PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU JP PC/PS2 longterm schedule for Oct. 2009 through March 2010

EspioKaos
Sep 30, 2009, 06:41 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=987

3rd Anniversary Thanks Festa
* In the coming days, The Protectors ζ (www.psupedia.info/The _Protectors_ζ) will be released as part of the 3rd Anniversary Thanks Festa.

PSP2 commemoration
* Closer to the game's December release date, a special mission will be released to commemorate PSP2 being released to the public.
* With this mission, you will be able to use the character download service just as you did with the original PSP to receive a unique item from the mission.

New GUARDIANS Cash missions
* "RELICS Preservation" (temporary name) will be released to answer the demand for a low-level GC mission.
* "World of Illusion" (temporary name), the popular bonus mission from the Mission Carnival event will be returning as a GC mission. Adjustments will be made to accommodate high-level players.

New GAMs
* Third stage GAMs will be added.

New free missions
* It's been a long time since a new free mission was added. Look forward to brand new items drops in these missions!

Rare mission difficulty levels
* Due to high demand, rare missions will be receiving higher difficulties!

S3 difficulties added
* More free missions will receive S3 difficulties.

Free mission redistribution
* The ver.1 missions will be upgraded to AOTI standards and redistributed with new rewards and other changes.

Item design contest items released
* Winning entries from the item design contest will be released.

Phantasy Star 0 items
* Various items from PS0 will be added to AOTI.

Phantasy Star Portable 2 items
* Various items from PSP2 will be added to AOTI.

New GAS customizations
* The fifth wave of customizations (coming soon) will add weapon- and line shield-related options.
* The sixth wave will add more style customizations.

Enemy parameter adjustments
* LV175+ enemies will be adjusted offer a more suitable challenge to high-level players. EXP adjustments will also be made.

New event (December)
* Straying from the normal monster kill count tally, this next event will work a bit different! In cooperation with Gurhal's three major arms manufacturers, stay tuned for news on this unprecedented event as well as the all-new items to be released with it!

GUARDIANS Boost Road
* With the new free missions being added, new GBR routes will accompany them.

Seasonal events
* Of course, to match the changing seasons, the appropriate seasonal lobbies will return.

Volcompat321
Sep 30, 2009, 06:47 AM
Interesting stuff here.
Why the long term schedule? :o
Though for the US/EU players....it's just another thing that will take 1+ years (or never) to see.

hunterseifer
Sep 30, 2009, 06:49 AM
Well, I gotta say thats alot of nice stuff they'll be getting

Tyreek
Sep 30, 2009, 06:58 AM
PS0?! Whaaat?! XD And hurray for actual NEW free missons, and a GBR surrounding them to boot! AND S2 Rare missions FINALLY!

Neith
Sep 30, 2009, 07:16 AM
Rare missions with higher difficulty = I hope you didn't pay too much for Milla.

Awesome to see the survival mission returning, but it sucks that it's GC only.

Lv175+ monsters getting improved? Yeah, I'd like to see that :lol:

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 30, 2009, 07:32 AM
Maybe now they can give us weapons with better stats, instead of higher ATP but no ATA or PP.
They should get around to fixing the existing mission before adding the next one though...

Tetsaru
Sep 30, 2009, 08:10 AM
New free missions
* It's been a long time since a new free mission was added. Look forward to brand new items drops in these missions!

S3 difficulties added

* The ver.1 missions will be upgraded to AOTI standards and redistributed with new rewards and other changes.

Item design contest items released
* Winning entries from the item design contest will be released.

Phantasy Star 0 items
* Various items from PS0 will be added to AOTI.

Phantasy Star Portable 2 items
* Various items from PSP2 will be added to AOTI.

New GAS customizations
* The fifth wave of customizations (coming soon) will add weapon- and line shield-related options.
* The sixth wave will add more style customizations.

* LV175+ enemies will be adjusted offer a more suitable challenge to high-level players. EXP adjustments will also be made.

These can't come soon enough. Of course, I'll probably be on FF14 by the time these updates even hit our servers...

