PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order Bonus Questions, Special Guest Weapons, Nintendo Inspired Weapons, Artbook?

Quintus_The_Force
Aug 29, 2009, 09:25 PM
I was told you get Special Guest Weapons (what is that exactly?) as a Bonus for Pre-Ordering... I called Gamestop and they said there is NOTHING given for Pre-Orders.. PFFFT SAY WHAT? So im asking you :) What were you told?

How do you get those Nintendo related weapons? (Green Warp Pipe Shooter?) What other Nintendo stuff is there?

Whats the Artbook? Whas inside? How big is it? Does it kick ass?

Sorry for the questions and Thank You in advance for your help :)

Kenbog
Aug 29, 2009, 09:31 PM
The nintendo related items where giving to you by codes being printed in Nintendo magazines, well so it was in japan

And expect weapons from zelda and metroid aswel :d

landman
Aug 30, 2009, 04:50 AM
The codes for the preorder where also available to any player that didn't preorder it, you just had to use it in the correct place in the game, and the weapon was yours. There are some Nintendo weapons like the Hilian shield or the Samus beam, but most weapons where magazines (most wands, some shields or slicers) and I wonder what will happen to those magazines in the western version of the game...

There are also two Valkyria Chronicles weapons, the lance and shield of the Valkyrur :)

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 30, 2009, 01:54 PM
I sure hope we get em as pre-order or at least the art book. If not I'm not gonna bother pre-ordering (PROTIP: This is utter BS. I'm still pre-ordering but I'm gonna do it while bitching like a girl)

xSHiNOx
Aug 30, 2009, 02:04 PM
hmm, western version of the game could remove the magazines or replace it with nintendo power covers or just leave it. we will see soon

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 30, 2009, 02:08 PM
I hope they freakin leave it! Don't butcher it because of us filthy westerners! We need a little culture.

landman
Aug 30, 2009, 02:33 PM
Yes they better leave the magazines in the game, I want to be able to trade between versions lol

xSHiNOx
Aug 30, 2009, 04:22 PM
trade between versions?

the magazines might have something to do with licensing issues. if it does, sega probably wouldnt want to pay to use the magazine covers for the american version. i dont know if that is true or not. like i said, we will have to see when it comes out

Niered
Aug 30, 2009, 05:50 PM
I hope they freakin leave it! Don't butcher it because of us filthy westerners! We need a little culture.

Oh yes, an indecipherable magazine-turned-weapon would be a great source of learning about how every storyline that comes out of japan deals with angsty teens, "chosen-ones" and impossibly convoluted plots.

Arikado
Aug 30, 2009, 06:35 PM
So far the only information we have is:

Enjoy Phantasy Star phans - the game is coming out near the end of this year, and very soon you’ll be hearing more news about some special PSZ specific goodies we have in the works. If these screenshots don’t get you more excited for the US release, you’ll be seeing some things soon that definitely will.

Until then!
Source: http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/08/06/ruby-makes-cameo-appearance-in-new-ps0-screenshots/

(This has been pointed out by Burnsro 2 weeks ago.)

I don't see anything about "pre-ordering" bonuses, i'll be pre-ordering mine soon though, bonus or not. :P

SpookyLotus
Sep 7, 2009, 06:17 PM
trade between versions?

the magazines might have something to do with licensing issues. if it does, sega probably wouldnt want to pay to use the magazine covers for the american version. i dont know if that is true or not. like i said, we will have to see when it comes out

Well, in The World Ends with you, they had Japanese pop cultural items, like the Famitsu magazine as one, but they took it out also due to licensing issues. They just replaced them with American things and magazines(or something... I have ti look back at my game to check exactly what).

This is also the reason why Jump Ultimate Stars for the DS can't be released in the US. Too many spoilers, and unreleased Japanese novels.

xSHiNOx
Sep 7, 2009, 10:58 PM
it's not just too many spoilers and unreleased novels. TOO MANY companies that has licenses for each anime. they dont want to allow the rights for the game to be localized.

SpookyLotus
Sep 8, 2009, 05:38 AM
Exactly!

Galeohn
Sep 24, 2009, 09:21 PM
Well, at my local Gamestop, the workers had no clue if there is a special pre-order bonus, but i am hoping that there is.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 24, 2009, 09:37 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say its either nothing...or crap. I remember when I pre-ordered Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles all I got was a cheap "8-bit" Simon figurine. I'm talkin about the Simon's Quest version of Simon too. I said to myself "I shouldn't have even bothered.". Hell I think it's this sorta stuff that puts me off to pre-ordering stuff. The little gifts we get are junk compared to the Japanese. Just don't get me started on that sh*t alright kids?