PDA

View Full Version : Your greatest PSU memory

SStrikerR
Sep 20, 2009, 08:22 PM
Well, it seems pretty gloomy here in PSU gen, (when isn't it?) so I decided that a ncie topic might lighten the mood and brighten some people's days. What was your greatest memory in PSU? I don't remember much about my time in the game, but Crimson Beast's Heyday was a pretty amazing time. There was always a party available, and I met some great people there.

So, what was your greatest PSU memory?

Credits go to AlexCraig for the topic idea.

GJARE
Sep 20, 2009, 08:39 PM
my greatest memory would have to be when i was doing a few runs of one of the hive missions with my friends. it was one of the luckiest runs ive ever done lol.
We only did about 6 runs and 3 [B] Agito repcas dropped and 2 [B] Gaozoran Rod dropped too

lol idk if these are still rare now but when those dropped they were pretty rare :3

Mikura
Sep 20, 2009, 09:05 PM
Probably one of the most memorable moments I had was way back in 2007 when me and some friends first did Sleeping Warriors and we got the rare map with a Hard/Power Charge drop at the end which went to me. My friend was kinda pissed because he wanted it too, but he congratulated me anyway and eventually he got one later. xD

GUARDIANDNL
Sep 20, 2009, 09:15 PM
i`ve never played PSU network mode... but you`re right sstriker... remember the days when this game was a full adventure, full of new characters that all people in this site want to see them action, the chance to travel to between planets, craft your very own weapons, those days we really believe the words of karen erra at the end of the game on story mode " the network mode is vast and infinite"... well..i`m just playing again extra mode on v.1 on my pc just for the good memories... in my days on the ps2 though...my greatest memory was get the game in it`s japan version... XD...i wait a little bit less than 10 months to get my english version on the ps2 and i enjoyed every chapter of the story mode...then i played the extra mode and was cool to see the suv weapons and nanoblast... then on the aoti expansion...i was really happy to see the durandal replica...the staff o chaos and the fomar suit to revive my PSO fomar... o yeah...it was really sad to see mirei`s death...cause i thought she will give her partner card for the extra mode =(...

oh well...i`m still playing extra mode cause i`m hunting the goddamm whitill wings on v.1...i don`t now why is so f........ hard this time on my pc version... to all player .... i really want to now your expiriences as much as sstriker... bye to all

pinkace
Sep 20, 2009, 10:00 PM
Hmmm... Toss up... either the very first time I met online with my old PSO friends and we all screamed like teenage girls at a justin timbahlake concert. Every time someone else showed up we screamed some more. The only time I screamed like that was with PSO ep2 on Gamecube.

The other contender to 'best memory' title would be the first time I saw the PSO maps on PSU... was it on MAG? That was almost painful; i was overflowing with nostalgia.

xBladeM6x
Sep 20, 2009, 10:04 PM
The night before, and the morning of 1UP. :D

Shadow Slayer
Sep 20, 2009, 10:08 PM
when i did my first 1k hit i was proud and happy..but know i throw 3 thousands around like nothing lol those were the good days

Delete
Sep 20, 2009, 10:14 PM
The night before, and the morning of 1UP. :D

I'm gonna have to agree with ya, 1up was definitely one of the best memories I can remember. It was an event that was actually fun, I loved how you fought wave after wave at the end getting all kinds of good drops.

The only thing that tops this is my brother pulling out 2 50% Rucars (out of 7), and giving them to me because I'm cool like that :D

darkante
Sep 20, 2009, 10:56 PM
1-Up and stuff usually that went on pre-expansion.
When you didnīt care much about rare items.
Also, the more the merrier.

Tetsaru
Sep 21, 2009, 12:29 AM
I remember when PSU was actually somewhat CHALLENGING before AotI came out...

And then people had to complain about how they couldn't hit the bee enemies and what not... :disapprove:

Other than that, I remember finding my very first Two-Headed Ragnus board back then when it was still WTF rare, and I was about to abort the mission because the party was disbanding. It only came out 14%, lol. Then I traded it for an even lower % Crea Doubles... sad to see how whored out all the rare items are now. =/

W0LB0T
Sep 21, 2009, 02:13 AM
This.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p106/W0LB0T/th_NVEExport0013.jpg (http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p106/W0LB0T/?action=view&current=NVEExport0013.flv)

Wait...What the fuck am I doing in here?

biggabertha
Sep 21, 2009, 03:26 AM
I'd have to say 1Up event as well but a very specific part - the last day and the last half an hour of it.

Me and a friend of mine duo'd the Moatoob mission for a Shigga Desta but got the consolation prize of a Gur Bazga instead. We got through Maggas with only a few seconds to spare if I remember and that was because my friend made a very quick judgement to use Twin Handguns as opposed to Dus Majarra at the time.

Rushing through that with such a huge amount of pressure to leave us with enough time to do the bonus mission was really an awesome and memorable time on PSU. My other best findings were also with the same friend too.

Ahhh... come to think of it.. there are more too - like the first time I did the Neudaiz 1Up and the times when two of my friends got hit by Error 192... I wished I had been a shoulder to cry on rather than think of what to say/do in response.

PSU actually has alot of good memories... (Like getting Mayalee Hit/Prism to Lv. 40..!)

Alnet
Sep 21, 2009, 04:03 AM
Running for an hour in Demons Above S, back when it was still new. It literally took our team of 6 over an hour to complete the mission. We ran out of Scape Dolls and had to send one of out to get more in Block 3, because we got a max-buffed Olgohmon-heavy map. Even though the nonstop freezer-burn, we were all just laughing at how absurd the difficulty spike was.

There are other memories, but this is the first memory I come to whenever someone asks the most fun I've had in PSU.

LP_Phoenix
Sep 21, 2009, 04:41 AM
This.

[spoiler-box]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p106/W0LB0T/th_NVEExport0013.jpg (http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p106/W0LB0T/?action=view&current=NVEExport0013.flv)
[/spoiler-box]

Wait...What the fuck am I doing in here?

i lol'ed so much XD it was too much for my pc, it was lagging like hell....but i can see some of my friends in there....
my greatest psu memories....some funny trades, some missions were fun (long time ago)...
and 1up....it was best event ever, especially cause i heard the right teleporter, or i knew it without this lil flower...this trick was awesome...nobody believed me in first place, but after 4-5 times when i was right, they all thought...what the hell....how did he know...and it was on day 2 of event ^^

Shou
Sep 21, 2009, 04:46 AM
Yo Firebreak! I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finish. But 1UP was one of the best events of ALL TIME!!! One of the best events of ALL TIME!

Ithildin
Sep 21, 2009, 05:13 AM
If I had to pick one moment it would probably be dancing with all my pals on our Saturday morning meet-up at the club during 1UP. I will never forget how much fun we all used to have.

Neith
Sep 21, 2009, 06:36 AM
"BEES, REROLL"

:disapprove:

In all seriousness, 1UP Cup was the most fun I've had in PSU. The missions were fun and varied, and there was plenty to do. The EX missions were awesome at the time "GUYS GUYS I GOT A HALAROD :D :D :D", but unfortunately every event since hasn't been as interesting. Shred the Darkness was decent, but not as fun as 1UP.

Also, the first day I got online was great. Trying to find all my friends when we all had no idea whatsoever how the Universe system worked was hilarious :wacko: I ended up just randomly running into one of them (Touka).

It's funny, while v1 PSU had its flaws, I had a hell of a lot more fun in v1 than I have with AoI.

Micro
Sep 21, 2009, 07:08 AM
It's funny, while v1 PSU had its flaws, I had a hell of a lot more fun in v1 than I have with AoI.

This.

1UP Cup is probably my greatest memory aswell. Loved that event soooooo much.

DEM_CIG
Sep 21, 2009, 09:29 AM
There are alot of get memories from PSU. It is hard to say which one was the best.But if I had to pick, it would be before the expansion came out. Back when running Seed awakened, and finding the third Ank deeda board when they first came out. That was awesome. The good old days where the best.

Africa
Sep 21, 2009, 10:16 AM
like most people my best memories of psu are pre expansion, the game was just just more enjoyable.1up was fun, but i generally enjoyed missions like grove and desert goliath because they were challenging to run alone and pretty fun in groups.

Keilyn
Sep 21, 2009, 10:44 AM
My best memory is probably how my current group came together....Nothing but team oriented playing, gags and fun ^^

Ryno
Sep 21, 2009, 10:55 AM
My Greatest PSU Memory/Moment.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/85.jpg

Delete
Sep 21, 2009, 12:52 PM
My Greatest PSU Memory/Moment.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/85.jpg

I hope it's not wrong for me to say "Holy Shit"

Powder Keg
Sep 21, 2009, 12:57 PM
!-up, where I met most of my great PSU buddies, and when a universe was actually full.

Cathbar
Sep 21, 2009, 01:30 PM
I think my favorite memories were before we got the porting patch. Instead of getting to a place and being able to teleport straight there from then on, I liked it way back in the day when you had to travel through all the levels to get to places like the Hot Springs or the Foran Waterfalls.

It was fun for me to run with my friends through them all just to get to the end lobby and relax in the springs or something. (Swimsuit party, anyone?)

My next best was when I leveled Zonde to 21+... That was a good day.

And I do agree, Pre AOTI was better. (Though I did like a few of the new haircuts)

Zorafim
Sep 21, 2009, 01:36 PM
Probably when I first met Einhart/Icespike. We were running through... What was it, Eastern Peril? We did one long-ass run, chatting it up along the way. When we got to the end, the group ended up doing a photoshoot. Which, of course, I was very appreciative of, because I was running the game on the PS2. That one run alone must have lasted hours, simply because of how much we chatted and had fun with each other. I think I still have some pictures from that...

[spoiler-box]
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/psu20070305_135841_189.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/psu20070305_134605_137.jpg
Damn. I forgot how nice the game looked...
[/spoiler-box]

RadiantLegend
Sep 21, 2009, 03:12 PM
When my good friend xaelis gave me his spread needle/g he earned from MAG. ;_;

Gen2000
Sep 21, 2009, 03:31 PM
The whole time 1up was here, no contest.

Noblewine
Sep 21, 2009, 05:10 PM
My fondest memories were my first event (1up cup). Making an Armor PM and clearing Unsafe passage/Fight for food to see my first end lobby.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Sep 21, 2009, 07:38 PM
My greatest memory, despite only being here for over 2 months, would be my first few days on this game. My first days were just amazing. I met a 160 that showed me the ways of the world, I discovered the badassness of the Photon Arts, the decent character customization, and the room-building feature. It was all so awesome and addicting! The fact that I joined during StD rewards and Protectors Gamma helped as well, especially with Zonspheres.

Runner-ups for this moment include meeting my regular mission teammates, first discovering the player market, and discovering Mines in PSU.

Aeris
Sep 21, 2009, 07:45 PM
My greatest PSU memory was getting a 22% light repca, i was happy that i first got a repca since that i was going after when i started online, also meeting nice friends online as well when i started.

VariaXVIII
Sep 21, 2009, 07:48 PM
When I quit playing because of MAG's lameness.

Mikura
Sep 21, 2009, 08:13 PM
I have to say, 1UP really was awesome. But I think it's because it had a lot going for it: Varied missions at the time, a last room that made you scramble to kill everything as fast as possible to reach the end boxes (which was really exhilarating and fun), meeting a lot of new friends in that club room, and everyone excited over the soon-to-be released AotI expansion. Overall, it gave the whole event, or rather, that one particular moment in time where you felt "This game is great, and it's only going to get better." Now we flash forward to today and we realize all those hopes, dreams, and optimism are all but crushed and withered away now. >_>

Squirrel3D
Sep 21, 2009, 08:59 PM
I have to say, 1UP really was awesome. But I think it's because it had a lot going for it: Varied missions at the time, a last room that made you scramble to kill everything as fast as possible to reach the end boxes (which was really exhilarating and fun), meeting a lot of new friends in that club room, and everyone excited over the soon-to-be released AotI expansion. Overall, it gave the whole event, or rather, that one particular moment in time where you felt "This game is great, and it's only going to get better." Now we flash forward to today and we realize all those hopes, dreams, and optimism are all but crushed and withered away now. >_>

So sad that I missed out on that event. Let's just say some things happened in my personal life that forced me to make the decsion to start paying for my own internet.

VariaXVIII
Sep 21, 2009, 09:05 PM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/JohnHoffman/fail.png

Even though there is an update coming, I thought this was relevant. :D

Gunslinger-08
Sep 21, 2009, 09:28 PM
As far as memories go, the whole string of them I have from the 1Up Cup. I made some great friends that I ran with for a long time. Sadly, none of them play any more.

SStrikerR
Sep 21, 2009, 09:32 PM
When I quit playing because of MAG's lameness.

I posted this topic to lighten to mood, not to have people come in and bring in their negativity to ruin it for people who still enjoy the game. (Note: I don't play myself, but I still posted a GOOD memory)

edit: Feel free to keep these kinds of post in your own topic, but kindly keep them out of mine.

VariaXVIII
Sep 21, 2009, 11:45 PM
I posted this topic to lighten to mood, not to have people come in and bring in their negativity to ruin it for people who still enjoy the game. (Note: I don't play myself, but I still posted a GOOD memory)

edit: Feel free to keep these kinds of post in your own topic, but kindly keep them out of mine.

Okay, okay. I actually did have a good moment once: When I got my first DB's sword. They looked cool.

hunterseifer
Sep 22, 2009, 02:29 AM
I have alot tbh, like running innocent girl just to complete the whole story but finding a repca and hanab along some edges, was awesome. But something I remember fondly was one day I was having terrible luck, I ran all day and got nothing during a event(cant remember which :-? it was some solo mish) and well, had some mats for a sawd+, so I was like oh well, might as well try and fail at this too. Gave the mats and ran to that box, smashed the box and picked the sawd+ up and it came out 48% dark....48% dark sawd+...HELL YEAH!!!! I dont run WB but hell, might as well! LOOK I CANT DIE, AHAHAAHAHA, GRAV BREAK SPAM, GRAV BREAK SPAM!!!! LOOK AT THE HP REGEN YEAH!!!

Ail
Sep 22, 2009, 06:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4K52atfgfY

even if it belongs to space channel 5.. for me it will always be the theme of the best psu event of all time. sometimes i listen it just to bring back those memories.

Ruru
Sep 22, 2009, 10:27 AM
i have quite a few moments in PSU history that i consider fond memories. i can't really say which one is my greatest though.

A few of my fondest PSU memories are mostly pre-AotI. finding a me / quick on my 5th eastern peril run ever. and having other people freak out on me because of my "super luck" (i had pretty awesome luck before AotI)

meeting a friend that still plays even to this day running HSM C when i was about level 20 so i could get enough money to buy a store made Sori-senba lol...

meeting another great friend who still plays with me to this day while talking in a friends room about the most random things ever.

running seabed S2 back when it was challenging lol.

and of course 1UP cup. we were really pushed to our limits during 1up and it felt good to try so hard and actually be rewarded for it. not only were we timed during the missions but the bonus as well. we were even timed opening the boxes XD that was amazing. 1UP was by far my favorite event to this day, because it seemed like they really tried hard to make it an event. and not just an extra mission with higher exp and better drop rates.

i did have a few good memories of AotI but those were mostly the first two weeks or so of it. and that was all the new clothes the hairstyles and of course some of the new missions that we were going to get.

Mikura
Sep 22, 2009, 05:55 PM
i have quite a few moments in PSU history that i consider fond memories. i can't really say which one is my greatest though.

A few of my fondest PSU memories are mostly pre-AotI. finding a me / quick on my 5th eastern peril run ever. and having other people freak out on me because of my "super luck" (i had pretty awesome luck before AotI)

meeting a friend that still plays even to this day running HSM C when i was about level 20 so i could get enough money to buy a store made Sori-senba lol...

meeting another great friend who still plays with me to this day while talking in a friends room about the most random things ever.

running seabed S2 back when it was challenging lol.

and of course 1UP cup. we were really pushed to our limits during 1up and it felt good to try so hard and actually be rewarded for it. not only were we timed during the missions but the bonus as well. we were even timed opening the boxes XD that was amazing. 1UP was by far my favorite event to this day, because it seemed like they really tried hard to make it an event. and not just an extra mission with higher exp and better drop rates.

i did have a few good memories of AotI but those were mostly the first two weeks or so of it. and that was all the new clothes the hairstyles and of course some of the new missions that we were going to get.

I hope that would be me! But if it isn't, I can't think of anyone else you even know. >_>

But yeah, I have a lot of fond memories of this game, but the list is too long to mention. Most involve events or meeting new friends. Hopefully, even after PSU is long dead and buried, the friends I met on here can still be with me in another MMO. *cough*FFXIV*cough*

CellarDoor
Sep 22, 2009, 05:58 PM
When I skipped class to be among the first online after Spread Needle/G's were handed out and grinded my 2nd one to 10/10.

Freshellent
Sep 22, 2009, 07:11 PM
Version 1 in general, I could sit here and list them all but it's been a while now. Way too many good memories.

Dragwind
Sep 22, 2009, 10:20 PM
Version 1 in general, I could sit here and list them all but it's been a while now. Way too many good memories.

I definitely agree with this, but I've also had some pretty great memories after AoI. As far as PSU memories overall go, I could probably write a book.

SStrikerR
Sep 22, 2009, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4K52atfgfY

even if it belongs to space channel 5.. for me it will always be the theme of the best psu event of all time. sometimes i listen it just to bring back those memories.

I might listen to it myself sometime...that was an amazing event, I loved it. The music got annoying after a while and most people got sick of it, but when it went away...well, I wanted it back haha.

DAMASCUS
Sep 22, 2009, 11:17 PM
I've been thinking about this but I can't get away from my memories of Fire Break. I really enjoyed that event. We also still had enough of a population that having missions on different planets was possible. Unfortunately the added goals that this created proved to be too much :/

I like the teamwork of clearing a field of pods and then gathering to tackle the big ones. With huge spawns popping up and killer Olgamohns too! It was truly challenging at the time and required real teamwork. I miss that feeling..

Bitzen
Sep 23, 2009, 05:42 AM
Oh man, I loved firebreak. How everyone became "rare map readers" and new methods to finding Sonichi Jaggo came out every other day. Count these many pods, yadda yadda. And I loved how everyone proved my theory on how Moatoob was boring by letting it burn. I also met most of my friends during that event and everyone learned the power of Dambarta. Also, being oneshotted by any vanda made learning how to play vital. Good times, I still have that Puyoment Aura from firebreak.

roardova lengths
Sep 23, 2009, 10:38 AM
Greatest memory, on my 14th account, I have acquired every single thing up to MAG+ that I wanted on the game. All neutral high class armors, all neutral weapons grinded to +5 - +7, all twin handguns grinded to +3 - +7 and all characters above 150. Wouldn't be there with out the likes of VA's Finest..., Calsetes, ADA, Ricardo Santilli, Crys, Keilyn, Ouranos, Wilder Beast, Tianna, my four PMs, Fulyen Curtz and myself... XD

Ruru
Sep 23, 2009, 04:50 PM
I hope that would be me! But if it isn't, I can't think of anyone else you even know. >_>

But yeah, I have a lot of fond memories of this game, but the list is too long to mention. Most involve events or meeting new friends. Hopefully, even after PSU is long dead and buried, the friends I met on here can still be with me in another MMO. *cough*FFXIV*cough*

well actually that would be alex :p

the get together wasnt exactly a "great" memory XD but we did have fun afterwards and have been in touch ever since then lol. which is a fond memory for me.

and yeah i'll definitely be on for FFXIV whenever it's finally out and i can afford to play it lol.

then it's bye bye PSU :D

Mikura
Sep 23, 2009, 05:40 PM
well actually that would be alex :p

the get together wasnt exactly a "great" memory XD but we did have fun afterwards and have been in touch ever since then lol. which is a fond memory for me.

and yeah i'll definitely be on for FFXIV whenever it's finally out and i can afford to play it lol.

then it's bye bye PSU :D

I second that. Unless PSU really picks up the pace by then, I'm dropping it like a hot potato for FFXIV. And who the hell is your other friend if it wasn't me? You mentioned two people in your post, but all I ever see you with is Alex. lol

Ruru
Sep 24, 2009, 02:28 AM
I second that. Unless PSU really picks up the pace by then, I'm dropping it like a hot potato for FFXIV. And who the hell is your other friend if it wasn't me? You mentioned two people in your post, but all I ever see you with is Alex. lol

lol first friend was sammy. you know sammy :p

i met him running HSM about a week or two into playing online.
i met alex through seth and armada about a month into playing and i've been with sammy and alex since lol.

Mikura
Sep 24, 2009, 03:17 PM
lol first friend was sammy. you know sammy :p

i met him running HSM about a week or two into playing online.
i met alex through seth and armada about a month into playing and i've been with sammy and alex since lol.

Oh, durrr. D: I guess Sammy didn't spring to mind immediately because he's lame and tends to play his alts all the time by himself. <.<

SupraMedical68
Sep 24, 2009, 04:11 PM
My greatest memory was back in Feb 2008 meeting a couple of players Itachi and Rintin. I had just gotten back to the US, and I hadn't been playing PSU in network mode for very long. I had just barely learned the ropes, and they were two of my first friends.

I met them and some other people, and we got along pretty well. Then we had formed a nice little click with about 7-8 people. I probably hadn't had that much fun in Phantasy Star since 2003. I still see them around, but we don't play much like we did in the old days.

shadycaliber2
Sep 24, 2009, 10:30 PM
I have not had any good memories yet, maybe the psu people upstairs can send me some stuff to compensate :) I'm really new and was just trying to find out where all the people are, place is empty. They need to cheapen up the fee or eliminate it and just have people pay for add-ons get the place jumping again like all of you remember. Just a suggestion like everyone else does.

Gilbert_owen_deming
Oct 10, 2009, 12:29 AM
My Greatest PSU Memory was when i first started ( i forget when) and i tryed to kill some koltovas at level 1 and i was dieng bad, then someone Joined Named Kylista and told me to go and do unsafe Passage untill like level 4-5 and then we became good freinds, and meet alot more freinds that i still hang out today with all thanks to her.

My Second Greatest Memory was when Crimson Beast first came out.

Like they say, "Old days are Golden days"

Shang
Oct 10, 2009, 02:23 AM
I've only played the 360 version since August, so I can't even say I've got a lot. I guess the best so far would be when I finally reset my bot to 100 striking and threw in my first Crea Doubles board and got a 50%. Well, I guess that woulda been the best if it wasn't a friend's board and materials (I got a little cut of the money though) >.<

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 12:22 PM
What was my greatest PSU memory? Hmmmm....that's a hard one. I met a lot of good people during the 3 years this game's been out. But if I had to choose, it would probably be when PSU got its first event..."Fire Break" I think it was my greatest memory because not only did we have a lot of players at that time, but that was the time when we really need to focus on team work; and was so easy to get into a party. Unlike today where there are locked parties and or some of us are soloists >.> I hope one day we can have something like Fire Break to where we have people come back home to PSU.

-Crokar-
Oct 10, 2009, 01:28 PM
quitting was my greatest lol

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 03:13 PM
quitting was my greatest lol

lmao that's a good one XD

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 03:46 PM
Greates Memory: Joining Da Familia before i left. Just great times...

Honorable mention: When rhea told me to go AT becuase i did so well at being a pure support FT lol....

