PDA

View Full Version : Game ABEUMORPG: Dungeon Fighter Online

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mixfortune
Sep 13, 2009, 04:14 PM
ABEUMORPG: Arcade Beat em Up Multiplayer Online RPG

Dungeon Fighter Online is a cross between your classic beat 'em ups like Streets of Rage and tosses in your RO brand Korean flashy animations and effects in a customizable, classed level-your-ass-up based fighter.

http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/
and especially
Dungeon Fighter Online Youtube Videos (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dungeon+fighter+online&search_type=&aq=f)

Are good places to get a feel for the gameplay as well as character class capabilities.

English Skill Planner: http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/
Seems accurate so far but I've only looked at Grappler. Keep in mind there's a setting for 40 (current cap) and 60 (future cap).
Also note that you have to choose to toggle Awakening class... the active Awakening abilities have pre-reqs too (which I wasn't aware of until now), and also have multiple ranks, so keep that in mind.

To submit your character, it's best to reach me by PM, but I'll try and update from the thread as well. Name, level, subclass are obvious, but you can include build links or avatar pictures as well, if you precode them for me as Build or Pic links that'd be appreciated but not required.

If submitting an alt character, I'd prefer it subclassed to be listed. Mains have no restrictions. This is to keep the list fairly brief to start with room for steady expansion, and to not clog it up with unused new alts.

Character List, in Progress
[spoiler-box]Fighter
Lv39 Grappler Manes (Mixfortune)
Lv38 Nen-Master Lessa (Randomness)
Lv21 Nen-Master Serasta (Mixfortune)
Lv18 Brawler Helsharde (Mixfortune)

Gunner
Lv22 Launcher Boognish (SpikeOtacon)
Lv22 Spitfire KingEdgar (Randomness)
Lv20 Launcher FigaroKnight (Randomness)

Mage-We Like T's
Lv26 Witch Tact (Tact)
Lv22 Witch Tilly (Ronin_Cooper)
Lv22 Elementalist Talissa (Randomness)
Lv19 Mage Elementalist (ShinMaruku)
Lv17 Mage Tess (Tessu)

Priest
Lv40 Monk Omeged (Shadowpawn)
Lv30 Exorcist Thinktank (Nitro_Vordex)

Slayer
Lv30 Asura Askeladd (Scrub)
Lv19 Asura BruceWillis (Syamemaru!)
[/spoiler-box]

Kings Roads Available, in Progress
[spoiler-box]Lorien Forest OHGOD[/spoiler-box]

Randomness
Sep 13, 2009, 04:58 PM
Use Retni's thread?

Shadowpawn
Sep 13, 2009, 05:12 PM
Looks awesome, why hasn't anyone done this before?

Randomness
Sep 13, 2009, 06:46 PM
It's probably been done some, but mostly companies are in the cookie-cutter business, so...

I'll probably give it a shot, since I have no reason not to.

Vanzazikon
Sep 13, 2009, 08:24 PM
Use Retni's thread?Ewww, I never check in there. This game is too awesome to belong in that thread. Like Mix said, getting an access key is pretty easy but they gave previous beta testers four extra access keys, would anyone like one?

Randomness
Sep 13, 2009, 08:33 PM
Ewww, I never check in there. This game is too awesome to belong in that thread. Like Mix said, getting an access key is pretty easy but they gave previous beta testers four extra access keys, would anyone like one?

Retni's thread is around 60-70% Mabi. I don't see why you would just chuck this in there. Same company.

Vanzazikon
Sep 13, 2009, 08:38 PM
It was a joke.

Randomness
Sep 13, 2009, 08:47 PM
Sorry. My sarcasm detector has issues with the internet. Actually, its probably the other way around.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 13, 2009, 09:11 PM
Retni's thread would be a horrible place for this, as this game trumps Mabi it would probably get lost between screen shots and discussions.

Mixfortune
Sep 13, 2009, 10:17 PM
Use Retni's thread?

No.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/Mixfortune/pixL.gif

Shadowpawn
Sep 13, 2009, 10:18 PM
Mix keeps it gansta like that.

Vanzazikon
Sep 13, 2009, 11:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/Mixfortune/pixL.gifWhat the heck is this?

lol screw Shadowpawn's FOCL, an image of a period is better.

W0LB0T
Sep 13, 2009, 11:37 PM
This game reminds me of little fighter

Shadowpawn
Sep 13, 2009, 11:42 PM
What the heck is this?

*drops a colony on Vanz*

Mixfortune
Sep 13, 2009, 11:50 PM

Actually, shit, that reminds me... it's NA region locked.
Other versions (Korean, Japanese) have similar locks but there's ways around them. Likely someone will come up with a method shortly after release.

Shadowpawn
Sep 13, 2009, 11:54 PM

Really, I was thinking more along the lines of Guardian Heroes.

astuarlen
Sep 14, 2009, 12:40 AM
I went to the Youtube of character creation and saw they used papyrus. Screw this shit.

Mixfortune
Sep 14, 2009, 12:53 AM
Of course, that was my plan all along.
Rick Papyrus Roll of Toilet Paper.

astuarlen
Sep 14, 2009, 01:12 AM
And there was much fist-shaking and many melodramatic curses yelled to the indifferent sky. And then everyone went about their business.

Mixfortune
Sep 14, 2009, 09:12 PM
http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/Downloads/Client.aspx
Download is up, servers to open tomorrow.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 14, 2009, 09:14 PM
What the heck is this?

*drops PSU Gen on Vanz*

Mixfortune
Sep 15, 2009, 01:07 PM
Game is now live.
dungeonfighter.nexon.net to register/download/install/connect.
After installation, you have to run the game from the main site, not the exe. The game however, does not use the browser during play, just to start it.

I'm not too experienced but I've done some general research if anyone has any questions.

Vanzazikon
Sep 15, 2009, 08:43 PM
Razeke is back!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/Greatonevan/dfoscreenshot00012.jpg

Randomness
Sep 15, 2009, 09:22 PM
So far, I'm liking this gameplay... but...

Party=lags like hell. Out of 4 people, only one person seemed to not be lagging, and he ended up doing the area on his own basically. Might have been bad connections on others, I guess. Going to spy on it to try opening some ports.

Mixfortune
Sep 15, 2009, 09:40 PM
Yeah had a bit of trouble on this as well, which is odd considering I'd only lag slightly at the beginning of a dungeon in closed beta, and then catch back up in the first few screens.

Also if that lags you do NOT try "Team" PVP, it's simultaneous 4v4. I lagged around so much the other team couldn't really hit me, but I couldn't combo properly with it either. Took forever.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 16, 2009, 12:26 AM
Good god.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/bombahead2k6/PSU%20Stuff/dfoscreenshot00000.jpg
Somewhere in that clusterfuck, I'm in there. ;x

SpikeOtacon
Sep 16, 2009, 03:17 AM
I'm surprised there aren't a ton more gunners visible in that picture. Though, individuality...

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/mcmanmeat/Left4Bread/dfoscreenshot00095.jpg

Isn't a common thing just yet. :wacko:

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 16, 2009, 03:37 AM
Well, one of the equipment menus are called "Avatar" so hopefully we'll see some items that can change your characters appearance.

SpikeOtacon
Sep 16, 2009, 03:58 AM
There is a character simulator (http://arad.ps.land.to/) with a lot of options for character customization. It is just yet to be seen how the NA version will be getting any of these.

Outrider
Sep 16, 2009, 10:19 AM
I didn't even bother clicking the links since I figured "New PC game = Won't run on my computer", but man, that game looks gorgeous (even if the designs seem a little generic).

Maybe I will look into this.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 16, 2009, 01:37 PM
You should :) its surprisingly fun for a free game. Actually, my only gripe is that there's no Gamepad support. ;x

Randomness
Sep 16, 2009, 05:41 PM
So that party was just sucky. Haven't had lag since.

Fighter at 12 now... and level 10 has an awesome, epic skill.

Hadouken. Seriously. (Except that its called Nen Shot, but it has the same input, even. Silly copyrights) Pretty good. Ranged, area, and very, very spammable.

EDIT:After day 2...Favorite combo for fighter... Tiger Chain Strike (Makes dash attack a combo)>Muse Uppercut>Axe Kick>chase enemies and repeat. I'm trying to figure out a way to link every skill into the chain... hmm... maybe Suplex>Low Kick>Uppercut>Axe Kick>Hadouken? Too long to really do reliably, and massive overkill too.

Also, Suplex is amazing on bosses. Why? Because it cancels whatever they're doing, period. And then whacks them. Hard. I think if you got it going, a fighter party could just lock up any boss you wanted outright.

Parties are just hit and miss for me... but... 3/4 people=much less time per room AND like 2x xp per enemy. Damned nice bonus. (Plus, you get better ranks because there's a hell of a lot more comboing going on, back attacks, etc.)

