PDA

View Full Version : Protectors rare maps...

garjian
Sep 27, 2009, 08:25 AM
i remember when these first came out... there were ways you could force the rare run...
for example on the Beta-robot path... killing the kog nadd last gave you the magashi block every time...

doesnt seem to working this time round...
have they changed it? or have they removed it entirely?
i wanna know... cause i love that firebreak block :D

SabZero
Sep 27, 2009, 11:07 AM
That seems like an untrue rumor. Whether it's the rare run is determined at mission start, not when or if you kill or do a certain thing.

garjian
Sep 27, 2009, 01:22 PM
the last time they were up... as i say... "on the Beta-robot path... killing the kog nadd (in the first room) last gave you the magashi block every time..."

definately not a rumour, but i cant seem to find any pattern anymore :\

Mikura
Sep 27, 2009, 01:27 PM
the last time they were up... as i say... "on the Beta-robot path... killing the kog nadd (in the first room) last gave you the magashi block every time..."

definately not a rumour, but i cant seem to find any pattern anymore :\

I never heard of such a thing. If it's fact, no one seemed to talk about it much. But I'm gonna have to call BS on it since there's no proof. Anyway, rare maps are random. There's no way to "force it" to occur. Sorry buddy.

garjian
Sep 27, 2009, 01:36 PM
really? none of you heard that..?

hmm... guess noone would know then...

hmmmm...

relentless
Sep 27, 2009, 01:38 PM
It doesn't matter either way if it doesn't work anymore for you so it's safe to say assuming they completely removed it at the very least is okay.

Off-Topic: I'm very curious if they removed a certain glitch yet where you could literally inflict over 9000 damage with.. an usual weak weapon type.

garjian
Sep 27, 2009, 01:43 PM
ok... just one thing i have to correct here...

I never heard of such a thing. If it's fact, no one seemed to talk about it much. But I'm gonna have to call BS on it since there's no proof. Anyway, rare maps are random. There's no way to "force it" to occur. Sorry buddy.

its a rare block, not a rare map...
the protectors has its own rare enemies, but you dont a rare map everytime they spawn...

usually... everything rare happens in one big rare run...
and if they were linked like that, Lotus Jigga would equal Rare blocks... and it doesnt...

either way... dragon's right... but im still looking :D

Mikura
Sep 27, 2009, 01:49 PM
ok... just one thing i have to correct here...

its a rare block, not a rare map...
the protectors has its own rare enemies, but you dont a rare map everytime they spawn...

usually... everything rare happens in one big rare run...
and if they were linked like that, Lotus Jigga would equal Rare blocks... and it doesnt...

either way... dragon's right... but im still looking :D

Rare block. Whatever. You know what I meant. Point is, if you could force it to appear before, it's completely random now.

SabZero
Sep 29, 2009, 07:42 AM
All right.

In any case, it's a glitch, and exploiting (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exploiting) it is against the TOS (i.e. a bannable offense).

Dragwind
Sep 29, 2009, 02:41 PM
I definitely don't remember this existing, and if it did I'm sure many more people would have known of it. Regardless if this glitch does exist or not, explaining how to do it shouldn't be discussed here.

Allison_W
Sep 29, 2009, 06:48 PM
How would it be a glitch? I know you can predict rare spawns on many maps well in advance of investing the time to actually reach the part of the map where the rare enemy would spawn, but it isn't considered a glitch. I don't see why a method to accessing the rare blocks in this mission would be considered a glitch--unless someone from Sega actually said it is.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 29, 2009, 09:55 PM
How would it be a glitch? I know you can predict rare spawns on many maps well in advance of investing the time to actually reach the part of the map where the rare enemy would spawn, but it isn't considered a glitch. I don't see why a method to accessing the rare blocks in this mission would be considered a glitch--unless someone from Sega actually said it is.

The term "rare spawn" would seem to indicate that it shouldn't be something that you can always predict or trigger.

If you could force it to happen, wouldn't that fly in the face of what it's supposed to be in the first place?

LP_Phoenix
Sep 30, 2009, 03:28 PM
okay after u all discuss this glitch or non-glitch think....just a lil question, maybe someone can help me.
when can u recognizes the rare map not block on beta mission....am i right, if the bomalta robos appear, u got normal map....cause they was always one rule for all maps, that allways work. they are just 3 kinds of enemies. so if grinna s and red rare bugs wanna appear, they is just one more enemy which can appear....
and yeah i wanna hunt this map for lumira hp restore XD and its really really really [...] rare, right? even harder then desert goliath...