PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Where is everyone?

overstockr1
Aug 29, 2009, 05:43 PM
Everyone PC/PS2 need players here. LOL
Put down your PSP and log on D@MIT!

Chuck_Norris
Aug 29, 2009, 05:47 PM
And do what?

Volcompat321
Aug 29, 2009, 06:18 PM
I tried to resub today, and my transaction was declined.
It's 065'd now, so I have to wait for SEGA to get off their ass and pass the payment.
But, it's SEGA, so I'll be on in a few weeks...

hunterseifer
Aug 29, 2009, 06:26 PM
I was thinking of resubing this weekend, but idk if I should since that 065 bs ppl are...STILL GETTING!!!!

ashley50
Aug 29, 2009, 06:50 PM

sure, pay for my account and I'll be glad to accompany you...Deal?

Volcompat321
Aug 29, 2009, 06:54 PM
I was thinking of resubing this weekend, but idk if I should since that 065 bs ppl are...STILL GETTING!!!!

Yea, I used a different card this time, and I got it.
It's happened before, using a different card apparently warrants not letting people on.
I wanted to play for a while, but had no debit card :(

ChibiBecca
Aug 29, 2009, 07:25 PM
The TV where i am currently is broken, and the internet connection is allergic to the PS2.. so no gaming for me for another week until i'm home. ;--;

Ryna
Aug 29, 2009, 07:28 PM
Things were pretty grim on the PC/PS2 servers last night. I only saw a single full star on Universe 2 for a few minutes yesterday. Every other time I checked, all of the servers were at half stars. There appeared to only be a handful of teams playing the new missions.

Volcompat321
Aug 29, 2009, 07:31 PM
Damn, sadly I think the game is close to the end with how little people there are.
I think less than a year for the Pc/ps2 side :(

relentless
Aug 29, 2009, 07:52 PM
sure, pay for my account and I'll be glad to accompany you...Deal?

Dito! :lol:

I think less than a year for the Pc/ps2 side :(
OMG? According to Ryna's observations I damn well agree with you on that, IF there won't be some kind of last hope action from ST to keep at least the handful alive.

Stay tuned for the game of darkness. :wacko:

Neith
Aug 29, 2009, 07:54 PM
The current update missions won't keep people interested for very long, unfortunately. Even though Security Breach is different from the norm, a lot of people play for hunting rares, of which there aren't many in that mission. Citadel of Sand isn't much better for rares, and the MP is easier to get in other places. It really doesn't surprise me that they're not popular (even if Security Breach does get more fun once you know what you're doing).

It's kind of a shame that all these junk drops (I'm looking at you [almost anything that drops already made] here) are just to fill spaces in the dropchart to reserve the 'good stuff' for Lv175+ monsters (good stuff being nothing more interesting than boards for the weapons/armour that the monster dropped at 150 >_>)

DAMASCUS
Aug 29, 2009, 08:05 PM
Hm...maybe a possible irony coming up. As soon as more people go back to White Beast the population may actually improve!! lol, not really but that would be one for the record.

Ryna
Aug 29, 2009, 08:35 PM
It's kind of a shame that all these junk drops (I'm looking at you [almost anything that drops already made] here) are just to fill spaces in the dropchart to reserve the 'good stuff' for Lv175+ monsters (good stuff being nothing more interesting than boards for the weapons/armour that the monster dropped at 150 >_>)

One thing to keep in mind is that without the Supplemental Update, we've exhausted most of our content. Several of the weapon categories have had all of their items released. There aren't that many items left to release for Ambition of the Illuminus.

Delete
Aug 29, 2009, 09:00 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that without the Supplemental Update, we've exhausted most of our content. Several of the weapon categories have had all of their items released. There aren't that many items left to release for Ambition of the Illuminus.

Which is why a lot of us are tired of PSU probably.

Also, I play on 360 and usually in special events (even GBR's) there is at least 2 full universes at times. I went on like 4 days a go and there were only 2 stars on uni 1. o.0

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Aug 29, 2009, 09:07 PM
Well no matter what happens, Im sticking with PSU til the end.

Alamar
Aug 29, 2009, 09:46 PM
Citadel of Sand is an ok run to do. After getting really frustrated with the co op run security breach. I gave up on it completely. I am one that really does not like getting frustrated at a game I play for enjoyment. Considering there is not much left honestly to hold my attention anymore. Frustration is the last thing I need. I just came back after a long long break and ask myself why. Out of 4 pages of cards I have 3/4 of a page left of people that still play. I now play with the same 4 people. Lucky enough I guess to have that but still, empty lobbies are really not fun to see........................

NDW
Aug 29, 2009, 10:54 PM
Well no matter what happens, Im sticking with PSU til the end.

Same here. No point in quitting when I put 6000+ hours into the game.

Delete
Aug 29, 2009, 11:31 PM
Same here. No point in quitting when I put 6000+ hours into the game.

Good God, and I thought my 2000+ hours were a lot.

Off topic for a sec:
Even so, I put a lot into this game as well, as of right now, I have 4 stacks and a great GM palette worth about 600 mil. And yet I am having serious thoughts about quitting. Sure it's been fun.....I'm not gonna trash the game and say it sucks or anything.....but when you see them releasing another Phantasy Star Portable game with more features then a game we have been playing for 3 years, well..........it certainly doesn't make me wanna keep playing PSU.
Also, all we have to look foward to (that's huge if you will) is a supplemental update in which some(if not most) of the stuff is straight from the PSP game. :/

Neith
Aug 30, 2009, 07:39 AM

Yeah, it's sad really. My main problem is that I played PSO with the mindset of 'I want to hunt this' (you know about the SJS hunt, surely). When I started PSU, I had the same mindset. At the start of the game the lack of rares didn't bother me, because I knew the game wasn't at a high-level stage.

