PDA

View Full Version : OMG Will this happen even AFTER Zero launches in NA?? :(

Quintus_The_Force
Sep 21, 2009, 03:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ADItHYhyFM

Watch and be scared...

Sparks Zeta
Sep 21, 2009, 07:43 AM
I'm not sure if i'm wrong, correct me if i Am. Listen to the first 15 seconds of the Video. "How Phantasy Star Zero And How other Japaneese Wi-Fi games will not work for the DSi"

My best guess is The American PSZ Will have no problems on the DSi.

landman
Sep 21, 2009, 08:54 AM
My guess is he has different network configurations in each console, since it is stored in the console, not the cartridge.

Quintus_The_Force
Sep 21, 2009, 11:59 AM
I know Sparks, any idiot can hear that, the thing is though, I cant get online on my American Mario Kart with the DSi or Pokemon Platinum, but my friends Lite has no problems, and my DSi connects to the internet channel with no problems, so is it really because its japanese or what? cuz im having problems just like this vid with American DS Online games that released before the DSi (ala Zero)

Niered
Sep 21, 2009, 12:43 PM
I know Sparks, any idiot can hear that, the thing is though, I cant get online on my American Mario Kart with the DSi or Pokemon Platinum, but my friends Lite has no problems, and my DSi connects to the internet channel with no problems, so is it really because its japanese or what? cuz im having problems just like this vid with American DS Online games that released before the DSi (ala Zero)

It has been mentioned that a few games have had difficulty using their wi-fi with the DSi, though I highly doubt that this will happen when PSZ comes stateside. It most certainly isn't a problem with JP PSZ in a JP DSi or I'm sure we would have heard the fall out.

Not that I have to worry, I still use my vanilla DS Phat. Screw you kids and your newfangled tech!

Amherst_Wind
Sep 21, 2009, 12:49 PM
I'm not quite sure what the problem is but if it helps, my Japanese copy of PS Zero works just fine with my UK DSi.

Akaimizu
Sep 21, 2009, 01:01 PM
Actually, I've seen the issue here before, but people were able to correct it. The big issue is that some people set up their DSi to work over WPA security. Because the DSi can do that now. The bigger issue is that the old games don't support it. What some people had to do, to get their games working correctly, is to set their DSi back to using either no security or just WEP security.

Kind of sucks, but I've had to live with that stuff for a while. Everything except certain machines I have can do WPA, but because of those machines, I gotta set everything to WEP.

I guess one solution is to have some USB Wi-fi Dongle to connect your DSi to in order to still set your main Wi-Fi router to the better security standard.

Mysterious-G
Sep 21, 2009, 01:57 PM
Just what does a DS need security for?? D:
For hacker protection? Seriously?

Akaimizu
Sep 21, 2009, 03:03 PM
It doesn't, but when dealing with Wi-fi Security, the real deal is in the Wireless Router. If any device using it can't use the good security, you have to shut down that level of security for your entire wireless network, unless you dedicate a router just for it. That means, in order to run your DS on it, your router can't be running a WPA/WPA2 secure channel.

Most folks aren't running multiple Wi-fi routers so they give up a lot of that security machines with real Information needing security communicate through. Some folks will say, not worth it, just to run their portable game machines on it.

Mysterious-G
Sep 21, 2009, 03:15 PM
Ohh! Thanks for explaining! I am really helpless when it comes to computer stuff. (:

bobmanjr2
Sep 21, 2009, 03:20 PM
Its because its Japanese, maybe the DSi has some sort of region lock? My friend had trouble connecting to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of time with his DSi and that was an import....

Arikado
Sep 21, 2009, 05:14 PM
That's what mainly pissed me off about the DSi, I couldn't connect to the internet anywhere outside my house, from my home though I never had any problems getting online.

SpookyLotus
Sep 21, 2009, 07:50 PM
It has been mentioned that a few games have had difficulty using their wi-fi with the DSi, though I highly doubt that this will happen when PSZ comes stateside. It most certainly isn't a problem with JP PSZ in a JP DSi or I'm sure we would have heard the fall out.

Not that I have to worry, I still use my vanilla DS Phat. Screw you kids and your newfangled tech!

I'm sorry... I just had to "Awww..." at that. There's a guy who loves his dinosaur.

Don't worry. I still love my Phat, my DreamCast, my 2005ish HP pavilion, and my Pink DSLite.

Niered
Sep 21, 2009, 08:08 PM
I'm sorry... I just had to "Awww..." at that. There's a guy who loves his dinosaur.

