PDA

View Full Version : PSU will we get the Mirage blast?

Akumamaru
Aug 31, 2009, 08:12 PM
it sounds really cool i just hope we get it in an update

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 31, 2009, 08:36 PM
If we do, it won't be for a very, very long time, and I wouldn't be surprised if the local servers don't even exist at that point.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 31, 2009, 08:50 PM
Doubt it. Sega is letting PSU die off. They won't make any more major game changes in this installment after the supplemental update. (I say we start calling it "V3" for time's sake.)

The_Brimada
Aug 31, 2009, 08:56 PM
Its Sega....

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 31, 2009, 09:54 PM
I think the better question is: Can we unlock it from the disc?

Squirrel3D
Aug 31, 2009, 10:08 PM
I totally forgot what Mirage blast is.....

(runs from the bricks being thrown at me)

Somnia
Aug 31, 2009, 10:19 PM
It's the new Human/Newman ability being added in PSP2.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 31, 2009, 10:31 PM
Its a Photon Blast like ability for humans and newmans. Think SUV for humans and newmans. Also, yea...Sonic Team is lettin PSU die off. I would guess sometime next year.

Phaesphora
Sep 1, 2009, 01:09 AM
Sounds like more work than the current subscriber base would pay for. I'm not 100% convinced it would never happen, but...

ashley50
Sep 1, 2009, 01:54 AM
The question is...

Will OP still be playing when it hits our servers? lol

Neith
Sep 1, 2009, 07:03 AM
I can see almost everything new in PSP2 getting added to PSU at some point. The question is when, and if the local servers will even be online at that time. I think it's likely that JP PSU will get the ability (along with dodging/charged shots etc) at some point though.

Tetsaru
Sep 1, 2009, 07:18 AM
I can't see this being implemented in PSU unless there's another expansion, and I don't see that happening anytime soon... unless somehow Segac surprises us in the supplemental update, but I seriously doubt it. I say PSU just needs to die off; give the new game a chance.

Arika
Sep 1, 2009, 07:30 AM
It is easy and hard at the same time for them to make PSPo2 as additional content online.

Easy part = they already have the content in PSPo2, and it is easy to port it here just like what they did on PSPo1.

Hard part = the new system they will have to adjust such as removing all weapon's PP will make a huge change. It effect including all the old weapons and status bar.

Dhylec
Sep 1, 2009, 08:57 AM
It is easy and hard at the same time for them to make PSPo2 as additional content online.

Easy part = they already have the content in PSPo2, and it is easy to port it here just like what they did on PSPo1.

Hard part = the new system they will have to adjust such as removing all weapon's PP will make a huge change. It effect including all the old weapons and status bar.
You kind of over-thought the situation. ;]
It doesn't have to be that big of a visual change - think of the supplement.

Pillan
Sep 1, 2009, 10:06 AM
I seriously doubt Sonic Team will give up on PSU, especially with all the potential the Guardian Cash system has in update expedience. (I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't think the constant stream of updates on both servers is a coincidence...) I expect we'll start hearing about a new PSU as soon as PSP2 is released in Japan which openly says that it will include everything in PSP2.

But what really interest me is how much everything would change with such an update. I mean, with the addition of a special ability, what happens to all the additional human and Newman perks such as mixed class bonuses, the Acro and PT bonuses, the extra GAS customization and the "legendary" Crea weaponry? Will the TP gap decrease so that a Cast force is now on par with a Newman hunter? Will the DFP gap become more noticeable? That rebalance interests me far more than the special abilities themselves because that's what will ultimately make or break their addition.

And what will the requirements for use be anyway? Will it be like a Nanoblast and have free use? Or will it require a head slot, preventing human and Newman from access to Har / Smart on techer classes? Or will it really be a Photon Blast and require the use of Mags to activate?

I personally would like to see them added just because it has such potential to be an all-around improvement on the game.

Omega-z
Sep 1, 2009, 05:09 PM
I wonder myself too, I`ve read on PSUpedia`s fourms about the JPN getting PSZ weps and PSP2 content and missions sometime in the future after the third Aunny. Event in Sept. NOW If ST stay true it is one thing... but say PSU is dead it`s to early for that(maybe here)but for the JPN version it still alive and kicking. ST must be updating the whole game It normal there not going to get out any more dics of online content it`s all download for them now, Except for handheld of course. Just think it going to be a Psobb again we get shut down and jpn laughing in our face for not being patient. that I believe 2012 is the support duration any ways there going to keep on give content until then we`ll just be a year behind that`s all so what rite since majority doesn`t really care about it any more. Well go ahead make fun at me but I think If we keep at it even at the down times no matter what it is we well still get everything by 2013 any ways. ST is listing to us and our reaction but not drectly like we what but more in the behind the sence action doing secret works that they have taken from there customer`s(which may take 2 year`s to do to bring out whatever they what that as close to everyone`s wishes. The SUD or supplemental update was actually ASKed to be put in before the game even lauched on either side so it`s not new It was waited for. So just saying Let`s see before making a death sentence on the game, Even tho ST is slow. Who know`s they mite surprise you lol. go ahead lol at me now it wont hurt my feelings it`s and opinion just like everyone else`s:)

JC10001
Sep 1, 2009, 05:23 PM
I think its much more likely that we will see a Phantasy Star Universe 2 released for the PS3/PC/360 at this point rather than a 2nd expansion or 2nd supplemental update.

