PDA

View Full Version : PSU EU/US Update August 28th

Katy
Aug 24, 2009, 07:53 PM
Two new missions are being added: Desert Citadel and the special Co-Op mission, Security Breach.

Formerly known as "Desert Stronghold" and "Mechanical Soldiers".

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20090828a

DreXxiN
Aug 24, 2009, 07:58 PM
Well it's perfectly understandable that they waited to release "Desert Stronghold" since they needed a month to think of a cooler word to lodge onto the end of the first.

Skorn
Aug 24, 2009, 08:04 PM
Well. Hello there. =-)

joefro
Aug 24, 2009, 08:07 PM
The link says "Citadel of Sand" for me. I like that name more than "Desert..." desert is so generic.

EDIT: And, OMG (Daga Cresa+ (http://psupedia.info/Daga_Cresa%EF%BC%8B))!

Tyreek
Aug 24, 2009, 08:08 PM
So much for Chapter 7... But I like that they are being prompt about this.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 24, 2009, 08:16 PM
OOooh Security Breach! Kinda Metal Gear Solid-ish, ze?

Angry_Ryudo
Aug 24, 2009, 08:23 PM
Hehe, that means adding the Electric Fan, right?
http://i44.tinypic.com/2z80vhx.gif

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 24, 2009, 08:42 PM

Heheheh! Nice!

Dhylec
Aug 24, 2009, 08:45 PM
At least this update can give some people something to do... for a short while. ;]

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 24, 2009, 08:48 PM
True that Dhyl. Playing L4D with a buncha whiny n00bs gets tired after a while. I mean how many times do I have to tell people to turn off they're flashlights so they don't disturb the Witch? Alot apparently. And in several languages as well. Retards.

The_Brimada
Aug 24, 2009, 08:53 PM
I figured it would be released as a separate update. Stronghold "citadel" that is.

Gives me something to do for a few days I guess >.>

cheapgunner
Aug 24, 2009, 08:55 PM
True that Dhyl. Playing L4D with a buncha whiny n00bs gets tired after a while. I mean how many times do I have to tell people to turn off they're flashlights so they don't disturb the Witch? Alot apparently. And in several languages as well. Retards.

Me and 3 other friends played the newest survival area lighthouse and 3 of us managed to get stuck hanging to the ledge at near the top of the lighthouse. We lol'd at it a bit. This update seems pretty good. An old friend has come back to PSU as well. :)

Gunslinger-08
Aug 24, 2009, 08:56 PM
Sounds good. Hopefully I'll have my account up and running by then.

NDW
Aug 24, 2009, 09:01 PM
I'm glad to see that we've been getting updates more often lately. It's bringing us closer to MAG+ and the AOTI Supplemental Update, which I can't wait to get!

Ruru
Aug 24, 2009, 09:02 PM

LOL

and honestly i dont get why they waited to put this up instead of just sticking it in with the GBR, but whatever. i'm just happy they added it. now if only they'd hurry up and give us the rest of the story missions >.>;

DreXxiN
Aug 24, 2009, 09:02 PM

Oh God, don't get me started on noobs not listening to instructions on Left4Dead...

Katy
Aug 24, 2009, 09:21 PM
Excuse my first post, since it was a typo made by Edward. At least he admitted to it.

Citadel of Sand is the official name.

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5192168&postcount=15

MadDogg
Aug 24, 2009, 09:41 PM
Oh God, don't get me started on noobs not listening to instructions on Left4Dead...

Oh man, tell me about it. I hate playing with randoms so damn much, all my friends I regularly play with where asleep this morning, and my brother wanted to play l4d real bad. Anyway, after much struggling in dead air 1 of all places on versus, we were all perfectly on green running towards the safe room. My brother gets pulled to the side of a truck, so I go to melee him off so when can simply run to the safe room and be done with it. The other team I was against went first last round, and only 1 person survived.

This part drove me off into a blind rage......but basically, my 2 random teammates booked it to the safe room and shut the door. Both my brother and I both say, "dude what the fuck are you doing, come help me we are all green". there was a horde on me, all the infected were still spawning, and I already threw my pipe bomb awhile back. The 2 randoms say "Dude only 1 guy made it on their team, we have 2 people in here, so we will win."

