PDA

View Full Version : when is the new event coming out?

Brock33
Sep 19, 2009, 09:05 PM
what day is new event coming out and when is it^^;

Chuck_Norris
Sep 19, 2009, 09:07 PM
It comes out the day it comes out.

DAMASCUS
Sep 19, 2009, 09:25 PM
It comes out the day it comes out.

Can't you just feel the love? Sorry about that, we're all kind of annoyed at the lack of updates.

Sorry to say that we don't know when the next event( MAG+ ) may be starting but mid-October at the latest seems likely.

Powder Keg
Sep 19, 2009, 09:40 PM
Be careful, topics like this really set people on fire and they start hitting the rage keys.

But yeah, there's no way to know until Sega announces it.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 19, 2009, 10:03 PM
What new event?

Powder Keg
Sep 19, 2009, 11:18 PM
What new event?

Oh-ho-ho! +points

VariaXVIII
Sep 19, 2009, 11:35 PM
People still wait for events on PSU? I thought PSU was used for a paperweight nowadays. /joke

In all seriousness though, they skipped that whole other event that JP did so I can't imagine how long it'll be before a new one turns up.

Don't forget that SoA can never think of original content (they just borrow and translate from SoJ). SoJ is going to be occupied with writing an event for the launch of PSP2 (though that probably won't take them much effort). I'm assuming they're going to have one in NA for PSP2's launch as well but it hasn't even been announced for a release here yet, and it probably won't be all that interesting.

It's gonna be a bunch of tumbleweed and crickets for a few months, folks.. If SoA announces that they're shutting down the NA servers or something I won't be too surprised. :/

Powder Keg
Sep 19, 2009, 11:49 PM
The PSP hype can't be that big....there won't be the same amount of players playing it that started with PSU when it still had a decent population....that alone makes it not worth it.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 20, 2009, 12:08 AM
Don't forget that SoA can never think of original content (they just borrow and translate from SoJ).

SoA doesn't have coders. At least, not PSU ones. In fact, SoJ are the ones that translate too. It's purely SoJ that's making us wait all this time.

MegaZoneXE
Sep 20, 2009, 12:13 AM
i don't get how events[etc] aren't scheduled like weekly maintenance [we all know when maintenance starts and what day of the week][ as for events, it would be a monthly thing instead of weekly], they're just announced at random...shouldn't events be calendarize or something?

Can't you just feel the love? Sorry about that, we're all kind of annoyed at the lack of updates.

Sorry to say that we don't know when the next event( MAG+ ) may be starting but mid-October at the latest seems likely.

if its possibly we get ANY event by Mid October, ST should of LEAST announced it like.....late July not a week or so before it comes out.......

plan plan plan ahead

VariaXVIII
Sep 20, 2009, 12:39 AM
The PSP hype can't be that big....there won't be the same amount of players playing it that started with PSU when it still had a decent population....that alone makes it not worth it.

It's fairly big.. I mean, PSP and PSP2 are the closest things anyone'll ever get to a new update. :/

Now that I think about it..

My Rant
[SPOILER-BOX]Even if they had a decent event, I doubt it would do anything to bring back players. They've barely lifted a finger to add any new content to the game - I'm not talking about supplemental updates or rehashed missions here, I'm talking about the simple things like new maps or new enemies.

The last good thing we got was De Rol Le and the areas from MAG but it has been a slow painful decline from there.. MAG wasn't even that good. Dark Falz wasn't hard enough and his final form was a reskin of De Rol Le (ENOUGH OF DE ROL LE, HE WAS ONLY COOL FOR THE FIRST COUPLE OF WEEKS!). It was a constant grind to kill all the monsters.. though I wasn't surprised. Did I mention that the nostalgic factor dies pretty fast, too? I loved the PSO areas but we only got to see so little of what we grew up playing, not to mention the fact that a lot of enemies in MAG were already in PSU.

Then again, I'm picky.. I wouldn't be a satisfied player if I was playing the JP servers, either. Yes they get lots of nice events with EXP bonuses/new items/new missions/etc but I don't see any new maps or new enemies. No new bosses either for that matter. When I play an online game I expect to see things that make me feel uncertain. I don't play WoW or Mabinogi but both those games do just this and they never take their players for a bunch of nincompoops who salivate at the same thing over and over.

I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too, though. With SoA gradually losing more profit over PSUNA, it gets tougher to fix bugs and localize content because, well.. doing those updates don't guarantee that they'll make their money back. You have to update your MMORPGs with new content early in the game, not later. Otherwise you lose lots of profit.

Take for example two MMORPGs. One updates with new content on a monthly basis while the other waits a couple of months between each update, sometimes even more.
1. MMORPG #1 releases new content update next month with a couple of newer enemies and a new enemy faction facility. Long-time players keep on playing because of new content. A couple of prospective players talk about how dedicated the designers are to MMORPG #1 and they subscribe. MMORPG #1 makes some hardcore cash.
2. MMORPG #2 has released a new content update after a couple of months. A new mission! Well.. except it's like that previous mission you've played except the enemies are harder and the textures are recolored. The only subscribers that MMORPG #2 makes this month are the players who have played before and previously quit. Because MMORPG #2 never constantly updated from the start, the userbase gradually diminished over time. And because barely anyone plays the game, there's no word of mouth, and thus very few players subscribing.

