PDA

View Full Version : What would you like the next online PS game to be titled?

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 28, 2009, 10:13 AM
Should it be a sequel to PSU way in the future, or a home version with all of PSP2's content and then some, or a revision of PSO with a megaton of new content? Maybe a mix? Or just something completely new using the best of both PSU and PSO? Or maybe it's Phantasy Star V with an online mode (possibly MMO or using the same content as offline but expanding like PSU, only more integrated). Definitely needs to be done with next-gen graphics.

Akaimizu
Aug 28, 2009, 10:26 AM
Mario Voice, "Phantasy Star Galaxy!!!!"

pinkace
Aug 28, 2009, 11:06 AM
Phantasy Star 5.... which so happens to be the 5th online game as well :) it just works.

Volcompat321
Aug 28, 2009, 11:08 AM
"Phantasy Star Awesome: What Universe should have been".

With a title like that, SEGA would have to fix what people think they did wrong with Universe.

landman
Aug 28, 2009, 11:32 AM
I think the Universe world can be expanded a lot more.

darkante
Aug 28, 2009, 11:34 AM
Phantasy Star V: We stop being lazy

MattyNator26
Aug 28, 2009, 11:43 AM
phantasy star 5 is a good name, but after thinking it over, i would have to vote more towards 'phantasy star dimension: next generation game' although, to do that, SEGA would need to fix some MAJOR errors in phantasy star universe, such as the tbag glitch(i think its pointless because so many noobs go around and tbag everyone) perfect example, over the past few days, ive participated in fashion shows to win some extra cash, but 4/5 of them i lost because a tbagger came up and ruined my chances(i told them to go away and they wouldnt so i started to get angry) i think i would have won at least 3 of them, but tbaggers kept ruining my chances.....which is why i feel before making a new game, SEGA should fix glitches like that one...

Alamar
Aug 28, 2009, 08:07 PM
Phantasy Star Lag : Search for the stable server.

hunterseifer
Aug 28, 2009, 08:17 PM
phantasy star works for the people,:-o see what I did there :D

HyperShot-X-
Aug 28, 2009, 10:24 PM
"Phantasy Star: Beyond the Darkness" ... well, they can name it whatever the phancy title they can come up with, I don't really care. Just make something better than PSU & PSO combined and eliminate graphical slow down, link all servers into 1, do something about the booting system, ..etc. No more new Phantasy Star games on portable systems including Wii.

DAMASCUS
Aug 28, 2009, 11:52 PM
'Deep Space PSO' would be pretty awesome. It could take place on the original Pioneer 1 traveling from planet to planet. With the use of the hard drive we could have a new planet every few weeks.

Trey
Aug 28, 2009, 11:54 PM
Mario Voice, "Phantasy Star Galaxy!!!!"

Don't forget "Phantasy Star Party!!!!!!"
WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

No but Seriously Phantasy Star 5 Would be so cool!!!!!
I hope they make it. :D

Middle
Aug 29, 2009, 01:23 AM
Phantasy Star Online 2 for Wii please (with no FC).
I wouldn't mind if it's getting a remake of PSO.
Maybe EpisodeI, II & IV + Episode V (<= New Content)
adding Photon Arts maybe, more weps, return of frame/Barrier system.... etc

I would really like to return to ragol...

Ethateral
Aug 29, 2009, 09:23 AM
Phantasy Star Online 2 for Wii please (with no FC).
I wouldn't mind if it's getting a remake of PSO.
Maybe EpisodeI, II & IV + Episode V (<= New Content)
adding Photon Arts maybe, more weps, return of frame/Barrier system.... etc

I would really like to return to ragol...

Why would you want it on Wii? PC/360/PS3 far excel it. ._. To me, the Wii is dead. It's Nintendo's failure in a console, imo. It sits in my house, collecting dust since no one finds enjoyment out of it.

As for a title, Just call it Phantasy Star V. Before they release it though, they better have a team that doesn't have a screw loose and knows how to listen to it's fanbase/program a game. The team for PS:P2 seems to know what they're doing. (It's Atlus as well, right?)

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 29, 2009, 01:20 PM
No, PSP2 is being developed by Sonic Team, with some help from Alfa System.

Anyway: No PSO2, please. Pretty much everything about PSO is inferior to PSU, especially concerning battle mechanics.

PSU2 would be a silly name, just make it another subtitled expansion, or make another series completely.

PSV is never going to happen.

If they did make a new online series, Phantasy Star Cosmos wouldn't be half bad name.

