PDA

View Full Version : Game The Wackofather Part II (Night Phase)

Pages : [1] 2

SpikeOtacon
Aug 31, 2009, 04:36 PM
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/mcmanmeat/Left4Bread/part2-1.jpg
The Wackofather Part II Game Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9r6gV9XY7o

Welcome to the landfill, city of desolate ruin. It's a garbage heap here, in almost every sense of the word. Ever since the Wacko family came into town and started their import GOD smuggling business, the worth of the @ has fallen like the dough of hand-tossed pizza. The cops have tried their hardest to pin the family with all sorts of crimes, but they're slippery bastards. I've watched this town fall under hard times, while Don Wackorleone lives the life of luxury.

I thought that son of a :disapprove: would leave us alone, but I was wrong. He came through and took over the city a generation ago. Word on the street is that now that the place has been repopulated, his son is taking a whack at whackin some civvies. He's outfitted with new goons, under a new moon. Will we be able to weed them out this time? Or are we all destined to be buried in the mound alongside our ancestors?

We are starting off in the Night-Phase. No one may post in this thread until the day phase begins. The Mafia members must make their first decision before we can continue.

Airalean
Astuarlen
CrimsomWolf
Lance813
Leviathan
Mixfortune
Nai_Calus
Nitro_Vordex
Outrider
PwNeR
Randomness
Ronin_Cooper
SStrikerR
Tact
Tessu
Volcompat321

Also as a new rule to make readability easier on me in the event another 20+page cross examination pops up: I want everyone to make sure they stick to the "Vote: Username" rule, however whenever you vote, make sure that the vote is separated from any walls of text, that way I can spot the bold even more. My eyes tend to start glazing over after so many walls of text.

Another thing I want all players to abide by is if you are retracting your vote, I'd like you to type "Retraction: Username" and keep it separated like you would a vote. I only ask that we do this so that I can stop ripping my hair out (or up (http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9448/philspectorhead.jpg)) trying to keep up with too many flip flops. Thanks guys and gals!

SpikeOtacon
Sep 1, 2009, 03:20 PM
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/5263/radioxcc.jpg

Good morning, landfillers. Or should I say, good mourning...? (http://tinyurl.com/5jpheu) Today I have the unfortunate duty to inform you that as of 1:40 AM, our landfill president SpikeOtacon is dead. He was found in his office, strangled to death by a headphone cable. No further details have been revealed by police, but there are rumors going around stating that it was accidental, caused by a fall. But if you ask this radio announcer, I'd say it sounds like there was foul play involved! We shall keep you up to date on the unfortunate tragedy.

And now, for some music... (http://www.last.fm/music/Fatso+Jetson/_/Stranglers+Blues)

It is now the Day Phase. All players may post in the thread and begin debate.

Randomness
Sep 1, 2009, 03:49 PM
Nice to not be dead. So, how do we even pick someone to lynch, anyways?

Outrider
Sep 1, 2009, 04:15 PM
Look, Randomness is at the scene of the crime! He's clearly the murderer.

Randomness
Sep 1, 2009, 04:25 PM
By that logic, you're also the murderer! Egads! Everyone who posts here must be Mafia!

Ad absurdum aside...

I'm tempted to go find a d20 and roll it right now.

EDIT:Unless someone makes some horribly obvious post... well, even then... ugh, mindgames.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 1, 2009, 04:44 PM
By going "first to post" mentality is useless - since we all live in different places, some might want to speak up first, because their time is limited.

Ekhm, game-Speak time:

The death of Spike is a great blow to us all. All us known him, especially old timers. Well, we *did* vote for him, as our leader. As much as a fiction is this, I find this rather surprising - killing "El Presidente" is sure to stir up things.

I'd reckon it might be one of either more hot-blooded members, or one of younger ones, which did not realize that we *will* avenge Spike's death. Bastards.

Volcompat321
Sep 1, 2009, 04:51 PM
Vote:CrimsonWolf. Retracted.
Reason: he said and I quote
Well, we *did* vote for him.
Therefore he took part in voting for Spike to get killed.
If that's not a good enough reason, I don't know what is.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 1, 2009, 04:51 PM
I meant voting for president.

Plus, vote:
-Volocompat/Outrider

Volcompat conveniently plays word-games, and Outrider was rather too fast to blame others.
Well both do. First to point fingers at someone always has something on his conscience

Personally, I vote Outrider - who fights with swords should be ready to be stabbed. Especially when he starts.
EDIT: retracted - too soon to judge yet really.

I'm willing to forgive Volcompat, probably due to his misinterpretations.

Volcompat321
Sep 1, 2009, 04:53 PM
Oh, okay, then I retract my vote, for now.
I misinterpreted, sorry.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 1, 2009, 04:56 PM
That's okay. I might've done the same thing, really.

No harm done.

Well, a bit.

Volcompat321
Sep 1, 2009, 04:59 PM
Well, I wasn't blaming you out of nowhere, you kinda gave me a reason.
Only because I misinterpreted, I voted for you.
I don't play word games, I play on what was said. :wacko:
You said you(we) did vote for him, in the middle of talking about his death.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 1, 2009, 05:00 PM
I forgot to add "for president", because I'm tired and I have to prepare to school.

I can't edit all of my comments straight away.
Playing on what somebody said *is* a word game, of sorts.

Just striking back at people won't help us tough.

Volcompat321
Sep 1, 2009, 05:02 PM
I still retracted my vote.
It's too early to know anything yet.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 1, 2009, 05:03 PM
I suppose, I'll retract mine too, you're right.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 1, 2009, 05:07 PM
Spike. ;~;

Hmm, you guys are awfully defensive. Something you wanna tell us? ;o

Volcompat321
Sep 1, 2009, 05:09 PM
There is nothing to tell, yet.
The time will come where we all make our stand.
I say fight the power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EJq587OLJ8

astuarlen
Sep 1, 2009, 05:25 PM
'bout time we got this show on the road. I got my PM Sunday; what took you evildoers so long?

Anyway... After spearheading Tact's unfortunate execution (sorry!) last game, I don't want to jump in too fast with any accusations--especially since most of us have yet to weigh in (not that I expect first round posts to be very enlightening).

Personally, though, I've noticed that the CIA often has a hand in whackoing foreign leaders, such as our beloved/bedeadened President. All undercover agents raise their blood-stained hands.

Weeaboolits
Sep 1, 2009, 05:43 PM
It wasn't me, it was the one-armed, one-legged, one-eyed man!

Oh, I'm not being accused? Well, then I suppose I should take the opportunity to do so myself!

I'll be straight with you, I don't trust this Volcompat figure, he's awfully quick to throw his chips in only to snatch them back out when somebody points out a flaw; if you ask me, it looks like he's grasping at straws, desperately searching for a scapegoat.

Randomness
Sep 1, 2009, 06:00 PM
Who was Spike's opponent in the last election, anyways? Maybe we have a sore loser. Nah, probably not, too long for a grudge.

SStrikerR
Sep 1, 2009, 06:01 PM
I suspect both volcompat and crimsom. I don't think there was any misunderstanding, I think it was all a ruse. I've got my eye(s) on you two.

SStrikerR
Sep 1, 2009, 06:02 PM
Who was Spike's opponent in the last election, anyways? Maybe we have a sore loser. Nah, probably not, too long for a grudge.

Nai, tact, and sord maybe?

Volcompat321
Sep 1, 2009, 06:05 PM
I'll be straight with you, I don't trust this Volcompat figure, he's awfully quick to throw his chips in only to snatch them back out when somebody points out a flaw; if you ask me, it looks like he's grasping at straws, desperately searching for a scapegoat.

Read what he posted. Unless he edited it.

I suspect both volcompat and crimsom. I don't think there was any misunderstanding, I think it was all a ruse. I've got my eye(s) on you two.

You too, read what he wrote.

Tessu
Sep 1, 2009, 06:06 PM

Ta daa! Five posts into the thread and Volcompat's first personal post, and he already voted... before asking any for any clarification whatsoever. And then he immediately retracted. It seems a bit too jumpy and eager to me.

Volcompat321
Sep 1, 2009, 06:08 PM
Scapegoat, no.
From what I interpreted it as, he admitted to voting for Spike.
Then, when he said he meant something else, I retracted.
Who wouldn't vote for someone who admitted for voting for someone that is dead?

SStrikerR
Sep 1, 2009, 06:08 PM
Read what he posted. Unless he edited it.

You seem quite defensive there. Luckily for you, not everybody has posted in here yet, so me voting would be a bad idea.

edit: Hmmm, all the suspicion has already been drawn to volcompat. I must not focus so much on him that I forget about everybody else.

Volcompat321
Sep 1, 2009, 06:10 PM
Because I have 4 people accusing me, already, for something that was almost an obvious confession.
And, Crimson already edited his post, so if you didn't see it before, you cant see it.

SStrikerR
Sep 1, 2009, 06:12 PM
I did, actually, see what crimsom originally posted. I stand by what I said regardless.

Volcompat321
Sep 1, 2009, 06:14 PM
Fair enough.
People shouldn't be so fast to accuse one of the first people to accuse.
Specially when he had a decent reason.

Randomness
Sep 1, 2009, 06:23 PM
Well, the intent of that post was clear enough. I mean, he talks about the presidential race, then voting for Spike?

Besides, the first person to level an accusation was Outrider.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 1, 2009, 06:24 PM
Well, outrider is just...outrider. Not sure about him.

We need more diverse posts before we go gettin' people killed, it'll turn out ugly.

Volcompat certainly didn't start off on the right foot, though...

Volcompat321
Sep 1, 2009, 06:27 PM
He talked about his death in the same sentence as him dying.
Sure, I started on the wrong foot, but give me another chance.

Leviathan
Sep 1, 2009, 07:29 PM
This is funny. I had a dream that I died first.

But I didn't.

Vote: Volcompat. He just seems to be able to jump to conclusions so much, something on your mind child?

Randomness
Sep 1, 2009, 07:36 PM
Nice, we've got 10/15 people posting already.

Volcompat321
Sep 1, 2009, 07:48 PM
You folks are gonna get me killed over something that was thought to be a confession.
Horrible.

Tact
Sep 1, 2009, 08:40 PM
I'm back (sort of) from my real-life move to living elsewhere now. I'll start reading these posts.

PwNeR
Sep 1, 2009, 08:44 PM
Wouldn't it be more logical to assume that it was someone who hasn't posted yet?

They might be hiding... Or hiding something...

Although...
I must stop doing this...

Mixfortune
Sep 1, 2009, 08:50 PM
I'm surprised at the Vol bandwagon, he retracted his statement immediately when he thought there was a misunderstanding. He didn't get personal as some seem to have indicated either, just reaffirming his clarification. He hasn't turned back on anything substantial or completely went back on his word, which is a much greater tell.

Crimson on the other hand, had a very similar approach as Ian last game. Playing to the emotion of losing someone rather than any sort of gameplay reasoning. That type of reaction is a general "I need to make it look like I'm contributing something in a lot of words but I'm not really". Very empty posting, to me.

Just seems a bit odd to go for Vol based only on his style... his style is exactly the same as it was last game. Find a contradiction in his words and playstyle first.

Also voting off the bat because someone voted off the bat doesn't look good on yourself, I'll admit. We're supposed to make ourselves more trustworthy to each other and catch the mafia in tangles.

Randomness
Sep 1, 2009, 08:58 PM
Either:
A)Vol is innocent, and we're desperate to pick someone to get some clues
or
B)Vol is one unlucky mafioso, and got caught off the bat.

Not sure where I fall on that.

Mixfortune
Sep 1, 2009, 09:11 PM
His actions just don't scream mafia. If he tried to stick onto Crimson through another post, either by an excuse or by delay, then yeah, there you go.

I know people have to start somewhere but there's a difference between poking someone for clues and turning zealous over an initial vote. Two or three votes in and a flimsy reason, sure, but it's one vote. If anything Mafia nearly wouldn't make that mistake, especially since there's no bandwagon following for Crimson.

The following is huge speculation, and personally not likely to be true, but it's one way a certain gambit can work, IF that's the mafia's attempt.
[spoiler-box]
The only way Vol could be mafia like that is if he's trying to make himself innocent in the long run, and there's a group conspiracy to make him look bad, otherwise they'd try to spear whoever he "flaked" on, in this case Crimson. It's almost too early in the game for that unless that's their intention, in which case pushing too hard on Vol for a nonexistent reason would pair Vol as mafia WITH whoever voted for him.
[/spoiler-box]
That seems very unlikely, as Vol seems quite clearly not a mafia based on his current actions. If he is though, I'm recommend in future days to look back on those that may have jumped on it off the bat.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 1, 2009, 09:43 PM
You folks are gonna get me killed over something that was thought to be a confession.
Horrible.
Not our fault. :wacko:

Volcompat wasn't killed last game(I think) and I think it would be more logical for him to be mafia. Then again, that logic would be flawed, because maybe there's previous mafia members still mafia.

I should really stop trying to be logical, I'll just run myself into the ground, <_>;

Mixfortune
Sep 1, 2009, 09:47 PM
Vol died Day Two in the first game by a shortened lynch (no one had really posted anything of substance in 3-4 days). He was a townie.

It's possible Spike's trying to be fair and mix it up a little by letting people attempt reverse roles but at the same time I'd have a feeling he'd know that'd possibly detract from the game. I stand by the guideline that the roles are, were, and always will be randomized.

Lance813
Sep 1, 2009, 10:47 PM
I agree with Mix. For me, its still too early to tell. The veil will be lifted soon and then I can make a conscious decision.

Volcompat321
Sep 1, 2009, 10:55 PM
Not our fault. :wacko:

Volcompat wasn't killed last game(I think) and I think it would be more logical for him to be mafia. Then again, that logic would be flawed, because maybe there's previous mafia members still mafia.

I should really stop trying to be logical, I'll just run myself into the ground, <_>;

I was killed, and was a townie last game.
Thanks Mix for explaining everything as the way you see it.
So far I only see people trying to gang up on me, and with almost no reason other than I'm Volcompat.
As of now, I cant make a vote, because there's nothing telling me to vote for anyone since this whole thread was ragging on me, almost.

Randomness
Sep 1, 2009, 10:58 PM
Of course, the problem is, if nobody votes, we just end up sitting around in eternal noon.

Volcompat321
Sep 1, 2009, 11:03 PM
Yea, I know that.
It's nice and easy killing poor me off when Crimson made the mistake of using the wrong words.
Why is no one looking at him?
He even edited the original post, so that leaves people thinking I'm a Mafia, because you cant see his original post.

