PDA

View Full Version : Hows PSU? o:

GJARE
Sep 7, 2009, 08:25 PM
I havnt played this in awhile and was just wondering how is PSU going for you people that still play it :)

Lance813
Sep 7, 2009, 08:28 PM
If your starting fresh there is alot you can still do. If you've played before and have a few high level characters then you probably get bored.

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 7, 2009, 08:32 PM
You missed a beach party today.

DAMASCUS
Sep 7, 2009, 09:44 PM
A lot of people have taken a break and those that are active can be found soloing or playing White Beast and SEED EXP.

If you want to come back and get caught up just wait for an update announcement that gets some positive feedback before you do.

Tetsaru
Sep 8, 2009, 01:09 PM
Dead as a doorknob, imo. Save your money towards another game. >_<

Tianna
Sep 8, 2009, 01:16 PM
As long as I have friends to run with I'm happy. Lately I have been hunting for mugunruk[b]s with a good friend and at the same time leveling some put-aside pas and classes. It is kinda fun for 2 people to start low classes/pas and see what is the best time we can get and if we get a mugunruk[b]...BONUS! Also it is fun soloing True Darkness S2 and see how long it takes to kill the boss with level 1 Robado with a 24% Gekitsnata...good times, good times...LOL

Keilyn
Sep 9, 2009, 11:20 AM
Lots of people have been inactive...like during peak times I have under 15/200 on partner card list online. I've spent my time leveling techs as usual and hanging out with friends. I guess its the same old same old...as well as doing constant egg thieves run.

milka
Sep 9, 2009, 11:51 AM
lol I agree

NGX
Sep 9, 2009, 11:57 AM

As much as I love PSU, I would have to agree with this as well. I don't know how
the 360 side is but the PC/PS2 side is getting pretty sad. Save ten bucks for 3 to
4 months and go buy a different game.

EDIT: Oh! Hey GJARE! I didn't realize it was you when I posted, this is Setsuna.
Don't waste your money, seriously. I don't think April is even playing any more.

Volcompat321
Sep 9, 2009, 12:09 PM
Is it a waste of money if you didn't pay for the sub? :wacko:

MasterSpark
Sep 9, 2009, 12:19 PM
I still find PSU to be quite fun (PC, by the way) but that might be because of my earlier lack of interest, I've still not gotten above lvl 127 with any character and I have a bunch of items to look for and skills to level. It is what you make of it, I'd say. I can usually find a decent party if I just try, depending on the time of day. Luckily I also have a steady partner to play with, one whom I've been playing together with since day 1 of the EU release (not counting my various absences..).

Anyway, I've pretty much decided to stick to PSU until the very end. I swore to myself that PSU would be my last online RPG and I intend to keep that promise and make the most of it. :)

darkante
Sep 9, 2009, 12:37 PM
Seems that nothing is going at the moment so i would say, run and fight another day. Dx

Noblewine
Sep 9, 2009, 02:31 PM
We just recieved two new missions: Citadel of Sand and Security Breach.

TecherRamen
Sep 9, 2009, 06:08 PM
not like anyone can get on to play them tho -_-

Volcompat321
Sep 9, 2009, 10:54 PM
I can get on to play.
Like I said in recent threads probably about the same thing, I haven't had any issues, and I'm using wireless internet, with only a 55-70% connection.

Delete
Sep 9, 2009, 10:58 PM
We just recieved two new missions: Citadel of Sand and Security Breach which have no good drops( with the exception of Melan Fists

Fixed.

MadDogg
Sep 10, 2009, 09:26 AM
360 player here. PSU is boring as hell at the moment, lol. Just bought champions online for the PC yesterday, running around as a claw fighter werewolf with acrobatics is fun. Sad to say, but if they ever get around to releasing the 360 port of champions, PSU might take a beating to the population 360 side.

hunterseifer
Sep 11, 2009, 01:21 AM
Hey gjare, how's it going? havent seen you around in awhile :o anyway,I stopped playing myself, i'm just waiting for real good update to jump back on despite there have been updates but not really worth the time(same drops different mish) :( so probably should wait till a event starts up.

Seere LaBeyken
Sep 11, 2009, 10:28 PM
I was playing my cast today Optimus Prime and some guy comes up to me and calls me a unoriginal !&^@% and I lol'd cause his name was Cliff XD

Any thing lolzy happen to you guess lately?

Delete
Sep 11, 2009, 10:46 PM
Not in Psu, but if you mean like in general, then I played Gears of War 2 today and completely destroyed people.

Seere LaBeyken
Sep 11, 2009, 11:30 PM
Sure, why not? If it made you happy/laugh then post it :D

Delete
Sep 12, 2009, 12:13 AM
Okay, I laughed when my dad told me he laughed when his brother told him he had Hemorrhoid surgery. I felt bad, but hearing my dad crack up like that was hilarious.

PS: My uncle is okay and everything now.

Powder Keg
Sep 12, 2009, 12:16 AM
I logged into psu...no one is online. At all. Also, there are no parties anywhere, except maybe a couple in White Beast.

