PDA

View Full Version : PSU Elitest Justifications? Come here all ye budget guardians! share your stories!

Maelstrom 180
Sep 26, 2009, 09:56 PM
Yet again i entered a room and got mocked for my pallet more or less...
"oh your pallet is broken, oh you should be doing better" are their arguments.
Now let me ask you the public, whats the point? Yes i could and maybe should be doing better, maybe. But i was also working in Iowa during the flood, and back in New York during the ice storms, helping people recover, i myself was affected by the storms. so i lost some time, that i wont lie, but i try hard, why? i like to amuse myself while leveling bullets and such. But really? Im not flustered persay but i want to lay down some info for the masses. Now before i am flamed, i RESPECT those with 50% 10/10 weapons, and those using those, but who cares? ive said it before and ill say it again.

AS LONG AS YOU DO ENOUGH DAMAGE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY AND KEEP FROM SLOWING THE PARTY, YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY!

Now for you nay-sayers, heres some info for you using the PSU damage calc

5/5 Inferno with lv 50 prism on opposite with lumirus kaos as gunmaster cast male: around 1668 per hit

9/9 Inferno with lv 50 prism on opposite with lumirus kaos as gunmaster cast male: around 1717 per hit

....SO by that logic i need a 9/9? really? so i can do an extra 49 damge per hit?! thats what? lets say on 6 enemies if it hit that every time, youre looking at what? an extra 300 damage? sure it will add up, but will it make you a bad team player if you dont have that? Nope

Lets try this again

30% 10/10 Repca with cast male fighmaster and V power using gravity break lets say gravity does 600% on the 3rd part: 8369 or so

30% 10/10 slayer with cast male fighmaster and V power using gravity break lets say gravity does 600% on the 3rd part: 7915 or so

now YES thats more noticible but still doesnt break game dynamics! Jeez

now these are examples, do i have these? Nope. Am i a gunmaster? Nope, im fortegunner and damn proud! Would i like to do more damage? sure, but not at the cost of my soul or hours of work all for somthing new to come out and then whine cause i dont have it.

a 1/1 weapons doesnt look any different than a 0/10 weapon in battle, there is no PVP, there is barely any form of competition, as far as im concerned, if you like a weapon for looks, then get it, now again someone may tease you with a 2/2 repca, but that 2/2 still would do around 6486 damage with gravity break with the settings ive added. I want us non perfect players to feel proud and i dont want to demonize the 10/10 elitests but i want to unite those who think "IM PLENTY STRONG ALREADY!"

For gear, i rock the following
5/5 inferno
5/5 Elite
8/8 pakuda
8/8 rattlesnake sometimes
5+ rainbow 30%+ muktrands with majarra
8/8 arb boas
8/8 Aikasoki or 9/9 Cubo mamba
4/8 Hanab
6/6 Degahna cannon (love that pp)
8/10 drumline
0% serafi (got it when red knights were still pretty new)
resist/orpad guard/legs , yes i know 0% armor baaaad, i like it.
V power/cati pp save
paradi/sturm man i love sturm attacker, cant wait for sturm burst

Now none of that is top of the line persay but with most my bullets (cept grenades and lasers which are atleast 21!)
i do enough damage, i can solo any mission so far ive tried cept for maybe bladed legacy S2, shouldnt that count for somthing?!

I also have some striking gear for other classes, maxed all my classes, im proud of that, why did i do it? cause i love my character and his decent gear!

So lets get a conversation going! you previously shunned players STAND UP and lets see what you got, that includes players looking for pointers and tips, but i want to see your pallets and see who is happy and tired of being laughed at for gear! Rant done, beeling just fine whole way through, again lets get people in here and share our views of gear, maybe even make our own tier system of equipment, for us Budget minded guardians!

Totori
Sep 26, 2009, 10:11 PM
lol, I should kill some time.
Anyway here it is
Psyco wand 2/10
Psyco wand 0/10
Okarod 10/10
Okarod 3/3
Okarod 6/8
Gaozoran Rod 0/9
There are a few of my weps.

Maelstrom 180
Sep 26, 2009, 10:41 PM
that 10/10 Okarod is a great accomplisment, bought made or whatever, and good to see some diversity in some weapons on a fortetecher or masterforce! i particularly like the gaozoran rod on there, so uncommon these days!

Allison_W
Sep 26, 2009, 11:16 PM
Stupid rich people are the scum of the Earth and Gurhal alike, seriously. Just tonight some LV150-160 genius with a palette of S-ranks thought it was a good idea to end the mission while I was still picking up materials, and when I called them out on it, the only response was "junkjunk," because obviously it's impossible that anyone playing this game could not have a LV160 main, piles and piles of S-rank gear, and five stacks of meseta. I mean anything less than ten stars is just worthless you couldn't give it away to hobos! Good god I hope they spend the whole event hunting Adahna Units and see everyone but themselves get one.

For the record, this is what I'm using, or at least the equipment I'm carrying right now:

Caliburn 4/10 dark 42%
Soda Riban 4/10 lightning 32%
Gudda Gant 0/10 light 32%
Gudda Skela 3/8 ice 26%
Crimson 3/9 fire 32%
Melton's Frying Pan 4/10 ground 36%
Shigga Bines 4/10
Hirokteri 4/7
Song for Death 4/7
Degahna Cannon 0/10
Ruby Bullet 5/6
Crimson Line 46% lightning
Crimson Line 46% ice
Delette Line 30% fire
Delette Line 34% ground
Delette Line 28% light
Delette Line 30% dark
Cati / Hit
Freeze / Resist
Legsless / Rainbow
Sturm Attacker

To my chagrin, I have very little in the way of S-rank armour--I think I have one 30% Rabol Lumirus and a neutral Al-senba, and that's it, not that I have any S-rank units to necessitate it anyway.

pinkace
Sep 26, 2009, 11:40 PM
I don't have any of that fancy equipment. I never get called out for my pallet, maybe that's something that happens to maxed out characters.

Only one time this guy asked me about it:

Player: "wow, your ID number is so low!"

Me: "yea, been playing since day one"

Player: "but you highest is still level 110?"

Me: "Yup"

Player: "geez your palette is terrible! A Ranks!?"

Me: "Well, I have been doing fine so far right?"

Player: "WTF!? Asura-Senba!? did you steal this account from someone?"

Me: "Nope, my account all along. Anyways lets continue the mission."

Player: "But your weapons suck"

Me: "yea, tell me about it... later. Lets go kill some stuff!"

Player: "But... your PAs are still below 30!?"

Me: "I know, I'm trying to work on it, lets just play shall we?"

Player: "Did you stop playing for like, a year or something?"

Me: "No. I have been playing all along."

Player: "but how come..."

Me: "ok, I am gonna go onto the next block. You sit there and ponder it"

Player: "I am outta here. You suck too much for me to be seen in your company"

Me: "WAIT!!! Please don't leave..."

"Let me boot you instead. *Boot*"

That last part was what i wished I would have done. He just couldn't believe that I had other interests besides PSU and that I played PSU for fun and not for leveling. I have too many games to play, honestly.

Tetsaru
Sep 27, 2009, 12:03 AM
Man, I can't stand elitists. You play a game to have FUN, not make it seem like your life's work. Granted, seeing how I always complain about PSU's lack of difficulty, I'm probably a more hardcore gamer myself, but it really just depends on the game, and how "competitive" you really want to be at it. With PSU though, since there's not really any form of PvP, the only competition you have is e-peen flaunting... :confused:

I can KINDA see the reasoning behind some of it though. Items that were once rare are now so commonplace, anyone can buy them for relatively cheap... to the point where the materials used to make said items are even worth more, which is pretty fucked up, if you ask me. I was lucky if I had 3 mil on me, but I was able to sustain myself through successful trading, synthing most boards I found, and picking up pretty much any "useless" item that dropped so I could sell it.

I might raise an eyebrow at someone who has lackluster gear, or a palette full of nothing but the same weapon type, but as long as they can play well, I really don't care. What pissed me off most in PSU was when people spammed nothing but knockback moves on small enemies: Tornado Dance, Anga Jabroga, grenades, Regrants, etc. Either that, or people who used guns other than shotguns or crossbows at point-blank range...

darkante
Sep 27, 2009, 12:37 AM
I may have some of the good rare stuff like

Spread Needle
Love Inferno
Guld & Milla

But i honestly play for fun. I donīt mind anyone getting along as long they donīt
purposely slow the party.

Although Jabroing and the like stealing all the spotlight from other players who donīt play "Fighmaster" should give them a break.
The Fighmasters might as well solo if the other players never get a chance to hit anything.

unicorn
Sep 27, 2009, 12:44 AM
Weapons don't mean SH!T. Its all about Photon Arts and actual skill. Grinds and star rarity barely change pallets. Elemental percent is SOMETIMES game breaking but you shouldn't really go out of your way to get 50% weapons, unless you really have nothing else to do.

My pallet is very humble I must say. The only rares I do have are 2 Pwands, but newcomers have those easily these days. Someone in MY league should be having pallets of 10/10 pushans x6 and pwands x6. But do I care? Not really. I get by with what I have, and if I get anything else then I'm happy. But I don't particularly go out of my way to get it, because this game doesn't require it or even put much emphasis on needing it.

Plus I only play like what.... 2 hours a week?

hunterseifer
Sep 27, 2009, 01:17 AM
Maelstrom 180, I think everyone has been in this situation more than once, even me. I played about two years, (ran into a elite here and there) have four chars that two are capped.(cast and beast male) both run FM and GM, in the time Ive spent Ive collected alot, personally I have 42%+5/X rainbow set of each weps catagory for FM and 28%+ rainbow set of serafi's and my favorite R/K. Also have 7 stacks.(six now since I owe a friend a stack) Despite thinking of being a type of elite, I havent tried pushing ppl into it, I try helping ppl, get them started on the usual. I still sometimes get the usual "why dont you grind your weps more" and what not.

I always thought of elitest types to be the kind of person to help others and impress others to show how good certain classes are. Of course, your going to run into a jerk now and then. Ive personally run into ppl who would hate on me just because I have good equipment, or alot of money. I remember when someone I dont even know asking me for a stack, I said no so they cussed at me then b-listed me. So if you think about it, it goes both ways. As that being said, I hope anyone who posts on this topic will not be too negative and start fights, lol.I"d just be glad to find nice ppl in the end :)

Squirrel3D
Sep 27, 2009, 01:32 AM
Now do you all see why I have no friends in PSU? This is the main reason right here: ELETISTS WITH NO REAL LIVES WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TO TELL YOU HOW GREAT THEY ARE BECAUSE THEY GOT THIS OR THAT ON THEIR CHARACTER!!!

Not to mention, they kick you out when you don't play their way. (sometimes for not even using a mic!!)

They mock you for not having a "relevant" pallet.

They b-list you for not having a stack....of what exactly?? I don't understand what they mean by a stack.

They are shocked if your PAs isn't maxed out even though you played longer than them.

They boot you the moment the boss portal approches.

They will call you a 'noob' if you use one PA a little too much.

Oh there's more! The eletists in PSU are basicly a group of psychonuts who sadly think they are better than you based on a fictional character they created having better items than you.

There are other psychonuts in this game too....but I won't veer off the topic so that'll be for another day.
They

str898mustang
Sep 27, 2009, 01:57 AM
hmmmm....yeah I have 10/10 Guns

Four of 10/10's: I grabbed the weapon, took it to the grinder and it went to 10/10.

2 of the 10/10: I bought from a shop cuz it was a good deal

My last 10/109: Yeah I took multiple of the weapon and one went to 10/10

I have a collection: All 10/10 Kubara shotguns(collecting is elitist?)

Only have one 9/9 which is an Inferno. Yeah I'm trying to get an 10/10 Inferno, so what? That's my preference.

My other 10/10(all melee) just basically went to 10/10.

I don't make fun of other people's palette's.

garjian
Sep 27, 2009, 02:30 AM
i have...

46% ice 2/10 Bil De Axe
50% 7/7 Yamata-Misaki
50% 4/4 Two-Headed Ragnus
50% light 2/8 Gudda Hon
46% ground 4/4 Gekitsnata

until not too long ago i used a 50% ice 9/9 Soda Riban
now though, since swords are a bit useless... i have a 36% ground 0/10 Chainsawd+ (effectively neutral, good for healing on plenty of missions)

now interestingly, when i had the riban, my palette was "AL GARBO, ES BTO FOOD, GEIF FOR FODO NAO!!!" or something to that effect... lots of people would insult my every weapon on my palette...
with the chainsawd+, baring in mind its worse in every way except the fact that it is an S rank, i havent had a single critisism... instead quite a lot of compliments...

makes absolutely no sense to me :S

either way, my excuse for not ungrading to the highest potential, is that not all the content has been released... i wouldnt waste money on something that will be outdone in time...

hunterseifer
Sep 27, 2009, 02:47 AM
Now do you all see why I have no friends in PSU? This is the main reason right here: ELETISTS WITH NO REAL LIVES WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TO TELL YOU HOW GREAT THEY ARE BECAUSE THEY GOT THIS OR THAT ON THEIR CHARACTER!!!

I'll be your friend, you on ps2/pc???
EDIT: ah your probably on 360, I never heard of a person getting kicked for not using skype :-?

WHlTEKNIGHT
Sep 27, 2009, 03:13 AM
Dont worry about it, blist and move on. I personolly dont care what people have as long as
1. they dont die with out scapes.
2. they pull their own weight.

milranduil
Sep 27, 2009, 04:13 AM

Not to mention, they kick you out when you don't play their way. (sometimes for not even using a mic!!)

They mock you for not having a "relevant" pallet.

They b-list you for not having a stack....of what exactly?? I don't understand what they mean by a stack.

They are shocked if your PAs isn't maxed out even though you played longer than them.

They boot you the moment the boss portal approches.

They will call you a 'noob' if you use one PA a little too much.

Oh there's more! The eletists in PSU are basicly a group of psychonuts who sadly think they are better than you based on a fictional character they created having better items than you.

There are other psychonuts in this game too....but I won't veer off the topic so that'll be for another day.
They

This is the definition of a noob, not an elitist. To me, it sounds like you've had a poor sampling of what "elitists" are although I think they define a little differently on PC/PS2 vs 360. I personally would like to think of myself as a nice elitist, but I know there are people out there who think completely otherwise, so I leave it alone.

Ellea
Sep 27, 2009, 05:08 AM
Welp...
Psycho wand 1/6
Gaozoran Rod 5/9
Dallgunrod 0/10
Tesbra 0/10
Tesbra 0/10
Bajura 0/10
Pushan 7/7
Pushan 2/9
Delpi 5/8

No, my gear isn't amazing, and I have an even worse set of armor, my best being barely 32%.
My techs aren't amazing either, a few over 41 most 31+ and some 11+.
Personally, I don't think it's right to judge someone based on their gear, techs, PA's etc.
Sure, my gear is lackluster, but I can solo any S2 mission I come across, except the standard unsoloable Bladed Legacy. I'm also only level 121 on my newman, which this gear is based off of. The point of the game, in the end, is to have fun right?

So, when you meet an elitist, just know that they're treating you like that just so they can feel some type of justifiable glory, and superiority. The blatant ignorance of people who refuse to accept the fact that you're playing the game for fun, not to surpass everyone.

fayt6
Sep 27, 2009, 06:43 AM
my view on that is there will always be someone whos better so just focus on having fun....

like my pallet is normally s rank or a rank items cuz i play as either fighmaster or FIGHGUNNER =D lol but yea just have fun

Maelstrom 180
Sep 27, 2009, 07:05 AM
See now this is what my intention was, it wasnt just me griping, it was to allow an outlet for some agitation *pops agtaride* as well as feel PROUD of their weapons and lastly make people make friends with like minded people! Now for all of you, i would be priveledged to run missions with ANY of you, specially the forces, not just for healing, i love techers for area control while i use my guns to imobilize enemies while laying on some pain. For the next wave i share my decent fighter weapons

30& 5+/x rainbow muktrands and 30%+ 3+/x Buccaneers, and a 26% fire blumier supplement my gunner pallet for some bullet resistant mobs or if somthing gets a tad close or has many hit boxes. but for some my actual decentish fighter gear

7/7 27% ice de ragan slayer
5/5 36% Ank Kilik
0/9 42% ank dedda
5/5 36?% fire zagza
2/10 29% earth and ice muk promotos
26% ice 4/10 svaltus sword
2/10? 30% flowen's sword+
7/7 34%? earth Iggacs
4/10 36%? dark Drill Knuckles

Im proud to say all but 1 of the striking weapons i use (not all listed there) is atleast 20%, the exception being twin falclaws, now again im by no means weak, nor am i the top dog, i do enough to satisfy, will i improve on some of those a bit? you bet'cha. But no need to throw a Hissy fit if it isnt x/10. Also i have every photon art atleast 21, just incase any of them prove useful on missions. I also try to keep rainbows of each weapon type and atleast 6, because i wont lie, i like to level my skills, all of them, i even masterforce on my cast (yes im a cast masterfail, not to insult masterforces, just casts masterfail at it usually...but the 2400 Hp is nice...)

In short i do all classes and skills becauce i find some appeal that drives me to want to use it. I mean in modern times how many fortegunners or for that matter any of the 3! (fortegunner, fighgunner, guntether) have their crossbows to 31+?! i have most up but not all. Now again i dont denounce those elitests that come here and encourage us to LOVE our gear, but please remember, grinding isnt for everyone, we have good days, and bad days, but we cant all have 8/8+ weapons otherwise the market would crash and any weapon less than thus would be destroyed.

Sorry for walls of text but frankly i want to share my views and tell you all that, someone feels the same! (for those just joining us, thats me) And again instead of beimg outcasts, we should be united, and rather than let those who spend a little too much time infront of the tv and a little too little time in the sun get to have their way and display their un-nessesary hostilities.

Guardians cash thoughts
And for those of us who want to use our outside benefits (jobs) to further our gaming experiance, rejoice, i dont know the details, but depending, the guardians cash system may ease some woes of players! Now im not saying any of us are bad at the game and need to pay to get better things, but for some of us, we have that 3/3 repca sitting in our room, or sit fantasizing about a earth gudda igga, or wish those pesky del jagnus+ we got in STD could have a bit more of a %, well guardians cash may make that a nice fix, to enhance your gameplay and to make you fall in love with a weapon, say if it costed 3$ to take a 3/3 10% light repca and make it into its optemum 8/8 40% fire repca form, wouldnt you think about it? now im not saying everyone will do this, honestly i dont think id do much but maybe if i had a 2/2 weapon or maybe raise the elemental on my twin falclaws to say 25%. I might do things like that, and some of us love those old weapons and almost feel sad seeing them so unloved cause they arent strong enough for the missions you want to do, well then i say its justified, besides it would also improve the economy of psu from the buyer standpoint, again dont misread this and this is not the topic i started (i just didnt want to double post) but if 40% weapons or irregular element (lightning halp serafi, ice ank dedda, earth fuka misaki) or 8/8 weapons became more plentiful, would any of you complain? I wouldnt. Not because i want free stuff, but it changes game dynamics and strongly deminishes meseta buying returns, if sega offers exclusive and cheaper alturnitives, quitting players wont be able to flock to e-bay and essentially sell their game time/weapons to others for much, when its cheaper to make a weapon. there will still be the elitests with their 10/10 50%s, but it would make the rest of the population atleast comparible. Sorry for the tangent, I like to theorize....

Anyway please disreguard what i said, i just wanted to spark some hope, after all, other mmos have exclucive pay content (though some of it eludes me at the moment) I just wanted to give us regular players a chance to meet up, maybe make friends...oh wait i said that...well then...i want you to meet people twice and make double friends with them! Yes that works... Anyway sorry again for walls of text, i try to break it up so you can read areas you like...Braggle Fraggle.

Shou
Sep 27, 2009, 07:05 AM
I have to admit, there are some really bad payers out there though. If you were playing shooter and one of the guys on your team is using a really weak weapon instead of the sniper rifle he has because he felt like it and is dieing a lot, the team is bound to get angry. If you dont feel like playing very attentivly or are trying to multitask while playing psu, knowing that you are not paying that much attention to the game, then let the others know or just don't play until you are able to give your full attention.
Playing for "looks" or "fun" is fine. Just make sure you know who you are playing with. If you think you should be able to play however the fu** you want in whatever party you want without others getting angry or poking fun at you then lol.... thats life lol. You can't be like that anywhere else unless the people around you are in that same "casual" mode.

Maelstrom 180
Sep 27, 2009, 07:11 AM
Wow magic, i slipped a post in before you Shou somehow while still being able to see yours the moment i re-directed, well i agree with you, like i said before, as long as you dont hinder mission progress and are happy with your gear, more power to ya, and actually i hope someone here can make a 50% 10/10 A rank pallet of things like Soda Ribans or muktrands or even serdotes or somthing, just to show up those elitests, i would love to hear one of them complain when their 9/9 28% repca is doing less per hit than a 10/10 50% riban!

3R
Sep 27, 2009, 07:24 AM
My only concern about someone's pallette are the elements, I mean, if I take my time to get the right elements for a mission, why the hell wouldn't you? And that goes for both weapons and armors.

And well of course, as long is not a shitty weapon I wouldn't mind, it doesn't need to be top-notch either. I myself like Gekitsnatas over all other soears, although there are better ones.

But seriously I find a lot of people with dark-only pallettes, which I find STUPID out of white beasts, there are some who claim dark weapons are cooler which makes babyjesus cry.

In short, just what Shou said, playing for fun is a thing, negligence is another, and don't expect everyone to nod at your ways since this is a multiplayer online game. That shit happens.

God_Shiden
Sep 27, 2009, 07:26 AM
Well....lets see here:
4/4 Pwand
4/10 Pwand
8/8 Dallgun
6/6 Gao rod
9/9 chao staff
7/7 Granahodorac
10/10x2 Ranpegi
10/10? Magical wand/p

It gets the job done.

Mysterious-G
Sep 27, 2009, 08:24 AM
While some people think you only need good gear or actual skill to be good at playing,
I find it nice to have a little bit of both.

Raven5_1
Sep 27, 2009, 09:55 AM
my pallet is seen as weak, almost all s ranks i've got have low elements and were obtained months after everyone else. and i like it that way. i like to make do with what i have and try to get the best out of it. for a while i was running around with b ranks on s1 missions and i was keeping up just fine.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Sep 27, 2009, 11:44 AM
Hoo boy...

I have a LOT of A-Ranks, <35% weapons, and weapons with few grinds. Surprisingly enough, I've only seen people that bash neutral-users and those who like to use a certain element. Oh, and I've also been involved in role reversal of sorts once where a braggart joined and started bragging about all his/her accomplishments in the game, so my party leader booted him/her.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 27, 2009, 11:46 AM
5/5 Inferno with lv 50 prism on opposite with lumirus kaos as gunmaster cast male: around 1668 per hit

9/9 Inferno with lv 50 prism on opposite with lumirus kaos as gunmaster cast male: around 1717 per hit

....SO by that logic i need a 9/9? really? so i can do an extra 49 damge per hit?! thats what? lets say on 6 enemies if it hit that every time, youre looking at what? an extra 300 damage?
Post-supplemental-update, weapons with 10/10 grind get an extra +15% to their total ATP, and that's only Full Custom lvl 2, so this will change (for the worse).

Ithildin
Sep 27, 2009, 11:51 AM
I've been playing since psu was released in Europe and I too don't have max PAs or any 10/10 S ranks. I have a full time job so I can't get on psu that often plus I like to play a lot more games. Having a full time job I can afford to.

BIG OLAF
Sep 27, 2009, 11:52 AM
I've had this problem as well.Many a time I have gotten into arguments with people over topics unrelated to our characters weapons, but, somehow, they decide that perhaps they can try and demoralize me by poking fun at my "less-than-stellar" pallete. Doesn't work. I know better than that. Anyway, I have (on my main):

5/5 24% Light Agito Repca
3/7 46% Dark Yamata-misaki
9/9 46% Lightning Muktengek
6/6 36% Ground Bil De Axe
3/8 42% Ice Gudda Hon
2/10 38% Fire Ank Zagza

Armor: 12% Ice Armas Line. (It's my personal belief that low percent armors are better than high percents. Once again, my play style. Don't agree? That's fine.)

As God_Shiden said, "It gets the job done". That's all there is to it. I'm not trying to impress anybody. If someone doesn't like my weapons, boo-hoo.

VetroDrago
Sep 27, 2009, 12:34 PM
Yeah, elitism sucks, but I always have an easy solution to someone bashing my style. I just say, "Tell it to someone who cares." About palettes, I've been upgrading mine lately, but I'll never have those godly palettes. I'm happy with mine, and I'm proud of what I've done on psu, even if it's not much.

Zufield
Sep 27, 2009, 01:16 PM
I always thought of elitest types to be the kind of person to help others and impress others to show how good certain classes are. Of course, your going to run into a jerk now and then.
I think you're confusing "elitist" and "helpful veteran player" here. There's another poster who's confused the two, but I won't quote that post out of laziness.

Anyway, the best thing to remember is this:

Helpful veteran player:
"Your technique needs work. I'll help you out, a'ight?" (more or less, to my knowledge)

Elitist:
"10/10 EVERYTHING LIKE ME OR GTFO"

I run into the latter far more than the former in PSU. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if all that's left of the PC/PS2 population is the latter. But that's just one person's opinion (this is the key word here folks).

Of course, I'm neither.

Mikura
Sep 27, 2009, 01:23 PM
People criticizing others about their gear in this game is pathetic. Unlike most other MMOs, PSU's gear will not make or break a player that greatly. It'll make a difference, sure. But not enough to where it is hugely noticeable in a party. I hate to keep referring back to FFXI but that is a game where people had every right to criticize another player over gear because since everything was done via macros or auto-attack, gear was the ONLY thing that made a difference between one player and another. In fact, that's actually one of the biggest flaws I find in the game is that it emphasizes too much on gear and nothing else, which is sad since not everyone can afford to be as well-equipped as the vets. But that's just how the game is designed. PSU is NOT one of those games. So again, if someone has an elitist attitude in PSU, they are playing the wrong game since there is absolutely nothing about PSU that warrants such an attitude.

Mimo
Sep 27, 2009, 01:32 PM
I dont see self proclaimed elitists as elitists, not from their boasting and posting. XD -shrugs- Im more concerned with just having fun in game instead of stressing over high weaps. Even though obtaining high class weps may come easily for others. Hmm, fourtunately for me I've only come across one dooshbag during MAG, but in my opinion MAG&MAG2 was a boiling point for people, so I think I understand why that person was such a d!ck. haha x]

Mikura
Sep 27, 2009, 01:52 PM
I dont see self proclaimed elitists as elitists, not from their boasting and posting. XD -shrugs- Im more concerned with just having fun in game instead of stressing over high weaps. Even though obtaining high class weps may come easily for others. Hmm, fourtunately for me I've only come across one dooshbag during MAG, but in my opinion MAG&MAG2 was a boiling point for people, so I think I understand why that person was such a d!ck. haha x]

Yeah, I think everyone was stressed during MAG. I know it turned me into a total ass, and normally I'm a nice guy. It was such a relief when the event ended.

Squirrel3D
Sep 27, 2009, 02:30 PM
I really don't give a crap what anyone thinks of my palettes or how I play. It's my characters, I play my way, and if anyone doesn't like it...they can go to hell.

There is no damn certain way to play in this game, nor is there any rules or what not telling me I have to play a certain way.

milranduil
Sep 27, 2009, 04:12 PM
Wow magic, i slipped a post in before you Shou somehow while still being able to see yours the moment i re-directed, well i agree with you, like i said before, as long as you dont hinder mission progress and are happy with your gear, more power to ya, and actually i hope someone here can make a 50% 10/10 A rank pallet of things like Soda Ribans or muktrands or even serdotes or somthing, just to show up those elitests, i would love to hear one of them complain when their 9/9 28% repca is doing less per hit than a 10/10 50% riban!
Only by 80 damage lol. Also, did you know elitists play more than just FM or GM? I for one have put LOTS of effort into a high end Acrofighter full-range palette which includes 10+ 50% 10/10 A ranks :P
EDIT: It's really kind of sad to see how many people think all elitists are douchebags because frankly it's not true at all. I know several of the remaining ones on PC/PS2 and there is a reason I play with them and not the others (for the most part lol).

Yunfa
Sep 27, 2009, 06:02 PM
http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m194.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

Maelstrom 180
Sep 27, 2009, 06:15 PM
Exciting news! i got myself a 2/2 adahna cannon! now granted it isnt a crazy awesome weapon but again its a bit better than my 5/5 inferno and if i REALLY care, i can use G cash maybe to repair and grind it more like 4/4 or 5/5, but i dont care lets do crazy number crunchy time again! yay.

cast male gunmaster 160 with LKK and lv 50 bullet with 2/2 Adanah cannon: 1635 Squee

cast male gunmaster 160 with LKK and lv 50 bullet with 2/2 Adanah cannon: 1751 Woo?

Okay this time i see a much nicer return, but again, will it ruin a party im in? nah. yay for elbow cannon!

Allison_W
Sep 27, 2009, 08:36 PM
I collect 9* striking weapon boards I find, as well as A-rank materials. As I mentioned before, I've been called a crap collector for this behaviour, but it's easier to mass-synth A-ranks than it is to mass-synth S-ranks... which equates to more shots at higher percents and higher grinds. That, and some classes actually do have a reason to use A-rank weapons, for instance, being limited to them in some weapon categories.

Fun fact: a ground-up Twin Ruby Bullet actually outshines similarly ground S-rank twin guns, up until the Battlestopper, if I remember correctly, and can be used by Acrofighters and Acrotechers. Also, highly ground B'duki Maganacs (8*, even, not 9*) can actually get an ATP boost of well over 400, making them handy if you're a Fortefighter and actually care that you can use A-rank handguns. I'm going to have to get one to 10/10, myself--either that or a B'duki Boa, which isn't as powerful when ground up, but has higher accuracy and the awesome old-fashioned bullets. Or maybe a Ruby Bullet... maybe I'll do them all.

Cracka_J
Sep 27, 2009, 10:18 PM
you guys do realize that "fun" is absolutely relative to each individual player.

what you (op) categorize as "fun" may not be the same definition to others (myself included).

when I played, my fun consisted of running everything at max speed, max potential. to achieve that, I would have to try to run with the best equips and highest level pas. to me personally, taking 30 minutes to complete a mission that I could do in 5-10 with my friends, or solo in less time was not fun or enjoyable...it was a waste of time.

so what I'm trying to say is alot of you on this site REEEEEAAALLLY jump the gun on people you have deemed "elitist" because they derive fun differently from you. just because some people like to run at max potential doesn't mean exactly mean they're elitsts, just means they enjoy different aspects of the game. not gonna criticize either style of play because imo everyone's entitled to what they like to do. just don't jump the gun on people cause they like to play/enjoy the game differently then you do.

Mimo
Sep 27, 2009, 10:59 PM
Eh... uh oh, this was pointed to me earlier, but I didn't mean that elitists are dooshbags, I was replying to the "story" part, meaning I've never met anyone rude in game AT ALL, just one person during MAG, whether she was an elitist or not is beyond my knowledge. She was getting mad at me because I was using cards and she said I would be slowing down the group etc.. >,<

Yeah, my type of fun is just hanging out with friends and playing with whatever I manage to get XD Anyways I'unno what all elitists are like, because I don't think I've ever really met many of them (or any?), but from what I've heard they should be proud of what they have acomplished. I think of them as being rolemodels for others who are really into the technical side of PSU or w/e haha xD

cpl meza
Sep 27, 2009, 11:34 PM
Elitest rule ur just all noobs. You play the game to be the best. If u just wanna play for fun go play maple story.
*galadriel*

Maelstrom 180
Sep 27, 2009, 11:48 PM
Cracka_J, uhm i think you misunderstand me all together, i said in no way was it bad for anyone to use good equipment, if anything you actually addressed my point and echoed my reasoning. what i had said was that players who view those with inferior equipment and look down upon them or even shun them out of their own ego or in some cases ignorance (like a party that booted me believing that traps do elemental damage).

You said and i quote: "when I played, my fun consisted of running everything at max speed, max potential. to achieve that, I would have to try to run with the best equips and highest level pas." and while i can understand you still meet my point, you got exactly what you felt you needed, you got the things you want and used the best of what you had the ability to aquire, does that make you elitest? not in the least, you dont frown apon a player for having a weapon thats less than 7/7. Sure your method of fun differs from mine but it is not valid and i have no quarrel with your method of getting the best equipment, my only vendetta is to show that dispite 10/10 weapons being superior, they are not a nessesity and having less does NOT make you a bad player, or a loser or anything of the sort. So in short you pointed out what i said "play to have fun, use the best you can get" and dont forget that. If anything you seem to think i jumped the gun saying anyone using 10/10s are elitests, which is not true, elitest is usually used negatively to point out those who are not content with imperfections AND who persecute those who do not think in a similar manner. I honestly think that if we stop trying to look superior and stand above everyone with our inferiority complexes we can become friends. I have many gripes and faults, we all do, i for one dislike the gunmaster class and beast gunners, not the players that play them persay, do i feel they are just focusing on that minimal ATP bonus for the beast gunner or the PA levels and then say that it makes it best, but that is a select fiew at most, and even my younger sister is a gunmaster. But i can deal with it, honestly i love playing with them, its just preferences, part of it is feeling that a lot of beast players want to think atp is end end all beat all, and im a die-hard fortegunner so the abundance of gunmasters is dissapointing, but its trends and fashions, new things are always shinier and more appealing than old...gah me and my rants...sometimes i just need to stop 30 lines sooner, either way everyone be happy, get that 3/3 if you think it will make you happy!

Mimo
Sep 28, 2009, 12:04 AM
Elitest rule ur just all noobs. You play the game to be the best. If u just wanna play for fun go play maple story.
*galadriel*

what is this, pokeymon? ima play the game for whatever reason, even if its to teach my grandma how to piss off mexicans!! >:O

jk D:

hmm i wonder if the people in maple story say the same thing.

Keilyn
Sep 28, 2009, 12:07 AM
I am not trying to be rude when I type this...

I like PSU because the game is not an "Elitists" game. PSU and PSO represent a place where you can get wrapped in wonder and play the game, have fun without having to worry about everything being a competition. That is what I love about the game. You meet people, you party up....run a map and you don't need supreme equipment to win.

Before I returned to PSU, my life in gaming was very heavy tournament gaming. Had my own ranking in Cyber Athletes Professional League and Global Gaming League. I also played a lot of shooters online..Some older, some newer and at the time enjoyed them. I also played some PvP oriented RPGs too that were fun.

I just know from experience that there is a much heavier challenge playing against other players than playing against computer controlled enemies.

I enjoy this more for one reason though..

In the very end it is about the people you meet and how you relate. All I have are a lot of folders with FPS gaming screenshots and RPG PvP videos....what I remember most are the people. I should have spent more time becoming better friends with those people and less time trying to accumulate bragging rights.

Maelstrom 180
Sep 28, 2009, 12:12 AM
Keilyn youre a saint, perfectly put, sides if you really want to be an elitest shouldnt you move on to a game with real PVP like say...warcraft? i dont like the game, and i prefer to work together or alone rather than against people, Galadriel is infamous for her "noob bashing" but really who are you trying to impress? I impress friends with my gear but at the same time they have things i dont have, some things i dont like, but again if your life revolves around competition, move onto another game with competition i guess. Then again PSU needs all the players it can get, competitive, and fun loving.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Sep 28, 2009, 03:30 AM
Alright.. 1st off, I'm sick of ppls warped view on what "Elitist" acually means. It refers to a person who wants to be the best they can be at whater it is they're doing. Not that they are an asshole as almost everyone in this thread seems to think.
Alot of the ppl I play with fall into the catagory of "elitist" (the bull PSU definition of it) and get ridiculed or treated like we're assholes just due the equip we have w/o ppl acullay attepting to get to know us first.

Bottom line is that it goes both ways ppl, alot of you say all elitests are douchbags cause they ridicule you, in reality these ppl are just assholes who look down on ppl cause its the only way they can feel good about themselves.
Terming elitests "douchbags" or "assholes" or w/e isnt fair to thos of us who acually just take pride in having the best gear/PA's.

Maelstrom 180
Sep 28, 2009, 05:16 AM
Yes we get mad at those players at times, but we are on different servers, on the ps2 sure i cant be sure that happens, 360 side more often than not the players with the best equipment fall into 2 categories, the first being the experianced well traveled players, sure they have top of the line gear (Fudgehoy the gunmaster is a great example) and are players who understand and respect all weapons but strive for the best, then there are the elitests, and for your information, elitism is defined as:

e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism (ĭ-lē'tĭz'əm, ā-lē'-)
n.
The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

that means that the people with more money or more expensive things think that because they have those things that they ARE better, not that they want to better themselves, its like i have been saying all along so maybe youre theo one throwing tags on people without knowing the meanings? Please dont assume i claim that because you have top of the top gear that we hate you, and more times than not the players with poor gear just want to play and dont attack someone else for their superior equipment...

Tianna
Sep 28, 2009, 07:05 AM
I have come to hate the term "elitist". On my GM I DO have what you could call an elitist palette and I worked hard to get it and I am very proud of it. On my FM palette I have 38% and lower weps and I am working on making them better. I have spent alot of my time maxing my pa's as well. As for armor I have a full 50% rainbow of storm lines with the exception of dark which is a 46% armas. I enjoyed making all these things and I enjoy TAing because I think it's fun. When I lose in TA I am a good sport and congradulate the winners while trying to think of a way to improve my times.

BUT, I have NEVER put down anyone for lower weapons, lower pa's or any style they play. The most enjoyment I get from PSU is making friends and having fun. Somehow I can do both and still enjoy the game. Egos and attitudes just don't fit into my idea of fun.

God_Shiden
Sep 28, 2009, 07:35 AM
Tianna has never put me down for my pallete :P She loves my 9/9 chao staff.

I do enjoy a little efficiency....but Tianna showed me that lol.....

Cracka_J
Sep 28, 2009, 07:49 AM
you dont frown apon a player for having a weapon thats less than 7/7.

I didn't type it in my original post, but this is pretty much the definition of elitist. Like I said, everyone gets their fun differently from the game, but the REAL elitists are the ones that have the good stuff and put forth a conscience effort to make everyone else with equips less then theirs feel like shit.

So yeah after reading your last post I can see we agree on the subject. I wasn't necessarily trying to disagree with you, just reiterating that everyone derives their fun differently and people shouldn't be so quick to label people as "elitists".

Keilyn
Sep 28, 2009, 07:53 AM
The word "Elite" to the military is defined as a person who represents the combination of advanced Experience and Expertise in an area. I will give you examples using PSU of "experience" and "expertise."

Suppose I had a C rank equipment loadout vs an S rank equipment loadout.

I want to give several examples since we all love our equipment sets :P to be fair.

Having a C rank rifle or S rank rifle itself may make a difference in damage, but it will not cause a change in tactics...We know in Gun-types that rifles are our main SE inflicting weapons. It won't change the idea that if we encounter a large enemy with tons of HP that we are going to give it Burn Level 5 or Infection. ^_^

Suppose I fight a Booma Group approaching in a V-Formation. A C rank or S rank ROD won't change the fact I will try to hit it with a Damfoei tech. Lets take an Axe Weapon.....C or S rank axe doesn't change the fact that we need some time bought for positioning to either attempt a first strike with Jabroga against a triggered spawn or an active enemy group. We know the risk is higher to use Jabroga alone than in a group.

