PDA

View Full Version : Namesake, for the record....

PSU Phere
Aug 28, 2009, 05:23 PM
I am a normal PSU player, such as yourself. But recently i have seen a male CAST, named 'PSU Phere' if you are the person i am talking about, it would be greatly appreciated if you re-made your character. I will help u get back up 2 your current lvl if that is a problem. Thanks. If anyone has been scammed or booted because of this OTHER PSU Phere, do NOT accuse me please.

DAMASCUS
Aug 28, 2009, 05:25 PM
I met a player with my same name once. Since we both clearly had style going for us..we laughed it off and went our seperate ways; after exchanging guild cards of course ;)

PSU Phere
Aug 28, 2009, 05:53 PM
just using this as an example, the name "Dante"... if u name your character that, you should EXPECT ppl to name their char the same thing eventually. thats why i make my names unique and have it so NOBODY will pick them as well....

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 28, 2009, 06:32 PM
I have never met a character with the same name as mine, which is utterly astounding, as my character names are about as bland and generic as you can get.

Volcompat321
Aug 28, 2009, 06:50 PM
I've never met anyone with the same character names as me.
I would find that weird actually.
If you have a problem with someone scamming and has the same name as you, report them to help.sega.com, and make sure to get their gamertag/game ID.
Tell them it's not you, and you'll be fine.

pinkace
Aug 29, 2009, 12:07 AM
Someone of the Gamespot boards has stolen my name!

So i had to be 'pinkace1'

seriously, who wants to be called pinkace?

Volcompat321
Aug 29, 2009, 12:08 AM
You ?

Somnia
Aug 29, 2009, 02:34 AM
It might be because I solo a lot, but I've never seen another plain "Nova" sitting around lobbies. Though I have seen plenty of shops of players who share my name.

But meeting yourself when you're named "PSU Phere?" Lol someone's got your number buddy, what did you do to them?

GeekRuler
Aug 29, 2009, 04:28 AM
Strangely I never see any generic Assassins walking around they're always something stupid like Dark Assassin or something. I met one Assassin before, but I don't think he plays anymore. (360 servers btw)

Raysa
Aug 29, 2009, 09:42 AM
Well there's another Cast named Beat, but he's a cool guy :D

DEM_CIG
Aug 29, 2009, 10:37 AM
Only Male cast named Cig, only Seraph I've seen in awhile (there used to be 3-4), 1 of 2 Kotomi's (mines a cast the other one is a newman).

DreXxiN
Aug 29, 2009, 10:51 AM
No one has any of my character names from PSO/PSU.

Neith
Aug 29, 2009, 11:23 AM
At least you didn't get people copying your character on Deviant Art, and passing it off as their own creation. >_> I went there one day, and saw a picture called 'Teika'. Now, I know there was the famous Fujiwara Teika, but when I looked at this picture, it was an elf woman with entirely purple garments :disapprove: Kind of weird, to be honest :wacko:

Obviously most of my characters aren't imaginative at all, but that Deviant Art incident creeped me out.

Rust
Aug 29, 2009, 11:36 AM
Oddly enough, I haven't met any other Claudia or Kendal on the game. Happened a couple times to see other Kaori's though, but that was during v.1, when there was still people around in random lobbies.

As for my CASTs, on PSO and PSU, I didn't go for creative names, but I guess Rust and PEDO_BOT doesn't sound cool enough for the Gundam fanboys.

Mikura
Aug 29, 2009, 12:16 PM
At least you didn't get people copying your character on Deviant Art, and passing it off as their own creation. >_> I went there one day, and saw a picture called 'Teika'. Now, I know there was the famous Fujiwara Teika, but when I looked at this picture, it was an elf woman with entirely purple garments :disapprove: Kind of weird, to be honest :wacko:

Obviously most of my characters aren't imaginative at all, but that Deviant Art incident creeped me out.

I had a copy of your "Neith" awhile back. I thought that name may not be taken since ZoE is kind of an old game now, but then you came along and I had to delete her. ._. (I got mistaken for you so many times, I eventually gave up and remade another character altogether) Since then, no one has any of my names, except for Lilith. But I knew from the beginning that would be a common name, so that doesn't bother me so much.

Volcompat321
Aug 29, 2009, 12:42 PM
This isn't my character, but....
There was a Seipher (spelling might be off) way back when PSU started, and I used to do runs with him all the time.
Then, he stopped playing after a long time.
Then, he came back, or so I thought.
Apparently there was another guy with the same name, and I was like HEY!!!!.....he was like ...uh, hi? lol
The had different ID's, obviously. :(

hunterseifer
Aug 29, 2009, 02:02 PM
This isn't my character, but....
There was a Seipher (spelling might be off) way back when PSU started, and I used to do runs with him all the time.
Then, he stopped playing after a long time.
Then, he came back, or so I thought.
Apparently there was another guy with the same name, and I was like HEY!!!!.....he was like ...uh, hi? lol
The had different ID's, obviously. :(

Your not talking about me are you :-? my name is just spelled alittle different, I thought about changing my name though just b/c of the FF8 reference, but I happen to hang out with a char named squall doesnt help either >_>; just my pso char was named this too and theres not very many other seifers running around thankfully. Ran into some old pso friends b/c I kept the name, not very many ppl have it.

