PDA

View Full Version : Error 60 is back...

Tyreek
Oct 10, 2009, 03:07 AM
Good lord... For any of you who are still playing this mornin, I suggest you DO NOT log out if you want to continue playing. I am unable to log back in at this point. -_-;

Totori
Oct 10, 2009, 03:33 AM
Sigh, well this is the weekend which means no fix probably till monday

Tyreek
Oct 10, 2009, 03:53 AM
Argh! And I was intent on S ranking chapter 7-2 tonight!

MasterSpark
Oct 10, 2009, 04:49 AM
I had the issue earlier this morning as well but it seems to have cleared itself up by now. I can log on again, at least. :)

MaRayearth
Oct 10, 2009, 07:02 AM
it is back... I can't login =(

Tianna
Oct 10, 2009, 07:26 AM
060 here as well and still haven't gotten compensation for last 060....wonderful

Allison_W
Oct 10, 2009, 07:28 AM
I'm getting it, too.

What causes these errors, anyway, and why is Sega unable to fix them?

Middle
Oct 10, 2009, 07:36 AM
get it to... -.-*

Tianna
Oct 10, 2009, 07:36 AM
Seems they would know by now doesn't it? But it does seem to happen more on the weekend when most people plan to play, noone at SoA office to fix it so they call in a tech which was planning on spending the weekend with thier kids. He/she probably isn't happy they have to go fix the error AGAIN so gets there when they feel like it.

Yeah, I'm not happy, and I hardly ever complain but getting really tired of this.

Candi
Oct 10, 2009, 08:29 AM
Heya I tryed to log in as well got the old error 060 :/. Of course my ticket I submited late last night as not been answered ^^ Hope we can log on soon its a rainy cold day here.

Kinako78
Oct 10, 2009, 08:43 AM
Seems they would know by now doesn't it? But it does seem to happen more on the weekend when most people plan to play, noone at SoA office to fix it so they call in a tech which was planning on spending the weekend with thier kids. He/she probably isn't happy they have to go fix the error AGAIN so gets there when they feel like it.

Yeah, I'm not happy, and I hardly ever complain but getting really tired of this.

When you put it that way, it sounds like the server itself chose to do that.

IT'S POSSESSED!!!!!!!!! O_O

BrianB
Oct 10, 2009, 08:54 AM
I tried to check shop when I got up, 060. Been to the airport and back,still 060. Looks like it's a bad weekend for PSU :(

Katy
Oct 10, 2009, 09:29 AM
This couldn't have come at a worse time. *points to sig*

Tianna
Oct 10, 2009, 09:42 AM
This couldn't have come at a worse time. *points to sig*

OMG that really suxx, today is your day for your contest. All I wanted to do is play but I'm sorry Katy that it happened when your contest was :(

Chris28
Oct 10, 2009, 09:55 AM
when will you all ever learn?

The_Brimada
Oct 10, 2009, 10:14 AM
What's even more amazing is this always happens on a holiday weekend(doubt its one in EU though, but I could be wrong!) >.>

Either way, I'm at work anyway and I got what I wanted last night. I'll just go back to my other game if I happened to get dced from the game and can't get back on.

necman
Oct 10, 2009, 10:26 AM
ha ha no surprise really. another day another screw up. this half of nec man wants out of the game even if the other half keeps subscribing. Maybe she is more tolorent then I!

Danny_Dark
Oct 10, 2009, 10:27 AM
"Error 60"...Again...Oh Well...

Ryoten
Oct 10, 2009, 10:46 AM
Thought it was just me getting that error. Haven't played in awhile so I thought they pull the plug on my account. Guess I'll have to sit it out till it fix.

roardova lengths
Oct 10, 2009, 10:51 AM
060 here as well and still haven't gotten compensation for last 060....wonderful

Damn, just got Praema Tessic Elg to Protranser 20, was going to take her to Wartecher so I can do some more ass whooping & hopefully grind those weapons I synthed during the last event. Oh well, on to Mabinogi!!! XD Tianna, take care of yourself, love ya!!

Rayokarna
Oct 10, 2009, 10:53 AM
What's even more amazing is this always happens on a holiday weekend(doubt its one in EU though, but I could be wrong!) >.>

Don't worry, your pretty much right.

Ruru
Oct 10, 2009, 10:56 AM
yay go SoE!

seriously you'd think after 3 years they'd find the issue and fix it...

DAMASCUS
Oct 10, 2009, 11:07 AM
I've joined the 'retry' club now too. 9am PST. Lets see how long this takes...

LanCow13
Oct 10, 2009, 11:36 AM
Lanvandam is de-registering for a while I love this game BUT F who runs the our servers they keep screwin up be back when "ULTIMATE" updates appear

Gunslinger-08
Oct 10, 2009, 11:59 AM
I am not amused.

(Got it too. :()

Arika
Oct 10, 2009, 12:03 PM
It sound like their server is overheat and need some rest every 2 months.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 12:03 PM
I heard that the error 060 was back...thanks to Zizan. But go figure I afk sleep and this crap had to happen YET again. *sigh* And I was gonna lvl my pa's for my FM -_- Oh well I hope they do fix this problem ASAP. Till then I'll go lvl Rhea on WoW lol :P

Mikura
Oct 10, 2009, 12:07 PM
Arrgh, this is pissing me off. I wanted to finish lvling my techs on my MF this weekend since my fall break starts now, but no...this crap has to happen. Why, why, WHY does it have to be on a freaking weekend every damn time. Seriously Sega, die in a fire.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 12:10 PM
LOL Mikura XD I don't mean to laugh at you but I do feel your pain. Tech lvling can be a pain. If you don't mind me asking, how far are you in your tech lvling?