The same is true with Armor...Its not about having a 50% Shield...Its about knowing when and where to use it.

I should also point out that Elites know when other elites are present. They are able to analyze information and even may be able to teach others as well. Elites know that another elite can be a friend but also the person that destroys them. In short...Most elites do not let the world know that they are elite. They don't want to become a target and want to minimize exposure.

Tianna
Sep 28, 2009, 07:59 AM
Good to see ur still alive and kicking Cracka. Still miss ya though...if ever you come back, let me know.

God_Shiden
Sep 28, 2009, 08:03 AM
Most of the real elites are gone....And those who want to call themselves elite now are either elite vets or the people who were called shit by the elites themselves....Personally my pallete has never been called crap cuz even most MF's dont have what i do.....Anyways....Most of my damage is my 35+ techs not the rod itself.....It is a nice bonus though....

The way i see it:
4/10 Pwand is 1k+ Tech
8/10 Dallgun is 1k+ tech +50dfp

But pwands get stronger easily so i strive for those.

I actually use a 6/6 Gao Rod but i know a 9/9 or 10/10 chao staff is stronger but i like the looks of it and it isnt used much.

I cant call myself a FT elite because i dont use 10/10 pwands through my whole pallete....But i do find myself elite in the manner that I play, whether is may be as a damage dealing class or a class that provides support and FT can do both.

I think i got off topic......Elites can be eiite but dont call my pallete crap when i'm kepping your ass alive :D

necman
Sep 28, 2009, 08:26 AM
Yes we get mad at those players at times, but we are on different servers, on the ps2 sure i cant be sure that happens, 360 side more often than not the players with the best equipment fall into 2 categories, the first being the experianced well traveled players, sure they have top of the line gear (Fudgehoy the gunmaster is a great example) and are players who understand and respect all weapons but strive for the best, then there are the elitests, and for your information, elitism is defined as:

e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism (ĭ-lē'tĭz'əm, ā-lē'-)
n.
The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

that means that the people with more money or more expensive things think that because they have those things that they ARE better, not that they want to better themselves, its like i have been saying all along so maybe youre theo one throwing tags on people without knowing the meanings? Please dont assume i claim that because you have top of the top gear that we hate you, and more times than not the players with poor gear just want to play and dont attack someone else for their superior equipment...

lol yes that is good for your arguement. I was called an elitist for having a twin ruby with 10 grinds on it. Lets not forget my 8 star kubara granade launcher (can't remember name) my 6/7 pakuda, 7/7 needle cannon I do have 2 phantom riffles and a beam vulcanic with 10 grinds. And my awsome sets of storm line armors. now upgraded cause I sold my rattlsnake with 10 grinds on it. Yay me (just kidding). I got a really good laugh and moved on.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Sep 28, 2009, 09:38 AM
The word "Elite" to the military is defined as a person who represents the combination of advanced Experience and Expertise in an area. I will give you examples using PSU of "experience" and "expertise."

Suppose I had a C rank equipment loadout vs an S rank equipment loadout.

I want to give several examples since we all love our equipment sets :P to be fair.

Having a C rank rifle or S rank rifle itself may make a difference in damage, but it will not cause a change in tactics...We know in Gun-types that rifles are our main SE inflicting weapons. It won't change the idea that if we encounter a large enemy with tons of HP that we are going to give it Burn Level 5 or Infection. ^_^

Suppose I fight a Booma Group approaching in a V-Formation. A C rank or S rank ROD won't change the fact I will try to hit it with a Damfoei tech. Lets take an Axe Weapon.....C or S rank axe doesn't change the fact that we need some time bought for positioning to either attempt a first strike with Jabroga against a triggered spawn or an active enemy group. We know the risk is higher to use Jabroga alone than in a group.

The same is true with Armor...Its not about having a 50% Shield...Its about knowing when and where to use it.

I should also point out that Elites know when other elites are present. They are able to analyze information and even may be able to teach others as well. Elites know that another elite can be a friend but also the person that destroys them. In short...Most elites do not let the world know that they are elite. They don't want to become a target and want to minimize exposure.

Good to see at least one person here knows what the real definition of eilitist is. My point earlier was to get this point across. Thnx Keilyn.
And since I didnt post it earlier here's my equips for my MF:
Psycho Wand: 7/7 10/10
Gaozoran Rod: 10/10
2xDelpi: 10/10
Pushan: 10/10
30% armors and all techs at 50.

The_Brimada
Sep 28, 2009, 12:06 PM
The real elitists pretty much already quit the game and the wannabe elitist who made their presence known when they left are gone as well. Not saying all ellitists are gone, and not saying all of them are anal either(because not all are). That's all I'm going to say on the matter. :p

I honestly don't care how anyone plays. You can make the vears spin, you can use dark element on "lolz rainbow beast", you can use the same element on enemies, ya can blow all the enemies away with TD/jabroken. I will note that it would be better to use the right elements(namely for armor if I see them dying alot -and weapons only if they complain about their dmg being too low), but I won't force them to.

If my game is open you can enter and do w/e the hell you like, it just means I want company. If I don't like something they're doing(which is very rare. Ex: going afk in a mission with a party gate with no notice for a long period of time) I won't even boot them. I will finish the mission and leave the party lol.

I do envy 10/10 palettes but I don't hate on em. I only have dus majarra maxed out(since I don't play masters much), and I do try to strive for half decent equipment. I've gotten lucky with a 9/9 repca and 7/9 love inferno, but that's about it lol.

stukasa
Sep 28, 2009, 12:16 PM
I think everyone should play to have fun, whatever that definition of fun may be, but it's not okay to put down others for not having the best equipment. And in a game like this, it *really* doesn't make much difference most of the time anyway. Besides, PAs/skill > weapons/grinds. :p

hunterseifer
Sep 28, 2009, 12:18 PM
Believe it or not, I like this thread(havent been on pso world to check on just one thread for awhile), keep it going ppl.

On a side note, brim stole my pants and equips, idc about the equips just give back the pants...its cold

Akaimizu
Sep 28, 2009, 12:53 PM
lol yes that is good for your arguement. I was called an elitist for having a twin ruby with 10 grinds on it. Lets not forget my 8 star kubara granade launcher (can't remember name) my 6/7 pakuda, 7/7 needle cannon I do have 2 phantom riffles and a beam vulcanic with 10 grinds. And my awsome sets of storm line armors. now upgraded cause I sold my rattlsnake with 10 grinds on it. Yay me (just kidding). I got a really good laugh and moved on.

That's actually funny. I would think the true test of an elitist, you play with, is if you pulled out the Twin Ruby and wait to see if they get miffed at you for using them. You know stuff like, "What?! Twin Handguns?! Why are you using them?!!"

Being called an elitist on Twins is a new one on me. :)

But for me. I've normally only played with friends, or friends of friends. I generally avoid such encounters. I played some more random matches, at the beginning, but I didn't stick with that much. I just don't bother dealing with them. That's why I left FFXI, you know. I certainly don't want a repeat of that in a game which can be played on a totally different level.

Cracka_J
Sep 28, 2009, 01:16 PM
The real elitists pretty much already quit the game

pretty much? that happened at the end of vanilla :)

Believe it or not, I like this thread(havent been on pso world to check on just one thread for awhile), keep it going ppl.

agreed, and to be honest everyone debating different points are keeping it on the level.

Good to see ur still alive and kicking Cracka. Still miss ya though...if ever you come back, let me know.

:P thanks tianna, not gonna happen though. when I left, aside from the majority of the 98% of stuff I gave away, I gave 5+ of my friends the actual palettes I used. since now they are all inactive, I'd need at least $60 to get my palettes back even if I really wanted to play. I made sure I wasn't coming back :)

DragonStriker
Sep 28, 2009, 01:41 PM
As probably the closest thing to an "elitist" as there is on the Ps2/PC server I feel I should chime in on this topic. Now yes there are plenty of people who strive to have the best gear possible or have the best times or be the best at any certain thing. For the most part on either server that I'v seen no one looks at your pallete and goes "50%s or you suck". Yes I can get overboard and gloat about my gear or even sometimes put people down for their gear. Not really putting people down but, it comes across as that sometimes. I personally understand people who play the game just for fun and don't care about gear. I understand that and get it, I love doing random runs just for fun. Although there is absolutely nothing wrong with people trying to complete missions the fastest they possibly can. I haven't played a whole ton on 360 yet but even there it doesn't seem like you'd get booted for having weaker gear. I believe the thing that makes the "elitists" angry is the other people who generalize them and make them out to be the bad guy for having good gear. I absolutely hate it when people look at my pallete and assume I can't be helpfull. Or people hear some rumor that I'm just some elitist asshole who will put everyone down. If you take the time to give them a shot I expect you to come to a different conclusion. There are probably people out there who do harass you and or boot you for having weaker gear than them. If that happens Blacklist them and move on because those people probably aren't looked highly upon by the true elites of the game.

Maelstrom 180
Sep 28, 2009, 05:17 PM
See now i knew this would happen, to make it clearer i avoided this but i may as well address it, striving to be elite and being an ELITEST are completely different things. I cant remember where i saw it but theres a quote from a famous dancer saying "i did not want to intimidate my audiance, i wish my dancing not to be elitest, but do not mistake me, i did strive for exelence" or somthing to that effect, Elitism is bad, it is an idea that because someone has better things they think they are better, not even concerned with what those less than them can contribute, Just that they are better and end of story to them. So instead of judging a person in how they perform or their personality they frown upon gear, again it happens to me, i do enough damage, but when i stop in to see someone i havent seen in a while, then almost instantly they say "whats wrong with your pallet?" well nothing is wrong as far as im concerned but ofcourse i ask them what they mean and the response is "its all broken, badly, you should be doing much better" so now im sitting here, wanting to have a friendly conversation and all i get is insulted for the amount of money i spend and the gear i use. That is elitism by elitests, It is true an Elite is someone who strives to be the best at what they do, but does not condemn others if their best isnt on the same level, as said before by another poster, they make use of all resources, including other players in mission.

i dont call someone with a high end maxed pallet an elitest, i would call them elite, not elitist, they both root in the word elite, but have very different meanings. So next time someone tells you your gear is bad because they have better, then you know they are elitests. If they have better gear, go ahead and envy them, i know i do on some level, dont attack them.

Edit: Oh and i got cut off with my points that iforgot to say it, glad to see some of the upper level players chiming in, glad to hear it, also some of the people here have some very nice gear! Good on ya!

DragonStriker
Sep 28, 2009, 05:29 PM
See now i knew this would happen, to make it clearer i avoided this but i may as well address it, striving to be elite and being an ELITEST are completely different things. I cant remember where i saw it but theres a quote from a famous dancer saying "i did not want to intimidate my audiance, i wish my dancing not to be elitest, but do not mistake me, i did strive for exelence" or somthing to that effect, Elitism is bad, it is an idea that because someone has better things they think they are better, not even concerned with what those less than them can contribute, Just that they are better and end of story to them. So instead of judging a person in how they perform or their personality they frown upon gear, again it happens to me, i do enough damage, but when i stop in to see someone i havent seen in a while, then almost instantly they say "whats wrong with your pallet?" well nothing is wrong as far as im concerned but ofcourse i ask them what they mean and the response is "its all broken, badly, you should be doing much better" so now im sitting here, wanting to have a friendly conversation and all i get is insulted for the amount of money i spend and the gear i use. That is elitism by elitests, It is true an Elite is someone who strives to be the best at what they do, but does not condemn others if their best isnt on the same level, as said before by another poster, they make use of all resources, including other players in mission.

i dont call someone with a high end maxed pallet an elitest, i would call them elite, not elitist, they both root in the word elite, but have very different meanings. So next time someone tells you your gear is bad because they have better, then you know they are elitests. If they have better gear, go ahead and envy them, i know i do on some level, dont attack them.

Edit: Oh and i got cut off with my points that iforgot to say it, glad to see some of the upper level players chiming in, glad to hear it, also some of the people here have some very nice gear! Good on ya!

Oh I understand your post but in general people assume everyone with big time palletes are jerks. Which was more what my post was directed towards.

Hiero_Glyph
Sep 28, 2009, 05:37 PM
What's interesting is that the 'elitists' are rarely the jerks; it is the players that are jealous of their equipment that have the poor attitudes towards them.

Shou
Sep 28, 2009, 06:37 PM
Elitism is the belief that some people or things are inherently superior to others and deserve preeminence, preferential treatment, or higher rewards because of their superiority.
That doesn't sound like anyone I have ever met before. I think many people are quick to assume people are elitists by mistake or ignorance. Even if a person perfers perfect weapons and likes to time attack missions DOES NOT make them an elitist, and neither does someone making fun of somone for having common or weak items. I don't think you had an encounter with an elitist. You had an encounter with an internet bully I guess.

I doubt there are more than maybe even a few true elitists across the servers. Who doesn't pick fun at others every once in a while? How you handle it shows how mature you are. You didn't meet an elitist. Get over it.

DragonStriker
Sep 28, 2009, 06:54 PM
Elitism is the belief that some people or things are inherently superior to others and deserve preeminence, preferential treatment, or higher rewards because of their superiority.
That doesn't sound like anyone I have ever met before. I think many people are quick to assume people are elitists by mistake or ignorance. Even if a person perfers perfect weapons and likes to time attack missions DOES NOT make them an elitist, and neither does someone making fun of somone for having common or weak items. I don't think you had an encounter with an elitist. You had an encounter with an internet bully I guess.

I doubt there are more than maybe even a few true elitists across the servers. Who doesn't pick fun at others every once in a while? How you handle it shows how mature you are. You didn't meet an elitist. Get over it.

*Raises Hand*

Keilyn
Sep 28, 2009, 07:00 PM
I don't....because I am used to teaching and helping players. I don't like to discourage them....constructive criticism or tough love goes a long way as well. I am very used to throwing tactics into games and group coordination when working on strategy.

I don't like to put people down. I figure everyone out there including me will make mistakes, but for all you know I can be the one making the mistake if I see a strange pallet and find that it really comes together on the field as Ive seen and used many times...

If you want to judge something, judge the results and not the pallet....just because you have 10/10 grinds and max PAs...doesn't mean the player who has one or two max PAs and a poorly grinded weapon is not smarter than you.

Maelstrom 180
Sep 28, 2009, 07:13 PM
Picking fun and insulting someone are different, and i pulled a 2 line quote from the conversation, but you can make your own opinions on who i met, the point is still valid that in more cases than not players with less valuable weapons are not the agressors but the victims of discrimination over weapons in a videogame. Do i feel i hate the person? Nope but the fact still stands that they did indeed feel they were better than me because they had "pretty unbroken weapons" and as a matter of fact the last thing said before i left their room was "im better than you, deal with it"and while that may not in itself make that person an elitest, that is elitest behavior. But then again on this forum it seems you live to contradict. Im not sure what server you are on but i fairly regularly whitness groups of players who feel they are better than others picking on people in lobbies and in parties. The point isnt in the word itself anyway its in the result, and rather than you supporting players for being proud and getting together to share their experiances and their favorite equipment, you just show cold irritation in the matter, if you think youve got a problem with us being flustered due to frequent harassment over equipment, then make your own thread and move on because it seems like you just want to defend elitists. Now let me point somthing out for the 50th time and i hope all of you support me in this.

HAVING 10/10 50% WEAPONS AND ARMOR AND TIME ATTACKING DOES NOT MAKE SOMEONE AN ELITIST AND IT NEVER WILL. AN ELISTIST IS ONE WHO FEELS THEY ARE BETTER THAN ANOTHER PLAYER IN TERMS OF PSU BY HAVING MORE MONEY AND BETTER GEAR AND HARASS OTHER PLAYERS.

There, now please eqeryone support me when i say this, i have a friend who is running around with 9/9 and 10/10 weapons and 46% weapons and armor, theyre a good friend , but they also have openly admitted they dont see much difference from a 10/10 and a 7/7 of the same weapon (with exceptions ofcourse) and sure i envy them, but i am happy with my gear. So please support me, anyone else wandering from the topic to say we are incorrectly using the word i already defined previously which seemed to be ignored by others already, to just ignore them, they are missing the point and if you want me to change the topic name to weapon nazis ir "internet bully" or maybe "we hate those peoples who pick on out weapons" i will, but just please stay on topic and just share stories and gear so we can feel proud not like leppers for disliking "equipment nazis" okay then?

Keilyn
Sep 28, 2009, 08:20 PM
The one thing everyone in this forum has failed to mention in not just this thread but in years of actually reading this forum as I've seen many posts but was not registered....is that even in the PSO days people were stuck in the way of DAMAGE.

No one took the time to realize that damage is just a number that relates to health (health vs anti-health) and health/damage = number of hits (if one single target PA) or number of attacks (multihit PAs).

The idea is to keep grinding, using buffs and get higher elemental %s and PA levels to reduce the total number of hits to as low as possible to kill the enemy, but also in the lowest time possible to prevent enemies from launching their attacks. The time between attacks varies from enemies. This means LOGICALLY that your timing will be different for each fight..

Its not about the overall time, but what you do per battle that counts.

Once you reduce your total number of hits (or attacks) to three...In order to actually reduce your number of hits by one, you will need to increase your output by 50%.

3/1 = 3 (normal)
3/1.5 = 2 (output + 50%)

The increase is relevant if it will prevent an attack from occuring, irrelevent if the enemy is so slow that you have time to make every hit to kill it.

If your grinds and percentages + buffs can't set up to reduce number of hits/attacks further...then that is the limit of their growth against that enemy....and if the enemy requires too many hits enough that increasing to take less hits to kill in enemy will not grant you any better timing...then the grind is equally useless since the result it produces is minimal and hardly noticed at all...

Everyone talks damage...but part of formulating tactics into strategy and group efforts is not just knowing the limit of your enemy, but knowing your own limits as well.

Maybe it feels great having a 10/10 50% weapon, but do you know your weapon and its potential well enough to believe that you actually deserve that weapon?

Squirrel3D
Sep 28, 2009, 09:23 PM
See my thing is this...I don't give a crap what you have on your palette. I'm not jealoius just because some dude has say...a better, much stronger Rod than Cynica Thomas. As long as you can do your part in the mission, and even help others defeat enemies, not to mention have some decent skills...then that's all I care about.

I can't help it if I run into eletists who are mostly jackasses!! :rant:

Ellea
Sep 28, 2009, 11:03 PM
you guys do realize that "fun" is absolutely relative to each individual player.

what you (op) categorize as "fun" may not be the same definition to others (myself included).

when I played, my fun consisted of running everything at max speed, max potential. to achieve that, I would have to try to run with the best equips and highest level pas. to me personally, taking 30 minutes to complete a mission that I could do in 5-10 with my friends, or solo in less time was not fun or enjoyable...it was a waste of time.

so what I'm trying to say is alot of you on this site REEEEEAAALLLY jump the gun on people you have deemed "elitist" because they derive fun differently from you. just because some people like to run at max potential doesn't mean exactly mean they're elitsts, just means they enjoy different aspects of the game. not gonna criticize either style of play because imo everyone's entitled to what they like to do. just don't jump the gun on people cause they like to play/enjoy the game differently then you do.

I understand the way you're looking at this. Though the fact is, just because they like to play a certain way, it doesn't give them the right to enforce their opinion on someone else, and criticize others because of it. No one here is enforcing their opinion on an 'elitist' what we're saying is, in the end, elitists are in the wrong due to the fact they criticize others based on the quality of their weapons, armor, PA's and so on...

Cracka_J
Sep 29, 2009, 08:57 AM
What's interesting is that the 'elitists' are rarely the jerks; it is the players that are jealous of their equipment that have the poor attitudes towards them.

I agree with this, and without reading TOO much into it, think a lot of it stems from insecurities irl. I think a lot of people pass off people that like to strive for the best gear and play at their full potential as unapproachable assholes who wouldn't give them the time of day.

Just in my experience, this has never been the case. I remember when people used to dog certain players on the forums left and right as elitist, then I'd meet them in game and just shoot the shit and the people were 100% chill.

It all comes down to the old "judging a book by it's cover" phrase. It holds true on both ends though...people shouldn't just be passing judgment on people as elitists without actually knowing them, and elitists shouldn't be judging others (especially in a game like PSU lol) based on their gear.

Maelstrom 180
Sep 29, 2009, 04:30 PM
Hey Aida/Zero/demonic, OP is me actually, Maelstrom from 360 serverside, wow shocked to see we have similar pallets to a degree, yours is a bit better and your PAs are better but then again im fortegunner so its sorta...well not apples and oranges so much as sweet apples and sour apples, not that either is bad...(now i want an apple, CURSE YOU FRUIT ANALOGY!) but yeah i have a 5/5 elite and a 8/8 pakuda, i considered a pakudak but i love the "THWACK" noise of the pakuda, as for mayalee prism i use a 3/9 infernoc or my 6/6 degahna or new 2/2 adahna due to pp and just use my inferno for damage dealing (even if the 2/2 adahna is stronger heh, i love my red pallet (oh nose double parenthasis! well while im here, the "red pallet" is the Killer Elite, red and orange, the love inferno, red and pink, the pakuda, red and blue, and the hanab, red and purple, its the fortegunner power Srank 12*s) and sometimes i use my grenades for damage or croud scattering, usually damage on some bosses) but yeah i also run a neutral serafi and a V-power and i use orpad guard or legs and occasionally ill toss in the Hizeri / concentrate for RARE RCSM use, not often....but other than that i swap flughe for sturm, yay for like minds.

Hiero_Glyph
Sep 29, 2009, 05:22 PM
Hey Aida/Zero/demonic, OP is me actually, Maelstrom from 360 serverside, wow shocked to see we have similar pallets to a degree, yours is a bit better and your PAs are better but then again im fortegunner so its sorta...well not apples and oranges so much as sweet apples and sour apples, not that either is bad...(now i want an apple, CURSE YOU FRUIT ANALOGY!) but yeah i have a 5/5 elite and a 8/8 pakuda, i considered a pakudak but i love the "THWACK" noise of the pakuda, as for mayalee prism i use a 3/9 infernoc or my 6/6 degahna or new 2/2 adahna due to pp and just use my inferno for damage dealing (even if the 2/2 adahna is stronger heh, i love my red pallet (oh nose double parenthasis! well while im here, the "red pallet" is the Killer Elite, red and orange, the love inferno, red and pink, the pakuda, red and blue, and the hanab, red and purple, its the fortegunner power Srank 12*s) and sometimes i use my grenades for damage or croud scattering, usually damage on some bosses) but yeah i also run a neutral serafi and a V-power and i use orpad guard or legs and occasionally ill toss in the Hizeri / concentrate for RARE RCSM use, not often....but other than that i swap flughe for sturm, yay for like minds.

Anyone else see the irony of how the OP is the one comparing their weapons to other players and not some elitist player degrading them? Again, I will say that most of the anitmosity from this thread is simply due to jealousy, not elite players insulting other players' equipment.

EDIT: And don't get me started on using neutral armor, no resist unit, etc. It doesn't take an elitist to know that you need to change your setup for every mission.

unicorn
Sep 29, 2009, 05:26 PM

If people think other people are jealous of them, that kinda makes them elitist.... >_>;

I think if people want to play optimally, then thats their choice and they find that fun. However, it turns into l33tism when they are rude to other players and exclude them from parties judging from their equipment.

I don't like to spend 40 mins in a mission, and I probably wouldn't let someone 50 levels under me join my party if I'm trying to find something (especially if they are going to BS their way through the whole mission). But if they are relatively around the same level as me and seem polite and can handle themselves, then why not? It seems some players are VERY exclusive to who they play with, and I think thats wrong in an online game.

So whether or not you have 10/10 PWands or 5/5 Halarods, I'd let you join me if yer nice and don't suck too hard. If you suck incredibly bad and "brb" at random times, knock enemies across the room when asked not to, are rude to people... then HELL no.

Yunfa
Sep 29, 2009, 09:59 PM
http://www.laymark.com/i/bo/bo004.jpg (http://www.laymark.com)

I regret clicking on your "my website!" link AIDA! That song was one of my most hated songs playing through 1st four .hack games, thankfully the last 3 .hack//roots games didn't have that seizure music.

Squirrel3D
Sep 30, 2009, 09:04 PM
EDIT: I don't care if you blow more chunks at PSU than thought possible, if you are brb the whole mission, if the whole party is rappys, little kids, girls, whatever. Nothing really bothers me. The only time I would boot someone would be if they are harassing/putting down another user. Other than that, no booting!

Sounds like someone I would gladly play with. No eletism from you.

DAMASCUS
Oct 1, 2009, 12:27 PM
I'm generally a 'casual' player and sometimes 'lazy'( i.e. forgets to use Megistarides constantly ;p ) and I haven't run into too many 'elitist' types but when I do I am amazed at how infuriating it is. There are two main elitists I've met:

Chest bangers: Brag about their equipment and tease you about yours. At the extreme they'll join a party and demolish everthing before anyone can get a hit and blame everyone else for not keeping up. Doesn't happen often and their teasing is not personal so its actually funny to match wits with them.

Rule Makers: They love looking at your pallette and analyzing how appropriate it is for the mission. If you are not being as efficient as you could be they'll browbeat until you give up and tell them they're right/ or just leave group. These are the worst because they'll come into casual groups and pick people to alienate and then its hard to have a relaxing time knowing that you may be next..

Squirrel3D
Oct 1, 2009, 01:35 PM
Rule Makers: They love looking at your pallette and analyzing how appropriate it is for the mission. If you are not being as efficient as you could be they'll browbeat until you give up and tell them they're right/ or just leave group. These are the worst because they'll come into casual groups and pick people to alienate and then its hard to have a relaxing time knowing that you may be next..

These people don't have lives. They're the type who spend most of their free time sitting in front of PSU just looking to make themselves feel superior to you.

Tru Reaper
Oct 1, 2009, 02:05 PM
All I do, Is black list and mute.

If they kick me well snap; Join another party or start my own.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 1, 2009, 03:44 PM
I've had people yell at me for using Paradi Cataract saying it OP and doesn't give them enough time to at least tag. But then again these are the shmucks that Tornado Dance in front of the team and kill everything ahead of them.

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 1, 2009, 04:03 PM

These people don't have lives. They're the type who spend most of their free time sitting in front of PSU just looking to make themselves feel superior to you.

Alright, I have to comment on this.

First, PSU allows you to know exactly which enemies every mission contains so using the proper element is the least that you can do. Anyone that is unable to manage this task is similar to a student that forgets to bring a #2 pencil when taking a standardized test. Seriously, why even bother showing up if you are not going to be properly prepared? Should I give you one of my pencils because you don't have any? PSU is no different in that if you are not prepared then I have to make up for your slack.

Second, I can't tell you the number of times that players do not use proper resist units. White Beast is notorious for n00bs not having a sleep/resist. Again, should I waste my sols on you because you are not prepared or hope that you have scape dolls so that you don't return to lobby and ruin the ranking? If you are not going to use the proper resist unit then at least be courteous enough to know that you are hurting everyone else and take the criticism (because you deserve it). Better yet you can learn from your mistake and go purchase the proper resist unit.

Lastly, not every run is a speed run and leveling PAs is fun. That being said, using a scatter PA in a public party is just inconsiderate. Using the same element should be avoided if at all possible as well. These are just basic rules that every player should follow. Ignoring them or calling other players 'elite' because they respect others and want to put forth their best effort at all times is simply ignorant.

More importantly is that PSU is a game and every player has the right to play the game the way they want. This includes booting players that some feel are not up to par. If you fall into this group that is lacking then you have two choices: get better, or get booted (and whine about it). At least we know which group some players fall into.

bupjo
Oct 1, 2009, 06:05 PM
mikura, you are my new hero....well said

necman
Oct 1, 2009, 07:00 PM

First, PSU allows you to know exactly which enemies every mission contains so using the proper element is the least that you can do. Anyone that is unable to manage this task is similar to a student that forgets to bring a #2 pencil when taking a standardized test. Seriously, why even bother showing up if you are not going to be properly prepared? Should I give you one of my pencils because you don't have any? PSU is no different in that if you are not prepared then I have to make up for your slack.

Second, I can't tell you the number of times that players do not use proper resist units. White Beast is notorious for n00bs not having a sleep/resist. Again, should I waste my sols on you because you are not prepared or hope that you have scape dolls so that you don't return to lobby and ruin the ranking? If you are not going to use the proper resist unit then at least be courteous enough to know that you are hurting everyone else and take the criticism (because you deserve it). Better yet you can learn from your mistake and go purchase the proper resist unit.

Lastly, not every run is a speed run and leveling PAs is fun. That being said, using a scatter PA in a public party is just inconsiderate. Using the same element should be avoided if at all possible as well. These are just basic rules that every player should follow. Ignoring them or calling other players 'elite' because they respect others and want to put forth their best effort at all times is simply ignorant.

More importantly is that PSU is a game and every player has the right to play the game the way they want. This includes booting players that some feel are not up to par. If you fall into this group that is lacking then you have two choices: get better, or get booted (and whine about it). At least we know which group some players fall into.

I kind of agree with you but not really. I have forgoten resist units in the past and had to ask if my spot could be saved to get a few items. I agree fully about the scattering enemies with pa's 100%. I disagree with the player booting cause someone is not as good as you want them to be unless you specify in the comment section. I definitly agree with not using same element against the same however I don't see anything at the begining of, or anywhere till you run into said enemies that indicates what elements you will be facing

Maelstrom 180
Oct 1, 2009, 07:05 PM
I feel like this is becoming warped now in the discussion but that doesnt make it any less valid. Now Heiro, its true having propper elements or resists is important, but i wouldnt call a resist "required" per say, and yes it hurts the team but in more cases than not its less of a problem, because more often than not a team in any mission (in your case white beast) reguardless of elemental weapons (ive seen teams on S2 using all wrong and some same element) can still eraticate mobs in no time flat, ive even done whole runs without my sleep or freeze resist unit and in usual if there are 3 players or more i dont get put to sleep, i attack enemies from behind, or i realize that sometimes things on my game dont mesh with others so i WILL move and use teammates as shields, cause very often for them the attack never occured. I dont dissagree its much easier to have ky sleep resist, but if a player who just got to S ranks and is trying to keep up and keep their equipment at "optemal" as some put it, you can thereby reason that if they havent had much luck finding good rares to sell, it is not impossible that they wont buy the sleep resist.in favor of the all important higher % or grinded S ranks that SOME PLAYERS keep telling therm they need. Like i said i dont dissagree with you Hiero, but at the same time if you were doing a mission where you should have say a Vijeri resist, andt here was no other alternative, and some player said "oh its just 100Mil, thats nothing go buy one" then wouldnt you feel a bit upset? Like i said dont get me wrong, i sometimes get annoyed by players without resists, but i shield them just the same because i know how hard it can be. Not everyone in this game magically has 20 Mil or more...

Preparation is important but youre in a game where you already said you know all the answers to the questions, theres no curve balls anymore, and little diversity, white beast spam = Purple pallet, maybe 1 white, white armor, sleep resist, its becoming 2+2 here, yes its easy to know but some players still have that new car smell and are still using their fingers to count. And worst of all, some classes are becoming extinct. sure Fighmasters, Gunmasters, Protrancers, and Acrotechers are all healthy populated classes, but with the split from masterforce and fortetecher their populations are hurting, fortefighters too are less popular. and lets not forget the going extinct Fortegunner, Fighgunner, Wartecher, Guntecher, and Acrofighter. I think this is why in PSP2 we only get 4 classes now (as rumors state so far). Its because as a whole the fanbase of PSU flocks to 4 primary classes, not exactly the ones i said but still... Rant over, again Heiro i agree with you to a point but its hard to take anyone tossing in the word "n00b" as 100% right.

Squirrel3D
Oct 1, 2009, 08:43 PM

1) First, PSU allows you to know exactly which enemies every mission contains so using the proper element is the least that you can do. Anyone that is unable to manage this task is similar to a student that forgets to bring a #2 pencil when taking a standardized test. Seriously, why even bother showing up if you are not going to be properly prepared? Should I give you one of my pencils because you don't have any? PSU is no different in that if you are not prepared then I have to make up for your slack.

2) Second, I can't tell you the number of times that players do not use proper resist units. White Beast is notorious for n00bs not having a sleep/resist. Again, should I waste my sols on you because you are not prepared or hope that you have scape dolls so that you don't return to lobby and ruin the ranking? If you are not going to use the proper resist unit then at least be courteous enough to know that you are hurting everyone else and take the criticism (because you deserve it). Better yet you can learn from your mistake and go purchase the proper resist unit.

3) Lastly, not every run is a speed run and leveling PAs is fun. That being said, using a scatter PA in a public party is just inconsiderate. Using the same element should be avoided if at all possible as well. These are just basic rules that every player should follow. Ignoring them or calling other players 'elite' because they respect others and want to put forth their best effort at all times is simply ignorant.

1) You know the last I checked, this is a videogame...not the real world. You say PSU let's you prepare for enemies in terms of elements....but you never mention that in the game you are never given details of the enemies and what elements they are. You make it sound like everyone has to go on...say..psupedia and research the enemies in any mission they play before fighting them. It's a horrible comparsion between this game and a something that occurs in real life.

2) Your the type of player that people like me avoid. See here's the problem with your aurgement...what if these "noobs" don't even have a sleep/resist yet? What if I'm starting out a new character and he/she doesn't have one yet? Also, you don't HAVE to use a sol on someone unless they ask for your help. Can they not take care of themselves?

3) Reading this, too me it sounds like you're just telling people how to play the game your way. I'm not gonna play PSU your way or anyone elses way. I play the game with my characters in my own way. Yes I know what I'm doing. Yes I know what elements to use on what enemy. But if I don't have that one elemental weapon to contrast the enemy element (and this always happens when Chopper Thomas), then it can't be helped. Deal with it. Oh, and I know what PAs to use. I always make sure I have the max number of scapes on me before joining missions. No I don't have every resist for all my characters...another thing you gotta deal with.

It just pisses me off how much a perfectionist you come off in that post. Everyone in this game...as well as in life...make mistakes!! You know there are people out there who takes videogames seriously....you...you take this game TOO SERIOUSLY. :rant:

I'm not defending people who are that stupid enough not to know what they are doing in this game, but defending people like me who's not at fault just because they don't have all of the things you think they should have in every mission and don't play the game they way you think they should. If I'm playing white beast as say...my masterforce Cynica Thomas....I'm gonna keep using Megid and Ramegid until they both run out at the beginning each and everytime. I don't spend hours of my life sitting in front of the TV trying to level every PA to the max. So forgive me if all of Cynica's spells reached level 30 yet due to having a life.

Allison_W
Oct 1, 2009, 08:55 PM
Not everyone is secretly a player who's been here for three years with a capped main with stacks of meseta twinking out all their lowbie alts. Believe it or not, some people are actually new, and Can't Afford a Sleep / Resist unit because they are Fscking Expensive.

Hell, I just got a character into the triple-digit levels for the first time a few days ago. I do have a Sleep / Resist unit--because I no-lifed Forest Infiltration C for days spanking Adahna Degahna and making it call me Mommy to get it. And I don't even run White Beast much. Chances are the time I do spend in there will mostly be hunting for Serafi-Senba boards and hoping for some nice gemstone and Orta-type drops along the way.

The fact of the matter is that Not Everyone Will Have Sleep / Resist units--not because they're stupid, but because it's not a feasible expenditure for them. This is where teamwork comes in. Yes, that is what those Sol Atomizers are for, and you can carry a stack of Antimates for yourself and Sols for when you need to help an ally. Hell, when I'm grouping, I even carry moons. A Moon Atomizer is cheaper for me than a Scape Doll is for them.

On the flip side, it's not hard to have the right element weapon on hand at least a considerable majority of the time once you're past maybe B-rank missions--even as a player who is Poor, getting A-rank and even common S-rank weapons with OK elemental ratings is an economically feasible proposition, especially if you shop around and look for deals. In my case, for instance, I found that mid-percent Gudda Hons bought off the open market are a surprisingly cheap and effective solution for a beast WT, I suspect due to the limited market for them. So good I grabbed four of'em--I might go back for fire and ice ones yet, or I might skip that and see if I can get a Bruce's Dungeon S group together in search of Gudda Iggac boards. Their PP isn't so hot and the ATP takes a little hit compared to the Hon, but I can't argue with a 701 ATA when I'm still at a point where I still have to deal with goose eggs.

Now something that really does annoy the snot out of me is S-rank armours. The options so far I've seen for those are just atrocious, with the decent types like Serafis carrying astronomical prices for even mediocre element levels, and so far I just haven't found it worth it to make the transition from A-rank to S-rank armours yet--especially when I have A-rank armours with good elements, the slots I want, and decent fringe benefits to boot.

Shou
Oct 1, 2009, 09:19 PM
You guys do know that Heiro was not talking about someone just starting the game but someone who refuses to use resist units right?

I seriously doubt someone who has played the game longer than a month does not have enough meseta or connections to get any of the resist units besides Vijeri Resist of course.

Allison, 100k in the shops for a sleep resist. look it up. Not days of spamming missions for it.

PSU is loaded with friendly and helpful people willing to give away meseta and items.

Also just to put it out there: People who think that everyone thinks they are petter than they are is a pretty big sign that you are insecure. Basics of Psychology. I SERIOUSLY doubt that there is even the slightest amount of people that think they are better people IRL than someone else in PSU because of their in-game status.

Allison_W
Oct 1, 2009, 09:24 PM
You guys do know that Heiro was not talking about someone just starting the game but someone who refuses to use resist units right?

I seriously doubt someone who has played the game longer than a month does not have enough meseta or connections to get any of the resist units besides Vijeri Resist of course.

Allison, 100k in the shops for a sleep resist. look it up. Not days of spamming missions for it.

PSU is loaded with friendly and helpful people willing to give away meseta and items.

son of a bitch I spent days beating on Adahna for it only for the price to drop like a week later

Oh well, I did get the Adahna Cannon biomaterial out of it, so the time was not wasted.

Seriously, when I got the unit, the price was astronomical (in the yellows) but now it's definitely more reasonable. Yeah, a Sleep / Resist is now priced at a level where it should be low-hanging fruit for the vast majority of White Beast players, but that's a fairly recent development. My apologies.

Shou
Oct 1, 2009, 09:26 PM
yalolPSUevents

Allison_W
Oct 1, 2009, 09:33 PM
yalolPSUevents

I mean, you can see how I would make that mistake, totally.

For that matter, I wouldn't be surprised if some players put off from buying a Sleep / Resist by its formerly batshit price tag aren't aware yet, either; if I do see anyone getting narcolepsy'd in a mission where it's a common threat, I'll pass the news along.

Keilyn
Oct 1, 2009, 09:50 PM
My apologies to everyone, please do not take this the wrong way...

It seems as its a growing trend where people in a game believe that by popular opinion a person who appears to be good, must be good and thus be an elite. Reminds me of the players in first person shooter games who have high popularity and are considered elites due to their skill within that circle...This same mentality existed in PSO as well.....if you appear good...then you must be ELITE.....

The fact is that if I had to judge who is elite and who isn't by the standards I experienced in the real world and by the actual definition and representation of the terms...The majority here would fail.

One reason a person appreciates an elite in the real world is because of their double or triple role. Elites have enough experience to become leaders and many rely on their groups and even teach their own skills to their group. They make do with what they have while also serving a role as a follower while a leader...

You can see the difference and profession alone doesn't make the Elite....

So far, most of this thread has been "me, myself and I" in both ends of the spectrum. Opinion and belief...but no one has ever spoken about their own groups...friends who they rely on and any real experiences with others to share.

Sure...it's true that a lowlife scum may parade around the server thinking that they own the place with their equipment and expect others to follow their line of thinking...but its far more scum to deny your friends who help you through the months and years of playing and make it look like you did everything on your own.

I've ran a group for months. I don't care much about my equipment, type and levels as I care about my group being happy and getting them to where they want to be and preparing us for the events that follow. I've played this event with the purpose of securing the items and weapons they need as well as helping each player reach their individual goals.

I trust them and I spend my time teaching and helping them....but I also learn too from watching their approaches and get new ideas all the time. I've dealt with a lot of attacks from other groups and a lot of problems from some other players...but we are still together and do what we can for each other...

...and that is much closer to what an elite is than the garbage I've read from many in this thread. So please don't insult the people who try by flashing your equipment and expecting heavenly recognition...It is such an insult to group leaders trying to bring people together and a stab to the integrity of the game itself.

~Keilyn

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 1, 2009, 10:02 PM
When were Sleep/Resists 100k? I remember sellin mine off at 5k. Actually that went for all my resists. Also, I wasn't stupid. Basic Business told me that if something in your shop isn't popular sell it for less.

Noc Codez
Oct 1, 2009, 10:09 PM
I have an all 42% 2/10 Pallet in every element on my fighmaster pallet from Rucars to Zagza and even Mukpromotos And i Hardly consider myself an "Elite" There will be always someone better than someone else. Yea it's good to have nice stuff but people tend to forget that everything that they own/have in game are only on loan from Sega once the servers go off they wont have it anymore. That's my take on it anyway.

Frosty7645
Oct 1, 2009, 10:11 PM
agree 100% on the loan from sega lmao

Noc Codez
Oct 1, 2009, 10:19 PM
I'm telling you some people on this game act like it's there career, it's kind of Sad when someone Justifies there social Status in a "Game".... Look at me i got UBER rares ! LOL Most of the people who has very nice stuff and i'm talking 50%+9/9,10/10 weapons either Profited from the grinder glitch exploit on the xbox 360 servers or spend There pay checks or birthday money on buying meseta. I know/heard of a couple of people who still have stacks of S+10's on alt accounts it's just that crazy......... :-?

Delete
Oct 1, 2009, 10:34 PM
You speak the truth, I once mentioned something about this in another thread but didn't have the facts to back it up. Now I'm not gonna lie though, you will never see me with a 1/1 or 2/2 (etc) weapon on any of my characters. This is not because I am too perfect for them, it's simply because you can get most weapons (with the exception of some really rare ones) with either decent or no grinds at all.

% is another thing a handful of people care too much about. I do not need any 50% weapons. As long as it is 30% and up, I am ok. ^^

Noc Codez
Oct 1, 2009, 10:44 PM
Well i only use weapon 40%+ because that's just me i like to hit hard but 50% i could never afford that ya know unless i profited from the grinder glitch or buy meseta from certain sites. which there are a lot of them out there. Now i'm Looking into having a gunmaster pallet and i just spent my stack that i saved for 3 weeks and i'm still not finshed :(

Delete
Oct 1, 2009, 10:44 PM
I'm telling you some people on this game act like it's there career, it's kind of Sad when someone Justifies there social Status in a "Game".... Look at me i got UBER rares ! LOL Most of the people who has very nice stuff and i'm talking 50%+9/9,10/10 weapons either Profited from the grinder glitch exploit on the xbox 360 servers or spend There pay checks or birthday money on buying meseta. I know/heard of a couple of people who still have stacks of S+10's on alt accounts it's just that crazy......... :-?

Some people are just lucky my friend, I know someone who found 3 Agito Repca Boards in one week and who later made a 50% one. Then again, there are some people like you said who still have stacks of S+10's which pisses me off. On the plus side, it's not too hard to make money even for the casual player. I myself just started playing again a little bit and I didn't even remember I have 470 mil. :D

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 1, 2009, 11:14 PM
I think that some people are misunderstanding my post. Let me clarify a few points.

For one thing, having a 50% weapon or 10/10 one is never needed but gives certain players something to keep them interested. That being said, if you are running White Beast you should be aware that the mission is entirely Light element with the exception of the boss being Dark and Light element. Why players use Lightning and Fire striking weapons I will never understand as low %, proper element weapons are very inexpensive and have a huge impact on your damage.

Another point is that just as you have the right to use off-element weapons, I have the right to boot you for doing it. Sure this is not real life here but just a video game. I can enforce any rules I want in my fake reality. If you do not like it then blacklist the person and start your own game. If no one will play with you or you have trouble keeping players in your game then perhaps you might think about why this is happening. If I join a public party and the host is having a hard time of things I might think twice about staying. Who wants to take 45 minutes finishing a run that can be done in 15?

And finally, complaining about someone will never make them change; simply ignore them and move on. What's funny is that it is often the players saying that they have a 'life' that get upset when their virtual character has problems. Who cares what others do or think about you in a video game? Just remember that if you play by your own rules you will often be playing alone, that is unless you are so good that players want you around. No one ever said virtual life was fair.

Noblewine
Oct 1, 2009, 11:42 PM
I've been reading this and thought I contribute. I'm pretty comfy with it.
Current pallet.

32% Ice Bucaneer Spinning Strike
15% Ground Ank Zagzac
31% Ground Arza Promote
20% Ice Gudda Skula
34% Light Arza Promote
Ruby Bullet
21% Ground T Durandle Replice

What bother me most is players who judges someone because of their ID number and gear.

Maelstrom 180
Oct 2, 2009, 01:06 AM
Welcome Noblewine, nice to see more people sharing pallets, hope you dont think it rude of me but if that is a zagzac instead of a zagza, some consideration could be used, i mean ive used kubara axes and with the exception of the okanoc and bil de axe/bico they start weak but then again i dont know your grinds so maybe its good. Sorry dont feel in singling you out and/or picking on ya, durandal reps and the Skella / arza are all good weapns, specially the durandals with a few grinds. Also im a bit of a buccaneer enthusiast (i have rainbow 30%+ ones) so i respect that as a supplement to the handgun, if you havent tried slicers, give them a shot though to pair with pistol, some people LOVE slicers as fortefighter for sheer power, if we were same server id love to run with ya though, ooh and hit me up when PSZ comes out cause i have it (J, version, gonna get the stateside one too) so maybe we can play some there, i run a Ra-cast.

Just my recomendations for some equipment suggestions, look for a buti or zagza, if theyre a little pricey look for okanoh or dedda, but you dont have to, again im sure you hit plenty hard with it, just my view...and for some reason i now wanna try and get a zagzac to see how they look...*ahem* also for slicer if you want to spend a bit more, a stec slicer with 4-5 grinds is decent power and good PP, otherwise kubiri-hiken is good choice, just search slider at min rarity of 9 stars...anyway take the tip or not, enjoy the zagzac, i think ill get a zagzac or deddac or butic for axe leveling (kill less to use more times)

hunterseifer
Oct 2, 2009, 01:20 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure its just for lvling pa's, thats what I use them for. A 10/10 zagzac is close to a okanoh 0/10 atp wise, so its the only thing I can think of.

Delete
Oct 2, 2009, 02:32 AM
Another point is that just as you have the right to use off-element weapons, I have the right to boot you for doing it.

Honestly, does it matter in this game? Your saying you would boot someone when you have like 6 people in a white beast run and 1 of them is using light weapons? Will that make you feel proud?

relentless
Oct 2, 2009, 07:45 AM
Honestly, does it matter in this game? Your saying you would boot someone when you have like 6 people in a white beast run and 1 of them is using light weapons? Will that make you feel proud?

I think it depends on the situation if it matters or not.
You're naming a specific situation.
I would personally say that it would be a bit unreasonable to get into that situation to begin with, but I would also agree that it would be unreasonable to boot someone in said case.
And Hiero didn't say he boots everyone using the same element, but he has the right to do so.
It is understandable if you take his view for a moment.

You'd feel annoyed instead of proud, if at all.

Frosty7645
Oct 2, 2009, 08:02 AM

there are sites were you can buy meseta? i didnt think psu was that popular lmao an it prolly costs like 10 bucks for a mil lmao

Squirrel3D
Oct 2, 2009, 11:35 AM
Another point is that just as you have the right to use off-element weapons, I have the right to boot you for doing it. Sure this is not real life here but just a video game. I can enforce any rules I want in my fake reality. If you do not like it then blacklist the person and start your own game. If no one will play with you or you have trouble keeping players in your game then perhaps you might think about why this is happening. If I join a public party and the host is having a hard time of things I might think twice about staying. Who wants to take 45 minutes finishing a run that can be done in 15?

Had to highlight the first part. There's another reason why I will avoid you. Why does it matter to you if I or someone else has an off-element weapon? What if I or others can't get say a lighting weapon for a ground-based enemy right now as one of the physical masterclasses because such S rank weapons are expensive until we get the meseta to buy one? What if we don't have the board to make one yet?

It's not right, and you come off as a...virtual facist and you only want perfection in your parties. Well I can't stop you from making your party that way, but I can prevent myself from ever running into such people like you.

Here you are expecting missions to finish "on time". You actually think that way....your not gonna get alot of success with that one. What if someone in the party has to use the bathroom for a minute? What if they are called by someone...say on the phone or in their home? Yet again that makes you come off as a facist.

I wouldn't be suprised if you booted people just for not using their mic. Well I'm one of those people who don't use a mic because it's not required in the game, and I don't want to hear a bunch of idiots talking about their dirty laundry or how much beer they dranked or whatever else that has nothing to do with the game.

That's why I join parties where the leader knows what it is doing, lets us have fun playing in our own way, and doesn't take the game too seriously like you do.

Shou
Oct 2, 2009, 11:49 AM
Why does it matter to you if I or someone else has an off-element weapon? Because that is lazy.

What if I or others can't get say a lighting weapon for a ground-based enemy right now as one of the physical masterclasses because such S rank weapons are expensive until we get the meseta to buy one? You need to check player shops. Common S ranks are cheap even when they have an ok 20-25%.

What if we don't have the board to make one yet? You find a way to buy weaker weapons first which is not hard at all. Even if you do not check the boards or play very often there are LOADS of cheap decent items and freebies.

Squirrel3D
Oct 2, 2009, 11:56 AM
Why does it matter to you if I or someone else has an off-element weapon? Because that is lazy.

And people wonder why I don't miss PSU right now. Because of 1st class bullshit like this.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Oct 2, 2009, 12:04 PM
And people wonder why I don't miss PSU right now. Because of 1st class bullshit like this.

Its not bs at all, If you cant figure out even the basic things in psu then thats your problem.

Shou
Oct 2, 2009, 12:07 PM
How is it not lazy then?

When you play chess why would you move a piece without thinking ahead or caring what will happen to the piece or one of your other pieces?

Why would you go to college without planning on studying or doing assignments or projects?

Why would you use a weapon that has the same element as the enemies you are fighting when you have access to the same/similar weapons in other elements? That means you are actually wanting to play bad.

Now tell me why somone would want to play Basketball with somone who wants to play bad on their team?

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 2, 2009, 12:23 PM

See that is the very point of this thread. We are not saying that you cannot play PSU any way you want, merely that certain players have different views on how the game should be played. I am not forcing you to play the game my way. I will, however, not play the game your way and should not have to suffer (from my perspective) because you choose to do things your way.

Again, you can play PSU any way you want, but just as you have the right to use any weapon/PA against any creature I can enforce my 'rules' when hosting a party. If you are the host I can either put up with your playing style or leave. If I am the host I can simply remove you from the party. Both sides have their own benefits and neither side is right or wrong.

Calling one person's opinion BS is ignorant. You have a choice in how you play and no one can force you to change it. If you choose to neglect the benefits of using the proper element (you made this choice for yourself) I have the right to remove you from my party (I made this choice for myself). Again, we are both playing PSU based on our own 'rules' as we see them. Neither of us is incorrect in our judgement. The difference is that you do not like it when you are excluded while I do not like it when you do not respect the basic game mechanics. Both of us have valid reasons.

The funny part is that most players already do this type of rule making without even knowing it. How many parties have you been in where they tell you not to pick up junk? Have you ever had to ask the host what their definition of junk includes? I remember picking up an Olpad and getting yelled at by the host. To me, Olpad is not junk but to him it is. I tried to tell the host that Olpad was 1/2 of a Base S but they did not care. At this point I had to decide if staying was worth my time or if I should simply leave. I decided to leave. So was the host an elitist? Was having to put us with this type of BS wrong? No and no. It was simply their choice and they have every right to enforce their rules despite how much I disagreed with them.

Now given the example above, is it correct to say that the host takes PSU too seriously? Probably not as my viewpoint is simply limited to my own playing style. If I believed that only my playing style was correct then it would make me a hypocrite in this case. Come to think of it, who said that I take PSU too seriously? Interesting.

Cracka_J
Oct 2, 2009, 01:18 PM
See that is the very point of this thread. We are not saying that you cannot play PSU any way you want, merely that certain players have different views on how the game should be played. I am not forcing you to play the game my way. I will, however, not play the game your way and should not have to suffer (from my perspective) because you choose to do things your way.

Again, you can play PSU any way you want, but just as you have the right to use any weapon/PA against any creature I can enforce my 'rules' when hosting a party. If you are the host I can either put up with your playing style or leave. If I am the host I can simply remove you from the party. Both sides have their own benefits and neither side is right or wrong.

Calling one person's opinion BS is ignorant. You have a choice in how you play and no one can force you to change it. If you choose to neglect the benefits of using the proper element (you made this choice for yourself) I have the right to remove you from my party (I made this choice for myself). Again, we are both playing PSU based on our own 'rules' as we see them. Neither of us is incorrect in our judgement. The difference is that you do not like it when you are excluded while I do not like it when you do not respect the basic game mechanics. Both of us have valid reasons.

The funny part is that most players already do this type of rule making without even knowing it. How many parties have you been in where they tell you not to pick up junk? Have you ever had to ask the host what their definition of junk includes? I remember picking up an Olpad and getting yelled at by the host. To me, Olpad is not junk but to him it is. I tried to tell the host that Olpad was 1/2 of a Base S but they did not care. At this point I had to decide if staying was worth my time or if I should simply leave. I decided to leave. So was the host an elitist? Was having to put us with this type of BS wrong? No and no. It was simply their choice and they have every right to enforce their rules despite how much I disagreed with them.

Now given the example above, is it correct to say that the host takes PSU too seriously? Probably not as my viewpoint is simply limited to my own playing style. If I believed that only my playing style was correct then it would make me a hypocrite in this case. Come to think of it, who said that I take PSU too seriously? Interesting.

Just quoting this cause you obviously put some time into it and it's 100% true & valid. Great post dude.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 2, 2009, 01:25 PM
I can't help it if my favorite weapon happens to be the same element as the monster I'm fighting. Yea I'll switch it out for something different but if it's a low percent then piss off I'm just gonna beat the thing's head in. After all I'm only delaying the inevitable. Also calm your asses down about speed running. Jesus. It's not like Splatter House were an invisible wall of hurt is slowly creeping up on you.

Phantasy Star Universe: Serious Business.

Sorry if I sound apathetic. This is just my style. Don't like it? Be a man, grow a spine and some bawls, and take it like a prison wench. If not, leave my group.

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 2, 2009, 01:37 PM
I can't help it if my favorite weapon happens to be the same element as the monster I'm fighting. Yea I'll switch it out for something different but if it's a low percent then piss off I'm just gonna beat the thing's head in. After all I'm only delaying the inevitable. Also calm your asses down about speed running. Jesus. It's not like Splatter House were an invisible wall of hurt is slowly creeping up on you.

Phantasy Star Universe: Serious Business.

Sorry if I sound apathetic. This is just my style. Don't like it? Be a man, grow a spine and some bawls, and take it like a prison wench. If not, leave my group.

Thank you for proving my point. It is players like you that make proving it so very easy.

Gibdozer
Oct 2, 2009, 02:24 PM
I can understand booting someone who's using the same element as enemies on a difficult S2/S3 mission. But booting someone for using an off-element (same damage as a neutral) is just childish, maybe they like the way it looks and could only afford one element. Perhaps some players have different priorities than dps and speed runs.

I only focus on using the proper elements during an event, or if I plan to play a single mission consecutively. Even then I will tailor my entire outfit towards the dominant elements of the mission, because aesthetics are more important to me than dps.

As long as your not getting me killed I don't care what people do or use, If elitists want to boot me because I'm to lazy to play the "right way", I'm fine with that just please B-list me first so I don't accidentally join your party again.

The_Brimada
Oct 2, 2009, 03:11 PM
Moral of the story, if you don't want to risk getting booted make you own damn party.

Though booting or not booting has nothing to do with elitism, just personal preference.

Some like speed, some don't like being criticized about going too slow/slowing the team down for being 'lazy' as Shou said.

[spoiler-box]
I personally think the word elitist is a horrible classfication when it comes to PSU. Maybe use the word troll or maybe perfectionist even? Idk, the word ellitist never has sat right in my mind.

Some people just want perfect gear. Does that make them an elitist? Hell no.

Some people like to judge other people's gear. Does that means they have great gear themselves? Not necessarily.

Let me stop before I get too off subject :x
This was spoilered for a reason
[/spoiler-box]

Shou
Oct 2, 2009, 03:11 PM
You guys do realize that I said that using the same element was lazy right. I was pointing out that it is a perfectly valid reason for someone not to want to run missions with you in PSU. I, in no way, said it is dumb to play PSU in a laid back fasion. Just do not be suprised if you get singled out or neglected because of it and you should not think anyone is "stupid" for playing PSU anything more than "casual".

Tyreek
Oct 2, 2009, 03:50 PM
In a case like this, I only have one solution. --Comments-- I could say play alone, but that was thrown around too. I'm just saying. While using proper elements are efficient, no doubt there, the game seems easy as it is. I honestly can't fully agree with the booting for such reasons. But I'm sure you'll be spared from such instances if you point that out in the comments. Then you'd have more than enough reason to boot people. Anyway, that's my take on it.

I guess it's instances like these that are why you are so divided amongst each other. *shrug*

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 2, 2009, 03:58 PM
Thank you for proving my point. It is players like you that make proving it so very easy.

Also what I forgot to add is that if I'm a guest in someone's party, I'll adhere (sp?) to the best of my ability to they're rules. After all, I don't want to be a thorn in anyone's side. But if I'm hosting...then I pretty much don't give a damn as long as everyone gets equal share of everything. Also glad to help Heiro. Oh and btw the Phantasy Star Universe: Serious Business was my stab at sarcasm. Everyone here should know that I don't take games seriously. Playing is for pleasure as they say!

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 2, 2009, 05:05 PM
Also what I forgot to add is that if I'm a guest in someone's party, I'll adhere (sp?) to the best of my ability to they're rules. After all, I don't want to be a thorn in anyone's side. But if I'm hosting...then I pretty much don't give a damn as long as everyone gets equal share of everything. Also glad to help Heiro. Oh and btw the Phantasy Star Universe: Serious Business was my stab at sarcasm. Everyone here should know that I don't take games seriously. Playing is for pleasure as they say!

For the record this would make you a hypocrite. Why, you ask? Well you are on record saying that you would rather use your favorite weapon even if it is the same element as the enemies. When you do this you take a damage penalty. When you take a damage penalty you are doing less damage and others have to make up for your choice. In a nutshell, this means that you are doing less work than everyone else so why do you deserve an equal share? Again, thank you for proving my point.

Are you really that selfish that you would rather use your favorite weapon than one that would be appropriate for the mission? I am not asking you to use a 50% 10/10 weapon here but simply one that is the proper element for striking or just not the same element for bullets/technics. This is a choice that you make every time you play. (If all of your other bullet/ranged PAs are capped or ahead of the same element PA then I will make an exception.)

Again, you can play any way you want, I just reserve the right to remove players that don't do their fair share in my party. I mean why do you deserve an equal share of the drops if you are not doing an equal amount of the work?

