PDA

View Full Version : Sick and Tired

MeruAmura
Sep 3, 2009, 06:11 AM
So is anyone else here tired of seeing threads like this.

"Whats the best Weapon for a -Insert class here-"?

People like this have long sence lost the way of "Video Games" and stress to much. They are just as bad as elitists. I mean COMEON! How hard is it to just enjoy a game? Find what you like best and do it that way. PSO is not ment to be a compitition or anything it is a VIDEO GAME its FUN!. I hope in the future people will see this and not ask about things like that. There is no BEST weapons. There is no RIGHT setup. there is only what YOU like...sorry for the rant. Ive just been holding it in for a long time. Finally. If you must know what a BEST weapon even after reading this. We are on a web-site with every single bit of data possible. LOOK IT UP!.

Yueri
Sep 3, 2009, 07:57 AM
I've been saying this for along time - so I agree.

People who use weapons for looks or because they just like it, those are the people I respect.

Beat the final boss/ultimate enemy with your starter weapon THAT makes you a good player.
Not by wielding the best weapon.

But this is not accepted.
You must be playing by the "rule" of X class must have Y weapons, otherwise it is "go die n00b!1".
Pathetic!

*yawn* Hope I make sense.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 3, 2009, 08:52 AM
They do this so they can avoid being called a noob. No one wants a level 150 using a slicer+43. I'd totally do that though.

Video games are no longer meant for fun. Hell, they not have been even in the first place. Games are about winning and losing, and how NOT to play the game. This bleak outlook has become more apparent in recent years with things like the XBL Leaderboards and online stats kind of things. It's not like this is brand new or anything though, considering the arcades of yesteryear had plenty of outrageous I-just-spent-all-my-lunchmoney-in-quarters scores. The competition can be considered fun, if you feel like wasting all that time on something that will probably never get you recognized for anything.

The people who play like pros but still have fun doing so are the true gamers. The people who screw around and hardly get anything done because they're talking in lobbies with people, are still true gamers. Pros and community people are necessary to every game. Otherwise, it'd either be people screwing around all the time with no economy, or the whole game would be srs bidnuss. (Of course, there's still plenty of games like this on either end.)

DC_PLAYER
Sep 3, 2009, 09:33 AM
I do enjoy fun, i don't like ppl asking me to do things correctly every single time, but i don't mind doing it, not to mention i hate nobish actions alot more.

I do not consider getting beat and dying fun, i consider doing an area fast and doing it in a efficient way to be fun.
For example, i don't lose hp in forest or caves most of the times and i enjoy that, there is no fun losing HP in pso.
i don't see players using a saber from lvl 1 to lvl 200, they use other weapons because they can kill faster enemies with it, well guess what, i do that to?

That's why i use 4 IMPERIAL PICKS in my inventory, 1 for each area so i can be efficient, not only that but i also carry 4 red handguns and if a player has a weak equip then i can sacrifice one of my best weapons to help him out and i can give temporarily a mag so he can perform better, this will result in a smother and easier gameplay for everyone in the team, i hate players asking "revive pls" when they die in stupid ways.
Again, if you're not happy with the team you're in, then get out and make a new party, lock if necessary.

If a player dies, then i have to revive him because no one else will (and i'm a humar on top of that), this causes me to leave the attack for a few seconds, this can make a boss batle last longer and that increases the % of someone getting killed, it consumes more items, it consumes more tp and that anoys me because if alone i can do well then in a team i should perform atleast 2x better, but in some cases i perform worse and i can't do anything about that because i'm lvl 200 and suposed to help, i like helping, but the less work i have the happier i am with the player.

inb4playersaskingto/setlvlsotheycanlvlupinultimateruinsandthendyingeve ry3seconds

biggabertha
Sep 3, 2009, 09:50 AM
Battling with my ego is super fun though! And I want to compare my fairly proud ego with someone else's so I can feel better about myself so I ask other people what kind of egos THEY have and in turn, I can see if my ego will grow or shrink..!

Errr... horrible images aside...

I just can't determine if I'm like this or unlike this. On the one hand, I want the best of everything, I want to be efficient and I want to look good whilst doing it too. Not just to me but on an outward appearance too.

I'm so very easily influenced too - if I hear someone I don't know say that X ability/weapon/armour is worthless, I will take it for face value and just believe it to be worthless. :disapprove:

On the other hand though, I play Magic: The Gathering in totally the wrong way: with cards that I like rather than cards that are good/efficient/stronger.

*Plays Serra Angel for 3WW even though there are at least two MUCH better 4/4 Flying Angels out there*

Amazing thing, this ego thing is, heh heh.

Anyone beating Mythe's Adventure in Unlimited Saga without Reverse Delta, Acupuncture, Bopeep or Raksha is respectable in my book..! :wacko:

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 3, 2009, 03:17 PM
this is such a truth all of it. i pretty get practically all my stuff 4 looks.

ViewtifulJoe
Sep 3, 2009, 03:39 PM
I have always thought hackers are the most soulless people on this game. I mean, PSO isn't WoW, there aren't that many levels or quests to do. PSO is about the hunt for weapons. I play PSO for a few reasons: I like having formidable, high level characters that I built myself and figured out for myself (with weapons I found myself), I like training low level characters and seeing them become better and better because of the items I found and can supply them with, I like playing hard levels with high lvl characters and breezing through (though that gets old), and I love the thrill of finding new weapons that I've never found before and using them for the first time. This last reason is why I hate hackers, not because they have weapons illegitimately, but because they are removing the thrill of the game. The same goes for people who want their hand held through the parts of the game where the most fun comes in stumbling through and figuring it out for yourself.

Volcompat321
Sep 3, 2009, 04:06 PM
Read this by Tetsaru, it's almost the same thing, but not. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164930)

AC9breaker
Sep 3, 2009, 05:04 PM
I will break into your thoughts
With what's written on my heart
I will break, break

I'm so sick,
Infected with where I live
Let me live without this
Empty bliss,
Selfishness
I'm so sick
I'm so sick

If you want more of this
We can push out, sell out, die out
So you'll shut up
And stay sleeping
With my screaming in your itching ears

I'm so sick,
Let me live without this
Empty bliss,
Selfishness
I'm so sick
I'm so sick

Hear it, I'm screaming it
You're heeding to it now

Hear it! I'm screaming it!
You tremble at this sound

You sink into my clothes
And this invasion
Makes me feel
Worthless, hopeless, sick

I'm so sick,
Let me live without this
Empty bliss,
Selfishness
I'm so sick
I'm so sick

I'm so sick
Let me live without this
Empty bliss, selfishness
I'm so
I'm so sick
I'm so
I'm so sick

Achelousaurus
Sep 3, 2009, 06:05 PM
You people forgot that most players have fun being strong.
It's not about being a good or bad player. No one kills ult Flow with a handgun + 1 for fun, people only do that to brag on forums or lobbies.

Most players simply have more fun with the best weapons and knowing good strategies makes a game more fun than not knowing them.
Winning is quite obviously a lot more enjoyable than losing.