PDA

View Full Version : TECHNICs lvl per character and bonuses

landman
Sep 5, 2009, 04:31 AM
Is there a chart for what levels can each class learn for each TECHNIC? also ask about the bonus some classes have with attack, support or healing TECHNICs, and if some of those bonuses apply to non Force classes (example: HUnewm vs HUnewearl using magic)

Foie
Barta
Zonde
Grants
Megid

Resta
Anti

Shifta
Deband
Jellen
Zalure

Wow I edit myself with the link xD

http://pszero.wikiwiki.jp/?%A5%C6%A5%AF%A5%CB%A5%C3%A5%AF

Quintus_The_Force
Sep 5, 2009, 01:41 PM
thanks dude

xSHiNOx
Sep 5, 2009, 02:12 PM
i dont remember too well but newmans can max out at 15 or so while human hunters and rangers can only max out at 10.

also, not all human hunters and rangers can learn all skills.

furrypaws
Sep 6, 2009, 12:26 AM
Just a quick simple rundown.

Hunters
Techs cap at 10.
Can use Foie, Barta, Zonde, Resta, Anti, Shifta, Deband.

Rangers
Techs cap at 10.
Can use Foie, Barta, Zonde, Resta, Anti, Jellen, Zalure.

Forces
Techs cap at 15.
Can use Foie, Barta, Zonde, Resta, Anti, Grants, Megid, Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure.

Bolded obviously are the techs that change. Charged up Foie is the same as Rafoie basically, Charged up Barta is basically Gibarta, charged up Zonde is basically Gizonde, charged up Resta/SDJZ can heal/buff others (whereas regular resta/SDJZ only heals/buffs yourself/target creature), Charged anti cures others status effects and death, so now it's Reverser too.
---(Mini break due to information overload, haha)
Megid no longer OHKOs I think, but is much like Foie and does damage. One thing to note is it does splash damge. It's charged up form makes two megid arrow-like things that corkscrew around eachother until they find a target, then hit the target until they run out of time, which is pretty neat. Grants charged blasts an area around yourself, and is pretty much the only damage dealing tech you don't need to really aim to do damage. Another thing to note about Grants is you can cast it with no target (same with Zonde), but what differentiates Grants from Zonde is that Grants takes a few seconds to cast, where as Zonde is instant. So, if you think a certain enemy is going to be at a certain spot in a few seconds, and that certain spot is near another group of enemies (Grants spashes too), then you can go right ahead and cast towards those enemies, and you'll get a nice pool of damage. The changes to Grants made it one of my favorite techs in the game.

Quintus_The_Force
Sep 6, 2009, 12:52 AM
Sounds good Furrypaws! Megid is my favorite tek, I think ill like what they have done with it.... anybody know of any weapons that can cast megid yet?

landman
Sep 6, 2009, 06:38 AM
I'm not sure, but I think weapons don't cast any type of tech in PSŲ, main reason is the special attack button does not exist.

Quintus_The_Force
Sep 6, 2009, 11:44 AM
So let me get this straight...

There are elements in the weapon stats right? I heard you can hack or use items in the sewers to change or alter or attatch elements to weapons, or something like that... but there is no special attack button now, which was the weapons elemental move or Tek, since its gone, is the weapon's element always applied in the regular atacks as a constant?
Remember in PSO, you could hit a booma with a reg attack.. Or with the special fire (its weakness) attack to engage your weapons element for massive damage

So now in zero u can't manual engage it, so if u have a fire sword, its light and hard attacks have fire elements to them? Or do we just count photon arts in place of special attack?

Like my point being yeah I kill that booma with some fire sword, and then a delsaber pops up lol and it doesn't do anything Because the element is now tied to the whole weapon and not the just the special attack like in PSO

Niered
Sep 6, 2009, 02:25 PM
So let me get this straight...

There are elements in the weapon stats right? I heard you can hack or use items in the sewers to change or alter or attatch elements to weapons, or something like that... but there is no special attack button now, which was the weapons elemental move or Tek, since its gone, is the weapon's element always applied in the regular atacks as a constant?
Remember in PSO, you could hit a booma with a reg attack.. Or with the special fire (its weakness) attack to engage your weapons element for massive damage

So now in zero u can't manual engage it, so if u have a fire sword, its light and hard attacks have fire elements to them? Or do we just count photon arts in place of special attack?

Like my point being yeah I kill that booma with some fire sword, and then a delsaber pops up lol and it doesn't do anything Because the element is now tied to the whole weapon and not the just the special attack like in PSO

Sorry if im mistaken, but this is what I have heard:

Weapons can be given an element, that element is a passive ability. So if i put burn on my gun it has a certain probability of inflicting that status effect on the enemy every time I shoot them. There are no weapons with "special" abilities like "charge" (steals your meseta for more damage) from PSO because they are all passive. The activated special attacks have been replaced with "Photon Arts" which are activated by charging the weapon.

landman
Sep 6, 2009, 03:49 PM
Yes, elements in PSŲ are status alteration effects, and they can be applied in every normal and heavy attack. Actually, the "charge" effect is also present, but you can not control when you spend your meseta, you always spend your meseta with every hit to the enemy lol

Quintus_The_Force
Sep 6, 2009, 04:04 PM
Ok thanks fellas

Niered
Sep 6, 2009, 09:50 PM
Yes, elements in PSŲ are status alteration effects, and they can be applied in every normal and heavy attack. Actually, the "charge" effect is also present, but you can not control when you spend your meseta, you always spend your meseta with every hit to the enemy lol

Thats kind of dumb, I mean, with that ability on it I could see a weapon becoming virtually useless. But then again, Meseta hasn't been much of a concern in PS.