Hopefully if they do that they will allow everyone to carry over their characters/PAs and/or let people play their characters offline like in PSO (I still think this is the main reason PSU never caught on as well as PSO... well that, and the whole locking off content thing).

Lance813
Sep 1, 2009, 05:25 PM
If I've learned one thing about ST and their games it is this: They can milk a game for so long it isn't even funny. Right now the PSU we play must be the equivalent of PSO v.2. Same as V.1 but with a little more content.

I don't have 'faith' in ST, I just know that they need to suck ass before they can do anything respectable with a new game.

autumn
Sep 1, 2009, 06:14 PM
I want to try all the 'improvements' made in PS:P2 before I decide it would be a good idea to make another PSU game with all of them implemented. I'm hoping for the Mirage Blast to be nifty though so humans and newmans quit getting the shaft.

Finae
Sep 1, 2009, 08:28 PM
Oh, you will see it as long as the population on the 360 side stays high. Its been ages since I last looked around on psu related forums, but I'm assuming the 360 population is still high. So that means whenever that guardian's cash becomes available, sega should be making a pretty penny.

If not, then sega will stop caring like they did with psobb, psogc, psodc, etc etc because well, they aren't really making much $ are they? Just make the 360 population like ps2/pc and thats when I would say no to this lol. Otherwise, its just going to take a good long time before you see it.

I kinda ponder though at some things if they do take forever. I mean, if Final Fantasy 14 made it on the 360, I think most players from psu would go to that lol, but its only ps3/windoze. So if I were sega, I would be releasing things a bit quicker since upcoming games may take a person's interest. Then again, some like giving sega 10 bux a month :P.

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Sep 1, 2009, 09:57 PM
Doubt it. Sega is letting PSU die off. They won't make any more major game changes in this installment after the supplemental update. (I say we start calling it "V3" for time's sake.)
BINGO!!! This man speaks the truth! LOL at you just figuring that out.

unicorn
Sep 1, 2009, 10:14 PM
Mirage Blast?

I can see it only being available off GAS. =P

Ethateral
Sep 2, 2009, 08:25 AM
I can never see it coming to the servers period, even for the Japanese. They're just now putting in dodge roll, shield blocking, etc into the Universe world? More precisely, PS:P2. It should've been on the console long ago.

Which is why I say that while PSU is still enjoyable for me, it's slowly dying. Sure, school has started up again. However, it seems e have less stars now on 360 than last year. :/

autumn
Sep 2, 2009, 10:09 AM
It likely does. I see posts here and on the official forums all the time about people who are tired of the game and are quitting or taking long breaks.

DAMASCUS
Sep 2, 2009, 10:55 AM
I wonder if they'll try to have Guardian Cash implemented before they continue with further updates. At this rate we are really close to that cliff...and PSP2 has given us a friendly nudge D:

3R
Sep 2, 2009, 04:41 PM
I would love they make a new expansion with all this new upcoming content and gameplay we are seeing for PSP2,

But I must say, I'd still prefer a whole brand new online console game using this portable2 as an introducing installment maybe, which I can see it coming. No PS2-based, better optmized, maybe giving us old PSU players some kind of reward, but no character transfer. After all, the time when you enjoy the most an online game is when everything is new and everyone is a noob starting from scratch, excited about anything they can find, IMO.

PSU's background story has a lot of potential to create many new titles as if they were different seasons of a series, as animeish as it is. I just hope they don't stick to portable systems.

Yusaku_Kudou
Sep 2, 2009, 04:43 PM
I think we might just see the game released on the consoles (PSP2) as Phantasy Star Universe 2... who knows. Hopefully we just get a whole new game with current-gen graphics.

ForteGunnerW
Sep 2, 2009, 05:26 PM
Hah, no one is going to play PSU after PSP2 There's online on it now, FOR FREE! xD. I dunno i'll probably quit when PSP2 is out here.

Gryffin
Sep 4, 2009, 03:13 AM
First post again in ages. But putting in my two cents, I feel we should get it, but I've always complained about not having a glowy-filly bar to use...

Group 935
Sep 5, 2009, 04:24 PM
It sounds really cool but umm... its sega.

Allison_W
Sep 5, 2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah, it's Sega.

At best, I'd buy that a few years later we might see a new version of PSU with such improvements included in a manner like the multiple separate versions of PSO that cropped up over the years (I mean, that alone had Dreamcast v1, v2, the first PC run, GameCube, Blue Burst, and I forget what else).