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 03:54 PM
Greates Memory: Joining Da Familia before i left. Just great times...

Honorable mention: When rhea told me to go AT becuase i did so well at being a pure support FT lol....

It's true, I hardly see a good FT that will heal as SOON as he or she saw her party members health was low or status effect needed to be in check. You helped us save money from buying mates and such. I tend to do this as a habit, if I see a techer that I don't know; I will scan your abilites to see how good you really are. I know that kinda sounds very elitist, but I just like to help those who may need it. And Shiden I look forward to playing with you more. :) Keep up the good work, I don't think you need my help in teching at all lol. <3

Ryoten
Oct 10, 2009, 04:11 PM
I miss the good ole days. Like the meet & greet PSOW did. Hard to find the Vets of PSU to play with nowdays since Firebreak. But my greatest PSU memory is when I met alot of PSOW ppl & other ppl that are great to hang with. Hope to keep that going for awhile.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 04:24 PM
I miss the good ole days. Like the meet & greet PSOW did. Hard to find the Vets of PSU to play with nowdays since Firebreak. But my greatest PSU memory is when I met alot of PSOW ppl & other ppl that are great to hang with. Hope to keep that going for awhile.

PSU vet right here...I had no idea you were still around. :o The last time I saw you was that Sunday in Arika's costume contest.

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 04:28 PM
It's true, I hardly see a good FT that will heal as SOON as he or she saw her party members health was low or status effect needed to be in check. You helped us save money from buying mates and such. I tend to do this as a habit, if I see a techer that I don't know; I will scan your abilites to see how good you really are. I know that kinda sounds very elitist, but I just like to help those who may need it. And Shiden I look forward to playing with you more. :) Keep up the good work, I don't think you need my help in teching at all lol. <3

I do try my best :) I notice the lack of FT's and people saying AT's are better and whatnot....so i like to say I can do my job and yours (At's job i mean) with no hassle to the party :D but i stopped playing FT on my main. Went back to fortegunner to level bullets for a while.....like none of them are even 31 hahah except my dark rifle bullet which is oddly 36....I tech on my low level cast now tho! But she's only level 86....Need to get her atleast 100. All items and techs are the same tho :D and i still play the same....But i can use Paradi now!

I Wanna play with you more often also :P Need your card :D

Ryoten
Oct 10, 2009, 04:43 PM
PSU vet right here...I had no idea you were still around. :o The last time I saw you was that Sunday in Arika's costume contest.

I've been around Rhea but just dont have time to do things like lvl alts, do runs, ect ect. But once things starts to look up for us, I'll be more active then. Other than that, I might be helping others out or giving rares away. Pretty much got what I want. lol

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 04:47 PM
I do try my best :) I notice the lack of FT's and people saying AT's are better and whatnot....so i like to say I can do my job and yours (At's job i mean) with no hassle to the party :D but i stopped playing FT on my main. Went back to fortegunner to level bullets for a while.....like none of them are even 31 hahah except my dark rifle bullet which is oddly 36....I tech on my low level cast now tho! But she's only level 86....Need to get her atleast 100. All items and techs are the same tho :D and i still play the same....But i can use Paradi now!

I Wanna play with you more often also :P Need your card :D

Well when the next time we party together, I'll give you my card. I can't believe we didn't exchange cards during the STD event. OH btw I lvled a second set of techs for Chun-Li (my main AT) her attack techs are lvl 30 and of course her supports are lvl 50. Yeah I know I'm crazy for doing that extra work lol. Only reason why I did that was because I didn't wanna swap PA's between Rhea and Chun-Li ^^;

Zelos
Oct 10, 2009, 04:54 PM
Mine was when no matter what planet you went to you can always find a group of people doing missions!! Not only spamming one mission for 1 full year White Beast *cough cough*

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 04:56 PM
Well when the next time we party together, I'll give you my card. I can't believe we didn't exchange cards during the STD event. OH btw I lvled a second set of techs for Chun-Li (my main AT) her attack techs are lvl 30 and of course her supports are lvl 50. Yeah I know I'm crazy for doing that extra work lol. Only reason why I did that was because I didn't wanna swap PA's between Rhea and Chun-Li ^^;

I planned to do it yesterday after a bruce run but it musta slipped my mind >.<
Nah the 2nd set of techs arent that seious to me. A friend of mine has 2Mf's and a FT and all of them need to have a set of 50's or she goes OCD lol. I just like 1 set. becuase my chars are so different. Swapping Pa's are a pain but then you look at all your work being stronger all over again :)

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 04:58 PM
I've been around Rhea but just dont have time to do things like lvl alts, do runs, ect ect. But once things starts to look up for us, I'll be more active then. Other than that, I might be helping others out or giving rares away. Pretty much got what I want. lol

Okay sounds good lol I hope to hear from you soon. ^^;

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 05:01 PM
I planned to do it yesterday after a bruce run but it musta slipped my mind >.<
Nah the 2nd set of techs arent that seious to me. A friend of mine has 2Mf's and a FT and all of them need to have a set of 50's or she goes OCD lol. I just like 1 set. becuase my chars are so different. Swapping Pa's are a pain but then you look at all your work being stronger all over again :)

This is true, oh and now I'm trying to lvl a second set of dub PA's. God just thinking about it makes me wanna cry trying to lvl Absolute Dance again. >.>

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 05:11 PM
This is true, oh and now I'm trying to lvl a second set of dub PA's. God just thinking about it makes me wanna cry trying to lvl Absolute Dance again. >.>

O.o Never even tried leveling that thing.

Hardest pa for me was....Megiverse 1-31. Was just painful really.

Never really leveled my bullets. It just happened lol.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 05:17 PM
O.o Never even tried leveling that thing.

Hardest pa for me was....Megiverse 1-31. Was just painful really.

Never really leveled my bullets. It just happened lol.

Yeah AD is a pain at first.Until you get it to lvl 11+ it gets a little bit better. And boy oh boy idk how many other techers that ask how could I sit through and lvl megiverse. I told a few ppl that I probably should lvl it again to piss ppl off lol :D

Keilyn
Oct 10, 2009, 05:19 PM
i leveled my megiverse easily in seed express and mag'

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 05:20 PM
i leveled my megiverse easily in seed express and mag'

Yeah I glanced at you card a couple of times and saw that you were there lvling "The Ring" lol

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 05:25 PM
I just couldnt do it in seed express. boomas live longer >.<

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 05:27 PM
If I was to lvl anything in SEED Express, it would be for lvling laser pa's

Keilyn
Oct 10, 2009, 05:33 PM
I only leveled in the first 2 blocks....and then abandoned since I was not doing S2 and already had 160/20. Had dark armor to reduce megid damage to 0 and leveled my techs....went to some other maps I loved when I got bored. ;P

If i made Megiverse into an item for neverwinter nights I would name it "The ring of sheer boredom" ^_^

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 05:35 PM
I only leveled in the first 2 blocks....and then abandoned since I was not doing S2 and already had 160/20. Had dark armor to reduce megid damage to 0 and leveled my techs....went to some other maps I loved when I got bored. ;P

If i made Megiverse into an item for neverwinter nights I would name it "The ring of sheer boredom" ^_^

LOL "The Ring of sheer boredom" now that's a good one. I'd have to get drunk to even consider lvling that mess again.

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 05:44 PM
LOL "The Ring of sheer boredom" now that's a good one. I'd have to get drunk to even consider lvling that mess again.

Lol.....I dont want to level killer shot as a gunner. Saw lilzael's endrum remnants bullet levling thing and i'm prob gonna do that when psu works again >.<

Ryoten
Oct 10, 2009, 06:20 PM
Think we should try to do another meet & greet for old & new people. Or to just get to know everyone well.

Keilyn
Oct 10, 2009, 06:27 PM
Lol.....I dont want to level killer shot as a gunner. Saw lilzael's endrum remnants bullet levling thing and i'm prob gonna do that when psu works again >.<

Is that what people refer to "AFK-Bullet leveling?"