Ruru
Oct 10, 2009, 12:13 PM
Seriously Sega, die in a fire.

lol

yeah i know the feeling. i was gonna go back to that crappy new story mission and try to clear it, but why wouldnt the server go down? i mean seriously? who didnt see this coming -_-;

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 12:24 PM
That new story mission was okay >.> if you ask me it was real quick. So i took it upon myself to clear it 4 times so all my characters have the partner card.

Mikura
Oct 10, 2009, 12:25 PM
LOL Mikura XD I don't mean to laugh at you but I do feel your pain. Tech lvling can be a pain. If you don't mind me asking, how far are you in your tech lvling?

I had Dambarta and Gibarta to go...about 4-5 lvls on them until I hit 41 with them. I have more spells I need to get to 41+, but those were the two I was going to work on for today.

Ruru
Oct 10, 2009, 12:28 PM
That new story mission was okay >.> if you ask me it was real quick. So i took it upon myself to clear it 4 times so all my characters have the partner card.

lol well i finished the story. i just meant clearing part 2 on A with an S rank which is nearly impossible on a PS2.

DeZZ
Oct 10, 2009, 12:30 PM
Dear (No. 060)

I have missed you. Thanks for coming out to play.

Sincerely,

Dezz

Mystic_Nessly
Oct 10, 2009, 12:32 PM
It's pretty pathetic on SEGA's part when FREE servers offer better service than pay-for service.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 12:33 PM
Oh cool not bad at all...however I am sorry that the error killed your plans for today. :(

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 12:34 PM
lol well i finished the story. i just meant clearing part 2 on A with an S rank which is nearly impossible on a PS2.

May I ask why is it impossible on a PS2?

Mikura
Oct 10, 2009, 12:36 PM
May I ask why is it impossible on a PS2?

You lose time every time you load into the next block. Also when you have to wait for your weapons to load before you can attack, making it impossible to clear the mission in time.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 12:41 PM
You lose time every time you load into the next block. Also when you have to wait for your weapons to load before you can attack, making it impossible to clear the mission in time.

Oh okay yeah I see what you mean. It really sucks when that happens when you're trying to lvl your character and load to the next room only to find that everyone killed everything faster than the PS2 players.

Mikura
Oct 10, 2009, 12:54 PM
It's inexcusable since this game is supposed to be "made" for PS2, yet out of all the platforms, it performs the worst on PS2.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 01:02 PM
I can honestly say I get really annoyed trying to do Bruce runs as a healer and on PS2 when trying to walk or even teching in that area. I feel like I'm running in syrup lol, and sometimes I get that weapon lag. Although, those who ran with me in that mission never had to worry about Bruce dying on my watch. ^_^

Carrighan
Oct 10, 2009, 01:17 PM
hi all. just thought i'd weigh in on the subjects today. first to address the ps2 issue, its not Sega's fault that the ps2 graphics card sucks, which is the main reason for all the loading and lag issues there. get a ps3 or a real gaming pc and you'll see im right. as far as the error 60 goes, and i know sega has issues, but i have been informed by people who know, that this problem is being caused by a group of hackers bent on ruining the game for everyone else. there are at least 2 guilds whose only purpose is to try to hunt hackers. so if any of you have knowledge of these jerk hackers turn them in. trust me i'm just as pizzed off about not playing today as anyone but your anger is misdirected in this case.

also the game actually wasnt made for ps2, it was made for gamecube. which has a far superior graphics card, it was only afterwards ported for ps2.

The_Brimada
Oct 10, 2009, 01:27 PM
If the hacker thing really were true, why would they even bother with the regional ps2/pc servers(which is already dead), and not the JP ps2/pc or the 360 which actually has a population? Just curious. :o

Mikura
Oct 10, 2009, 01:39 PM
hi all. just thought i'd weigh in on the subjects today. first to address the ps2 issue, its not Sega's fault that the ps2 graphics card sucks, which is the main reason for all the loading and lag issues there. get a ps3 or a real gaming pc and you'll see im right. as far as the error 60 goes, and i know sega has issues, but i have been informed by people who know, that this problem is being caused by a group of hackers bent on ruining the game for everyone else. there are at least 2 guilds whose only purpose is to try to hunt hackers. so if any of you have knowledge of these jerk hackers turn them in. trust me i'm just as pizzed off about not playing today as anyone but your anger is misdirected in this case.

also the game actually wasnt made for ps2, it was made for gamecube. which has a far superior graphics card, it was only afterwards ported for ps2.

Proof, {Can I have it?}

Also, it's not the PS2's fault. The game just has shitty programming. There's plenty of other PS2 games that have little to no slowdown, but that's because they were designed well. PSU just got ported to PS2 in a shoddy manner. So yes, it is Sega's fault.

Ruru
Oct 10, 2009, 01:51 PM

lolwut?

also.

when this game was first announced, it was set up to be on PS2/Wii/360/PC, i dont recall ever seeing plans for it on GC. before the game was even set for a release they ended up putting it down for PS2 only, and a few months before its actual release they ported it from the PS2 over to PC, and later on to 360.

as far as your "it's a hacker" thing. wtf are you talking about? the PC/PS2 server has less than 1000 subscribers. why would hackers even waste time trying to screw us over when sega already does a good enough job of that? and where is your proof its a hacker?

and honestly why do people constantly tell us PS2 users to "upgrade"? i can't speak for all PS2 users out there but if we all had the means to just "upgrade" to a better gaming system i can gaurantee you that we would have by now.