Dot Dot fucking Dot. Keep in mind they both had pipe bombs mind you, all I needed help with was getting the horde off me before all the infected spawn again. Basically as we were arguing and I was trying to get the morons to help us, the infected team spawned, and both my bro and I get pounced. After my brother and I were on a sliver of health, the 2 come out the safe run just to get pounced on........I swear to god I never raged so hard at that game in my life until this morning. I hate randoms in left 4 dead so, so much.

ON TOPIC -- Does anything good drop during these 2 missions?

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 24, 2009, 11:14 PM
Yea I was wonderin the same thing. Are there any noteworthy drops for these two? Or will it be just mediocre at best.

Oh and MadDogg, after reading your story I have to say even I raged. But then again when I was helpin these two newbies (mind you they listen and are COMPETENT) through the sewer level this a-hole n00b joins up. So ya know this d-bag is zippin through the level leaving us behind to fend off the horde of infected. I mean we are gettin our asses handed to us royaly. Soon we come up to the area where there is all these pipe bombs by the desk. So I tell the other two to pick em up and wait for a bit. The n00b picks up the pipe bomb waits 2 seconds and chucks it, effectively wasting the damn thing. Strike 2. After barely fending off the huge amount of zombie we get close to the safe house. Then thats when the gods have blessed me. A boomer nails the n00b with his zombie love juice and I tell the other to to "RUN LIKE FRAKKIN HELL" to the Safe House. To add further insult to injury he gets snagged by a smoker. I run to the safe house while singing "Sweet Victory" and laughing like I just created Frankenstein's monster.

Ruru
Aug 24, 2009, 11:38 PM
on Citadel of sand it looks like on S the only good thing is mugunruk boards from kog nadds.
on S2 Rabol bistat from kog nadds, shigga pakuda board from bafal bragga again for anyone that missed out. as for the boss boxes on S2 muktengek boards >.> and psycho wands on S/S2

on the security breach one.
shigga pakudac on S
needle cannon/cannoc
and gudda igga are the only great things by the look of it.

hunterseifer
Aug 24, 2009, 11:43 PM
Its something for me to come back too, ive been waiting for the 065 to get fixed, hopefully it'll be fixed by then

Noblewine
Aug 25, 2009, 12:10 AM
I can't wait to see this. I thought we weren't going to get mechanical soldiers.

pinkace
Aug 25, 2009, 12:32 AM
Ok, so now that we are getting update after update after update, it seems i was right to be optimistic.

Thank you Sega! :cuddle: :kisses:

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 25, 2009, 12:58 AM
Ok, so now that we are getting update after update after update, it seems i was right to be optimistic.

Thank you Sega! :cuddle: :kisses:

Optimism is overrated, especially when you consider that Citadel of Sand (Desert Stronghold) was part of the Moatoob GBR for Japan but was not for ours. Furthermore to provide content so quickly they have skipped Alpha+ and Beta+ which provided some quality end-game items.

What's worse is that with no delay for Citadel of Sand, this shows that the content was ready to go and they decided not to release it as part of our GBR. The one mission that might have saved this pathetic event and they give it to us the day after the GBR ends. Good planning SEGA.

Gunslinger-08
Aug 25, 2009, 01:08 AM
OH SNAP! Gudda Igga drops on S! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

TrekkiesUnite
Aug 25, 2009, 01:10 AM
Hey, at least we are getting the mission, just be happy for that.

biggabertha
Aug 25, 2009, 01:33 AM
"We didn't get it like Timmy did! It's not fair!"

"Son, it's how the cookie crumbles..."

"BUT THAT'S NOT FAIR!!"

"Now, now, child..."

DPShiro
Aug 25, 2009, 02:41 AM
Updates are always good, but i agree with others that there are nothing worth hunting.
Still hoping next update will be Alpha & Beta+.
(or free adahna units in my common box will also work)
:)

landman
Aug 25, 2009, 03:37 AM
I see some decorations I would loooove to hunt in both missions :)

Chibi_psu
Aug 25, 2009, 03:56 AM
For me they just fucked it up...Why the hell do they release two missions one in each planet?We dont have so many people to split it in two now....And why are they holding chapter 7 yet?Well at least i will get the fan....

Ail
Aug 25, 2009, 06:26 AM
i just hope in more [b] deva-zashi drops ^^

Hrith
Aug 25, 2009, 06:41 AM
Citadel of Sand is a nice translation, best thing about this update...

