PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys planning to do when you get it?

Arikado
Sep 21, 2009, 09:29 PM
I'm not sure this topic been already posted before but here goes, what are you guys on planning to do first when you get the game?

I wanna beat the offline mode before playing online. (All 3 difficulties.)

What about you guys? Offline mode or online straight away?

SirTopps
Sep 21, 2009, 09:53 PM
i think ill lick the box. then anyway i plan on exploring all the character creations. and yeah ill be doing the offline . but it wont take me long to go online looking for hacked stuff . sweet stuff. to make me soar!

Arikado
Sep 21, 2009, 10:29 PM
but it wont take me long to go online looking for hacked stuff . sweet stuff. to make me soar!I really hope this was sarcastic, lol.

SirTopps
Sep 21, 2009, 11:03 PM
lol ummm. aint i a stinka ?

Zero Revenge
Sep 22, 2009, 12:28 AM
Scrutinize over how my character looks. End up deleting him/her atleast twice over before feeling confident in how he/she looks/plays.

Then probably go straight to my friend's house, and play 3-way Wi-Fi with him and his brother [whom both have been looking forward to this for months; and have since returned to PSO to pass the time and stay psyched].

HUnewarl, RAmarl, RAmar, or FOmarl.

Choices, choices...

lol ummm. aint i a stinka ?

Boooooo. Hacks = Lame.

SirTopps
Sep 22, 2009, 01:13 AM
3way hehe.

yeah im lame. lol but im a busy adult lol jk. im not. i have more free time than anyone. but .. im lazy i guess thats half my problem and why im so depressed.

landman
Sep 22, 2009, 02:36 AM
Beat story mode in a language I can understand, then go play PSU or PSP2.

Arikado
Sep 22, 2009, 06:44 AM
Beat story mode in a language I can understand, then go play PSU or PSP2.You're making it sound like PSP2 is coming out before November 11th. :P

Yeah I think I might get a PSPGo or something, to play PSP2. :evil:

Scrutinize over how my character looks. End up deleting him/her atleast twice over before feeling confident in how he/she looks/plays.

Then probably go straight to my friend's house, and play 3-way Wi-Fi with him and his brother [whom both have been looking forward to this for months; and have since returned to PSO to pass the time and stay psyched].

HUnewarl, RAmarl, RAmar, or FOmarl.

Choices, choices...I think it might end up like this for me as well since my friends are getting it too.

3way hehe.Eww... :chuck-ball:

Akaimizu
Sep 22, 2009, 08:44 AM
I'll concentrate on beating the offline story mode, but will at least start online-gaming after opening the third area. Thing is, if you host, the areas available are based on how much you've unlocked.

landman
Sep 22, 2009, 09:02 AM
You're making it sound like PSP2 is coming out before November 11th. :P
The only release date Europe has is February so... yes, I will have the japanese import of PSP2 before I have my PSŲ PAL game.

Arikado
Sep 22, 2009, 09:24 AM
The only release date Europe has is February so... yes, I will have the japanese import of PSP2 before I have my PSŲ PAL game.Don't you think this spoils the game? I thought about importing PSZ but I figured i'd be bored of it by the time it comes out in english.

I'll definitely wait for an english release for both games, I don't wanna be "burned out/bored" of the game before it comes out.

I'll concentrate on beating the offline story mode, but will at least start online-gaming after opening the third area. Thing is, if you host, the areas available are based on how much you've unlocked.That's good to know, what's the best way to make EXP? Soloing the last dungeon offline, playing online in the last map available or... questing?

Akaimizu
Sep 22, 2009, 10:53 AM
Very good question. I really didn't simply EXP hunt. I kind of played things in succession, working on a traditional way of levelling up and powering up. I spend more time trying to get some random condition to find rare enemies, and rare other things. I did, however, get some good levels doing the Eternal Tower, though I don't recommend that being your main way to level up. Sure, it's a lot of monsters and no waiting, but it's a long time to finish.

Levelling up does help when it is a later level, with stronger enemies. Still, it's better to rerun whatever is your favorite zone. I find that grinding fun enemies better than grinding a level you just don't care as much about.

Still, if you really want to level, beat the game quickly (diligently, that is) and unlock the Harder difficulty level versions of the levels. That's where it is at. Unlike many dunegon-hackers (including Sacred 2), you don't get EXP from finishing quests. All your EXP comes from monsters. So you're best bet is to hack on the toughest mobs you can handle, at the time. Still, it's class/character level/and Weapon dependant on whether it is more productive to grind the later level than the earlier one.