Noblewine
Oct 2, 2009, 06:32 PM
Welcome Noblewine, nice to see more people sharing pallets.

Its no problem I appreciate the advice. I bought an Okanoh and Ank Dedda. I don't upgrade much since my luck is horrible.

Gibdozer
Oct 2, 2009, 07:48 PM
You guys do realize that I said that using the same element was lazy right. I was pointing out that it is a perfectly valid reason for someone not to want to run missions with you in PSU. I, in no way, said it is dumb to play PSU in a laid back fasion. Just do not be suprised if you get singled out or neglected because of it and you should not think anyone is "stupid" for playing PSU anything more than "casual".

I don't think casual is a very accurate description of any gamer as it implies apathy. The appropriate word is pastime, and yes unless your being paid to play games taking a professional gamer stance is stupid.

Sorry if that offends you, but it is the absolute truth. You think its okay to single people out for the manner in which they enjoy their free time. If someone doesn't play the game to your standards, they are lazy and unworthy of courtesy.

What's really mind boggling is the conclusion that people who don't meet your businesslike standard for video game play are labeled lazy.

Lazy- averse or disinclined to work, activity, or exertion, slothful(sounds like an elite gamer to me). You might try to argue that PSU is mental exertion, but that's just a bullshit justification(we're not curing cancer here just passing time). In fact the elitist are probably far lazier in real life than the epic fail players they pwn on a regular basis!

Shou
Oct 2, 2009, 08:21 PM
I don't think casual is a very accurate description of any gamer as it implies apathy. I don't either, that is why I put it in quotes. A lot of people know what I am talking about when I say "casual" so I used that word. Not everyone, but many.

and yes unless your being paid to play games taking a professional gamer stance is stupid. No, it is not stupid, it would maybe just give me better credentials as a gamer.

Sorry if that offends you, but it is the absolute truth. You think its okay to single people out for the manner in which they enjoy their free time. If someone doesn't play the game to your standards, they are lazy and unworthy of courtesy. LOL, when did I say what I think about the way others play? Where? Tell me.

What's really mind boggling is the conclusion that people who don't meet your businesslike standard for video game play are labeled lazy. Excuse me, I never said that the player was lazy. Anything that someone does not do to achieve a goal to the best of their ability can be labeled as lazy. The point at which one would use "lazy" to sescribe somthing is totally realative to the person judging the situation. (in the eye of the beholder).

Again, I never listed any opinions or standards to which I want others to play so I have no idea what you are talking about when you say that they are businesslike.

Lazy- averse or disinclined to work, activity, or exertion, slothful(sounds like an elite gamer to me). You might try to argue that PSU is mental exertion, but that's just a bullshit justification(we're not curing cancer here just passing time). In fact the elitist are probably far lazier in real life than the epic fail players they pwn on a regular basis! Doing anything, even breathing, can be described as lazy. I used it in the form of an adverb.

Again, I did NOT post my personal opinion on the way I think people should play because I don't have one. I was only trying to explain to others that if you play the game more laid-back or lazily compared to the way someone else is, and you are working together toward a common goal, can cause tension and maybe enough to say or do somthing about it.

Your post was not well thought out because you put words into my mouth and you assumed what my opinion was. (just to let you know, "Your post was not well thought out", is an opinion and, "because you put words into my mouth and you assumed what my opinion was" is a fact.)

unicorn
Oct 2, 2009, 09:25 PM
With such a low population, we shouldn't really be picky with who we play with.

Its an online game, and part of the package is dealing with other people's shortcomings. I agree that someone who is paying, you should kinda have the right to play in the way you want, but I think its only polite to think about other players a little bit. Otherwise just play offline and hack it or play PSP and PSP2 when it comes out.

Really, most 'elitists' I've seen tend to keep to themselves and don't really play with the majority of the population, which is similar to play offline anyway.

I dunno...I just think in a game with such a bad population, we should be trying to come together more, than to separate. Part of the reason most people quit is because there is NO ONE to play with.

You shouldn't be forced to play with just ANYONE....but I dont get why some players only feel like they can play with *THE BEST* players.

Maelstrom 180
Oct 2, 2009, 09:30 PM
Shou, you said that using incorrect elements is lazy, thereby saying their gameplay choice of not spending money on, or selecting correct elements is lazy. In addition you didnt bother using the quote function on that post dispite your copy and paste of the entire post, sounds lazy too.

Now for your counter points. For someone who plays the game for fun, why would "credentials as a gamer" matter to you? Even unliked players get parties.

And saying someone using the wrong elements in a game is lazy again is an opinion of their playstyle. If you want me to get the quote bubble, i can break out the quote bubble.

And you know i think someone using same element doesnt make them lazy at all because more often than not they are doing MORE work to achieve the same result, being killing the monster, ive never seen someone using the same element slowing my party to the point ANYWHERE that i actually noticed or gave any care to it at all. The only thing ive seen slowing me down is a player complaining another player is using the wrong element when they could be attacking with their correct element. That and players using a LV 1 photon art the entire mission but then i understand that and use it to my advantage, players with jabroga, if i can i position myself so they knock an enemy into my shotgun hit even if they didnt 1-hit it cause their axe or jabroga is not strong enough.

And correct me if im wrong but describing using those wrong elements as lazy is negative? Your OPINION is you are against it, meaning you FEEL players SHOULD use propper elements.

Your post was well though out but misdirected and full of contradictions. This thread is not ment for Competative debate, theres no winner or loser here, and i will kindly ask that You Shou, Hiero, and any other people trying to state that elitests arent one thing or another, just please drop it and move on, this thread was never about that so please just let the argument about lazyness and elitist definitions die. If you want to hear it, you win, you drove a argument to the point where i dont care, i dont want to just be rude but if you both continue i will add you to my forum ignore list, because i just dont feel you are contributing positively to this thread..

Keilyn
Oct 2, 2009, 10:18 PM
How about something more critical...

Any Gunner or Techer knows that Element Damage is not everything and they depend day in and day out on their SEs. They stack DoT with element weakness most of the time.

Gunners without Burning Shot or Dark Shot....Those two are just very critical to have as one. Not to mention Techers who use Nosdiga not because its ground but because it stops large targets and has a stun effect.

Hiero-Glyph's staments truly prove inexperience on his part...

Arika
Oct 2, 2009, 10:19 PM
wow, I never expect this thread would last this long :o

Shou
Oct 2, 2009, 10:29 PM
Shou, you said that using incorrect elements is lazy, thereby saying their gameplay choice of not spending money on, or selecting correct elements is lazy. In addition you didnt bother using the quote function on that post dispite your copy and paste of the entire post, sounds lazy too. I was assuming the person has access to all elements of the weapons they are using. If that is true, then the person who is purposely using any element that would not maximize damage was being lazy. HOW lazy is an opinion and one that I never stated. I was trying to explain to someone that playing lazily is a legitament and logical reason for someone to say or do somthing about it.

Lol about the last sentence. The forum systems do not recognize italics as writing anything and wouldn't let me post my reply without using un-italisized letters.

Now for your counter points. For someone who plays the game for fun, why would "credentials as a gamer" matter to you? Even unliked players get parties. It doesn't matter to me at all.

And you know i think someone using same element doesnt make them lazy at all because more often than not they are doing MORE work to achieve the same result, being killing the monster, ive never seen someone using the same element slowing my party to the point ANYWHERE that i actually noticed or gave any care to it at all. The only thing ive seen slowing me down is a player complaining another player is using the wrong element when they could be attacking with their correct element. That and players using a LV 1 photon art the entire mission but then i understand that and use it to my advantage, players with jabroga, if i can i position myself so they knock an enemy into my shotgun hit even if they didnt 1-hit it cause their axe or jabroga is not strong enough. Ok, if you are going to go there by saying making your task harder on yourself is not lazy than I can say that the player is being lazy because he/she is not trying to complete the mission to the best of their ability or knowle is lazy. (assuming of course that the person knows how elements work in PSU)

And correct me if im wrong but describing using those wrong elements as lazy is negative? Your OPINION is you are against it, meaning you FEEL players SHOULD use propper elements. Lazy is negative? I do not know what definition of lazy you are referring to.

Your post was well though out but misdirected and full of contradictions. This thread is not ment for Competative debate, theres no winner or loser here, and i will kindly ask that You Shou, Hiero, and any other people trying to state that elitests arent one thing or another, just please drop it and move on, this thread was never about that so please just let the argument about lazyness and elitist definitions die. If you want to hear it, you win, you drove a argument to the point where i dont care, i dont want to just be rude but if you both continue i will add you to my forum ignore list, because i just dont feel you are contributing positively to this thread..

Hold on! You are going to block some people out of your thread because you do not like what they posted? I assure you that our posts were on topic or about a reply about said post. Also if I think that someone misread my post or were shoving words in my mouth and telling me what my opinions are when I never stated them in the first place, I shouldn't post a reply to at least defend myself?

It sounds like a few people want me to state my opinion about this and I will. I think that everyone should play PSU however they feel. I do not care how someone plays or what they have equiped whatsoever unless I am hunting something which is hardly ever and I always solo when I am hunting for somthing anyway. I would never form an opinion of someone by the way the play PSU. That is just stupid. With all that said, playing lazily is still a perfectly reasonable reason for someone to say or do something about it.

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 2, 2009, 10:32 PM
If you want to hear it, you win, you drove a argument to the point where i dont care, i dont want to just be rude but if you both continue i will add you to my forum ignore list, because i just dont feel you are contributing positively to this thread..

How do you positively contribute to a thread that is based on a stereotype about a type of player (elitist) that cannot even be properly defined? As super_luu stated, "most 'elitists' I've seen tend to keep to themselves and don't really play with the majority of the population."

Again, everyone has the right to play PSU how they want. Just let the 'elitists' play the game how they want while you play PSU the way you want. Problem solved.

Ceresa
Oct 2, 2009, 10:37 PM

Any Gunner or Techer knows that Element Damage is not everything and they depend day in and day out on their SEs. They stack DoT with element weakness most of the time.

Gunners without Burning Shot or Dark Shot....Those two are just very critical to have as one. Not to mention Techers who use Nosdiga not because its ground but because it stops large targets and has a stun effect.

Any gunner or techer worth a damn can kill packs of enemies in under 10 seconds, long before any status effect will matter.

And techers use nosdiga because it's their strongest single target attack, the stun is trash.

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 2, 2009, 10:42 PM

I take special consideration to posters that cannot properly read.

I specifically noted that striking weapons should not be of the same element and included bullets/technics in a different category. Here let me quote it for you:

I am not asking you to use a 50% 10/10 weapon here but simply one that is the proper element for striking or just not the same element for bullets/technics. ... (If all of your other bullet/ranged PAs are capped or ahead of the same element PA then I will make an exception.)

So much for that whole inexperience point.

Also, if you want to lay a status effect, traps are much more effective than trying to lay one from bullets/technics. The only exception to this would be Incapacitate as no trap can duplicate this status effect.

If you are going to try and prove me wrong, at least read my posts.

EDIT: Thanks for the support Ceresa. I was going to comment on technics thing but didn't want to explain the DPS of Diga/Nosdiga in detail. What's worse is that you have to include the weapon type as Rods have a huge impact on Nosdiga while TCSMs greatly effect Diga.

Squirrel3D
Oct 2, 2009, 11:02 PM
I don't think casual is a very accurate description of any gamer as it implies apathy. The appropriate word is pastime, and yes unless your being paid to play games taking a professional gamer stance is stupid.

Sorry if that offends you, but it is the absolute truth. You think its okay to single people out for the manner in which they enjoy their free time. If someone doesn't play the game to your standards, they are lazy and unworthy of courtesy.

What's really mind boggling is the conclusion that people who don't meet your businesslike standard for video game play are labeled lazy.

Lazy- averse or disinclined to work, activity, or exertion, slothful(sounds like an elite gamer to me). You might try to argue that PSU is mental exertion, but that's just a bullshit justification(we're not curing cancer here just passing time). In fact the elitist are probably far lazier in real life than the epic fail players they pwn on a regular basis!

Shou, you said that using incorrect elements is lazy, thereby saying their gameplay choice of not spending money on, or selecting correct elements is lazy. In addition you didnt bother using the quote function on that post dispite your copy and paste of the entire post, sounds lazy too.

Now for your counter points. For someone who plays the game for fun, why would "credentials as a gamer" matter to you? Even unliked players get parties.

And saying someone using the wrong elements in a game is lazy again is an opinion of their playstyle. If you want me to get the quote bubble, i can break out the quote bubble.

And you know i think someone using same element doesnt make them lazy at all because more often than not they are doing MORE work to achieve the same result, being killing the monster, ive never seen someone using the same element slowing my party to the point ANYWHERE that i actually noticed or gave any care to it at all. The only thing ive seen slowing me down is a player complaining another player is using the wrong element when they could be attacking with their correct element. That and players using a LV 1 photon art the entire mission but then i understand that and use it to my advantage, players with jabroga, if i can i position myself so they knock an enemy into my shotgun hit even if they didnt 1-hit it cause their axe or jabroga is not strong enough.

And correct me if im wrong but describing using those wrong elements as lazy is negative? Your OPINION is you are against it, meaning you FEEL players SHOULD use propper elements.

After reading these two posts, now I understand why people are qutting PSU and why I don't miss the game right now (besides my Xbox 360 is out of action and I won't get it back for another week).

When you have people like Shou and their too-serious approch to the game and how they run parties expecting you to play exactly the way they do, it's easy to see that the online population in PSU is dropping dangeriously low.

And thanks to this entire thread, I know now who to avoid and who to start playing with once I get my Xbox 360 back in the mail. It's one thing to not know how to play the game itself, but BS like being booted for using a non-elemental weapon.....that makes you an elitest in my book.

I'm not gonna respond anymore....*moves on to other topics*

Shou
Oct 2, 2009, 11:15 PM
After reading these two posts, now I understand why people are qutting PSU and why I don't miss the game right now (besides my Xbox 360 is out of action and I won't get it back for another week).

When you have people like Shou and their too-serious approch to the game and how they run parties expecting you to play exactly the way they do, it's easy to see that the online population in PSU is dropping dangeriously low.

And thanks to this entire thread, I know now who to avoid and who to start playing with once I get my Xbox 360 back in the mail. It's one thing to not know how to play the game itself, but BS like being booted for using a non-elemental weapon.....that makes you an elitest in my book.

Just lol. You did not even read my post did you? Thanks for shoving my mouth full of words and assuming what I am like. Guess I need to cut out the part that disproves what you just said about me.

"I think that everyone should play PSU however they feel. I do not care how someone plays or what they have equiped whatsoever unless I am hunting something which is hardly ever and I always solo when I am hunting for somthing anyway. I would never form an opinion of someone by the way the play PSU. That is just stupid. With all that said, playing lazily is still a perfectly reasonable reason for someone to say or do something about it."

Oh and by the by, people like me is not the reason PSU is dieing. To sum it up it's Guardians Cash, lack of updates, and the PSU support team. I have never heard anyone talk smack about me in PSU and I like to think that I am incredibly friendly and know full well that PSU is an online game and nothing more.

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 2, 2009, 11:16 PM

1. If a player is a true elitist then they almost never play with randoms.
2. An elitist can solo a run faster than most random parties can finish the same run.
3. An elitist spends their efforts maximizing their gains and will not waste time appeasing your playing style.
4. Elitists have other elitist friends and enjoy their company above all others.
5. Saying that you will avoid an elitist is a laughable threat as they would never play with you in the first place.
6. Blaming the elitists for SEGA's mistakes is 100% ignorant.
7. Squirrel3D not missing PSU is the reason why the game is failing as many others feel the same way.
8. If you are going to ignore a topic, just ignore it. Making a big deal about ignoring something is just a cry for attention.

Maelstrom 180
Oct 2, 2009, 11:20 PM
alright i asked politely for you both to get on topic of sharing experiances and pallets and being united, instead you isolate players, quote them and pick them apart, i cant kick you from the thread but i myself will no longer be reading either of your posts. I dont care anymore if you want to bastardize the meaning of this topic by making people here look like theyre bad for disliking playing with equipment nazis, i just dont care anymore so i am adding Shou and Hiero to my ignore list, as of so far i have found no contribuion from either of your posts, just that you select a person and try to attack them into making them feel like their wrong, so im done, if you want to reply go ahead, dont expect another reply from me.

Shou
Oct 2, 2009, 11:32 PM
Excuse me, you and a few others quoted Heiro and I just as we quoted them and replied to the things we/they said. Why arrent you asking them to leave? How are their posts not "ruining" your thread?

And I had no idea that quoting someone is "attacking" someone. I'm not picking on anyone but when someone misdirects, misreads, and twists my posts around, if I feel like, I will defend myself.

The_Brimada
Oct 2, 2009, 11:41 PM
How do you positively contribute to a thread that is based on a stereotype about a type of player (elitist) that cannot even be properly defined? As super_luu stated, "most 'elitists' I've seen tend to keep to themselves and don't really play with the majority of the population."

Again, everyone has the right to play PSU how they want. Just let the 'elitists' play the game how they want while you play PSU the way you want. Problem solved.

I agree.

Okay time for me to share stories! - like the topic title says(but the topic title also says elitest which is NOT even a real word its elitist people! I'm not the best speller/grammar user when it comes to posting whatsoever but it really irks me when someone is trying to define a word they can't even spell correctly. Don't know why but that really is irritating me every time I see someone use it x.x

I rarely buy items because I'm normally broke as a joke, but get lucky in shop sometimes!

I once knew someone who I played with quite often at one point. By some of these people's opinions in this thread she would be classified as an "elitist". She made all items by herself. She grinded items all by herself. Most of the time she even played by herself. She didn't want a shop because she wanted nothing to do with "haxeta". She would strive hard to level her bullets. Honestly, she was one of the best damn players I ever played with in this game.

My point. Well she poked fun at some things I did (playing as a Guntecher for one). Doesn't mean she was being anal. She wasn't. Thing is a lot of people see "elitist" as people with nearly flawless PAs/Weaponry when they are belittling anyone with a lesser palette or because they are unknowingly ignorant when it comes to some of the elements in the game (damage calculations I'm looking at you).

Next part is spoiler boxed because it may be waning a bit too off topic so if you read it and don't like it. It's your own fault.

[spoiler]Doesn't it ever occur to anyone that they may just be kidding around when these people make comments about your pallet? Or maybe even trying to encourage you to do better in the longer run (or draw in more competition for themselves via rivalry :o). Sure if you don't care about having a better palette that's on you, you don't have to. Someone can still encourage it if they wanted to though just like you have the right to ignore them.

I'm pretty sure if someone looked at your palette and made comments about your percents/grinds being low then you turn around and look at their palette and its worse than yours(yes, I've had this happen), you'd call them a noob. However if it were better (tada) "elitist".
[/spoiler-box]
Alrighty then my palette:
For Beast Guntecher(which is frowned upon for some)

6/10 Stec Cannon
3/5 Cubo Simba and 0/10 Bajura
4/9 Germinus Ganuc and 0/10 Tesbra
6/9 Nasuyoteri (swap out for a rifle depending on mission for burning/dark/killer shot)
9/9 Van Brella
0/10 ice or elec elsral and Random 9* dagger / Al tip/c or even rappy tip (if I'm in a playful mood)

I'll throw in an 8/9 shato and 10/10 majirma if I'm the main supporter in place of the bow

Only thing maxed on my GT currently is my support and a few shotties and dagger if you really want to count that as something >_>. My lasers are only 11+ except for burning prism which is 21+

Some weps are okay, but most are far from perfect on an already imperfect class. Yep.

Not going to get into armor too much but units are

- Har / Quick
- LKK(trying to get LPC)
- Resist unit
- Hize/PP Generate

Tyreek
Oct 2, 2009, 11:45 PM
Well, that's one way to go back on topic Brimada lol.

And I might as well post my MF palette for laughs. These are all 0/10. Poke at it if you want, I don't care.

