PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me theres an Update this week 9/18

DownTown
Sep 15, 2009, 05:44 AM
It feels like im waiting for the tooth fairy or Santa..................but they NEVER show up WTF! PS I want my tooth and cookies back TY

Katy
Sep 15, 2009, 06:18 AM
Why don't you tell us?

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fxbox360.phantasystarunive rse.jp%2Fnews%2Fwis%2F%3Fmode%3Dview%26id%3D325&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

[Pause] will be on regular maintenance
2009年9月18日(金)15:00 ~ 20:00 September 18, 2009 (Fri) 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Delete
Sep 15, 2009, 06:33 AM
:disapprove:

Neith
Sep 15, 2009, 07:09 AM
Really not worried about hurrying out new content, are we ST? :disapprove:

Not sure how much longer I can keep playing this.

Tetsaru
Sep 15, 2009, 07:22 AM
Now you're starting to see why I decided to quit. It seems that Sonic Team just doesn't know how to keep its endgame veterans entertained. If they'd give us good chunks of new stuff every week instead of spoon-feeding us baby updates that don't amount to much, we probably wouldn't have this problem. :disapprove:

I'd say stop shelling out your money for nothing and stop torturing yourselves, but if you still find enjoyment out of the game, I won't stop you... :confused:

Arika
Sep 15, 2009, 07:49 AM
I think all of the development team are on PSP:2 project lol.

Tetsaru
Sep 15, 2009, 07:59 AM
I think all of the development team are on PSP:2 project lol.

Lol, I wouldn't blame em. If it ends up making the game better, then I'm all for it. <_>;

The_Brimada
Sep 15, 2009, 08:06 AM
I've been good the past week lol. Was playing Aion open beta, and now that's ended but dungeon fighter early beta starts today. PSU? What's that? Is my mentality right now. :p

Tianna
Sep 15, 2009, 08:13 AM
I did some calculations just because I was curious...not to start a flame war. I broke down what I do on a normal day and saw what it cost me and compared it to my PSU sub.

coffee X 4 cups a day: $4 X 30=$120 a month (yes i have to have my coffee)
occasional breakfast: $5 X 4= $20 a month (usually once a week)
Lunch I bring to work: $3 X 30=$90 a month (yes my coffee costs more ..lol)
Ciggarettes: $25 X 5 cartons=$125 a month (yes i should quit)
PSU sub: $10 a month

I get enjoyment from all these things and could cut my costs on most everything mentioned during this poor economy. I didn't even list the neccesary things like lights, water, mortgage, boat..er nm...the point is this...I could look at it that most if not all are not really "worth" what I pay but so goes the economy and the cost of everything. The last thing on my little list that I would consider to cut out would be PSU. Do I want more content and new stuff? of course I do but nothing can replace the relaxation I get from playing PSU with my good friends after a long and aggravating day at work. Coffee is great but it doesn't give me something to do while joking with friends, Cigarettes (for or against them is a personal choice I respect) relax me for about 7 minutes till it's gone only to light another :( , food is food...eat it to relax you and you end up 800 pounds with too many other health issues in itself.

This is just my opinnion and I do respect other peope's opinnion as well....just thought maybe some should evaluate it a little closer. If you lack the super cool friends I have on PSU I can totally understand your dilema.

biggabertha
Sep 15, 2009, 09:48 AM
I didn't even list the neccesary things like lights, water, mortgage, boat..er nm...

Ahahahahaha...!!

But seriously speaking, yeah, it seems if you break things down like that, PSU's subscription doesn't seem so intense afterall... but if you don't have a whole lot of money to begin with.. $10 a month does soon add up.

Look on the bright side..! At least you don't pay as much as we do here in the EU...

kyle21
Sep 15, 2009, 10:33 AM
lol it's good to know I'm saving a potential $245/m cause I don't smoke or drink coffee.

And I figured there would be no updates coming out any time soon so I let my sub expire earlier this month. I love this game but it's just so boring when there's no updates and I'm not letting them milk another $10 from me.

Volcompat321
Sep 15, 2009, 11:11 AM
Hey, even when I had no job, and lived on my own...somehow, I still played and paid for PSU.

$10 a month is almost nothing. If you save the loose change in your couches, or from buying something, I guarantee you will get $8 dollars, and if you cant find another two, you shouldn't be paying for an online game anyway.
(not saying that poor people shouldn't play, I'm saying if you have that little money, you should be buying stuff more necessary to live, than a game).

