2009, 03:16 AM
A SUV that creates a protective barrier around the user, one that looks just like how Magas and Adahna use to negate damage. It could last the same length as a blue beast's nanoblast.
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/psu/beastiary/16/52-m.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Chibi_psu
Aug 21, 2009, 03:22 AM
I looked, and it actually drops guggs on them. That's beautiful.

Random suv so check again.

BTW i would change gigas spada...The huge sword should drop from the sky crushing all the enemys in the screen...Much like odin summon in ff9

Gen2000
Aug 21, 2009, 04:42 AM
"Serious": Your character would reel back then perform a dashing uppercut which is then accompanied with a giant robotic fist (same design as Faust's I guess) that mimics the action your character just done dealing massive Paradi like (or more) damage in 1 hit with launching knockback. The name of it would be "Grand Upper" in honor of Axel of Streets of Rage fame.

"Silly": You summon a Rappy then a Chao afterwards who stands on top of the Rappy's head and they do the Shinkuu Hadoken together in front of your character. It would have extreme damage variance ranging from best SUV damage in the game to the worst.

"What if SUV could do something else beside summons?": Like what can happen in most SHMUP games I guess, you gain small helpers. Kind of like RCSMs but much more active and interesting. They would instead attack when you attack (shoot beams/bullets/slash/whatever) for about 50 seconds. If any watch Gundam it'll be like Rose Gundam's projectiles or the fangs/shield or rifle bits from Gundam 00 series.

Damn, I'm bored.

mvffin
Aug 21, 2009, 04:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbArvIqZzkI

Pillan
Aug 21, 2009, 08:45 AM
One that would actually make sense along the lines of a Nanoblast-like SUV is a transformation into whatever SEED-Ardite was before infection. (Just Ardite?) His structure is virtually identical to a male Nanoblast anyway, so the programming wouldn't be that hard. (And we all know how much Sonic Team loves repainting enemies...)

Rust
Aug 21, 2009, 08:47 AM
I just want one that would justify my CAST to make that "GGGNNNNNnnnnnnnn...." sound for like five seconds before unleashing his SUV.

So yeah, I want a big huge cloud of violet mist with a big fart noise inflicting Virus lvl 5 to all enemies and players in my vicinity.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 21, 2009, 08:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbArvIqZzkI

Fuck yes. And your character would do the pose and scream "WRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY" as well. Here is a few I thought of while playin Touhou 12:

1) Phantasmal Interference: Turns the ground dark and summons a giant demonic face. As your CAST floats above it it lets out a scream that does dark type damage with a high chance of incap. Also as it screams your screen gets all fuzzy and staticy.

2)Varia Buster: Summons "bits" that dart about the feild blasting enemies with a barrage of laser fire.

3)Last Line: A bit like Paradi Cataract. But instead your CAST fires off a white orb into the sky. It then disperses and releases several laser blasts. When the blasts hit the ground it shoots up and forms crosses. Sorta like Evanglion! But doesn't contain whiny melo-dramatic teenagers. Thank god.

Will_Nonheim
Aug 21, 2009, 09:47 AM
Personally I'm fairly fine with some of the SUVs already in the game, just-- Sega seems to have forgotten some fun ones that could use some work.

1- Lou's SUV. From Episode 1 Story Mode. It combined some of the more basic SUVs into a single one that did it all.
2- Gigas Espada. Imagine it with an S rank variant that strikes near instantly-- and instead of having just one hit, it'd have a full 3-hit combo like any good melee weapon (the combo could be something like... Directly in front of you, then the overall area in front of you (wider), and finally a full 360 sweep). That'd be pretty cool. Something similar for Gigas Faust'd be nice too.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 21, 2009, 10:00 AM
I always thought like an Iado-type SUV would be awesome. Like when you "summon" it your cast gets in that strike position, the screen goes black, and you see all of these silver streaks flash. Then when everything goes back to normal, enemies get hit.

DAMASCUS
Aug 21, 2009, 10:14 AM
One thing that should definitely bring back is summoning combos. Especially if you could combine an SUV with a Nanoblast.

You would start the SUV animation and then if one or more beasts transform in the next few seconds they would get a power boost and start with a loud 'roar' attack that would knock all enemies down with lowered defense.

Gibdozer
Aug 21, 2009, 01:13 PM
I would like something similar to the beast nanoblast, except the cast would obviously transform into a weapon of some kind, like a mobile cannon Galvatron style would be so sweet!

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 21, 2009, 10:51 PM
Hm, many interesting replies. I myself was thinking about a powered armor suit, but rather than giving an FPS-mode, it would simply give a temporary upgrade to stats and/or PAs: more power, more mobility, and possibly less chance of interruption.

That, or an SUV that either calls down HP-sapping streams of electricity or has your character fire one from his/her hand.

Or maybe an SUV where your character fires a giant ball of energy, kinda like a Spirit Bomb except on a smaller and less overkilling scale. Like the big gun SUVs, this one would allow your character to position themselves before firing.

Miyuki-chan
Aug 22, 2009, 02:57 AM
Special SUV for female casts: boob missiles a la Mahoromatic!

Also, special multi-part SUVs that when used together by multiple casts, allows said multiple casts to form like Voltron and dowse a room with some shoulder missiles.

