PDA

View Full Version : Do you level up faster fighting missions alone?

HughShaw
Sep 10, 2009, 04:38 AM
I am currently playing offline mode if that matters.

Volcompat321
Sep 10, 2009, 05:39 AM
I find myself leveling faster in a party.
The more things you kill, the more exp you will get.
Just try not to be in a 6 person party, things die before you see them. (depending on who you play with..)

I remember back in the day when WB was new, I'd do a 3-4 person party and get about 10 levels a night.
We don't play like that anymore, but that's a different story.
Anyway, just go with a party of 3-4 people, hit everything, and repeat.

HughShaw
Sep 10, 2009, 06:30 AM
Ok thanks! I just thought it might be like certain other role playing games where the experience gained is split up into the amount of people there are in the party.

Volcompat321
Sep 10, 2009, 07:46 AM
Nah, nothing like that.
The only negative thing really is if you're 30 levels lower than a creature, you get less exp.
I wont go into detail of how much, because there's plenty of topics on it, but....just make sure you do missions with creatures less than 30 levels higher than you.

Somnia
Sep 10, 2009, 11:37 AM
I'm pretty sure the 30 level rule doesn't apply to offline, but someone can correct me on that. Been a while since I've played extra mode. >_>

Ellipsis...
Sep 10, 2009, 12:18 PM
Edit:

Oh offline? Nvm I don't have a clue >_>

Volcompat321
Sep 10, 2009, 12:26 PM
I'm pretty sure the 30 level rule doesn't apply to offline, but someone can correct me on that. Been a while since I've played extra mode. >_>

I totally skipped reading the first post, and figured "alone" meant with no other players. Lmao.
Thanks for pointing that out.
So, to stay true to the question....I have no idea. I never bothered to play offline (any mode).

Ruru
Sep 10, 2009, 01:02 PM
it kinda depends.

you get the same amount of exp in offline mode if you have npc partners or if you dont. but just make sure you get the kill shot for max exp. if your npc's get the kill shot you'll get reduced exp.

relentless
Sep 10, 2009, 01:03 PM
Um, there's no significant difference when having NPCs in your party if that's what's meant by a party (since it's offline).
But playing solo certainly is a faster way of lvling up, at least in most cases.
Get the 12* Crossbow (if on offline AotI), get all PAs up to 30 within 2-3 days and while you're at it, you're already max... or not, but not long until max with capped PAs. :lol: