PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Compatability

Nightdash
Sep 21, 2009, 08:26 PM
Alright so i already know that PSU works on the PS3 (or some PS3's) and i have dug around on here for a bit and never came to a conclusive answer.

First Can you play PSU online on the PS3?

Second; if I got AoI will my data saved on the PS3 transfer over from PSU?

I imagine if PSU will work online for the PS3 (if that answer turns out to be yes) then the expansion would too.

Thanks for the Help.

Tetsaru
Sep 21, 2009, 08:38 PM
Alright so i already know that PSU works on the PS3 (or some PS3's) and i have dug around on here for a bit and never came to a conclusive answer.

First Can you play PSU online on the PS3?

Second; if I got AoI will my data saved on the PS3 transfer over from PSU?

I imagine if PSU will work online for the PS3 (if that answer turns out to be yes) then the expansion would too.

Thanks for the Help.

1 - PSU and AotI will play online on a PS3, as long as the PS3 has backwards compatibility. You can check Sony's PS3 website for more info on that if you're not sure which model you have - just Google it.

2 - If you're talking about the offline modes, I have no idea, but I highly doubt it. If you're talking about online mode... all of your data is server-side, lol.

Frankly though, if you have a capable PC or laptop, I'd use that instead. The game's easy to get, if you know how, but either is fine. I remember playing PSU on my friend's PS3 once, but it was still horribly slow compared to PC.

Mikura
Sep 21, 2009, 08:47 PM
Like Tet said, don't bother running it on PS3 unless you don't have a choice. It runs just as slow on PS3 as it does PS2, and the graphics are exactly the same. And I'll be legit and say if you want to get PSU for PC, just buy it from newegg.com for $10. It's legal and cheap. Granted, the game is probably already dead, but downloading it off the net for free somewhere doesn't help matters any.

Volcompat321
Sep 22, 2009, 03:01 AM
Just like they both said.
PC is the way to go.
Even if you have the crappiest PC, it will run PSU better than a PS3.

You can play PSU wireless if your PS3 is back compatible.
PSU (online mode) will transfer over because like Tet said, it's server side.
Once you get AotI in the online mode, you can never play vanilla again, but why would you.
You can play offline mode all you want. The "never play vanilla" thing is for online only.

pinkace
Sep 23, 2009, 10:09 AM
I say go ahead and download it, the game makes money from subscriptions more than disc sales anyways. It is better that you at least play it.

Lord Hammerheart
Sep 23, 2009, 02:12 PM
I have a graphics card in my PC (which is almost 4 years old right now. when i bought my computer it was a very nice one.), and it runs very smooth and looks good (playing it on a HDTV also). My bro's computer (if you have the disc you can install it on as many computers as you like) ran it very slow, and he had to get a graphics card for his, too. His computer is 3 years old. Unless you have a cutting edge computer you'll probably have to get a graphics card. Unless you wanted to run it with the graphics turned all the way down, then I'm sure you wouldn't have to buy one. It won't look as sharp or run as smooth, but it won't be slow. PC is the way I prefer to play it. If you've played WoW or Guild Wars (I'm sure some other MMORPGs control somewhat the same) on a keyboard then it won't take long to get used to the controls either. I've heard that PSU isn't as smooth and runs slower on PS2/PS3, but I haven't seen it running on one.

Zeek123
Sep 24, 2009, 01:01 AM
What Hammerheart said isn't necessarily true, or on topic. Graphics cards are actually never really a problem with MOST games. Especially MMOs. Problems running games are usually caused by not having enough RAM. Or being run on a laptop. PSU doesn't seem to like laptops a whole lot for some reason. I've always held that Windows XP is best for gaming as well. Vista is just... well, crappy for gaming. I have no experience with Windows 7 yet.

Anyway, on topic. I was a sucker and bought the game for full price on the internets, and have payed well over $ 200 for PSU in total. I can say that if you're planning on playing regularly, unlike most people right now, then just get it on PC. Stay away from 360. They smell bad... :-P

Powder Keg
Sep 24, 2009, 01:22 AM
My old PC only had 512 RAM, 2.1ghz processor, and a less-than-mediocre video card, and still ran PSU 1000x better than a PS2 or PS3. The biggest thing though is that you can tweak a lot of the graphics settings on the game. (I previously had to use frame skip 2, but everything else could be set high)

SkywalkerPSO
Sep 24, 2009, 07:42 AM
Yes, it will run "online" with your PS3 with NO problems at all if you have one of the original versions of the PS3. I've been playing PSU/AOTI since they came out and have no problems. I also have the PC version of the game and still choose to play it on PS3 over my PC and Laptop! Your data will transfer just fine as well, just save the data to the PS3's internal memory card.
P.S. Having a good, fast, smooth broadband internet connection helps too.