Okarod
Okarod
Kazarodoc
Uransara/Delpi
Uransara/Delpi
Uransarac/Pushan

And of course my defensive setup is

Serafi-Senba 26% Dark with:
Orpa/Mind
Sleep/Resist
Te/PP Generate.

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 3, 2009, 12:37 AM
Well since I am apparently an elitist then let me post my amazing weapons and PAs.

First, every single ranged PA is capped with the following exceptions:
Handguns are 21-5; Cards are 21-30 (these will all be 40 very soon), Longbow ultimates are 21; Laser Cannon ultimates are 21; Rifle ultimates are 42-3; Barada Chamga is 28. My technics are all 21-30 and the greater majority are 30. My striking is mostly 21+ but as I play mostly gunner types these are the most neglected.

I would list all of my weapons but that would take a very long time. Every A-rank weapon I have that is ranged/technic is 10/10. My A-rank striking weapons are all 46-50%. For S-ranks I have multiple 10/10 rifles including multiple Mizurakihohs and Rattlesnakes along with a 10/10 Promoto Rifle. For Shotguns I have two 10/10 Pakudacs and a single 10/10 Pakuda. My Laser Cannons are horrible and I only have a single 10/10 Promoto Cannon currently (still collecting additional Adahna Units). I do not use Twins. My longbow is a 10/10 Nasuyoteri. My crossbows are two 10/10 Tumas. And I am sure that I am forgetting countless other items including armors, units, 0/10 weapons, etc. although I can continue if anyone cares (I know I don't).

Do you understand how pointless this entire concept of listing weapons truly is? Why do I care how much I can brag about this list of virtual junk that I have collected while playing PSU? Seriously the OP has some serious problems if they want to validate themselves by comparing everyone's equipment to their own. It is no wonder that they started an entire thread crying over others mocking them if they are this insecure.

The best part is that I have some of the worst equipment of the players that I run with normally. For the record, I would not even consider myself an elitist. I do however have a basic understanding of PSU and know how to maximize my effort. Let's just say that I didn't get all this junk by using the same element weapons against enemies (unless my intention was to level PAs of course).

How's that for posting what the OP requested? [/rant]

EDIT: And if you ever want to run with me then just use common sense and play to the best of your ability. I am not asking for 10/10's or 50% equipment, just do the best you can and use the correct element whenever possible. Heck, it wasn't that long ago that I was using a Halp on every mission or struggling to get my rifles to 31. I don't mind helping players out either, just respect my wishes and don't make me babysit you because you choose to play like a n00b. Is that really too much to ask for some players?

Keilyn
Oct 3, 2009, 01:22 AM
Today two friends who are also in my group wanted to raise two new characters. I had told them the best thing to do in this event is raise as many of your characters to 100. Egg thieves always exists for Type Leveling and PA leveling can be done outside the event....This is more of an EXP event.

I told them we would go through the bot path, so to take Force as a type and bring a wand and tcsm combination with three techs:

One Debuff ( each to have a different debuff to know when both hit)
One Attack Tech
Resta

In a Synchronized Fashion we would go through every spawn being hit with both Debuffs and then myself wiping out the spawn. In a short time I managed to help them get to 35 and we'll see how far they get tomorrow. ^_^

I've used this event so far to help friends raise their characters to 100 so we arent so restricted outside of events. I have also been training several players who are interested in being Techers in the way of techs :P and helping them with equipment.

Ellea
Oct 3, 2009, 05:08 AM
Christ. I thought this was a thread about elitists who look down upon others for their equipment, PA's, etc... Looks as though it's turned into something totally different. D:

Personally, I could care less what your weapons, your PA's, and your armor look like. Whatever suits your style. It kinda seems like people here are assuming people are 'ignorant' elitists just because they have high % weapons. Perhaps we should focus less on saying things, and making accusations willy nilly and more on the fact that the topic was more towards the attitude of entitlement, or superiority based on these things.

Whatever tickles your pickle, though.

redroses
Oct 3, 2009, 05:23 AM
I personally never had any problems with elitist. Actually I don't think I have ever met one. I met a lot of players with insane good pallets, but none of them were like elitists. So maybe I just got lucky?

I also never had anybody say anything about my characters* or wanting to leave the party after a run with me. Usually when I am in a group I am the first to leave(because I am just not able to play video games over a long time, but all I need sometimes is really a 10min. break and I am fine again).

*Two of my characters a lot of people would consider garbage/or not good or whatever. One being a Female Newman Fighgunner/Protranser/Fortefighter and the other one is a Female Cast Masterforce.
I choose these characters just because I liked the combination, and I still remember when PSU came out I was so happy that Cast could tech, but they were horrible at it and everybody went newman(I did too at first), but I redecided and I am happy with my decisions.
Of course, I will do my best in a party with this characters because I know they have their downsides, especially the Cast Masterforce. So when I am in parties I always try to use the right elements with her, depending on the situation, always got my Paradi with me and always try to run to people who are statused. I think little things like this can help a party out too, even when you are not the best race type combo.

With my Newman, I am not so strict when it comes to using the right element. Already because it is so annoying to take so much equipment with me. I usually carr ydark and light weps and then still two random elements with me. To be honest, I mostly have dark and light weps because I think they look the best :C But overall it is not that bad, and often it is anyway the PA that does the most damage. Even with her my PAs are very strong. But like said, I do try to use the right elements if I can, but with events like this, I really don't want to take every element from so many different weapons with me. The Dark and Light plus two other random elements worked very good. I also try to keep my elements over 30% because those ar most of the time still easy to get.

Ok, now I will still post my pallets XD
I will be honest, it won't the best weapons in there, because I just like to take the weapons that I like the looks from :C

For Peorth my Newman Fighgunner:
Sweetdeath :dark: 32%
Sweetdeath :light: 34%
Dagger of Serafi :fire: 28%
Grand Cross :dark: 34%
Grand Cross :lightning: 26%
Yurasogi / Fuma Hiken :various elements:
Twin Ruby Bullet

For Chrono my Cast Masterforce: (not sure about the grinds)
Psychowand
Pushan / Bajura
Pushan / Bajura
Pushan / Uransara
Delpi / Uransara
Kazarod

Maelstrom 180
Oct 3, 2009, 06:15 AM
Welcome Amai! Good to have more people on here! Gotta say i already like how you think, Running a Crossbow on a fighgunner, i was starting to think almost nobody did that. Anyway i can understand the 2 element choice, cause in theory you can avoid using same element on any enemy (excluding neutral but thats sorta a given) But yeah if light appears you can use dark, though i wont lie, ive purposfully used light on light many a time. And at the same time if dark comes you use light, anything else is fair game, i like that logic, sure you arent matching all the time but unlike me, not everyone carrys around 3+ pallets worth of weapons (i like to have backup weapons when leveling skills or for whatever reason) Anyway i digress, just wish some more of you fine people were 360 side so i could do some runs with ya!

Oh and for other people considering ignoring users on here, it is actually nice, it just puts the ignored person's posts in a little line in succession saying "this message is hidden because the user is being ignored, click here to remove them from the ignore list" and another little button above that saying view post, havent bothered clicking either though. Oh and if you two can still see my messages, you know how some people say "just blacklist them and move on" right? well thats what i did here so if youre still all mad or badmouthing me behind my back thats pretty sad, move on. Not saying you are but figured id just say that anyway.

Keilyn
Oct 3, 2009, 08:29 AM
Its nice.

Phantasy Star Universe and Phantasy Star Online has a peculiar crowd. I've played many games to the point that I've used Ignore List and Blacklist more playing PSU than in all my other online game combined in a ten year period.

In four years playing Guild Wars, I've only added five people to my ignore list....While I have three pages of Blacklist in PSU. Sure, people can tell me "Its a small population and you shouldn't blist or ignore anyone"

To those I say

"Sure, its true if I actually depended on you....But since you can Solo or Duo most runs or just run with a small group of friends, that doesn't fly. Its not like an MMORPG where if too little players exist in the server the game becomes unplayable....

...and PSU isn't the only game in the world and although its a nice game...The fact remains that it has under 55,000 subscribers (in the PS2/PC servers) in a 3 year period, most who are gone while most of the ones that still do play only do so during events. Not to mention many players have a second account so that number drops even further on the actual playercount.

What keeps the game alive is that you don't need many people to play or exist to have a good time in the game.

That's the reality of it all. ^_^

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 3, 2009, 10:09 PM
Its nice.

Phantasy Star Universe and Phantasy Star Online has a peculiar crowd. I've played many games to the point that I've used Ignore List and Blacklist more playing PSU than in all my other online game combined in a ten year period.

In four years playing Guild Wars, I've only added five people to my ignore list....While I have three pages of Blacklist in PSU. Sure, people can tell me "Its a small population and you shouldn't blist or ignore anyone"

To those I say

"Sure, its true if I actually depended on you....But since you can Solo or Duo most runs or just run with a small group of friends, that doesn't fly. Its not like an MMORPG where if too little players exist in the server the game becomes unplayable....

...and PSU isn't the only game in the world and although its a nice game...The fact remains that it has under 55,000 subscribers (in the PS2/PC servers) in a 3 year period, most who are gone while most of the ones that still do play only do so during events. Not to mention many players have a second account so that number drops even further on the actual playercount.

What keeps the game alive is that you don't need many people to play or exist to have a good time in the game.

That's the reality of it all. ^_^

Hey Keilyn, you should check out this thread: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=299476

Apparently you are not as friendly as you claim; good thing the blacklist works both ways.

Delete
Oct 4, 2009, 05:16 AM
Do you understand how pointless this entire concept of listing weapons truly is? Why do I care how much I can brag about this list of virtual junk that I have collected while playing PSU? Seriously the OP has some serious problems if they want to validate themselves by comparing everyone's equipment to their own. It is no wonder that they started an entire thread crying over others mocking them if they are this insecure.

How exactly does he have serious problems? He wasn't saying people who have good stuff sucks or nothing if that's what you thought. I think it was for people to not give him shit for what weapons he's using. It is true like you said before that you can boot people like him for whatever reason you want, and I can't change that. All I can do is be party leader myself and invite people to my party where they don't have to worry about getting booted for little things like wrong elements and such.

PS:
Now before i am flamed, i RESPECT those with 50% 10/10 weapons, and those using those

That is proof that he wasn't being an ass or crying about 50%'s and 10/10 crap.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 4, 2009, 05:29 AM
My 2 cents:

Yeah, you're going to run into "elitist" players every now and then, but my experience is that the people who are really out to get under your skin are going to try it regardless of whether they have all 10/10s or not.

I'd also say that sometimes people get defensive when a comment about one's palette gets misunderstood. Being told that you've got the wrong elements (say, ones that match that of the enemies in a mission) isn't the same as being told that your palette sucks and that you, by extension, suck.

Volcompat321
Oct 4, 2009, 09:53 AM
I was avoiding this thread, but for no real reason.

To be honest, I couldn't care less what someone else has on their palettes.
You could have all neutral 0/0 weps for all I care.
Shit, you can have the same element wep as the enemy.
You could use the same element shotgun PA as the enemy. Most likely it's because the person is trying to level that PA. I just let em!

No sense in getting all worked up for a normal run.
If you make a party, and go in knowing you want a fast run, let people know by putting "Speed Runs" or something.

Even then, if they can at least keep up with me, let em use whatever they prefer.

zether2003
Oct 4, 2009, 11:05 AM
I'm *far* from being elitist or caring about maximizing my damage to the highest singles digit I can. Honestly that kind of scrutinizing just isn't fun.

For illustration purposes, my best weapon is a 28% Ice 5/10 Double Agito. <_<

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 4, 2009, 12:02 PM
How exactly does he have serious problems? He wasn't saying people who have good stuff sucks or nothing if that's what you thought. I think it was for people to not give him shit for what weapons he's using. It is true like you said before that you can boot people like him for whatever reason you want, and I can't change that. All I can do is be party leader myself and invite people to my party where they don't have to worry about getting booted for little things like wrong elements and such.

PS:

That is proof that he wasn't being an ass or crying about 50%'s and 10/10 crap.

For one thing I proved many points in this thread but the OP was not willing to hear them. Instead they felt that my opinions were unwarranted and ignored me because they did not agree with them. How is that for being accepting of others? Their actions remind of the very 'elitists' that they are complaining about.

Also, words prove nothing. Take Keilyn as an example as there is a thread on the official forums saying how much of an attitude problem they have. Funny how the OP respects players with 50% and 10/10 weapons yet I have those very things. The OP is simply saying things for your benefit, they really do not respect players based on their equipment and have proven as much already.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 4, 2009, 12:55 PM
Most of my junk was 0/10. Does that make me a bad player? Noooo, but my excuse is that I don't want to waste grinders on a weapon that could be easily shadowed by something better (*cough*fullygrindedAgitoRepca*cough*)

Ruru
Oct 4, 2009, 03:40 PM
you could probably consider me an elitist but not in the sense of the OP's original post.

i couldn't care less about other players palettes, what junk you have or dont have doesn't concern me in the slightest. where i become an elitist is when you have a character at current cap and seem to have no idea how to play the game.

most of the time this doesnt really matter since i only ever solo or play with one to three close friends, and i honestly dont care how my friends play since they're my friends and any help from them is welcome.

i'm not going to kick people for how they play dont get me wrong there. but if some random person joins me and they suck i'll usually end up leaving the party after the run and hopping on to a different universe.

as far as my weapons and palette goes. i dont really care about grinds as much as i should since, for most weapons, grinds arent a HUGE deal (this isn't the case for some things like agito repca, but for most non kubara weapons grinds really dont help) most of my weapons are pretty high % on my fighter types, and they're usually grinded to 3-5/10.

on my MF i have 6 psycho wands. five are 4/10 one is 6/9 . i have 9 pushans all 4/10. i dont really plan on taking them to 10/10 since my luck with grinding isn't very good.

xBULLYDOGG
Oct 4, 2009, 03:43 PM
Ok pick me up on anything if I'm wrong, which I shouldn't be as this is a pure opinion but...
I play this game for fun. Fun, for me, on this game, is to play it how I would like, like everyone else. Ok this is pure example. I have many 40%'s, a lot of meseta and frankly I don't care what people use. I enjoy having a lot of meseta on the game, and many 40's as that's the way I like to play, this is my enjoyment. And I'm sure that some people with broken down weapons and small sums of IN GAME cash enjoy what they have and they don't care for stonger weapons. Going with the flow, they play for fun like me. No I don't credit my self as an "elitist" even though some may and if they do, good for them. If I have someone asking me for help in a mission, I will check their gear, and if it's for example 2/2 10% blah blah I'm not gonna say he/she sucks, or fails or whatever I'll say ok lets go. I'll help them and if we become good friends I'll dam well in hell build em up to how they want to be. If they want similar stiff to me, I'll help em get it. I don't mock people with weaker get ups, I let them do their s**t and get on with it, just how I feel they should act to me aswell.

If anyone picks you up because you have worse gear then them SCREW EM!
If anyone picks up people because of their gear CURSE YOU!

As said I play seriously, that's how I enjoy my gaming time.
You play how you play, good luck.

-Pops cool down pill-

Delete
Oct 4, 2009, 08:36 PM
For one thing I proved many points in this thread but the OP was not willing to hear them. Instead they felt that my opinions were unwarranted and ignored me because they did not agree with them. How is that for being accepting of others? Their actions remind of the very 'elitists' that they are complaining about.

Also, words prove nothing. Take Keilyn as an example as there is a thread on the official forums saying how much of an attitude problem they have. Funny how the OP respects players with 50% and 10/10 weapons yet I have those very things. The OP is simply saying things for your benefit, they really do not respect players based on their equipment and have proven as much already.

I'm not saying you didn't prove your points, I was just a little bit upset with the whole "Boot" thing.
But about Keilyn, I don't think anyone is really gonna care about that tbh. They are not being an ass on these forums so I don't see why we should have a problem with him. Also, how do ya know it's the same Keilyn ? I'm pretty sure there is more then one ^^

Ok pick me up on anything if I'm wrong, which I shouldn't be as this is a pure opinion but...
I play this game for fun. Fun, for me, on this game, is to play it how I would like, like everyone else. Ok this is pure example. I have many 40%'s, a lot of meseta and frankly I don't care what people use. I enjoy having a lot of meseta on the game, and many 40's as that's the way I like to play, this is my enjoyment. And I'm sure that some people with broken down weapons and small sums of IN GAME cash enjoy what they have and they don't care for stonger weapons. Going with the flow, they play for fun like me. No I don't credit my self as an "elitist" even though some may and if they do, good for them. If I have someone asking me for help in a mission, I will check their gear, and if it's for example 2/2 10% blah blah I'm not gonna say he/she sucks, or fails or whatever I'll say ok lets go. I'll help them and if we become good friends I'll dam well in hell build em up to how they want to be. If they want similar stiff to me, I'll help em get it. I don't mock people with weaker get ups, I let them do their s**t and get on with it, just how I feel they should act to me aswell.

If anyone picks you up because you have worse gear then them SCREW EM!
If anyone picks up people because of their gear CURSE YOU!

As said I play seriously, that's how I enjoy my gaming time.
You play how you play, good luck.

-Pops cool down pill-

I agree with ya Bully. When I am doing an S2 run or event, I don't go around looking for people with 50% 10/10 weapons or 10/10 Spread Needles, I invite whoever comes to me when I spam "S2 Runs W4I"
If they happen to be using a 1/1 7 % Agito Repca, then oh well. Is the mission gonna take longer to do? Possibly, but with a 4-6 man party, stuff dies so fast anyway.

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 4, 2009, 10:05 PM
I'm not saying you didn't prove your points, I was just a little bit upset with the whole "Boot" thing.

I honestly don't boot very many players but I have the right to do so if I wish. Normally I give warnings if a player is bothering me and only boot if they will not change their playing style (scatter n00bs drive me crazy!). But again, I have the right to do whatever I want if I am hosting a game. To be honest I rarely play with randoms so chances are that you will only see me when I am leveling PAs.

My new tactic is to type 'Vote to kick [player name]' when in public parties if a player is acting like a n00b. The other day I actually got the host of the party to boot a player that was spamming Tornado Dance and sending every single mob flying. Again, I don't boot players that often but the feature is there for a reason.

But about Keilyn, I don't think anyone is really gonna care about that tbh. They are not being an ass on these forums so I don't see why we should have a problem with him. Also, how do ya know it's the same Keilyn ? I'm pretty sure there is more then one ^^

As for the Keilyn issue, are there really that many active players on the PC/PS2 side? I doubt that there is more than one player named Keilyn given how few active players are currently on those servers.

More importantly is that Keilyn was making a point about how nice they are in PSU; read the post for yourself: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2369829&postcount=144. They could be nice to their friends and then act otherwise to randoms. I was simply pointing out that another player found their behavior to be upsetting.

Keilyn
Oct 4, 2009, 10:12 PM
Also, how do ya know it's the same Keilyn ?

You make a good point.....so in case other players have the same name as me....I want to identify myself as Keilyn of account ID 20003493. If you see other Keilyns floating around and some anger exists towards me....please look at both their name and ID.

^_^

Gibdozer
Oct 5, 2009, 01:39 AM
I honestly don't boot very many players but I have the right to do so if I wish. Normally I give warnings if a player is bothering me and only boot if they will not change their playing style (scatter n00bs drive me crazy!). But again, I have the right to do whatever I want if I am hosting a game. To be honest I rarely play with randoms so chances are that you will only see me when I am leveling PAs.

My new tactic is to type 'Vote to kick [player name]' when in public parties if a player is acting like a n00b. The other day I actually got the host of the party to boot a player that was spamming Tornado Dance and sending every single mob flying. Again, I don't boot players that often but the feature is there for a reason.

As for the Keilyn issue, are there really that many active players on the PC/PS2 side? I doubt that there is more than one player named Keilyn given how few active players are currently on those servers.

