PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 How to play in HD?

MiphestoSW
Oct 7, 2009, 02:21 PM
I have seen some people talking about playing PSU in HD. I was wondering could someone explain to me how this is done? Is it possible to play all games in HD? I am using an xbox 360.

Akaimizu
Oct 7, 2009, 02:52 PM
Basically, if you hook the 360 to a HD television, you should have HD options to switch to in your System Settings.

Once you do that, all games will utilize the resolution or be properly upscaled to it. (Notable exceptions would be arcade game ports made to run with their original resolutions (usually getting added borders to help utilize the extra real-estate) and certain Xbox 1 games).

PSU is no exception. Once you run it in that mode, it'll be properly upscaled or set to it (dpeneding on the software). It looks incredibly sharp and nice when set to 1080p. (And yes, the HDMI cable connection makes a noticible difference in clarity) However, the big plus is really the screen real-estate. It makes the HUD so incredibly non-intrusive and you see a lot of everything, as the HUD is displayed more off to the sides of the display. It also helps for chat bubbles, and face portraits. Even if the whole party is actively doing that a lot, you still see a whole lot as even those are off to the side.

Those without a 360 get a little taste of that advantage with PSP, since that is also displayed in a wide-screen format.

Tw1sTa
Oct 7, 2009, 03:03 PM
Basically, if you hook the 360 to a HD television, you should have HD options to switch to in your System Settings.

Once you do that, all games will utilize the resolution or be properly upscaled to it. (Notable exceptions would be arcade game ports made to run with their original resolutions (usually getting added borders to help utilize the extra real-estate) and certain Xbox 1 games).

PSU is no exception. Once you run it in that mode, it'll be properly upscaled or set to it (dpeneding on the software). It looks incredibly sharp and nice when set to 1080p. (And yes, the HDMI cable connection makes a noticible difference in clarity) However, the big plus is really the screen real-estate. It makes the HUD so incredibly non-intrusive and you see a lot of everything, as the HUD is displayed more off to the sides of the display. It also helps for chat bubbles, and face portraits. Even if the whole party is actively doing that a lot, you still see a whole lot as even those are off to the side.

Those without a 360 get a little taste of that advantage with PSP, since that is also displayed in a wide-screen format.

Wow... basically exactly what they said :sheep::bunny:

MiphestoSW
Oct 7, 2009, 03:55 PM
So I have to buy an HD cable for it?

Akaimizu
Oct 7, 2009, 04:30 PM
You can use either the Component cable or an HDMI cable to utilize the HD settings. I'm not sure which 360 you got and when, but you might have the Component cable already. The HDMI cable is usually sold separately.

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 7, 2009, 06:09 PM
The 360 has been high-definition ready since it launched in November 2005. :p You don't need an HDTV, however. You can use any computer monitor with Microsoft's VGA cable for Xbox 360 and get crystal clear HD! If you're on a budget, that's a great first step.

Gibdozer
Oct 7, 2009, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I've been using the VGA cables with an LCD monitor for years now. It works great and HD monitors with higher resolutions are much cheaper than lower res HDTVs.

Squirrel3D
Oct 7, 2009, 10:21 PM
I have an HDTV so of course I play PSU in that way.