Ethateral
Aug 25, 2009, 08:42 AM
Mmm... More Deva-zashi [b]s. <3

The_Brimada
Aug 25, 2009, 11:30 AM
Optimism is overrated, especially when you consider that Citadel of Sand (Desert Stronghold) was part of the Moatoob GBR for Japan but was not for ours. Furthermore to provide content so quickly they have skipped Alpha+ and Beta+ which provided some quality end-game items.

What's worse is that with no delay for Citadel of Sand, this shows that the content was ready to go and they decided not to release it as part of our GBR. The one mission that might have saved this pathetic event and they give it to us the day after the GBR ends. Good planning SEGA.

Agreed, but I already knew they would add citadel in as a standalone "update" just because sega is sega. Surprised we got mechanical soldiers along with it though. I'm happy about that much.

bupjo
Aug 25, 2009, 11:48 AM
Ahh, poor Sega...no matter what you do, you cant please some of these little whiny bastards.

Chibi_psu
Aug 25, 2009, 01:07 PM
DEVA ZASHIS? IT SOULD DROP DERAGA ZASHIS

Ahh, poor Sega...no matter what you do, you cant please some of these little whiny bastards.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/59/Coolface_thinks.jpg

RubyEclipse
Aug 25, 2009, 01:08 PM
"We didn't get it like Timmy did! It's not fair!"

"Son, it's how the cookie crumbles..."

"BUT THAT'S NOT FAIR!!"

"Now, now, child..."
Post of the day. :)

Good to see there are a lot of people here who appreciate the update, though, and that it's still just as easy to spot those who are always negative, and would find something to complain about no matter what was added.

Bonus pic from the co-op mission for you guys:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff177/RubyEclipse/bombombombomb.jpg

Chibi_psu
Aug 25, 2009, 01:14 PM

Good to see there are a lot of people here who appreciate the update, though, and that it's still just as easy to spot those who are always negative, and would find something to complain about no matter what was added.

Yeah because you gms did so well in the past and the game is so full of players...Gbr didnt worked and these missions will last 1 week

Falke
Aug 25, 2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah because you gms did so well in the past and the game is so full of players...Gbr didnt worked and these missions will last 1 week

The GBR wasn't down to the GM's. They don't control the content we get.
Edit: and what on EARTH makes you think that they have ANY control over the PSU population?

Chibi_psu
Aug 25, 2009, 01:40 PM
you want people back? really easy:

1.- content updates every week.
2.-gms ingame everyday making games/supporting people
3.-lowering the montly fee(not really expensive but that would help)
4.- full game download and 1 month trial.
5.- events like mag and std.That really bring people
6.-adds in game magazines/websites and even on psnetwork and xbox live
Lots of ideas and only sega has the control of it.(we cant contact the makers of this game so we have to rely on gms)

I love this game but all i see its empty lobbys and almost all my friends have quit.At this rate the game will be dead in notime

pinkace
Aug 25, 2009, 01:41 PM

I am stepping off this thread before these two whiny bitches piss me off. I hate people that always find a fault on things and are so intrinsically stupid that they fail to see the pattern.

I wish I could slap you both. I truly do.

Ruru
Aug 25, 2009, 02:12 PM

Bonus pic from the co-op mission for you guys:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff177/RubyEclipse/bombombombomb.jpg

any update is welcomed.

and this made me lol "BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB"

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 25, 2009, 02:16 PM
I am stepping off this thread before these two whiny bitches piss me off. I hate people that always find a fault on things and are so intrinsically stupid that they fail to see the pattern.

I wish I could slap you both. I truly do.

Haha, for one thing you are the one whining. I am citing specific examples and differences between the Regional and Japanese servers. Excuse me for being less than happy when we continue to get less content than Japan while we pay more for it.

Yes, I expect to get new content on a regular basis as we are easily 9+ months behind Japan. All of our content is already predetermined and I can look at Japan's release schedule to tell you what we will be getting for the next 6 months.

Sorry that I do not praise SEGA for continuing this trend of giving us much, much less than Japan. Yes, we are finally getting content in a timely manner but when you compare the servers we are always getting less than Japan in every one of these exchanges. I would rather have them take their time with these updates and do them correctly then to continue shoveling them out without including everything that Japan got.

The_Brimada
Aug 25, 2009, 02:28 PM
As much as I agree there shouldn't be much complaining in the thread, they do still have the right too. Its on thing if what they are saying is completely irrelevant, but in Hiero's case at least he's absolutely right in what he says.

