PDA

View Full Version : The Adahna Unit ( one more time)

Alamar
Oct 7, 2009, 05:04 PM
OK, So these are dropping like hot cakes right? Wrong they are not. So I read on here that the only place after this event ends (Friday) to get this wonderful Item is Forest Infiltration S3. Is this true? This the only place other then this event? Would Segac really put a nice weapon that calls for a unit that only drops in an event and a S3 run?

Now considering the pace we get new stuffs and all. We should get S3 of this run sometime in 2012(hopefully before planet X comes by and kills us all). Tell me please for the love of GOD this unit will drop somewhere else? Or are we going to get a mad rush of updates?
Seriously now where else for this unit? Are these units going to be that ultra rare now until FI S3?

Ceresa
Oct 7, 2009, 05:08 PM
It's the best Laser for nearly a year on JP, and arguably still the best even after NUG2000 release.

Why shouldn't it be rare?

The S3 it's from is one of the shortest in the game anyways.

Alamar
Oct 7, 2009, 05:13 PM
I am not saying it should not be rare.Never said it should easy. Maybe reread what I wrote. Great the run is short that is even better. But we still need S2 runs let alone S3's.
So my question remains. Are we going to have to wait till the cows come home for FI S3 for the unit?

redroses
Oct 7, 2009, 05:15 PM
I really think it is kinda shitty that the two best laser cannons in the game are so hard to get. One is only obtainable ONCE A YEAR for 4 weeks if we get lucky.
And for the other we need a hard obtainable A rank and a almost impossible to get Unit which only drops in events(at the moment).

What is this? :l

Alamar
Oct 7, 2009, 05:19 PM
As for the the Love inferno it is a Valentines day thing I can deal with that. At least we know every 12 months it will come around. Not so with the Unit. Your guess is good as mine when the run will come here.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 7, 2009, 05:30 PM
I really think it is kinda shitty that the two best laser cannons in the game are so hard to get. One is only obtainable ONCE A YEAR for 4 weeks if we get lucky.
And for the other we need a hard obtainable A rank and a almost impossible to get Unit which only drops in events(at the moment).

What is this? :l

That's what rare fucking means. If you want the best laser in the game, you should expect to work a little bit for it. It's not like it's hard to rush through Forest Infiltration. Hell, a lot of the mobs are robots, so you can just Killer Shot/Megid them. I swear, you people have been so spoiled with such easy drops in PSU.

Alamar
Oct 7, 2009, 05:34 PM
That's what rare fucking means. If you want the best laser in the game, you should expect to work a little bit for it. It's not like it's hard to rush through Forest Infiltration. Hell, a lot of the mobs are robots, so you can just Killer Shot/Megid them. I swear, you people have been so spoiled with such easy drops in PSU.

Agreed And that is NOT the point of the topic. I simply want to know. What,when,where.
Also it is S3 which is not here yet. I am not talking Love Inferno. Lets stay on topic please.

redroses
Oct 7, 2009, 05:40 PM

I was just complaining about the two best laser cannons being so rare in psu. Except SangeYasha, I can't recall any high ranked weapon being so rare and unobtainable after a event.

I am no where spoiled by drops lol. When I want something I do not mind doing run after run after run, even if in the end nothing drops. At least I tried. I was just pointing(complaining) something out that I found weird and annoying.

Alamar
Oct 7, 2009, 05:44 PM
I was just complaining about the two best laser cannons being so rare in psu. Except SangeYasha, I can't recall any high ranked weapon being so rare and unobtainable after a event.

I am no where spoiled by drops lol. When I want something I do not mind doing run after run after run, even if in the end nothing drops. At least I tried. I was just pointing(complaining) something out that I found weird and annoying.

There are many weapons I can point out that were really rare UNTIL an event happened. Now they are a dime a dozen.

redroses
Oct 7, 2009, 05:49 PM
There are many weapons I can point out that were really rare UNTIL an event happened. Now they are a dime a dozen.

Ah yes of course. A lot of items became easy event drops. Like the Blackbulls for example in (was it STD or Carnival? can't remember).
I do not mind rares being rare, like if they have a chance from 1 in a million to drop. But I think there should at least be the option to always obtain them.

