PDA

View Full Version : Disconnection and Latency Problems

Falke
Sep 4, 2009, 03:17 PM
Just got lagged out of Moonlight Beast and logging in won't get past "Awaiting response from lobby server"

Also the official PSU boards appear to be down.

Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: The PSU boards are loading for me again.

EDIT EDIT: Aaaand PSU is letting me back on.

FALSE ALARM PEOPLE.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: God damn. IT CONTINUES.

euromyne
Sep 4, 2009, 03:18 PM
Me. :( But you knew that.

garjian
Sep 4, 2009, 03:23 PM
ive been kicked off too...

i got back on for a minute or so...
but its gone again now...

whats up?

Falke
Sep 4, 2009, 03:24 PM
So you keep getting kicked? Hrm.

Wonder if some crazy and edgy kids cut another fibre optic cable?

Tianna
Sep 4, 2009, 03:25 PM
Kicked here too and let me back on once just to get kicked again, Also I can't get on the official forums.

DAMASCUS
Sep 4, 2009, 03:26 PM
I lagged out and had a hard time getting back online too. Same deal but I'm online now. err...I was lol. Just lagged out again. No server response...grrr

garjian
Sep 4, 2009, 03:26 PM
so you know... its afeecting both xbox and pc/ps2...

this is SOOOO annoying...
my bomba maga is lvl10 90%... and i was locking a palavoria at the time :<

picks just the right moment huh...

Falke
Sep 4, 2009, 03:28 PM
Oh yeah, now I can't get on the official forums again too. :/

I think I shall give PSU a pass this evening.
*resumes screenshot editing*

garjian
Sep 4, 2009, 03:30 PM
back up again... but for how long..? :|

edit: lol... i get back on... now my bomba maga is lvl12 32% xD
from all the shots fired in the time-out :P

DAMASCUS
Sep 4, 2009, 03:32 PM
Okay try number two..

garjian
Sep 4, 2009, 04:12 PM
down again...

it seems to only affect certain people... whenever i get back on... universe 1 hasnt been affected at all... ahh well...

Gen2000
Sep 4, 2009, 04:15 PM
Got kicked off during Rappy Fest.
Took a while to log back, finally did then got stuck at loading screen.
Retry, logged in good and continued playing for a good 20min.
Got kicked off again, error 051.

milranduil
Sep 4, 2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah I keep getting stuck at this screen.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x72/Milranduil/psu20090904_173655_000.jpg

The_Brimada
Sep 4, 2009, 07:48 PM
Wow and I was going to actually un-afk and play today.

No that's a lie.

I got the screen as well but I'm logged in just fine my second try.

Tetsaru
Sep 4, 2009, 08:11 PM
Aaaaaand it begins again. This was another reason why I quit: Sega often does a horrible job of telling players when they're having technical difficulties or performing maintenance other than the regular weekly player server kind. Often times they just leave us here in the dark and/or can't address it properly because the game's just coded so poorly.

I swear, it's uncanny - every time I go to post something lately, I come up with something they can't do right for this poor game. I'd almost try compiling a list just to see how long I could get it. :3

Trolling aside though, I hope it's nothing serious... could be any number of things. As much as I hate PSU now and want to see it suffer an abysmal fate, I still feel it's unfair for players to have to figure out by themselves, without any prior announcement, that the game (or any online game, for that matter) won't be working properly. Of course, I know it's not always unavoidable, but I still think that Sega could do a much better job of keeping tabs on that sort of thing.

destinylegends
Sep 4, 2009, 08:41 PM
you know the servers are having problems right now XD and they well be bit b4 they fix the leg lol

WUPAZZ
Sep 6, 2009, 02:08 PM
And here we go again.....whats the excuse now.

garjian
Sep 6, 2009, 03:06 PM
Keep it up SEGAC this doing wonders for my PA lvling! :D

Panda-chan
Sep 7, 2009, 06:13 PM
Alright, I just came back to PSU after like a year of hiatus.
& I'm pondering quitting again .. (I can't even enjoy the game that I'm paying 10$ a month for.)
Because it is really annoying to finally get a free mission of your "own" & lag out of it.
:-?
I enjoy the game itself but the biggest cons for me is the "we're FAR behind JP" and the new "lag" issues. Is this game going to die for US/360 servers?

(First post = complaining. How unfortunate:-( ..)

DAMASCUS
Sep 7, 2009, 09:48 PM
Because it is really annoying to finally get a free mission of your "own" & lag out of it.
:-?
I enjoy the game itself but the biggest cons for me is the "we're FAR behind JP" and the new "lag" issues...
(First post = complaining. How unfortunate:-( ..)

If the excuses are to be believed than the close of summer will bring some relief to the lag issues we have been having. They claim that the A/C is not working properly and sometimes the server room gets too hot resulting in increased lag.