Leviathan
Sep 1, 2009, 11:37 PM
That casts some suspicion over Crimsom.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 2, 2009, 12:20 AM
I edited it, because I wanted to avoid people not getting that post as Volcompat did.

Either way, if I had left it, or edited it, somebody would go with Volocompat's way of reasoning.

EDIT:
One thing bothers me tough... Vol said that there was a voting for Spike's death, when he claimed I was responsible... well, that's a lot of information about supposed mafia modus operati. How do you know? The fact that mafia members "decide" does not equal to "they vote" (although that's often the case).

Going along that though, you spotted somebody referring to voting. You saw that as an excellent opportunity to dump some of your dirt on another, seeing as you weren't here for presidential voting, so you didn't quite know to what I was referring to. I pointed that out, and you were rather quick to retract the vote. Both are suspicious.

You're also (in face of overwhelming opposition) now claiming that editing post, to avoid misunderstanding, is pinning blame on others. That's also a razor for the drowning, since somebody might just go with that, and take some pressure off you.

Finally, If you want going all out on game technicality, I didn't and don't have any reason to wish for Spike's death. He is...was... my good friend. I voted for him, and he took good care of us all, helped some people, like me, move to Skype and so on.

astuarlen
Sep 2, 2009, 01:34 AM
I'm as suspicious as before of this whole bandwagon thing, with everyone dogpiling on Vol.
It would be easy to assume the first person to lob an accusation was mafia, but that obviously didn't pan out last game when I led us to Tact's doorstep (for those who are new to the game, he was a townie). Not only can the mafia start a bandwagon (or a hayride, which is equally uncomfortable because it's usually cold and you get hay up your pants, ugh), but they could just as easily latch onto one of our accusations. What we need to do is suss out those who are encouraging a bandwagon. Unfortunately, we have little prior evidence to go on.

What Mix said about looking to Mafia posts (Nai, Mix, and Gentlemen) from last game could be useful. Study up, guys and gals. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167841) Again, we probably don't stand much chance against the Maf because they get to plan at night, but it's worth a shot (and I have too much free time!).

Another thing I was thinking: if a handful of players start defending a particular player, that looks bad--like they're trying to protect their own. In the Town, we don't know who's who, so I think we tend towards suspicion, whereas the Mafia knows who they should target and who they need to protect.

I'll be back after I've sorted my thoughts more.

Edit: Also, we can't assume that just because someone was Mafia or Town, killed or not killed, before they'll be the opposite or the same this time. I'm betting Spike chose randomly, so everyone has an equal chance of being picked.

Volcompat321
Sep 2, 2009, 01:45 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]I edited it, because I wanted to avoid people not getting that post as Volcompat did.

Either way, if I had left it, or edited it, somebody would go with Volocompat's way of reasoning.

EDIT:
One thing bothers me tough... Vol said that there was a voting for Spike's death, when he claimed I was responsible... well, that's a lot of information about supposed mafia modus operati. How do you know? The fact that mafia members "decide" does not equal to "they vote" (although that's often the case).

Going along that though, you spotted somebody referring to voting. You saw that as an excellent opportunity to dump some of your dirt on another, seeing as you weren't here for presidential voting, so you didn't quite know to what I was referring to. I pointed that out, and you were rather quick to retract the vote. Both are suspicious.

You're also (in face of overwhelming opposition) now claiming that editing post, to avoid misunderstanding, is pinning blame on others. That's also a razor for the drowning, since somebody might just go with that, and take some pressure off you.

Finally, If you want going all out on game technicality, I didn't and don't have any reason to wish for Spike's death. He is...was... my good friend. I voted for him, and he took good care of us all, helped some people, like me, move to Skype and so on.[/SPOILER-BOX]

I edited it, because I wanted to avoid people not getting that post as Volcompat did.

EDIT:Why would you want to edit it? You already explained yourself and people knew what you meant.
Was it what you didn't want the rest of the people to see what you wrote, because you said something you didn't mean to say?ENDEDIT:

It's not that I knew the mafia voted for him, it's he's dead, and the game works off votes.
Though Spike could have killed president...Spike off because last game he said for the new game no players will be killed by mafia.
President Spike was not a player, but still could have been voted (killed) by Mafia.
Which is why I was thinking about what you posted, and interpreted it as a vote for Spike, by Mafia, a.k.a. you+others.

Nai_Calus
Sep 2, 2009, 02:05 AM
Oh hurdur I forgot about this because it took so long.

Wait, did I run for FKL president? I don't even remember anymore. I thought I was shligger's running mate. Or maybe he was mine. Hell if I know.

Crimson and Mix seem the most suspicious, though Mix mostly because he's posting the same way he did last game.

Too soon to tell, though. I got nothing.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 2, 2009, 02:20 AM
EDIT:Why would you want to edit it? You already explained yourself and people knew what you meant.
Was it what you didn't want the rest of the people to see what you wrote, because you said something you didn't mean to say?ENDEDIT:

It's not that I knew the mafia voted for him, it's he's dead, and the game works off votes.
Though Spike could have killed president...Spike off because last game he said for the new game no players will be killed by mafia.
President Spike was not a player, but still could have been voted (killed) by Mafia.
Which is why I was thinking about what you posted, and interpreted it as a vote for Spike, by Mafia, a.k.a. you+others.

It would appear that it did not get through to all.

I do not say that you're gulity right from the start, I'm just saying some of things that you said are just as suspicious.

The time I edited the post, I stated a reason, because I believed that not everyone would look throgh entire thread (because this happens even here), and would not see the later explenation.

Sorry, but I've been thought long ago that if you leave your answer open to interpretation, half of it will be completely different from what you've meant.
Which I should've remebred when I made that post. Or state to you that I'm editing it for that reason

Personally, this whole thing is perfect for a thrid person, which is smirking right now as we jump to our throats. Where two fight, third one wins.

EDIT: Also, metality, "He's defending himself, so he must be guilty is the coup d'grace of most villians... which I'm sad to say you're doing right now.

Volcompat321
Sep 2, 2009, 02:33 AM
I'm not accusing you of being guilty because your defending yourself, as I was defending myself against the wolves at my throat, because of something you said, because of what I didn't read right.
I'm not even accusing you of being guilty, I'm accusing you of trying to cover your tracks because what I said about that specific post was intriguing, to myself and possibly others, which we cant tell now, because you edited it.
If it was what you meant, you should have kept it.
By changing it, you admit that what you wrote could be misconstrued as suspicion, or an act of Mafia.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 2, 2009, 02:40 AM
You forget, that Townsfolk can be as dangerous as Mafia. There are elements that might use this as an excuse to rid the game off people they don't want to see in it.

Which is the reason as to why I behaved in a way I did, I'm not taking any chance.

A lot of people (who posted) saw the original post. Plus, I only added content, I did not removed anything.

However, this is a valid argument for someone who's in a real pinch and feels guilty for whatever reason...

astuarlen
Sep 2, 2009, 02:40 AM
Crimson and Mix seem the most suspicious, though Mix mostly because he's posting the same way he did last game.

I was kind of thinking the same thing, but then some people just seem to make consistent posts (e.g. Mix and his break-it-down strategy posts, Vol and his hair trigger reactions, Tess's excited accusations, Randomness's godmodding... ).

Actually, I was thinking he could be in league with Volcompat and therefore trying to throw us off/protect his affiliate.

I've been reading the old thread, and I noticed Gentlemen and Mix urging caution, a strategy that plays to the Mafia because they get twice as much time to bloody their swords. Nai and Mix both employed the laundry list strategy (i.e. mention several people at once), which could've helped muddy the waters and given them more opportunity to plant the seeds of suspicion. I also noticed quite a bit of hair-tearing and tear-wringing over the death of yours truly, especially from--but not limited to--the Mafiosos right after they cut me down, but I think that speaks to the quality of the victim.

All that may be beside the point, but I figure the more we can expose past Mafia behaviors to the light of scrutiny the more chance we stand in spotting them again. Criminals love ill-lit areas!*

*I may have received a slight monetary incentive from the lightbulb lobby for that one.

Edit: Lance's nonchalance reminds me a lot of Gentlemen last round (simple posts, stay out of the spotlight, act cautious):

I agree with Mix. For me, its still too early to tell. The veil will be lifted soon and then I can make a conscious decision.

Volcompat321
Sep 2, 2009, 02:49 AM
A lot of people (who posted) saw the original post. Plus, I only added content, I did not removed anything.

However, this is a valid argument for someone who's in a real pinch and feels guilty for whatever reason...

Changing, removing, or adding is like a play on words.
You can add just one word and change the entire meaning.

I fail to see how my argument is valid for someone who's in a real pinch.
The only thing I see is you changing you words to make me look like I'm either crazy or guilty.

I think you may be a Townie, only because your so adamant to get people off your back, it makes me think your too suspicious to be Mafia.
Though I could be wrong.
Last time I was accused of being a mafia for voting for ast (and she died) I ended up being a townie. Shortly after I was accused and killed, I ended up being a townie as well.
As others already said, I'm playing the game the same way.

I don't want to vote for anyone as of now, but what ast said in the post above this one made me think.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 2, 2009, 02:54 AM
Adding content in this case cleared up original meaning, which I originally tried to reinforce with later posts. You did act too rashly, so people started to act suspicious.

That being beside the point tough. I\m keeping my mind os SStrikeR, Lance and Mixfortune.

They're all too quiet and withdrawn from the side. Just like waiting until a brawl will start; when FKL will assemble behind one of us.

Getting two innocents blaming each other, and adding fuel to fire, (I'm looking at you SStrikeR) is an excellent strategy for Mafia - they kill one person and have Townsfolk kill another.

Volcompat321
Sep 2, 2009, 02:58 AM
Actually, I was thinking he could be in league with Volcompat and therefore trying to throw us off/protect his affiliate.

He didn't defend or throw anyone off of me, he was only stating facts about the last game.

Adding content in this case cleared up original meaning, which I originally tried to reinforce with later posts. You did act too rashly, so people started to act suspicious.
I didn't think I did.
There was an obvious mistake, so I took advantage of that, only to find out it's not what you meant.
Also, in this case, yea, it did clear up what you actually meant, and once you stated what you actually meant (to either throw us off your mistake, or because what I thought wasn't actually what you meant) I retracted, then got a bunch of wild people on top of me as if I were some ravage animal.

Lance813
Sep 2, 2009, 03:15 AM
Astuarlen, I think you may be over-thinking things; You are using the 'laundry list' yourself. Now, Volcompat and Crimsomwolf... I have a feeling that one of you is Mafia and the other is a Townie. I also am beginning to suspect Astuarlen.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 2, 2009, 05:26 AM
Personally, this whole thing is perfect for a thrid person, which is smirking right now as we jump to our throats. Where two fight, third one wins.

What I said there, Lance.

Now, I'll tag that editing argument for last time: I edited it for clarification and did not removed any content. Think logically, mafia gal/gent. would then remove further posts, to make Volcompat look even more suspicious. Plus, somebody responsible for the crime would not draw attention to himself like that since any edit made now will draw more attention....

However, an inncocent will do that, because he/she, like me wouldn't to be judged straight up by some hot-blood who didn't bothered to read rest of the thread.

Volcompat's not likely mafia, else he would be pursuing charges against me, or any other who accused him.

However, people who accuse two people, or more.... well refer to the quote. Letting us townsfolk kill each other while they slip they drinks on a beach God-knows where.

Mixfortune
Sep 2, 2009, 05:45 AM
Forums based around this game disable the edit function, and then have an acronym that is used to double post an edit later on. While helpful, it's obviously not an ability here unless everyone remembered it all the time, or something.

I'd say a bit has been revealed here. Wall of text, going to do what I can to break into appropriate boxes. Keep in mind my previous points as well.
[spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]

I really don't like this type of post if you're a townie. Not only the type of post, but the language behind it. I know you're agreeing with me, and you're 'new' to the game, but if you're really townie, do what you can to try and root out some people instead of sitting back. Get your thoughts out there. "The veil will be lifted soon" doesn't come across as helpful language either. If you're town, try and take these into consideration, otherwise you'll be in trouble later.

Of course, the problem is, if nobody votes, we just end up sitting around in eternal noon.

Again, bit of a difference if you're poking someone for clues, and knee-jerking over an initial vote. Only Crimson has been following up, but I'll get to that. No one else seemed to be of the type to assert pressure and make use of it.
[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]

If that's your defense, why'd you then use the assumption yourself? It's also not too abstract to believe that they'd use a voting system to get people on the same page since it's their time to plan. Are you also familiar with how mafia games work, as in played them before? Just curious.

Again, unless there's some kind of massive gambit right out the door, the fact he retracted his vote in the way he did would NOT indicate he was mafia just based off that action. If there WAS a mafia to make such an obvious blunder, he'd be so bad at it that he'd be in so much trouble later down the line, but his defense isn't weakening.

Finally, If you want going all out on game technicality, I didn't and don't have any reason to wish for Spike's death. He is...was... my good friend. I voted for him, and he took good care of us all, helped some people, like me, move to Skype and so on.

Can we stop language like this? Razor for the drowning? Cmon. Mafia deals in absolutes coupled with dramatics to soup it up. If you're honestly town, you may want to check up that first game, especially Ian's posts. It's bad language.

EDIT: Also, metality, "He's defending himself, so he must be guilty is the coup d'grace of most villians... which I'm sad to say you're doing right now.

No it's not, not in this game.
This game is all about having proper defenses. If you can't, or don't, defend yourself then you're more likely to be mafia, since they're the ones that have to hide things. The point of the game is to put enough pressure on people to find the cracks in the armor. "Casting suspicion" because they're defending themselves is missing the point. It's in how they defend, or change their defense for the situation.
[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]

Well, if he is mafia, I'd have fallen for it, but I still outlined a potential gambit should that be the case. Usually in-league would call for saving my defense for a bigger stretch, or if he was honestly in more danger. Something like this where it's an easy to see fact that's been taken out of its proper proportions, while lengthy, wouldn't be a dangerous enough cause to oust myself if I were in-league. But it's a better finger to point for a better reason.

My guess, if anyone's in-league it'd be Vol and Crimson, putting on a show over an inconsequential detail. While a stretch, I'll come back to that in a sec.

I'm also curious on your stance on Crimson, or any insight into the manner.
[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]

That being beside the point tough. I\m keeping my mind os SStrikeR, Lance and Mixfortune.

They're all too quiet and withdrawn from the side. Just like waiting until a brawl will start; when FKL will assemble behind one of us.

Getting two innocents blaming each other, and adding fuel to fire, (I'm looking at you SStrikeR) is an excellent strategy for Mafia - they kill one person and have Townsfolk kill another.