Carrighan
Oct 10, 2009, 01:59 PM
yes it was announced for the systems mentioned but originally set for gamecube,

if i had proof i could give i would and the hackers would already be caught. i cant give names of hacker hunters. it kinda defeats thier abilty to do thier work eh!

and i play on both ps2 and pc and can see the difference

Ruru
Oct 10, 2009, 02:06 PM
yes it was announced for the systems mentioned but originally set for gamecube,

if i had proof i could give i would and the hackers would already be caught. i cant give names of hacker hunters. it kinda defeats thier abilty to do thier work eh!

and i play on both ps2 and pc and can see the difference

no one here is denying there is a difference between PC and PS2.
i'm merely stating that people are constantly telling PS2 users to "get a better system" (ie: get a PS3 or PC) yet not everyone has the kind of income to where they can just go out and buy a PS3 or a PC for gaming purposes. plain and simple fact is PS2 sucks compared to PC. i know this, i'm not denying it. i just dont have the money atm to go out and buy a PS3 or PC.

Zimbabwe
Oct 10, 2009, 02:09 PM
I just bought a subscription for a PS2/PC account like 10 mins ago hoping I could play that this weekend since my Gold XBL account expired.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

no one here is denying there is a difference between PC and PS2.
i'm merely stating that people are constantly telling PS2 users to "get a better system" (ie: get a PS3 or PC) yet not everyone has the kind of income to where they can just go out and buy a PS3 or a PC for gaming purposes. plain and simple fact is PS2 sucks compared to PC. i know this, i'm not denying it. i just dont have the money atm to go out and buy a PS3 or PC.

Playing the PS2 version on a PS3 doesn't not improve gameplay, loading times, or graphics at all. It is STILL the same crappy PS2 version. Oh, and if you do happen to have your PS3 hooked up in HD, then all it does is make the nasty blots in the graphics even more clear and obvious than how they looked in blurry SD.

I'm just sick of people saying how amazing PSU looks if you play it on PS3.

Ruru
Oct 10, 2009, 02:13 PM
I just bought a subscription for a PS2/PC account like 10 mins ago hoping I could play that this weekend since my Gold XBL account expired.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

well then let me be the first to welcome you to the world of PSU PC/PS2 :D

you have just had your soul sucked out by sega.

I'm just sick of people saying how amazing PSU looks if you have it on PS3.

lol yeah i havent been able to play it on a PS3 (since i dont have one) but i doubt it plays any better considering it's still just a PS2 disc...

Gunslinger-08
Oct 10, 2009, 02:18 PM
well then let me be the first to welcome you to the world of PSU PC/PS2 :D

you have just had your soul sucked out by sega.

And here I thought they only wanted my wallet.

Mikura
Oct 10, 2009, 02:22 PM
People who say it performs better on PS3 obviously are ignorant and don't own the system. It's exactly the same. And yes, I own a PS3 and I have tried it. It's crap. Period. On PC though? It's vastly superior in every single way.

Carrighan
Oct 10, 2009, 02:26 PM
to anyone who thinks load and lag issues are a disc issue lol at you, thats a hardware server issue not a disc issue

no one told anyone to buy anything, i only said if you get one you'd see ikm right. i have played a friends ps3 and he load and lag issues are far less on it

believe what you will but get facts before you judge people. the hacker issue is a fact, and they are threatening to crash the servers for the next event. sega bash if it makes you feel better but it solves nothing

The_Brimada
Oct 10, 2009, 02:40 PM
Good for those hackers stopping a whole whopping 20 people from playing the game. Noone cares about the ps2/pc servers, not even Sega. I'd be surprised if hackers actually gave a damn enough to even bother. If they're trying to ruin the server, its already too late. Sega beat them to the punch with error 65 back during the first MAG.

Zimbabwe
Oct 10, 2009, 02:45 PM
A few days ago I was talking to a PSU hacker (yes I'm telling the truth) I met a long time ago on the PS2/PC server. Funny thing is, he told me he's back to playing PSU again because ever since Sega's "upgrade" to the billing system, his account is no longer banned and now he's back to getting free time on PSU. Through his webcam, he was able to show me his PSU subscription on playsega.com and next to no.OfDays it said "999999999" lol.

And about this hacker threat thing, where's this coming from? When did this surface?

DAMASCUS
Oct 10, 2009, 02:56 PM
lol yeah i havent been able to play it on a PS3 (since i dont have one) but i doubt it plays any better considering it's still just a PS2 disc...

I have the PC and PS2 version. The PC is hands down best for soloing and usually works fine in groups but has this wierd habit of disconnecting me by request of server. That does not happen with the PS2 version.

I use a PS3 for the PS2 version and had to go back and forth with the PS2 system a while back and the only differences is that it looks smoother(blurrier) on a big TV and the weapon load times are waaay better, not ideal but much better.

Mikura
Oct 10, 2009, 03:06 PM
I never noticed the load times on weapons being any better on PS3 personally. The game still has to read off the disc every time the weapons come up, so I don't see how playing it on PS3 would even help. PC version, it's understandable since the game is on an HDD and installed in the PC.

Kinako78
Oct 10, 2009, 03:07 PM
Arrgh, this is pissing me off. I wanted to finish lvling my techs on my MF this weekend since my fall break starts now, but no...this crap has to happen. Why, why, WHY does it have to be on a freaking weekend every damn time. Seriously Sega, die in a fire.

So much for our DB runs tonight. :(

And everyone ignored my joke. >_<

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 03:10 PM
I play on the ps2 myself...but whenever I have the chance, I'll play on the pc. I agree it is indeed way better for all that us players want to do. Soloing, playing in full parties, swapping weapons, etc. And yeah Mikura I soooo agree with you, if I had the money; I would get a pc in a heartbeat. Which is also why I'm working 2 jobs... ^^;

Mikura
Oct 10, 2009, 03:13 PM
I play on the ps2 myself...but whenever I have the chance, I'll play on the pc. I agree it is indeed way better for all that us players want to do. Soloing, playing in full parties, swapping weapons, etc. And yeah Mikura I soooo agree with you, if I had the money; I would get a pc in a heartbeat. Which is also why I'm working 2 jobs... ^^;

Well, hopefully you'll get a PC before they decide to shut down the servers. Which at this rate, doesn't seem too far behind. >.>

Ruru
Oct 10, 2009, 03:17 PM
to anyone who thinks load and lag issues are a disc issue lol at you, thats a hardware server issue not a disc issue

no one told anyone to buy anything, i only said if you get one you'd see ikm right. i have played a friends ps3 and he load and lag issues are far less on it

believe what you will but get facts before you judge people. the hacker issue is a fact, and they are threatening to crash the servers for the next event. sega bash if it makes you feel better but it solves nothing

this coming from someone who believes malicious hackers are ruining PC/PS2 is almost too funny.

i didn't mean it was because of the disc itself. moreso the fact that it's a PS2 game being played on a PS3 does not in fact make it a better game.

