PDA

View Full Version : PSU Help a newbie with some info

Aiyrn
Aug 28, 2009, 02:24 AM
So, here's the thing, i'm pretty new to this game, having only played it for 2 days so far, but i have played pso and the psp version a little bit. I really REALLY enjoy melee fighting, guns aren't really my style, and neither is magic.

Thats not to say i wont ever try them, but if im going to be doing like...95% melee all the time, would it be better to make a beast character, instead of a human?

Seems like they are better for fighter types, and they get that nifty beast form thing too. I'm level 11 now, which kinda sucks cause i hate starting over, but i've also noticed i've been having a hard time leveling up. your thoughts/opinions/guidance are welcome ^.^

Volcompat321
Aug 28, 2009, 02:29 AM
Up to you really.
Some people say Beasts are better fighters, some say CASTs are.
There are pros and cons in both.
Beasts have horrible ATA(debatable by most) and CASTs have great (the most) ATA in the game.
Beasts have the most ATP, and CASTs have the second best.
Some would say CASTs ATA makes up for the second rate ATP(which isn't bad at all)
Though if you were wanting to be techer at all, Beasts are better techers,(not by much though) but if you wanted to be a gunner, CASTs make better gunners(again, debatable).
I suggest since you already made a Beast, keep with it.
Personally, I like Casts, and absolutely hate Beasts. No specific reason really.
You should keep up with what you made, and if you decide to change job, make a new character. You have four slots :wacko:
Good luck, and have fun!
inb4moved...agian

Delete
Aug 28, 2009, 02:32 AM
I'd go with the Beast as well (although Cast are the Best :D).
I'm not sure exactly how the expansion stuff works on the computer, but if you have it, try and do some White Beast runs on Neudaiz. That will level you up really quickly :-)

PS: If only you were on 360, You'd be real lucky because I'm actually quitting : >

Aiyrn
Aug 28, 2009, 02:35 AM
wait...whats a techer? like magic?

GlowSticks
Aug 28, 2009, 02:38 AM
I'd go with the Beast as well (although Cast are the Best :D).
I'm not sure exactly how the expansion stuff works on the computer, but if you have it, try and do some White Beast runs on Neudaiz. That will level you up really quickly :-)

PS: If only you were on 360, You'd be real lucky because I'm actually quitting : >

Intel you hit level like 60-70 then it's boring/slow.

Not many people make Humans unless they really do enjoy not being good at anything except all around decent. -_-.. which isn't that great of a factor in this game.

HMM stay Beast.

I honestly hate melee, but w/e. -_- GUNs FTW!

Very exciting making weapons/armors though. ( maybe a little too far on exciting but it is decent fun )

Aiyrn
Aug 28, 2009, 02:41 AM
im not sure why everyone thinks ive already made a beast >.< im human right now, the question was whether or not it would be worth it to start over as a beast, or maybe even cast, if their stats really are that good. can a cast hunter still use SUV weapons? that would be neat =D

Delete
Aug 28, 2009, 02:48 AM
im not sure why everyone thinks ive already made a beast >.< im human right now, the question was whether or not it would be worth it to start over as a beast, or maybe even cast, if their stats really are that good. can a cast hunter still use SUV weapons? that would be neat =D

I understood ya didn't have one

And yeah, Cast would be the way to go Imo. They can use Suv in any class but the basics which are Hunter,Ranger and Force
Oops, actually you can use Suv's in all classes. When mentioning Suv's, Paradi Cataract came to mind like it was the only Suv that existed, lol. But yeah, when you get to 20....you can use Suv from then on as long as your armor has an extra slot. ^^

Aiyrn
Aug 28, 2009, 02:52 AM
looks like im gonna make myself a cast then =) i just hope i can make a decent looking female character thats a robot, ive never made one before =P

Volcompat321
Aug 28, 2009, 10:29 AM
I thought you made a Beast because I was tired, and didn't fully understand.
At the end of my little paragraph, I said keep with whatever you already made.
To be honest, if you have any lag, by the time you go into Beast form, and start moving, you might already have a whole bar gone.
If you have no lag, then it's not a problem, but at least with CASTs you don't really have to aim the SUV(well....kinda, with some).
Either way you go, have fun.

roardova lengths
Aug 28, 2009, 10:44 AM
You should have a male of each race, all of them could be fighters, besides, you never know. And if you ever see my name in the game, I'll take you White Beasts and AMF Platform for leveling...

pinkace
Aug 28, 2009, 11:43 AM
If you plan to stay Melee then yes, human is the wrong choice.