Mixfortune
Sep 17, 2009, 12:15 PM
While Fighter has some nice monster lockdown with Grapple (generous invincibility frames and cancelling out monster's super armor) and Seismic Punch for a more efficient hit and run, it pairs well with a Slayer or combo Priest right up in there as well. Though I suppose I haven't really run with multiple Fighters too much anyways.

Nen Master seemed more popular in the other versions but it sounds like Grappler is gaining some headway here. Also a few people looking at Striker after checking out her combos.

I'm going to make all three, Grappler, Nen, Striker, with Striker possibly moving up later on. She's the more expensive build of the three.

But yeah Suplex, awesome utility with massive damage to boot.

Mixfortune
Sep 17, 2009, 12:21 PM
Also, forgot to mention, check out your subclass here: http://wiki.dfo-world.com/index.php?title=Main_Page Those copycats!
The site itself is still missing a lot of information, but it has the class change requirements. Take note of those that require colored cubes, best to start saving them. Some quests give them as well a repeatables using Phalanges or Lugaru drops.

You can also disassemble items at Loton. White text only gives clear cubes (which are reagents to activate some later abilities) while colored text gear gives clear and colored cubes. The colored cubes are random color and quantity, so don't get too discouraged. At first I had a ton of 1x Red, then 1x Blue, etc. then landed one with 121 blues... then one with 72 reds, and another with 60 or so blues... yeah.

Randomness
Sep 17, 2009, 10:54 PM
Level 16. Btw, level 15 sucks, because you have like no quests to do at that point. Also, there's nothing for healing, either!

Thankfully, level 16 opens up Sky Tower stuff... and a new quest at the tavern that is ridiculously easy to clear. (10 of a drop from enemies that appear in swarms, for 3 240HP heals)

Speaking of which, swarms... means... Swarms. Guess what? I got a 100 hit combo off em, they're so dense.

Oh, and there's absolutely nobody at Sky Tower. (Yet, lol)

Somnia
Sep 18, 2009, 03:55 AM
@Randomness: You were in Grand Flores in that pic. Everyone plays Sky Tower in the ... Sky Tower channel!

You get bonus exp for playing in the channel that matches the area.

Mixfortune
Sep 18, 2009, 01:11 PM
Became Grappler last night before burning out the rest of my fatigue.
I'm having some trouble debating how to build the skills outside the main tree and balance what's worth it, since you get a single reset at class change and supposedly you'd have to use some kind of cash shop item to reset later.
Trying to use PVP as a means to figure out which cancel would chain me together properly and go from there.

Randomness
Sep 18, 2009, 03:26 PM
@Randomness: You were in Grand Flores in that pic. Everyone plays Sky Tower in the ... Sky Tower channel!

You get bonus exp for playing in the channel that matches the area.

Lol, duh. Even though the bonus is puny.

Somnia
Sep 18, 2009, 03:44 PM
Well then you obviously should have known why no one was there. >_>

MixFortune, how do you like Grappler? I thought about it for a while but decided to pick Striker.. suddenly pvp is a lot harder without comboing into a Suplex. :O

Mixfortune
Sep 18, 2009, 04:07 PM
I ended up with the same kind of problem actually, not being able to combo into a Grapple :wacko:

Since I don't have Uppercut Cancel or Tiger Rush it makes it incredibly difficult to open against an opponent in PVP and string a combo more complicated than "punch four times and grapple".

As tempting as it is to try and sneak in a few outside Cancels, I've read that most Fighter classes are somewhat cumbersome in PVP between class change and level 25; Slayers/Priests and somewhat Gunners will best you pretty easily.

I'm almost level 20, which will get me the ability to sliding dash grab, so that should be a good start.

Randomness
Sep 18, 2009, 04:16 PM
Level 17, will hit 18 later tonight... what to go... Striker is quite likely, I suppose.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2009, 06:16 PM
Actually, my only gripe is that there's no Gamepad support. ;xActually there is. You go into the Settings, and choose Hotkeys. Then set it up as you please using the game pad.

Weeaboolits
Sep 18, 2009, 10:46 PM
It works, chief, also witch is king of classes.

Randomness
Sep 19, 2009, 03:17 PM
Nen Master get. Level 19 now, and just about out of stamina...

Thunder Suplex when I hit 20 though.

Ronin, you mean queen, right? (Tempted to make the mage I'm leveling a witch for the broom)

Somnia
Sep 20, 2009, 02:06 AM
Wow, summoner is hilarious in PVP. Its mazing to see so many people who have no idea what to do against it.

And then when you come across someone with half a brain, its a beating. Gib phatigue nao plz. =/

Nitro Vordex
Sep 20, 2009, 02:19 AM
My Priest is fun to use, though I'm not quite sure what I'm gonna class him as yet. I'll try to upload a short video if I can.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 20, 2009, 03:30 AM
Sadly I've only gotten to play enough to get my Slayer to LV7, I'm taking it pretty slowly I guess, seeing as I end up soloing a lot of the areas and play at night. ;x
I wanted to make a Priest, but the game wouldn't let me name him "KckAzz4DaLrd", why can't I kick ass for the lord? ;o;

Randomness
Sep 20, 2009, 12:02 PM
Nen Cannon:Giant hadouken that pierces everything and flies all the way across the screen. Freaking amazing skill. Just had a cooldown, unlike the base Nen Shot. Great damage, too. And cheap.

Thunder Suplex:Hey, lets add magic damage to Suplex! Basically, Nen Master can use Suplex very very well. High physical+high magic damage.

I see why this was apparently so popular in other versions. Well, partly.

I still haven't gotten half the buffs available. Need to level doppelganger for shield... and doppelganger-bomb. (Oh, fell for the bait? BOOM!)

Nitro Vordex
Sep 20, 2009, 12:20 PM
I managed to time it just right.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3844/dfoscreenshot00005.jpg

Randomness
Sep 20, 2009, 06:22 PM
The only problem in that picture is that it survived.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 20, 2009, 10:51 PM
Until I pulled out my gatling gun, that is.

SpikeOtacon
Sep 20, 2009, 11:42 PM
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/mcmanmeat/Left4Bread/dfoscreenshot00130.jpg

I show 'em my flamethrower instead.

Randomness
Sep 21, 2009, 04:14 PM
Haha. Dragonoid Nest is easy-mode after stuff like Shadow Thunderland. Well, once you know to shatter the trap-statues and that the boss attacks as it gets up.

The golem area is even easier though, golem AI is shit. The boss can be flinch-locked by a party, and it can't be downed... so it dies REAL fast once everyone gangs up on it.

Weeaboolits
Sep 21, 2009, 04:50 PM
I managed to get my battle-mage-to-be up to level 18 before the servers went down, soloing shadow thunderlands will be fun.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 21, 2009, 05:12 PM
Anyone feel like playing with a LV10 Slayer tonight? ;x I wanna play more but I also wanna play with people that I sorta know.

Randomness
Sep 21, 2009, 05:39 PM
Anyone feel like playing with a LV10 Slayer tonight? ;x I wanna play more but I also wanna play with people that I sorta know.

Servers are down today while they "prepare" for OB. Probably just means adding a few more boxes to the rack or something.

Then again, they might actually be fixing the 1-token-per-day problem. (Though it could have been a handicap, I guess... not that it mattered)

I want a skill reset, but I doubt its any higher than a 10-20% chance. And its only a level's worth of points I want to move anyways. (Mostly, I want to un-take Nen Shot Cancel... but then again...hmm... I should try comboing into Nen Cannon first!)

I've got a second fighter to take on the dirty-tricks path, and a mage who's going who-knows-what. Made a slayer, but got bored.

If they're smart, they could make big $$$ off this, its damned addictive.

Outrider
Sep 21, 2009, 06:07 PM
its damned addictive.

I would be a rich man if I had a nickel for every time somebody said that after playing a free MMO for only about a week.

I would be a richer man if it was a quarter.

I would not be quite as rich if it were only a penny.

Such is life.

Randomness
Sep 21, 2009, 06:12 PM
I would be a rich man if I had a nickel for every time somebody said that after playing a free MMO for only about a week.

I would be a richer man if it was a quarter.

I would not be quite as rich if it were only a penny.

Such is life.

Saw this coming, I did. And yes, you're absolutely right.

If I'm playing it halfway through October, then I'll call it addictive.

Meyfei
Sep 21, 2009, 10:06 PM
my ingame names are:

Mage: Fireball lv7
Fighter: Meyfei lv6
Priest: Jenifer (for lols) lv1(?)

I played it but meh, nothing good nothing bad,but it's worth playing, >.> kinda making the guild i'm in on Mabinogi somewhat dead though >.<

Mixfortune
Sep 21, 2009, 10:45 PM
Ugh, my skill sources are down, but I do recall some things you might find useful for your Nen.

First, definitely max Nen Guard. Complete immunity to damage, grabs and status effects. It's spherical, meaning it expands on the X and Y axis as well as in the air. Protects your allies as well.

All Fighter subclasses should get 5 points in Air Walk as a pre-req for Spinning Kick. Spinning Kick is THE best mobility skill Fighters have, whether to enter in for a combo or escape. Best used slightly in the air (you want to aim for their head). This is C cancel-able into a ground string combo or aerial move if you have them.