PSU is the only game that you have to wait for your weapons to load before you can use them even in offline mode. that is bad programming. it has nothing to do with the PS2 being a shitty system. although like i said i agree that the PS2 is less superior than a PC. this game was programmed very poorly, and that's not something you can simply blame on the PS2.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 03:19 PM
Well, hopefully you'll get a PC before they decide to shut down the servers. Which at this rate, doesn't seem too far behind. >.>

Well if they do shut us down by the time I get a pc, it'll suck. But at least I'll have one to play any other games in the future. But as long as you been playing on ps2 as long as I have, isn't it nice to at least get as far as you did on the ps2? Reguardless of the load times in such :)

Mikura
Oct 10, 2009, 03:24 PM
this coming from someone who believes malicious hackers are ruining PC/PS2 is almost too funny.

i didn't mean it was because of the disc itself. moreso the fact that it's a PS2 game being played on a PS3 does not in fact make it a better game.

PSU is the only game that you have to wait for your weapons to load before you can use them even in offline mode. that is bad programming. it has nothing to do with the PS2 being a shitty system. although like i said i agree that the PS2 is less superior than a PC. this game was programmed very poorly, and that's not something you can simply blame on the PS2.

This is dead-on. Like Runa said, a PS2 is definitely inferior to most modern PCs now, but that's no excuse for PSU to run so horribly on it. A game that is designed well can run on a PS2 smoothly. Granted, the graphics will probably take a knock because it's on PS2, but there's no reason PSU should have so much slowdown and crappy load times as it does.

Tek[+]Lok
Oct 10, 2009, 03:24 PM
Considering how old PSO is and that people still play it on ********'s private servers I'm sure that there will be private PSU servers in the works when its finally shut down.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 03:28 PM
Lok;2372033']Considering how old PSO is and that people still play it on ********'s private servers I'm sure that there will be private PSU servers in the works when its finally shut down.

And I might on one of those servers hehe :D

Reikoku na kuma
Oct 10, 2009, 03:41 PM
-sigh- right when we thought it was gone..tho TBH i thought it would happen during the 2 week protectors + event...Gawd Dam u SEGAC for ya failure...again. Sadliy SEGAC dun care bout our sever anyways beingthe least populated of the 3..hell the demo on 360 was more populated (and dun say cuz its free cuz tecnically it aint since y aneed to keep paying ur gold account) so yeah we always gonna get the short end of the stick

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 03:48 PM
Hey hey what's poppin mah diga? ^_^

Reikoku na kuma
Oct 10, 2009, 03:50 PM
nm diga just hopping on my cousin pc real quick and checking for mah wifeys mgs on yahoo and ....sadky playing offline mode tillthis is resolved

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 10, 2009, 03:54 PM
Oh Error 60 my old nemesis! HAHAHAH! What brings it back after all this time? In a way, I kinda miss it.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 03:56 PM
nm diga just hopping on my cousin pc real quick and checking for mah wifeys mgs on yahoo and ....sadky playing offline mode tillthis is resolved

Well it's good to hear from you even if not ingame lol...I hope wifey is doing well.

Shou
Oct 10, 2009, 03:56 PM
EU/NA PSU servers are not being shutdown >_>

Nor are they anywhere near being shut down...

Reikoku na kuma
Oct 10, 2009, 04:00 PM
ya she is just missing the hell out of me hehe. but indeed it is good to hear from u as always mah diga ^_^

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 04:02 PM
EU/NA PSU servers are not being shutdown >_>

Niether are they anywhere near being shut down...

Well I know that much lol...some of us say such things only because of what we've been going through. I'll be here till the end of PSU unless something better grabs my attention. Hell...I'm stilll waiting on what's to come in the future.

Keilyn
Oct 10, 2009, 04:28 PM
Yes :P I'm here to the end of PSU, but since I've also been a Guild Wars player since launch, I can't wait for Guild Wars II ^_^

I love they brought the same woman who did the Introduction in Prophecies to do the Guild Wars II video. ^_^

Tek[+]Lok
Oct 10, 2009, 04:29 PM
BTW I just installed this game and bought a new subscription and recreated all four of my characters (I saved the money weapons and discs of course XD) and now this! I guess I'll go start an offline character...

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 04:38 PM
ya she is just missing the hell out of me hehe. but indeed it is good to hear from u as always mah diga ^_^

Well that's good she misses you. Absence make the heart grow founder. :)

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 04:59 PM
Well that's good she misses you. Absence make the heart grow founder. :)

Unless that absence is for like a year....then you just forget.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 05:02 PM
Unless that absence is for like a year....then you just forget.

Very true, but those 2 been together for a while now. I do hope something good will happen for them. :)

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 05:09 PM
Very true, but those 2 been together for a while now. I do hope something good will happen for them. :)

*Did not know you were talking about 2 humans* Thought it was the memory of a game. Must learn to look at previous posts next time >.<

Best of luck to you both ^^

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 05:10 PM
*Did not know you were talking about 2 humans* Thought it was the memory of a game. Must learn to look at previous posts next time >.<

Best of luck to you both ^^

lmao it's all good :P

Ellea
Oct 10, 2009, 05:26 PM
*Sigh* Fun times...there goes my weekend... ._.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 05:29 PM
*Sigh* Fun times...there goes my weekend... ._.