I'm not saying they have to localize everything JP has done and put it in immediately, but they do have to work at it soon.[/SPOILER-BOX]

ashley50
Sep 20, 2009, 12:45 AM
one way to know when its out is that when you log on one day on PSU and see some changes in the Guardians Colony.

oooooor...checking this site or the official site every week?

Powder Keg
Sep 20, 2009, 12:49 AM
It's fairly big.. I mean, PSP and PSP2 are the closest things anyone'll ever get to a new update. :/

I just have my doubts that there will be a lot of people playing, especially for an extended period of time. What's the use if that's going to be the case? We'll have to wait and see, though. After this current installment of PSU I'm done with the Phantasy Star online games unless the drop-feed update process goes away.

Chibi_psu
Sep 20, 2009, 08:26 AM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/9/96/Coolface_troll_seal.png

Dead game is dead.Do you think mag+ will bring players? :3

Delete
Sep 20, 2009, 01:02 PM

You'd be surprised. True PSU had a bigger population, but there are sooo many players now who are tired of paying for no content. All it takes is for PSP2 to live up to it''s word, and it may grab a handful of PSU players.

garjian
Sep 20, 2009, 03:20 PM
You'd be surprised. True PSU had a bigger population, but there are sooo many players now who are tired of paying for no content. All it takes is for PSP2 to live up to it''s word, and it may grab a handful of PSU players.

a handful?

thats almost EVERYONE :S

mAsTeR OuTi
Sep 20, 2009, 03:59 PM
XBOX 360 PSU is still alive...even with no content we have 5 stars @ rush hour^^ so wait till we get MAG+ and stop complaining...if u dont want to play anymore... go away...most players dont care! ^^
If u rly enjoy this game... im sure we will meet again :)

so long

hunterseifer
Sep 20, 2009, 04:44 PM
The next event comes out when everyone just about quits, then everyone comes back when the new event gets released then we get 065 again and after that the population gets smaller. Its the circle of life.:whip:

Tetsaru
Sep 20, 2009, 06:04 PM
what day is new event coming out and when is it^^;

........I'll just leave it up to you whether or not you want to hear my response. =/

[spoiler-box]

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/tetsaru_arigashi/wallofshame.jpg

1 - Why would you want an event that's more than likely more reskins of older missions in the first place?? So they've got increased level enemies and new drops - big whoop. All the other "events" and "updates" have pretty much done the same damned thing: you run thru a mission, you kill everything, you HOPE you get the new items, then you do it 50 gajillion more times because there's nothing better to do on the game anymore. Sorry, but that kind of gameplay was what led me to quit PSU.

2 - That said, what is Sonic Team doing to improve the quality of PSU as a whole?? I still don't see that supplemental update or any game rebalancing or billing server improvement or latency issues being addressed lately, and I'm almost certain that somehow, something will get fucked up along the way once they DO release the event - it happens ALL THE TIME.

3 - Ur doin it wrong. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164930) Sorry if I sound like a douchebag, but these kinds of noob questions INFURIATE me. :argh:

[/spoiler-box]

Mikura
Sep 20, 2009, 06:20 PM
........I'll just leave it up to you whether or not you want to hear my response. =/

[spoiler-box]

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/tetsaru_arigashi/wallofshame.jpg

1 - Why would you want an event that's more than likely more reskins of older missions in the first place?? So they've got increased level enemies and new drops - big whoop. All the other "events" and "updates" have pretty much done the same damned thing: you run thru a mission, you kill everything, you HOPE you get the new items, then you do it 50 gajillion more times because there's nothing better to do on the game anymore. Sorry, but that kind of gameplay was what led me to quit PSU.

2 - That said, what is Sonic Team doing to improve the quality of PSU as a whole?? I still don't see that supplemental update or any game rebalancing or billing server improvement or latency issues being addressed lately, and I'm almost certain that somehow, something will get fucked up along the way once they DO release the event - it happens ALL THE TIME.

3 - Ur doin it wrong. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164930) Sorry if I sound like a douchebag, but these kinds of noob questions INFURIATE me. :argh:

[/spoiler-box]

Tet, just get used to it man. Questions like this are always going to pop up once in awhile in these forums.

Delete
Sep 20, 2009, 10:20 PM
Tet, just get used to it man. Questions like this are always going to pop up every day in these forums.

Fixed :wacko:

Powder Keg
Sep 20, 2009, 10:59 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://actingschmacting.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/broken-record.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Yusaku_Kudou
Sep 21, 2009, 09:24 AM
Host your own event like every 12-year old can and does every day on the 360 side. :p Granted, they're mostly fashion shows, but they have prizes and they're trying.