Don't worry. I still love my Phat, my DreamCast, my 2005ish HP pavilion, and my Pink DSLite.

Admittedly if I had the cash I would pick up a DSi in a heartbeat, I mean bigger AND brighter screen? Sold right there. But I'd hold onto my Phat if only for the ability to play all my GBA games, which incidentally is why I hold onto my GBA, so I can play all my GBC games...Although I don't think I ever have played any of my GBC games since I got a DS.

Ah well, someday I'll get to that. LoZ Oracle of Ages and Seasons are still my 2 favorite Zelda games of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

Squirrel3D
Sep 21, 2009, 09:04 PM
As a owner of the DSi, I've never experinced any problems playing online with a few of my DS games. So maybe I did something right here or who knows.

Quintus_The_Force
Sep 22, 2009, 12:04 AM
Actually, I've seen the issue here before, but people were able to correct it. The big issue is that some people set up their DSi to work over WPA security. Because the DSi can do that now. The bigger issue is that the old games don't support it. What some people had to do, to get their games working correctly, is to set their DSi back to using either no security or just WEP security.

Kind of sucks, but I've had to live with that stuff for a while. Everything except certain machines I have can do WPA, but because of those machines, I gotta set everything to WEP.

I guess one solution is to have some USB Wi-fi Dongle to connect your DSi to in order to still set your main Wi-Fi router to the better security standard.

Yeah im basically ****ed because thats what my internet security is, WPA I think, both Mario Kart and Platinum do not support it, which means Zero will not support it.... or Animal Crossing for that matter... DSi FAILS IMO for Wi Fi gaming, so heres to Wi Fi'ing it up on DSi Zero WPA **Pounds Booze and smashes bottle on ground and leaves POed** :-x :-x :-x :-x

landman
Sep 22, 2009, 02:41 AM
If your router security is WPA you wont be able to connect neither with a DS fat, you have to change your router security or deactivate it when you want to connect with the DS.

My case is different, it wont connect even with no security at all, and I'm using a fat.

Quintus_The_Force
Sep 22, 2009, 03:11 AM
I dont know how to disable or change my routers security... so **** it!

Nuclearranger
Sep 22, 2009, 10:44 AM
On your computer in "RUN" Type "CMD" and hit enter.
(If your on Vista or Windows 7 just type CMD in the search bar on the main "start" menu and hit enter)

When the black box comes up type "ipconfig" into it and run that.

Find your IP address (or IP address V4 if it lists both 4 and 6) in that list it gives you.

Type that into a web browser.

Type your roughters password and username. 99% of the time it defaults to-
Admin
Admin

Username
Password

Find the options for wireless. Change some stuff and bam.

SpookyLotus
Sep 22, 2009, 11:06 AM
On your computer in "RUN" Type "CMD" and hit enter.
(If your on Vista or Windows 7 just type CMD in the search bar on the main "start" menu and hit enter)

When the black box comes up type "ipconfig" into it and run that.

Find your IP address (or IP address V4 if it lists both 4 and 6) in that list it gives you.

Type that into a web browser.

Type your roughters password and username. 99% of the time it defaults to-
Admin
Admin

Username
Password

Find the options for wireless. Change some stuff and bam.

I told him this once before, but he says he doesn't have a comp. He's working on his blackberry.... =[

There is another way for him to get this info though, right?

----

Off topic- I'd but a DSi if I needed one, or if I had the money to waste on one. i don't mind having one, but the DSLite is just too good, atm. it's like getting WIndows 7 or Vista when you already have XP. (coinicidental pairing of subjects)

Visat and 7 are new, look good, and are alright, but XP is classic, and has few errors, and can be upgraded.

landman
Sep 22, 2009, 11:16 AM
What if I use Win 98? (jk) I still use XP, but I thinking on w7 now that I have a new computer, but I will wait for the unattended edition lol

Akaimizu
Sep 22, 2009, 11:18 AM
The actual issue of the security was basically caused when the original DS itself was designed. The issue being that too much of the internet connection settings are saved on the cart instead of all applications using the communication of the device itself. Now they have a WPA-able device, but they're hampered by the old technology of their carts.

This is one case where Sony PSP did better by having all software use the connection and settings set for the entire system. However, they sort of shot themselves in the foot by the lack of developers actually supporting Infrastructure in the first place.

Still, the DS, currently has an extremely large lead in games that support Infrastructure, even if there aren't *that* many.

