PDA

View Full Version : Game FKL Tournament: Ride the Frightening

Nitro Vordex
Sep 5, 2009, 10:00 PM
Yes indeed. Picking up where Sord left off, I am starting a new FKL Tournament.

This is how it will work. You send me a personal profile of a character, and I enter you into the tournament. I write a story, based on the results of the fight. Don't worry, the decision is totally NOT biased, otherwise I'd just kill all of you deux ex machina. :wacko:

Sord's tournament for reference and an idea of how it will go. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144012)

Does not have to be you. I will not allow you to use a copyrighted/TM'd character. Reskins do not count either(I changed my mind on this. If it's something that tickles me as fun to write with, I'll consider it, but not as a first choice.). Those of you that want to use PSO/U custom characters, that is fine. I don't recommend it though, it would probably be a boring read, as I'd leave out levels and stuff. Any kind of broken stuff will(most likely) be toned down.

Now, I'm not sure how many people I'll put in, maybe anywhere from 6 to 10. First come first serve; however, I reserve the right to reject a profile for any reason. I would like your profile sent in PM's. Backstory isn't really necessary, but a paragraph or two would be nice. I'll try to update every other day, so it gives time for others to read it. The style might be a little different, but not by much. It's gonna be mostly uncensored, but still within forum rules.

You can basically tell me your profile, I'll put you in, and wait for everyone to put one in that wants to play. This is kind of a every other day thing/reading. There's very little interaction for your character, other than having (what I hope is) a nice read after...whatever it is you do. If I have something else, I will post and say so.

Signups will end when 8 people have submitted and approved.

Also, I might have a teaser/CYOA PM to participants before each round. We'll see. 8D

You can post in this thread for confirmation of participation.

Participant List:
Tal
Gentlemen
Randomness
Levi
CrimsomWolf
[Hidden Character](Pending)

Nitro Vordex
Sep 6, 2009, 01:40 PM
Also, try to keep things from getting overly huge.

Post in this thread at least once so I can confirm your participation.

TalHex
Sep 6, 2009, 09:33 PM
aye, i'll be participating, assuming my character gets accepted

Nitro Vordex
Sep 7, 2009, 11:12 AM
You're good. Waiting for Levi to send me her character.

TalHex
Sep 7, 2009, 11:23 AM
i'm surprised there hasn't been a huge rush of applications... usually these filled up pretty fast in the past.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 7, 2009, 11:55 AM
I'm giving it a chance since it's Labor Day weekend/Monday. People might be out doing family thangs.

Leviathan
Sep 7, 2009, 03:31 PM
Post.

Randomness
Sep 7, 2009, 03:48 PM
Post.

Cereal.

TalHex
Sep 7, 2009, 09:21 PM
you should join random. I want the chance to try to take you down

Randomness
Sep 7, 2009, 09:33 PM
I don't think Nitro will let me enter twice.

TalHex
Sep 7, 2009, 09:37 PM
hmm... so who else can we recruit? anybody want to try to get tact?

Randomness
Sep 7, 2009, 09:40 PM
hmm... so who else can we recruit? anybody want to try to get tact?

Tact... master of trapping hapless victims in deadly VR simulations, and then watching them scamper about trying to survive.

TalHex
Sep 7, 2009, 09:54 PM
yeah, that tact, should we try and recruit him?

Randomness
Sep 7, 2009, 10:11 PM
Tact comes... and goes... and I don't know any clever traps like I do for you.

TalHex
Sep 7, 2009, 10:31 PM
what about AIM which I no longer have?

Nitro Vordex
Sep 7, 2009, 11:27 PM
What are you people babbling about? >:U

TalHex
Sep 7, 2009, 11:39 PM
wha? no tact? :<

Nitro Vordex
Sep 8, 2009, 09:17 PM
Alright, so far I have a potential 6 people playing. Maybe a max of two more people. Just remember, slots can open up, so pay attention to the signup thread!

Nitro Vordex
Sep 10, 2009, 09:51 PM
Falcon, BUMP.

Updating the list, I'm pretty sure we're almost full now. ;o

CrimsomWolf
Sep 11, 2009, 02:52 AM
Can't wait until the "fun" begins ;o

TalHex
Sep 15, 2009, 11:31 AM
bump MOFOs! this tournament will be epic, so it won't die!

Nitro Vordex
Sep 15, 2009, 08:28 PM
Well, I'm still waiting for someone to sumbit theirs, and even so I think we're short by one.