It probably wouldn't seem as quiet if the two of you hadn't filled up the last few pages on what is still a minor point. Also, "Getting two innocents blaming each other, and adding fuel to fire, (I'm looking at you SStrikeR) is an excellent strategy for Mafia", is this your current stance?
[/spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

I honestly want to believe that there's just some kind of "I have to get the last word in" kind of sub-battle going on, but it's fairly distracting, and we get what happened, unless you have something else to add onto it, it's just dragging us down to harp on it over and over for something that's not even a valid indicator in the first place.

The more this carries on, the more one of two scenarios seems most likely to me, either:

A) Crimsonwolf is Mafia for continued abnormal pressure on a very minor detail, then blaming Vol for properly defending himself, in addition to emotional appeals, or

B) Volcompat is Mafia, and this is either a gambit, or a ruse between himself and Crimsonwolf... a very elaborate, lengthy, and over the top ruse, but oftentimes those are the best.

Either way, if Crimson is truly town I'd advise rechecking your general strategies, you're not doing well for yourself if you continue applying pressure in odd places continually. Until then, Vote: Crimsonwolf.

Also if I die first night I sure as hell hope people are actually comprehending what I've been saying and use it.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 2, 2009, 06:53 AM
My current stance is this:

Neither me or Volcompat are guilty. I pointed to him a few minor details that could've made him suspicious to the crowd. And yes, I'm the type that has to have last word and I stick too much to the detail - which I believe led to this whole thing. Volcompat replied one thing, I pointed out a few others, and so "who-get's-the-last-word-battle begun." Which added to general confusion and put forward two candidates. Looking back, I could've phrased my arguments better or refrain myself from saying them.

I did ask Vol those things because they did bother me and I wanted answer, maybe a clue to a reall killer, or even possibly a crack throuh which apply pressure. And I've gotten my answer to them - which sounded logical to me. So I didn't pressed them.

I am convinced that mafia is playing on this whole thing (which I'll have to admit is starting to look like a giant circus). It may be they haven't even voted yet, just let both of us fill pages with details and hope others to their job.

SStrikerR
Sep 2, 2009, 08:45 AM
I didn't read all of Mix's post, but I agree with most of what I did read. I was also thinking, most of the suspicion (read: MOST) is still on Volcompat. Crimsom seems to be trying real hard to keep him in the spotlight, which is a very good mask for the mafia.

Vote: CrimsomWolf

CrimsomWolf
Sep 2, 2009, 08:50 AM
The same can be argued the other way tough?

I asked a number of questions that would help me put him as or off mafia.
I think he's clean, but the fact that other people don't think so, is frankly beyond my control.

Also if I die first night I sure as hell hope people are actually comprehending what I've been saying and use it.

Funny, but this reeks with coercion by miles. Sorry, but it's as "play as I say, or we will... you know what...if not at night, then at day"

That is plainly aimed at all that were suspicious of you: astuarlen, Lance etc.

EDIT: Fear mongering.That's what it is. You're making it sound as if anyone who does not agree with your logic, or even speaks in way you don't really approve of (Lance) he's suspicious right-off.

I might add, that you haven't even said whenever you can reason with my previous "stance" post, or not. I never expect a direct and immediate answer from anyone, but you had an hour to do so. Either, you were really busy, or apparently could not fully turn that argument against anyone from townsfolk.

Finally, you're either unwilling (or don't want to) consider a possibility of what I say: that thing with Volocompat was a misunderstanding and at least I believe we solved it. He answered my questions, and I'm happy with answers.

Just as you'd want thus thing to go on, so nobody will focus in this huge text wall on other things.

Should I also remind, what happened the last time town followed your logic?

Vote: Mixfortune

Outrider
Sep 2, 2009, 11:45 AM
Jesus. 7 pages?

Just wanted to ask - didn't Spike say something along the lines of "nobody will get killed the first night"? After all, he wasn't actually playing and he's the first corpse. Is this just some sort of Mr. Boddy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluedo) situation to get the game started so that no players die before they can play?

I'm not going to vote just yet because Mix said he disapproves of people voting based off of what other people have been saying and that makes me feel bad for doing it.

Randomness
Sep 2, 2009, 12:06 PM
Sounds like a good explanation of why Spike died first. Who better to get suspicion going than the President?

Striker, I thought the whole Vol situation was closed. You seem to be latching onto it as an excuse to vote for Crimson from where I'm sitting.

The funny thing is, Mix votes for Crimson, using Vol as a reason, but says that Vol could be mafia as well.

From my viewpoint, Crimson is not the one bringing up Vol's gaffe over and over. Its other people trying to use it against Crimson. I almost responded the same way as Vol, I had to read it again for it to make sense.

Right now, I see a lot of pressure coming from Mix. Actually, looking back, most of Mix's posts have been defending Vol and attacking Crimsom.

Outrider:We don't have anything else to go off of other than what people say.

Back to my thoughts... I notice that Mix has latched onto the Vol/Crimsom deal, while the actual people involved have been trying to move past it. (With limited success on Crimsom's part, because it keeps coming up as an accusation) Mix is harping on about Crimsom, while sweeping Vol's accusations under the rug.

Right now, I think Mix is acting the most overall manipulative, which doesn't seem right for a townie at this stage. I personally still don't think we have enough information yet, and don't think we will at all this first round.

For now...
Vote: Mixfortune, unless he can explain his pressure to my satisfaction. (I'm also tempted to vote Striker for jumping all over Crimson along with Mix) This may easily change though, but I really want people to step back and think, so we don't go rushing off a cliff. We can't afford to be lynching townies-we're already going to lose one a night.

SStrikerR
Sep 2, 2009, 01:12 PM
As you said randomness, we don't have much information at this stage, and some people haven't posted much, or even at all. I may have voted early, but I voted off of the only information I had. I'm not "latching on" to anything.
edit: Again, not much is known in this round. As such, innacurate/hasty (added in hasty during 2nd edit) decisions will most likely be made. Later on more and more things may become clear, but for now this is all I have to deal with. So I stand by my vote.

astuarlen
Sep 2, 2009, 01:33 PM
Lance: You're likely right about overthinking this; afterall, it's a game in which anyone and everyone looks right shady, so perhaps I'm just making things excessively complicated by pointing out that x, y, and z feel fishy to me, when x, y, and z are all the fish in the sea (note, however, that "chicken of the sea" is really tuna; someone should take those guys up for violating truth-in-advertising statutes).
Still, last game it seemed playing it cool/posting infrequently and just going with the flow were Mafia strategies employed to good effect. They don't have to be too picky with their kills, because most of us Townies are good targets.

In answer to what Mix asked re: my opinion of VolcomWolfGate, I honestly can't force myself to read their posts too closely because it's the most convoluted game of guilt-tennis ever (and it's love-love, as far as I can see).
You two (Vol and Crimsom) are making a hell of a lot of smoke, and while I think confusion in general probably helps the Mafia, at some point the Baddies are going to seek the comforts of Night when they can prey free of prying eyes.

It's certainly more fun to get all excited and firebrand-y and brand someone with the Mark of Guilt. I haven't been feeling as gung-ho since that didn't pan out last game... but, you know what? Screw srs bsns. I SAW the muffin (wo)man[/spoiler-box] STANDING OVER SPIKE'S BODY, CACKLING, WITH BLOOD ALL OVER HIR HANDS!

I'm not going to vote just yet because Mix said he disapproves of people voting based off of what other people have been saying and that makes me feel bad for doing it.

Oh, ho ho, what have we here, dear reader? Has Mix been threatening you, Outrider? Intimidation is a Hallmark Mafia [s]callinggreeting card.

Lance813
Sep 2, 2009, 01:48 PM
Ok, now that I've thoroughly changed my mind as I've gathered more details I still can't say that I have decided. So far I have agreed with Mix, then went against Astuarlen. I'm probably over-analyzing this whole situation, but I'm blaming different people based on how shady they are and by gut. The whole 'gut' thing isn't working out well for me now though. (Maybe I should eat something...)

This Volcompat/Crimsom stuff needs to stop though. Because if one of you 'goes away' in the middle of the night that would only make the the other more suspicious. That could be a mafia plan though, try and get two townies against each other; then killing one; then due to suspicion we would kill the other.

So now that my brain hurts, I'll leave my post at that and go eat some food.

Oh, and this 'editing' nonsense needs to stop.

SStrikerR
Sep 2, 2009, 01:55 PM
Well if I feel I need to add somehting more lance, what would you rather me do? Make a new post, or edit? I really don't care either way.

Outrider
Sep 2, 2009, 01:57 PM
Because if one of you 'goes away' in the middle of the night that would only make the the other more suspicious. That could be a mafia plan though, try and get two townies against each other; then killing one; then due to suspicion we would kill the other.

Stop giving them ideas!

Lance813
Sep 2, 2009, 02:05 PM
I wasn't talking about your post in general Striker. I do have a feeling that the edited post are only putting blame in your direction. If you want to avoid suspicion I'm sure that a double- post would be fine. I mean hell, this is FKL for crying out loud.

Then why are you pointing it out, Outrider? :wacko:

SStrikerR
Sep 2, 2009, 02:07 PM
Ah, my mistake. I'll just triple post from now on (I would have earlier since I edited twice :wacko:)

SStrikerR
Sep 2, 2009, 02:08 PM
And while I'm at it, retract my vote. The first round doesn't seem anywhere near over yet, so I figure I should just wait.

Lance813
Sep 2, 2009, 02:09 PM
Well, I just don't want people to place THAT kind of suspicion on themselves. Everyone edits, but when you do it in a thread of this caliber people get suspicious. Frankly, its a dumb reason to suspect a person.

Outrider
Sep 2, 2009, 02:52 PM
Then why are you pointing it out, Outrider? :wacko:

Oh crap - Now I'm giving them ideas!

Lance813
Sep 2, 2009, 03:05 PM
Outrider you are acting too, well, Outriderish. Haha

Mixfortune
Sep 2, 2009, 03:10 PM
Funny, but this reeks with coercion by miles. Sorry, but it's as "play as I say, or we will... you know what...if not at night, then at day"

EDIT: Fear mongering.That's what it is. You're making it sound as if anyone who does not agree with your logic, or even speaks in way you don't really approve of (Lance) he's suspicious right-off.

That's quite a stretch, but I'll set it aside and just take it as overanalyzing a bit and explain, because by itself, it may look that way, but coupled with the massive wall of text that I'm sure most won't fully read, makes more sense.

No offense, but based on how last game worked and how the mafia functioned, I'm high up on a first night kill, and I may have placed myself there anyways.

If anyone else cares about the semantics of the line Crimsom questioned, I'll box it.
[spoiler-box]
The notice about people actually coming and reading it if I died is simple. It's not all accusations and "Hey guys if I die get these people for me". It contains a good chunk of strategy tips and a little bit more analysis than "This guy doesn't post enough/this guy posts too much". If we lynch a town tonight, and at anytime you as a town can die, I'm sure going to play with a general gameset in mind, because that's it, I'm out. I'd rather have some kind of notes to look back on, that'd be helpful for town later on. I'm disappointed more aren't doing so. Everyone on town still wins even if they die, same for mafia. Also for clarification, since this line seemed of particular interest to you, the reason for the language like "sure as hell hope", was simply because I didn't want town to skip over it for being too long, or not reading enough to find information that'd be helpful. If they honestly didn't want to read it now, I'm not forcing them too, I just really hope they take it into consideration should I actually get mobbed first, or anytime in the future. It took a long time to write that, is all. It's just funny to provide analysis and its made out to be that I'm sticking my neck out.

Also you seem to think it was pointed at those suspicious of me... but I can defend myself in better ways than that. It's targeted at those that either aren't active enough, or didn't read it, or still stick to the drama votes that just confuse the whole town. I know ast enough to figure she'd at least read it, so much so that if I wanted to threaten her, it'd be more evident in the body, not some warning label.
[/spoiler-box]

I might add, that you haven't even said whenever you can reason with my previous "stance" post, or not. I never expect a direct and immediate answer from anyone, but you had an hour to do so. Either, you were really busy, or apparently could not fully turn that argument against anyone from townsfolk.

Remember what you said yourself about time obligations and zones. It was past 3:30 in the morning here, 5AM when you posted your stance. I'll address the post before my wall as well, as there was a 20 minute gap and your post likely popped up while I was working on mine. I basically went to bed about an hour later. You're treating it like I skipped over it when we're dealing with 5-6 in the morning.

Finally, you're either unwilling (or don't want to) consider a possibility of what I say: that thing with Volocompat was a misunderstanding and at least I believe we solved it. He answered my questions, and I'm happy with answers.

Again I was typing that post alongside when you seemed to resolve it, but I'm not about to edit it should something else come along as misconstrued. I posted fairly early on that the point on Vol was a worthless one, with strategy to back it up, I never said he wasn't mafia, but that I'd personally (and I was hoping more people) would've wanted to go for something more. Like I've been saying an actual contradiction in his gameplay or style, or an authentic style backtrack, not this oops I voted for a silly reason like last game, but this time I retracted on the misinterpretation the very next post rather than kept on it.

Just as you'd want thus thing to go on, so nobody will focus in this huge text wall on other things.

Not quite sure I follow the point on this one, maybe the sentence structure, but since when did I want your little side argument to go on? I was the one saying to dispel it lest it come across as more early on, and it kept going. Whether Vol or you are more responsible I went for who I thought more suspicious between the two, and I chose you. I never dismissed Vol as mafia or town completely, because that's a stupid thing to do. I gave my reasons clearly, more clearly than most. Since I didn't want it to be the focus, and it remained the focus, I acted on it. If something else comes up to change my mind, I will too act on that. But that's why I was warning before that generally dominating the game with side things is a bad idea. I said it before and for good reason.

Should I also remind, what happened the last time town followed your logic?

Right, because I get to choose what side I'm on.
I'm fine if you want to vote me for being mafia last game, I was expecting some to anyways. Whether I'm mafia or not this game though, I at least hope some will find greater reasons than this. You did decently in your other logic, I'm saying others.