If you're going Thunder Suplex, I found a decent starter combo as a Grappler you may find useful. Lv.5 Air Walk's three hits, falling into a normal X air kick to a 1-2 punch string into C-Suplex. Drop off the 1-2 punch string in PVP if your opponent seems particularly good at twitch punishment, as this DOES provide an opening. Go for it if they seem rather sluggish though. If Nen has an appropriate ASPD buff (I think they do), or Nen Guard immunity gives inherent "super armor" effect, it might still be possible to add in the string anyways, I'm not sure.

This can sometimes also be used after you've Suplexed your opponent, since by the time the combo gets through you cooldown might be ready, but this might not always be the case.

Since the combo carries you a bit, best to use it toward the back of your Nen Guard so it protects you full the whole ways.

I'll look more into the effectiveness of C-Nen Blast when I can but it's probably not worth it if you're also building C-Suplex...

Randomness
Sep 22, 2009, 04:21 PM
Ouch. No points in Air Walk for meh. Only 50 SP per level... drains fast. I should consolidate, but I doubt I'll be given a skill reset to do so with.

T-Suplex... does it need cancels though? Its so awesome as is.

Mixfortune
Sep 22, 2009, 06:18 PM
Actually turns out it's probably not so great for Nen.
Spinning Kick seems fairly essential to most Fighter builds though... if you don't plan to PVP you will probably be fine, otherwise it sounds like it will be incredibly frustrating.

Randomness
Sep 22, 2009, 08:26 PM
Hmm... yeah, closing is important. Not many attacks that work out of line with the opponent either, so its annoying how easily they can run.

However, once I hit 25 and pick up Shield, that's probably moot. Just pop doppelgangers and then raise the shield... and I should be able to turtle.

Scrub
Sep 23, 2009, 01:56 AM
lol i was thinking 'i havent been to fkl in months i wonder if people still go there' and i see youre all playing this

http://i37.tinypic.com/6r3sxc.jpg
L21 asura, Askeladd, hit me up fools

Sayara
Sep 23, 2009, 06:29 AM
I ust be the only person who doesn't really enjoy this game!

Outrider
Sep 23, 2009, 01:04 PM
I haven't played it, which means I can't possibly enjoy it yet!

So it's kind of like we're in a club.

astuarlen
Sep 23, 2009, 01:54 PM
I haven't played it, which means I can't possibly enjoy it yet!

So it's kind of like we're in a club.

Do we get a clubhouse? And a secret handshake?
[spoiler-box]The password is juicy juice.[/spoiler-box]

Mixfortune
Sep 23, 2009, 05:28 PM
Actually I suppose I should make an FKL character list, huh?
Will do if I remember tonight after class.

Randomness
Sep 23, 2009, 05:57 PM
Leveling is now agony. Or at least, annoying.

Vestibule is full of super-armored and ranged enemies. Pain in the ass.

For the record: Lessa-Nen Master

Shadowpawn
Sep 23, 2009, 10:03 PM
Hey, this game said the Priest can transform into a demon. IT LIED TO ME!

Nitro Vordex
Sep 23, 2009, 11:48 PM
EAT SOME DIRT, MAGGOT.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6766/dfoscreenshot00014.jpg

YOU WERE TALKIN' ALL DAT GOOD SHIT A SECOND AGO.

THEN YOU GOT
KICKED
IN
YO
CHEST
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4779/dfoscreenshot00015.jpg

Mixfortune
Sep 24, 2009, 10:10 PM
Started Behemoth today. Seems there's no more of those tiered quests (%style, grade, timed, GSD hits, etc.) unless it's just not for the first area or something else is going on.

I'm actually starting to prefer bosses that can't be thrown, actually... much easier to hit-and-run combo while soloing.

Randomness
Sep 24, 2009, 10:17 PM
Started Behemoth today. Seems there's no more of those tiered quests (%style, grade, timed, GSD hits, etc.) unless it's just not for the first area or something else is going on.

I'm actually starting to prefer bosses that can't be thrown, actually... much easier to hit-and-run combo while soloing.

Yeah, I completed Kiri's 10 in Vestibule and that was the end of the chain.

I'm jealous of you, I'm still at 23. Been running pvp all day. The deathmatch level is awesomely fun, until it glitches up a black screen for you to die on. Stupid quest wants 100 victory points >.>

Mixfortune
Sep 24, 2009, 10:42 PM
Floating Castle doesn't have them (like Shadow Thunderland/Mirkwood Frost, "secret" areas or something), but Castellan's Chamber tops it at 11.

I was struggling a good while too but being able to get a grasp on soloing Vestibule started really helping.

Castellan's overall is very easy for my Grappler style, and when I run it now I use a specific weaving route that allows me to hit most the healing fairies when I need them so I can get to the boss using minimal healing items for a Masters Full Clear. Delicious delicious EXP.

I haven't tried Deathmatch but heard of it giving EXP, how does that work?

Randomness
Sep 25, 2009, 04:18 PM
Deathmatch gives each side 2 lives or so per player on that side. It might be linked to kills or just the enemy composition.

Its only like 1,000 per round though.

Was doing 3v3 last night. Its pretty crazy at times.

Also, priests are bonkers in pvp.

Boogie Troll
Sep 25, 2009, 06:07 PM
Team Deathmatch is the greatest thing ever, especially on the large snow map.

Randomness
Sep 25, 2009, 06:47 PM
So I hit 24, and I'm now challenging the floating castle.

I thought the little dragons in the nest were easy to combo... but these statues are nuts.

Somnia
Sep 25, 2009, 09:37 PM
Team Deathmatch is the greatest thing ever, especially on the large snow map.

Man tell me about it. My summoner LOVES that map, but not quite as much as the tavern. ^^

Randomness
Sep 25, 2009, 10:08 PM
Man tell me about it. My summoner LOVES that map, but not quite as much as the tavern. ^^

How is summoner, anyways?

Shadowpawn
Sep 26, 2009, 01:04 AM
My god, this game is like crack. I can't stop being the living hell out of monsters! Did anyone else get those annoying security checks? The ones that ask you to enter a random word sequence?

SpikeOtacon
Sep 26, 2009, 01:08 AM
Those happen to a pretty large amount of the community, apparently. I've gotten a few but Mix has had 3 or 4 pop up in the same room once?

Somnia
Sep 26, 2009, 01:30 AM
How is summoner, anyways?

It's pretty phat, I can solo kings with 0-2 hits in a reasonable amount of time without much use of pots. We're pretty much gods in PVE. If you're bored an out of fatigue I recommend making a summoner for farming.

The PvP end isn't as hot against anyone with a brain. We're the worst class in 1v1, but it feels good when you embarrass someone by pulling out a win. :D

Randomness
Sep 26, 2009, 06:16 AM
Those happen to a pretty large amount of the community, apparently. I've gotten a few but Mix has had 3 or 4 pop up in the same room once?

I've had... maybe 5 or 6 total?

Dunno what triggers em. I think I actually failed one somehow. (Who makes those things case sensitive?)

ShinMaruku
Sep 26, 2009, 04:10 PM
What server are you lot on, I'm leveling up 2 mages one a summoner and 1 a battle mage.

I think the witch aoe is off the charts personally.

Kent
Sep 26, 2009, 05:06 PM
For whatever reason, I just can't stand the Mage. It really feels like I can't do much on my own. I really want to try Battle Mage, but... Enthusiasm for that part is waning greatly.

However... Monk? Epic. Nen Master? Ditto.

Somnia
Sep 26, 2009, 05:12 PM
Mage is definitely the most boring class to get to 18.. I recommend just maxing Hodor, picking up all the BM skills and use leather with a spear. It sounds awful but it's proven to be the easy route if you want to easily solo.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 26, 2009, 05:36 PM
I've kind of hit a rough spot in my Exorcist. He's level 21, so close to 22. I don't have any quests, epic or normal, so I hope when I level a few get unlocked. ._.

Also, I still highly recommend the Priest class. Lots of fun.

Shadowpawn
Sep 26, 2009, 05:40 PM
What server are you lot on, I'm leveling up 2 mages one a summoner and 1 a battle mage.

I think the witch aoe is off the charts personally.

Right now I'm on Sky Tower-East 1 as a monk named Omeged (bastards took the name Omega. >_> )

I also have a mage named JadedQueen.

ShinMaruku
Sep 26, 2009, 06:12 PM
My mage is around level 6 I need to get to 21 quick I want to blow stuff up.

Shadowpawn
Sep 26, 2009, 06:35 PM
Mine's on 10 so I know how you feel. :|

Randomness
Sep 26, 2009, 06:52 PM
For whatever reason, I just can't stand the Mage. It really feels like I can't do much on my own. I really want to try Battle Mage, but... Enthusiasm for that part is waning greatly.

However... Monk? Epic. Nen Master? Ditto.

