PDA

View Full Version : So, I made a-

Volcompat321
Sep 10, 2009, 12:46 PM
So, I made a bacon and cheese sandwich.

Cooking the bacon took about 30 minutes, cause I cooked a whole sandwich worth. (in a somewhat small pan, s'all I got)
For the time needed to cook the bacon, and how little it actually fills you up, it's almost not worth making.

I love bacon, and it's probably the only greasy, fat, food substance I eat (normally), but god damn.
The sandwich was gone within like 1 minute, it didn't satisfy my hunger, but it was so good.
What are your thoughts of a bacon and cheese sandwich, FKL?

3R
Sep 10, 2009, 12:56 PM
Worth the 30 minutes.

Even if it only last a minute of deliciousness.

Volcompat321
Sep 10, 2009, 12:59 PM
I know it was so good, but it takes too long.

I like the bacon cooked fully where it gets hard (insert joke here) after it site for a minute.
Almost burnt, but definitely not.
I want more just thinking about it lol.

Outrider
Sep 10, 2009, 01:01 PM
That sounds like a lot of bacon.

But yeah, grilled cheese sandwiches with bacon are delicious.

Volcompat321
Sep 10, 2009, 01:03 PM
I made 8 pieces.
They start off so big, but end up so tiny, cause I cook em for so long.

3R
Sep 10, 2009, 01:11 PM
You should get a bigger frying pan, and why not, bigger bread loafs!

I think I know what Ill have for dinner tonight.

Volcompat321
Sep 10, 2009, 01:12 PM
Well, it's pretty big, but the bacon was bigger.
(I think it's 14'' pan)
Each bacon strip (if the pan size is correct) had to be at least 11''.

Leviathan
Sep 10, 2009, 01:37 PM
Sounds good.

What kind of cheese though?

This is a make or break question.

Volcompat321
Sep 10, 2009, 01:40 PM
It was some Kraft yellow American, of course!

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 10, 2009, 02:36 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/24fwua1.jpg

Try eatin one of these.

Outrider
Sep 10, 2009, 02:43 PM

http://blog.internetnews.com/apatrizio/do-not-want-dog.jpg

I'm far from a cheese connoisseur, but man, upgrade to cheddar already. It'll change your life.

(Or god, at least do the half step of buying American from a deli counter and stop buying Kraft singles - that stuff is nasty.)

(And when I reviewed this before clicking post, I thought I had typed "cheese dinosaur." Man, that would have been awesome if I had.)

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 10, 2009, 02:48 PM
New York Chedder goes on all of my burgers. None of that singles crap.

Dhylec
Sep 10, 2009, 03:15 PM
hm.. made me hungry

Leviathan
Sep 10, 2009, 03:36 PM

:[

Cheddar, pepperjack, asiago, gouda, chipotle cheddar, or provolone would been better. :etongue:

astuarlen
Sep 10, 2009, 04:41 PM

Kraft American cheese : cheese :: catfish : cat :: Batman : bat :: dragonfly : dragon :: bell pepper : bell :: hot dog : dog...

In other words, there are no words to express my disappointment.

May I recommend anything between Kraft singles and limbourger? (I bought a brick of the latter once on a lark and had to store it wrapped up in no fewer than three plastic bags in my fridge. It was actually fairly tasty, but I felt obliged to brush my teeth after eating even the smallest piece before leaving the house.)

Mixfortune
Sep 10, 2009, 07:33 PM
Colby Jack, Swiss, or Provolone.

But um, if you're just making a sandwich with it, use some real bacon pieces (not the crunchy chip/bits kind). It'll do well enough for bacon without feeling like you're cooking it all day to eat it up in a minute.

I actually did that with Colby Jack earlier today, just a bunch of it with real bacon pieces on some toasted wheat bread, open faced.

Cooking so much pure bacon for so long, then pairing it with your cheese choice just really seems contradictory.

astuarlen
Sep 10, 2009, 07:56 PM
I actually did that with Colby Jack earlier today, just a bunch of it with real bacon pieces on some toasted wheat bread, open faced.

Cooking so much pure bacon for so long, then pairing it with your cheese choice just really seems contradictory.

According to the latest information on every damn product in the grocery store made with even a smidgen of whole wheat, you just ate a fabulously heart-healthy treat, Mix. Yay! Good job! Pat on the back! You may now have a whole-wheat donut in celebration (0 trans fats! Yay! Good job! Pat on the back! You may now have another whole-wheat donut in celebration).

You have an excellent point about cooking pure bacon, too; I cut my bacon 50-50 with Beggin' Strips during prep to reduce cooking time.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61qUOaRrmjL._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

SStrikerR
Sep 10, 2009, 09:01 PM
I prefer canadien bacon myself. But I agree with the "how to make bacon awesome" Really crispy, but not burned. That's the stuff.

Randomness
Sep 10, 2009, 09:46 PM
I prefer it less crisp myself. Just shy of where you could call it crisp, I guess. Hard to describe.

Volcompat321
Sep 10, 2009, 11:09 PM
Try eatin one of these.

Ew...just ew

I'm far from a cheese connoisseur, but man, upgrade to cheddar already. It'll change your life.

(Or god, at least do the half step of buying American from a deli counter and stop buying Kraft singles - that stuff is nasty.)

(And when I reviewed this before clicking post, I thought I had typed "cheese dinosaur." Man, that would have been awesome if I had.)

Yea, I know I could have upgraded, but I had to use what I had access to.
I actually love the kraft singles.
BUT- I LOVE THE DELI WHITE AMERICAN CHEESE. Cant get enough of it.
It's usually what I get, so don't judge me off the Kraft singles.

It was still delicious either way.
I think I could have put moldy cheese on the sandwich, with moldy bread, and the bacon would have overpowered the nasty and I probably would have eaten it anyway.

Ellea
Sep 11, 2009, 12:24 AM
Bacon...totally worth it. No matter what, no questions asked, period. It's like, Gods gift to man. Though the idea of coagulated cheese and bacon on bread makes me slightly woozy.

Vanzazikon
Sep 11, 2009, 01:13 AM
Need some eggs on that sandwich.

3R
Sep 11, 2009, 03:10 AM
Need some eggs on that sandwich.

God, and how about a heart attack for desserts? lol

Volcompat321
Sep 11, 2009, 08:44 AM
....Eggs are good for you, if you don't eat a lot of them. (like a whole dozen).