I lol'd

GJARE
Sep 12, 2009, 12:26 AM
o hey seifer and set :D lol im suprised anyone ever remembers me O.o but lol im kind of glad that i stopped right after i got my ps3 back so i can use the money on different games but PSU was really fun when i first started :P

ashley50
Sep 12, 2009, 03:51 AM
I saw this thread and I lol'd
:wink:

AngelofEnders
Sep 12, 2009, 07:52 AM
I logged onto Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and actually enjoyed myself. I loled at myself with sticking with such a poorly developed game then died a little inside knowing I won't get that time back.

Volcompat321
Sep 12, 2009, 08:00 AM
His name could have been Cliff.

hunterseifer
Sep 12, 2009, 10:00 AM
I was playing my cast today Optimus Prime and some guy comes up to me and calls me a unoriginal !&^@% and I lol'd cause his name was Cliff XD

Any thing lolzy happen to you guess lately?

Asked a friend to buy me a 46% rucar and I havent logged in to pay him back, besides that I threw a grenade at two guys who were shotting at eachother close range and got the kills...they had 5 secs to kill eachother, thats too long(killzone), >_>; wait wasnt optimus prime a hacker on psu?

MadDogg
Sep 12, 2009, 10:38 AM
PSU is boring as all hell. Sonic and Knuckles came out on live arcade recently. Bought it, thinking that finally, I wouldn't have to bust out the genesis to play some sonic 3 and knuckles. Come to find out, that you can lock on with your other sonic games, but for sonic 3 and knuckles, the emulation cut off the stage select screen, meaning that you can't play through sonic 3 as hyper sonic, hyper knuckles, or super tails. That just pisses me the fuck off.

In other news, I'm having fun playing champions online on the PC, even though my game currently looks like hot ass because of my crappy integrated graphics card. I got a new card coming in monday though, can't wait for that and marvel ultimate alliance 2, been wanting another 360 game forever.

Seere LaBeyken
Sep 12, 2009, 02:45 PM
I lol'd cause everyone is having a good time ^_^ and there probably is an Optimus Prime out there thats a hacker but it ain't me brotha ^_^

Also Cliff isnt very original even if its your real name... Seere LaBeyeken is my real name with the letters switched around....thats more creative than.....Cliff

maybe he should have named his character bob?

Volcompat321
Sep 12, 2009, 03:04 PM
No, because Bob isn't his name.
You just ixmed etlerst raundo.
It's more creative than using your name, but it's better than a MOVIE/TV SHOW character.

NGX
Sep 12, 2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah, it's too bad things have turned out this way. I really do like PSU, if they would merge us with the JP servers I would come back for sure. The way things are now, I am probably done for good. SEGA's track record at this point is just unacceptable.

EDIT: Why in god's name were these two threads merged? They had nothing in common. Interesting decision to say the least.

Mikura
Sep 12, 2009, 05:33 PM
I hate to speak ill of the game, but the population really is suffering considerably on PC/PS2, more so than usual. Seeing two universes completely empty with not so much as a hollow star is pretty depressing.

MadDogg
Sep 13, 2009, 08:27 AM
I hate to speak ill of the game, but the population really is suffering considerably on PC/PS2, more so than usual. Seeing two universes completely empty with not so much as a hollow star is pretty depressing.

I think sega just screwed up with the whole unlock crap a bit at a time approach, instead of giving us the game and add more to it a.k.a. episode 1 and 2 on gamecube and xbox. The 360 side isn't that amazing population wise either, I think its time to just put this game out to pasture.

Its about time for either a sequel for PSU done right (360/PS3/PC only this time), or a blue burst port for live arcade or playstation network (god I want this one so bad right now, can't stand playing PSO on a PC).

DAMASCUS
Sep 13, 2009, 10:21 AM
It's funny but I'm pretty we sure we were having this exact same feeling last year at this time. We were waiting for the MAG extension and PSp was coming soon and population was at an all time low.

Sound familiar? It's hard to wait through slow times when friends aren't on and you can only do so much soloing and White Beast'ing before you want to puke..

ShannonCanFlyyxD
Sep 13, 2009, 02:37 PM
I like Psu but I think Pso is still better. (no offense) I miss having mags and being able to play with my little brother. I haven't went online yet. I really want to though. (:

Zorafim
Sep 14, 2009, 02:27 PM
It's a promising game with high potential, great ideas, and an excellent base to build on, that just didn't live up to what it could have been.
That's pretty much what I see everyone say, and that's my honest opinion. Save your money for a company that's doing well.

Powder Keg
Sep 14, 2009, 02:50 PM
I like Psu but I think Pso is still better. (no offense) I miss having mags and being able to play with my little brother. I haven't went online yet. I really want to though. (:

The fact that you can still find a busy PSO server is proof enough of that, pretty much. It just had that charm and balance (although it took more than one try since Dreamcast).

Zorafim
Sep 15, 2009, 12:14 PM
PSO was built during Sega's glory days. PSU was built after them. That's all you need to see. Name the newest Sega game that gave you the same sense of awe that Sonic Adventure and PSO did the instant you loaded up the game, and I'll play it.