As to your stance post, and post previous to my last one:
[spoiler-box]
While it's good you've seemed to realize that these kind of side-theatrics never work if both happen to be town due to sniping, it just would've been nice to realize... earlier? Which was pointed out as early as my first post. I warned this would be a problem if you were honestly town, but it wasn't even defended. Or at least, you continued to defend the original Vol/Crims misunderstanding, which was the last thing you wanted to keep defending. I didn't just jump in saying you were Mafia, I gave warning signs on it, and what I would be looking for. You seemed to follow what I applied, so I went with it. The reason I asked for the call on the current stance was because if it somehow magically turned into it without notice then I would've completely bagged you as Mafia. Again, though, that was taking into account that your two posts were not available to me at that time. I know that you built up that stance prior, now.
[/spoiler-box]

Volcompat321
Sep 2, 2009, 03:13 PM
The only reason I've defended myself to Crimson was because he said I seemed suspicious for thinking he was suspicious, because of an error he didn't make clear, and I misunderstood.
What kind of basis is that?
Vote someone because he thinks your suspicious?
That's Crimson's whole senopsys on the situation.
As of now, my Vote: Crimson.
I vote Crimson because he's taking this whole thing too far, I explained what I did and why in the first two posts I made about his original.
There was no reason to go on and on about it, but I went with it because he was "calling me out" on stuff that wasn't relevant.
Also, by him saying-
Neither me or Volcompat are guilty.
only makes both of us more suspicious, because of what Mix said about us being "partners".
I do not stand by the statement made by Crimson, because that makes us look terribly guilty, me especially, because he said it.
So, vote:CrimsonWolf for reasons stated above.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 2, 2009, 03:18 PM
Not my fault some keep getting back to that argument. I will not comment on that, because you're making a real circus out of it. Y'know, it's hard to get past it if people keep bringing back up. Like you do.

Also Vol, you're making an awful lot of heart changes. Either decide, and stick with it, or sit on the fence for this session.

It's because of that you had that mob, remember?

Finally, your entire line of argument is based on wording mistake and making-up-giant conspiracy. And I was stupid enough to get caught in it.

That's not a very strong reason, and besides that there isn't much else.

Mixfortune
Sep 2, 2009, 03:26 PM

I'm trying to think back and I'm not quite sure where I gave this impression on its own, can you point it out for me? Sorry, maybe I can clarify, I just don't remember saying that on its own context.

To Randomness:
The means so far that I've "attacked" Crimsom were based on two points. One starting out from his first posts being dramatic and sympathetic to the death, similar to Ian's style throughout the first game. As I said then it's very empty posting, but as he's "newer" (we're still all new really) to this, I'm more willing to chalk it up to a little unknowing RP if this is the only instance of it. I made no accusation of Crimsom's role in regards to Vol, but stated at the time that the point for Vol is a minor one in how the game Mafia works, and that it should be dropped, otherwise it'll garner more suspicion.

Note here that instead of voting like some did, I gave a warning onto that kind of behavior and how it'd come across if it continued. I also attempted to dispel it at that time for good reason, if they were both town it does town no good. At that time as well I also discerned how Vol could be Mafia, and I never discounted he could be.

It continued on its own through that, and so I acted on it. There's something to note here though, as I said above, the timestamps. My huge wall-o-text was being written while Crimsom was coming to realization. If my post then is used in the context of everyone up until that point, everything was still relevant. I didn't harp anything past when they suddenly dropped it, from the time I started working on that post, and then going to bed.

Also the reason I've been more out there in particular with chewing on people's general playstyle is I'm hoping to teach people a little bit too, pointing out their warning signs ahead of time so they can possibly reflect on them, as well as guiding people on HOW to vote, not WHO to vote.

I don't care if they group on Crimsom with me or not, but I suppose the intertwining "HOW TO VOTE 101" alongside me trying to point out Vol and/or Crimsom can seem like I'm trying to manipulate a bandwagon.

I don't think there's a lot of information either, which is why these theatrics are so dangerous, and why I advised against them. Townies put their information out there, which it's nice to see some start doing.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 2, 2009, 03:26 PM
Some people, Mixfortune and Vol don't apparently want to move past that one argument line. They're stuck at it like bulldogs and it's so depressing that I'm starting to laugh. Through entire 3 to 4 pages, all arguments resolved around one freaking editing and communication mistake Frak, I said it again and since then, nobody got anywhere, because some (Mixfortune predominately) keep sticking to it.

Afraid that if we dig deeper we might actually find something?

Mixfortune
Sep 2, 2009, 03:30 PM
In light of Vol's most recent post, I will retract my vote on Crimsom.
If you're both mafia, damn well played.
If you're both town, you two are frustrating as hell, haha.

EDIT- Um, I also said the timeline made it appear I was sticking to it because of the overlapping post times in context of everything until that point. Did you even read my post?

CrimsomWolf
Sep 2, 2009, 03:41 PM
Yes, I did

Randomness
Sep 2, 2009, 03:59 PM
For now, I'm standing with my vote. Partly because this day won't end anytime soon.

Crimson... Mix... and to a lesser degree... Vol. Dammit, I wish I had Cop powers right now.

One of you has got to be mafia. I'm leaning to Vol or Mix, but only on odds. I figure with 2/3 chance of not choosing mafia, the mafia person is probably voting along with someone else... so... I dunno, gut feeling that its less likely to be Crimsom, I guess.

Volcompat321
Sep 2, 2009, 04:03 PM
Not my fault some keep getting back to that argument. I will not comment on that, because you're making a real circus out of it. Y'know, it's hard to get past it if people keep bringing back up. Like you do.

Also Vol, you're making an awful lot of heart changes. Either decide, and stick with it, or sit on the fence for this session.

It's because of that you had that mob, remember?

Finally, your entire line of argument is based on wording mistake and making-up-giant conspiracy. And I was stupid enough to get caught in it.

That's not a very strong reason, and besides that there isn't much else.

No, I am not changing my heart a lot.
First I voted for you, for a mistake, then I decided not to, because it was a mistake.
Then, after what you wrote, I changed it back to you.
It's not like I'm switching people, and reasons.

Also, to be honest, I barely even said anything other than the mistake, you carried it on, by "wanting the last word" and making things up about it.
Something as small as a four letter word turned into a book, because of what you wrote.

Randomness
Sep 2, 2009, 04:10 PM
Vol, you and Mix are equally guilty in the length of it. You three have pretty much dominated the discussion so far-which is why I named you three in my last post. At least one of you is trying to pull out strings-though I'll admit that a townie could have cause to do that as well to target a suspected mafioso.

Volcompat321
Sep 2, 2009, 04:20 PM
Well, it's not like I asked Mix for his posts.
He made very valid points, which may have helped my argument, but it was not planned by me, or asked for.
He also stated reasons on other peoples behalf, but it seems I'm the one getting looked at for his reasoning.
I still vote for Crimson.

Mixfortune
Sep 2, 2009, 04:21 PM
Please, if we're going to edit anything bigger than fixing a word, like adding a paragraph or something, at least either double post, or preface said sentence/paragraph with and EDIT-

If someone posts something in response to one thing while you had another, at least make it possible for people to look back and say "oh yeah he did add that whole paragraph that would've caused this sort of perspective/context without it"

I'm asking this as a general OOC request.

Randomness
Sep 2, 2009, 04:24 PM
Please, if we're going to edit anything bigger than fixing a word, like adding a paragraph or something, at least either double post, or preface said sentence/paragraph with and EDIT-

If someone posts something in response to one thing while you had another, at least make it possible for people to look back and say "oh yeah he did add that whole paragraph that would've caused this sort of perspective/context without it"

I'm asking this as a general OOC request.

Probably best to not do any edits at all, even for spelling.

Volcompat321
Sep 2, 2009, 04:25 PM
Sure...(I know I'm guilty of adding a two line sentence in my post just above Randomness)
But, what is OOC?

Lance813
Sep 2, 2009, 04:26 PM
Double posts are easier to see than edits.

Mixfortune
Sep 2, 2009, 04:27 PM
Probably best to not do any edits at all, even for spelling.

Very true, but things like whole paragraphs can be catastrophic enough that if they do forget to not edit, or somehow think it's too important for that, that they at least throw up the tag.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 2, 2009, 04:28 PM
No, I am not changing my heart a lot.
First I voted for you, for a mistake, then I decided not to, because it was a mistake.
Then, after what you wrote, I changed it back to you.
It's not like I'm switching people, and reasons.

But it looks just like it.

Your justification is fair enough, for me at least, but just so you know, it's awfully fishy for those that were already convinced.

While Mixfortune sounds fair, square and logical, I'm not willing to give a benefit to the doubt. Him keeping up with argument, and then smoothly manipulating the pressures... plus, yes I do realize being harsh to players to enhance the game.... it's like guillotine being humanitarian - true enough, but real reasons are rather sinister.

Plus willingness to deescalate, might not be a sign of becoming neutral... I have a feeling, I won't live long.... if I disappear next night, then for some "I gave up the voting" thing will be a perfect shield.

Besides, I've made my choice and I'm not going to go back on my words.

astuarlen
Sep 2, 2009, 06:17 PM
We just switched ISPs at my place today (some new wiring... 'net has been down), and I was worried that I would be entirely out of the loop when I got back, but it appears that this town hall meeting is still stuck on this death panels and stealin' my Medicare, damn government!! *brandishes walking cane* thing back-and-forth.

A few things:

1. On the subject of edits: I've been adding an "Edit" tag to anything I change after the fact, but I agree we should probably just post again. On no authority whatsoever*, I hearby grant everyone immunity from charges of spelling misconduct or disorderly grammar. Keep it intelligible, folks, but the only danger in this town is the Mafia--no Grammar Nazis in sight, phew.

2. It occurs to me that some players--and some posts or even parts of posts--are tending more towards roleplay and some are more meta. I guess this could lead to misinterpretation of intentions pretty easily, but I also wonder if we can draw any conclusions based on this.

3. Outrider is giving people ideas! Are we going to let him get away with this? Shit, wait, did I just give someone an idea?!

4. Are the other citizens all asleep? Where the hey-diddle-diddle are Britt (Airalean) and co? We've seen a few people stumble into this circus without saying much or placing definite votes. Perhaps we could increase participation by offering coffee, :cruller:, and "I Voted" stickers.

5. I'll get back to you on that.

*Actually, Spike promised to appoint me Minister of Education (it's a very special role not often seen in these games), but They Got to Him before it was all made official. I've heard rumors the new regime adheres to the keep-the-peasants-illiterate school of non-thought so it's likely I'll never have an official cabinet position (maybe a pantry-level desk job at best). Even the landfill isn't safe from the rising tide of unemployment.

Lance813
Sep 2, 2009, 06:56 PM
I don't even know what to think. Right now i think most of us are townies ripping ourselves to shreds while the mafioso are sitting back laughing. Also, Levi seems a little suspicious to me. Just the way her posts are.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 2, 2009, 07:12 PM
This is just insane.

After reading all of the posts, I'm just gonna proclaim my vote.

Vote: Volcompat.

Lance813
Sep 2, 2009, 07:28 PM
I think that Volcompat is the bystander in this one and the mafia are making an attempt to get rid of him as the first victim. I have thought out a list in my head of who I believe is who.

I'll post it when I feel more sure about my accusations.

PwNeR
Sep 2, 2009, 07:32 PM
I never knew this would be so complicated. I must get smarter. But I did catch the brunt of it.

Vote: Crimsom

Lance813
Sep 2, 2009, 07:42 PM
I have a feeling that this day is going to turn up two factions. People that vote for Pat, and people who vote for Crimsom.

Randomness
Sep 2, 2009, 07:46 PM
Honestly, I notice a lot of hate directed at Crimsom. Frankly, its suspicious for someone to be that targeted day one. But yeah, there's definitely someone pulling strings here. Also, why Vol? Wasn't that just now the first vote for him?

Nitro Vordex
Sep 2, 2009, 07:48 PM
Sounds like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_U-iCWWNJA alright.

astuarlen
Sep 2, 2009, 07:58 PM
I don't even know what to think. Right now i think most of us are townies ripping ourselves to shreds while the mafioso are sitting back laughing. Also, Levi seems a little suspicious to me. Just the way her posts are.

Well, statistically, most of us are townies (unless Spike set just a handful of us up against a dozen members of the Family, in which case, damn, that was a corrupt/gullible administration).

Wait, brainwave, guys: Spike was a well-known member of the DTPA, a sworn enemy of the A-DTPA. For those of you who don't know what that means, DTPA led the good fight against the tyranny of trousers, while A-DTPA tried to shackle our noble legs within prisons of cotton and linen and all sorts of dastardly fibers Ergo, anyone who is wearing pants must've had it in for old Spikey.

Seriously, though, I have my suspicions, but I'm not sharing them until I've been proven right!!

No, seriously now, I think I like Vol for now. I'd rather not trot out a list of possible suspects, because the more divided we are the easier it would be for the Mafia to get a plurality of votes (I actually don't recall if Spike made it clear whether a true majority was needed or just a plurality). Last game, we had, what, 3 Mafia? This time we have a couple more players, so I'm guessing there are 4. If everyone points in random directions, it'll be much easier for them to gain the votes they need to do their evil deed.

Vote: Volcompat
But I'm open to arguments, natch.

SStrikerR
Sep 2, 2009, 07:59 PM
Right now I'm trying to sort things out, but I'm not keeping my notes very organized. So, I'll just put up a few.

Lance: Looks innocent by staying in the conversation, but just look at his posts. He hasn't contributed much at all.

Mix: His massive posts surely confused more people than just me. Is that what he was aiming for?

Crimsom: Instead of Vol, most people are suspicious of Crimsom now. If the round ended now, Crimsom would be dead for sure. Are you guys positive this is the man? If not, I'd retract your votes just incase.

Nitro: He's keeping pretty quiet, and he's already voted. What are his reasons for voting?

Very unorganized and incomplete, but that's what I have for now.

PwNeR
Sep 2, 2009, 08:07 PM
Duly noted.
Vote for Crimsom: Retracted
I gotta analyze this more...

Randomness
Sep 2, 2009, 08:15 PM
The thing is, we have to vote sooner or later. I mean, we've been at this day for a while.

SStrikerR
Sep 2, 2009, 08:19 PM
I didn't pay much attention to the last game, besides who died and whatnot. Do we get any notification when the day is going to end or is it "random"?

Nitro Vordex
Sep 2, 2009, 08:22 PM
You guys can analyze all you want. I've read both sides and thought about what I've seen. I'm just gonna go with my gut on this one.

Current vote stays for me.

PwNeR
Sep 2, 2009, 08:25 PM
I've got it! Well my vote at least.

Vote: Mix

astuarlen
Sep 2, 2009, 08:33 PM
Dur, I should explain why I have my eye on Vol. To be honest, part of it is the way Mix not only leapt to his defense but continued on, as though he has something invested in protecting Vol.
What originally (ostensibly!) prompted Vol to finger Crimson was a remark I read and found completely unambiguous; therefore, it seemed Vol was reaching for an excuse to cast blame on an easy target. As I mentioned before, I thought Mix was kind of going through contortions to exonerate Vol and shift the blame to Crimsom. Honestly, I think Vol and Crimsom have both been getting awfully dramatic, which could either be a sign of guilt or just desperation to get the blame off themselves if they are innocent.