I know right...I never had a boring Saturday till today. :(

Scejntjynahl
Oct 10, 2009, 05:31 PM
Sent in work ticket, now to boot up my old GC and play PSO <3

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 05:33 PM

I wish I had my GC to play my PSO as well...I should get a Wii now that it dropped in price. Need to get SOME kind of Phantasy Star in my system for times like this lol...

Ryoten
Oct 10, 2009, 05:36 PM
I wish I had my GC to play my PSO as well...I should get a Wii now that it dropped in price. Need to get SOME kind of Phantasy Star in my system for times like this lol...

Wow. Just came back from my vacation of playing PSO with my friends. Man, those are good times when you kill the dragon & it falls on you to kill you in the process. lol

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 05:37 PM
Wow. Just came back from my vacation of playing PSO with my friends. Man, those are good times when you kill the dragon & it falls on you to kill you in the process. lol

lmao now I almost forgot about that part XD

Shou
Oct 10, 2009, 05:39 PM
What about Katy's event tonight!? D:

Ruru
Oct 10, 2009, 05:44 PM
What about Katy's event tonight!? D:

sega says no.

Ryoten
Oct 10, 2009, 05:51 PM
sega says no.

oh well, daddy Sega wont let us play....time to let my anger out on someone...*plays Marvel vs Capcom 2*

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 05:55 PM
oh well, daddy Sega wont let us play....time to let my anger out on someone...*plays Marvel vs Capcom 2*

Signs point to a Storm,Sentinel,Magneto Team....

Rayokarna
Oct 10, 2009, 05:55 PM

Thats a good idea. lol.

Ryoten
Oct 10, 2009, 06:00 PM
Signs point to a Storm,Sentinel,Magneto Team....

Ugh, anything but that. Already tired of hearing 'JUGGERNAUT!!!' every fight & now this....

Mikura
Oct 10, 2009, 06:01 PM
Well, my party in FFXI just disbanded and I see 060 is still rocking hard this evening. I guess I'll try shooting for 60 on my MNK tonight and mix in some Marvel vs. Capcom 2 during the downtime inbetween waiting for parties. <.<

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 06:03 PM
Ugh, anything but that. Already tired of hearing 'JUGGERNAUT!!!' every fight & now this....

And i used to enjoy that game >.< Hate that team.

Keilyn
Oct 10, 2009, 06:04 PM
What server are you in? I had characters in Asura and Pandemonium ^_^

I was into Red Mages ^_^ (loved Red Mage/Ninja) but had to level a lot of jobs for Endgame.

Mikura
Oct 10, 2009, 06:05 PM
And i used to enjoy that game >.< Hate that team.

Sucks too. The game would be much more enjoyable online if everyone didn't feel compelled to play teams that are ripe with douchebaggery.

Mikura
Oct 10, 2009, 06:07 PM
What server are you in? I had characters in Asura and Pandemonium ^_^

I was into Red Mages ^_^ (loved Red Mage/Ninja) but had to level a lot of jobs for Endgame.

Diabolos unfortunately. Unless you feel like moving. >.> 1,343 people currently on the server now too. Seems the population has gone down here as well. Last time I left the game, there was on average about 2,000+ on.

Ryoten
Oct 10, 2009, 06:14 PM
Sucks too. The game would be much more enjoyable online if everyone didn't feel compelled to play teams that are ripe with douchebaggery.

Said like a true pro. I feel the same way. The only time I get to fully enjoy this game is offline or against true players. Mostly my team *which I always play as.^^* is Sonson, Akuma, & Sakura. None of that assist crap that some people use. Just top-notch fighting like the old days.^^

Keilyn
Oct 10, 2009, 06:17 PM
Same happened in Pandemonium.

The population dropped so low people spoke of merging servers. I remember how hard it was to work with the auction house, but I liked Clothcraft and had it at level 100. I still love how the chances of synthing in FFXI is a lot better than in PSU...but its a pain in the ass to level the crafts up very high.

Pandy had a problem where most were high level so low level characters couldnt get the basic equipment to actually get started. In turn some of us got together and decided to make things and sell them off in front of the auction house to help players who were changing jobs to try to level them.

With the level sync in place many players level in the low areas like the Valkurn Dunes or The area under Juno...and that blasted tower. I like the level sync, just think that the game got so big due to expansions and players leaving that it felt empty after a while.

Tetsaru
Oct 10, 2009, 06:20 PM
Wow... really, Sega? Login errors AGAIN?? REALLY!? How long has this problem been reoccurring??

You know it's bad when I don't even play PSU anymore and this STILL pisses me off. Sega can never get their shit together with this game. They can't even properly get the word out to their players that hey, something's wrong with our shitty servers yet again for the gajillionth time. And not only does it further worsen my view on Sega's ability to fuck things up, but it upsets me to see all the fans of this game who are willing to play until they finally DO shut it down, often not able to play in the first place...

