PDA

View Full Version : I'd like your opinion on a potential Halloween event...

KoruKinshi
Oct 6, 2009, 09:51 AM
So one of my good friends is a manager over in Sega of America. Since I figure I have nothing to lose, I proposed the idea of mixing up the Halloween event for this year.

I tossed him the suggestion of a House of the Dead tribute-style event, and even came up with a basic premises for the event. The mission could take place on either a remote area of Moatoob or preferably on Rykros. Through recon and investigation the GUARDIANS would have found a now abandoned research facility on one of these planets. They would find out that this is the original facility where the SEED-virus, or whatever it is, was engineered to infect beasts, and potentially newmans and humans. Problem is that things went rampant, and now all that's left are SEED-creatures...or in this perfect case: SEED zombies.

The event could either be split up into 4 separate missions, or 1 large mission with 4 sections, each of the first three with a sub-boss. The final boss would be a SEED creature that has an uncanny resemblance of your good friend and mine, Magician Type 0. I've found that the Howzer model would be a great basis for the boss.

Needless to say, you'd get special event items and they may decide to throw some rare stuff in, as well as maybe buff up exp received for the event. But the big part, seeing as how it's HotD themed, would be that you'd receive a 3x boost on leveling up twin handgun photon arts. Also the music would be HotD themed, too.

Of course, I think the chance of this going through is very low, but he is a good friend of mine, and I know he'll give it a shot with the PSU team on our side. Of course, rallying support from the fans would help the case.

Any opinions?

Mysterious-G
Oct 6, 2009, 10:02 AM
My opinion to this is a big, fat facepalm. Nice that you care about the community, though.

hunterseifer
Oct 6, 2009, 10:30 AM
I doubt they would make something new for the halloween event, I'd rather just get something that exists like updates thats on the JP side that we dont have. It would be less work for them.

Freeze
Oct 6, 2009, 10:57 AM
I like this idea.

Tyreek
Oct 6, 2009, 11:07 AM
While that is a very intriguing idea for a Halloween event, I don't think your friend will get far in convincing SEGA to actually go with that.

KoruKinshi
Oct 6, 2009, 02:47 PM
Well, at least 50% for and 50% against isn't bad. :p Could've been worse. I was just saying since they tribute Burning Rangers and Nights a good amount, as well as a couple other games.

Allison_W
Oct 6, 2009, 02:54 PM
Oh, it's a great idea. It just sounds like it would actually require effort (and potentially new art assets--lolPS2support), which means the chance of it happening is decidedly low.

I wouldn't mind a pleasant surprise, but it'd be precisely that--a surprise.

str898mustang
Oct 6, 2009, 04:03 PM
Seems that a lot of 360 users have a friend over at Sega

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 6, 2009, 04:25 PM
lol Actually, I did get to interview Jason Kuo from SEGA and met RubyEclipse....lol...and clumsyorchid is an acquaintance (I'm a VIP on IGN, where we met). Thanks to clumsy, Jason broke some news through the interview and the first official confirmation that Sonic Team USA had been disbanded and resources put back into Sonic Team JP....

And I play on the 360 lol.