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 06:33 PM
Is that what people refer to "AFK-Bullet leveling?"

Yep. That it is.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 07:35 PM
Yep. That it is.

Afk lvling...hmmm..i feel like it's cheating, plain and simple. :o

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 07:41 PM
I guess you could call it that. But hey, i'm a high school student. I dont have time to level bullets of all things.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 07:42 PM
I guess you could call it that. But hey, i'm a high school student. I dont have time to level bullets of all things.

Buy I work 2 jobs :o don't worry about afk lvling, focus on your studies :)

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 07:50 PM
Buy I work 2 jobs :o don't worry about afk lvling, focus on your studies :)

but youre making money :( and probably have a car >.< i waslk to and from school.....10miles >.< yes studies are important especially when in the accursed IB program (if youve heard of it in florida)

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 07:57 PM
but youre making money :( and probably have a car >.< i waslk to and from school.....10miles >.< yes studies are important especially when in the accursed IB program (if youve heard of it in florida)

Yeah I'm making money, but most of that money goes to my bills in such. I live alone, yeah I have a car that's paid off...thank god lol. And yeah I heard of that IB program, I'm from Florida too. But I would hate to have to walk 10 miles anywhere :o I don't know how you do it...

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 08:10 PM
Yeah I'm making money, but most of that money goes to my bills in such. I live alone, yeah I have a car that's paid off...thank god lol. And yeah I heard of that IB program, I'm from Florida too. But I would hate to have to walk 10 miles anywhere :o I don't know how you do it...

but there's cash on the side to eat >.< and u live alone lucky. well...i do it by....Sheer will power lol....and alot of clean white tees to sweat into. Great cardio though.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 08:15 PM
but there's cash on the side to eat >.< and u live alone lucky. well...i do it by....Sheer will power lol....and alot of clean white tees to sweat into. Great cardio though.

lol well if the cardio is great :)

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 08:17 PM
I dont usualy mind walking. Its just i dont eat breakfast....or in school and dont have any water for the walk lol then it becomes grusome.

LeynasMoon
Oct 10, 2009, 08:23 PM
My best memory of PSU?
1-Up cup, most likely!
A compilation of my best PSU friends, some of the funnest missions to play, PSU v1 difficulty, and that snazzy lobby song. : D

This video was a snippet of one reason why I liked it. Just playing around with some of the best friends I had back then.
(Disclaimer: FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR EARS, TURN YOUR VOLUME DOWN BEFORE CLICKING THESE LINKS. I failed at adjusting volume for my recordings.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Elazulscore/th_a6af976f.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Elazulscore/?action=view&current=a6af976f.flv)

Komugi, Signe, SSJ Sonic and I, just being silly. :3 I really miss playing with all you guys at the same time, now. Mrrr.

(I suggest anyone viewing this one to hit your mute button.)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Elazulscore/th_ac9014d3.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Elazulscore/?action=view&current=ac9014d3.flv)

This was the time when 1-Up cup was in it's very last few seconds, before it ended. I took it for granted back then, but I miss those days we we had this many people to make THAT much spam.

I had a lot of great memories of this game and the people in it who I met. It's sad that we'll never see the future of PSU to be as worthwhile as the past of PSU. At least, that is the way it seems to be going, to me. I've been playing it ever since the first 24 hours of the launch, only once have I had a break and not payed my subscription, I can't seem to tear myself away for very long. It's kind of a good thing that error 60, 65, et cetera do it for me, I suppose. :x
*Frantically tries to log in again, anyway*

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 08:25 PM
I actually started psu on my main (Shiden) in 1up.....the joys i had there.....the same hope you have is what keeps me playing.

Kaioken
Oct 11, 2009, 05:54 AM
I agree totally with you guys. Platinum one cup was definitely the peak excitement on PSU. Every server (and I mean EVERY SERVER) had stars. There was no server completely void of players. Firebreak and 1UP cup had the highest participations of players. My other fondest memory was the AOTI download. All my friends and I couldn't wait to download the patch. The slight graphic overhaul. The new stages (that we've all ran a billion times by now lol) the change in the color of stars for item/weapon rarity. And just seeing what we can't seem to see anymore. New stuff. Watching a chronoseline (15 star synthesis item) drop in Caves of Ice and having everyone shout at the same time "WHAT THE !#%^ IS THAT!!!!?" :)

rayner
Oct 13, 2009, 12:47 PM
My greatest PSU memory was starting it for the first time... in OCT 2006 I had a bet with one of my friends that I couldn't go a whole month without playing video-games. Of course PSU came out during that month... I won the bet and it wasn't until NOV 1st that I began playing that's the reason for my 17K id. I also met-up with a mutual friend from PSO in the first few weeks and we've been playing all sorts of Xbox LIVE games for the past 3 years.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 13, 2009, 12:53 PM
It had to be starting out for the first time for me. It was a pain at first but thankfully I met a buncha people who helped me. Including my first "fan". Apparently Carmilla was a bit popular with some people. Maybe because of my "DELETE EVERYTHING WITH HATE AND JUSTICE" attitude.

GreenArcher
Oct 14, 2009, 03:30 PM
Level 90 cap race

We tried so hard to out do Seance + Eleina + Cherry......so hard.... :(

tadtwisted
Oct 14, 2009, 05:26 PM
the day PSU came out my friend and i did the first 2 missions in parum he was a hunter i was a ranger bothe lv 5 and we get to the dragon, still learning the game and im using twin handguns he is rocking a sword so 15 min later we are still fighting the dragon he is hitting for like 30 i am hitting for 6-10 hes buring through monomates and dimates so im dropping mine for him since i can stay far away and them BAM i run out of PP on all my guns and we didnt know about photon charges so im running waiting for my PP to generate and hes down to regular slash attacks, we were about to give up but the success dragon dead... so then we procedded to get owned by svaltus in sleeping warriors :nono:

XFoxPrower
Oct 14, 2009, 09:55 PM
A few memories here, some selectively chosen, some forgotten and not shown. Anyway~

The Triple Threat:
[spoiler-box]
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4605/psuboys.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Warm fuzzy memories:
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4060/milokytesit.png

[spoiler-box]
And... WUT?
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4858/psutailsbattleqy6.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

-Crokar-
Oct 14, 2009, 10:22 PM
hmmm came back to the game nothings changed new greatest memory?

Arika
Oct 15, 2009, 09:29 AM
The Triple Threat:
[spoiler-box]
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4605/psuboys.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Warm fuzzy memories:

That is very good drawing, do you have DeviantArt account?

XFoxPrower
Oct 17, 2009, 12:48 AM
That is very good drawing, do you have DeviantArt account?

I do, but not my drawing. Credit goes to Crimson Skye :)

http://crimsonskye013.deviantart.com/art/DendynMiloPSU-75885866

Alnet
Oct 17, 2009, 01:14 AM
My best memory of PSU?
1-Up cup, most likely!
A compilation of my best PSU friends, some of the funnest missions to play, PSU v1 difficulty, and that snazzy lobby song. : D

This video was a snippet of one reason why I liked it. Just playing around with some of the best friends I had back then.
(Disclaimer: FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR EARS, TURN YOUR VOLUME DOWN BEFORE CLICKING THESE LINKS. I failed at adjusting volume for my recordings.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Elazulscore/th_a6af976f.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Elazulscore/?action=view&current=a6af976f.flv)

Komugi, Signe, SSJ Sonic and I, just being silly. :3 I really miss playing with all you guys at the same time, now. Mrrr.
*gaaaaaaaaaaaasp* ;o My character appears on camera!?

Nyan, I actually feel bad not being able to log in 6.99 days out of the week. I know quite a few people like yourself who are still on, and some more that came back recently. If I can, I'll be sure to let you know ingame when I'm on. Not as good as all of us at the same time, but ehh.