I can't help but think they do this intentionally sometimes. Either fix the damned problem for good, or just shut the servers down so we can all move on without mindlessly throwing away our subscription money wondering whether or not we can play this God-forsaken game in the first place. Never in my life have I seen a game plagued with so many recurring problems and such infuriatingly poor management... the PSU fanbase deserves so much better than this constant bullshit. :disapprove:

Also, I can't help but find it ironic how I'm seeing posts about people playing FF11 more often. I know both PSU and FF11 (or any other MMO) have their problems, but at least Square Enix stays on top of things and provides players plenty of things to do. If any of you guys are interested, my character's name is Doomkaizer (Galka PLD/WAR), and I'm currently on the Asura server. My friends are thinking about moving back to Odin though, so I might have to move too... if there's one beef I have with FF11, it's that you have to pay to switch servers... >_<

And yay, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2! I used to have the original PS2 disc for it, but I loaned it to someone and they never gave it back... >_>X I need to get the downloadable game, but money's tight atm. My friend has it, and I love playing it, although the contol scheme seems pretty fucked up compared to the old one... pulling off specials just seems near-impossible for me without the use of the shoulder buttons... >_<

Mikura
Oct 10, 2009, 06:26 PM
Same happened in Pandemonium.

The population dropped so low people spoke of merging servers. I remember how hard it was to work with the auction house, but I liked Clothcraft and had it at level 100. I still love how the chances of synthing in FFXI is a lot better than in PSU...but its a pain in the ass to level the crafts up very high.

Pandy had a problem where most were high level so low level characters couldnt get the basic equipment to actually get started. In turn some of us got together and decided to make things and sell them off in front of the auction house to help players who were changing jobs to try to level them.

With the level sync in place many players level in the low areas like the Valkurn Dunes or The area under Juno...and that blasted tower. I like the level sync, just think that the game got so big due to expansions and players leaving that it felt empty after a while.

I think in Diabolos' situation, most people moved to different servers. I knew a lot of people that didn't quit, but just simply moved elsewhere. Mostly to get away from people that were causing them drama in the game. It's sad, but that tends to be a common occurence in FFXI. Plus, there's no doubt in my mind WoW is spiriting away some of the population as well.

Btw, I think the level sync was the best feature they ever added to FFXI. It's really made finding parties a lot easier and less stressful compared to before when you would be making your own party and you had to make sure everyone was "just" within that narrow lvl range so the exp didn't get nerfed.

Anyway, the game has gotten much bigger since it's release. Hell, I don't even have the WotG expansion yet, but I left the game around the time it came out. So there's a whole area I haven't even explored yet. And the game already seems huge to me as it is. lol

P.S. I know this is all entirely off topic, but I just had to rant. >.>

Tek[+]Lok
Oct 10, 2009, 07:07 PM
I wish all the PSU servers were merged. Why would anyone design an online game just to split up its user base?

Shou
Oct 10, 2009, 07:14 PM
Lok;2372190']I wish all the PSU servers were merged. Why would anyone design an online game just to split up its user base?
1. It would cost SEGA a lot of money to do that.
2. Updates would have to be approved by SONY AND Microsoft before they are implemented. (this is the main thing that slows down our updates just so that ppl know)

If PSU was as popular as FFXI SEGA would have done it, but it is not. Basically would you bake 100 pies if you knew only 5 people would eat one? No.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 07:45 PM
1. It would cost SEGA a lot of money to do that.
2. Updates would have to be approved by SONY AND Microsoft before they are implemented. (this is the main thing that slows down our updates just so that ppl know)

If PSU was as popular as FFXI SEGA would have done it, but it is not. Basically would you bake 100 pies if you knew only 5 people would eat one? No.

lmao I'm soooo going to use that saying. :D

Tek[+]Lok
Oct 10, 2009, 07:54 PM
If I get to put nicotine in those pies than I would hahahah.

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 07:54 PM
But what if those 5 people each take home those 20 pies (each) and share with friends and family....because i mean cmon, who doesnt love pie?

Tek[+]Lok
Oct 10, 2009, 07:59 PM
But in this case the pies have "error 60" and everyone gets tummy aches :[

Rhea-Licious
Oct 10, 2009, 07:59 PM
mmmmm....pie :)

Ryoten
Oct 10, 2009, 08:05 PM
At least its not a lie right?

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 08:08 PM
Lok;2372217']But in this case the pies have "error 60" and everyone gets tummy aches :[

We give it to that neighbor down the block we just dont like lol

Candi
Oct 10, 2009, 08:52 PM
Heya guys, just got home from shopping and dinner was hoping the lil error 060 was resolved.... but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa looks like this rainy weekend wont see any psu fun ><. Hmmmm must find something else to do :D and Hiya Rhea hows u :)

Keilyn
Oct 10, 2009, 09:00 PM
The main page at Phantasy Star Universe has posted the following:

PC/PS2 Error 60
The PC/PS2 servers are currently experiencing an Error 60 issue (failed login). We are aware of this and working to correct it as soon as possible.

At least there is someone at "Sega" working on the main page which means they are not all home....Maybe it will be resolved soon...preferably before the weekend is over.

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 09:02 PM
The main page at Phantasy Star Universe has posted the following:

At least there is someone at "Sega" working on the main page which means they are not all home....Maybe it will be resolved soon...preferably before the weekend is over.

I hope but seriously doubt.

Powder Keg
Oct 10, 2009, 10:00 PM
If this occurs all weekend we'll be lucky to see a full star on PC/PS2 ever again.

God_Shiden
Oct 10, 2009, 10:14 PM
If this occurs all weekend we'll be lucky to see a full star on PC/PS2 ever again.

depressing really.

Katy
Oct 10, 2009, 10:40 PM
My event (listed in my sig) is postponed til further notice... :(

Arika
Oct 10, 2009, 11:34 PM
Lok;2372190']I wish all the PSU servers were merged. Why would anyone design an online game just to split up its user base?

http://www.destructoid.com/talks-with-microsoft-to-blame-for-lack-of-ffxiv-xbox-360-145298.phtml

http://www.destructoid.com/talks-with-microsoft-to-blame-for-lack-of-ffxiv-xbox-360-145298.phtml

It is the Xbox policy to be blamed on this. Not even FF14 could merge the server anymore. they might allowed the first FF11 to merge with other at first because xbox were not so popular back then. However, at the time when xbox become popular, they change policy to not merge with any console and say that it is xbox live policy, PSU get effect from this. and now, Square-Enix says that if they can't merge server with xbox, they might just not release this console version.