Dhylec
Sep 30, 2009, 08:29 AM
Looks interesting. At least there will be something going on on JP side for PSU for months to come. Hopefully US/EU will also, but sooner than the 8+month wait. ;]

Katy
Sep 30, 2009, 09:00 AM
I don't know anything about computer programming but it really takes that long to rewrite the rewards distributed from non AoI free missions?

unicorn
Sep 30, 2009, 09:14 AM
Why doesn't US/NA/EU get a longterm schedule?

Yusaku_Kudou
Sep 30, 2009, 09:20 AM
Let's skip 4 events and just catch up. I'm all for this.

Allison_W
Sep 30, 2009, 09:32 AM
Honestly, part of me worries that the regional servers won't even be around by the time this stuff might otherwise have a chance of coming out here.

Of course, if the things that happened with PSOBB post-official-regional-demise can happen with PSU, the outlook is a little brighter.

Out of curiosity--what items won the design contest, particularly where female clothes/parts are concerned? Anything interesting, or just more moe moe/hooker/trendy crap we already have too much of?

Mysterious-G
Sep 30, 2009, 09:45 AM
This looks more promising and bigger than it actually will be. Just don't expect too much.
Thanks as always, though, Esp! (:

Anon_Fire
Sep 30, 2009, 09:47 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=987

3rd Anniversary Thanks Festa
* In the coming days, The Protectors ζ (www.psupedia.info/The _Protectors_ζ) will be released as part of the 3rd Anniversary Thanks Festa.

New GUARDIANS Cash missions
* "RELICS Preservation" (temporary name) will be released to answer the demand for a low-level GC mission.

New free missions

S3 difficulties added

About time the Rare missions get S2 Difficulty

Wow, All ver.1 missions getting adjustments and S3 Difficulty, I cant wait for that ^^

I hope this GC mission for low-levels is cheap. :(

I'd like challenging LV175+ enemies ^^;

Protectors Zeta? I'll have to wait and find out

Arika
Sep 30, 2009, 09:50 AM
PSP2 commemoration
* Closer to the game's December release date, a special mission will be released to commemorate PSP2 being released to the public.
* With this mission, you will be able to use the character download service just as you did with the original PSP to receive a unique item from the mission.

>> new NPC yay!

Amherst_Wind
Sep 30, 2009, 09:56 AM

Because you need 2 things to have a longterm schedule;

1) Content
and
2) A short term schedule

US/NA/EU have neither of those things.

EspioKaos
Sep 30, 2009, 10:07 AM
I don't know anything about computer programming but it really takes that long to rewrite the rewards distributed from non AoI free missions?
Technically, there are a fair amount of ver.1 missions to have the rewards redone for, but they might be doing more than that. Perhaps adding new enemies or changing their spawn patterns (like what they're doing with the missions being carried over to PSP2 from AOTI).

Something I just realized is that SonicTeam will be dropping support for ver.1 following today's maintenance. Only 11 hours left for ver.1 players to play unless they feel like upgrading. D: Not that I see that many white names around, but still.

The_Brimada
Sep 30, 2009, 10:14 AM
S2 difficulty for rare maps? That's awesome.

Re-balancing V1 missions so their reward isn't absolute garbage(maybic)? Splendid.

More S3 free missions? Sounds good to me.

Beefing up 175+ mobs? Gib more of a challenge in my PSU? Hmmm I wonder how they'll fare in reality...

A brand new event type? We'll see when it gets here. Hoping its something different, and most of all fun.

The addition of PSZero items? Actually wasn't expecting that, but still haven't even played PS0 yet so don't know what to expect.

The addition of the contest winner's item designs? I'm really anxious to see how the weapons will look/work/and the stats of them. So...do male fleshies get a new outfit at all exclusive to them still since that other one was disqualified? >_<

Overall JP's long-term schedule looks pretty interesting on paper. Some of these things were long overdue IMO. However I fear not many people will be left playing on the Regional servers by the time it rolls around. >.>

Exactly.

desturel
Sep 30, 2009, 10:16 AM

Level 100 enemies in Valley of Carnage, Mine Defense, and Tunnel Recapture would be enough to put me back on Moatoob. I always liked the Valley route better than the desert route.

I wonder how popular Plains Overlord, Crimson Beast and Lab Recovery would become with updated AoTI levels and drops. We might see a return of the old hot spots (not that Plains Overlord has had much of a problem retaining people.)

