PDA

View Full Version : PSU rut/slump

tadtwisted
Aug 20, 2009, 10:19 PM
So is anyone else stuck in a PSU rut like I am? it just seems like there is nothing left to do, other then level some PA's. the current GBR is not appealing to me at all, there are no items left to hunt with in a party (vijeri resist / gur hanab are solo missions) i got all the armor and units i need the only gun that i need it some killer elite but we cant hunt those for a while, milla's are alot more common after the last event. weapon wise the is nothing left to look for. I got all 4 of my guys at 160. So is there any ideas out there, the only thing i can think of is getting some agito's but like anyone whos hunted them knows that gets boring real quick

str898mustang
Aug 20, 2009, 10:22 PM
play a class u haven't played before?

but yeah this GBR was a fail to me. PSU is in a slump atm but I think Desert Stronghold is around the corner with MAG+ close behind it.

Tetsaru
Aug 20, 2009, 10:23 PM
Save your money and play another game. :3

Seriously though, a lack of good endgame content is one of PSU's many faults. =x

tadtwisted
Aug 20, 2009, 10:34 PM
Ive got all the classes at lv 20 between the 4 characters, i was gonna get all the partner cards for all 4 of my guys but those story missions are like a kick in the balls and i like playing in a party. Desert stronghold looks good for the melan knuckles. i just wish the last couple events didnt ruins so many weapons to the point that everyone has them.

Ethateral
Aug 20, 2009, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I'm in a little slump right now myself with PSU. Do what I'm doing. Just check your shop and not play. I've always been known to do a few runs to level up crossbow bullets recently and not do anything else. I really have nothing I want/need to do/have in PSU right now. I'm really just waiting for MAG+, so I can level up my GT and my remade AF. :/

The GBR is a waste of time. I got my two Simbas, so I don't care about anything else. I only did a full run of the GBR. One full run of it. I had to force myself to do it as well.

Phaesphora
Aug 20, 2009, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I haven't played much in the past few weeks. The sole motivation of Technic leveling isn't enough to keep me interested. Thankfully I've had RL things (and a little PSŲ) to keep me busy.

gratefulgriz
Aug 21, 2009, 01:19 AM
Unfortunately I am too, thats not to say I wouldn't jump at another PS game! but for now PSU and I are in a slump. I haven't signed on for 23 days =(

MadDogg
Aug 21, 2009, 04:14 AM
Thats the beauty of having xbox live man. I could care less for the current gbr also, also I'm waiting on mag + to level my cast and his PAs. Besides hunting for a igg crown, I log off and go set up games in left 4 dead, blazblue, marvel vs capcom 2, and gears 2. Some pretty good time killers, until I can get my hands on wolfenstein and lost planet 2.

NDW
Aug 21, 2009, 05:35 AM
Right now taking advantage of 3* luck period and doing 'Ambition's End 2' to hunt Vijeri / Resist.

After that, I'll do online story mode and 'Bruce's Dungeon S' to get all partner cards on all characters and get PA Fragments since I need a lot of Tornado Dances for Carriguine-Rucar+'s (I have 45 Carriguine-Rucars in storage, I just need the Tornado Dances and Chevalier Edges).

Then, I'll probably do 'Ambition's End 2' if my CAST has 3* luck that day, 'SEED Express' if not, while waiting for MAG+ to come.

kyle21
Aug 21, 2009, 10:29 AM
Yeah PSU is lacking atm... I can't even bring my self to do any runs right now. Guess I'll just wait for MAG+ like everyone else.

Delete
Aug 21, 2009, 10:44 AM
I am surprised anyone's actually looking forward to Maxium Attack G+, I think it's a sorry excuse of an event that we already had. Also, I agree with ya Tad, Thats why I have been playing Fallout 3 and some other random games when I got the time.
PSU is almost at it's limit IMO,check out this page below......

http://psupedia.info/Longterm_schedule

Now look at the drops in those upcoming events and missions.......thats what we have to look forward to @___@

Gibdozer
Aug 21, 2009, 10:48 AM
I ran the GBR last night, it was the first time I logged in since the end of STD. I guess that qualifies as a slump. I had fun playing last night, but I don't think I'll ever be as dedicated to the game as I have been in years past again.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 21, 2009, 01:13 PM
Yep, same with me. I've been playing FF11 and got into this new PvP Action/RPG F2P game called S4 League. Art style reminds me of Samurai Legend Musashi. Its gaining alot of modes now ever since it opened (it only had TouchDown and Deathmatch). So yea, I'm gonna be doin that until MAG+ comes around.

Mikura
Aug 21, 2009, 08:24 PM
Yep, same with me. I've been playing FF11 and got into this new PvP Action/RPG F2P game called S4 League. Art style reminds me of Samurai Legend Musashi. Its gaining alot of modes now ever since it opened (it only had TouchDown and Deathmatch). So yea, I'm gonna be doin that until MAG+ comes around.

