PDA

View Full Version : What Bizarro Top Gear

W0LB0T
Sep 13, 2009, 12:19 AM
LOL wut?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zQw4BTu6lQ

Ketchup345
Sep 13, 2009, 12:34 AM
Ah, yes. Australian Top Gear. I watched the whole first season (including this) before, and didn't think it was that great. Hopefully they got better for Season 2.

I should really look into that (subbed) Russian Top Gear again. I think that was funnier than the Australian.

astuarlen
Sep 13, 2009, 01:14 AM
I know I shouldn't knock it before I try it, but it's just not Top Gear without Jezza. Season 14 cannot come soon enough. ;-;

Ketchup345
Sep 13, 2009, 01:46 AM
I know I shouldn't knock it before I try it, but it's just not Top Gear without Jezza. Season 14 cannot come soon enough. ;-;To have a proper English speaking Top Gear, you do need all 3 hosts. Jezza for the crazy road tests and testing supercars (remember Hamster "can't" anymore), Hamster to do some crazy things and get picked on for something, and May to act like the "sensible" one. Take any one out, and you mess it up for at least a while until they figure out how to work with 2 or manage to get a third person settled in.

I can't wait for Season 13 to come to BBCA.

Honestly- Top Gear Australia could have been a LOT better. One of my friends complained he was never able to stay awake through an episode. The driver of the tracter, Woz I think they call him(Warren Brown), is very annoying. The test track is much shorter than the British version, some cars are completing it over 14 seconds faster in Australia. It was annoying that one episode in the first series the 3 hosts did a drive in the same basic vehicles that the "good series" used to find the best driving road in Europe, just not necessarily the superlight versions (Aston Martin, Porsche, and Lamborghini). Wiki says they also lost on of the good hosts for series 2 and replaced him with someone else (which means another season must be used to figure out how the group will work together).

I watched at least the first Russian episode. It wasn't too bad, but the test track design seemed like it really favors power over handling, unlike the British version. The host's cars were taken around the track the first episode, made for a good bit of comedy (even though jokes probably aren't as good subbed).

astuarlen
Sep 13, 2009, 02:13 AM
To have a proper English speaking Top Gear, you do need all 3 hosts. Jezza for the crazy road tests and testing supercars (remember Hamster "can't" anymore), Hamster to do some crazy things and get picked on for something, and May to act like the "sensible" one. Take any one out, and you mess it up for at least a while until they figure out how to work with 2 or manage to get a third person settled in.

I :heartcookie: Captain Slow; he's such an adorable mix of serious business and bumble-ish goofiness. Hamster is pretty cool guy, too.
Omitting those two from my previous post was quite possibly the biggest gaffe

in the world.