PDA

View Full Version : Dulk Fakis Phase 1 (and other PSU) Music

Mysterious-G
Sep 3, 2009, 02:09 PM
How come that The Hunt sounds just absolutely lame when heard in-game compared to listening to the actual soundtrack outside the game? :-?
It is probably my favorite music out of the game, when I listen to it outside of the game. I am listening to it on a 5.1 sound system, does PSU not support that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kix4tBjAHE
(Even that random youtube guy noticed! Did you, too?)

For all that never noticed, I advice you to check it out once. If you ever happen to face his 1st phase ever again. (A shame they removed it for S2!)
Or did you notice big differences with other tracks, aswell? Or is the OST just remixed? ;x

MasterSpark
Sep 3, 2009, 02:19 PM
It's true as you say, none of the boss themes appear very impressive when you're faced with them in the game itself.

The Hunt, The Vibe and Madness the Machine Sparx have all been on my Mp3 hit-list since more than a year back. They all benefit from a healthy dose of increased speed and boosted bass though, especially so The Hunt. When played at a sufficiently (some might call it "stupidly") loud volume, the part between 01:50-02:15 in that video (begins with the descending screeches) becomes fearsome. It really sounds like the end of the world. :-o

Ail
Sep 3, 2009, 04:04 PM
i was listening to the AOI OST right now for a pure coincidence D: and i got the same impression too! the music is really good. even if ingame i hear it and it's like: "meh" o_O;

Mysterious-G
Sep 3, 2009, 04:31 PM
i was listening to the AOI OST right now for a pure coincidence D:

We share a close bond, that was no coincidence! :p

Dragwind
Sep 3, 2009, 04:35 PM
It seems like they usually spice up soundtracks for some games. This version though sounds much better imo than the in-game version.

garjian
Sep 3, 2009, 04:40 PM
its really weird...
i love all PSUs music... but as you say... it sounds terrible in game...
i never noticed it with this song though... its actually very good...

where can i get this OST? :P
i wants it...

NDW
Sep 3, 2009, 05:55 PM
i wants it...

Links to this kind of stuff is not permitted on these forums.

Fox2Tails
Sep 3, 2009, 06:30 PM
i wants it...

Google lol

garjian
Sep 4, 2009, 05:24 AM
it was retorical...
im not that retarded :|

hence :P face...