Now, I reread some of the posts, and I'm kind of back to Mix because Vol and Crim were resolving things before Mix stirred it back up. Is Mix a good samaritan or is he trying to hoodwink us into playing along with some Mafia plan?

Maybe Vol and Crimsom are just clumsy (but haplessness never excluded anyone from a life--sometimes short--of crime). Mix seems to know what he's doing most of the time, though.
I'm going to change my vote.

I debated adding this, because as I mentioned before I don't want us to lose focus, but the hit-and-run jump-on-the-bandwagon posting from Ronin is slightly iffy. Mind you, I'm not shifting my vote to him, but I want to keep a eye on the guy. Tess was quick to latch on to Vol, but she acted similarly last game as a Townie.

Randomness
Sep 2, 2009, 09:42 PM
I didn't pay much attention to the last game, besides who died and whatnot. Do we get any notification when the day is going to end or is it "random"?

Well, in theory, when a majority vote for a person to be lynched occurs. I suppose Spike might go with the plurality if this goes on too long though.

SStrikerR
Sep 2, 2009, 10:36 PM
Hmm. Well, I'm willing to bet on the latter as it seems most people are unwilling to make a vote at this point. We don't have enough to go on yet.

Nai_Calus
Sep 2, 2009, 10:49 PM
I vote for myself because I'm too apathetic after four pages of Crimson and Volcom bitching at each other to give a damn.

Vote: Nai_Calus

SStrikerR
Sep 2, 2009, 11:05 PM
I vote for myself because I'm too apathetic after four pages of Crimson and Volcom bitching at each other to give a damn.

Vote: Nai_Calus

Well that's a new one O_o;

Gentlemen
Sep 2, 2009, 11:06 PM
http://www.jillstanek.com/breaking.jpg
This just in! Known to many across the nation of PSOW, FKL has been in absolute turmoil for the past few days. The :wacko: trafficking is a rampant issue and it appears a "witch hunt" has been initiated in the big city of FKL to weed out the Mafia scum. Sadly, the local Mod Enforcement has bee powerless to stop the local rioting. The town is stirred up like a hornet's nest waiting for a slip of the tongue from any member just to lynch them.

Since there's no way to tell a normal townsfolk from a Mafia member, local Mod Enforcement has called the PSOW Administrator Government for aid -- and they'll be getting it! Head Admin Thomas Boi has set the Victory Timer to end in two days. Once it runs out a PSOW Administrator Militia will be sent in to wipe out and finish the job by getting rid of all the town members.

Vice Admin Ryna has given a statement on the seeming severity of the Administration's decision. "It may be cruel but if the town can't decide who is who and are ready to kill innocent victims without proper evidence then they should have no problem with out own method of filtering out the Mafia. It's just as indiscriminant as them afterall."

Harsh words but this is the Administrators' only option if the town doesn't solve this problem on their own. Stay safe and stay out of FKL the rest of you! Tune in for the weather after this commercial break. Thing just might warm up and end the cold spell we've been having.

Randomness
Sep 2, 2009, 11:08 PM
I thought you were going to stay out of this.

Can we have Gentlemen die for the hell of it?

SStrikerR
Sep 2, 2009, 11:43 PM
Vote: Randomness.

astuarlen
Sep 2, 2009, 11:48 PM
[spoiler-box]
http://www.jillstanek.com/breaking.jpg
This just in! Known to many across the nation of PSOW, FKL has been in absolute turmoil for the past few days. The :wacko: trafficking is a rampant issue and it appears a "witch hunt" has been initiated in the big city of FKL to weed out the Mafia scum. Sadly, the local Mod Enforcement has bee powerless to stop the local rioting. The town is stirred up like a hornet's nest waiting for a slip of the tongue from any member just to lynch them.

Since there's no way to tell a normal townsfolk from a Mafia member, local Mod Enforcement has called the PSOW Administrator Government for aid -- and they'll be getting it! Head Admin Thomas Boi has set the Victory Timer to end in two days. Once it runs out a PSOW Administrator Militia will be sent in to wipe out and finish the job by getting rid of all the town members.

Vice Admin Ryna has given a statement on the seeming severity of the Administration's decision. "It may be cruel but if the town can't decide who is who and are ready to kill innocent victims without proper evidence then they should have no problem with out own method of filtering out the Mafia. It's just as indiscriminant as them afterall."

Harsh words but this is the Administrators' only option if the town doesn't solve this problem on their own. Stay safe and stay out of FKL the rest of you! Tune in for the weather after this commercial break. Thing just might warm up and end the cold spell we've been having.[/spoiler-box]

Ok, who's the joker who turned on Fox News in here?

Lance813
Sep 3, 2009, 12:00 AM
Vote: Nitro

God dammit, this is getting nowhere...

Nitro Vordex
Sep 3, 2009, 12:24 AM

Whoa, where the hell did that come from? o_O;

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 12:25 AM
I'm not quite getting where the whole "Mix carried it on for his own reasons after it was done" reasoning comes from. Everything has been clarified before. But a quick review may be in order.

The only post I made that could be seen as carrying it on by myself was the one made between 3 and 4 AM. I already said this was a huge post that took a lot of time to make, and in that time Crimsom had also posted how he wanted it to end. From there I didn't carry it anywhere else by myself.

After that, Crims asked me to defend myself, so I did.
Randomness asked me to defend myself, so I did.

Ignoring them certainly wouldn't have been any less suspicious or diffused any questions, so I answered them. It's not dragging anything on at all.

ast is right concerning Lance as well. I won't suggest Lance is Mafia for "holding back and waiting"... yet, because a look back will tell us that everyone did that in our first game, so I may overlook it for a bit to see if that trend changes.

Protip: Townies don't hold back like that because it doesn't help the town. They get their information out there for others to help speculate and build on.

Honestly, I notice a lot of hate directed at Crimsom. Frankly, its suspicious for someone to be that targeted day one. But yeah, there's definitely someone pulling strings here. Also, why Vol? Wasn't that just now the first vote for him?

This is what's amusing to me.
Vol actually did have a vote for him, as well as about three more fingers pointing in his direction, right out the gate. One of two of those also included Crims in suspicions, but no one accused Crims himself, until, and is why, I mentioned how odd that was.

There wasn't ANY hate on Crims, and lots at Vol. Hence why I questioned it like I did. But of course in explaining through it, it somehow meant that I was attacking Crims, and that now everyone's ganging up on him?

This post I quoted just starts to give me the impression that if townies are or are not even reading my posts, that they sure aren't comprehending them.

---
Lynches are majority vote. Once a majority is reached, the day phase is over.
There's very likely no definite deadline as long as the thread is active, and there would be notice regardless. When Vol's lynch was shortened, it was when no one posted for a full four days (real-time, mind you).

---
Also for those voting for me, now that there seems to be headway towards it, I'm somewhat puzzled to how my actions can be seen as something Mafia would do when I'm at least giving concise reasons and defenses while there's plenty of people that are simply voting with no others words and no one seems to care to have them explain anything. Is that how we're expecting the game to be played? I'd be less suspicious if I just said "uh vote Crims because he looks fishy!"?

The only connection that seems to link me as Mafia is if I'm defending Vol... wouldn't then the more logical vote be Vol? If I turn up as Town, that doesn't shed any actual light on Vol's alignment, whereas Vol's alignment could very well indicate my own, or at least be a very convincing argument for it. There's something very unusual about lynching a supposed protector... when I wasn't fully protecting him in the first place.

I'd like to think I'd be a little better at scheming then that...

Lance813
Sep 3, 2009, 12:25 AM
Idon'teven...

Nitro Vordex
Sep 3, 2009, 12:30 AM
Wall of text that I actually read surprisingly enough.
I'd say the only reason a mafia member would want to be rid of you is because of your reasoning. That's why I usually keep quiet and observe, because when I start thinking, my head hurts. And it usually isn't my doing.

Or maybe people don't want to read more than a paragraph or two, I dunno. :wacko:

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 12:32 AM

I hope you have some kind of reasoning ready for this.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 12:33 AM
Vote: Randomness.

This as well.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 3, 2009, 12:37 AM
I like how you think a bunch of townfolk like us actually have reason.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 12:39 AM
I like how you think a bunch of townfolk like us actually have reason.

Might as well be mafia if they don't.
I mean seriously, you're not going to find 3-4 mafia, or mafia at all, letting them do all the reasoning for you.
Mafia doing all the explaining during the day, and then planning during the night. Easiest game of Mafia ever.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 3, 2009, 12:41 AM
Yeah, that would be kind of redundant.

Spoiler: The whole town is Mafia. :wacko:

Lance813
Sep 3, 2009, 12:52 AM
The only reason that I did vote for Nitro is because he voted against Volcompat, and was posting nonsense.

Why are you so quick to question me when you didn't say a thing to him when he voted for Volcompat? He said he read everything and made a decision. I'm sure you can tell that I've been reading things too.

Spolier: none of us are mafia...

Nitro Vordex
Sep 3, 2009, 12:55 AM
Are you kidding me? Most of the thread is filled with nonsense.

Plus I'm not very good at reasoning in typing. Better vocally. Plus I actually stated I read through everything, not just "OH LOL YOU VOTED FOR THE PERSON EVERYONE ELSE DID SO I'M VOTAN YOU".

Spoiler: Everyone dies.

astuarlen
Sep 3, 2009, 12:58 AM
Striker and Lance's posts surprise me, too, but I don't know that they scream Mafia to me. Striker voting for Randomness without any explanation doesn't convince anyone to vote for/become suspicious of Random, and it doesn't put Random closer to getting lynched because that's the first vote he got. Same with Lance voting for Nitro.

On the other hand, they could be spreading out votes to stall for time because they are Mafia, and they fear momentum is building to lynch one of their sinister friends. Who has the most votes-to-kill right now? Mix has 4, and Vol is the runner-up for Miss Suspicious USA with 2 votes. Perhaps Lance and/or Striker are trying to get us tangled up again arguing, thereby buying time/the ability to manipulate the vote and win with a small margin (it's like French politics: throw 10 candidates in there, and the winner will be the one with the most rabid base of supporters--not necessarily the best choice). One or both, seeing a fellow member of the Family about to be exposed, could be using such a strategy.

I'm still committed to my Mix vote, but I want to put what I'm thinking out there for consideration.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 12:59 AM
I'll be honest in that at times it's best to question in order to see what the response is.

I can question who I want to, but I've also been urging people to question/explain this whole time... I also had general warnings on your gameplay being dangerous earlier, but it seems like the vagueness got worse, I mean, not only voting without a reason up front, but also displaying futility over it? Eh.

Short version, you seemed to have a trend of it this game, so I was opting to be direct about an explanation from you rather than indirect like earlier.

Lance813
Sep 3, 2009, 12:59 AM
Protip- I suck at this.

astuarlen
Sep 3, 2009, 01:05 AM
(Lance and Nitro posted while I was writing that up there ^).

It's fair enough to say you made a decision based on reading all the posts--better than reading tea leaves. But I agree that laying out your reasoning is helpful to the rest of us... even though we'll probably turn around and cry Obfuscation!
Sorry, I can't give in to the fact that all this speculation is futile; suspension of disbelief is the cornerstone of entertainment!

Spoiler: I stashed a copy of myself on a set of DVD-Rs in a cardboard box buried under the swingset at the playground. You may take my life, British dudes Mafia dudes, but--wait, fuck, did I say that out loud?

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 01:11 AM
I just realized how odd it was that I'm getting called out on protections over one vote and then there's no one really 'protecting' me when I'm halfway there (and well in the danger zone if there's 4 mafia).

Lance813
Sep 3, 2009, 01:19 AM
Well, if that is what you believe then I will change my vote to shorten this up.

The only reason I thought Nitro in the first place is because I thought up a connection between Mix and him. I was trying to point out more people that I thought would be mafia instead of just going along with what everyone else thought. If I had to point out a few people that I think would be Mafia are: Nitro, Vol, Mix, and Randomness. I find a connection between them. If I do go out this early in the game I blame it on my poor ability to articulate the way I feel right now. I'll take a break form this thread for now, I'll be back tomorrow night so my brain doesn't turn to mush.

I would seriously love get this day over with though. I do hope to get more information on people though because I feel very misguided right now.

Once again, I am only changing my vote because I did originally find a connection between them all. I just want this day to end. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if I died in the night.

astuarlen
Sep 3, 2009, 01:21 AM
If you go down the path of crime, you'll soon find yourself on the

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8rZWw9HE7o

Can't be certain--can't be all that close to certain, even.
Yet I'm not going to third-guess myself, because I don't do anything on the Internet I wouldn't do on a standardized test (including filling in all the bubbles with C--that, my friends, will put you on the fast track to drop-out, and from there it's just a straight shot to the road to ruin).

Lance813
Sep 3, 2009, 01:22 AM
I did that on my ACT though. :wacko:

astuarlen
Sep 3, 2009, 01:24 AM
Amateur mistake, Lance. You always, always pick B. Alternatively, an acceptable strategy is to fill the bubbles in the shape of a word like "shit", "weed", or "anachronism".

Lance813
Sep 3, 2009, 01:30 AM
I remember back in middle school I used to listen to AC\DC. (Don't hate me, I was naive) and well... you can fill in the rest.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 02:30 AM
As long as people learn from it, I suppose.
So it's still down to those that feel that I carried it on, when it was a timestamping issue, and
Protecting Vol, which is a downgrade from how I actually did play the Mafia side.

Does really seem I won't be able to change a lot of minds on those voted, but that's the gist of it for anyone else to decide if those are worthy enough factors.

PwNeR
Sep 3, 2009, 09:33 AM
I'm so confused.

Can someone shorten it for me?

Outrider
Sep 3, 2009, 10:20 AM
Okay, let me just chime in.

This is possibly showing my naivety with the game and how much I suck at it, but:

Don't vote for Mixfortune.

I'm looking at his posts, and having read a huge chunk of this thread through in one sitting, I'm really not seeing him as Mafia. I can see how somebody might read into that, but I think the "exasperated explanations of game mechanics and strategy"posting style lends itself more to somebody who is trying to help than otherwise.

I'm not saying he's not Mafia - but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt here. If I'm wrong and he's trying to kill us, I'll be very upset and he won't be invited to my birthday party (where there will be not one, but two clowns.)

I'm really hoping that Vol and Crimson aren't just dicking around for four pages, though knowing how they generally are, I wouldn't be entirely surprised.

Still:

I don't think Vol was trying to hide anything before. I'm having a hard time seeing him as some sort of criminal mastermind.