Mage is definitely the most boring class to get to 18.. I recommend just maxing Hodor, picking up all the BM skills and use leather with a spear. It sounds awful but it's proven to be the easy route if you want to easily solo.

Yeah. I have a mage sitting at 16. Its.... unpleasant. And yeah... I see your point on the BM skills.

I should try making a priest. In fact, I shall do so right now, then I'll have a char of every class. (Gunner's kind of fun, especially once you get the hang of juggling enemies... and then gatling and silver bullet are silly powerful.

ShinMaruku
Sep 26, 2009, 07:40 PM
I need a group now some places are kicking mi bum. :(

Shadowpawn
Sep 26, 2009, 08:17 PM
Would help if you listed your character. >_>

Randomness
Sep 26, 2009, 08:36 PM
Whee... nearing level 26 now, thanks to a shitload of quests in castellan's chamber.

Got another round with GSD. He killed the boss, I sat back and maintained S rank. :wacko:

But now I'm really depressed, cause there's never anyone running Castellan's it seems.

ShinMaruku
Sep 26, 2009, 08:45 PM
Would help if you listed your character. >_>
Aleeria is my mage stuck at level6-7 but I am going to grind out 2-5 more levels in my cutrent sitting.

Randomness
Sep 26, 2009, 08:55 PM
Aleeria is my mage stuck at level6-7 but I am going to grind out 2-5 more levels in my cutrent sitting.

Oh ouch. Mage is fun... but a pain in the ass to play, since it lacks solo ability imo.

There was a post earlier with tips, though. (Too late for me, mine's 16 already)

Shadowpawn
Sep 26, 2009, 08:56 PM
I just sent your character some mail, don't know what server you're on but I'll be on for at least one more hour before calling it quits. If you're still on after that what you should do is make a party yourself and still in a crowed area. You'll get at least two people in 5 minutes.

ShinMaruku
Sep 26, 2009, 11:20 PM
I get the feeling that I'm going to have to run some dungeons 3 times in a row before I get to new ones before my class upgrade >_>
Well I'm at level 8 now I guess 3 more levels wouldn't hurt :E

Mixfortune
Sep 26, 2009, 11:45 PM
http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/News/View.aspx?boardNo=101&contentNo=005fp&pageIndex=1

Some of the starting avatar pieces to be released. Chances are this means Cash Shop will be available on official release, also likely starting next week.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 27, 2009, 12:20 AM
A few of the guys and I in the Skype/TWIFKL crew have been having connection issues, since Nexon had the excellent idea of making the connections P2P. Problem is, there's no reason for it. I can connect to Tact, who is a VERY long distance from me, and yet I can't connect to another person who is hardly a state across from him without lagging like crazy.

Nexon seems to be pulling a Sega/Sonic Team and not responding to these problems. We can hope they're trying to sort it out, hopefully they do.

Somnia
Sep 27, 2009, 01:57 AM
http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/News/View.aspx?boardNo=101&contentNo=005fp&pageIndex=1

Some of the starting avatar pieces to be released. Chances are this means Cash Shop will be available on official release, also likely starting next week.

Is it just me or do all of these look mad shitty?

Nitro Vordex
Sep 27, 2009, 03:08 AM
Nope, they all look bad.

Kent
Sep 27, 2009, 03:15 AM
So, shotgunning the Light-based spells seems pretty effective. Particularly on zombies, since you can use Weapon Uppercut to knock them into the air, then get the Light attack cast and fully charged before they get up... Then they get hit with all three bolts as soon as they stand. Bam, instant and easy 1000+ damage.

Not so effective in the Drakonid Nest, where everything's resistant to Light and weak to Dark... But by this point, I had Palm Blast, which is all kinds of fun - especially good for knocking down enemies and getting a cheap Light or Dark attack off. Lantern Bomb and Frost's Head are painfully useless, though, compared to those two. The former has a piddly-at-best AOE to it, and the latter doesn't actually seek out targets like the description says - it can be arced differently by holding up or down when you release the skill button, though, which can be handy for hitting far/aerial targets and close/downed targets... Not that you don't have better spells to be using on them anyway.

It seems like the light and dark spells are the only ones really worth getting thus far, though the difference between skill levels of them seems to be rather minor.

I ran out of fatigue on my Mage half-way through 17. Battle Mage time, tomorrow.

A few of the guys and I in the Skype/TWIFKL crew have been having connection issues, since Nexon had the excellent idea of making the connections P2P. Problem is, there's no reason for it. I can connect to Tact, who is a VERY long distance from me, and yet I can't connect to another person who is hardly a state across from him without lagging like crazy.

Nexon seems to be pulling a Sega/Sonic Team and not responding to these problems. We can hope they're trying to sort it out, hopefully they do.
I've noticed this, too... but it's not like Nexon is the game's developer, they're just the stateside milker. They can't really do anything about it.

Mixfortune
Sep 27, 2009, 12:14 PM
What's interesting is that during Closed Beta it didn't seem P2P at all, and from the sounds of things used an actual server. Connection issues weren't a problem then.

Nexon actually switched around a couple of oddities here and there between CB and OB.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 27, 2009, 01:08 PM
Holy crap I felt like me ad Brimada were the only ones on here that play this game. As for the Cash Shop items....eugh! I'm gonna hold off until the school uniforms come out (saw em on the Korean website. Nice lookin too!). I think I might settle for the hair on the fighter. But other than that I'mma pass on this mofo. Dang....thems some horrible ass clothing.

ShinMaruku
Sep 27, 2009, 02:13 PM
I got my six axis working on it. The game has taken a whole new life.
Join me on the east exp boosted server

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 27, 2009, 02:49 PM
East Exp boosted server? What is that like a private server or something? If so, give me details alright? BTW I just hit lvl 18. It's Asura time!

Mixfortune
Sep 27, 2009, 03:28 PM
Hit level 30 right before my fatigue ran out. Couple of new moves, Airsteiner and Spinning Kick. Movelist is getting to the point where I could find some constant strings without running into any cooldown problems, but sometimes with so many abilities I had trouble remembering which ones I did two-three steps ago that could still be on cooldown.

Lot easier to remember when you only had three skills...

Next time I'm able I may record some video and see how it works out.

ShinMaruku
Sep 27, 2009, 03:35 PM
East Exp boosted server? What is that like a private server or something? If so, give me details alright? BTW I just hit lvl 18. It's Asura time! Join me on Grand Flores east

Nitro Vordex
Sep 27, 2009, 03:41 PM
If you guys are doing Shadow Thundah on MASTER let me know, I'm trying to pass it.

Name you're looking for is AttackTech.

Kent
Sep 27, 2009, 04:08 PM
What's interesting is that during Closed Beta it didn't seem P2P at all, and from the sounds of things used an actual server. Connection issues weren't a problem then.

Nexon actually switched around a couple of oddities here and there between CB and OB.
I was in the closed beta, too. It was still a peer-to-peer connection, just there were a lot fewer people playing, and fewer of those with connection issues were being very vocal about it.

ShinMaruku
Sep 27, 2009, 04:13 PM
I think I am too low level to help ya :(

Mixfortune
Sep 27, 2009, 04:22 PM
I was in the closed beta, too. It was still a peer-to-peer connection, just there were a lot fewer people playing, and fewer of those with connection issues were being very vocal about it.

Would those extra players cause those who were playing together fine in the CB to experience horrendous issues right off the bat though? I'm rather unfamiliar with the workings of P2P gaming so I'm not really going to pretend I know what I'm talking about.

ShinMaruku
Sep 27, 2009, 05:13 PM
That damn perenil killed me :(
I need a group to smoke that bat kitty

Randomness
Sep 27, 2009, 05:25 PM
Hit level 30 right before my fatigue ran out. Couple of new moves, Airsteiner and Spinning Kick. Movelist is getting to the point where I could find some constant strings without running into any cooldown problems, but sometimes with so many abilities I had trouble remembering which ones I did two-three steps ago that could still be on cooldown.

Lot easier to remember when you only had three skills...

Next time I'm able I may record some video and see how it works out.

For my Nen, I have two strings I like using, though I have the option to back off and unload Shot/Cannon too.

First is Muse>Low>Hammer, which is just a nice solid string of melee blows, but has the advantage of being usable with almost no downtime between volleys, so I tend to do a few regular hits first or something.

Alternatively, I'll do Air Walk>Walk>Jump kick>Muse>Thunder Suplex for single target pounding. Like this one more for boss/minibosses.

Nen Cannon whenever I knock something down and away, holding until it gets up.

I've yet to come up with anything really abusable, and there's still the downside that skills take more time to cool in PvP. (I'm always going for Thunder before it's ready :wacko:)

Shield+Doppelganger works very nicely against bosses though, especially Evil Eye. The shield itself lasts for like 15 seconds, and has 700 HP at level 1... that better change in PvP or it'll be worthless and fall to one blow.

I wish I could reskill though. I'd drop some points used on melee and Solar Shield to crank up Khai and Awakening, make it easier to grab Doppel Blast immediately, and such.