Now, I see that merge with JP server is still more possible than xbox.

RemiusTA
Oct 10, 2009, 11:53 PM
Hahaha im so glad i quit pc/ps2. This is what, twice in 5 months?

Well im glad i ended my 360 subscription this month too. I dont know if ill ever resub to this game now that Portable 2 has been announced and has everything this fucking version has been begging for.

Powder Keg
Oct 10, 2009, 11:53 PM
Microsoft may be to blame for the server separation here in the US, but that still doesn't leave out why JP and US PC/PS2 were separated.

God_Shiden
Oct 11, 2009, 12:10 AM
Like 2 secs from quitting to play WoW........

Keilyn
Oct 11, 2009, 12:10 AM
If you played PSO when all the servers were linked on Dreamcast...where i spent most of my time in the Japanese servers and saw what Americans and Europeans did...I would also have made the choice to seperate the servers too...

I'm not a Japanophile by any means, but the reason I started playing in Japanese servers was because on the American side of things players loved Duplicating and spreading items endlessly...hell they even gamesharked the game to create items that if you use and log out your character's data would corrupt.

I wanted to play legit and European players would always talk about how they were all about playing legit in their own inner circles, but when push came to shove..they had the same duplicated junk..(level 999 Opa-Opa anyone?) and tried to convince you it was legit..

Arika
Oct 11, 2009, 01:04 AM
I didn't know Dreamcast time, but I know the Gamecube time was suck enough that they made v1.1 disk and clean all the data.

I were there too, nobody is hunting for anything because somebody give free duplicated godly items for everybody. Ship 9 block 9 or something, if I remember it correctly. In the other hand, most of the JP players only use suck weapons, because they play it legibly.

DAMASCUS
Oct 11, 2009, 01:11 AM
It seems like it would be possible if they went regional for a future PS online game that each region could have a wall. If something happened in one region that could negatively effect the others then they would immediately institute a short maintenance to raise the wall around them until the problem can be isolated and resolved.

error 060/065 of course, is indicative of the larger problem in that all regions would have to be maintained equally with the JP side and that would mean taking a huge risk that Phantasy Star could be just as popular in other parts of the world; read: it could be.

Keilyn
Oct 11, 2009, 01:28 AM
I didn't know Dreamcast time, but I know the Gamecube time was suck enough that they made v1.1 disk and clean all the data.

I were there too, nobody is hunting for anything because somebody give free duplicated godly items for everybody. Ship 9 block 9 or something, if I remember it correctly. In the other hand, most of the JP players only use suck weapons, because they play it legibly.

You missed the worse of it all.

In dreamcast time...players would drop their meseta and weapon when they died...So players would gameshark four items that would give a character a negative MST stat combined with large HP and TP...

...They would walk into rooms, cast Resta and kill everyone but themselves in the party, then take your weapons and meseta and leave the room.

xgp
Oct 11, 2009, 02:53 AM
yup am 60ed to and i just got back lol

Gunslinger-08
Oct 11, 2009, 04:07 AM
yup am 60ed to and i just got back lol

Whoa! Blast from the past. It's refreshing to see some old faces returning, even in spite of the fact that Sega can't quite get everything right.

Keilyn
Oct 11, 2009, 04:23 AM
Everyone, LOG IN NOW......I was able to just make it...

You won't know if the server will fail later so take your chance now that you have a window. ^_^

Gunslinger-08
Oct 11, 2009, 04:32 AM
Everyone, LOG IN NOW......I was able to just make it...

You won't know if the server will fail later so take your chance now that you have a window. ^_^

Excellent! I just got in. :D

Matic
Oct 11, 2009, 06:35 AM
You missed the worse of it all.

In dreamcast time...players would drop their meseta and weapon when they died...So players would gameshark four items that would give a character a negative MST stat combined with large HP and TP...

...They would walk into rooms, cast Resta and kill everyone but themselves in the party, then take your weapons and meseta and leave the room.

Don't forget Nol!

Gunslinger-08
Oct 11, 2009, 06:52 AM
Sure sounds like we've come a long way since the DC days.

Oh, and I just switched characters, so I think the servers are fully back online.

GinEternal
Oct 11, 2009, 07:42 AM
Error 60 all weekend on my only time off from work. Thank you you Sega for improving my already waning interest in this poorly run game. Who do I contact to get this **** resolved?? **** !!!!

Gunslinger-08
Oct 11, 2009, 07:44 AM
Error 60 all weekend on my only time off from work. Thank you you Sega for improving my already waning interest in this poorly run game. Who do I contact to get this **** resolved?? **** !!!!

It's still not working for you? It seems like the few people who are up are having no trouble logging in.

Mystic_Nessly
Oct 11, 2009, 07:48 AM
Sure sounds like we've come a long way since the DC days.

Oh, and I just switched characters, so I think the servers are fully back online.

I just tried several times with delays and error 60 messages.

Rhea-Licious
Oct 11, 2009, 07:54 AM
Heya guys, just got home from shopping and dinner was hoping the lil error 060 was resolved.... but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa looks like this rainy weekend wont see any psu fun ><. Hmmmm must find something else to do :D and Hiya Rhea hows u :)

Well hey there Candi, sorry for the late reply; I was at work overnight at my second job. When I got home I was able to go online. However...after TAing with Zizan, Rau, and Bobby; I WAS gonna switch onto my CAST but I got hit with that damn error again. So if anyone who sees this post, please let them know that's why I wasn't able to come back right away. :(

Keilyn
Oct 11, 2009, 07:56 AM
Thank you Rhea, I will stay logged on...doing ET runs.