Or, one that makes every monster in the room turn into chibis and do the Carameldansen dance, complete with the song playing out of giant speakers summoned by the cast... does no dmg though. ;p

darkante
Aug 22, 2009, 07:54 AM
Caramelldansen? Oh god no..coming from someone who can understand the lines.
It sounds horrible. =/

Rust
Aug 22, 2009, 08:05 AM
Caramelldansen? Oh god no..coming from someone who can understand the lines.
It sounds horrible. =/

Unlucky you.
The misheard lyrics are so much better.

Siri
Aug 22, 2009, 08:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVOBNl_28PU

Add some generic Photon teleportation bollocks, and you have an SUV fit for a king.

Secondly, an SUV where your Cast puts on a top hat, spins 180 degrees to do a hilariously awful tap dance in front of the camera, and then dodges rotten vegetables that hits everything else behind it (including teammates, if they're daft enough to be behind a tapdancing Cast).

Some form of Self-Destruct SUV would always be nice, of course. Perfect for griefing an awful team during party missions and the like. Perhaps there could be a warm-up of sorts where the Cast's head suddenly sets on fire, and goes into permanent auto-run at double the speed. you could even tag Burn to whatever it comes into contact with!

darkante
Aug 22, 2009, 09:51 AM
Unlucky you.
The misheard lyrics are so much better.

Not to mention, one of the zillion music videos trying to make hell freeze over. :wacko:

Gunslinger-08
Aug 22, 2009, 08:43 PM
I'd want a variation of the All-Range Beam from ye olde Digimon World on the PSOne.

8 missiles form around the CAST, float up, then fire huge continuous laser beams at the ground as they fly off in a circle away from the user.

Slace2k3
Aug 23, 2009, 12:46 PM
would not mind a cloud of nanomachine that damages enemies within the cloud, and heals you and your team members within the cloud. or it damages enemies and forces them to attack each other.

or even a black hole generator, it won't kill the enemies off right away, but force them to collide together, damaging them and keeping them in the air. kind of like how the black hole was done in "The Darkness" video game.

and if my SUV can be a summon, well I would like to summon some of the mosters from "the suffering" video game. I know it does not fit this game, but I love the moster designs, the guys with the blade for arms and legs are too cool.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 23, 2009, 12:54 PM
would not mind a cloud of nanomachine that damages enemies within the cloud, and heals you and your team members within the cloud. or it damages enemies and forces them to attack each other.

or even a black hole generator, it won't kill the enemies off right away, but force them to collide together, damaging them and keeping them in the air. kind of like how the black hole was done in "The Darkness" video game.

and if my SUV can be a summon, well I would like to summon some of the mosters from "the suffering" video game. I know it does not fit this game, but I love the moster designs, the guys with the blade for arms and legs are too cool.

Don't forget about them dudes with the rifles on they're back. That was crazy. The Suffering was an underrated game.

DreXxiN
Aug 23, 2009, 11:01 PM
Dude! Ok Get this!! LOLOL..

Now I'm not saying any company with half a brain for balance would implement this, because it would TOTALLY destroy the balance of the game, so of course it'd be illogical to throw it in. We can dream though, right?

But just WHAT IF..

There was an SUV that went off instantly, not only that but it HIT THE ENTIRE ROOM! It was so fucking powerful that it nearly one shot everything in the entire game! ROFL

Oh and not only that, but even if anything DID survive, or something else spawned? No problem, it'd just FREEZE EVERYTHING LEAVING THEM DEFENSELESS! Now THAT would be godly! Lmao.

Seriously, could you imagine if Sega implemented something so overpowered like that?

darkante
Aug 23, 2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah, i would KILL for that. (..>.>)

Foes are so damn challenging to justify the need. :wacko:

But as we know, ST would NEVER implent anything like that as they know balance is one of the keys to KEEP the MASSIVE AMOUNT OF PLAYERS we do have.

Ruru
Aug 24, 2009, 02:21 AM
Dude! Ok Get this!! LOLOL..

Now I'm not saying any company with half a brain for balance would implement this, because it would TOTALLY destroy the balance of the game, so of course it'd be illogical to throw it in. We can dream though, right?

But just WHAT IF..

There was an SUV that went off instantly, not only that but it HIT THE ENTIRE ROOM! It was so fucking powerful that it nearly one shot everything in the entire game! ROFL

Oh and not only that, but even if anything DID survive, or something else spawned? No problem, it'd just FREEZE EVERYTHING LEAVING THEM DEFENSELESS! Now THAT would be godly! Lmao.

Seriously, could you imagine if Sega implemented something so overpowered like that?

oooh i have the perfect name for something like that. it would be so awesome if they put that in there.

just bear with me and tell me what you think...........

Paradi.....

Cataract.....

take a minute to think about it....

its so awesome right? i mean the name just fits perfectly.

but sega would never do something like this.

err all joking aside though. i was just playing dragon quest VIII >.>; and i couldnt help but think that Yangus' move "Golden Oldies" would fit perfect as an SUV. they could change it of course to be like a stampede of rappies or something.

or even jessica's pink typhoon move as an SUV would be kinda neat lol.