ShinMaruku
Sep 27, 2009, 05:42 PM
Anybody free to party up with me? I needz helpz :E

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 27, 2009, 06:55 PM
Just got BruceWillis, my Slayer, to 18 today and snagged myself the Asura class. Its pretty neat that I got me a bitchin eye cover for my new class. Now to get FeiLing to 18 (only 6 more levels) so I can get her the Striker class.

Randomness
Sep 27, 2009, 06:58 PM
Anybody free to party up with me? I needz helpz :E

If you're on when I am, I can always help. I have plenty of chars across the spectrum :wacko:

ShinMaruku
Sep 27, 2009, 07:32 PM
I am at level 10 and tired ness is slowing me down, time for some dinner and back to the grind.
My issue is my quests don't que up with what I got >_>

Shadowpawn
Sep 27, 2009, 07:37 PM
Just got my priest his monk subclass, will driver is nice. Although I wish they had put the avenger class in because judging from the two moves it has THAT would have been the subclass that let you change into a demon. I WANT MY DEMON! >_>

ShinMaruku
Sep 27, 2009, 07:51 PM
My summon makes it a bit easier for me, I0 just need to watch for any rocks thrown at me >_
The Bulls keep bucking me too but I had one stun locked with my minion it was awesome.

Randomness
Sep 27, 2009, 10:09 PM
Just put level 5 into the summon skill on my mage...

Holy shit, thats a big upgrade. Rocks, rapid rocks, and shotgun rocks! Now it actually keeps things busy while I charge my spells.

Mage:17.

Shadowpawn
Sep 27, 2009, 10:29 PM
Just saw a lvl 30 monk in action in PvP. Dude was dancing circles around a Nen Master and a Brawler. I was like :O.

Randomness
Sep 27, 2009, 10:32 PM
Hmm.... no doppel blast from the Nen Master? Should have been able to blow up a close-range monk...

Also see:Nen Spiral, Energy Field. Definitely getting those. Probbably not raising melee at all anymore, I'll just use the offensive shields.

Shadowpawn
Sep 27, 2009, 10:55 PM
I don't think the Nen Master had that, but I saw the Nen Cannon however. You should have this guy in action, dude was ducking and weaving all over the place. I can't wait till I got the skill set he had. (BTW, he beat the crap out of me too.)

ShinMaruku
Sep 27, 2009, 11:02 PM
Any of you blokes on right now? I have group quests aplenty :P

Randomness
Sep 27, 2009, 11:04 PM
Any of you blokes on right now? I have group quests aplenty :P

Aplenty? I've only seen... three?

Clear Thunderland in a group of 2+
Clear Vestibule Kings in a 4-some
Do the above, with <35 hits.

ShinMaruku
Sep 27, 2009, 11:12 PM
3 is aplenty for me. Actually a bunch more are because if I rank up the place they tell me I need 2

Mixfortune
Sep 27, 2009, 11:14 PM
Expert/Masters can be rough for a starting solo, I'd consider those party types in the lower levels.

Monks and Physical Exorcists alike are beasts in PVP.

ShinMaruku
Sep 27, 2009, 11:15 PM
I heard witches and elementalists are beasts too.

Somnia
Sep 27, 2009, 11:46 PM
Elementalist is craaaaazy good, witch is kinda bad.

ShinMaruku
Sep 28, 2009, 12:21 AM
I was looking into the experimentalist. Or maybe the summoner, I want a good soloer and a great grouper.

Randomness
Sep 28, 2009, 12:34 AM
Elementalist is craaaaazy good, witch is kinda bad.

Ugh... *tries to melee... hits ice walls*

Yeah. Then I got fried a few hundred times in some magic juggle.

ShinMaruku
Sep 28, 2009, 01:04 AM
So elementalist is good for solo too?
I want to group with ya guys so I want a good solo and great group thing :E
Aww my main mage is fatigued out. :(
I guess I will stay at level 11 for now

Kent
Sep 28, 2009, 03:55 AM
Battle Mage is such a relief. The starting Mage class sucked hard at doing anything productive, but now I've got a better combo, chasers, and attack speed bonuses from Leather armor... And finally, a freaking grab.

And I don't have to worry about trying to use those silly and wonky spells any more. :wacko:

I managed to figure out some of the crafting system. Partially how to get weak hardener (apparently, you have to tell the guy to convert Inferior Hardener into Inferior Hardener...), and made my Nen Master some really nice level 20 purple knuckles... And then spent as much money as I could to upgrade them as high as I could. Almost 300 (total, with something like 40 piercing) magic attack now is pretty nice. It's hilarious what it does to zombies.

...And now my first character, my Monk, is the lowest-level of those that I've actually touched. Will Driver is great for just getting rid of your weapon, but the buff it gives isn't that useful... A miniscule amount of defense and some resistance to Light that doesn't really matter much (for a cross, the only good weapon I have). Maybe they get a lot better when levelled up or something (the hard numbers don't scale, which worries me), but I really hate the practice of putting masteries into games that are set up like this, simply because during progress, you can easily come to the decision of using this great new weapon you found that's miles better than your current one... Or keep the old one for whatever bonus. It's a bit different for things like, say, Gunners, where weapons are functionally different. Meh.

ShinMaruku
Sep 28, 2009, 12:48 PM
Mage is awesome if you can group up.
And as far as i have seen summoners just walk through maps point and laugh while things die.
I heard something like they can instagib some bosses at high levels.. >_>
Crazy.
My mage will be elementalist/witch I want super fun aoe time.

Depending on what level you guys are I may go elementalist :P

Randomness
Sep 28, 2009, 04:36 PM
Mage is awesome if you can group up.
And as far as i have seen summoners just walk through maps point and laugh while things die.
I heard something like they can instagib some bosses at high levels.. >_>
Crazy.
My mage will be elementalist/witch I want super fun aoe time.

Depending on what level you guys are I may go elementalist :P

I'm deciding between those two as well. I have a sweet broom I looted on my Nen, but only witches get them... so... *goes to look up skills*

Edit:Nah, still can't decide really. Leaning elementalist. I'll go whatever you decide not to, I think.

ShinMaruku
Sep 28, 2009, 05:40 PM
It realy depends on my mp recovery and the aoe flavor.
Any Blokes on right now? I need a group >_>

Randomness
Sep 28, 2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I'm about to do the last run I need for mage 18 :P

ShinMaruku
Sep 28, 2009, 05:55 PM
Are you on grande Flores East?

Randomness
Sep 28, 2009, 05:59 PM
Nah, Sky Tower 1 (East) I'll hop over, gimme 5 minutes. My party was incompetent with Lakius and died to his get-up counter >.>

ShinMaruku
Sep 28, 2009, 06:02 PM
Ok.
I'll be waiting.
Look for Aleeria. :E

Randomness
Sep 28, 2009, 06:06 PM
Ah... which flores east? There's four of em :P

ShinMaruku
Sep 28, 2009, 06:14 PM
East 1

Randomness
Sep 28, 2009, 06:15 PM
Huh? Tried whispering and got that you weren't on.

ShinMaruku
Sep 28, 2009, 06:16 PM
Try again

Randomness
Sep 28, 2009, 11:41 PM
Went and did gunner leveling.

I like the animations, attitude, etc. Kind of like he's just screwing around, tormenting his opponents.

Also picked up a triple-set of awesome skills from level 15. Grenades, flamethrower, and BBQ.

Kent
Sep 29, 2009, 01:31 PM
Ugh... Why, why, why do they still insist on having friend lists restricted specifically to characters?

I understand why this would be the default option, but Diablo II handled it better where mutual friends could see each other online on different characters. Why is this so hard to understand? /minirant

Speaking of which: At least you can see what channel a friend is in, when they're online and in a different one.

Made a gunner yesterday and levelled him to 13 (on one whole fatigue bar! I feel special). I wasn't really feeling it at first, because it was just a generic "stand back and shoot at them" sort of deal, but things got a whole lot better once I started getting special attacks.

Like sliding into enemies, whirlwind kicking to knock them down, hopping back and letting loose my minigun.

I was originally planning to go Spitfire, because I like the idea of hybridizing whatever normal attacking approach with magical stuffs... But Ranger is just so damn tempting. Makes me feel like a Gunstar to mix up ranged and melee like that.

Muskets seem nice. They're a little slow-ish on the draw, but the shots have good range and they hit decently hard. Hand Cannons are actually pretty nice, too - they don't actually fire projectiles (instead, they have an AOE in front), and they feel like dual-wielding fist-mounted shotguns, which is a pretty awesome idea. They sure make up for being the slowest Gunner weapons.

I do rather like how the weapon types are functionally different, though - unlike those of any other class. I think I still enjoy my Nen Master the most, however.

Randomness
Sep 29, 2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah, gunner's weapons are certainly the most unique.