Ecchi
Oct 17, 2009, 01:19 AM
Sadly My greatest PSU memory hasnt happened, Becuz new ones are being made just about every other day!

DreXxiN
Oct 17, 2009, 06:45 AM
Indisputably I'd have to say 1up Cup. Had lots of fun just chilling and playing with buds on vent. It was an incredible experience. I wish I could go back to it.

MadDogg
Oct 17, 2009, 07:46 PM
Indisputably I'd have to say 1up Cup. Had lots of fun just chilling and playing with buds on vent. It was an incredible experience. I wish I could go back to it.

This, dammit this. 1 up cup was so damn fun, especially when the moatoob mission came out, had some good laughs with the part where you had to stick close to a friend, good times on the 360 version when you got you and your friend yelling at each other to stay close and hold hands. Also keep in mind we where all suped for AOTI to come out.

Now each and everyone of us quit PSU and moved on to other online RPGS besides playing the random 360 game. I would kill for a pso blue burst port for live arcade.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Oct 17, 2009, 10:02 PM
I had a few that stick out in my memory.
1st was when I capped my Megid at 40 before they made all the PA's easier to lvl.
2nd was getting that Megid to 41 as a MAsterforce and laught at all my buds complaining about how I'm 1 shoting all the socerers on SEED Express before they can hit them lol.
And my last one was the day I maxed all my techs. That was a great day on PSU.

WizeMan
Oct 18, 2009, 04:28 AM
Since I am new to the game there isnt much but so far it has been running into some familiar monsters from the older game, the only one I have seen so far was Grass Assassin but still its nice, I flipped out when he came charging at me lol... Also, following some advice on slicers, I recently picked one up and well that was a pretty impressive moment it is:

PSO Slicer < PSU Slicer

Seriously overpowered but it helps us lower characters do some pretty good speed runs. Seriously for aslong as military subway is it only takes 15 mins to do it.

Volcompat321
Oct 18, 2009, 06:45 AM

Pretty much this.

It was back when me, and my 2 RL friends played almost nonstop.
The friends house we barricaded ourselves in, had to get a new power control unit box thing.
We used so much awesome PSU with his power and it blew the whole houses electricity.
(We had 3 Ps2's, 3 PC's(not for PSU..we didn't have a copy for PC), 3 TV's the router, another TV for background noise, and whatever else we had going on.
Apparently you're not supposed to hook up that much stuff on 1 outlet, using multiple power strips....:o

Haha, anyway, I also wish we could go to back then, there was an indescribable amount of fun.

Plus, back then I didn't work so much, so I could PSU more.

Dracos
Oct 18, 2009, 05:54 PM
When universes 1-4 were full...

Kismet
Oct 20, 2009, 12:20 PM
Hmm... I don't have a particular single great memory of PSU, but rather my whole first few months of playing it were especially wonderful. I had never enjoyed a game that much or knew a network of gamers who could grow that close. It was a nice time, and I wish I could re-visit those days. Sadly, they'll be gone forever. Even though many have left PSU, including myself (for now, anyways), I'll always remember them even if they don't remember me, because of the good times we shared together.

It's why PSU will always have a special place in my heart.

Xefi
Oct 24, 2009, 12:30 AM
For me, it was when the game first came out in US; yeah,
I'm quite the old timer in this game. I quitted PSO: BB just
to play PSU! : )

I like how so many people were on PC/PS2 back then, it
was really easy to find parties.

MSAksion
Oct 24, 2009, 02:21 PM
DAWWWW. lots of memories to recall. Its been 3 years since launch week.

If i look at my card list the first friends i ever made... haven't played PSU in almost 2 years. But the friends who have stayed are the best i've ever had. My entire MSN chat network is nothing but PSU and former-PSU players.

Best memory of PSU? = Firebreak. That is where i met everyone. And the teamwork needed to win within the strict time limit at our low levels required coordination that you just dont need anymore. I could throw names of who i met in Firebreak but they know who they are.

Boy was there a lot of in-fighting and drama. Who knew a non-existing red box could cause so much trouble.

Shou
Oct 24, 2009, 02:46 PM
Need 1up+ event! :D

Ceresa
Oct 24, 2009, 03:12 PM
Doing 1000 runs of Sleepy Warriors S2 when it came out for Psychowand board and not getting one.

Then spamming Famitsu (1up) Cup for 6 weeks to make meseta and spending that 99,999,999 meseta on a pwand board and nearly bankrupting myself. Then waiting and waiting for +20% synth up reward to synth with a 83% chance and succeeding.

Then AoI came out a month later and anyone with an hour to kill could go farm a board and synth it at 99%. I miss you V1!

Oh limit break diga is pretty high up there too...

xBULLYDOGG
Oct 24, 2009, 03:44 PM
Quite a few to state but here I go.
1. Getting my first ever twin rippers on the demo and screaming like a child. I loved them so much.
2. Getting around 460k on the demo and the waking up the next day to see that everything had been reset - thats when I moved to the real game.
3. Starting the real game with my 90k ID during the second running of MAG, my friend had given me a 17% 2/7 dark blackheart and 500k lol. I think I ended up spending 150k on clothing because there was so much!
4. Seeing rappies on the real game lol and also getting my first mill!
5. Quite some time after MAG, but a week before the Parum GBR with Seed express I met someone new who I became great friends with. I met a lot of good players and people in general through him and he tought me a lot.

3 Roses
Oct 24, 2009, 04:22 PM
Here are some of my greatest memories of PSU on the PC side before I went on the Xbox 360:
1.Parum GBR, got some good rares there but one random party something funny happened that I couldn't forget(don't know if I can post what happen because I don't know if it could offend)
2.Electronic Brain, besides the random kicking off and the boss being a re skin this was the first time I got into a quest, also got enough catilinum to make a 2 headed ragnus that I got from the 1-up cup and it came out 50%.

I've been on the PC close to launch but didn't had good memories most of the time until Aol.

Noblewine
Oct 24, 2009, 05:08 PM
The first time I fought a Deragnus. My hand went completely numb
My first year playing I tried shooting a Deragan wings so it couldn't fly. I ended up wasting ammo.

MegaZoneXE
Oct 24, 2009, 05:57 PM
Back in PSUv1, it was Me and 3 other players: Crusader[M], DemonEye Wolf[F, aka DW], and Leopold[M] ...just us 4 ....playing none stop...good times. Crusader's quote was "LIVE2DANCE!!!" mines was "LOVE&PEACE!!!"

......they all left the game, before thee expansion came out

i remember when a guy joined our party and he had a hacked svaltus sword...wasn't even released yet!! blew my mind[ now it's such a common sword now...]

Firebreak was my first event...and by far my favorite..till this day!

Use to envy this guy cause he had like every rare sword[ Cresaud, Soda Crea, etc] when i finally got one, i was losing mind mind hahaha!

hahaha!! i member when we had to push ourself to get in universe 01 cause it was always full!!!!! hated playing in universe02 ._.

PSU Phere
Oct 25, 2009, 10:51 PM
the greatest memory i had was 3 or 4 days after a very personal close friend of mine had just started 2 play the game. and back when 'The Holy Grounds" was the best place to lvl up. the first easter of all of PSUhistory, we weere just casually running thru and my friend says "look! rapps!" then i say "sweet deal dude, they'll lvl u up fast.' then he says "wtf is with the eggs on their head??" then i say "dude! thats messed up!!" then we kill them, and TWO, thats right TWO, [b] rabol rappy drop, and i get them both. i ended up selling both of them 4 a mil each!! XD !! this was back when the lvl cap was around 60-70, and i had 2 mil... remember how if u had 15k4 ur shop u felt like king shit? XD !!