Zorafim
Aug 29, 2009, 03:36 PM
Pretty much everything about PSO is inferior to PSU,

~(^.>)/

Ethateral
Aug 29, 2009, 04:08 PM

That's what it was, Alfa System. I couldn't remember.

pinkace
Aug 29, 2009, 04:56 PM

I am pretty sure it is the other way around... AS does the legwork and ST supervises.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 29, 2009, 05:32 PM
That's how it was with the original PSP (Alfa System was responsible for the plot, new characters, new weapons, pretty much everything), and it may also be true here, but I'd reckon ST has a bit of a stronger role in PSP2, at least when it comes to the story and characters. AS is probably doing the legwork in terms of coding, though, since ST doesn't really have any experience on the PSP.

Pillan
Aug 29, 2009, 08:56 PM
Phantasy Star Universe: The Annoyingly Long Subtext Continues, Once Again

I expect it will feature all the features added to PSP1 and 2 with even more repainted maps and enemies for the PSO-nostalgic. It wouldn't surprise me if that gets released before the supplemental update hits stateside and we just get that instead.

I'd rather not start all over again as generally happens with significant changes in the game's name, so a PSU title is far more favorable than anything else to me. If they could essentially transfer everything about the current characters to the new system, then I'd be willing to see something more progressive.

Alamar
Aug 29, 2009, 09:55 PM
With games like Aion coming out will there be another one? Ask yourself can Sega make a game to compete with others. Will people play PS5 instead of others. Can they afford after what the world economy just had happen to make another game that won't produce profits? Enough to cover the making and maintenance of? Just a thought is all take it as you will.

unicorn
Aug 29, 2009, 11:38 PM
If they make an offline PS game, Phantasy Star V should be on Wii IMO.

As for online, Phantasy Star: Chronicles? Phantasy Star: Saga? Phantasy Star: Legends? And should be on PS3/X360/PC.

Tulio07
Aug 29, 2009, 11:53 PM
Phantasy Star Nova or Phantasy Star Supernova

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 30, 2009, 12:08 AM
Why does everyone go on and on about Aion like it's the second coming of WoW or some shit? It's still going to be the same old dull point and click bore-fest, just with prettier graphics.

If they put enough time, effort, and money into developing a new online Phantasy Star game, they could make a shit-ton of money. Would it make as much as WoW or the other big-name MMOs or have as many subscribers? No, probably not, but it is folly to set beating WoW as the definition of success for an MMO. Point is, there's a huge audience out there that hates MMOs like WoW, but loves ones like PSU that are more action oriented. The problem is that, currently, PSU is really the only game that falls into that classification, but it has been so hilariously mismanaged that is isn't worth bothering with. Point is, if ST made a sizable initial investment and actually cared about the quality of their product, they could make a huge profit in the long run.

Also, it should be PC only.

unicorn
Aug 30, 2009, 12:19 AM

I play PSU on my PC but for some reason, I dont think an online PS game ONLY for PC is the way to go. One of the main reasons why I found PSO incredibly enjoyable is because it was a console MMO. Also, Phantasy Star Online was the first online console RPG, so thats saying something. By sticking with PC only, ST would have to compete harder with titles like WoW, Guild Wars, etc.

Plus, we'd have much more players if they can combine console servers with PC servers. =)

Omega_Weltall
Aug 30, 2009, 12:33 AM
PLEASE! IF THERE'S A GOD IN HEAVEN, LET THERE BE A PHANTASY STAR 5! ya ya i know PS4 ended it, but really destroying absolute evil for ever? not likely. if anything it would have severely weakened it, making a sequel possible. Sorry but PSO or PSU have NEVER been a Phantasy Star game to me, EVER. Just another action RPG (a good one though) with a light (very light) coat of Phantasy Star paint slapped on.;

Erkthemerc
Aug 30, 2009, 12:43 AM

And what have no one play... Psu is fun on the xbox too. Looking at how much money sega is bringing in as of now, they are getting more from people on the xbox than those on the pc, so why would they not put it out on xbox/PS3 too?

Anyway, I hope that they put out a new game with all the stuff from the psp2 as well as some new content, something that would be really nice is voices for all the dialogue in story mode, I loved that about psp1. All this new stuff i n psp2 is making me very hopeful as to the future of Phantasy Star

Oh I would be perfectly fine with restarting with a new charecter and no items if a new game came out. This would make the game new and exciting rather that playing it for a few weeks and then having all the new items and such and yet again getting to the place im at now...being board

Kazuma_PSU
Aug 30, 2009, 12:49 AM
Phantasy Star Ultimta

They seem to be on the right direction with PSP2, although lose the bot no more making items. Give us the old MAG's and change the grinders back to PSO style. Bring back telepipes too. Keep the fast paced PSU fighting though.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 30, 2009, 12:50 AM
PC server was killed a month after release by the hacking, and the same thing would have happened to the 360 server if it weren't for Xbox Live. Build it correctly for PC, and none of that would even be an issue.

