PDA

View Full Version : AotI New Mission Feedback Thread

Ryna
Aug 28, 2009, 10:44 AM
If you've played through the new missions and would like to offer some commentary on them, post in this thread. I'll start off.

Security Breach:
Having to worry about something else besides "killing all the enemies" is a nice change of pace. The mission makes decent use of traps and Goggles. One thing I noticed is that the trap and switch placements seem to differ between ranks. I'll have to do more runs to see if that holds true within the same rank. I fear the insta-kill traps near the end will prove to be the undoing of many random parties.

Citadel of Sand:
It is Relics with a new paint scheme and Moatoob enemies. The blocks appear to be fairly straight-forward. The only annoying part is if you have to deal with a Vanda Orga wave that likes to spam Foie.

The_Brimada
Aug 28, 2009, 11:10 AM
Lol @ option 5
I've only played citadel so far, its was pretty entertaining. End boxes were bleh though. Looking forward to the party mission when I get home though!

Volcompat321
Aug 28, 2009, 11:12 AM
I haven't played yet, but like I've been saying, I plan on coming back to PSU soon as I get my debit card jazz straitened out.

Neith
Aug 28, 2009, 11:29 AM
Citadel is decent, with some challenging spawns if you solo (I hate you so much, buffed Vanda Orga). The area looks pretty cool, and the Damfoie traps never cease to amuse me (They have faces :wacko: ). However, there isn't much variety (almost the entire mission was Nava Luddas and Vandas), and the last block was pathetically easy. Overall, it's slightly better than I thought it would be, but it won't stay popular for long.

I haven't ran Security Breach yet, so I'll edit this later when I have.

@Ryna: Insta-kill traps? :lol:

NDW
Aug 28, 2009, 12:43 PM
I like the environment of Citadel of Sand, but the mission doesn't appeal to me. However, I really like Security Breach. I just hope it doesn't drive the prices on Illuminus Tags down too much. :disapprove:

Ryna
Aug 28, 2009, 12:47 PM
@Ryna: Insta-kill traps? :lol:

Remember the trap from Her Secret Mission that dealt a large amount of damage? Those traps make a return in Security Breach. I don't know if they are an insta-kill for everyone, but they are for a level 160 MF.

Hrith
Aug 28, 2009, 01:31 PM
Anything is insta-kill for a Masterforce.

SabZero
Aug 28, 2009, 04:34 PM
I like both.

Citadel: water melon relics, hehe. Zamvapas is a challenging enemy. Orgas are HAX. Nice room deocs!

Breach: a little tedious. hard to know how you triggered the alarm exactly. one goggle-found switch was missing the last run in the train. We never got S rank, what are the conditions?

Noblewine
Aug 28, 2009, 05:20 PM
I enjoyed playing through both missions. The new co-op mission is tough and fun.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 28, 2009, 05:29 PM
I picked the Tetsaru option.

Ryna
Aug 28, 2009, 05:37 PM
Anything is insta-kill for a Masterforce.

Just as a followup, the traps are sufficient to kill a level 160 Cast Fighmaster (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=28979) on C Rank.

Gunslinger-08
Aug 28, 2009, 06:25 PM
Citadel of Sand was fun enough.

Tried Security Breach and had fun simply because it wasn't just a fight-your-way-to-the-end mission. Had some frustrating moments, but I enjoyed it overall.

Dragwind
Aug 28, 2009, 06:32 PM
Most of the items I already have, so there's isn't much reason for me to want to run the missions.

As for gameplay, I think I like Citadel better because there's more action. Security Breach feels more slow paced, but requires some attention to detail until you learn everything.

Alamar
Aug 28, 2009, 08:20 PM
Any one have a video or any help for Security Breach?

Neith
Aug 28, 2009, 08:36 PM
Ok, I finally played Security Breach. It took a few runs to get down what exactly I was meant to be doing, and we did fail once at the death trap. Completed it now, and I have very mixed opinions on it.
+ The idea of the mission is cool, and definitely different from the usual
+ Some of the traps take a bit of figuring out.