However, now we have most of the items from AoI, its clear that there aren't many items it takes time to hunt- aside from one or two items (like Red / Knight and Milla, though even Milla became easier to get in Summer Event), everything is very easy to get.

To be honest, the only reason I still log on PSU is to play with friends, because the game has nothing else left for me. I'm thinking I'll drop it once PSP2 arrives, at the moment.

Volcompat321
Aug 30, 2009, 01:33 PM
I'm still 065'd.
I tried to re-sub, and this is what I get....it charged me twice, so I spent double what I wanted to.
On top of that SEGA obviously doesn't work on weekends, cause last time this happened, I had to wait from Friday afternoon to Monday night to get it fixed.
So, that's where I am.

Aeris
Aug 30, 2009, 01:42 PM
I am still playing because i have some friends left playing the game and just leveling up techs atm, pretty much nothing else to do on there, so if i get bored, i just move to my other online game i've have been playing for more than 2 years.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 30, 2009, 02:26 PM
I'm gonna get back into the game...soon. It's just that I've been playin alot of S4 League(not alot of people know about this game. Its a PvP that is pretty cool. Heard in September that they are going to put in a PvE system so that people who are tired of the consistent butthurt antics of n00bs can go and release some tension.) and giving Final Fantasy 11 a second try (Monks destroy alot of stuff with the 100 Fists tech.). So yea, I will get back in the game...eventually.

Tetsaru
Aug 30, 2009, 02:26 PM
And do what?

My thoughts exactly.

Even though there are new missions out that I haven't played yet since I quit, I'm sure I would tire of them quickly because 9 times out of 10, they're all the same thing: run through as fast as you can, zerg everything, and hope you get the items you were looking for. If not, DO IT OVER AND OVER UNTIL YOU DO! 8D And once you DO get those items... then what? Max out levels on PA's you'll never use because a select few are so much better? Hunt for materials for that board you just got only to see it get a low %, or worse, turn into an Okiku Doll, and then check the retarded market only to see it would've been a lot cheaper just to buy a decent % one in the first place?? Nope, we gotta wait for Sega to un-DERP-ify themselves and decide when to give us our next update... which will most likely be more of the same, and have a 50-50 chance of being bugged.

I REALLY hope PSP2 fixes a lot of things, because this continues to be an ongoing problem. And as Ryna said, the population continues to dwindle because there just isn't anything exciting to do anymore. Crank out all the new missions and items you want, but unless some GAMEPLAY issues are addressed, the game is just going to be more and more of the same, with everything getting easier as the level cap increases and stronger items are released.

I hate to say it, but PSU is DEAD unless a miracle happens.

Mikura
Aug 30, 2009, 03:15 PM
I just hope PSU lasts one more year. By then, FFXIV will be released, and I won't give a damn about this game anymore. xD

Gen2000
Aug 30, 2009, 05:15 PM
And do what?

This.

Gunslinger-08
Aug 30, 2009, 05:22 PM
I'm planning to stay on for the small handful of my friends who still play.

gratefulgriz
Aug 30, 2009, 11:03 PM
I am taking a break because my life is busy with moving to Houston and new job. I miss Phantasy Star Universe very much and I am often reading the forums staying in the loop. I hope there is another PS game in the future that will bring all PS community back together again. I will be back online in about a month or two, but until then have a great PSU!

DAMASCUS
Aug 30, 2009, 11:27 PM
It's almost impossible to play Security Breach with the population so low; not to mention that 'it's too howd waaah'

Citadel of Sand is just a nice break from White Beast...anytime now..*whoosh*

I'm taking a break to catch up on some movies and hope that there is an announcement of the colony GBR, alpha+/beta+ or even *gulp* MAG+

Alamar
Aug 30, 2009, 11:40 PM
It's almost impossible to play Security Breach with the population so low; not to mention that 'it's too howd waaah'

Citadel of Sand is just a nice break from White Beast...anytime now..*whoosh*

I'm taking a break to catch up on some movies and hope that there is an announcement of the colony GBR, alpha+/beta+ or even *gulp* MAG+

Only need 2 for Security Breach. You can't find one other person?

Gen2000
Aug 31, 2009, 01:13 AM
On the PC/PS2 servers, no. Every time I check the lobby no one is there or there is one person who is AFK'ing for 5+ hours or so. If no one is on your friend card list your SOL trying to find someone to run it.

DAMASCUS
Aug 31, 2009, 05:46 AM
Only need 2 for Security Breach. You can't find one other person?

I do have a friend who would love to do that but he hasn't been online for a few weeks. I would grab a random but I'm trying to avoid headaches ;)

autumn
Aug 31, 2009, 09:56 AM

PS:P = PSU that I don't have to pay $10 a month for server access. In fact I didn't pay anything at all for it (gotta love gettin gifts). So for now I play it when I've the urge to PSU, it sates the need, and I don't come back to getting stuck in the endless slump that is PC/PS2 PSU. Why should I put down the PSP, go find a copy of PSU for my new PC that doesn't have it, and then pay ten bucks for less enjoyment then I'm getting out of a free game?

roardova lengths
Aug 31, 2009, 10:33 AM
There's a few ppl on, literally Comet Fire, Julez & I are onthe fourth floor, but it's early Monday morning lol... Eastern time USA...

The_Brimada
Aug 31, 2009, 11:58 AM
On the PC/PS2 servers, no. Every time I check the lobby no one is there or there is one person who is AFK'ing for 5+ hours or so. If no one is on your friend card list your SOL trying to find someone to run it.

Guilty as charged(should be doing it now unless I dced) >.>

Volcompat321
Aug 31, 2009, 02:32 PM
I'm still 065'd.
Been a few days now.