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 26, 2009, 12:26 AM
I was Harry Potter during MAG2... then people found out that I was a girl. Then my 360 RROD'd. I didn't have anybody playing for me, even though Harry Potter was under LV100 the entire time, and I wasn't killing the fastest, but I skipped sleeping altogether. I went 60 hours straight of C run MAG2. I think I came a little too close to what happened to certain South Korean 'Net cafe gamers... but it's an experience I will never forget. You lose track of reality completely. I went outside to buy food and it didn't even feel real. I slept for like 15 hours after that and went right back at it until the RROD saved my sorry life haha! Ah yeah... didn't have a job at the time. Do now, love my job, I'm in good shape and getting myself out there socially, but I still have at least 30-40 hours a week on PSU logged hehe. <3

Volcompat321
Oct 26, 2009, 12:41 AM
After today, I'd have to say that Alpal Day was probably my greatest memory.
For all those who missed it, Shou and I posted some pics on here and PSU forums.
It was the most fun I've had in a really long time, and there was actually a shit ton of people on PSU today! (Pc/ps2)
It might be because of Alpal and his day, or it could be people wanted to log on, but it was full!
It was so full in the lobbies everyone was, that I even lagged a bit! :o
It was GREAT!

DragonStriker
Oct 26, 2009, 02:23 AM
After today, I'd have to say that Alpal Day was probably my greatest memory.
For all those who missed it, Shou and I posted some pics on here and PSU forums.
It was the most fun I've had in a really long time, and there was actually a shit ton of people on PSU today! (Pc/ps2)
It might be because of Alpal and his day, or it could be people wanted to log on, but it was full!
It was so full in the lobbies everyone was, that I even lagged a bit! :o
It was GREAT!

Alpal day sucked he didn't give me any rares.

Volcompat321
Oct 26, 2009, 02:29 AM
That nub!

DragonStriker
Oct 26, 2009, 02:42 AM
I reported him.

Volcompat321
Oct 26, 2009, 03:56 AM
Me too.

Dragon_Knight
Oct 26, 2009, 08:31 AM
My best time had to be all those runs with Jagdpanzer, Red_Ghost, Deja, Chaotic Betty, and a few others I know I've forgotten now, (sorry guys ;_;) into the dessert all to hunt down a Shigga Baret when that thing was ungodly rare. Being a Newman AND a PT made things intresting since I was often seen running around with either and axe, shotgun, or a bow and no mob in that place could withstand my l337 traps skillz while suffuring under the withering fire of four other gunners shottys/rifles. The boss was always a pain though ._. Jadg kept making fun of it by using the drop kick saber PA. Also Betty would occationaly switch to force mode and ususaly donned a maid getup while she was at it.

*Drops Freeze Trap EX at your feet*

SHOOP DA WHOOP!

barnacleez
Oct 26, 2009, 04:06 PM
So many memories...

v1 Memories:
-Playing as a Cast GT and trying to get my wands to the point where they'd be better than a monomate / as good as a dimate (good ol' 44% tp mod or something like that)
-Making a complete set of 10/10 B rank kubara twin handies
-The day Boktos parts were released (swimsuits on the same day, right?) :D
-1UP Cup, Firebreak, etc.
-Having to constantly strafe and run around enemies while gunning to stay alive
-HIVE area opening and instantly regretting doing S rank alone
-All the perks that came with being a GT at the time (bow v rifle, PA space, card worship, resta/reverser, finding an armor with head, arm, and extra slots that was A rank, lol diga, etc.)
-Breaking multiple B rank guns and wands, wasting millions for the sake of a slightly better healstick
-Hour long party missions, having to run to the vender to restock on gear at the end of each block (for some missions, at least)
-Meeting up with many old PSO friends again
-Spamming missions just for the rare spawns (Black Heart, Ank Bico, etc.)
-Horrible, stupid trades by today's standards

AotI Memories:
-VCC
-MAG
-Waiting for the master classes, namely GM, to hit our servers and getting S gear ready before their release
-Awoken Serpent / Team Rejection
-Grinding my first and only 10/10 S rank, a shigga barec
-Being one of the first (if not THE first) Gunmasters to max out GM(20) on the pc/ps2 servers

And of course from v1, getting owned/slaughtered/murdered by the bosses and everything else:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/barnacleeezz/everyonedies.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/barnacleeezz/Jaggo_0.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/barnacleeezz/Solo6.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/barnacleeezz/Boss3.jpg

str898mustang
Oct 26, 2009, 04:10 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/barnacleeezz/everyonedies.jpg

I wish Mimiru still played :(

Niered
Oct 26, 2009, 05:52 PM
My favorite memory was that from day one we were re-running the same mission 10-15 times a day, for 2-3 weeks straight until a new update came out so that we could go to another area and do the exact same thing in the hopes of obtaining that one little piece of content that Sega gave us in the form of a new weapon that would be worthless in less than a month.

Even better than that was every time I hit the level cap and just ground my head against the glass ceiling of the max level for weeks on end until we'd get a little update that would increase it by 10 levels, then hitting the cap weeks before the next update and doing it all over again.

And the reskins! Gosh how I loved fighting the same 3 bosses with different textures the entire time I played the game. Never had to worry about any surprises or anything like that, you know exactly what you were getting the second you stepped into a new boss arena. Is it gonna be the GIANT ROBOT or the GIANT DRAGON? Oh the tension!

But by far, the best was being a ranger. Pushing the exact same button over and over and over and over for hours on end while the other players got to mix things up with techniques and photon art special attacks was the best! Once in awhile I would pop a photon charge to refill my ammo and that would be the highlight of my mission. The rest of the time I let the monotonous tapping and strafing left to right lull me into a comatose state of death/boredom.

Good times!

DragonStriker
Oct 26, 2009, 06:28 PM
My favorite memory was that from day one we were re-running the same mission 10-15 times a day, for 2-3 weeks straight until a new update came out so that we could go to another area and do the exact same thing in the hopes of obtaining that one little piece of content that Sega gave us in the form of a new weapon that would be worthless in less than a month.

Even better than that was every time I hit the level cap and just ground my head against the glass ceiling of the max level for weeks on end until we'd get a little update that would increase it by 10 levels, then hitting the cap weeks before the next update and doing it all over again.

And the reskins! Gosh how I loved fighting the same 3 bosses with different textures the entire time I played the game. Never had to worry about any surprises or anything like that, you know exactly what you were getting the second you stepped into a new boss arena. Is it gonna be the GIANT ROBOT or the GIANT DRAGON? Oh the tension!

But by far, the best was being a ranger. Pushing the exact same button over and over and over and over for hours on end while the other players got to mix things up with techniques and photon art special attacks was the best! Once in awhile I would pop a photon charge to refill my ammo and that would be the highlight of my mission. The rest of the time I let the monotonous tapping and strafing left to right lull me into a comatose state of death/boredom.

Good times!

Bawwing about the game is really just sad. This isn't an error or glitch all these things are by design so the reason you did all of this and didn't it enjoy it is all on you. Perhaps you should find another game because these things aren't going to change because people still enjoy them.

Niered
Oct 26, 2009, 06:45 PM
Bawwing about the game is really just sad. This isn't an error or glitch all these things are by design so the reason you did all of this and didn't it enjoy it is all on you. Perhaps you should find another game because these things aren't going to change because people still enjoy them.

Your obviously misunderstanding me! How could I not love those things? It was just so impressive for Sega to try those ideas. Any other developer would have "fleshed out" those components in an attempt to better "implement" them into the overall "game design". But not my sega! They knew better than to assume I would want that. They gave me the monotony I so desired, and the crushing feeling of defeat whenever I tried to craft a weapon or grind it.

Thats the only reason I even left the game then, they made the crafting and grinding system less difficult with the expansion pack, hoping to fix what virtually everyone but I and my most hardcore of fan-friends had disliked about the game. I had to bid PSU goodbye at that point, sega was just making too many consolations for "fun gameplay".

Even more insane was the fact that they ADDED a boss type to the expansion pack! There were now 5 bosses counting Falz and the new De Rol Le? My head simply could not wrap itself around such a number. I felt like I should have been paying them at least double the asking price of the expansion pack for such a privilege!