Also when they say "re-balance level 175+ enemies" I wonder if they mean bringing back the old S2 enemy speed that was nerfed when AoTI came out or maybe reverting certain maps like Desert Goliath and Moonlight beast to their old "tons of Grinna Bete/Tengogh/Kamatoze" map variations.

stukasa
Sep 30, 2009, 10:24 AM

Finally! They should have rebalanced the v1 missions a couple years ago. Also, I hope they make the enemies much harder, this game has been on "easy mode" for way too long. But knowing ST, they probably won't go far enough.

EspioKaos
Sep 30, 2009, 10:40 AM
Out of curiosity--what items won the design contest, particularly where female clothes/parts are concerned? Anything interesting, or just more moe moe/hooker/trendy crap we already have too much of?

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/itemdesigncontest/result/weapon/index.html#gold
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/itemdesigncontest/result/clothes/index.html#silver

The disqualified first place clothes winner was never replaced, though... D:

What I'm curious about is that the two weapons they show under the item design contest part of the schedule...

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/image/news/schedule_20090930/ss_02_01a.jpg

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/image/news/schedule_20090930/ss_02_01b.jpg

...look nothing like any of the winners from the contest mini-site.

Allison_W
Sep 30, 2009, 11:41 AM
The winning clothing designs look boring as hell (with a possible slight exception for the male CAST parts, not that it does me any good). Also, lol @ even more moe moe shit.

Then again, I'm not sure what I was expecting.

DAMASCUS
Sep 30, 2009, 12:10 PM
Just to clarify...only the content that includes new weapons and clothing are only visible with the PC AOTI? I'm seeing all the new content and hoping that its just the new weapons/clothing that won't be compatible with PS2.

Maybe in future JP updates you could even put an asterisk by items that are PC only.

P.S. Sidenote: You can still use those items, they just look like a previous item right?

EspioKaos
Sep 30, 2009, 12:33 PM
Just to clarify...only the content that includes new weapons and clothing are only visible with the PC AOTI? I'm seeing all the new content and hoping that its just the new weapons/clothing that won't be compatible with PS2.

Maybe in future JP updates you could even put an asterisk by items that are PC only.

P.S. Sidenote: You can still use those items, they just look like a previous item right?
Right. Brand new weapons, clothes and parts that require client-side patches will only be visible to PC players. PS2 players can still wear/use them, but they will see them as certain default models. (Clothes will probably revert to the base character creation styles, and weapons might turn into their lowest ranking counterpart.)

LP_Phoenix
Sep 30, 2009, 01:08 PM
march 2010 for japan .....means december 2010 for us .... with the content we still need to catch up to japan.... very interesting stuff there but until we get it....

Gunslinger-08
Sep 30, 2009, 03:44 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/itemdesigncontest/result/weapon/index.html#gold
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/itemdesigncontest/result/clothes/index.html#silver

The disqualified first place clothes winner was never replaced, though... D:

The 2nd place male cast parts remind me of White Glint from Armored Core: for Answer...

Hiero_Glyph
Sep 30, 2009, 07:09 PM
march 2010 for japan .....means december 2010 for us .... with the content we still need to catch up to japan.... very interesting stuff there but until we get it....

How do you figure that? The Regional servers are currently just shy of 11 months behind SoJ's servers. This means that if we can go an entire year without any further delays we will have all of this content by February 2011.

Mikura
Sep 30, 2009, 07:34 PM
How do you figure that? The Regional servers are currently just shy of 11 months behind SoJ's servers. This means that if we can go an entire year without any further delays we will have all of this content by February 2011.

If that's true, all this crap will come way too late for me. This is all awesome stuff but by then, I'll be on FFXIV most likely. >_>

Dragwind
Oct 1, 2009, 10:39 AM
Good to know they're acting faster than usual on adding new stuff from PSP2 into PSU. I didn't expect PS0 stuff to make it into PSU though. I'm interested to see more of these new missions, difficulties, and content for sure.

Squirrel3D
Oct 1, 2009, 01:31 PM

Because they don't give a crap about us, let's face it. We should be getting far more in this game on our side of the world than we are.

I just recently bought PS:P for my PSP, and with my Xbox 360 currently out of action and being repaired/replaced....for some reason I don't miss PSU right now.