Anyway to get a little back on topic. Forest Infiltration S3 seems to be the only other place to obtain the Unit. As Adahna has to be over lv 150+ for it to drop. Which will first happen in FI S3 again.

Allison_W
Oct 7, 2009, 05:53 PM
I'm going to guess FI S3 will not be available in 2012, but rather, in 2-4 months, which would put it in early 2010.

I don't have my Adahna Unit yet, though I've seen a few drop and go to other players. I'm not super-worried--honestly, I'm more concerned for my friends who haven't found their Vijerina / Power yet, since it still isn't available in Japan outside of events, and I'm not sure they've even had an event with De Ragan 150+ since they had this one like a year ago.

Ceresa
Oct 7, 2009, 05:55 PM
Releasing stuff as a teaser in event and not releasing the item again for months and months has been happening since Firebreak.

And it's still happening on JP events, and will likely continue to happen.

So why the sudden injustice after 8? NA/EU events into the game's lifespan. You didn't notice this was the status quo until now?

Alamar
Oct 7, 2009, 05:56 PM
Well it seems Sega really put some thought into all this on both sides of the ocean.

redroses
Oct 7, 2009, 06:04 PM
Releasing stuff as a teaser in event and not releasing the item again for months and months has been happening since Firebreak.

And it's still happening on JP events, and will likely continue to happen.

So why the sudden injustice after 8? NA/EU events into the game's lifespan. You didn't notice this was the status quo until now?

I never said that I am noticing this for the first time. I know it has been done before. Just so far I can remember, whenever there was a event exclusive rare item (SangeYasha, i think Guld&Milla because of the Guld) there were alternatives to use.
Now with laser cannons the next thing would be the love inferno, but that only drops in the white day season.
That is all I am saying. Of course I do not like things being event exclusive for a long time and I have never been a fan of that. I am just voicing my opionion the first time about this.

Ceresa
Oct 7, 2009, 06:13 PM
Needle Cannon?

Arika
Oct 7, 2009, 09:45 PM
Direct to your point, yes you can only get it from the event at first.
if you miss this last chance (2nd chance in our server, 1st chance in JP) then you have to wait "colony mission GBR", "party mission S2", "MAG+" (not arrange by order) to get it drop again from "neudaiz GBR". After that, you can spam as many as times you want, the mission stays there forever, and it actually drop easier there too.

Delete
Oct 7, 2009, 10:06 PM
Would Segac really put a nice weapon that calls for a unit that only drops in an event and a S3 run?

Brings back memories of my Forgetting Fortegunners Thread.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147967

It's a gunner weapon, so they have to make it hard >_> Although, I'm not complaining because we need something to look forward to I guess if that counts.

Arika
Oct 7, 2009, 10:12 PM

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147967

It's a gunner weapon, so they have to make it hard >_> Although, I'm not complaining because we need something to look forward to I guess if that counts.

well, gunner deserve getting it hard, because GM have similar strength to that of FM who need to get high++ % on every element. (from current situation, and MF still not strong yet)

In compare, I think it is easier to get top gear for gunner than fighter still.

NDW
Oct 7, 2009, 11:14 PM
One is only obtainable ONCE A YEAR for 4 weeks if we get lucky.

The Love Inferno will be available as a permanent drop as soon as we get Train Rescue S3. It drops pre-made in the clear boxes.

Delete
Oct 7, 2009, 11:37 PM
The Love Inferno will be available as a permanent drop as soon as we get Train Rescue S3. It drops pre-made in the clear boxes.

Guess I should sell my 4/10 Inferno before that mission comes around ^^

well, gunner deserve getting it hard, because GM have similar strength to that of FM who need to get high++ % on every element. (from current situation, and MF still not strong yet)

That is true. Getting the gear is easy, leveling the bullets is another story lol.

desturel
Oct 8, 2009, 06:40 AM

My opinion still hasn't changed. :)

necman
Oct 10, 2009, 10:02 PM

while being true not all us gunners are masters. Should we all suffer equally. just kidding only killer elite is hard to get now.

So the adahna unit will be easier to obtain but that could still take a while. I did find lots of needle cannons cheap thanks to that unit so it's all good.