I'm happy with content period, but since we're so far behind already I would think we would get a little extra if anything when we do receive an update, and not have something left out like we did last update. Bring on the new update though. Gives me something to do (for a bit at least).

Tyreek
Aug 25, 2009, 02:35 PM
At least we are actually updates in timely manner this time. Or would it be more satifying for this to be how it was like on PSOBB? An almost half a year gap of no updates? While its fact that we are behind the JP server without a doubt, we ARE getting these updates. At most this year we had at least a week or two of a break before they announced something else coming. I think we are treading at a steady pace this time around. And hey, it's SEGA people. I'm sure we've been over this for the umpteenth time already.

Mimo
Aug 25, 2009, 02:47 PM
yay i cant wait, i finally got my pc fixed, so i'll be less laggy now ^.^

Ail
Aug 25, 2009, 02:57 PM
DEVA ZASHIS? IT SOULD DROP DERAGA ZASHIS

deva-zashi is better because it has silence effect and i already have a set of 42%+ so i don't have to make a new set of 42%+ deraga-zashi :-P dam i want at least a set of 46%+ >_<

too bad i can't play right after the update :/

Gen2000
Aug 25, 2009, 03:32 PM
From this update I'm just glad to have some new missions to run personally. Kind of sucks that they release Desert Stronghold after GBR ends where the boost droprate would have actually been very useful but whatever.

Phaesphora
Aug 25, 2009, 04:03 PM
Nice to see more-or-less consistent additions to PSU, but there's not too much coming up that I'm interested in. Guess I will stay unsubbed for a while longer. ^^;

xBULLYDOGG
Aug 25, 2009, 05:24 PM
Back to back updates with content be released after each update yadda yadda
events back to back
Why do people complain about the good stuff?
StD ended and we got the protectors mission thingys and a good half of my friends started flaming ME because of the events coming so quick i honestly can't see the error in all this. Someone please guide me

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 25, 2009, 07:00 PM
Nothing crazy that will get me goin. But I've been wondering what the hubbub was with Desert Stronghold anyways. So, yea I guess I am a lil happy about this update.

Gunslinger-08
Aug 25, 2009, 07:09 PM
I think I need some cheese to go with the whine in this thread.

I guess I'm just blissfully unaware of how bad the updates have been. I just got back after working all summer and barely got to play at all.

Tetsaru
Aug 25, 2009, 07:57 PM
Soooo, when are we getting that big supplemental update? Any reason why that's not here yet? =/

Sorry to add to the pessimism, but I agree - the new mission should've been released when the GBR was going on. If Japan had it that way, there's no reason why we shouldn't have had it the same way. The difference in content between us and Japan continues to be an ongoing problem in this game, which influenced my decision to unsubscribe in the first place. Sega just continues to drip-feed everything to us.

Sorry, but I remain unamused...

Ryna
Aug 25, 2009, 08:24 PM
Let's keep the comments related to the mission update. If you have complaints about the perceived inadequate nature of the online offerings, create a thread in the Rants forum.

On Topic:
It'll be nice to play something new. Does anyone have any videos of the new missions?

Tyreek
Aug 25, 2009, 08:49 PM
I'll be sure to make some when it comes Ryna. If you don' mind a personal touch to my videos that is. ;)

Shou
Aug 25, 2009, 09:54 PM
Actually, they way they have been releasing updates recently, we are catching up to the JP server. The only thing is that we did not have Toob Relics durring the GBR which made the whole GBR pretty boring accept for being able to play really old missions. There shouldn't be any negetive criticism for this update. If we were Japan we would have had to wait 2 more weeks with Alpha+ and Beta+ AND 3 extra weeks of Toob GBR. Fu*k that. Anything that brings us closer to the Supp Update should make EVERYONE happy.

Volcompat321
Aug 25, 2009, 09:55 PM
To be honest, I gave up caring what updates we get or not.
I know JP is so many months ahead of us, and I know we will never be caught up to them.
I know we will never be seen as equals to Japanese players. I know we will never be able to play PSU as awesome as JP players.
Really, the only reason I play the game is cause it's fun.
I pay(or did pay, until sub ran out) because I love the game.
I've been playing for the almost 3 years the game has been out.
I have already realized if you don't like the terms of service, the way it's ran, or how much it costs, you DON'T HAVE TO PAY, which means you DON'T HAVE TO PLAY!
I actually like hearing people "bitch" because they really are telling the truth.
I like to hear both sides.
Just know, those people aren't playing (most likely), and they always do have an opinion that is wanted.
You may not want to hear it, but some people do.
Respect other peoples rights to have an opinion.
Those people "bitching" are just as much a broken record as SEGA.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 25, 2009, 10:06 PM
Thank you Vol for summin it all up using common sense. Which is good. I'd like to know what we are gettin in the Casino item line up.