We'll see soon enough *checks the weather channel*

stukasa
Sep 8, 2009, 10:35 AM
I've been having lots of problems the last couple times I tried playing (Saturday and Sunday). On Saturday I got disconnected trying to hunt Igg Crowns and couldn't reconnect. On Sunday it took me several disconnects just to get through a single run of Desert Goliath. >.< I haven't tried logging in since then, hopefully the problem will get resolved soon. :( (but knowing ST, it's going to be a while~)

Volcompat321
Sep 8, 2009, 10:40 AM
I've played for like 30 minutes at a time, and never had any type of lag or d/c problems.
(I'm pc/ps2)

Tianna
Sep 8, 2009, 11:23 AM
Yesterday I dc'd 6 times just during the blackjack game at the beach party. Been having trouble since Friday with bad lag and alot of dc's...Also, I'm on pc/ps2(i play both and both have dc'd alot). There were quite a few people dc'ing at the beach party on pc/ps2.

Volcompat321
Sep 8, 2009, 11:37 AM
Wow.
I really don't know where the problems are coming from. I'm using wireless internet with about a (now, since I moved the PS3) 60% connection. :(
Sorry to hear everyone d/c and lagging.

Akihito
Sep 8, 2009, 01:24 PM
I've disconnected once in the whole weekend. 6ish hours of playing 30+ hours of afking c.c

stukasa
Sep 8, 2009, 04:00 PM
Wow.
I really don't know where the problems are coming from. I'm using wireless internet with about a (now, since I moved the PS3) 60% connection. :(
Sorry to hear everyone d/c and lagging.
You must be lucky then. :p Either you have a good ISP or you live in a good area. My connection is usually pretty good but lately it hasn't been enough.

Ruru
Sep 8, 2009, 04:29 PM
i havent been lagging or getting any disconnects for a few days now. >.>;

i did get DC'd once like 4 days ago but nothing since.

milranduil
Sep 8, 2009, 07:09 PM
The lag is getting fucking absurd on my end. I get d/c'd every 15-20 minutes and most of that time is spent loading a counter for 3 minutes a piece on average. I love how not one admin has addressed the issue too...

Keilyn
Sep 9, 2009, 11:25 AM
I have been dealing with a log of lag as well..Here are my observations on my end

Slower load times to any mission or area.

Playing Solo (without PM or NPCs) or with a friend is fine, but then when more than three people are in the party, I lag out.

The disconnects are heaviest between 3:30 - 6:30PM (GMT -5)

These problems are universal. They have occured in player rooms with more than four people, about any mission out there and started a few days ago.

I did a lot of checks on the connection and managed to play other online games I am used to playing without any connection problems...seems localized to the server.

I notice also that I send more data to the server and have received far less data from the server which is unusual.

j_endo
Sep 9, 2009, 11:47 AM
yeah i'm dealing with the same S since the beginning of the weekend.

Volcompat321
Sep 9, 2009, 11:48 AM
I was playing for a good....3 hours, and I didn't lag or D/c at all.
I think it's just yous guys! (jk obviously)
The entire Pc/Ps2 population of 50-1 people are having this problem. :(
Sorry to hear you guys are lagging so bad.

Keilyn
Sep 9, 2009, 12:53 PM
I know its off topic....speaking of population....does anyone know the population of PSU japan?

xinde
Sep 9, 2009, 01:18 PM
I have not experienced any lag what so ever. Although my friend on the other hand gets DC'd from 1 out of 4 missions we do and lags up the ass the other 3 mission that he dosent DC from. Sega need to get this shit fixed and give us some Compensation for it! :P

Can i hear a Grind Boost for a week?!?! :D

Tianna
Sep 9, 2009, 01:32 PM
Could a GM just mention if the maintenance Friday could fix this?
I am trying to be hopeful thinking that maintenance on Friday will buff the server up for the ones like me with a little bit weaker ISP connection. At least that was it sounds like with some having problems and some not. I have never had ANY lag/dc issues in the past.

Noblewine
Sep 9, 2009, 02:28 PM
I haven't had any problem but some of the people I run with are having trouble connecting or running any missions.

The_Brimada
Sep 9, 2009, 06:10 PM
Amazing this sort of thing happens whenever I actually decide to play >.>

I'm fine when I afk but as soon as I go to do something.......oh well. Time to watch that movie I guess.

Keilyn
Sep 9, 2009, 06:46 PM
I have been stuck on the login screen for the last half-hour..

Before that I was disconnected six times. Twice from going to my room and once from trying to change universes.....Funny that I pay money to play this game and server problems are everywhere but I hardly face any problems when playing any other game on my PC.

Mikura
Sep 9, 2009, 07:11 PM
I don't get how how widespead problems like this can be so...selective. I haven't had any problem at all with this, but I guess it just picks people at random to crap on. Oh well. I'll be surprised if Sega bothers to fix this by Friday to be honest knowing their track record.