I can believe that Crimson is trying to cause trouble, as he has a penchant for trying to show that he's the smartest person in the thread, and "hey! what's smarter than outsmarting everybody?" HOWEVER - this is his first time playing the game and as such, he might just be paranoid. Still, he seems far too focused on something as insignificant as Vol's mistakes - I've got to go with my gut on this one and say I'm voting for Crimson.

Feel free to post your arguments, though; I'm willing to be proved wrong.

Vote: Crismon

(Also - I'm finding that this game kind of falls apart when all the players aren't actively posting. The mafia members can pretty much just sit and let everybody kill each other without having anybody focus on them; which is almost exactly what happened last game. Am I crazy or is this a flaw that usually comes up when playing this?)

SStrikerR
Sep 3, 2009, 11:00 AM
I remember somebody asked for a reason why I voted Ranomness. Well, when whoever it was posted the new story which basically told us to "get a move on", he told them to keep quiet. Does Randomness want more time? Why?

Randomness
Sep 3, 2009, 11:06 AM
Huh? Gentlemen isn't even part of the game.

SStrikerR
Sep 3, 2009, 11:14 AM
Still, some people might have hurried after reading that.
No, seriously, I just want this round to be over so I just put a random vote out there. Move along, this is not the townie/mafioso you're looking for.

Randomness
Sep 3, 2009, 11:20 AM
The other part was that he said he didn't want to play this time so he could keep his not-dead record. So I'm hoping Spike will do... "blah blah was lynched, oh, and Gentlemen was run over by a bus" or something.

SStrikerR
Sep 3, 2009, 11:25 AM
How can that happen? Spike's dead.

SStrikerR
Sep 3, 2009, 11:25 AM
:wacko:

astuarlen
Sep 3, 2009, 12:15 PM
The more I try to read between the lines here, the more I see sinister lurkers in every shadow. I get halfway through explaining why I think x points towards innocence when I think but, wait, that's just what the Russians want you to believe! Then I remember it's not 1961 anymore, and I can just chill out over the whole Cold War thing, because the Soviets are no longer scheming to lob giant balls of Siberian winter into our backyard.

Outrider: Vol and Crim got pretty testy after a while, though they'd seemed to have patched things up at first. Based on prior experiences (not with Mafia, necessarily--just in general), I'd say they're both inclined to misinterpret and drag things out and post slightly incomprehensibly. There are 4 possibilities here: both are Mafia, neither are Mafia, Crimsom is Mafia, or Vol is Mafia. Everyone, you're welcome for that explanation of the situation. Please deposit your thank you gifts on the side table.

I remember somebody asked for a reason why I voted Ranomness. Well, when whoever it was posted the new story which basically told us to "get a move on", he told them to keep quiet. Does Randomness want more time? Why?

Still, some people might have hurried after reading that.
No, seriously, I just want this round to be over so I just put a random vote out there. Move along, this is not the townie/mafioso you're looking for.

Without excluding Random's guilt, this doesn't make any sense. Prior to your vote, no one had yet voted for Random (Outrider joked in the beginning of the thread about it), so why would he be stalling for time? We'd want time to discover who the Mafia members were or derail a bandwagon (though it's damn hard to figure out who's who). The mafia would want time to rework a vote if they thought one of their members was in danger, or they might be hoping people would lose interest and not vote or throw their votes in for a "whatever" reason. Given that the Mafia are the only ones who actually know which side everyone's on and are more directly benefited by manipulating and confusing people, it seems the Mafia are more likely to either rush things to a conclusion or try to drag them out. Note: that's not to say everyone who complains things are taking too long is guilty; some of us just want to get this to the next round, when hopefully we'll have more information to go off of.

Now, since Mix had the most votes, it would only make sense for Random to contradict a call for resolution if both of them were Mafia and he wanted to protect Mix. In that case, we'd benefit more from keeping the pressure on Mix, because if we divide our votes the Mafia can step in and shape things at their will. Notice how easy it was for them to take out one Townie after another last game? If we don't get them all, they can keep picking us off.

Damn, wall of text.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 12:15 PM
With sstriker now having actually posted, I can reply to this.

Striker and Lance's posts surprise me, too, but I don't know that they scream Mafia to me. Striker voting for Randomness without any explanation doesn't convince anyone to vote for/become suspicious of Random, and it doesn't put Random closer to getting lynched because that's the first vote he got. Same with Lance voting for Nitro.

On the other hand, they could be spreading out votes to stall for time because they are Mafia, and they fear momentum is building to lynch one of their sinister friends. Who has the most votes-to-kill right now? Mix has 4, and Vol is the runner-up for Miss Suspicious USA with 2 votes. Perhaps Lance and/or Striker are trying to get us tangled up again arguing, thereby buying time/the ability to manipulate the vote and win with a small margin (it's like French politics: throw 10 candidates in there, and the winner will be the one with the most rabid base of supporters--not necessarily the best choice). One or both, seeing a fellow member of the Family about to be exposed, could be using such a strategy.

I'm still committed to my Mix vote, but I want to put what I'm thinking out there for consideration.

You're right, it wouldn't cause anyone to vote Randomness or Nitro, nor cause anything to click, which would also defeat your second reason, that they were doing it to diffuse a mafia buddy. If they wanted to protect someone through a vote, they'd stack it onto someone that already has votes for them that they knew to be town.

They didn't do anything to get people tangled, they essentially voted no-votes with no backing, and said they wanted the round to end. Either they'd be Mafia (shortened rounds + urging people to finish up is pro-Mafia/anti-Town) or just very bad, very inexperienced Town. Unfortunately if they are Town it'll have to chalk to inexperience, but they certainly aren't protecting anyone. Well, Lance certainly isn't now anyways.

The one I'm currently having thoughts on actually, is yourself.
Mostly because it seems like that's the realization you'd have had, or at least mention, rather than the more obscure possibility you've given. Similarly to how many of your posts have been this round. I can see some of the deadzones that, as a Maf, have to be walked around, or believed that they have to be walked around to avoid errant thoughts. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone will really see it having not played both sides yet, so it'll likely be a wasted vote, this phase, anyways.

For now, Vote: Astuarlen

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 12:18 PM
Well, you having posted while I was working on that, I was thinking I might have to retract, but it seems the same reasoning is still there in part.

If they wanted to stop me getting lynched, they wouldn't toss a vote on someone new with no backing, they'd pile it onto someone else with votes already with no backing.

SStrikerR
Sep 3, 2009, 12:20 PM
Well, as it was pointed out, 1 vote for randomness won't do anything. Vote: Astuarlen.

SStrikerR
Sep 3, 2009, 12:22 PM
So, who hasn't posted this round yet? I feel like we're missing people. And who has posted, but only once/twice?

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 12:27 PM
Well, as it was pointed out, 1 vote for randomness won't do anything. Vote: Astuarlen.

[spoiler-box]
http://www.holamun2.com/legacy/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/jesus-statue.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

astuarlen
Sep 3, 2009, 12:30 PM
Nooo, I am so not getting into a bit-posts-people-won't-read fight with you Mix--not the least because I've been spending way too much time in here--but I just want to clarify that I don't think Lance and Striker stand out as Mafia.

But their posts did get us talking, didn't they precisely because they didn't seem to make any sense. I'm not obsessed enough yet to go back and check what the vote tallies were as of their posting, but I think you and Vol were the only ones with multiple votes, so their choices were mainly people-with-no-votes or people-with-one-vote (ok, wait, I think Crimsom had 2 votes before Striker changed his, so it he was Mafia it would have made sense to stick with Crimsom if he wanted to do him in).
So I don't think it's entirely fair to say my half-assed theory is only quarter-assed.

Now I'm sure you're going to come back and tell me my latest and greatest crackpot theory doesn't hold water. Boo. I don't believe in vast government conspiracies, so this game is all I've got.

Anyway, maybe I should create a full-disclosure rating system for everything I say--like, this post is a 4 on the Aliens-Built-the-Pyramids scale, and this other post is a 9.

astuarlen
Sep 3, 2009, 12:32 PM
MIX GOOD JOB GETTING YOUR CRONY TO VOTE FOR ME!! Aaaaah! *runs around like a headless chicken*

Aliens-Build-the-Pyramids: 8

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 12:41 PM
Well... I don't intend to get lynched lying down. I need to be standing for that.

MIX GOOD JOB GETTING YOUR CRONY TO VOTE FOR ME!! Aaaaah! *runs around like a headless chicken*

Aliens-Build-the-Pyramids: 8

Actually I have a feeling he helped you out more than he helped me. Alas.

Anyways, they likely would've voted Crims back then... they did before they would've been likely to diffuse off me, which was mostly my point. Whether it was your speculation or not, it seemed like people could have run with it easily, hence why I needed to dispel that one in particular. It just took a while because I wanted to hear back from sstriker's reasoning department (he had put four people up as suspects earlier in the thread, and then voted Randomness when Randomness wasn't one of his suspects).

CrimsomWolf
Sep 3, 2009, 12:50 PM
Okay, let me just chime in.

This is possibly showing my naivety with the game and how much I suck at it, but:

Don't vote for Mixfortune.

I'm looking at his posts, and having read a huge chunk of this thread through in one sitting, I'm really not seeing him as Mafia. I can see how somebody might read into that, but I think the "exasperated explanations of game mechanics and strategy"posting style lends itself more to somebody who is trying to help than otherwise.

I'm not saying he's not Mafia - but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt here. If I'm wrong and he's trying to kill us, I'll be very upset and he won't be invited to my birthday party (where there will be not one, but two clowns.)

I'm really hoping that Vol and Crimson aren't just dicking around for four pages, though knowing how they generally are, I wouldn't be entirely surprised.

Still:

I don't think Vol was trying to hide anything before. I'm having a hard time seeing him as some sort of criminal mastermind.

I can believe that Crimson is trying to cause trouble, as he has a penchant for trying to show that he's the smartest person in the thread, and "hey! what's smarter than outsmarting everybody?" HOWEVER - this is his first time playing the game and as such, he might just be paranoid. Still, he seems far too focused on something as insignificant as Vol's mistakes - I've got to go with my gut on this one and say I'm voting for Crimson.

Feel free to post your arguments, though; I'm willing to be proved wrong.

Vote: Crismon

Being accused by him, I flew back with few nitpicks I could find - which lead to a four page Flying Circus. Back then, I couldn't find any "hard evidence" so I focused on those little details. He defended himself, I accepted that and tried to move past, withdrawing my suspicious.

Then Mix came along and entire thing flew back to life.

He started analyze the whole thing, I replied, and we had Flying Circus again.

To me, either he's Mafia all along, and is trying to divide us along rifts that each of our arguments create, or his logical over-analysis side coming at worst possible time.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 12:53 PM
Then Mix came along and entire thing flew back to life.

This again? I'm not even going to bother disproving it again if it's still your only proof against me.

SStrikerR
Sep 3, 2009, 12:55 PM
(he had put four people up as suspects earlier in the thread, and then voted Randomness when Randomness wasn't one of his suspects).Those were just notes, not suspects. Unless I made another post, but whatever. Everyday we get more posts, and my suspicions change. I'm not very good at this game yet.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 3, 2009, 12:57 PM
T

Only adding to what I've said before.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 12:57 PM
Those were just notes, not suspects. Unless I made another post, but whatever. Everyday we get more posts, and my suspicions change. I'm not very good at this game yet.

That wasn't bad in and of itself, it's just why I asked for your reasoning is all.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 12:58 PM
I'm not really sure why Crims is repeated his points that I clearly refuted. Maybe he forgot or really didn't read them like he said he did? Or at least he never actually attempted counter them.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 12:59 PM
attempted to counter*

CrimsomWolf
Sep 3, 2009, 01:02 PM
I've read it.

I should note that not just Townsfolk can read it. It might be a guideline to your more inexperienced mafia members in as to how blend in with the town.

astuarlen
Sep 3, 2009, 01:02 PM
I know ast enough to figure she'd at least read it, so much so that if I wanted to threaten her, it'd be more evident in the body, not some warning label.

Gasp!
And I found this in his kitchen:

[spoiler-box]http://www.shopnzip.com/images/products/large/my-162.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Oh, what was I doing snooping around Mr. Mixfortune's house? Why, leaving him a delicious plate of cookies as a surprise--and they weren't even spiked with anything!

Maybe Outrider's right about you Mix. Maybe. And maybe you just kidnapped his favorite pet alpaca and are holding Mr. Fluffkins hostage as a guarantee for Outrider's cooperation.

Aliens did build the pyramids! I saw it with me own eyes!

CrimsomWolf
Sep 3, 2009, 01:03 PM
It doesn't have to be of course, but again they can.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 3, 2009, 01:03 PM
I was reffering to what I've said earlier, before astuarlen posted.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 3, 2009, 01:08 PM
Finally, I'm seeing you as being too keen on playing the game one way - your way.

And using just one method to fight off mafia is doomed - sooner or later somebody of them will find a way to counter it and then, we will be royally fucked.

Lance813
Sep 3, 2009, 01:09 PM
Jesus Christ, I'm burnt out from this thread... I'm going to try and recollect myself today, but I'll be on tonight.

To add to what Ast said earlier, I did change my vote as well. He only reason I did vote Nitro in the first place is because I was a lil'bit suspicions and I wanted to throw another name out there for consideration. I didn't realize that it was only going to add to this threads angst and confusion.

I'll be back later, don't kill yourselves while I'm away. :wacko:

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 01:55 PM
Finally, I'm seeing you as being too keen on playing the game one way - your way.

And using just one method to fight off mafia is doomed - sooner or later somebody of them will find a way to counter it and then, we will be royally fucked.

But that's what everyone does. The difference is, I'm more direct with my warnings on what I'd consider suspicious gameplay, and I realize this is some people's first game so I'm giving them some leeway before voting for them. If said activity is still continued, then yeah I'd vote.

You're saying this is much worse than those who don't give the ability to 'fix' what they find suspicious before they vote. Would it have been better if I just voted? I doubt it.

It's not my way or the highway, it's "this is very mafia-like, is this your intention?" before I cast them out. I'm tired of the "this guy is suspicious so I'll find reasons to keep on him no matter what he says" over the "wait... he said something that actually fits in with him being town in conjunction with what other people said and played, gee." But I could play that way too if we want to lose.

Also if you have an issue with my past defenses, bring up reasons why (yes, gasp, I'm telling you how to play, because this is how I play), and not parroting what I already refuted.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 01:59 PM
Although you did mention it might've been directions to inexperienced mafia. Mafia that would've been so inexperienced that they would've needed such direction, but experienced enough to tell that it was a direction?

