PDA

View Full Version : WHATS UP PSU!

Vickie
Sep 13, 2009, 05:39 PM
just sayin Hello!

-just to stay on topic here-(Dont have to answer)
When is the Arms Dealer trade For Falclaws coming?.

Tetsaru
Sep 13, 2009, 05:51 PM
*sigh...* I REALLY don't want to have to put THIS (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164930) in my sig again...

If you want a straight answer, then no, I have no idea when we're getting ANYTHING on this game.

Sorry if I'm in a bad mood, but the current state of PSU is just utterly depressing right now. People always getting on my case when I post about the game's many flaws that need to be addressed doesn't help either.

Vickie
Sep 13, 2009, 05:53 PM
*sigh...* I REALLY don't want to have to put THIS (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164930) in my sig again...

whoa! take it easy O.O Sorry if i offended you

3R
Sep 13, 2009, 05:53 PM
The PSU you're trying to reach may not respond. It could either be unavailable or 065d.

Vickie
Sep 13, 2009, 05:55 PM
The PSU you're trying to reach may not respond. It could either be unavailable or 065d.

That................. DOES NOT COMPUTE ????????????????

Powder Keg
Sep 13, 2009, 06:12 PM

If you want a straight answer, then no, I have no idea when we're getting ANYTHING on this game.

Sorry if I'm in a bad mood, but the current state of PSU is just utterly depressing right now. People always getting on my case when I post about the game's many flaws that need to be addressed doesn't help either.
I'm afraid to think of what you'd be like IRL.

Max B
Sep 13, 2009, 06:37 PM
just sayin Hello!

-just to stay on topic here-(Dont have to answer)
When is the Arms Dealer trade For Falclaws coming?.
No, one can honestly answer this with the least bit of accuracy.
Do not hold your breath

Have a :coke:

Mikura
Sep 13, 2009, 07:21 PM
If it isn't posted on PSUpedia or the official PSU site, then your guess is as good as ours.

And don't mind Tet. He's in constant rage mode nowadays on the forums.

Tetsaru
Sep 13, 2009, 07:45 PM
And don't mind Tet. He's in constant rage mode nowadays on the forums.

I rage at poor game design, people who ask stupid questions that can be easily answered by a quick search or through common knowledge, and people who don't back up their own arguments and instead do nothing but insult me when I post my opinions. There are still a lot of people and opinions on these forums that I respect.

I just hate seeing every thread I post in suddenly become a "we hate Tetsaru" thread. For the love of God, I wish people get off my case about it, and just ignore my posts if they find them so offensive. I mean, isn't there a button at the top of each post you can just use to collapse it?? Every time you see my name and avatar (because I don't see any other people around here that use it other than me), just click that button - problem solved.

I'd post something relevant to the topic now, but I don't know what else to discuss. Sega usually never tells us what's going on until the week of the update, and that's that.

Volcompat321
Sep 13, 2009, 07:57 PM
I agree.
No one knows until the week before, or week of.
It's been that way since day 1, and no one should expect anything more.
If there hasn't been an announcement yet, there will be when the time comes.
When these threads come up, there are two things that can happen.
1. People will tell you what Tet and others have said. NO ONE KNOWS IF IT HASN'T BEEN ANNOUNCED.
2. People will make fun of you for asking because if it hasn't been announced NO ONE KNOWS!

Other than that, your guess is as good as EVERYONE else other than SEGA employees, and even then I doubt they know exactly when we will get it, until a month before we do.

Carrighan
Sep 14, 2009, 01:55 PM
First i want to say

HI VICKIE :)

then ty to to volcmpat and tetsaru for finally being azzhats enough to make me join here

Its people like you that are driving people off psu not the game prblems. if either of you coould grow a conscience or some sensitivity you'd realize many that are here are either very young or physically or emotionally challenged and dont need fools like you ramming things down thier throats. wake up grow up anr try being nice when someone else is or just dont post your extremely rude and insensitive comments. no one likes them and no one needs them.

Maybe if you tried posting something helpful there would be fewer topics that annoy you.

to all the others ty for making psu a nice place to meet new friends and have some fun keep up the good work :)

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2009, 02:09 PM
If you want to go that route, ask anyone on PSU that knows me, and see what they think of me.
You can start by going down to the PSU Pc/Ps2 trade parts, and asking pretty much all of them.