Powder Keg
Aug 30, 2009, 01:10 AM
I don't care what it's called, just do the following:

- Have everything available from the start.
- Make it all on one server to prevent population issues in the best way possible. (PS3, 360, PC) If this isn't possible with PS3/Xbox, then lolbyePS3.

Xefi
Aug 30, 2009, 02:03 AM
Phantasy Star V has a good ring to it. And if it
has multiplayer offline, then i'm going to buy it
100% for sure when it comes out.

A little off-topic but PSU can really use some more dark environments
or even one area that RAINS. i love raining condition for some
odd reason. And more scary monsters! Like Ill Gill or Gibbles from
PSO would have been nice. Those are just some ideas for the new
upcoming Phantasy Star if they're going to make one.

landman
Aug 30, 2009, 05:09 AM
Yes, Aion has nothing to do with PSU gameplay, but if you say... Continent of the Ninth? yes, Sonic Team is screwed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3pn0Z1rJUE

Alamar
Aug 30, 2009, 11:35 PM
Why does everyone go on and on about Aion like it's the second coming of WoW or some shit? It's still going to be the same old dull point and click bore-fest, just with prettier graphics.

If they put enough time, effort, and money into developing a new online Phantasy Star game, they could make a shit-ton of money. Would it make as much as WoW or the other big-name MMOs or have as many subscribers? No, probably not, but it is folly to set beating WoW as the definition of success for an MMO. Point is, there's a huge audience out there that hates MMOs like WoW, but loves ones like PSU that are more action oriented. The problem is that, currently, PSU is really the only game that falls into that classification, but it has been so hilariously mismanaged that is isn't worth bothering with. Point is, if ST made a sizable initial investment and actually cared about the quality of their product, they could make a huge profit in the long run.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168634
Read this thread. The "And do what comment" This is their biggest problem. Which is also why they need worry about Aion or any other game for that matter. Competition, WOW killer or not it is still competition. I wonder if your train of thought is Sega's too? Bah it just another boring game don't worry about it. Seen one seen em all. Meanwhile back at the ranch....... getting a full star is hard. 360 saying what 2 stars now? They were at 2 or 3 at 5 if i (not a 360 player)recall right. Bottom line is getting people is one thing keeping their attention is another.

TekkamanCrazy
Aug 31, 2009, 12:07 AM
Phantasy Star Super Stars?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 31, 2009, 12:46 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168634
Read this thread. The "And do what comment" This is their biggest problem. Which is also why they need worry about Aion or any other game for that matter. Competition, WOW killer or not it is still competition. I wonder if your train of thought is Sega's too? Bah it just another boring game don't worry about it. Seen one seen em all. Meanwhile back at the ranch....... getting a full star is hard. 360 saying what 2 stars now? They were at 2 or 3 at 5 if i (not a 360 player)recall right. Bottom line is getting people is one thing keeping their attention is another.
No, I get what you're saying, and I completely agree with the "and do what?" comment. However, that really has nothing to do with the fact that PSU is a different type of game than "traditional" MMOs, and everything to do with the fact that PSU was poorly designed and includes practically no end-game content worth playing. There are many things they could have done (where is challenge mode?) to extend the value of the game for players who are capped and have satisfactory equipment, but they did none of them. GAS will help this a small amount, but not much, since all it does is make you even more overpowered when you're killing the enemies 20 levels lower than you.

autumn
Aug 31, 2009, 10:29 AM
Yes, Aion has nothing to do with PSU gameplay, but if you say... Continent of the Ninth? yes, Sonic Team is screwed.

This appears interesting. Anywhere I can get more info on it that isn't in moonspeak?

landman
Aug 31, 2009, 12:14 PM
If you don't like corean this can help :P link (http://www.elitepvpers.de/forum/c9-continent-ninth/223036-continent-ninth-bestes-spiel-allerzeiten-suche-guide-kann-wer-helfen.html)

ThEoRy
Aug 31, 2009, 02:50 PM
Phantasy Star Millennium

Alamar
Aug 31, 2009, 03:16 PM
Ok I see where you are coming from now. I agree with you. It seems we are basically saying the same thing just in different ways. Misunderstanding, sorry if I came across rude. I agree with what you said. Guess I took it wrong.

Kimsey
Aug 31, 2009, 03:24 PM
I like the sound of millenium since it's a recurring theme in the series. Some other typical mmo name would be Phantasy Star Frontier.

Phantasy Star V should be reserved for a possible sequel of the original series because it could become confusing if they decided to make a sequel after they had already used the name for something unrelated.

Gen2000
Aug 31, 2009, 03:37 PM

Seems cool battle wise but no sci-fi setting so still no true replacement for PS online series.