Baffling.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 3, 2009, 02:07 PM
You don't need to be experienced to read those directions.

It's sufficient for them to read the thread, see other, less experienced people getting pointers from you, as to how they would be able to "fix" their mistakes and play more properly.

All they need to do is read through that.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 02:15 PM
Yes but the line in question was in the midst of a massive wall of text. And from the angle of a Mafia directive, that's very subtle and a bit of a stretch if you try and read it in that light. It just wouldn't be applicable unless I knew I'd have to use it, and that's near impossible with how the thread turned out unless you were in on it as well... does that even make sense?

Mafia plans at the beginning of the phase, they can't change it up like that. I'd have had to predict, before the game ever started, that you and Vol would do what you did, and burn massive prediction planning on people just pointing at me, not even voting for me?

If I were that psychic I sure wouldn't need to do that.
I think anyone can see how much of a stretch that is.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 02:18 PM
Also keeping in mind that it was a stretch in the first place that it was a threat to those who were pointing at me (your own resolution) instead of the "I didn't want this massive strategy post to go to waste if no one reads it and I get mobbed and it might be useful even after I'm dead" defense I gave.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 3, 2009, 02:24 PM
In light of that, yes it looks a bit far-fetched.

But it might be an improvisation. You saw us arguing over well... hot air? And saw that as an opportunity to make some confusion - pointing out what I did wrong, what Vol did wrong, why is it wrong and then posted a big block of text with additional evidence for what you're saying.

That's purely hypothetical but:
The "instruction-making" might have been a spur-of-the-moment thing.

See, there's that thing called improvisation - From what you've just said, it appears that you're thinking that all mafia is going along the same plan - they might not, nothing stops them from suddenly changing their strategy.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 3, 2009, 02:27 PM
I admit, the "instruction" argument does not make much sense now (I didn't noticed your second post, before I posted.)

CrimsomWolf
Sep 3, 2009, 02:31 PM
But your "good Samaritan effort" as it was put sure confused a lot of people - and make less experienced players more open to attack by mafia, as they would struggle against their original lines of defense/offense and what you've pointed out.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 02:33 PM
I can see how instruction making could be used as a Day Phase means to bring newer Mafia back in line before they get suspicious, but your problem then should be with my general use of it, not that particular line.

I'll give you this since you're on a decent track but not quite: if I were Mafia giving directions to other Mafia, it's to not make them suspicious before they even have a finger pointed at them. Otherwise it's a waste to come from that angle, and would actually hurt us (were I mafia) more.

The two of you made enough confusion as it was, to be honest. Why then would I step in first if I knew people found not only "Mixfortune" a danger, but my walls-of-text pick-aparts frustrating enough to potentially vote me out of spite (this didnt really happen, but it's certainly a risk of that time)

I guess it still won't make sense in the first Day Phase, but the instruction giving was very Town. I don't think that'll make a good defense on its own, and I certainly dont expect it to. It's more an "if I die and end up Town, don't screw yourselves over in the coming Days"

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 02:35 PM
The whole Good Samaritan trainer I think is throwing people off because I wasn't Town last game and it's their first time seeing it :wacko:

CrimsomWolf
Sep 3, 2009, 02:43 PM
Indeed, "town-helping" does not look like something a mafia would do, especially if they happen to inserted it into a big confusion,(making it even bigger) and getting others potentially hostile to them out of spite.

Plus, it would be likely it would make townies more of a challenge later on.

But, at the same time, it might be a ruse. An elaborate one and risky - but potentially highly effective: as it might leave at least some mafia out of future suspects.

If you're helping to defeat an enemy, it's not likely you'll be suspected as you're the enemy's enemy... but at the same time it's a perfect cloak to lay low and strike when the time is nigh. Sleeper cell-in-command kinda thing.

EDIT: added "not" in first line.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 02:51 PM
Well, yes, everything can be a ruse. Similarly to anything you say or anything else says.
The key is finding the weakest ruses first. The more Mafia gets lynched earlier on, the easier it will be to close around the final ones. The bigger ruses start to fall apart over the course of days, factoring in who the night kill is as well in context of all the days before it. It takes a long time, yes, but it's easier.

I know it may seem like I'm only saying this to save my own ass, but if you think too hard about and potentially trick yourself into what may be some awesome mind-blowing ruse, and the person ends up Town, well, damn, welcome to massive self-doubt.

I mean, it IS possible I've been Mafia this whole time and I set some this awesome wall full of defenses for predicted attacks with my own Mafia army that I can twist at will to cover my ass from all angles. I really wish I was that good.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 3, 2009, 02:59 PM
There's always possibility one of us is mafia, neither is, or we both are.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 3, 2009, 03:01 PM
I'm not saying it's all a ruse, but that it's suspicious to me - and what can we really base our votes on? No matter how well we analyze, it always get down to who you think is most suspected....

This is why mafia has the advantage. They may be half-eyed at worst, but we are blind.

Outrider
Sep 3, 2009, 03:55 PM
Holy crap, this game is never going to happen.

Volcompat321
Sep 3, 2009, 03:59 PM
That's why I backed off.
There was too much revolving around myself and Crim.
I'll take whatever comes to me, but that whole argument was ridiculous.
I think I posted enough for people to see who I am.
If not, I'll take whatever I get.
This is not me giving up, this is me trying to help get the game rolling, so we can figure out who's who.
My vote remains-
Vote:Crimson
for reasons I've already stated about 200 pages ago.
(obviously not literally 200)

CrimsomWolf
Sep 3, 2009, 04:18 PM
Likewise, this thing has to start.

I've already made my vote and it is:

True, using his "gameplay" hints as tools for mafia was a dead end.
Yet he keeps hinting that he's invaluable to Town a little too much to be good. Which, isn't.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 04:38 PM
19 pages isn't really much for the first day on a Mafia game.
But, so be it. Town's going to have a hard time winning on this board if 20 pages is too long.

Volcompat321
Sep 3, 2009, 04:43 PM
Not that it's too long, but on the first day, and no one seems to have any idea who's who.
I'm sure we can take another 4 days to figure it out, but then where would that leave the rest of the game?
To be honest, I don't want to have to read through 75 pages towards the end to see what people said in the past. Because if it goes the same way as it is now, there will easily be 75 pages.
When there's that much, we will have to go back and see what people said in the past, unless you have a damn good memory.

Volcompat321
Sep 3, 2009, 04:43 PM
I've voted, it's staying the same almost no matter what anyone says.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 04:51 PM
That's the point of the game...

Volcompat321
Sep 3, 2009, 04:55 PM
75 pages for day one? :wacko:

Volcompat321
Sep 3, 2009, 04:56 PM
To stay true to the game, like I said, I voted, it's staying that way until I see a reason for it to change.
I have almost no new info to contribute as of now anyway. I'll be keeping up, reading and re-reading everyone's posts to make sure I've made the right decision.

Outrider
Sep 3, 2009, 04:59 PM
19 pages isn't really much for the first day on a Mafia game.

And that's pretty much exactly why I generally don't play these forum games.

If it continues at this pace, I might just remove myself from the game.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 05:02 PM
75 pages for day one? :wacko:

Considering that it took what, 7 pages last game before someone even voted a Mafia correctly at all, and almost 10 pages before there was a wagon on one?
Last game the Town didn't get a single Mafia at all, and that was about 12 pages, with night kills to work off of.

It's just odd to see Town wondering how in the hell they're supposed to snag Mafia correctly, and then get edgy when the game seems to be carrying on. I don't get it.

Volcompat321
Sep 3, 2009, 05:07 PM
Hey, I love that it's going on this much, but for people that aren't posting, they will be lost, mafia or townie, because they're not keeping up with the game.
I'm glad to see this taking off, I'm actually having lots of fun with it.

Nai_Calus
Sep 3, 2009, 05:07 PM
Mix is so mafia it makes my eyes bleed, with his 'this is me being friendly and helpful and stretching as long as I can to try to throw suspicion off of me'. He keeps going on about how he's vital to the townies, but I can't help feeling it's more that he feels he's vital to his mafia cohorts.

Still feeling it on Crimson, though not as hard, and Ast also is coming across more and more mafia with the way she's talking.

My vote remains for myself for now, however.

Volcompat321
Sep 3, 2009, 05:11 PM
Actually, Mix never once said that he's vital to the townies, he just stated that the information he gave could be good advice(in other words).
Also, why are you voting for yourself?

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 05:13 PM
Figure I'd toss in something extra to at the least offer insight instead of playing defensively the whole time.

Unless Mafia's waiting for another Town vote to collapse me and ease suspicion of a wave, there almost nearly has to be at least some Mafia voting for me now. Because otherwise I would be dead. I'm three away and it'd be fairly easy for them to swarm me with none quite the wiser.

I'm not necessarily accusing all these, but this info might be of use later.

Those currently voting for me:

astuarlen
Crimsomwolf
Lance
PwNer
and Randomness

At least one (but I'd honestly wager at least two) of these are Mafia. It seems highly unlikely, no, impossible, that Mafia would wait until someone collects 5 Town votes and not take any sort of action when they're three away to lynch.

This is not a defense or accusation at this time. I'm not using it to try and infer I'm Town, but if I get lynched and end up Town, please take these into consideration.
Normally I'd be more cautious in this list, but I've been vulnerable a long time and haven't been finished off. I'm betting it's by lack of appropriate numbers left to seal it.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 05:15 PM
Mix is so mafia it makes my eyes bleed, with his 'this is me being friendly and helpful and stretching as long as I can to try to throw suspicion off of me'. He keeps going on about how he's vital to the townies, but I can't help feeling it's more that he feels he's vital to his mafia cohorts.

Still feeling it on Crimson, though not as hard, and Ast also is coming across more and more mafia with the way she's talking.

My vote remains for myself for now, however.

I'll be honest, you're not in any real position to be harping my playstyle this round.
I seriously hope you're not Town.

Nai_Calus
Sep 3, 2009, 05:15 PM
Then again, voting for myself is exactly the odd sort of thing that Mix would capitalize on if he were mafia... Unless he's deliberately ignoring it because he feels it makes me look guilty and might later get heat off of him, or is sacrificing himself for the mafia and wants to leave it looking bizzare.

As for why I'm self-voting, it's not actual apathy, but more of a neutral choice. I don't have enough information yet, and almost certainly won't this day phase, to vote in a way that's actually helpful to the town, so I'm trying to do as little harm as possible in voting for myself. Mix heavily smells of mafia to me, but then, it could also be over-exposure - We see the most of him, and, desperate for clues, start reading ill intent into what he says hoping to find mafia.

It's frustrating. But, yeah, neutral self-vote.

Lance813
Sep 3, 2009, 05:18 PM
Because this game is turning into a cock-tease.

$20 says that mafia aren't even posting.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 05:20 PM
I also want to know who seriously thinks 'trying to throw suspicion off yourself when you're getting voted for' is an indicator of being Mafia or Town. Like depending on if I'm one or the other is supposed to make me more likely to just lay down and die without defending myself.

astuarlen
Sep 3, 2009, 05:23 PM
And that's pretty much exactly why I generally don't play these forum games.

If it continues at this pace, I might just remove myself from the game.

Suicide pact?
Honestly, I jumped into this one expecting to have some fun with a bunch of people tossing around suggestions, but then I was getting too serious and it's just been tiring circular discussions among a few of us.

Instead, I think we should all chill out and have a barbecue. Who likes fried chicken?
Vote: astuarlen

Hell, the Maf is going to take me out early, anyway, like the last game, so at least everyone will get refreshments at the end. Start up the boiling oil, Chef!

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 05:24 PM
Then again, voting for myself is exactly the odd sort of thing that Mix would capitalize on if he were mafia... Unless he's deliberately ignoring it because he feels it makes me look guilty and might later get heat off of him, or is sacrificing himself for the mafia and wants to leave it looking bizzare.

Now we're starting to imply I may or may not be guilty based on things I haven't even said?

My stance on self-voting is it certainly doesn't help the Town, but since it's your only vote on you, it's not really "Anti-Town". It's not really anything as is, so yes, a neutral vote.

There's starting to get a lot of words being put into my mouth though, which I don't really care for.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 05:31 PM
..aaand it seems people don't really care about anti-town and such anyways.
Well whatever, seems my playstyle's starting to kill it.
As such, I'll just stop defending myself. If my past defenses aren't enough I'm likely beyond saving now anyways.

Have a fun quick rest of the game.

Randomness
Sep 3, 2009, 05:35 PM
This is what, the third day of this round? Ugh... needs to end already. Its getting pretty boring.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 05:36 PM
I change my Vote: Crimsomwolf because I'm a big meanie.

astuarlen
Sep 3, 2009, 05:37 PM
Aww, chin up, Mixfortune. We're maybe just messing around.
We could really use some fresh meat in here, though--I'm thinking maybe a golden calf or two, set up a fire pit and roast 'em up good.

Pre-post edit because I refreshed: Mix, will you deny my suicide wish? What the hell happened to dying with indignity?! I have a right to death panels, you know.

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 05:42 PM
Yeah, if anyone gets to suicide, it's me. Don't worry, just be out there a bunch next Day phase and you can too. And get beautiful golden pillars of manliness tans at the same time!

Tact
Sep 3, 2009, 06:38 PM
The next day, Tact is found dead on the floor of the B4R. His/Her head has exploded from all this information and guesswork. :wacko:

Randomness
Sep 3, 2009, 06:46 PM
The next day, Tact is found dead on the floor of the B4R. His/Her head has exploded from all this information and guesswork. :wacko:

We need Spike in here :disapprove:

Mixfortune
Sep 3, 2009, 06:48 PM
We need Spike in here :disapprove:

Cmon, there's still enough active members here to fill a lynch.
Stop complaining about it taking too long and do something.

Randomness
Sep 3, 2009, 06:49 PM
Like what? Pretty much everyone who's posting has made up their mind, the problem is all the people who haven't/have barely posted.

PwNeR
Sep 3, 2009, 07:44 PM
I agree. I have to post more.

But anyways, this long round is to be expected?

I just read from the last time I posted to here. Something caught my attention, but I don't think it's enough to change my vote. A few pages ago, Nai clearly called out Mix on being mafia. Why so certain? But maybe it's a facade to hide their identity...

Randomness
Sep 3, 2009, 07:46 PM
Well, in the last game, Spike eventually ended one of the days and went with the plurality vote.

In any case, we've had fairly static votes.

SStrikerR
Sep 3, 2009, 08:00 PM
So how many votes does each person have at this point? I've lost track.

Randomness
Sep 3, 2009, 08:03 PM
I think its like 4 or 5 for mix, and 3 or 4 for crimson, I don't know exactly.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 3, 2009, 08:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlahvvymkxc

PwNeR
Sep 3, 2009, 08:30 PM
I think Mix has 5.