With that said, I'm glad I don't smoke or drink coffee! :D
I'll stick to my Culligan water bubbler thing. It's $20 a month for 5, 5 gallon bottles of water, and the bubbler.
I live with my parents again :( so I don't have to pay lights, or water. Just gotta pay rent (obviously a small amount compared to living on my own) and my phone bill.
My monthly expenses outside of game is only about $250 a month.
But it gives me money to save to move back out. I don't want to be here forever.

DAMASCUS
Sep 15, 2009, 11:18 AM
I do wish they wouldn't keep stringing us along, which they've always done even with PSO. Do they really have no idea whats coming in the next month? If they need a 3 week vacation from adding content can't they tell us ahead of time? I suppose that would be a bad business move but it is very disconcerting.

My feeling is that we have one more week for an update..

zandra117
Sep 16, 2009, 01:28 AM
I hate to be a doomsayer but...

This is EXACTLY what happened to PSO Xbox.

PSO Xbox, unlike the Gamecube servers was not connected to the Japanese servers. When Sonicteam started to develop PSOBB they stopped sending updates to be put on the US and EU Xbox servers. But they continued to update their Gamecube servers because thats where the JP community was. Its the same shit.

I know there are JP players on the 360 server too but they are considered absent from the JP community by Sonicteam.

Just like on PSOX we won't get an announcement that we aren't supported anymore the updates just stop here untill enough people quit to no longer fund the server.

Please SEGA prove me wrong!

Powder Keg
Sep 16, 2009, 01:56 AM
There really wasn't much to "update" at all on the Episode I and II servers, aside from a few quests and locked items. And yeah, it was pretty dumb that they were never released in the lifespan of the game, and a free server does a better job.

Clearly PSU is going the same route, except I can see it being a lot worse, especially if GC makes it here. They will count that as "content" when several people won't even be using it.

Shou
Sep 16, 2009, 04:08 AM
Looks like ST better have a HUGE update pretty soon or even more people will leave. Maybe they will double up on 2 or three regular updates. Every time they do this one month with no updates stunt, a lot of players quit.

DuRaL
Sep 16, 2009, 05:11 AM
Sega probably read some forums and when they saw all the whining about recent updates they were shocked!
"what? players don't even want updates!? they are happy with white beast!? ok... then no updates for the next few weeks!"

now people whine again... what will Sega be thinking?

"ooh, seems nobody likes PSU anymore and everyone's threatening us that they'll quit PSU.. well, we should probably just shut the servers then"

=)

I hate to be a doomsayer but...

This is EXACTLY what happened to PSO Xbox.

PSO Xbox, unlike the Gamecube servers was not connected to the Japanese servers. When Sonicteam started to develop PSOBB they stopped sending updates to be put on the US and EU Xbox servers. But they continued to update their Gamecube servers because thats where the JP community was. Its the same shit.

I know there are JP players on the 360 server too but they are considered absent from the JP community by Sonicteam.

Just like on PSOX we won't get an announcement that we aren't supported anymore the updates just stop here untill enough people quit to no longer fund the server.

Please SEGA prove me wrong!

and this is one of the reasons why i really really wish that future PSO games will be like DC/GC PSO again, with international servers updated/administrated by SoJ!

the other reason is i like japanese people, they're cool ^^

darkante
Sep 16, 2009, 05:49 AM
No update? Bummer then.

I haven´t had so much fun now that been gone for like a month or two away from PSU.
With some other neglected games i gotten recently.

Oh yeah, and the magic of PSP special programs.
Thank god for those. =D

Deissa
Sep 16, 2009, 08:03 AM
Eh, $10 a month might not be much, but it doesn't make it some sort of obligation to keep paying for the game either, especially if they aren't giving you new crap to justify it.

that cast named kai
Sep 16, 2009, 09:54 AM
*shrug*

i am not sure when the next update will come up or not

but given the fact that we got almost constant updates since STD, i am not seeing anything happening for a while, well at least until october, i suppose things will work out better after the 'restructuring' of SoA in the long run, since with it may be end the attitude of negligence and ineptitude that people often complained of, but something tells me that PSU might be wrapping up on both servers after PS:P2 is released.

although i suppose we don't have much content till the big supplemental, so who knows what will happen although i would be happy if we get to GAS by christmas

i guess if you feel like taking a short break this might be the time, so don't sweat the small stuff

syouz
Sep 16, 2009, 10:47 AM
9 / 18 Notice of suspension maintenance

Phantasy Star Universe 』from『 Thank you for your patronage, Thank you very much.
Below, and September 18, 2009 (Fri) maintenance pause and let the bon appétit.

