PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of playing psu again....

CeasOne
Sep 15, 2009, 04:14 PM
Hey all whats popin? A friend and I were thinking about picking up psu again. We haven't play in a good 6-8 months, I think the last event that was going on was the ass-end of MAG.Just wanted to here some people thoughts on the new missions,items or techs "lawlz", or whatever I missed. Thanks...

p.s. I played a 110 "or something" F newman ForceMaster with 3x psychowands , all attack techs 41+ .

Powder Keg
Sep 15, 2009, 04:24 PM
A lot of nice things have been added since MAG. Unfortunately, you won't find a lot of players playing right now. I wouldn't recommend it unless you either enjoy soloing a lot, or have a group of people to team up with regularly.

Tetsaru
Sep 15, 2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I'm afraid I can't say many good things about the game either. Player morale over PSU has done nothing but decrease over the past few months, and most people are looking at PSP2 as their new glimmer of hope, since *GASP!* Sonic Team isn't developing it. As you can see in my sig, I finally quit over a month ago because I just got tired of Sega not doing anything to REALLY help the game, and nowadays I just see more and more people here following suit... either that, or they just mock me whenever I post something about how shitty Sega and PSU are doing lately compared to most other major online games and companies. ^^; I hear there's barely a hollow star on the PC/PS2 servers anymore... ;_;

I guess you could start back up and check out the few tidbits that were added while you were gone, but honestly, I don't think you're missing enough to really warrant resubscribing. I'd save your money towards another game, because once you get bored of PSU again, I promise you, you'll just be waiting on Sega to make up their minds when to unlock more content off the disc give us another mission or event, which will be easily become old news within a week, once all the hardcore/elitist fans who still play the game zerg through it in 5 minutes, and all its new items will be flooded onto the market so any person with stacks of meseta can buy up everything, and more power creep will ensue, and everything just gets easier. Either that, or there'll be some recurring problem like a programming bug, server latency, or billing errors that'll rear its ugly head yet again. It happens all the time, and I finally just got sick of it. =/

But hey - it's your money, and your gaming preference. I'm just telling it as it is. :confused:

Delete
Sep 15, 2009, 11:13 PM
Like Tetsaru said, it's just not worth it at the moment. Psu is on it's last leg now and it's about to break. Even if Mag+ comes out next week, who really gives a shit? Sure we might be able to get Armas Lines and Killer Elites or whatever , but so what? Are we gonna start seeing a new enemies? Hell no. New drops? Maybe some shitty armor that you will never use. It just seems all hope is lost for this game now.

Sorry if I got a little off topic there ^^;

Powder Keg
Sep 15, 2009, 11:42 PM
I'm down for whatever will bring people back to playing. For those who aren't satisfied with "new things" they may as well not come back, because there is nothing really 'new' that will ever change about the game, minus the supplemental update.

CeasOne
Sep 16, 2009, 02:39 PM
Damn alot of negative criticism , but then again it is psu haha. I appreciate all the feedback though. I think my buddy and I are going to pick it back up just for the nostalgia factor. Play for a month or so then stay on hold for an hour with xbox customer support in India to get it canceled again =) Who knows maybe I'll luck out and my effing rabbit wand will come out .

Btw has anyone figured out what the last few "secret" achievements are on 360? I hate to own a game for this eff'ing long and not have them =/

milka
Sep 16, 2009, 02:42 PM
good luck

by Kenbo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEcVI8SyJ44

garjian
Sep 16, 2009, 03:19 PM
good luck

by Kenbo:

off topic: whats this song called... i must have it!
it brings up all kinds of emotions... not a lot does that to me :S
edit: found it! :D

on topic: yeah... psu on pc/ps2 seems dead...
its dying on xbox too it seems :<

Delete
Sep 16, 2009, 10:45 PM
Btw has anyone figured out what the last few "secret" achievements are on 360? I hate to own a game for this eff'ing long and not have them =/

You have to kill Dulk Fakis's Brother......whoops....I mean Dark Falz second form.
I would assume that as it is the most likely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DJwREL8WH4

Volcompat321
Sep 17, 2009, 12:06 AM
good luck

by Kenbo:

Hey, my card is in that video. (pause at 0:14 J5B-10 is my man cast)
I play, but not nearly as much as I used to.
I made threads down in player matchup saying if anyone wants to do runs, PM me!

unicorn
Sep 17, 2009, 01:28 AM
Save your money.

Gen2000
Sep 17, 2009, 07:48 AM
good luck

by Kenbo:

Lol, that should really make the reality of the PC/PS2 servers current state kick in if it haven't already.

Carrighan
Sep 17, 2009, 12:47 PM
The thing to keep in mind is if you enjoyed the game play it, if not don't. there's too much negativity on here to get a good feel of opinion. there are many who still play who are neither rich or elitist. if your on during the day
(EST) im ususlly on and would welcome you to run with me. evenings and weekends i reserve for my best friend to play. i have 3 capped and one working char at 122. no matter what you play as i have a well equiped char to balance even a group of 2. i have lots of things to lvl for pa so i wont steal the run lol.

Char names are Carrighan, Jedidiah Sisko, Drexel Braun, and MCFujikawa. you can message me at my shops or if you see me feel free to pop a hello at me.

Oddly its the ones used to whine its all too hard that now whine its all bad or too easy.

see ya soon and just have fun. isnt that what this is supposed to be about?