BUT, Cast is not the best choice either!!!

Cast's higher accuracy will mean less misses. you will land more hits and thereby level your PAs faster. However, at higher levels, the Beast's lack of accuracy matters less and less, and as Cast ATP levels out, Beast ATP keeps getting noticeably better.

So, quick rewards as a cast now or perfection as a fighting beast later...

Aiyrn
Aug 28, 2009, 11:46 AM
dangitt, so many good arguments for each race >.< how am i ever going to decide?

ok so ive decided, im going to be cast, for a few reasons

1. SUV weapons look neat, and it seems a little more usefull than beastform, as its just an attack, rather than a timed form change.
2. CASTs just look awesome =D

pinkace
Aug 28, 2009, 12:05 PM
Male or female?

Aiyrn
Aug 28, 2009, 12:10 PM
female....why? does it matter?

Volcompat321
Aug 28, 2009, 12:35 PM
Very little.

Gunslinger-08
Aug 28, 2009, 01:36 PM
Won't humans have access to more ability points (or whatever they're called) when we eventually get the supplemental update?

Volcompat321
Aug 28, 2009, 01:38 PM
Won't humans have access to more ability points (or whatever they're called) when/if we eventually get the supplemental update?

Fix'd.
It's a matter of when and if.
By the time the local servers get that, the OP would probably have 4 characters max level.

pinkace
Aug 28, 2009, 02:30 PM
There are fewer melee weapons a male fighter cannot use. I am no weapon expert, but i can name Gudda Hon and Kan Yu off the top of my head. those are male only.

Aiyrn
Aug 28, 2009, 02:57 PM
wow...so sega is sexist? =P

Jago6
Aug 28, 2009, 04:56 PM
Hello Fellow Gamers. I'm going to start back playing this game (X360 version).
@ Delete - If you're really serious about quitting, can I have all of your items & mesetas ?
@ Aiyrn - If only you had the X360 version. I would gladly help you out in leveling.
I've talken a long break from this games 1.5yrs, it's about time I get back into it. But with all the other games coming out, it's hard to find the time.

Katy
Aug 28, 2009, 05:21 PM
There are fewer melee weapons a male fighter cannot use. I am no weapon expert, but i can name Gudda Hon and Kan Yu off the top of my head. those are male only.

Gudda Hon is male/female Beast only. Only Kan Yu/Yuc and Guld are male only.

DAMASCUS
Aug 28, 2009, 05:22 PM
Congratulations on your choice to play a female cast! If you happen to be playing the PS2 version you are in for a treat too; they have some cool SUV call outs.

I'd say you are in great shape and if you decide to be more hardcore after you hit the level cap then definitely make a beast fighter and make your girl cast more versatile! That way you can look forward to real big damage for those stubborn enemies. You'd be surprised how useful a crossbow can be too.

Delete
Aug 28, 2009, 08:23 PM
dangitt, so many good arguments for each race >.< how am i ever going to decide?

ok so ive decided, im going to be cast, for a few reasons

1. SUV weapons look neat, and it seems a little more usefull than beastform, as its just an attack, rather than a timed form change.
2. CASTs just look awesome =D

You won't be disappointed. :wacko:

Also to Jago6

Depends, what levels your characters are.

NDW
Aug 29, 2009, 02:09 AM

Gudda Hon is actually beast only, both male and female beasts can use a Gudda Hon.

MattyNator26
Aug 29, 2009, 08:58 AM
ive read over the posts here and thought id put in my two cents for the original poster. if you want to make a melee character, i would suggest a beast over a CAST. the reason for that is, beasts have a special ability designed for close combat and CASTs have a special ability designed more towards distance fighting. personally, i have no problem with SUVs but, in my experence, beast mode is better for melee attacks.

ps: if you play the 360 version, send me a message.....i know of people who can help you get started(such as myself and myknowledge of the economy on psu) we might be able to help you train and/or get you some good starter weapons =D

AlienFX
Aug 31, 2009, 04:42 AM
I had a lot of fun with my human, trying all the classes. But Beasts are definitely the best class in the game, no matter what you love using.