Aeris
Sep 10, 2009, 01:57 AM
The lag has effected me as also, i can't even start a mission to go and level techs on my newman so thats why i haven't been on lately.

Kinako78
Sep 10, 2009, 10:50 AM
You mean it hasn't been fixed yet?

Kinako78
Sep 10, 2009, 10:56 AM
You mean it hasn't been fixed yet?

MSAksion
Sep 10, 2009, 12:36 PM
10:33am PST @ 09-10-2009

Yeah i've been stuck on the "Awaiting response from the Lobby Server" and about say 60 seconds later it says <b>ERROR 038 - Connection Timed out check your DNS</b>

Yeah problem still persists. And i haven't played PSU seriously in a month since the Summer Event bonus thingy was around =X i haven't even played Citadel of the Sand yet.

Moonwalker
Sep 10, 2009, 12:58 PM
The first official response from edward at sega.

''Hey everyone,

Sorry for no response from us on this so far. Lag is not always an easy thing to trace, particularly when it doesn't affect everyone. We are looking into it but can anyone confirm if this is on both PC/PS2 & XBox 360, or just PC/PS2 (which is what I've seen mentioned)?

Is it the same for both servers (i.e., consistent), or are people experiencing it at specific times/places ?

I realize this isn't the most scientific method but it gives us something to go off of in checking what the problem might be. ''

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?p=5230638#post5230638

Ryna
Sep 10, 2009, 07:51 PM
I spent 30 minutes trying to log on this evening, but didn't make it past the character selection screen.

Billy Mitchell
Sep 10, 2009, 09:00 PM
It's almost as if Sega doesn't care.

That would be a weird change of attitude!

DAMASCUS
Sep 10, 2009, 11:10 PM
9:09 PST : Seattle, WA : No problems logging in but a fair amount of 'room lag'

Dragwind
Sep 10, 2009, 11:26 PM
I was able to log in just fine tonight.

Volcompat321
Sep 10, 2009, 11:32 PM
Still having no problems at all. None.

Powder Keg
Sep 11, 2009, 01:16 AM
I haven't experienced any problems here, but it's probably the same as the terrible lag that hit during the last event, which didn't affect everyone, but a large number of people.

The fact that it wasn't fixed now just shows that they don't care. Maintenance is skipped a lot now. The next MAG event (or Colony GBR) will show how many people quit, and how many just took a break.

Aeris
Sep 11, 2009, 02:29 AM
I can make it past the character selection screen but when i go to the lobbies, start to find a mission, go to room, i get the disconnect error.

Yusaku_Kudou
Sep 12, 2009, 11:29 AM
There's like nobody on the 360 at all because of this lag. I won't get back on either until it's fixed.

Dealer
Sep 17, 2009, 12:28 AM
When I try to log in to PSU on 360 it says this:

"Could not connect to Phantasy star Universe Server. The server may be down or undergoing maintenance.

Please check the Phantasy Star Universe Official Site for maintenance information."

When I check the main site - it says the servers are online.

Could someone help me - do I have to simply submit a request to the GM and how?

HyperShot-X-
Sep 17, 2009, 10:07 AM
^ when was the last time u logged in btw? Might wanna try DNS trick or try to see if you can log in to the demo server.

If all else fails, then submit a ticket but u gotta 1st register and log in to SEGA PASS:
http://help.sega.com/?group=englishusa&t=EnglishUSA

Dealer
Sep 17, 2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestion - I had to enter the DNS settings in my xbox, although I had to use 192.168.0.78.

Logged in!!

Mandigrrrr
Sep 18, 2009, 05:17 PM
Okay so for the past what? 3 weeks now PSU has been NOTHING but lag. Its gotten a LITTLE better, but not very much. it still takes like 2 minutes to switch universes and still lags people out when going to their rooms or even switching universes. I know it's not JUST ME experiencing this lag, i have talked to a number of people and they are getting the same thing. I just want to know WHY we are lagging so badly. I want to know WHY we are all paying $10 a month for a game we can barely play and why no one is doing anything to fix it? Are they just getting lazy and refusing to fix the lag or what..??

Any information on anything?? Or comments.

Blicen
Sep 18, 2009, 05:20 PM
Hopefully they will fix it, although I doubt they even care too much about PSU anymore to begin with. One can only hope.... :(..

Powder Keg
Sep 18, 2009, 05:39 PM
360 is getting bad again?

I guess they're trying to match you guys up with the PC server.

EDIT: On a side note, actually...I was playing Gears 2 today and lagged out a lot, while my connection was fine otherwise. Small chance that it may be XBL? Repeat: small chance.

NDW
Sep 18, 2009, 06:05 PM
Ever since last week I've been fine. The week before that, I was lagging furiously for a week.