SpookyLotus
Sep 22, 2009, 11:43 AM
What if I use Win 98? (jk) I still use XP, but I thinking on w7 now that I have a new computer, but I will wait for the unattended edition lol

LOL! Windows 98 scares me... o.o -Shiver-Tell me how 7 works out, though. I actually considered W7, but I'm sacred of that too.

And, yeah... The ds just has problems itself. it has nothing to do with the DSi being newer. ...Not exactly. It does have that little memory saved directly to the console/ portable, thing, but it can easily be countered. It's just easier for certain apps, and games to connect. I know someone who had this problem with a new NETbook that they bought. It could connect to the internet, but it would say that it's not connected when connecting to any browser (Firefox, IE, ect.). Of course, the computer blamed the firewall.

Now, thsi si easily countered on both the DS and computers, but it's much easier on a DS, as long as you HAVE a computer.

I instucted that the person either reinstalled his drivers, because the computer is fresh, and unused (which works). Or go to Command prompt, and type in IPconfig. Thsi will give you your router's data. Then, i told hi (because computers generally don't have a place for you to type the router's extra data, like a DS does, which also makes dealing with a DS easier) to type in a command, which sets the data to your router to your computer, which will allow it to automatically connect to the net, with no problems, when it should.

This is one case where Sony PSP did better by having all software use the connection and settings set for the entire system. However, they sort of shot themselves in the foot by the lack of developers actually supporting Infrastructure in the first place.

Still, the DS, currently has an extremely large lead in games that support Infrastructure, even if there aren't *that* many.

9Sorry for double post) But, I also agree with this.

Quintus_The_Force
Sep 23, 2009, 02:08 AM
I told him this once before, but he says he doesn't have a comp. He's working on his blackberry.... =[

There is another way for him to get this info though, right?

----

Off topic- I'd but a DSi if I needed one, or if I had the money to waste on one. i don't mind having one, but the DSLite is just too good, atm. it's like getting WIndows 7 or Vista when you already have XP. (coinicidental pairing of subjects)

Visat and 7 are new, look good, and are alright, but XP is classic, and has few errors, and can be upgraded.

lol Blackberry >.< NEVER! I was using my DSi and a Sidekick and my Wii browser...

but now I have a computer, and screw all that changing shit, IPConfig, i have to go into MS DOS to change shit lmao that is so user friendly... no thanks, im not going online on DS untill it runs on WPA, ill be sticking with local play with Zero, so looks like i wont be seeing any of you :-?

SpookyLotus
Sep 23, 2009, 12:16 PM
Sorry. meant sidekick. And, it's not that hard. =p You just type somethign in on your ds, you don't change anything.

Akaimizu
Sep 23, 2009, 12:28 PM
Well, if you do happen to get one of those Wi-Fi USB adaptors, you may just have the solution.

Too bad Nintendo stopped selling their device. It wasn't the greatest thing, but if it works for you, it does indeed give your DS connectivity without opening security to WEP. Since only NDS units can actually use that one and all DS games support it.

SpookyLotus
Sep 23, 2009, 12:33 PM
But would those work on DSis? Since the DSi was released after the DS and lite. Still, he can buy an off brand model, which I know works with anything.

Mike
Sep 23, 2009, 09:41 PM
My case is different, it wont connect even with no security at all, and I'm using a fat.
Have you tried fiddling with your router settings? Not just security related setting or mac address filtering but the other ones. I've had to do that with a few wireless routers before. But then again, some routers just don't seem to like the DS (or the other way around).

Akaimizu
Sep 23, 2009, 10:01 PM
But would those work on DSis? Since the DSi was released after the DS and lite. Still, he can buy an off brand model, which I know works with anything.

It should since the DSi also supports that connection. It's called the Nintendo USB connector. The DSi also still has settings for it and it's also on the cart.

landman
Sep 24, 2009, 02:18 AM
Have you tried fiddling with your router settings? Not just security related setting or mac address filtering but the other ones. I've had to do that with a few wireless routers before. But then again, some routers just don't seem to like the DS (or the other way around).
My router is not wifi, I'm using an access point with a single WEP code, I think nothing more is configurable in it lol

Akaimizu
Sep 24, 2009, 07:31 PM
Anyway, I just retried both my Ds-lite and my DSI over a wifi router set with WEP communication. Both systems worked like a charm. But alas as expected, not to work over WPA. So they both work the same, in that case.

kirtblue
Oct 15, 2009, 12:25 AM
wow i dunno if that will happen with a us version of the game and a us version of the dsi but im glad have not upgraded to a dsi yet just in case if this error happens state side i wondwer how meny people who waited for the us version are gunna be in tears because they cant play it