Couldn't bring myself to like the handcannons though... but that might change now that I have more than just gatling for offensive skills.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 29, 2009, 07:33 PM
Tried out the Priest class, its pretty cool and usefull as hell when soloing dungeons. I heard about a preist patch but was unsure what the patch was about. I hope they fix the exp tables soon. As I get kinda bored easily. But the only major thing I want is some decent avatar items. The ones that are coming out look...well...crappy.

ShinMaruku
Sep 29, 2009, 07:37 PM
I'm level 14, I found a group that steam rolls the content. Finishing my epci quests then off to sky tower. :P

Kent
Sep 30, 2009, 05:37 PM
Tried out the Priest class, its pretty cool and usefull as hell when soloing dungeons. I heard about a preist patch but was unsure what the patch was about. I hope they fix the exp tables soon. As I get kinda bored easily. But the only major thing I want is some decent avatar items. The ones that are coming out look...well...crappy.
This "Priest Patch" business is a future addition of content ("chapter 3") from the asian versions of the game. It changes around a lot of Priest skills significantly: enough to warrant a free skill reset for all Priest characters (though I've heard other reports of the skill reset just applying to all characters, regardless of class). Apparently, they add in some things to draw the line between a "melee Crusader" and a "support Crusader" or something.

...And yeah, the first lineup of avatar items is pretty much ass. At least Gunners get a cool hat. The guy alongside which I've been playing most often plays a Gunner as his main, and he's a fan of that kind of hat anyway. Save for those hats, the rest are pretty much ass - especially the Mage stuff. Guh.

At least one of the Priest sets looks vaguely Belmont-ish. The Fighter's vertically-split top and miniskirt are okay, but the cat stuff... Blegh.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 30, 2009, 06:33 PM
I want my Priest in a suit. That would make my day.

Also, that's the first I've heard of the Priest Patch. I better look it up, it may affect me. Though, from what I saw, Crusader was more of a support class anyway. >_>

Randomness
Sep 30, 2009, 07:11 PM
Gunner is now a Spitfire.

What to level up next? Who knows!

SpikeOtacon
Sep 30, 2009, 09:47 PM
Just remember guys:

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/mcmanmeat/Left4Bread/1254340048679.jpg

Randomness
Sep 30, 2009, 10:29 PM
Just remember guys:

Thats so annoying to hear though.

I can't bring myself to play my Nen Master much... leveling is depressing... (Because its a pain in the ass to find a decent party)

ShinMaruku
Oct 1, 2009, 01:18 PM
I found a good party, we then steam rolled the master and kings roads.
That guy about spend oney to make money, I tell him to jerk off his dead cockatoo

Randomness
Oct 1, 2009, 08:08 PM
Spitfire is level 20. I invested in the flight skill from Ranger's stuff. Floating in midair until my clip is empty is awesome, since I can move some too.

Actually, I find its awesome in pvp, too. Hard to get hit up there.

Played some on my Nen Master in pvp to try out the shield...

Wow. Fun fun fun. Takes like 3000+ to break, so its an easy combo if they try to attack it with something. (Even gunners/mages, since I can launch Nen Cannon with impunity) Now to hit 30 for Nen Spiral and Doppelganger Blast.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 1, 2009, 10:14 PM
Working on my Fighter to get her to Striker class. Haven't had any incentive to really played since I've seen the exp tables for other versions. Its typical Nexon douchbaggery. I came to realize it once I got to lvl 54 in Maple and found it was A HORRIFIC GRIND to get to the next level. A friend I know who still plays it just got to 134. And that was from one year of playing. Jesus. No thanks. I wish Aeria picked this up. At least they're not stupid.

ShinMaruku
Oct 2, 2009, 12:06 AM
Anybody around the levels 14-16 ?

Randomness
Oct 2, 2009, 06:17 PM
Working on my Fighter to get her to Striker class. Haven't had any incentive to really played since I've seen the exp tables for other versions. Its typical Nexon douchbaggery. I came to realize it once I got to lvl 54 in Maple and found it was A HORRIFIC GRIND to get to the next level. A friend I know who still plays it just got to 134. And that was from one year of playing. Jesus. No thanks. I wish Aeria picked this up. At least they're not stupid.

This is why I'm not so motivated to level my Nen anymore. Blegh.

Kent
Oct 2, 2009, 08:56 PM
Just remember guys:

This is compounded by the number of gunners there are.

click-clackclick-clackclick-clackclick-clackclick-clack

The hell are they doing, jacking off their guns?

Mixfortune
Oct 3, 2009, 06:51 AM
Getting slowed up on level 32. First Spine boss is incredibly difficult for a melee class, let alone Grappler. Interrupts even normal combos with spins and combos back while continuously spawning adds that swarm its body.
Been burning most all my 20 coins from the event. A Masters run took over 8 alone... often dying without dropping a single boss bar.

I guess it had to happen eventually, I just hope this one's a fluke and they wanted to toss in a ranged centric boss as a rarity :wacko:

Randomness
Oct 3, 2009, 12:01 PM
Getting slowed up on level 32. First Spine boss is incredibly difficult for a melee class, let alone Grappler. Interrupts even normal combos with spins and combos back while continuously spawning adds that swarm its body.
Been burning most all my 20 coins from the event. A Masters run took over 8 alone... often dying without dropping a single boss bar.

I guess it had to happen eventually, I just hope this one's a fluke and they wanted to toss in a ranged centric boss as a rarity :wacko:

Evil Eye wasn't a ranged-centric boss? It has no melee at all.

But sounds nasty... though I don't see myself hitting 30 any time soon.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 3, 2009, 12:12 PM
So, does anyone wanna help me get through Vestibule of Darkness on King's Road? I'm a level 24 Exorcist, any help would be awesome. I'll be on Channel 24 in a bit, so either post here or message me in game. My name is Thinktank.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 3, 2009, 12:42 PM
Double taco, I'm on now.

ShinMaruku
Oct 3, 2009, 12:44 PM

That's why you need me. My class can throw stuff all day.
Really go in there with a summoner it's funny.

Mixfortune
Oct 3, 2009, 03:59 PM
I meant range centric in the sense of how he's fought, I thought that might've been confusing but went with it anyways.
The thing with Evil Eye is, it's slow and can't be thrown (which I've actually found to be preferable due to Grab Cannon combos). Most bosses super armor and pause for a second before striking, which I can interrupt. This boss just spins mid-combo and counters with his own combo out of nowhere, oftentimes even 1-2 hits in.
Even hit and run is rather pointless since the octopus monsters can quickly launch up into your face and sap your health.

Well maybe Evil Eye is mostly by ranged, I dunno, but it's still fairly comboable even without having to grab.

Randomness
Oct 3, 2009, 05:13 PM
Damn, did some more pvp with spitfire.

1v1... 5/6 rounds won.

Flight (from ranger skills) is freaking amazing, I keep catching people totally off guard by floating there blasting them on the ground. Mix in windmill, nades, and BBQ, and that's easy wins. (I've yet to see ice bullet inflict freeze... but it does have damage+ vs humans. Silver is just massive damage at level 9 where I have it)

Update:Did some 4v4... won with the usual gunner stunt of gatling... plus my usual 1v1 slaughtering, since I have uber-piercing bullets. (Buff, and my gun has a boost... it also curses.)

Retniwreven
Oct 3, 2009, 06:02 PM
I have a level 11 Mage.
I'm going Battlemage. No matter what anyone says about it or anything else.
Must be small and staff smashy smashy painful death. =O
Necoco is the name.

Also... Za Warudo. Not really, but the punches make me think of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZxdFidFPJE

Randomness
Oct 3, 2009, 10:11 PM
I think... I just got 10 captchas in 2 dungeons. Seriously. :disapprove:

Nitro Vordex
Oct 3, 2009, 10:17 PM
Use different moves. ;o

Randomness
Oct 3, 2009, 10:20 PM
Use different moves. ;o

Spitfire. My main damage source is spamming attack, nade, gatling.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 3, 2009, 10:26 PM
Why so spammy?

Randomness
Oct 3, 2009, 10:41 PM
Well, one of them was a GSD run. My bullets pierce so much they're built-in linear aoe. The other run was shadow tunder at 21... for a quest.

Shadowpawn
Oct 3, 2009, 11:16 PM
So I went against a lvl 31 Crusader in pvp...and lost every time. Damn super armor, I got to get my monk up to 30 fast. >_>

ShinMaruku
Oct 4, 2009, 06:03 PM
I have 2 mages so one will be elementalist and one will be Battlemage.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 4, 2009, 06:08 PM
Witch. :E

I've found that Exorcist can be a good PvP class, if I didn't suck at PvP.

ShinMaruku
Oct 4, 2009, 06:30 PM
Elementalist>all.
How can you get CCed, juggled and then get blow up?
By a giggling witch >_>
I am tempted to make an Asura and name him Marneus Calgar.

Randomness
Oct 4, 2009, 08:08 PM
Elementalist>all.
How can you get CCed, juggled and then get blow up?
By a giggling witch >_>
I am tempted to make an Asura and name him Marneus Calgar.

