PDA

View Full Version : Share your stories ^_^

Keilyn
Oct 9, 2009, 04:31 AM
I like how there is a Synths/Finds/accomplishment thread as well as a video/screenshot thread.

The recently locked Justification thread had something I liked in the title, but the opening changed the purpose of the title making it confusing. Also there was no real structure...So I would like to be given the chance at making a similar, but simpler thread ^_^

Now is your chance....

Share any of your in-game stories with the rest of us ^^.

To keep it clean and structured here are three rules:

1) Please quote the story you are replying to...this prevents confusion and allows multiple stories in one post to be replied to.

2) Share only one of your stories at a time per post.

3) If you want to reply to a story and share your own story in the same post, please follow the following format:

(Your reply)

--------------------------------------------

(Your story)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

What's an opening thread without an entry? Here is my story ^_^

Originally I had a profound hatred for no real reason to Magas Maggahna...who I like to call the "Desert Bot" amongst my friends. In the last two weeks this bot has become one of my favorite bosses in the game.

I had watched several videos of bosses being killed by parties with great equipment and within myself I felt more like the bosses were bullied. I put myself in the monster's shoes...Would I like four to six players to come storming into my home and take my life because im different?

I wanted to solo all the bosses in the event as Masterforce...This Desert Bot stood out among the rest as a much tougher boss than the others. The increased damage made it so..

The first try soloing against this boss I lost all my scapes and lost. It was a fair and clean 1v1 and I loved it. The second time I had killed the boss but the sword got me at the same time when I was out of scapes and I got the mission clear but I was dead..

The third time...I took the initial strategy I had for it...

I ran up to it and fired Nosdiga with my psycho wand...but it generated its shield twice on me. Once the first form of the boss was destroyed....I found that due to its increased mobility that it was a lot harder to hit with psychowand, but Pwand still had the use that if I can get one shot and only one shot....it would hit for the most damage where DPS doesn't count...

However, its increased mobility (in form II) put me in a defensive mode. I learned a lot from playing wartecher and guntecher to stick a wand in a pallet with Resta on it. I had a TCSM with Diga and Gidiga paired with a wand with Resta and Radiga.

The typical..take one hit, fire resta bit.

Of course this boss can get a masterforce one shotted, but the idea was that due to the reaction time of the boss and casting time of a pwand....I may at times be too slow to hit....

So I used the tcsm/wand combo I love so much to hit its arms with diga as it was spinning around and slamming down and managed to connect enough. The third try had me scape 3 - 4 times and I managed to Capture it on Fraps.

Sometimes you learn a lot more from losing than winning. A little humility can go a long way. I wanted to be fair and give the boss a chance in a 1v1 in S2. ^_^

This boss has become one of my favorite bosses out there :P and I loved fighting it during the event. I wish there was a level 200 version of this boss...It would make me happy.

pinkace
Oct 9, 2009, 01:31 PM
I like that you challenge yourself so... I don't have the patience for that so much 'spect to yaz... :ak: :bunny:

My story:

I was in a team and Bruce was in it along with a PM (not mine) and we were fighting a Tengohg (I think) that wouldn't die, and it got knocked to the ground, face down, stickin it's ass up in the air and at that very moment Bruce or the PM screamed out "Now! Attack from the rear!" and we all lost it. Then someone, I think it was me, suggested that we might need some Pannon Jelly and it just got ridiculous from then on...

Keilyn
Oct 10, 2009, 08:01 AM
I tried five different parties at Bruce's Dungeon yesterday....after the first a friend of mine and myself took turns being in other parties and planning the route in S2...

After the fourth party, I got pretty upset....Not at the players themselves, but at the fact a lot of people seemed very new at playing in groups. Eventually I got tired of being in those parties and decided upon bringing my group of friends into it who have played together for several events.

It wasn't until coordinating with them and running the mission with Four Fighmasters and a Masterforce that we cleared it with an S-Rank. I took it upon myself to babysit bruce while using noszonde on the spawns of three and Razonde/Zonde on the spawns of five. Dambarta on the bears really worked out well..

I tried once HSM S2 and got 16/20 before I became so tired from being up 28 hours that I caved in to sleep.

The cute thing about the entire thing at Bruce's Dungeon was that we were very casual about it but still brought in decent equipment and some planning made it so we got the S rank. To put it mildly we had 17 - 18 minutes left when we reached the final two spawns.

Nothing like waking up to an Error 60 ^^

roardova lengths
Oct 10, 2009, 10:55 AM
I found Keilyn online Tuesday morning, who helped me hunt the Lumira / HP Restore item, but was a total failure that day. Other than that, I really enjoyed playing with Keilyn's ole bragging ass once again. But now that we can't sign in and dish on Bruce's Dungeon S2, cause Praema Tessic Elg just capped Protranser, guess we have to wait for another weekend...

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 04:11 PM
I tried five different parties at Bruce's Dungeon yesterday....after the first a friend of mine and myself took turns being in other parties and planning the route in S2...

After the fourth party, I got pretty upset....Not at the players themselves, but at the fact a lot of people seemed very new at playing in groups. Eventually I got tired of being in those parties and decided upon bringing my group of friends into it who have played together for several events.

It wasn't until coordinating with them and running the mission with Four Fighmasters and a Masterforce that we cleared it with an S-Rank. I took it upon myself to babysit bruce while using noszonde on the spawns of three and Razonde/Zonde on the spawns of five. Dambarta on the bears really worked out well..

I tried once HSM S2 and got 16/20 before I became so tired from being up 28 hours that I caved in to sleep.

The cute thing about the entire thing at Bruce's Dungeon was that we were very casual about it but still brought in decent equipment and some planning made it so we got the S rank. To put it mildly we had 17 - 18 minutes left when we reached the final two spawns.

Nothing like waking up to an Error 60 ^^

Sorry to hear about the HSM run...but last night with 3 other people, one of them was Grimace^^ We ran that mission, and I must say it was 4 successful runs back to back. I had to play as my cast considering berries needed shooting and buttons needed to be shot in the water lol. But other than that, it was great to see some dedicated players left to even do such a run. Not many people like that mission. :( Oh and the MP is hella nice, 550 for S rank ^_-

Keilyn
Oct 10, 2009, 04:23 PM
HSM is actually one of my favorites missions...It also has my favorite background music in the game. I just caved in to sleep...and yes the 550 MP is killer. ^_^

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 04:49 PM
HSM is actually one of my favorites missions...It also has my favorite background music in the game. I just caved in to sleep...and yes the 550 MP is killer. ^_^

Yeah the background music is neat lol...and with MP of being 550, I REALLY need to do some job class lvling for the rest of my characters. My beast in particular needs the work done on him. I just made him into a Fighmaster(lvl 3 atm).