Lance813
Aug 29, 2009, 02:15 PM
I stole my name from the A.U.W. 3084 Flowen's Sword in PSO. I have never seen another Furou 'uen running around. If I did, I would laugh my ass off.

As for Lance, I haven't seen one yet. I will eventually though.

Squirrel3D
Aug 29, 2009, 02:27 PM
As far as I know, there are no other people anywhere in the game with the last name 'Thomas'. So I'm glad that Meilin, Chopper, Streak, or Cynica doesn't have a long lost relative.

garjian
Aug 29, 2009, 03:15 PM
There once was a human protranser named Exile, but he died...
There once was a newman masterforce named Saria, and there still is...

that is all :>

Zorafim
Aug 29, 2009, 03:34 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/PSU%20junk/psu20080305_213523_000.jpg

BIZAAARRO!!!

Genoa
Aug 31, 2009, 04:16 AM
If I were to ever see another Special K... D:
( other than my 4 of course ;D ) :roll:

burninglink5
Aug 31, 2009, 08:27 AM
My character's name has been censored ingame, so there never can exist another Master Chief. (on the 360 version, at least)

The_Brimada
Aug 31, 2009, 08:56 AM
Your not talking about me are you :-? my name is just spelled alittle different, I thought about changing my name though just b/c of the FF8 reference, but I happen to hang out with a char named squall doesnt help either >_>; just my pso char was named this too and theres not very many other seifers running around thankfully. Ran into some old pso friends b/c I kept the name, not very many ppl have it.

That's how I found you, but my name is probably the reason you found me as well. Lol

I've seen other variations of Brim on PSU like brimstone which is expected. None with my names though.

Billy Mitchell
Aug 31, 2009, 09:37 AM
Oh, sweet Jesus, thank you for clearing this up!

Gahnik
Aug 2, 2010, 12:01 AM
I've seen two people with names one letter different then mine, first was Vaan, who is also a male cast, but is short, and the other was VAAN and was a human I think.

Haven't seen any that are close to FOcaseal though, which I'm glad about haha

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2010, 12:07 AM
Huh, Phere used some ancient shamanic voodoo to rise this thread from the grave. Well, while I'm here:

3/4 of my character's names are very original. I've never seen another Andromeda (at least not spelled the way her name is in-game. You'd have to see it), DarkDrive, or Nassandra (though some people have "copied" her name, in a sense. I was a little flattered, but mostly pissed).

However, I have seen a few other characters named Chrissie, but that was expected.

pikachief
Aug 2, 2010, 12:24 AM
I've seen maybe 4 other VOLTRON's but for all 4 of them I've only seen each of them once then never again. I guess my character "rids them of the servers" while I'm not playing as him lol XD One was a nice female human lol XD wish she stayed it would've been interesting to play together lol.

Kitty. Gee I wish I was a bit more creative, but its also cuz i didnt mean to keep it I was gonna delete it the next day but that never happened lol.

Serenity. Yup seen some and they're all female humans like me.

Valcona. I made that up completely on my own. switched the o's and a's from Volcano. yet surprisingly I've seen another Valcona on the game before O.O lol

TheAstarion
Aug 2, 2010, 12:13 PM
Merin-Jai & Rian Sindral, both completely original, never been copied.
Rune Elsydeon, separate names lifted completely from PSIV, not copied.
Iggy Rimit, last name lifted from the PSIV useless spells list, copied many times by friends :D

If you get scammed by Iggy Rimit, talk to me about it, if it's not over lv170 it's one of my buddies, I'll beat him up and get your stuff back!

Anduril
Aug 2, 2010, 01:33 PM
335 day necro-bump. Why?
But anyway, I'll add to this.
Noland: Never seen another one.
Kayla: I've seen 3, but each was a different race and look.
Nalleli: Never another.
Kailah: This exact spelling, never, but it is a variant of Kayla so maybe those other 3 should count here.

Galax
Aug 2, 2010, 04:43 PM
I go by Galax, and I met Galexer.
It was funny.

Mike
Aug 2, 2010, 06:47 PM
Necro bump, eh? Wise fwom your gwave!

I've never seen anyone use the same names as I have for my characters. Not in PSU or PSO.

Ketchup345
Aug 2, 2010, 07:16 PM
Locked due to bump.