More importantly is that Keilyn was making a point about how nice they are in PSU; read the post for yourself: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2369829&postcount=144. They could be nice to their friends and then act otherwise to randoms. I was simply pointing out that another player found their behavior to be upsetting.

So you only boot people who don't play the way you want them to, and your new "tactic" is to publicly humiliate them first. You truly are the standard for elitist justifications!

"I have the right to do whatever I want", "the other day I actually got the host of the party to boot a player" awesome, you sound like so much fun to play with.

relentless
Oct 5, 2009, 07:13 AM
So you only boot people who don't play the way you want them to, and your new "tactic" is to publicly humiliate them first. You truly are the standard for elitist justifications!

"I have the right to do whatever I want", "the other day I actually got the host of the party to boot a player" awesome, you sound like so much fun to play with.

I think your definition of "elitists" differs a bit from the actual meaning.
So is he supposed to not care about someone making all mobs go fly at all?
Is it not okay to send out a warning and aren't the people intolerant if they ignore the warning and technically annoy him on purpose then?
Imagine the opposite thing.
A player with habits or abilities same as an elitist joins your party, and kills everything before you can even tag it, while you're lvling PAs, lvling yourself or whatever you're doing.
Wouldn't it be acceptable to tell them to slow down a bit? It's reasonable I think.

The above mentioned votum has nothing to do with humiliation. There's a reason why there's a votum to begin with, and the one who it is about should consider if his actions maybe are at fault for what is occuring.

Well, you actually have the right to do whatever you want to, too.
But if it's about the example of the guy spamming TD, then it's mainly about (in)consideration.
I'm not inconsiderate if I don't like what he is doing and tell him to stop.
He is the one who is by ignoring me. So it's his own fault.
And booting the one is one of several options.
I'm also sure the booting option in general ain't obsolete or is solely for elitist-like people.
Btw. Hiero already pointed out he doesn't boot very many players to begin with, so there's no need to judge him because of the few examples where he actually booted players.

Gibdozer
Oct 5, 2009, 09:23 AM
Elitist-Control, rule, or domination by a group or class. As it applies to Hieros post the apt word being control. Sure it's acceptable to ask someone to ease up a bit, but we know that's not what happened. I'm betting his warning consisted of I vote we kick this TD guy, "you have been removed by the party leader".

Okay sure, kicking people who displease you(palette, play style, whatever) in your party is your noble right. Convincing the party leader to boot, singling people out with votes, coercing people to play your way, that's just bullying. He didn't do what I told him so it's his fault he got booted, classic elitist justification. Never your fault is it, lets just blame the victim!

Your right booting is there for a reason, In my 3 years on PSU I have booted 2 people in my parties. One kid who wouldn't stop singing into his mic, and another guy who thought a continues stream of off-color jokes was acceptable dialog. Neither of these had anything to do with equipment, play style, or disobeying my rules. There is a difference between booting someone for playing the game, and booting them for behavior not relevant to gaming.

relentless
Oct 5, 2009, 09:52 AM
So, as a fact Hiero did not do something "wrong".
You basically said it's okay to ask people to ease up a bit, which indeed did not happen as a result.
But how does it still make Hiero's reaction invalid assuming you aren't okay in particular about how he reacted with a boot?
And you are jumping to a conclusion there by pretending to know how he reacted, even if it was similar to what you said.
Also, everyone thinks differently on different responses, it's normal.
Some people actually react obnoxious to proper wording and reasoning and you will come off as some smartass as a result so yeah.

You don't need to be elitist to react like that.

Well... you basically move your fingers to play and end up annoying people with constant TD'ing (example), and you move your mouth to sing to end up with the same result.
There may be a slight difference but the annoyance can be of same level.
I think it's kinda an opinion thing, but I personally don't care WHAT is annoying me, the fact is that it annoys me so much I could boot that person.
If you differ those things, you would also have to differ the things individually imo.
Like if he is whistling or singing... or using TD or using other knockaways.

hunterseifer
Oct 5, 2009, 11:04 AM
Elitist-Control, rule, or domination by a group or class. As it applies to Hieros post the apt word being control. Sure it's acceptable to ask someone to ease up a bit, but we know that's not what happened. I'm betting his warning consisted of I vote we kick this TD guy, "you have been removed by the party leader".

Okay sure, kicking people who displease you(palette, play style, whatever) in your party is your noble right. Convincing the party leader to boot, singling people out with votes, coercing people to play your way, that's just bullying. He didn't do what I told him so it's his fault he got booted, classic elitist justification. Never your fault is it, lets just blame the victim!

Your right booting is there for a reason, In my 3 years on PSU I have booted 2 people in my parties. One kid who wouldn't stop singing into his mic, and another guy who thought a continues stream of off-color jokes was acceptable dialog. Neither of these had anything to do with equipment, play style, or disobeying my rules. There is a difference between booting someone for playing the game, and booting them for behavior not relevant to gaming.

First off, your first paragraph you accuse him of being a liar, you dont have any proof it just seems you want to cause trouble.Anyway, I dont think he meant it that way, he said he gave warnings to the guy, didnt listen so he did a vote. Which is honestly the best way to do it, majority rules! if the player is annoying the entire party I'd do a vote, and if voted yes then kick.It has nothing to do with 'bullying anyone.'

I'm a team player, and if someone is ruining the team's fun and/or how effective the team plays of course im going to say something, if someone asks me to do something to help the team, I'd do it. If you play any game thats team based, if someone doesnt play to help the team out and does his own thing and gets killed, doesnt help the team, ruins the fun and no one will wanna play with that person, and that has nothing to do with elitism, thats just everyones preference.

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 5, 2009, 11:55 AM

Oh please, you know as well as I do that a player that spams Tornado Dance is not helping the party in 99% of all situations. I would expect the same treatment if I tried to level Mayalee Prism in a party. The difference is that I respect other players and level certain difficult skills in private or when the situation is appropriate.

Also, as for calling a vote, would you rather I just ask the host to boot them without having the others in the party vote as well? It is a fair method that could allow the player in question to remain in the party. If the rest of the party doesn't agree with that player's actions then they will more than likely be removed. Don't single me out becaue the player in question made a choice about how they play and got removed from the party for their actions.

PSU is all about choices. When you are the host you can make all the choices for yourself. When you are playing in somone else's party then you have to live by their choices. I merely found a way to suggest things to the host where the entire party gets a say in the matter. If you really think my intention was to humiliate the player, we both know I could have done so much more without much effort.

Cracka_J
Oct 5, 2009, 12:00 PM

Sooooo missing the point.

Hiero plays the game a certain way. If he creates a game (it seems) he will either announce or make a comment on specific rules he plays by. If you choose to play the game a different way (your way), and they are different from his set rules, you are viable to be booted from a vote system he uses.

Why is that so hard to understand. If you make your own game and request no speed running in a comment, or in game, and someone joins your party and begins obliterating mobs and td'ing to reach mobs faster, they are clearly going against your set rules and I'd feel you'd have reason to remove them.

If you don't want to play his way, you don't have to join his party. Go make your own or join one that more suits your playstyle. Why waste your time and others time when you could rather go find some people that play how you do.

Keilyn
Oct 5, 2009, 02:41 PM
Elitist-Control has another name for it....Aristocracy. The entire mentality that those who are in self-defined "Elitist Classes" should rule and tell people who fall in lower classes what to do. Economic Manipulation, Coercion, the belief that such a class is above social rule and beyond the system of law and order are very common among such classes.

Acceptable things in my views:

1) If you write a comment as part of the party, it should be observed that the room creator has something going on.

2) If one enters a party with a no comment on it...It doesnt mean something is not going on. People do a lot of room stops and forget to reset their comments and room names.

3) Don't put the party up for a vote to kick a player when it is your job as leader to read the situation and actually kick the player.....If you wait for a public vote to come in, you are creating the potential for a fight to break out....

...Now you have two duties....Kicking the player and calming the party down.

You should be able to read the situation long before having to ask everyone if its ok for you to be a leader and kick.

Coercion goes two ways...

If three people agree on playing a certain way for their benefit and a fourth comes in who falls outside of such way AND gets in the way...then what it actually means is that in order to maintain compatibility the other three have to adjust (or even change) their way in order to meet the needs of the fourth.

In short it is three people passively being coerced by a person who comes in, ignores everyone and passively demonstrates "my way or the highway" because they believe "Its just a game" and people should have no consideration or civility for others.

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 5, 2009, 03:48 PM
Elitist-Control has another name for it....Aristocracy. The entire mentality that those who are in self-defined "Elitist Classes" should rule and tell people who fall in lower classes what to do. Economic Manipulation, Coercion, the belief that such a class is above social rule and beyond the system of law and order are very common among such classes.

Acceptable things in my views:

1) If you write a comment as part of the party, it should be observed that the room creator has something going on.

2) If one enters a party with a no comment on it...It doesnt mean something is not going on. People do a lot of room stops and forget to reset their comments and room names.

3) Don't put the party up for a vote to kick a player when it is your job as leader to read the situation and actually kick the player.....If you wait for a public vote to come in, you are creating the potential for a fight to break out....

...Now you have two duties....Kicking the player and calming the party down.

You should be able to read the situation long before having to ask everyone if its ok for you to be a leader and kick.

Coercion goes two ways...

If three people agree on playing a certain way for their benefit and a fourth comes in who falls outside of such way AND gets in the way...then what it actually means is that in order to maintain compatibility the other three have to adjust (or even change) their way in order to meet the needs of the fourth.

In short it is three people passively being coerced by a person who comes in, ignores everyone and passively demonstrates "my way or the highway" because they believe "Its just a game" and people should have no consideration or civility for others.

Is the bolded part a joke?

Anyway, it is not the responsilibity of the party leader to keep the party calm or maintain compatibility. It is up to the party leader to play PSU however they want and decide if a player is doing something that they, as an individual, do not like. If the rest of the party expresses their views against a given player then the host can decide if they agree with the others or not. Again, it is their choice and they are not forced to do anything.

I have to admit that assigning a full list of rules to how you play PSU is a new form of elitist behavior. I doubt that I would ever go so far as I can only speak for myself. If you agree with me then great. If you do not agree with me then we can simply go our separate ways. Again, it is all about choosing how you want to play PSU, yet every player has that choice to make for themselves. Calling a vote simply forces the issue but it does not make the choice for them.

Maelstrom 180
Oct 7, 2009, 01:27 AM
Well that figures, i have him on ignore in here but just in quotes i can see Hiero is still being an Ego inflated individual. Okay time to show posts for now. Hmmm okay theres your problem. Hiero somehow you think i dont respect you and you have good equipment. Which is false, i respect you, though to a lowering degree every post you make against MY points. I have not called you any names up till not and even though i called you an Ego Inflated Individual, does that mean i dont respect you? Nope, i respect you and i hear your opinions but your opinions are very negative and are insulting to my moral character. I am losing respect for you because you continue to attack my points after i repeatedly requested you to drop it, and then ignored you. That seems very disrespectful of you. Also respecting someone doesnt mean i have to like them. Take for example the American president, i respect the man, and he does have the makings to be a very charismatic leader, but i disagree on all of his "changes" he has been shoving down the public's throats. For that i hate him. And because you seem to feel your opinion is more valid than mine then just keep voising those opinions but leave me out of them. I listened to all your opinions but just as you felt you disagreed with mine, i disagree with yours so learn to know when someone dissagrees and when someone ignores your points. Rather than accepting anything ive said or atleast acknowledging anything i said as somthing you agreed with you attacked what you didnt like me saying. Oh and bringing in a conversation from another topic to enact some Damaging converstation to create a negative look of keilyn's person. Even if it were true people have bad days but it is not part of this discussion. Face it that you cant stand to look bad or have people disagree with you. Try seeing someone else's point of view for a minute....and stop just attacking it. I was hoping to find some other players and see what they use, share experiances, maybe play together or learn some new pieces of equipment that could benefit either myself or another player. But once again i say it, im done, your opinions may hold value to you but when your opinions are about how my opinions are not good in some way, then im sure you can see why i dislike you and why i dont want to talk to you. so keep doing whatever, just leave me out of it for the second time.

Delete
Oct 7, 2009, 02:26 AM
It's weird how this is turning into a "Party leader can/cannot boot if he wants to" thread. : )

To clear it up (or try anyway), Party Leader can boot you for whatever reason he/she wants to. Is it right? No, but that's just how some people are = /

Oh please, you know as well as I do that a player that spams Tornado Dance is not helping the party in 99% of all situations.

Even though you speak the truth there, it is a PA in the game and the players should not get booted for something that they are just using because they like. Why not watch who you invite (not aimed at you Hiero) so this situation won't happen to begin with.

Hiero_Glyph
Oct 7, 2009, 05:58 PM
I'm going to break apart your post since paragraphs are not something you understand how to use. I hope that you do not mind.

Well that figures, i have him on ignore in here but just in quotes i can see Hiero is still being an Ego inflated individual. Okay time to show posts for now. Hmmm okay theres your problem. Hiero somehow you think i dont respect you and you have good equipment. Which is false, i respect you, though to a lowering degree every post you make against MY points. I have not called you any names up till not and even though i called you an Ego Inflated Individual, does that mean i dont respect you? Nope, i respect you and i hear your opinions but your opinions are very negative and are insulting to my moral character. I am losing respect for you because you continue to attack my points after i repeatedly requested you to drop it, and then ignored you. That seems very disrespectful of you.

Just becuase you disagree with my points does not mean that they are invalid in the least. If you want to post your own points then by all means go ahead. Also, asking someone to stop posting because you disagree with them will never work. I have a right to state my opinion just as you have a right to state your own opinion. Apparently ignoring my opinion is the only recourse that you have at this time however. Also, stating the same opinion multiple times should not make you lose more respect for a person as they have not swayed on their opinion. Basically you are just more frustrated with me and cannot handle the fact that the discussion continued without you due to having me on ignore.

Take note that I have strong opinions that I support, it is not my ego. If you want to label/insult me then at least understand what I am inflating. I will agree with the negative part however, as labeling others as elitist is wrong and my views are negative by comparison to topic of this thread. A difference of opinion is never disrespectful however; it is simply another view on the same issue. If you take that as disrespectful then over half of the world's population must be disrespectful to you as well as they come from a variety of moral, political and religious backgrounds that differ from yours. Curious, but do you choose to ignore them as well?

Also respecting someone doesnt mean i have to like them. Take for example the American president, i respect the man, and he does have the makings to be a very charismatic leader, but i disagree on all of his "changes" he has been shoving down the public's throats. For that i hate him.

Hate is such a strong emotion. Normally hatred is due to a lack of understanding (e.g. I hate you becaue you are different and I do not understand why). Perhaps you should try and understand an issue before judging others based on their opinions.

And because you seem to feel your opinion is more valid than mine then just keep voising those opinions but leave me out of them. I listened to all your opinions but just as you felt you disagreed with mine, i disagree with yours so learn to know when someone dissagrees and when someone ignores your points. Rather than accepting anything ive said or atleast acknowledging anything i said as somthing you agreed with you attacked what you didnt like me saying.

I never claimed that my opinion was more valid than yours, I simply stated that having a different opinion does not automatically invalidate the other's. If you go back and read any of my posts I always state that any player has the right to play PSU however they want. A difference of opinion is not an attack, it is simply a different perspective on an issue.

Oh and bringing in a conversation from another topic to enact some Damaging converstation to create a negative look of keilyn's person. Even if it were true people have bad days but it is not part of this discussion.

It was relevant as Keilyn tried to prove that I lacked experience. I simply disproved that point and countered with one of my own. The point stands that if Keilyn claims to be a good person and wants to help others then why is there a thread saying otherwise?

Face it that you cant stand to look bad or have people disagree with you. Try seeing someone else's point of view for a minute....and stop just attacking it. I was hoping to find some other players and see what they use, share experiances, maybe play together or learn some new pieces of equipment that could benefit either myself or another player. But once again i say it, im done, your opinions may hold value to you but when your opinions are about how my opinions are not good in some way, then im sure you can see why i dislike you and why i dont want to talk to you. so keep doing whatever, just leave me out of it for the second time.

If you intent was genuine, why begin a thread in such a negative fashion? If you begin a thread by debasing the indivuduals that have commented on your equipment, why would anyone want to comment on your equipment? You have already proven that you do not want this type of behavior.

I don't care if others disagree with me as long as they can support their claims. This entire issue is based on personal opinions so just as you are entitled to your view, I am entitled to mine. I apologize if I am able to state my opinion in a more eloquent manner or if I come off as overly aggressive but such is the nature of my opinion.

To be honest I rarely replied directly to your posts (only twice in fact) so most of the time my opinions were not even directed towards comments that you made. It does seem strange that you asked me to stop commenting even though I hardly directed my comments towards your opinion on the subject.

Anyway, my point stands that everyone has the right to play PSU in any manner that they want. Just don't expect everyone to understand the other's reasoning and agree with their playing styles.

Frosty7645
Oct 7, 2009, 06:13 PM
sigh* yay arguments

DragonStriker
Oct 7, 2009, 06:24 PM
This topic should end and end quickly. There aren't very many elitists if any on either server. I can assure everyone who reads this there is not a person on the ps2/pc server who is a true elitist. People understand getting good rares takes time. So a lot of the time players who play for that reason will play only with players who can keep up with them so they can do a lot more runs. That doesn't make them elitist and it also doesn't mean it's bad. There is nothing wrong with anyone's choice to play in any certain way. What's actually ironic is people who consider themselves not to be elitists are actually the ones acting ignorant in this topic. Everyone has their own reasons for playing and can play however they like. If you don't like players who take this game seriously enough to care about the speed and time of the run then you have the ability to create your own game or find a new party. It's getting annoying for you morons to say "I can't get 50% gear because I didn't make money off grinder glitches". Expecially considering my account on ps2/pc has 50% FM gear(besides one). Everything with the game just takes time, you have the exact same probability to synth a 50% as the player who profited on the grinder glitches. Yes ofcourse those glitches were wrong but it doesn't mean you can't progress in your %s. If you are happy with your pallete then play and enjoy yourself, but blaming other people for whatever reasons you feel it's not as good as you think it should be is not only ignorant it's moronic.

Frosty7645
Oct 7, 2009, 06:26 PM
agree with dragon striker also sup its Rob =D

DragonStriker
Oct 7, 2009, 07:02 PM
Hey Rob and nothing much :0 Haven't seen you in awhile.

Frosty7645
Oct 7, 2009, 07:20 PM
yea i got board lol but im startin to play again lmao...an i seen your new pallet an yea wow

Ellea
Oct 7, 2009, 10:45 PM
Yes, let's end it now. It's now just provoking unnecessary arguments.

Overlord Zenon
Oct 8, 2009, 12:49 AM
ive never been mocked for my pallet, and its only 2 things still, lol cept my acrotecher, its filled with crap...

Maelstrom 180
Oct 8, 2009, 04:32 AM
Im tired of it too now, guess i have no reason to try and find people to play with on here. If someone could find a mod to close this thread then that would be fine. If anyone wants to talk to me just message me. Guess any good intent i had for this thread was crushed and i was demonized for wanting to find people like me to play with. Just end this thread and get on with our lives. But as one last Note, a paragraph is rarely 4 or fiewer sentances unless its an introduction, and in addition if you disagree with the direction of a topic started by me from now on, just dont join. If i wanted to debate id say so. As far as im concerned though this thread is dead, nobody is sharing stories, nobody is making friends, nobody is sharing their hard earned equipment that theyre proud of, its been stomped flat.

Dhylec
Oct 8, 2009, 09:00 AM
As far as im concerned though this thread is dead, nobody is sharing stories, nobody is making friends, nobody is sharing their hard earned equipment that theyre proud of, its been stomped flat.

That's one of the things making a controversial topic in a forum. People posted & soon went off-topic, taking it into something personal, criticizing each others rather than contributing to the original topic. Sometimes it could turn out very ugly.
I'll close this as wanted.