Volcompat321
Aug 25, 2009, 10:25 PM
Not sure if that was sarcasm or not. lol.

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 25, 2009, 10:35 PM
Actually, they way they have been releasing updates recently, we are catching up to the JP server. The only thing is that we did not have Toob Relics durring the GBR which made the whole GBR pretty boring accept for being able to play really old missions. There shouldn't be any negetive criticism for this update. If we were Japan we would have had to wait 2 more weeks with Alpha+ and Beta+ AND 3 extra weeks of Toob GBR. Fu*k that. Anything that brings us closer to the Supp Update should make EVERYONE happy.

I hate seeing them skip content in order to catch us up to Japan. For one thing, we will never catch them so why skip content? Do you really want rushed content that is lacking vital portions of it? That is what we got with this last GBR (no Citadel of Sand) and with the Summer Event (shorter duration and lack of Alpha+ and Beta+).

Yes, timely content is a good thing but skipping content is horrible and that is exactly what they are currently doing.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 25, 2009, 10:52 PM
No sarcasm Vol. If it was sarcasm then I woulda added a "lol" followed by a Bay-splosion. It would also be epic. I wonder if any note worthy decos drop from these events. I need to pimp Kitami's room up a lil.

DAMASCUS
Aug 25, 2009, 11:13 PM
I guess I'm wierd but the split-off of certain recent missions made sense to me.

- Having one or both of these missions on during GBR would have just split the online population more. There MAY have been more people online at first but boredom would have gone the same course. Since we had that 6-button mission it was important to have full participation; which was still sad beyond words :(

- I was pretty burnt out on the Summer event when it finished out. Having a variation at a higher difficulty right after would have felt like beating a dead horse. At least with a break before they release alpha+ and beta+ it can still be fun to revisit. That is, of course, assuming that they wouldn't waste such a simple mission drop :o

-

darkante
Aug 25, 2009, 11:17 PM
I think they don´t want people to have an too easy time getting drops from those new missions. But that is just my impression.

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 26, 2009, 12:29 AM
I guess I'm wierd but the split-off of certain recent missions made sense to me.

- Having one or both of these missions on during GBR would have just split the online population more. There MAY have been more people online at first but boredom would have gone the same course. Since we had that 6-button mission it was important to have full participation; which was still sad beyond words :(

- I was pretty burnt out on the Summer event when it finished out. Having a variation at a higher difficulty right after would have felt like beating a dead horse. At least with a break before they release alpha+ and beta+ it can still be fun to revisit. That is, of course, assuming that they wouldn't waste such a simple mission drop :o

-

Split what population? Everyone was back at White Beast for the last two weeks of the GBR. Serioulsy, only a few hardcore players even spammed this GBR. Most were hunting Vijeri/Resists or playing elsewhere.

What worries me the most is that we may not get Alpha+ or Beta+ at all. I would rather have no break (like they did with the GBR) and get those missions than to skip them entirely. The problem is that SoA can do absolutely nothing to get us content, so if SoJ skips things then we just lose out.

stinkyfish97
Aug 26, 2009, 04:17 AM
Looking at the drops in these two missions it looks reasonably good. I feel sorry to those who purchased a lot of those I. tags since the special boxes show that it is supposed to be a special box drop. Ill probably spam for melan fist and melan knuckles however. I wouldnt mind getting my hands on a kan yuc however. Just to keep my sword collection up to date. :-) trying to collect every sword at decent element. Anyways the drops dont really look to bad.