SpikeOtacon
Sep 3, 2009, 09:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWzVpi7pbps

Alright, I've looked over all of the posts and retractions and alphabet soup of posts that we've accumulated so far. I'm going to call it and say that Mixfortune has majority vote, and call it a phase.

Mixfortune's always had many a bad pun spun with his name, and unfortunately his parting story will not be without one. Today, the Wheel of Mixfortune™ spun and landed on his fate: Death by Cement. And not just the shoes! The rabid yet tired landfillers took Mixfortune and threw him directly into the cement mixer itself! What a mix-up!

Mixfortune was a Townie. The game will now move on to the next night phase. No one may post in this thread until the next day phase.

Also as a new rule to make readability easier on me in the event another 20+page cross examination pops up: I want everyone to make sure they stick to the "Vote: Username" rule, however whenever you vote, make sure that the vote is separated from any walls of text, that way I can spot the bold even more. My eyes tend to start glazing over after so many walls of text.

Another thing I want all players to abide by is if you are retracting your vote, I'd like you to type "Retraction: Username" and keep it separated like you would a vote. I only ask that we do this so that I can stop ripping my hair out (or up (http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9448/philspectorhead.jpg)) trying to keep up with too many flip flops. Thanks guys and gals!

Volcompat321
Sep 4, 2009, 12:26 AM
Mix, I love you! :(
You will be mourned and not forgotten :(

SpikeOtacon
Sep 5, 2009, 02:41 AM
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/mcmanmeat/Left4Bread/radioradioradio.jpg

Good morning, good morning, gooooood morning! Today, some Whalers off of the coast of the landfill have reported finding a human body floating in the waters. The ship's Captain, Ahab, reported that on their way to finding the white whale, his men who were breaking their backs and cracking their oars, discovered the body at 2:04 AM. The body was identified by the city police chief as Leviathan, a member of the landfill. There were bite marks similar to that of a shark found on her body, but as to how she got them, or was put in the water to begin with, remains a mystery.

More at 11.

It is now the day phase, all players may post in the thread again.

PwNeR
Sep 5, 2009, 09:06 AM
Whoops... I made a mistake voting for Mix.

But anyways, am I the only one here right now?

Randomness
Sep 5, 2009, 09:16 AM
No, but it IS Saturday morning. People sleep in.

astuarlen
Sep 5, 2009, 12:32 PM
That was a pretty big mistake, Mr. PwNeR, one which I wou--oh, cocks.
So, I guess I'm 0 for 2 on the Evildoer Elimination thing, and now we're down by a total of two.

Perhaps we'll be able to flush out some Family members this round, though, now that we have new info. My vast rightwing conspiracy conjectures are a total write-off, but I won't be put off the scent--just more cautious and sensitive to what others are saying.
Now that we've shot ourselves in the foot/established Mix was on our side (you can stop looking smug now, Mix-defenders), it's clear he wasn't running interference for anyone. Can we tie this in with Levi's death somehow? Random kill? Revenge kill? Undercutting the competition in the jeans market (anyone work for Wrangler?)?

Duly noted on the formatting front, O Spectral Spike.
Nice job rushing in their after curfew, Vol.

Randomness
Sep 5, 2009, 01:03 PM
That was a pretty big mistake, Mr. PwNeR, one which I wou--oh, cocks.
So, I guess I'm 0 for 2 on the Evildoer Elimination thing, and now we're down by a total of two.

Perhaps we'll be able to flush out some Family members this round, though, now that we have new info. My vast rightwing conspiracy conjectures are a total write-off, but I won't be put off the scent--just more cautious and sensitive to what others are saying.
Now that we've shot ourselves in the foot/established Mix was on our side (you can stop looking smug now, Mix-defenders), it's clear he wasn't running interference for anyone. Can we tie this in with Levi's death somehow? Random kill? Revenge kill? Undercutting the competition in the jeans market (anyone work for Wrangler?)?

Duly noted on the formatting front, O Spectral Spike.
Nice job rushing in their after curfew, Vol.

Mafia has no curfew :wacko:. (Not an accusation, or anything)

Honestly, did Leviathan even post that much?

Tessu
Sep 5, 2009, 01:13 PM
After not being able to follow along with the explosion that was last round due to computer problems and school, Tess is back in business for round two. Just wanted to say "Hi, guys!" because I don't have anything to contribute yet since I have no clue what went on for the last 23 pages.

Lance813
Sep 5, 2009, 01:35 PM
Levi? What the fuck. haha. That's classic.

Randomness
Sep 5, 2009, 01:59 PM
Levi? What the fuck. haha. That's classic.

Actually, now that you mention it... that was a rather ironic way to go.

PwNeR
Sep 5, 2009, 02:26 PM
So anyways, let's get on with the game.

Anybody seem suspicious last round? Nai screamed suspicion at me.

astuarlen
Sep 5, 2009, 02:42 PM
I don't know about Nai. At first he smelled vaguely of eau-de-trout, but his latest posts sounded pretty sincere. Last game (as Mafia) he was much more theatrical about mourning every Town death and generally seemed to be trying too hard to look harmless (then again, if you're conscious of your own behavior, it shouldn't be too difficult to change it if your role changes).

Voting for yourself (seriously, rather than as a joke) doesn't actively help us root out Mafia, but it doesn't advance the Mafia's goal of killing Townies either. Unless it's part of a long-term strategy to appear innocent, Nai voting for himself doesn't look terribly Mafiaesque to me (I'm not going to go down the twisted it's a triple-blind reverse psychology mind game road again this round, because it hasn't proved helpful). Those pansy elf gods are real peaceniks, besides.

PwNeR
Sep 5, 2009, 03:28 PM
It's not him voting for himself that I found suspicious, it was the fact that he called out Mix with so much confidence.

Check Page 20 to see what I mean.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 5, 2009, 03:32 PM
Mix was a Townie? Oh shit.

I'd say Vol voting after curfew would be suspicious, then I just realized he wasn't reading and remembering rules. So it's nothing to call people over. Except stupid

But PwNer, you look like you're just itching to kill Townies, what with jumping on Mix with his long-winded posts. Not to mention, posting at (my) 7 o' clock in the morning? Early bird gets the worm, it seems. Planting the symphony seeds of destruction so early.

Rebuttal is go.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 5, 2009, 04:03 PM
Well, dammn.

Guess I was wrong, but nobody is always right...

Now, Levi's gone.

PwNer seems a bit too twitchy, but he might just got up early and had an urge to post...

I dare say, whoever wears wrangler jeans is suspicious. And those who don't like subway.

Volcompat321
Sep 5, 2009, 04:48 PM
(Sorry, I was drunk when he changed days...)
I wasn't expecting Mix to die, he helped me lots, and I really thought either I or Crimson had more votes. :/
So far, I have nothing to contribute to this part of the game. I'm still taking this all in.
First Levi, now Mix. (or the other way around).

Pwner definitely looks suspicious after that last bit, because if he is Mafia, he would know Mix wasn't a Mafia, and he seemed eager to get rid of him.

That is it, for now.

astuarlen
Sep 5, 2009, 05:00 PM
It's not him voting for himself that I found suspicious, it was the fact that he called out Mix with so much confidence.

Check Page 20 to see what I mean.

I'm doing max posts-per-page so I only have 8 right now. I'm guessing you mean this, though:

Sure, he comes right out and says he thinks Mix is Mafia, but several of us thought Mix was Mafia. I liked Mix for Maf. You voted for Mix, which I assume implies to thought so, too.
For me, it's not clear either way.

I dare say, whoever wears wrangler jeans is suspicious. And those who don't like subway.

Hey, just because a girl or guy prefers a quality sandwich doesn't mean they're mixed up with the wrong sort. I can't think of a single sub chain I've patronized that doesn't offer better ingredients and better ingredient ratios.
Are you trying to distract me from the issue at hand, because don't think you're not still under suspicion, Crimsom.

My eyes, you. I'm making that I'm watching you gesture, FYI.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 5, 2009, 05:10 PM
I'm just pointing out observations. Levi didn't have too many, if at all, enemies in FKL.

Likewise tough, some people are awfully twitchy to judge here tough...

PwNeR
Sep 5, 2009, 06:51 PM
Let me explain myself.

Last round, I had no idea how this game worked, and I didn't get what happened. My vote for Mix was complete Randomness. (No pun intended) I read and barely knew what was happening except for the Crimsom/Vol debacle.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 5, 2009, 06:55 PM
My vote for Mix was complete Randomness. (No pun intended)
Vote:PwNeR.

PwNeR
Sep 5, 2009, 06:58 PM
Guh...

Randomness
Sep 5, 2009, 09:04 PM
Wow, Levi only made 2 posts total. Did vote last round though:

This is funny. I had a dream that I died first.

But I didn't.

Vote: Volcompat. He just seems to be able to jump to conclusions so much, something on your mind child?

Not that that helps us any in rooting out the mafia, unless we're supposed to think its a revenge killing. I'm going to hold to not assuming the Mafia is straight out of Death Note for now though... we're screwed if they are.

For now, I choose to observe. Nobody seems to have done anything suspicious so far.

Airalean
Sep 5, 2009, 09:40 PM
happened. My vote for Mix was complete Randomness. (No pun intended)
Thats why you capitalized randomness, amirite?

SStrikerR
Sep 5, 2009, 10:10 PM
PwNeR, not knowing what's going on doesn't mean you aren't mafia. I'm not going to be so hasty with voting like Nitro, (Vol all over again?) but I'm watching.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 5, 2009, 10:14 PM
Watching doesn't seem to help either. Because all you people did for 20 pages was watch.

Edit: Elaborating the whole damn time ended up in over-analysis, resulting in getting a townie killed.

SStrikerR
Sep 5, 2009, 10:24 PM
OMFG NITRO EDITED BURN HIM!
Oh c'mon I was more active than 3/4s of the other players, cut me some slack. I still honestly have no idea what to think now though. Might go back and read a few things.

Nai_Calus
Sep 6, 2009, 04:10 AM
Mix screamed mafia to me because his posts came across exactly the way to me that they came across last round, when he was in fact mafia. Over-analysis on both ends, him with the very long, sometimes difficult to read posts, me with 'well this is familiar how very mafia to hid behind walls of text'.

In the end though, yes, despite the suspicion, I wasn't quite sure enough to cast my vote for him, or for anyone else either, and consequently voted for myself as the least damaging possibility. *shrug*

PwNeR is suddenly fairly suspicious with jumping at the bit this round with little initial justification, and the 'well I didn't know what I was doing' thing.

Sure, the self-vote *could* be one of those Xanatos Gambit misdirection three-layers-deep reverse psychology mindgame things, but... Yeah, it's me. I don't think that deeply. I go 'ooh shiny dice' and get distracted too easily to pull anything like that off, rofl.

Still watching Crimson and Volcom after last round. I doubt *both* are mafia, but I think one or the other probably is.

Mafia is playing it safe this round, it seems. Levi hadn't posted much or made much of a nuisance of herself for the mafia(Unless of course her vote or a suspicion of hers was correct), and last time we took down people who were too smart for their own good a couple of times to make things easier for us, hence the hit on Astuarlen last time.

As for analyzing Levi as a mafia hit:

Levi's vote: Volcompat
Also mentioned as suspicious by Levi: Crimson
People who suspected Levi: Lance813, "Just the way her posts are.", though she'd only made two short posts.

Possible that all three are townies, but also highly likely that at least one is mafia.

Volcompat321
Sep 6, 2009, 04:34 AM
Just to let everyone know, I will be checking up on this thread, but my PC is kinda....almost broke...and I use my phone to type now, so if I don't post as much, please don't "suspect me to be Mafia, because I don't post that often".
I will be getting my laptop fixed asap, and will be posting, but if I don't post as much as usual, it's cause my phone is super slow compared to my laptop.
Also, I've read what everyone had to say, and so far nothing comes by me as guilty, so I have to keep reading, and wait for other posts before I can make my decision.
Although, someone brought up PwNeR and noted his ignorance wasn't an excuse to not being Mafia. I'll keep watching how this unfolds. For now, I'll keep an eye out for everyone.

Randomness
Sep 6, 2009, 01:58 PM
Well, if we keep with the ideas of last round, the fact that Levi's dead and voted for Vol does raise some questions. Though, yes, there was also suspicion of Crim... I think that its the vote that would weigh more in choosing to go for vengeance.

Still, thread's quiet, hard to analyze things this way.

*looks accusingly at Vol*

astuarlen
Sep 6, 2009, 02:59 PM
I wonder if several people aren't doing family things because it's Labor Day weekend. I'm trying to chill out with the posting here because these past few days I've been embarrassingly unproductive w/r/t things I need to get done. And I still haven't cleaned the bathroom yet. I don't suppose I could prevail upon someone here to do that for a few @s?

On tropic:
I'm finding my ability to gauge guilt frustrated by the relative infrequency with which some people are posting. I can't tell if they're limiting their exposure (out of sight, out of mind?) or just uninterested/busy. Even though I probably couldn't deal with too many more truly long posts, it seems the loss of Mix wasn't just bad for our side's ability to survive in the long run and pick out baddies, but also took out one of our active players.

Nai's observations on why the Mafia might've targeted Levi are reasonable. The shortest distance between Lev and death seems to be via Vol. Lance could've been sewing the seeds of suspicion there, but that doesn't seem to adequately explain why she'd be taken out of the picture. Crimsom, as I've mentioned before, is still suspicious, though I think Lev mentioning this doesn't give us much clue in either direction.

PwNeR, not knowing what's going on doesn't mean you aren't mafia. I'm not going to be so hasty with voting like Nitro, (Vol all over again?) but I'm watching.
Volcompat hasn't been exonerated (unless you already know something...?), so who knows if people were right in the first round. In fact, it took us a bajillion pages to come to the wrong verdict last time, so thus far there is no proof in slow or hasty pudding. (Sorry, I've just been wanting to say "hasty pudding" since I came across the phrase again yesterday.)

There's been a lot of "sorry, I don't know what's going on, but hey" in this thread, which isn't helping us figure our who's who. I don't want to come off as an unsympathetic jerkbutt (I know you've been sick, Tess, and the kiddies have school), but if you're Town and posting like that, you're not lending a hand in weeding out nasties. Don't just hang back and take it when the Mafia come knocking. Not that I've been particularly helpful, if I'm honest.

Now, Ronin's been conspicuously absent, and we seem to have lost contact with Outrider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhSYbRiYwTY

I'm predicting another long round, this time because everyone's being cautious.