And then on top of all this they added S2 and S3 missions to the levels we already had? But sega, how am I supposed to play those when I have to grind through 4 difficulties of the same area already? Its just too much content! So much content in fact that its like they cheated or something to get that much playtime!

So now I just play PSU offline, for 27 hours a day. I can't thank Sega enough for this game, in fact its the only game Ive played since PSO came out. Thats right, since I played PSO I stopped playing any other games until PSU came out. It was all part of my attempts to keep my mindset as pure as possible, i didn't want any new game design concepts getting in my head and messing with my preconceived notions of just what PSU would be.

And let me tell you, when you do things that way, theres no way you can be disappointed!

Kismet
Oct 30, 2009, 01:49 AM
DAWWWW. lots of memories to recall. Its been 3 years since launch week.

If i look at my card list the first friends i ever made... haven't played PSU in almost 2 years. But the friends who have stayed are the best i've ever had. My entire MSN chat network is nothing but PSU and former-PSU players.

Best memory of PSU? = Firebreak. That is where i met everyone. And the teamwork needed to win within the strict time limit at our low levels required coordination that you just dont need anymore. I could throw names of who i met in Firebreak but they know who they are.

Boy was there a lot of in-fighting and drama. Who knew a non-existing red box could cause so much trouble.

*om-noms Momo* :3

dreamchild716
Nov 3, 2009, 11:57 PM
heh im new to the forum although i always read the posts and use psow but yeah my fave psu memory has to be other than how much fun 1up was doing MAG1 and ending up top5 Nozomi -_- i couldnt crack top 3 but yeah was fun trying :) heres some old skool stuff from psu launch..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYetkXdqqs8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYetkXdqqs8

BIG OLAF
Nov 4, 2009, 12:01 AM
Your obviously misunderstanding me! How could I not love those things? It was just so impressive for Sega to try those ideas. Any other developer would have "fleshed out" those components in an attempt to better "implement" them into the overall "game design". But not my sega! They knew better than to assume I would want that. They gave me the monotony I so desired, and the crushing feeling of defeat whenever I tried to craft a weapon or grind it.

That's the only reason I even left the game then, they made the crafting and grinding system less difficult with the expansion pack, hoping to fix what virtually everyone but I and my most hardcore of fan-friends had disliked about the game. I had to bid PSU goodbye at that point, sega was just making too many consolations for "fun gameplay".

Even more insane was the fact that they ADDED a boss type to the expansion pack! There were now 5 bosses counting Falz and the new De Rol Le? My head simply could not wrap itself around such a number. I felt like I should have been paying them at least double the asking price of the expansion pack for such a privilege!

And then on top of all this they added S2 and S3 missions to the levels we already had? But sega, how am I supposed to play those when I have to grind through 4 difficulties of the same area already? Its just too much content! So much content in fact that its like they cheated or something to get that much playtime!

So now I just play PSU offline, for 27 hours a day. I can't thank Sega enough for this game, in fact its the only game Ive played since PSO came out. That's right, since I played PSO I stopped playing any other games until PSU came out. It was all part of my attempts to keep my mindset as pure as possible, i didn't want any new game design concepts getting in my head and messing with my preconceived notions of just what PSU would be.

And let me tell you, when you do things that way, there's no way you can be disappointed!

I sense, perhaps, just a touch of sarcasm. This really isn't the thread to complain about the game, man. Everyone in here is trying to reminisce about the good times they've had on PSU, and don't need people to ruin it with sarcastic bashing. Just saying.

Volcompat321
Nov 4, 2009, 12:04 AM
Not sure my greatest memory anymore.
There are so many great ones, it's hard to write about just one.
PSU itself is a great memory. All of it, every second.
I've never played any other MMO, and I suck at most other games.
Ive met about 3 good people, that I could easily say are life long friends from now on.
I thank PSU for that. Great people, great community, and great game.

unicorn
Nov 4, 2009, 12:10 AM
I really had a lot of fun during 1up.... When all my friends played.... Then they all kinda disappeared and I dont play with anyone anymore... =(

Keilyn
Nov 4, 2009, 12:14 AM
Roleplaying games are classified into RPGs (singleplayers) MMORPGs (basically opened, persistent worlds like Lineage 2, Ragnarok Online, etc) and CORPGs...where many servers exists and small parties played through fields which are instanced..

PSO, PSU and Guild Wars are examples of CORPGs.

Personaly my belief is that CORPGs combine the best of a multiplayer experience and singleplayer experience that is possible in one package. It also offers the best ability for implementation since there is less global modification and much more tailoring...but makes updating and maintanance more difficult.

CORPGs make it so there can be 100 people in a server or 100000, but as long as you have your minimal requirement for half/full party in a small friendslist you can play the game indefinately while MMORPGs fail when a population falls below a certain point. ^^

Niered
Nov 4, 2009, 01:14 PM
I sense, perhaps, just a touch of sarcasm. This really isn't the thread to complain about the game, man. Everyone in here is trying to reminisce about the good times they've had on PSU, and don't need people to ruin it with sarcastic bashing. Just saying.

I dont get it, its obvious I love PSU, how could I not? I made a list and everything. I just dont understand why anyone would take this as sarcasm.

Maybe I'm being to broad. I guess I should try to narrow my list of favorite things down a bit?

Okay, my absolute, very favorite memory, of all time, of PSU was when I first found out about dual wielding.

I'll admit, at first I was really freaked out. I mean, being able to take any single-handed weapon and match it to any other single handed weapon? C'mon! Thats expecting me to think about this way too much Sega! I can't be expected to optimize the use of all six of my action palletes!

Luckily, Sega had heard my pleas even before I uttered them! They knew I didn't want an open dual-wielding system like Dungeon Siege 2, or Hellgate, or Sacred 2, or Diablo 2, or even the majority of ORPG's made in the last decade. So they fixed that! Instead, I realized I didnt have to craft 2 handguns to dual wield them, I could just make one "Dual Handgun"! Or one "Dual Daggers", or "Double Sabers"! And what about those weapons that I could mix and match? Oh well that was simple, you can only wield melee and tech weapons in one hand, and ranged in the other! Well that sure does cut down on that pesky "customization" thing everyone is raving about.

Thats another reason, yet again, I quit before the expansion pack came out. Sega started adding things like mags that would alter that system! Its just too much for me to comprehend, or in good conscience pay so little per-month for.

BIG OLAF
Nov 4, 2009, 06:04 PM
I dont get it, its obvious I love PSU, how could I not? I made a list and everything. I just dont understand why anyone would take this as sarcasm.

Maybe I'm being to broad. I guess I should try to narrow my list of favorite things down a bit?

Okay, my absolute, very favorite memory, of all time, of PSU was when I first found out about dual wielding.

I'll admit, at first I was really freaked out. I mean, being able to take any single-handed weapon and match it to any other single handed weapon? C'mon! That's expecting me to think about this way too much Sega! I can't be expected to optimize the use of all six of my action palletes!

Luckily, Sega had heard my pleas even before I uttered them! They knew I didn't want an open dual-wielding system like Dungeon Siege 2, or Hellgate, or Sacred 2, or Diablo 2, or even the majority of ORPG's made in the last decade. So they fixed that! Instead, I realized I didnt have to craft 2 handguns to dual wield them, I could just make one "Dual Handgun"! Or one "Dual Daggers", or "Double Sabers"! And what about those weapons that I could mix and match? Oh well that was simple, you can only wield melee and tech weapons in one hand, and ranged in the other! Well that sure does cut down on that pesky "customization" thing everyone is raving about.

That's another reason, yet again, I quit before the expansion pack came out. Sega started adding things like mags that would alter that system! Its just too much for me to comprehend, or in good conscience pay so little per-month for.

Apparently my first message didn't sink in at all :nono:.

Yuicihi
Nov 5, 2009, 08:13 AM
Believe it or not, probably running White Beast over and over with randoms.
You get some characters there, indeed.