PDA

View Full Version : is there going to be a new expansion for psu?

Marthfox
Oct 11, 2009, 12:31 PM
I am just wondering like I quit this game like a year ago and i was thinking of coming back on. but im just wondering is there ever going to be a 3rd expansion for this game?

RemiusTA
Oct 11, 2009, 12:37 PM
With PSP2 coming out, it would only be fair for them to release another expansion, but seeing as they dont care much for this version, expect them to drip-feed us new weapons and call it a day.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 11, 2009, 12:38 PM
There's still a supplemental update, which will probably be the closest thing to an expansion.

I'd say there should still be new stuff to be released/added in, since we still have all this uranseline and chronoseline laying around.

Volcompat321
Oct 11, 2009, 12:38 PM
Very doubtful.
Though some consider PS:Portable 2 an expansion of sorts.

It has things PSU (JP and US/EU), new game features, and whatnot.
It's pretty much a new game.

There will probably not be a PSU expansion, at least not sometime in the near future.
Though I cannot confirm this, because I'm no SEGA official.
And if you ask anyone that works for SEGA, they'd probably not tell us/and you anything because it would be a secret! :o :D

landman
Oct 11, 2009, 12:41 PM
If we are going to be feed PSP, PSP2, PSŲ and contest weapons for the next years, I hope they plan on releasing new stages too, and some substantial content...

Marthfox
Oct 11, 2009, 12:42 PM
o ok thank you for the info. i was also wondering is beast still like the best? i hated that beast pretty much took over everything in party's because of there strength. im just wondering are they still like top and the best class still?

Volcompat321
Oct 11, 2009, 12:48 PM
There is no best.
You have to take in which class you want to play, what type of weps, and what you prefer.
Each race (besides humans...jk) have their own thing they are good at.

RemiusTA
Oct 11, 2009, 01:04 PM
There's still a supplemental update, which will probably be the closest thing to an expansion.

I'd say there should still be new stuff to be released/added in, since we still have all this uranseline and chronoseline laying around.

Oh yeah this just reminded me, the first SUPER update we're supposed to be getting is still forever ways off, and it should have come out ages ago. If another update for PSP2 comes out, im sure its so far off it'd be slated for 2011.

This version of PSU is dead.

Allison_W
Oct 11, 2009, 05:02 PM
Oh yeah this just reminded me, the first SUPER update we're supposed to be getting is still forever ways off, and it should have come out ages ago. If another update for PSP2 comes out, im sure its so far off it'd be slated for 2011.

This version of PSU is dead.

From the current update (or its closest approximation, at least), I believe JP had to wait five months and a week to the supplemental update. If the current trend of catch-up updates continues, I estimate we'll have it in three to four months, though that's a fairly optimistic figure.

Also, the game isn't dead. It's dying. The lethal damage has been done, and the prognosis is ultimately poor, but the servers haven't been shut down yet and some of us are still playing--we even get new people from time to time. That said, part of me wouldn't mind the closing of the official PSU servers and the subsequent creation of private ones coming sooner rather than later.

Tek[+]Lok
Oct 11, 2009, 06:18 PM
I think it would be fair that when they shut down the PSU servers that they release a free dedicated server application for use to download. Like "Hey thanks for playing but sorry we have to shut down the servers, here's the tools needed to make your own!"

Ellea
Oct 11, 2009, 08:22 PM
Pretty much called the Supplemental Update. That's the closest thing we're going to get to a true expansion, I think.

Pob
Oct 12, 2009, 02:46 PM
The Supplemental Update hasn't been announced for us yet, and considering the current server population, I can't see it making any economic sense for them to do it.

Vickie
Oct 12, 2009, 06:31 PM
do ya think that psp2 will be good to play online? if it can even be played online i havent looked into it at all so i dunno, but i mean like REEEEEEAAAALY play it online Religiously like the console version?

Shadow Slayer
Oct 12, 2009, 10:47 PM
hey vickie arent you that small cast acrofighter that i see around all over the place on the 360 servers

RemiusTA
Oct 13, 2009, 02:18 AM
From the current update (or its closest approximation, at least), I believe JP had to wait five months and a week to the supplemental update. If the current trend of catch-up updates continues, I estimate we'll have it in three to four months, though that's a fairly optimistic figure.