[Pause] will be on regular maintenance
September 18, 2009 (Fri) 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Phantasy Star Universe 』with『 thank you to the next. :-D

Squirrel3D
Sep 16, 2009, 11:14 AM
The more people leave, the less oppotunites I have to play with people. Other than leveling Cynica and Streak Thomas, there's nothing for me to do in this game.

So guess what....they got til November to give us a real update. If I don't see anything new for PSU before November 1 2009.....I'M QUITTING, NEVER COMING BACK, AND I'M TRADING IN THE GAME FOR SOMETHING ELSE.

....and I'll start playing a different MMORPG.

Volcompat321
Sep 16, 2009, 11:19 AM
You on Pc/Ps2, or 360?
Sad to see another player go, especially on the Pc/Ps2 side.

garjian
Sep 16, 2009, 11:34 AM
at the rate people are quitting... i wouldnt be suprised if they hurried an update in on like a monday or somethin lol...

theres so many angry and disatisfied players it seems... im getting close myself...

Skye-Fox713
Sep 16, 2009, 11:48 AM
My question is why are the not trying to implement some of the new features from PSP2 into PSU. Such as the shield, roll, and gun charged shot. I know their trying to make money, but it seemed like they saved all the good stuff for the DS and PSP titles when they should have implemented it into PSU and have a good quality game. cause not every one has a DS and/or a PSP.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 16, 2009, 11:58 AM
I'll keep the sub going, since I have a part-time job and thankfully don't have to pay my tuition yet.

I just need something to do. Whether it's helping someone hunt a rare, or just doing random runs, I simply want to play this game with other players.

LeynasMoon
Sep 16, 2009, 12:15 PM
Much like someone else had mentioned earlier on the first page of this thread, the subscription fee is paltry change. I'm making over 50% of that cost in just 1 hour's time, at work.

I'm not leaving till the servers close, the game just hits the spot after a day at work. Can't wait to get home and kill monsters and look good doing it. It is sort of sad though, so many of my friends had stopped playing lately on the PC side.
I can wait for updates for as long as it takes, but I do wanna see some of the PSP2 goodies come to PSU some time soon, but I don't think it'll happen.

bupjo
Sep 16, 2009, 05:37 PM
even when we get updates, people bitch about those too...so i'm not understanding people bitching about no updates when all they do is complain when we get them. i'll stick around as well til the servers are shut down. i enjoy PSU for what it is and i guess if i played this game ONLY for the updates i'd be complaining too. so whiners, quit the game and those of us that enjoy it, keep playing.

Neith
Sep 16, 2009, 07:29 PM
even when we get updates, people bitch about those too...so i'm not understanding people bitching about no updates when all they do is complain when we get them. i'll stick around as well til the servers are shut down. i enjoy PSU for what it is and i guess if i played this game ONLY for the updates i'd be complaining too. so whiners, quit the game and those of us that enjoy it, keep playing.

And as I've said to many people who come up with this stupid comment:

Show me a game that's sci-fi, has a battle system similar to PSU/PSO, has decent character customization and still has an active community. That's one reason these 'whiners' stick with PSU- there's nothing similar. Also, some of us have friends who still play. Telling people to quit and stop complaining is stupid when you offer up no alternatives.

Also, people have a right to bitch about the updates when they don't fix the inherent faults with the game. You even said yourself that if you played for updates you'd be complaining. Some people have nothing left to play for and updates are the only things keeping them active. It sounds pathetics, but when you have no other similar games it can't be helped.

Squirrel3D
Sep 16, 2009, 08:27 PM
You on Pc/Ps2, or 360?
Sad to see another player go, especially on the Pc/Ps2 side.

Xbox 360.

The other problems I have is that I don't have any friends in that game, and I usually don't play during the weekdays because I get home just after 9pm from work.

Also I never talk during playing. So sorry in case you had any plans to hold a convo. I don't even know what happened to my headset anyway.

See here is how I play....I take it easy and don't make a big deal if anyone grabs "useless" rares. And when I'm playing as a techer, that's where I'm at my best with having everyone's back in a mission. I'm just not a talker though, and you'll see that alot as we play together. Also, I never join clans. I just couldn't keep up with them.