Elementalist is fragile. Can't melee, unlike witch. (Witch has this godly air-juggle with brooms)

I'm surprised you didn't decide to make one... I'm tempted to do so now, to put this one broom to use... I guess.

Retniwreven
Oct 4, 2009, 09:18 PM
I'm going battlemage no matter what. Brooms are neat and all, but even the Palm Blast skill makes me want to stick with it. Especially the low bass boom when I hit things.
=D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izXbWlHnHQ

Shadowpawn
Oct 4, 2009, 09:49 PM
BM's are godly in pvp, plus they can set up some sweet combos.

Retniwreven
Oct 4, 2009, 10:15 PM
BM's are godly in pvp, plus they can set up some sweet combos.

Plus there's something fun about a diminutive pointy-eared girl in a skirt pummeling foes into the dust while giggling madly. =D

ShinMaruku
Oct 5, 2009, 01:02 AM
The witch damage peters out at low levels so unless they patch it Elementalist ho!

Kent
Oct 5, 2009, 12:30 PM
Witches are also the most annoying characters in the game.

Just because of the noises they make when the player is getting spammy with those broom techniques.

ShinMaruku
Oct 5, 2009, 12:50 PM
I think the spend money to make money guy is worse.

Mixfortune
Oct 5, 2009, 02:31 PM
For Witch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30oaBxsKoFE

Though Horsetown has some solid videos and information in general.

Retniwreven
Oct 5, 2009, 05:18 PM
I think the spend money to make money guy is worse.

I make things worse by quoting him in parties.
YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY.

Shadowpawn
Oct 5, 2009, 05:25 PM
I make things worse by quoting him in parties.
YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY.

I do that too in the cities.

EVERYBODY LISTEN UP, YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY!

Retniwreven
Oct 5, 2009, 10:31 PM
I am now a battlemage. Woo lack of falling and ability to beat things in the face.
Also, hooray for being given a level 15 spear with stats better than a level 20 one, that looks like a white length of bamboo. And finding a ring that makes stuff bleed on hit.

ShinMaruku
Oct 5, 2009, 11:28 PM
I let my mage sti for about 4 days... Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is too powerful.

Shadowpawn
Oct 6, 2009, 12:23 AM
I found a resizer for DFO, I found the window (yes, there is a windowed mode. Type in //window in chat) to be too small for me.

You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jdozmuymjhu

ShinMaruku
Oct 6, 2009, 10:35 PM
Any blokes for some party play?

Kent
Oct 7, 2009, 07:13 PM
I let my mage sti for about 4 days... Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is too powerful.
Just a random guess: You were doing your best Mischief Makers impression with the controller?

Randomness
Oct 7, 2009, 08:44 PM
I got my second gunner to launcher.

Found a skill build page, I can afford a hell of a lot more on my nen master than I'd thought. I can even fit in the additional 125 for air walk... eventually. Like when I'm done boosting doppelganger :wacko:

ShinMaruku
Oct 7, 2009, 08:45 PM
Just a random guess: You were doing your best Mischief Makers impression with the controller?
No just losing to feind Tommys. They izuna drop me and I die.

Kent
Oct 7, 2009, 09:15 PM
No just losing to feind Tommys. They izuna drop me and I die.
I'm slightly surprised.
[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NovwODTcLtY[/spoiler-box]

ShinMaruku
Oct 7, 2009, 10:58 PM
I shake em all the time.. :E

Mixfortune
Oct 7, 2009, 11:11 PM
Cash shop comes out tomorrow... even having a midnight maintenance which will last six hours.

Dungeon Fighter Online Game Server Update
Dungeon Fighter Online will be going through a game update on Thursday, Oct. 8th.
This maintenance will affect all game servers and will last approximately 6 hours.
The DFO website will not be affected during this time.

Maintenance Details:
- Time: Thursday, Oct. 8th at 12AM (midnight) PDT to Thursday, Oct. 8th at 6AM PDT
- Change List: Item Shop, New Connection Stability Indicators, Minor Fixes

Please note that maintenance time is subject to change and we apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.

This will likely include the first set of avatar items previously shown, and will also likely use a gachapon system employed by Arad Senki, the Japanese version of DNF. The items "should" be tradeable in-game, but this really depends on Nexon, so don't get your hopes up. I expect Life Coins and Potion Packs to also be in the Cash Shop, however I wouldn't expect anything involving Fatigue to make an appearance.

EXP bonuses are unlikely by concept since they skewed the level reqs to begin with, but again, Nexon.

ShinMaruku
Oct 8, 2009, 12:16 AM
I'm at level 15 :E
I need a good group to steam roll my first few sky tower bits.

Mixfortune
Oct 8, 2009, 12:53 AM
I would since I do have some characters in the area but I tend to desynch just about everyone.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 8, 2009, 11:26 AM
Oh Nexon...why do you do things to your customers? Why? Gachapon for avatar items? Really Nexon? REALLY? Ugh. Done. Utterly and positively done. I knew Nexon was going to destroy this game. I.KNEW.IT. NA Nexon is like the greedy, bastard child of the group. Notice how the other versions are doing well yet the NA version gets horribly destroyed? I've met Korean players who came over to try out the NA version only to quit after a few days. To quote a forums goer:

http://i38.tinypic.com/b4ul8w.jpg

Now if everyone will excuse me, I'm going back to PSOBB until Nexon learns not to be an arrogant ass!

Shadowpawn
Oct 8, 2009, 12:30 PM
I heard the Gachapon system was in place for the JP version as well. It really doesn't matter to me because the avatar items they have now aren't all that great.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 8, 2009, 09:38 PM
Maybe I'll just focus on the life tokens instead of the Avatar items. Honestly nobody likes the gachapon system. I just got FeiLin in her Brawler subclass so I'm just gonna focus on her and BruceWillis for the time being. I really don't have the money to be fooling with that system. Maybe if I had another job, ok. But now its like "No Nexon. You won't get me with this faggotry.". I'll still play, I'll just be a freeloader.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 8, 2009, 09:45 PM
I refuse to pay money for this game.

If I even pay a dollar to Nexon, I want to see them get rid of the P2P connections for parties and host their own damn server. Don't be so goddamn lazy.

Randomness
Oct 8, 2009, 09:58 PM
I refuse to pay money for this game.

If I even pay a dollar to Nexon, I want to see them get rid of the P2P connections for parties and host their own damn server. Don't be so goddamn lazy.

The problem is they're too damn lazy to even make games at all.

EDIT:Daily summary: Launcher hit level 20. I went and pvp'd up to a 80% win record. My spitfire is nearing 70%. Folks, gatling is not the killer gunner pvp move. Its the grenades. BBQ is nice though. Throws are good.

And I'm ticked they did nothing about slow xp. 20% to 27 on my Nen.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 8, 2009, 10:17 PM
I'm really bad at PvP, though I (supposedly) have a great class for PvP(Phys Exorcist). I also partially blame my bad computer/connection for it as well. Otherwise, I'd be better.

Kent
Oct 8, 2009, 10:43 PM
And I'm ticked they did nothing about slow xp. 20% to 27 on my Nen.
There are people who say that they've actually increased EXP requirements per level even higher than they were before. I was really looking forward to getting to 25 with my Monk so I could check out some new skills, but the fact that getting through level 23 is such a huge pain in the ass, and there are no quests at that level, is really, really discouraging.

As if the grind weren't bad enough already.

...Which really sucks, because I like the game itself quite a bit - just Nexon's handling of it is utter shit. Ungodly EXP requirements, random avatar items, and all of the cash shop items cost something like 100~150% more (in real money investment) here than they do in any other territory. The player shop license is actually purchasable with gold in other versions, too.

Sonic Team could handle management better than this.

ShinMaruku
Oct 8, 2009, 10:45 PM
I think they and Sonic Team is equal. Sega should really kill the current ST memeber and bring in new people...

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 8, 2009, 10:48 PM
Actually from what I've read in the forums there is a group that is trying really hard to put together a thread of suggestions for the mods to give to the developers of the NA version. I say try real hard because there is ALOT of dipshit trolls that screw everything up. And I mean alot. Its weird how the mods can't just delete the troll's posts and give them a thread where the most concise and effective posts are. I dunno, I think I may be gettin a lil more hope for the game.

I still say DFO shoulda been bought by Aeria Games. They're the only F2P company I really trust. I think they got a B- by the BBB unlike Nexon that keeps a long track record of F.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 8, 2009, 10:54 PM
Didn't they do DOMO? (Dream of Mirror Online) I have to admit, though I didn't really play the game for long, it was still pretty interesting, at least for the time we played.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 8, 2009, 11:05 PM
Didn't they do DOMO? (Dream of Mirror Online) I have to admit, though I didn't really play the game for long, it was still pretty interesting, at least for the time we played.

Yea they did do DOMO. What turned me off to that game was the durability aspect. In order to fully repair your items you had to buy some cash shop item or something. But other than that it was pretty fun.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 8, 2009, 11:19 PM
The voice acting was hilarious. Some small mage(?) thing with antennae with Arnold's voice. It was amazing. :wacko:

Weeaboolits
Oct 8, 2009, 11:53 PM
Why did they only add the shitty avatar items? Oh, well, I wasn't going to buy any anyway.