JesMaz
Aug 26, 2009, 05:08 AM
Kan Yuc for girls yaay

DuRaL
Aug 26, 2009, 05:10 AM
i find it funny how so many people ALWAYS complain! they complain when there's no update, they complain when there IS an update.. they'd probably even complain if Sega released all missing content this friday, because one day's not long enough to run all the missions, ooooh ;__;

i mean, seriously.. if you don't like new missions and prefer spamming White Beast instead, then why do you even bother? just spam White Beast! it's already there!
i'm glad there are at least a few people out there that actually play the game for FUN, and not for DROPS ONLY! (where are the nice drops in white beast anyway?)

personally, i liked the GBR, because i could finally find teams for 5-6 different missions! (4 GBR missions, white beast and sometimes seed express)
if you play on 360, it's actually not that bad when the population gets split, because that means you can run more than 1 mission over and over.. oh, and the lobbies are not so full of spammers either!
with the upcoming update, i see 3 possible hot spots: the 2 new missions & white beast, of course..
and perhaps even a few teams for Egg Thieves, because it's in the same lobby and it will be a completely new mission for many many hardcore white beast spammers as well ^_~

darkante
Aug 26, 2009, 06:45 AM
i find it funny how so many people ALWAYS complain! they complain when there's no update, they complain when there IS an update.. they'd probably even complain if Sega released all missing content this friday, because one day's not long enough to run all the missions, ooooh ;__;

i mean, seriously.. if you don't like new missions and prefer spamming White Beast instead, then why do you even bother? just spam White Beast! it's already there!
i'm glad there are at least a few people out there that actually play the game for FUN, and not for DROPS ONLY! (where are the nice drops in white beast anyway?)

personally, i liked the GBR, because i could finally find teams for 5-6 different missions! (4 GBR missions, white beast and sometimes seed express)
if you play on 360, it's actually not that bad when the population gets split, because that means you can run more than 1 mission over and over.. oh, and the lobbies are not so full of spammers either!
with the upcoming update, i see 3 possible hot spots: the 2 new missions & white beast, of course..
and perhaps even a few teams for Egg Thieves, because it's in the same lobby and it will be a completely new mission for many many hardcore white beast spammers as well ^_~
Personally, i´ m running mission now just for the sake of variety. (whenever i´m on..but that have been a while ago)
But not really so much in a ghost world (blame ST for the lack of balance and things to do)

But i do kinda wish the balance would be in order so that people can have a chance to enjoy the mission, i hate running mission when things dies in one second or 2.

Not everyone plays as Master classes and own everything in milliseconds.
But for me, i have almost no choise in that matter.

I have to use Gunmaster in parties to even feel like a contribute to something,
for the most part.
Which is dumb as i really prefer playing as Fighgunner on my Beastiy, really more fun.

I like things to drag out a bit so more players actually feels needed and not just add into "speed runs".

Ehh..enough BAW for me i suppose.

biggabertha
Aug 26, 2009, 10:14 AM
Just because someone else has something, is it justified that you can complain to get what you want..?

What are you..? 4 years old..?

If you can't get what you want, complaining about it is one of the most immature way of dealing with the situation.

On Topic: Illuminus Tags being in special boxes..? :wacko:

@ RubyEclipse: It sure is useful being a Protranser..!

DAMASCUS
Aug 26, 2009, 11:20 AM
Despite the fact that I did my best to 'enjoy' this GBR it was the worst GBR we've had and I'll be glad to just have it done with.

I'm looking forward to playing these missions even though the drops are uninspiring.

The handling of Alpha+ and Beta+ is unusual but just because they released them right away for Japan doesn't mean that is the best idea for our servers. If they want to keep people interested here they will( and have ) spread missions out more. Based on that I believe that we WILL see them later.

Shou
Aug 26, 2009, 11:50 AM
I hate seeing them skip content in order to catch us up to Japan. For one thing, we will never catch them so why skip content? Do you really want rushed content that is lacking vital portions of it? That is what we got with this last GBR (no Citadel of Sand) and with the Summer Event (shorter duration and lack of Alpha+ and Beta+).

Yes, timely content is a good thing but skipping content is horrible and that is exactly what they are currently doing.

The only content they "skipped" is Alpha+ and Beta+. Who the hell wants to deley updates for 2 weeks for those? They are just reskins of an old and lame event mission. There will be 3-4 less Adahna Units on our server. So what? I'm so glad ST skipped them and even more glad the Toob GBR only lasted 3 weeks. This boosted us 5 weeks ahead of schedule. THATS AWESOME.

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 26, 2009, 12:57 PM
The only content they "skipped" is Alpha+ and Beta+. Who the hell wants to deley updates for 2 weeks for those? They are just reskins of an old and lame event mission. There will be 3-4 less Adahna Units on our server. So what? I'm so glad ST skipped them and even more glad the Toob GBR only lasted 3 weeks. This boosted us 5 weeks ahead of schedule. THATS AWESOME.