So yeah, no friends....a silent dude....and not alot of reasons to play right now.

pikachief
Sep 17, 2009, 07:40 PM
lol they like rushed to end our event then gave us a GBR and nothing >.> when the event was over i was like oh my new S rank cannon must be soon! :D

maybe this week!... no a moatoob GBR!
Maybe this week... nothing
Maybe this week...
maybe this week!

Oh an update! no just 2 new missions...

maybe this week!
maybe this week?
Maybe? plz? ;_;

i hope next week i can finally let go of this unit lol but i wouldn't doubt it :P i'd get off my new L4D map and ODST for some time with an update of just the lonely cannon.

Give SOMETHING lol XD a month of nothing with no excuse is sad :(

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 17, 2009, 08:29 PM
Sadly no update this week. ;/
Can't say I'm surprised.
Though most of the community is displeased or disappointed, from what I'm seeing.
I wouldn't count on MAG+ bringing anyone back either.
Seeing as there is no alternative, like Neith said, I'm just gonna stop playing for a while and keep my sub up, for in case I ever feel like Hopping on and Killing things. This game is way too laid back to be taken so seriously, though hopefully the Supplemental Update can change that. ;x

Also, ftr.. French Roast > Pike-Place Roast 8D

Shou
Sep 18, 2009, 12:40 AM
Ill be back for MAG+ through the Colony GBR and then take a break until the Sup. Update.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 18, 2009, 12:47 AM
Ill be back for MAG+ through the Colony GBR and then take a break until the Sup. Update.

/glare

Ok, maybe it will bring a few people back.
I'll probably check it out, I just assumed it wouldn't because of last year. ;x

Ellea
Sep 18, 2009, 01:34 AM
Now you're starting to see why I decided to quit. It seems that Sonic Team just doesn't know how to keep its endgame veterans entertained. If they'd give us good chunks of new stuff every week instead of spoon-feeding us baby updates that don't amount to much, we probably wouldn't have this problem. :disapprove:

I'd say stop shelling out your money for nothing and stop torturing yourselves, but if you still find enjoyment out of the game, I won't stop you... :confused:

Jeez. Every post you make is just another way of saying how much you dislike ST and the game. Isn't there something more productive you could do on the forums, rather than posting opinions that generally lead to nothing but you getting flamed by someone?

ashley50
Sep 18, 2009, 01:48 AM
He'll say it again and again...when topics like these pop-up in the future ;]...

cool story...cool story.

Zorafim
Sep 18, 2009, 08:39 AM
Show me a game that's sci-fi, has a battle system similar to PSU/PSO, has decent character customization and still has an active community.

Champions Online.

Alright, the combat isn't very similar. But considering how hack-and-slash PSU is anyway, does it matter?

And, yeah, as far as the whole Sonic Team thing... Show me a game in the last ten years they've done that was great, and admit defeat on the issue. Or rather, play that game, since I've been dying for a good Sega game.

Holy hell another one of my posts starts a new page

unicorn
Sep 18, 2009, 10:01 AM
No updates for 3 weeks? I sense a dry season of updates.... Just like last year. Wasn't last year's drought around Sept-November?

Tyreek
Sep 18, 2009, 10:13 AM
Last I checked, yes. It wasn't till around mid-November; early December that SEGA was getting their act together with the update bit with Parum's GBR and onward. I hope it's not a repeat performance though. I thought the only reason why we had such a horrific backup before was due to the Carnival's.... Issue. But that's just me.

D So
Sep 18, 2009, 02:08 PM
i agree. the friends i have on this game are why i keep coming back. plus i really do love the game even without the updates.

Dhylec
Sep 18, 2009, 02:10 PM
Guys, stay on topic, or stay out. I don't feel like locking this & give people warning for such a typical topic.

Neith
Sep 18, 2009, 02:58 PM
Champions Online.

Alright, the combat isn't very similar. But considering how hack-and-slash PSU is anyway, does it matter?

And, yeah, as far as the whole Sonic Team thing... Show me a game in the last ten years they've done that was great, and admit defeat on the issue. Or rather, play that game, since I've been dying for a good Sega game.

Holy hell another one of my posts starts a new page

I've seen Champions Online, and it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I don't like the graphical style, and if the battle system isn't similar to PSU I'm not really interested.

In regards to the Sonic Team question: PSO. The only reason I won't play it is because I did everything I wanted to during my time on GC/BB.

Zorafim
Sep 18, 2009, 06:37 PM
In regards to the Sonic Team question: PSO.

Holy hell, PSO's only 8 years old. I didn't realize this. Uh, mind if I switch over to, uh, anything made after the dreamcast died off?