Also, the game isn't dead. It's dying. The lethal damage has been done, and the prognosis is ultimately poor, but the servers haven't been shut down yet and some of us are still playing--we even get new people from time to time. That said, part of me wouldn't mind the closing of the official PSU servers and the subsequent creation of private ones coming sooner rather than later.

Nope. Its dead already. This game has reached the point of no return -- the event horizon, if you will. It may get a few more flashes and spins, but for the most part its doomed. This game is about one more two more 060 error breakouts and screwed updates away from being completely milked of its population. 90% of the newbies dont stay for (at MOST) 2 subscription months before they have played all there is to play and quit. (not that his game has no content, its chocked full of content. Just not much to enjoy unless you love to solo.)

there isnt even a real reason for us to GET anymore updates -- our population is so pathetic its almost not worth the effort. The only reason they're even gonna bother with this shit is the fact that this update also incorporates Guardians Cash, which will bring in more revenue than the $10 subscription ever could, as long as a good group of people want to pay them.

I'd just look forward to PSP2. And if you arent looking forward to that, you can cross your fingers and PRAY Sega will stop being assholes and actually put some time into a REAL console version of this game. (There is no reason PSP should have less technical problems than PSU 360. No fucking reason at all.)

Tetsaru
Oct 13, 2009, 02:51 AM
Nope. Its dead already. This game has reached the point of no return -- the event horizon, if you will. It may get a few more flashes and spins, but for the most part its doomed. This game is about one more two more 060 error breakouts and screwed updates away from being completely milked of its population. 90% of the newbies dont stay for (at MOST) 2 subscription months before they have played all there is to play and quit. (not that his game has no content, its chocked full of content. Just not much to enjoy unless you love to solo.)

there isnt even a real reason for us to GET anymore updates -- our population is so pathetic its almost not worth the effort. The only reason they're even gonna bother with this shit is the fact that this update also incorporates Guardians Cash, which will bring in more revenue than the $10 subscription ever could, as long as a good group of people want to pay them.

I'd just look forward to PSP2. And if you arent looking forward to that, you can cross your fingers and PRAY Sega will stop being assholes and actually put some time into a REAL console version of this game. (There is no reason PSP should have less technical problems than PSU 360. No fucking reason at all.)

I have to agree, there just isn't much hope left for PSU anymore because Sega continues to not give us what the game needs on a regular basis, and that's MEANINGFUL BALANCES AND CONTENT, as well as proper management of the billing servers to make sure people can get online in the first place. We need the supplemental update, the GAS system, and missions that are more than just "kill everything." What we DON'T need are events that rehash old maps and bosses, or new mission difficulties of old missions that aren't even scaled to the current level cap, and merely provide new items for people to play with and make the game easier than it already is. People, these updates have been LOOONG overdue, and as long as Sega keeps derping out on us like this, people are just going to lose interest and quit like I did, unless they're just hardcore fans.

PSU doesn't need a new expansion; PSU needs to just die so that (hopefully) Sega can learn from its mistakes and create another CURRENT-GEN Phantasy Star MMORPG game that ISN'T DEVELOPED BY SONIC TEAM and might actually keep players entertained. Granted though, I don't even have much hope for them to do that either... every time I look at Sega and Sonic Team nowadays, I just see disappointment and bad game design that doesn't reflect what gamers really want. They'd have to do something miraculous to earn back my respect now, because they just aren't the company they used to be...

Allison_W
Oct 13, 2009, 03:08 AM
We've heard the rants before. You don't need to repeat yourselves.

Also, I didn't say the game could be saved. I said that it's dying in the same sense a patient who can't be saved still isn't dead until the brainscan comes back with nothing.

That said, while I have no plans to walk out just because the game is on an inevitable slide towards the end (most games can be expected to end eventually, after all), I'm still looking ahead to what comes afterwards--because I know that end is coming, and that the really big changes will come in what comes after PSU's official demise here and not before. Those things would be PSP2 (well, that might actually come before the death certificate is signed), the (hopeful) coming of private PSU servers after the official ones close down, and whatever online, home console/PC installments might come after PSU. Those are frankly the best things on the horizon, just not the most immediate.

Vickie
Oct 13, 2009, 06:35 PM
hey vickie arent you that small cast acrofighter that i see around all over the place on the 360 servers

Shouting "Acrofighter Supremacy!" ?, yup that's me

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 13, 2009, 07:05 PM
stop playing for a year, and there is your expansion...because when i got back after a year there where heaps of new stuff.