Neither Tet or myself are being rude, we are stating the obvious.
Ask an obvious question, get an obvious answer.
No one knows, we (not only Tet and I) do not know, until it's announced.
If it has already been announced, a quick use of the "search" function will get your answers.
Welcome to PSO-World, you're starting off on a good foot.
EDIT:took this last part out. :wacko:

Zorafim
Sep 14, 2009, 02:23 PM
To be fair, even with WoW, a major update isn't announced until... Pretty much when it happens. Yes, in their case, they tell you exactly down to the most minor of details what's going to happen, and test it extensively. But they don't tell you when it's being released.

And I have to agree, the state PSU is in now is pretty sad. I mean, I pretty much left it for WoW, and have no intention of coming back. Not because I got pissed off at something, or because I didn't like the direction of the game. But because I had no motivation to play the game anymore. Of course, I'm still keeping an eye on the game out of idle curiosity, but nothing ever interests me. Pretty soon, I'm just going to dissapear (if I haven't already).

Now excuse me, I need to make my 28th character on Champions.

Carrighan
Sep 14, 2009, 02:25 PM
Lol im not even close to new wise azz, and ty for proving my point exactly once again, nothing helpful just rude.

Try posting where they can find out in the future, they might not know.

Try remebering the old saying.

The only stupid question is the one not asked, you might gain some insight

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2009, 02:29 PM
Well, you're new to PSO-World as a member, so welcome to PSO-World!

I never once said it was a stupid question, just an obvious, please re-read if you have to.
To stay on topic, since you made an account on here to go off topic, we don't know when the update the OP wants.
When we get it, it will say "Update (insert date here)". Details will be inside.

Carrighan
Sep 14, 2009, 02:50 PM
I guess you may not even realize you do it, but most everything you post exudes annoyance here. and just to point out, did you even start out with a friendly greeting or hello. no you started right in with I agree(with tetsaru). no hi vickie no welcome to pso vickie. just the same innuendo.

its really sad that over the 2yrs ive read here that these forums have devolved to this pitiful level of whining moanig and complaining. it speaks volumes of why the game is dying

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2009, 03:01 PM
Vickie isn't new to PSO-World, you are, which is why I said welcome, and in the most sarcastic way I could.
I've read Vickie's posts from a while back.

The game is dying from SEGA's fault, not the players.
I do more for the community than SEGA, and I don't really do anything, cept hunt things people ask me to help with. :p
Why do I have to say hello? You made a PSO-W account to attack Tet and I.
You didn't say hello to me before you came at me, did you? NO.
Please stay on topic, and do not make your posts a personal attack.
You obviously didn't read a thing I posted.

Vickie
Sep 14, 2009, 07:07 PM
I didn't really want an answer in the first place, maybe I didn't write more clearly I dunno, my bad if I didn't, I didn't mean for this to turn into a little argument, all I really wanted to do is Say "Whats up!" because I have been gone for a while, i just made that Question to "Stay on topic" so that the mods don't move this thread, this isn't an attack on anyone, However i don't blame anyone if they took it that way because I know that Most of the time I Say stupid shit to people but it's all in good fun, some people are more sensitive than others, ain't nothing wrong with that neither, ah wth....

Vickie
Sep 14, 2009, 07:10 PM
First i want to say

HI VICKIE :)

btw Thanks LoL WUSSSSSSSSSUP!

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2009, 07:14 PM
It's not even that you asked something stupid, it's that you asked a question only SEGA employees really know.
You wrote the thread, you cant go off topic in the first post.
Welcome back.

Vickie
Sep 14, 2009, 07:17 PM
i guess lol i thought theyd move it

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2009, 07:21 PM
Well, not to be rude or anything, but...
Then you know it didn't belong here.
I understand why though, cause no one looks down below.

Delete
Sep 14, 2009, 07:51 PM
then ty to to volcmpat and tetsaru for finally being azzhats enough to make me join here

Its people like you that are driving people off psu not the game prblems. if either of you coould grow a conscience or some sensitivity you'd realize many that are here are either very young or physically or emotionally challenged and dont need fools like you ramming things down thier throats. wake up grow up anr try being nice when someone else is or just dont post your extremely rude and insensitive comments. no one likes them and no one needs them.

Maybe if you tried posting something helpful there would be fewer topics that annoy you.

to all the others ty for making psu a nice place to meet new friends and have some fun keep up the good work :)

I will start on topic, no one knows for sure until it is posted on one of these websites.

