PDA

View Full Version : B0T's Holiday Hoedown

W0LB0T
Sep 5, 2009, 08:07 AM
Who knew applying for holidays would cause so much confusion.

My story starts thusly.

I, 4 Weeks ago applied for holidays from work, to have September off. Easy enough. Filled out the paperwork and that was supposed to be that.

But! A week before i was to go on Holidays, A manager from another department, who acts like he runs the place (Hell, he probaly does) Tells me that my Holidays wheren't approved. FUCK!!! I avoided beating the shit out of him (Trust me, thats very a hard thing to do. I was cheesed right the fuck off). But he did have a logical reason. Due to the fact our department being understaffed (when your pulling 2 hours overtime every fucking night, you know theres a problem) and other people deciding to have holidays at the same time.

So I ask my department manager. The person who actualy orgnises my shifts, what is going on. He didn't even know that my holidays had been changed.

With our negotiation hats on, we try to come to some kind of agreement. I managed to get 3 weeks of holidays starting in 2 weeks. Ok then, thats settled.

BUT! I get a call from my manager telling me that I'm actualy on holidays now. It seems that i was paied for having 4 weeks of holidays. So the people who hand out the money didn't even know. The annoying part is that I had worked 3 days into my Holiday, so I had alredy cut into my time off. But worst of all, no Last day shenanigans. I was even going to give the Bailer a going away card.

;o

kskott
Sep 5, 2009, 05:34 PM
Man I feel ya. Had a summer job once where as early as my application I was listing that I couldn't work the last week of august as I was going out of town. Got the job, and throughout July I said "just to make sure, I can't work the last week of August." And of course they have me work the whole last week of August. I talked to every manager, just to make sure at least someone knew, and they all said that it would be fine, and one of them even agreed to cover my shift. Well the week before I was to go out of town I found out that I had to leave for school (in another city) a lot earlier than expected, and had to send in my 2 weeks right before I left for my vacation. Came back from vacation and got back to work, working labor day. But the next day I wasn't on the schedule, though I had been before. I looked at the roster, and my name wasn't on it anymore. Apparently they never took my name off the schedule for my vacation time, and since I had put in my two weeks they thought I was just abandoning the job. I shouldn't have even been able to clock in on labor day, but somehow I did. So they sent me away with a quick "I'm sorry" and my pay from labor day.