However, some things needed thinking over more:
- Curtz often says 'Traps are disarmed, you can touch them now'. Whoever translated this didn't think that players would assume "trap = infra-red laser". Even when traps are disarmed, lasers trip the alarm. Very badly explained in mission.
- There are FAR too many failure conditions. It would have been better to just have 'trigger the alarm less than 4 times, and defeat everything in 30 mins'. I can live with not being allowed to die, but not being allowed to change party member is stupid (same with all party missions).
- The bombs which trigger the alarm look identical to the traps in Seabed Plant. On my first run though, I really didn't know if the traps in Seabed counted as bombs or not.

If ST had thought things through a little, it could have been a very fun mission. Because of a few problems, it was irritating to figure out what I was doing wrong. Now that I know what to do, it should be better.

Also, Fan is the best room deco ever.

We never got S rank, what are the conditions?

No party incapacitations (fail if anyone dies), kill all enemies in less than 30 minutes (fail if you take longer) and don't trigger the alarm at all for S-Rank. We triggered it once, and got A-Rank.

Squirrel3D
Aug 28, 2009, 08:51 PM
Well then I'll aviod securty breach, because the last thing I need is a bunch of douches getting on my case for accidently walking into a one-kill trap.

Looks like Citadel of Sand will be the mission I play mostly.

Alamar
Aug 28, 2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the tips. Good to know.

str898mustang
Aug 28, 2009, 10:02 PM
eh played Citadel a couple times, got boring after that. Same repeat drops besides the already made Deraga-zashi and Daga-cresa+(yay?). Not a big fan of the co-op missions.

roardova lengths
Aug 28, 2009, 11:00 PM
I haven't played yet, but like I've been saying, I plan on coming back to PSU soon as I get my debit card jazz straitened out.

And bring Calsetes with you, this new Citadel mission is delicious... Love slaying those lame pterodactyls...

DAMASCUS
Aug 28, 2009, 11:36 PM
I finally got a couple of S grades on Breach with a group but we never found the 'Special Boxes'.

Are they the boxes that explode? ..or are they hidden?

Gen2000
Aug 29, 2009, 12:03 AM
Security Breach: Actually surprised at how fun it was....however drops are garbage, it doesn't even drop Nanopolymers at a good rate for it's level of mobs compared to Egg Thieves/Innocent Girl. It would be nice if there was a constant stream of these type of missions with more inciting end rewards besides Grinder Base S and higher level mobs.

Edit: On one of our runs we forgot the right box to pick in the end so I chikki'd all of the boxes and quickly went in warp before the bomb went off. There was a explosion so I thought everything was safe but when I went back to get the key they put another bomb there. Luckly that second bomb wasn't as strong as the first one and I survived. I just thought it was funny they already took in the fact someone would try to pull a trick like that and still punish them though.

CoS: Even though somewhat low level mobs I though the combo of Vanda Orges and other big mobs would make for an exciting run. A group of lv.160s still bulldozer through this mission like nothing even with a random mishmash of players. I was leader of an S2 group for a while but had to take off after only 3 runs because they was boring me to tears.

It seems like it could be fun to solo though. Vanda Orges aren't hard to deal with once you learn how they move. The only annoying part to are the relic birds at the end if you're not a GM, they suck.

Srank is better for the Mugrunuk boards anyways.

Tetsaru
Aug 29, 2009, 01:28 AM
I picked the Tetsaru option.

I picked the Tetsaru option too. :3

Sorry, but there's not enough mission variety. It's either zerg-ing monsters or watch out for the traps that cheaply kill you most of the time...

Neith
Aug 29, 2009, 07:56 AM
I picked the Tetsaru option too. :3

Sorry, but there's not enough mission variety. It's either zerg-ing monsters or watch out for the traps that cheaply kill you most of the time...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you quit PSU? If so, how can you comment on a mission you haven't even done? There is ONE area of death traps in Security Breach. The rest of the mission is taking out patrols, avoiding infra-red beams (visible and invisible ones you need to use Goggles to see), and taking care not to trigger the alarm.

Besides, even PSO had a mission with instant-death traps (Today's Rate), so it's nothing new.

As for anyone having trouble with the instant-kill trap: watch the camera footage that Curtz shows you very carefully.

garjian
Aug 29, 2009, 03:19 PM
Im loving security breach...
every mission should be like the party missions... killing ridiculously underpowered monsters gets boring...

Arika
Aug 30, 2009, 12:12 AM
-the co-op parum mission is one of the hardest mission we ever have in case if you want to get S rank, and not try to play in coward way.( you know what I meant, for people that play a lot)
-However, the reward suck :(