Off Topic, Volcompat and Tetsaru are not azzhats. Tetsaru is expressing his opinions and for some reason people can't deal with him doing so which is pissing him off because it's like saying he doesn't have a right to have an opinion. What's dumb? The people who reply to him knowing it's gonna get him mad. And your talking bad about Vol? Volcompat is like calmest person on this board. Like I said recently in another thread....i have never had a problem with him and believe me I have had problems with almost everyone. So do your research before you come up here and start criticizing people you know nothing about.

kTHXBAI ^^

Tetsaru
Sep 14, 2009, 08:24 PM
Thank you, Delete.

First of all, Carrighan, I'm glad you decided to post your opinions here on PSO-World. I feel that everyone who reads and posts on these forums regularly is at least entitled to that. But if you've even played PSU for as long as you claim to have lurked these forums, then you should be well aware of the constant screw-ups Sega/Sonic Team have made.

If you still like playing PSU, cool; there's nothing wrong with that. I actually kept playing longer than most of my friends did, and you can check my profile to see just how many of them actually still hang around here and/or play the game. The fact that Sega/Sonic Team did little to improve upon PSU, especially with Japan so far ahead of us (which is unfair in its own right to have regional and console servers separate from each other in the first place), as well as not fully addressing recurring and prominent problems, such as unexplainable latency and billing issues, was what led me to quit.

Let me put it this way: let's say I was able to buy a Lamborghini. That's a pretty fucking sweet car, right? Well, if I don't keep it fueled or oiled properly, or check the tires to make sure they're properly inflated and not worn down, or start driving it through mud without washing/waxing it, or perhaps drive my friends to a drive-thru BBQ restaurant where the food just gets ALLLLL over you, and they eat in my car without cleaning up after themselves... suddenly my badass car looks and drives like shit because it hasn't been taken care of. Right now, it looks like Sega wants to trade in PSU towards the cash-for-clunkers program, and get a brand new hybrid car in the form of PSP2.

So far, I've narrowed down a four main reasons as to why people continue to play PSU, despite the many flaws Sonic Team put in it:

1 - A battle system that utilizes collision detection and instant action - in an online game! Most other online RPG's tend to be point-and-click and/or menu-based, and thus ruin the action that many gamers love. This was probably my favorite aspect of PSU - it utilized fighting mechanics that made games like Kingdom Hearts and God of War so popular.

2 - The crazy amount of character customization. Given that most people often got the latest outfits as soon as they were released, and there were still a few issues in terms of specific options, PSU allowed you to pretty much make your character look however the fuck you wanted. And you could change it too!

3 - People have good friends who also play the game along with them. Very understandable, but this could go for any game.

4 - People who are just diehard Sega fans who just keep playing regardless. POSSIBLY the same people on these forums who are first to jump at my throat whenever I post about Sega/Sonic Team's follies, but I won't make any accusations. You know who you are. >_>;

Personally, I don't care if you love or hate the game. If you gave up on it like I did, I understand. If you still play, but always argue with what I have to say, then I'll expect the reason why you still play is one of the four above; otherwise I want to hear a DAMN good rebuttal from you - ANY of you, not just Carrighan here - about why I should stfu, because you aren't making your own position any stronger by constantly insulting my intelligence.

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2009, 08:39 PM
Good reasons.
Also, the funny thing about me putting down SEGA is, I still play the game.
I play for the first two reasons you listed, and somewhat the third.
I made some great friends, some of which I talk on the phone, text, and play many other games with. Most of them, I talk to daily. (you know who you are)
I refuse to quit because of updates, or how its run, but only because of the third reason, and because after putting so much time into a game, I refuse to let my work be nothing(even though eventually when servers are shut down it will mean nothing anyway) because the company cant run it correctly.
That's not the players fault, so why should the players quit?
All I'm saying about that is, I don't care about what we get, and when we get it.
Which is more than I can say for most people.
If it weren't for the great people I met over the game, I wouldn't play.
Even after my RL friends quit, I took a long break, but then when they decided to come back, I did too. Of course shortly after they quit, because they are like most other people, they hate PSU because the JP players get more respect than the US/EU players, which is bullshit, but it's what's happening.
When they quit, I thought I was going to quit, but then I met the people I was referring to.