Edit: I have relayed the message to everyone I have who has lit cards on my list. I'm sure they will spread the message throughout the server.

God_Shiden
Oct 11, 2009, 08:22 AM
Curses! 30mins 2 late....curse you sleep >.<

EDIT: GET ON NOW PEOPLE

DeZZ
Oct 11, 2009, 09:07 AM
I was able to sign on...now's the time!!

DAMASCUS
Oct 11, 2009, 09:22 AM
I was just able to log in at 7:20 am PST. No logging out today ;) Newman males have the 3 stars if you care about it...

MAJOR edit: Thats very strange but my luck just went down to 1 for no reason. Anyone else see this?? btw, I was not online yesterday at all so its not lady luck wearing off either. The forecast even says 3* on the main page!!

Kinako78
Oct 11, 2009, 10:00 AM
I'm back on, too. And yeah, DAMASCUS, the same thing happened to me. The site says male beasts have 0 luck, but mine has 1. Oddly, PSUpedia says they have 3. So now I gotta go through all my characters, I guess.

Mystic_Nessly
Oct 11, 2009, 10:15 AM
It's working for me too now. In case it goes down again, I'd suggest logging and staying on!

Kinako78
Oct 11, 2009, 10:20 AM
Ok, I'm officially logged in now and I'm gonna stay on as long as possible. Especially since I most likely won't be able to tomorrow due to bad weather.

Powder Keg
Oct 11, 2009, 11:11 AM
If you played PSO when all the servers were linked on Dreamcast...where i spent most of my time in the Japanese servers and saw what Americans and Europeans did...I would also have made the choice to seperate the servers too...

I'm not a Japanophile by any means, but the reason I started playing in Japanese servers was because on the American side of things players loved Duplicating and spreading items endlessly...hell they even gamesharked the game to create items that if you use and log out your character's data would corrupt.

I wanted to play legit and European players would always talk about how they were all about playing legit in their own inner circles, but when push came to shove..they had the same duplicated junk..(level 999 Opa-Opa anyone?) and tried to convince you it was legit..

You think no one on JP cheated? This is old news anyway, whatever cheating occured in PSU is absolutely nothing compared to what happened in PSO.

----

My sub ends on the 13th, and I'm going to leave it that way. Some people may be able to log on now but the problem will still happen all weekend and throw people off of the server anyway. This game just needs to die ASAP and the next game needs to come along and hopefully be done correctly.

Arika
Oct 11, 2009, 11:49 AM
The next game won't come until it reach 5 years of promise time anyway.
they already prepared PSP:2 for you to play that while waiting the next gen one.

Powder Keg
Oct 11, 2009, 12:06 PM
The next game won't come until it reach 5 years of promise time anyway.
they already prepared PSP:2 for you to play that while waiting the next gen one.

No thanks, I prefer a population of some sort. PSP:2 won't have that.

RemiusTA
Oct 11, 2009, 01:09 PM

Just because they did it outside the language barrier of you knowing doesnt mean it never happened.

Mimo
Oct 11, 2009, 01:57 PM
060, where we're forced to click 'retry' like hobos hopping on trains. B)

but seriously, get on now! xD

Gilbert_owen_deming
Oct 11, 2009, 02:50 PM
Im guessing the 060 Error is gone now? Cause i never had it. I just re-newed my Account 2 days ago and i had no problems Logging in. Guess i was lucky.

Kinako78
Oct 11, 2009, 03:37 PM
This game just needs to die ASAP and the next game needs to come along and hopefully be done correctly.

No, the game doesn't need to die. The game itself is a lot of fun. It's the mechanical and technical problems that are a pain.

Dragwind
Oct 11, 2009, 03:45 PM
Error 60 seems to be gone for now.

DeZZ
Oct 11, 2009, 03:56 PM

...but it'll be back!!

Allison_W
Oct 11, 2009, 04:43 PM
No thanks, I prefer a population of some sort. PSP:2 won't have that.

Considering PSP sold reasonably well here even with only crappy adhoc support, leaked marketing notes suggest that Sega's actually kicking around the idea of even going so far as to market PSP2 outside of Japan, and PSP2's online mode will have no subscription fee (meaning those who get the game will have little reason not to get online if they have the ability to do so), I'd say the evidence suggests its population won't be too shabby.

Keilyn
Oct 11, 2009, 06:46 PM
I never said that the Japanese as a whole did not cheat. You made that assumption of me.... Players are always going to find some easy way around....however I preferred to play with a population where the least amount of cheating was likely...

Powder Keg
Oct 11, 2009, 08:43 PM
I never said that the Japanese as a whole did not cheat. You made that assumption of me.... Players are always going to find some easy way around....however I preferred to play with a population where the least amount of cheating was likely...

I know, I didn't either. So, do you mean play with a population with the least amount of cheating, or a population where you really have no idea if they're cheating or not because you can't understand them? There were plenty of cheaters on the JP side as well. Only difference was that actual support existed for them.

Keilyn
Oct 11, 2009, 11:01 PM
I know, I didn't either. So, do you mean play with a population with the least amount of cheating, or a population where you really have no idea if they're cheating or not because you can't understand them? There were plenty of cheaters on the JP side as well. Only difference was that actual support existed for them.

I can understand Japanese.

Kinako78
Oct 12, 2009, 03:04 PM
Considering PSP sold reasonably well here even with only crappy adhoc support, leaked marketing notes suggest that Sega's actually kicking around the idea of even going so far as to market PSP2 outside of Japan, and PSP2's online mode will have no subscription fee (meaning those who get the game will have little reason not to get online if they have the ability to do so), I'd say the evidence suggests its population won't be too shabby.

Which means I'll have to figure out how to get my router to cooperate with my PSP. XD

RemiusTA
Oct 13, 2009, 02:21 AM

Sorry, but it always comes back.

Just like Herpes.