Well, so long as they actually use the correct drop charts it would mean Crisla-senba and Ank buti boards, in addition to Adahna Units so every type has something to pursue. That is end-game gear, not something that drops made with a crappy percentage or is already obsolete.

Yes, everyone plays for a different reason but just because you want the Supplemental update sooner does not invalidate me wanting the best two missions to provide end-game equipment. Would two weeks of waiting really kill your PSU experience?

Also, we are not going to catch up to SoJ's servers. If we make up more than one month I will be amazed as they will have to continue to shorten events and give us more than they did for Japan. So far all of our updates have included less (although they did shorten both of the last two events). That seems like a double negative to me and in this case two negatives do not make a positive.

I think my favorite part is how short-sighted you are being. So what happens when we get the Supplemental Update? We will be 180/20, can farm AExp and play the first three /R missions. The enemies will still be below 170 and will not increase for the forseeable future (only the pay-to-play missions have 175+ in Japan) and the events are the only things that will have higher level mobs (of which they have had one). At least you can make your already powerful character even better, right? Have fun playing White Beast for the next year (it is the best place to farm AExp).

If they are going to give us updates then do it right and match what they gave Japan. If they are going to deviate then give us a reason for it to let us know why it is in our interest to have shorter events or omit a new mission from the GBR. So far they do what they want, when they want and no amount of complaining or praise is going to make them change anything. I'm just sorry that I have to be the one pointing out their mistakes.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 26, 2009, 01:06 PM
Herrrooooooo! Do I hear sumone say that Illuminus Tags are in the special boxes? Time for me to do some rare hunting...lulz!

LuigiMario
Aug 26, 2009, 01:08 PM
Personally, i´ m running mission now just for the sake of variety. (whenever i´m on..but that have been a while ago)
But not really so much in a ghost world (blame ST for the lack of balance and things to do)

But i do kinda wish the balance would be in order so that people can have a chance to enjoy the mission, i hate running mission when things dies in one second or 2.

Not everyone plays as Master classes and own everything in milliseconds.
But for me, i have almost no choise in that matter.

I have to use Gunmaster in parties to even feel like a contribute to something,
for the most part.
Which is dumb as i really prefer playing as Fighgunner on my Beastiy, really more fun.

I like things to drag out a bit so more players actually feels needed and not just add into "speed runs".

Ehh..enough BAW for me i suppose.

You, BUB, are blind.

str898mustang
Aug 26, 2009, 01:14 PM

not everyone cares about the supplemental update right now. Yes I want it to come but I want other things too before it comes. I know a lot of people were wanting Adahna units not to mention if Ank buti Boards were dropping, that's a whole nother story. 50% Buti+Rabol buti anyone??

EDIT: Yeah we still have a long while before the supplemental update.

The_Brimada
Aug 26, 2009, 01:47 PM

Personally the original winter event(alpha and beta) was my favorite event by far, but the drops were just garbage. I'd more than welcome the + versions. I want supplemental update just as much as the next guy, but when will people realize that a schedule does not exist for the regional servers?

Sega is on the ball lately because we actually are getting content, but that still doesn't change a thing. In all honesty though if we knew absolutely nothing about the JP content almost everyone would be happy! Ignorance is bliss!

hunterseifer
Aug 26, 2009, 02:51 PM
Kan Yuc for girls yaay

Sorry to break the news to you but even the kubara version is males only ^^;

Ruru
Aug 26, 2009, 02:54 PM

really? REALLY?

now that's just disapointing. D:

unicorn
Aug 26, 2009, 03:07 PM
As much as I would love to believe that Sega is trying to catch us up with JP a lil faster... I'm starting to believe that they really don't have an update schedule for us. Lol, perhaps Sega was just too damn lazy to release Alpha+ and Beta+ and we're still going to be two weeks behind on SOMETHING (this is Sega we're talking about).

I dont think that they also planned to NOT to innclude Citadel of Sand in the GBR, they probably just forgot it was part of the update and let it slide and probably just assumed they could attach it to some future update. We were probably going to get Mechanical Warriors by ITSELF this week anyway.

Gen2000
Aug 26, 2009, 03:15 PM
Personally the original winter event(alpha and beta) was my favorite event by far, but the drops were just garbage.

I didn't really care much for the main event mission itself but I too enjoyed Alpha and Beta missions, they were actually fun to play imo and somewhat challenging if you weren't a GM.