I still don't respect SEGA, but I respect the employees like Ruby and Edward for trying their best to get things done.
Just because I don't respect them, doesn't mean I hate their games.

Mimo
Sep 14, 2009, 08:45 PM
wassssssssup vickie! ^^

lol i do not know the question to your answer at the moment, but lets find out together! wont you keep rocking till the party dies? i hope so

love, peace & chicken grease Mmmm~ ;3

-mimo c:

Powder Keg
Sep 14, 2009, 08:46 PM
Protip: Save time by using copy+paste.

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2009, 09:51 PM
Protip: Save time by using copy+paste.

Protip: Read things before you comment on them?

Carrighan
Sep 14, 2009, 10:24 PM
im not sure what you wish me to rebut, all im saying is quit the whining and post something useful, nice or shut up. the last post tetsaru made here is exactly what im talking about. this is the first time ive seen you (tetsaru) make a calm, rational post and by god i thank you for it. i actually agree with much of what you say, its your demeanor to others i object to. i respect your opinions just not your attitude. if you both hate it so much do something else with your time.

i still remember when i started in game 2 yrs ago. i met some that acted like you to new people and almost cancelled my account. gratefully i found some good people who actually understand theres no real instructions for a new player and the in game tutorials are a joke

if questions like this are so bothersome just dont answerr them. i think the admins can handle thier own business dont you?

ive played nearly 2 yrs and read these forums for most of that.

and this reply took so long because some azzhat had my account banned. i got the admins to lift it

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2009, 10:31 PM
Mods don't take care of all the information handed out to users. Yes, they contribute, but there are far more users than mods/admins.
I never once said I hated SEGA or PSU, I said I don't respect them, or what they do.
I respect the employees SEGA has.
I've already said, I do a lot with new people, and help lots of people, ask anyone that's played with me in-game.
I still play PSU, and very much enjoy it.
You say don't answer the question if you have nothing nice to say, but if you didn't read my post, I DID ANSWER THE QUESTION, then continued with a sarcastic reply in the posts after.
No one knows for sure, and that's the answer.
Welcome back to PSO-World!
You have a great start!

VetroDrago
Sep 14, 2009, 10:41 PM
I have a question.

WHAT'S UP Vickie!?

Vickie
Sep 14, 2009, 11:08 PM
I have a question.

WHAT'S UP Vickie!?

Kinda whizzed off, I tried to make a Nice Topic for once in my life (lol) and it Just ends up Turning into a Damned Battlefield, makes me not even wanna Bother posting in this Forum anymore, but it's really no big surprise to me anyway, 0.0 now i remember why i stopped posting here in the first place.

Tetsaru
Sep 14, 2009, 11:31 PM
Kinda whizzed off, I tried to make a Nice Topic for once in my life (lol) and it Just ends up Turning into a Damned Battlefield, makes me not even wanna Bother posting in this Forum anymore, but it's really no big surprise to me anyway, 0.0 now i remember why i stopped posting here in the first place.

If it was because of me, I'm sorry. I was in a bad mood and I overreacted, I guess. When people make mockeries of my posts all the time, I get edgy. Don't take it personally. :(

Still, no offense or anything, but the "when are we getting ____?" questions annoy me to no end, because it should be obvious that no one here would know anything about it until one of the GM's at Sega say something. =x

Vickie
Sep 14, 2009, 11:43 PM
If it was because of me, I'm sorry. I was in a bad mood and I overreacted, I guess. When people make mockeries of my posts all the time, I get edgy. Don't take it personally. :(

Still, no offense or anything, but the "when are we getting ____?" questions annoy me to no end, because it should be obvious that no one here would know anything about it until one of the GM's at Sega say something. =x

not just you i meant in general the arguing back and forth is kinda Ridiculous in a topic that was just about someone saying hi, i see the question i had asked may have ignited the fire but its just that i didn't even mean it as a serious question but whatever, its really no use talking about it cuz this would just go back and forth im just gonna shut up now

btw check this shit out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wax1TLKQb1I&feature=related
Shes A SMALL MOTHERFUCKING WONDER!

Retehi
Sep 15, 2009, 01:13 AM
Hell yeah, Small Wonder rules.

Vickie
Sep 22, 2009, 06:57 PM
Hell yeah, Small Wonder rules.

Hell YEA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94_qjbfFV_o&feature=related