Could we get a list of all the elements you can attach to weapons?

xSHiNOx
Sep 6, 2009, 10:05 PM
you can change/add effect to your weapon but you cant to unique rare weapons since they already have a preset effect.

also, when adding/changing a effect, there is a certain percentage you can get. IIRC, you can get from 5-15%. sooo, if you got 5%, you should restart and try to get the 15%

landman
Sep 7, 2009, 03:40 AM
From the psupedia http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=PS0:Items

Heat Element, Ice Element, Stun Element, Light Element, Dark Element, Draw Element, Heart Element, Heaven Element, Soul Element, Meseta Element, Ex Element, Life Element, Celeb Element, Slow Element, Risk Element, Jell Element, Zalure Element, Chaos Element.

I got a weapon with meseta element but it didn't spend a lot of meseta, maybe 20 meseta per hit, so it was worth, but the "cling" sound at every hit annoyed me lol

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 16, 2009, 04:24 PM
Just a quick simple rundown.

Hunters
Techs cap at 10.
Can use Foie, Barta, Zonde, Resta, Anti, Shifta, Deband.

Rangers
Techs cap at 10.
Can use Foie, Barta, Zonde, Resta, Anti, Jellen, Zalure.

Forces
Techs cap at 15.
Can use Foie, Barta, Zonde, Resta, Anti, Grants, Megid, Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure.

Bolded obviously are the techs that change. Charged up Foie is the same as Rafoie basically, Charged up Barta is basically Gibarta, charged up Zonde is basically Gizonde, charged up Resta/SDJZ can heal/buff others (whereas regular resta/SDJZ only heals/buffs yourself/target creature), Charged anti cures others status effects and death, so now it's Reverser too.
---(Mini break due to information overload, haha)
Megid no longer OHKOs I think, but is much like Foie and does damage. One thing to note is it does splash damge. It's charged up form makes two megid arrow-like things that corkscrew around eachother until they find a target, then hit the target until they run out of time, which is pretty neat. Grants charged blasts an area around yourself, and is pretty much the only damage dealing tech you don't need to really aim to do damage. Another thing to note about Grants is you can cast it with no target (same with Zonde), but what differentiates Grants from Zonde is that Grants takes a few seconds to cast, where as Zonde is instant. So, if you think a certain enemy is going to be at a certain spot in a few seconds, and that certain spot is near another group of enemies (Grants spashes too), then you can go right ahead and cast towards those enemies, and you'll get a nice pool of damage. The changes to Grants made it one of my favorite techs in the game.

wait so there's no new spells and there's no rabarta/gifoie/razonde spells

Mike
Sep 16, 2009, 07:15 PM
wait so there's no new spells and there's no rabarta/gifoie/razonde spells
This is correct.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 16, 2009, 08:08 PM
aww thats a downer

landman
Sep 17, 2009, 02:08 AM
Charging a tech will result on a Ra/Gi-spell, or an All-spell

Foie - rafoie
Barta - rabarta
Zonde - razonde
Grants - gigrants
Megid - gimegid

Resta - alresta (supports only affect you if you don't charge them)
Anti - alanti

Shifta - alshifta
Deband - aldeband
Jellen - aljellen (jellen only affects the target enemy)
Zalure - alzalure

Zero Revenge
Sep 17, 2009, 02:57 AM
Charging a tech will result on a Ra/Gi-spell, or an All-spell

Foie - rafoie
Barta - rabarta
Zonde - razonde
Grants - gigrants
Megid - gimegid

Resta - alresta (supports only affect you if you don't charge them)
Anti - alanti

Shifta - alshifta
Deband - aldeband
Jellen - aljellen (jellen only affects the target enemy)
Zalure - alzalure
Jellen and Zalure are now Rangers spells, we know this. This question came up during a discussion among my friends.

Do we know why SEGA removed the buffs from Rangers, and gave them to debuffs? Do they get a farther range of affect? Or is it still point blank, and thus dangerous to use?

landman
Sep 17, 2009, 07:29 AM
Well, I think rangers got debuff techs because they are a support type, and hunters got the buffs because they are the main damage dealers.

kirtblue
Oct 15, 2009, 01:13 AM
wow do i hate that not all races/classes can use shifta and deband

Aether
Oct 16, 2009, 02:49 PM
I have been kinda hoping that they'd bring back some of the Techniques (http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/genesis/ps4/techniques.shtml)from the Classic Phantasy Stars.

And i'm a little disapointed to find that they just reused the TecHs from PSO, Perhaps In PSZ2?

Akaimizu
Oct 16, 2009, 02:56 PM
Well, I can actually see the reason for reusing the PSO techs. Lack of buttons for the level of configurability they'd like. So keeping the necessary techs, and compressing how they are used (Same button, held for different length) really helps out since you can only set up 6 things for quick access. That includes, regular attacks, dodge-roll, and perhaps an item or two.

It's easier to add more techs to stuff like the PC, or current gen consoles like the 360 and PS3. With more buttons than the dreamcast, you can afford to quickslot more stuff, or grant players more quick access to other techs.

kirtblue
Oct 17, 2009, 12:17 AM
Well, I can actually see the reason for reusing the PSO techs. Lack of buttons for the level of configurability they'd like. So keeping the necessary techs, and compressing how they are used (Same button, held for different length) really helps out since you can only set up 6 things for quick access. That includes, regular attacks, dodge-roll, and perhaps an item or two.

It's easier to add more techs to stuff like the PC, or current gen consoles like the 360 and PS3. With more buttons than the dreamcast, you can afford to quickslot more stuff, or grant players more quick access to other techs.

i totally agree they where limited and i think its a good way to use the few bottons they had seems like a neat game mechanic