I thought the drops were alright at the time, i.e. Rabol Buti, easy Gekis/Mugunruks, it was the only place to get Mugunburga [b]s before Summer event came about, but more importantly it had access to Adahna Units which we won't have another shot at until the next Neudiaz GBR IIRC. If the + versions have Ank Butis that would make it even more worthwhile to run.

Shou
Aug 26, 2009, 03:54 PM
As a Masterforce main, the supp update is the most important thing to come out for me. I know everyone does not play classes that become much more balanced in the supp. In fact I assume most people are either FM or GM which don't change too much from the update. I really think that the supp update will make almost every player happier with the game more than a 2 week chance at finding buti boards.

Shinko
Aug 26, 2009, 04:20 PM
Meh nasty updated. Oh well I'll play it anyways.... maybe I can make some money out of the garbage that drops....

Lame..... -_-

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 26, 2009, 04:25 PM
As a Masterforce main, the supp update is the most important thing to come out for me. I know everyone does not play classes that become much more balanced in the supp. In fact I assume most people are either FM or GM which don't change too much from the update. I really think that the supp update will make almost every player happier with the game more than a 2 week chance at finding buti boards.

I agree that type balances should not take 2+ years to release. This is just another example of how poorly SEGA has managed the schedule for the Regional servers. That being said, there is more to PSU than just the Masterforce rebalance.

If SEGA really cared don't you think they would balance the game first and then release the content updates? They obviously do not care enough to give us things like Gold Bars, rebalance Diga/Foie (can hit up to 2 targets), adjust type stats, adjust the Nanoblast power, readjust PAs, etc. Having to wait until they release the Supplemental Update when these things have been ongoing issues on our servers for over a year now is horrible.

Again, I am happy that we are getting content but this is just an example of how poorly they are managing the Regional servers and how SoA has absolutely no control over any of our updates. Fast-forwarding to the Supplemental Update is not the answer.

str898mustang
Aug 26, 2009, 04:26 PM

Yeah I'm ready for the suppl update but a chance of getting a 50% Ank Buti for my Protranser would be hella nice.

Xefi
Aug 26, 2009, 08:31 PM
An "OK" updates. I'll just wait for a better one next time before
playing this game again. It's actually more fun to see what SEGA
comes up with updates these days than playing the actual game! -joking-

MattyNator26
Aug 27, 2009, 04:02 PM
hi, im new to forums so first i will say, i think psu is an awsome game. but i have a question, ive heard many rumors going around about a mission coming soon that drops rappy suits of all colors. my question is: is that true or just a rumor, and if its true, when is it gonna be released?

garjian
Aug 27, 2009, 04:27 PM
hi, im new to forums so first i will say, i think psu is an awsome game. but i have a question, ive heard many rumors going around about a mission coming soon that drops rappy suits of all colors. my question is: is that true or just a rumor, and if its true, when is it gonna be released?

its not true.

The_Brimada
Aug 27, 2009, 05:08 PM

There isnt a mission that drops rappy suits, but you can get them from the clothes shop trade in mission in the room in the back of the 5th floor of colony.

MattyNator26
Aug 27, 2009, 08:08 PM
ok thanks for the info :D also, i went to the trade shop to check, how do i get those items, because most of them i dont know where/how to get except off of other players(which would cost more than it would if i just bought the suit)

Ovada
Aug 27, 2009, 09:22 PM
All I'm seeing is that Psycho Wands will drop in price due to this. But of course, people will go spam white beast and complain about this one =.=

Alamar
Aug 27, 2009, 11:00 PM
These 2 should be a heck of lot better then that sorry gbr.

Did have another post but a got some lag was unfinished. so if it appears that will look messed up.

Somnia
Aug 27, 2009, 11:09 PM
All I'm seeing is that Psycho Wands will drop in price due to this. But of course, people will go spam white beast and complain about this one =.=

Barely.. Psycho boards are already cheap as hell, like around 4mil on 360 last time I checked. It's the Diads that keep the price up.

Lord Hammerheart
Aug 28, 2009, 12:50 AM
Sega's been pretty steady with updates lately. Maybe they're going to get us closer to where Japan's at? I don't think it'd ever catch up, but i could see them bumping it up so player's didn't run off. I love this game. I'd hate to see it end anytime soon. I'll be on till the end... most likely anyways. :beer:

Squirrel3D
Aug 28, 2009, 02:06 PM
Hmm....well I'll check out both of the new missions....see which is the more interesting of the two. I'll probably have Cynica on one, and Streak and Chopper on the other.