Retniwreven
Oct 9, 2009, 12:37 AM
I've actually finished my avatar items. I'm small, blue, with a little pink hat, purple wings and tail, and blue clothes. Silver hair.

Some of the stat bonuses on the clothing is really rather good, and the gachapon part isn't a major issue, since there's so many other people to trade/sell the items to for ludicrous prices, and buy the stuff you actually want.

Now with added picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Tonberry_Parfait/NecMini.png

Mixfortune
Oct 9, 2009, 02:23 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/Mixfortune/DFO/ManesEarly.png

Luck was definitely on my side here. Not necessarily what I'm ultimately looking to use but from the available I think I did pretty well. Blue top was definitely the best out there visually... unfortunately this one is +1 Ancient Memory.

I have a +1 Suplex but it's the horrid red striped tank top. I only wear that if I'm soloing a dungeon, otherwise I'll switch to the blue camisole.

Didn't really feel like changing the hair, it works as is here.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 9, 2009, 09:45 AM
Well I got two tank tops for my gunner the other day (both red and white) one is a +1 to the flamethrower and a +1 to some dumb skill. Do I REALLY have to gacha for my clothes? I could understand for the bonuses but dang, ewwww.All I really want from there is a blue business suit and pants. Thats all. Ugh what a pain in the ass!

Randomness
Oct 9, 2009, 03:57 PM
The prices people want for avvie items is a little crazy, especially ones with weak bonuses like +HP.

And then there's people who want millions for things. That's the stupid bit. They can only sell that because of gold farming wrecking things. Or maybe scamming and such.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 9, 2009, 04:12 PM
I heard of one guy sellin something for 14mil. It was a lvl20 purple item.

Mixfortune
Oct 9, 2009, 04:15 PM
But it also has to do with people being able to buy these things due to the point that gold has been somewhat stockpiling due to both lack of avatars and player shop ability for a whole month.

It'll even out in time. But until then, it's the best time to sell any rares that may have been collecting in your inventories.

ShinMaruku
Oct 9, 2009, 04:26 PM
Anybody on right now?

Shadowpawn
Oct 9, 2009, 04:42 PM
I heard of one guy sellin something for 14mil. It was a lvl20 purple item.

That's crazy, normal price for that is like 140k.

Randomness
Oct 9, 2009, 05:06 PM
Anybody on right now?

Yeah. I just hit 27, no more sky tower for my nen! Behemoth, go!

Retniwreven
Oct 9, 2009, 07:29 PM
I'm still level 20 because I've been procrastinating.

Mixfortune
Oct 9, 2009, 07:33 PM
Going to update the first post with a skill planner, this one's just released and is in English. Seems accurate so far but I've only looked at Grappler. Keep in mind there's a setting for 40 (current cap) and 60 (future cap).

Also note that you have to choose to toggle Awakening class... the active Awakening abilities have pre-reqs too (which I wasn't aware of until now), and also have multiple ranks, so keep that in mind.

http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/

This also has the capability of pasting build links, so there's something new to post about.

Mixfortune
Oct 9, 2009, 07:42 PM
Also if you'd like your character names listed just go ahead and send me a PM.
Name, class and level obviously, but if you happen to have any notable Kings Road unlocked feel free to add. I may or may not make use of it, also depending on whether people feel that kind of information would be useful enough for us.

I might be able to include specific character build links if you want to include them too but it's really not necessary, just for fun.

Randomness
Oct 9, 2009, 10:08 PM
Nice skill planner. English and linking is good.

Nen Master (http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/?class=nenmaster#040:uFduGbuHeuIkuJfuLcuMkuPbuQbuR fuVbvFfvGfvLfvPgvRfvVewIbwTfxDbxEbxJdxLc)
Godly buffs, godly defenses, hadouken. Win much?
Spitfire (http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/?class=spitfire#040:uBfuCkuDcuEeuMguOdvFkvGfvIbvNg vXivYewDbwGkwHewIdxCd0Tb9Pb)
Kaboom?

Chars worth mentioning:
Lessa Lv27 Nen Master
Talissa Lv21 Elementalist
KingEdgar Lv21 Spitfire
FigaroKnight Lv20 Launcher

Plus some others in the 10s.

Mixfortune
Oct 9, 2009, 11:15 PM
Hey Nexon, guild capabilities kthx.

Randomness
Oct 9, 2009, 11:29 PM
Hey Nexon, guild capabilities kthx.

Yes please.

Mixfortune
Oct 9, 2009, 11:33 PM
Snagged a green camisole with +1 Tornado Kick for 350k, which actually isn't too bad since I was somehow able to sell an Indomitable Spirit tank top for 300k.
It's really a bright green though, blegh. Better than the tanks, but my blue camisole still just looks so much nicer.

Shadowpawn
Oct 10, 2009, 12:55 AM
Finally hit 30 and got sway. Now pvping with a monk is so much fun, I'm getting better at it now.

Characters
Omeged [Monk] lvl 31
Has Kings on Sky Tower and most of Behemoth
JadedQueen [Mage] lvl 12
BeelzebubKin [Slayer] lvl 16

ShinMaruku
Oct 10, 2009, 01:05 AM
I am finally level 16 :) level 17 is the class change level right?

Shadowpawn
Oct 10, 2009, 01:12 AM

focl.

ShinMaruku
Oct 10, 2009, 01:15 AM
Oh bloody hell.
Well now I can do sky tower. So I'll move to the skytower server.
My mage is Aleeria just starting that damn place skytower >_>

Lance813
Oct 10, 2009, 02:26 AM
I just DL'd this. About to try it out.

ShinMaruku
Oct 10, 2009, 10:25 AM
You can level up with my battlemage candidate :E

Lance813
Oct 10, 2009, 01:50 PM
Level 5 get! Oh yeah, I'm a gunner.

Name: LanceDaddy

Nitro Vordex
Oct 10, 2009, 01:59 PM
Character I'm actually using the most:

Thinktank. Level 26 Exorcist.

Mixfortune
Oct 10, 2009, 02:56 PM
I'm now running a player shop, which will be open to those looking to sell their items.
If you want to mail anything for me to sell, send it to Manes. Feel free to list a price, though I will likely start it a bit higher and work it down if I feel it possible.

Keep in mind shop can't always be open since it requires me to idle yadda yadda etc. etc. disclaimer.

If you want to check out the shop in action look for "FKL~" near the gacha on the Trade channel (#6).

Also, try and limit this to single items (such as gear, etc., though you can send multiple single items at once). I'm not looking to keep track of 500 of some material, for example.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 10, 2009, 04:03 PM
I just got tipped 25 bucks from some ol rich lady. Now I'mma see if I can't get my gunner some awesome duds...wait I said I wouldn't. NO I can't let them win! Yes..no......ok screw it. Just this ONE TIME! If I don't get it...then I'll just sell whatever for fun and profit.

Randomness
Oct 10, 2009, 06:32 PM
I'm now running a player shop, which will be open to those looking to sell their items.
If you want to mail anything for me to sell, send it to Manes. Feel free to list a price, though I will likely start it a bit higher and work it down if I feel it possible.

Keep in mind shop can't always be open since it requires me to idle yadda yadda etc. etc. disclaimer.

If you want to check out the shop in action look for "FKL~" near the gacha on the Trade channel (#6).

Also, try and limit this to single items (such as gear, etc., though you can send multiple single items at once). I'm not looking to keep track of 500 of some material, for example.

I'll take you up on that offer. Seiji inbound.

ShinMaruku
Oct 10, 2009, 11:29 PM
I have a few epic quests help me out here >_>

Retniwreven
Oct 11, 2009, 01:44 AM
Roar~
Me and my creepy pigmule.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Tonberry_Parfait/Nec2.png

Randomness
Oct 11, 2009, 09:48 AM
Damn, nice combination of cute and sexy on the mage.

ShinMaruku
Oct 11, 2009, 11:12 AM
She has a thong :E

Mixfortune
Oct 11, 2009, 11:55 AM
Just realized sending money in the mail takes out 5%, so on a case by case we can figure out whether to take the 5% out and mail the rest or just trade it over in person. Items by mail is still fine. I'd just rather not LOSE 5% for hosting, haha.

Randomness
Oct 11, 2009, 12:18 PM
Ouch. Well, probably depends on the sum of money involved... nah, trade in person is probably best.

ShinMaruku
Oct 11, 2009, 12:28 PM
Which sevrer are you lot on? I can't solo the dragon's nest right now :(

Randomness
Oct 11, 2009, 12:29 PM
Usually, Sky East 1 or Behemoth East 1. I'll switch over to my (now) Brawler and give you a hand I guess. I like Dragonoid's myself. What channel?

ShinMaruku
Oct 11, 2009, 12:36 PM
sky tower 1