FFXI?! What the hell man, you should have told me. D: You could have joined me on the Diabolos server. ;;

Oh, and I've been in a slump lately too. Most of the time, I check my shop, run GBR a couple of times on my MF, and loiter around the lobbies until I get bored and log off. Once I get my MF to 160 and her techs to 41, I'll pretty much have nothing left to do besides lvl my 4th character, but she's kind of a joke anyway. <.<

autumn
Aug 21, 2009, 08:38 PM
I wholly agree. PSU doesn't have a lot to offer at the moment, minimal amounts of new things are planned for the future. I also can't figure out everyone's hype about MAG+. MAG wins the single most boring PSU event I've played, hands down. The US/EU servers have already played it twice and you can access it to run on the 5th floor of the GC. What about it could people possibly be excited about, there is a limit to how far nosalgia should go.

Maybe I'll resub if we get the supplemental update before Japan decides to pull the plug on the servers here. Or maybe when I get the urge I'll quit being lazy and wade through the moontext to resub my JP account.

Mikura
Aug 21, 2009, 08:43 PM
So I just logged on to check my shop. Friday night, 9:42PM eastern, all stars on PC/PS2 empty, including Uni 2. Seems everyone else pretty much feels the same way about PSU at the moment. Sad times indeed.

autumn
Aug 21, 2009, 08:46 PM
.-. Yucky

Mikura
Aug 21, 2009, 08:54 PM
.-. Yucky

Tell me about it. I love this game, but even I can't turn a blind eye to how awful that is to have so few people on during a night when it should be at max capacity.

cheapgunner
Aug 21, 2009, 09:02 PM
Tell me about it. I love this game, but even I can't turn a blind eye to how awful that is to have so few people on during a night when it should be at max capacity.

Me and my friends do a few runs when we can. We found a LPC 2 days ago and all I am looking for is a simba to complete my female human GT. Sadly, Lost Planet 2, LFD 2, Halo ODST have my attention right now, as well as some ds titles. Things look pretty bad but hopefully will be better come the next event. ._.

that cast named kai
Aug 21, 2009, 11:04 PM
it seems things have sorta slowed down,

GBR was ok, picked up a simba board and a lumerius/wall (sold the simba, the visuals for it hurt the eyes almost as bad as a close up look at 41+ techs before the nerf)

i may take a break from PSU, been playing pretty frequent since STD, i ended up restarting starting my female newman (not sure why, i guess wanted a change in looks, as well as a bunch of friends restarted at least one character also, i just forgot how long it takes to get her back to being a 'melee friendly AT', lvl 25 and still can't really use A-ranks striking weaps.)

Volcompat321
Aug 21, 2009, 11:13 PM
(sold the simba, the visuals for it hurt the eyes almost as bad as a close up look at 41+ techs before the nerf)

You must not have leveled techs. They are simply beautiful 41+.
The tech visual nerf was not a good thing IMO.
There should be some sort of option for it.
I love seeing those wonderful works of art shooting by me as a MF casts em.

that cast named kai
Aug 21, 2009, 11:25 PM
You must not have leveled techs. They are simply beautiful 41+.
The tech visual nerf was not a good thing IMO.
There should be some sort of option for it.
I love seeing those wonderful works of art shooting by me as a MF casts em.

not really, i never played MF or FT,

i have a buddy who i run with, who though it was funny to spam his 41+ techs where i was so they would end up blocking my sight while i was playing AF or Fi on my cast. i would have to take a half hour break between runs to adjust my eyes.

so i may be one of the few that is happy for the nerf if only so i don't have to put it with that :-P

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Aug 21, 2009, 11:46 PM
In all honesty, hunting the bees on desert goliath has kept me quite occupied with my gunner. I've leveled killer shot up a TON but not only that, there was the shot at the Lumira / HP Restore.

Squirrel3D
Aug 22, 2009, 01:30 AM
After playing White Beast maybe 14 straight times with Chopper Thomas (and still not get to 159 yet), I think it's time I take a long break from this game. Time to finally open games on my X360 (and Wii!!) that I haven't even gotten around to playing yet.

Ruru
Aug 24, 2009, 02:16 AM
i've been pretty bored with this game as well. the moatoob GBR didnt help any -_-; so i just went back to playing some older games lately.

God_Shiden
Aug 24, 2009, 02:25 AM
I just decided to play Vanilla WoW for the meantime, that or the school i have to get ready for in the next 2 hours will keep me occupied^^;

Mikura
Aug 24, 2009, 06:10 PM
I still play PSU off and on, but my friend is trying to get me into Trickster Online, so I might be on that for awhile. Also got Punch-Out recently for the Wii, and reliving the good ol' MvC2 days on PSN. All that, plus school...so yeah, I got plenty to keep me busy until PSU comes alive again next event.