Arikado
Sep 22, 2009, 02:49 PM
I see, how long is the grinding 1 -> 100 compared to PSO/PSU?

I think that's the thing that disappointed me most with PSU, waiting months for update, reaching new level cap in a matter of days.

Then again my newest character went pretty quick on PSO. (1 -> 120 in 60 hours.)

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 22, 2009, 02:55 PM
I actually plan on rubbing the manual all over my head. But other than that I just plan to play the damn thing...and ENJOY EVERY SINGLE WAKING MINUTE OF IT! Just without the caps lock on.

Akaimizu
Sep 22, 2009, 03:28 PM
The grind length. It's going to be more like PSO. This is still, first and foremost, a portable game. One in which the offline and online character experienced is shared. So of course the game is attuned to not spending the same amount of time as you would a pure online game. The grind is more of offline standards. It's going to be speedier. Finding the rare stuff, raising mags, customizing weapons tend to be stuff you can do for a longer time. I seriously doubt you'll find 1000+ hours to play with a single character though. You'll likely play multiple characters with which they do offer different experiences.

Niered
Sep 22, 2009, 04:05 PM
I plan on playing the game enough offline to just get a hang of it, and then try to play online with as many people from these boards as I get FC's.

Also, quick question that I hadn't thought to ask before, but can you progress through the story (unlock stages) in online mode? Or can you only play stages you've previously beaten?

Arikado
Sep 22, 2009, 04:19 PM
This has been answered Niered.

I'll concentrate on beating the offline story mode, but will at least start online-gaming after opening the third area. Thing is, if you host, the areas available are based on how much you've unlocked.

I believe it's gonna work like PSO, Area 1 -> Fight boss -> Area 2 unlocked you know. (If you don't have any unlocked areas that is.)

CAMPSO
Sep 22, 2009, 07:31 PM
I'm probably gonna create a character.... then erase him.... then create another character till i like the way he looks. Then off to offline mode, once i get bored of that i'll do online

Niered
Sep 22, 2009, 09:34 PM
This has been answered Niered.

I believe it's gonna work like PSO, Area 1 -> Fight boss -> Area 2 unlocked you know. (If you don't have any unlocked areas that is.)

Ok, so yeah, areas unlocked are already there, and you can unlock subsequent areas even in online, gotcha, then yeah, ill play offline just long enough to get the hang of it.

I have a suggestion, could we organize a group of folks that want to play through as much of the game as possible together starting from the beginning the day it comes out? Like, even if you get the game you hold off on playing it, or start a new character, and we just play as much of the game as possible for as long as possible.

Unfortunately, being that November 10th will be a tuesday I have classes all the way until 6:15, and probably wont be able to get the game until a little later than that. But if anyone likes this idea I would love to start the game with a group of level 1's and just have a blast playing it together until we pass out. I only have one class the next day (3:30-5:00) so staying up all night isn't out of the question.

Tw1sTa
Sep 22, 2009, 09:40 PM
yep, probly just explore everything first then just 24/7 online =)

Dragwind
Sep 22, 2009, 10:01 PM
I'll probably caress the packaging, then open it very slowly. I'll then make my first character and play through story mode as fast as possible, and proceed to hop online with some fellow PSOWers. :wacko:

Sparks Zeta
Sep 22, 2009, 10:04 PM
Hmm. I planned it out.
1. Make my RAcast
2. Go through the storyline
3.playingTower Mode
4.Go online with people. :D

Typing takes forever on the DS =w=

Arikado
Sep 22, 2009, 11:43 PM
I have a suggestion, could we organize a group of folks that want to play through as much of the game as possible together starting from the beginning the day it comes out? Like, even if you get the game you hold off on playing it, or start a new character, and we just play as much of the game as possible for as long as possible.Sounds like a great idea, i'll definitely be looking for a static party for my alts.

I'll probably caress the packaging, then open it very slowly.You're making it sound... kinky.

Typing takes forever on the DS =w=Better than typing using PSO's on-screen keyboard. :P

EDIT: To clear up the confusion Niered, you cannot unlock areas while playing online but if you beat one, you can access the next one, once you start a new game though, you have to unlock them all over again. (Except if you unlock them offline.)