PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving to Alaska-

Volcompat321
Oct 11, 2009, 12:41 PM
Anyone know if they gots internets up there?

I'll also need some cold weather clothes.

Seriously, I hate Florida's heat. I want to move to Alaska ASAP.
Gimme cold now!

Okay, seriously again, I really plan on moving there, but of course I have to save up to transport all my stuff.
I'm half way saved up, I think.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 11, 2009, 01:05 PM
Okay, seriously again, I really plan on moving there, but of course I have to save up to transport all my stuff.
I'm half way saved up, I think.
Talk about a drastic humidity shift. Also, Alaska be bigger than Texas but nobody knows that or maybe its not true...

If you pick the wrong mover co. half your stuff shows up, the ironic headache bitter honest truth, brought to you by Negative Nancy drinking a half empty glass.

Volcompat321
Oct 11, 2009, 01:18 PM
I don't have many things to begin with.
I'm one of those people that can be happy with a lawn chair, a table made of crates, and a be made of the floor and a pillow and 1 blanket.

Though that might be tough in the cold.

I'll most likely bring my beautiful TV, Ps3, laptop(well, when I get the new one), and my cell phone.
Gimme internet, electricity, and heat, I'll be aiight.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 11, 2009, 01:21 PM
You would benefit from an electric space heater even just in the bed area until the gas/thermostat goes up.

That, or the infamous propane and their accessories.

Moving might make you aware you have more junk than you realize, or also find those lost socks. A real "A HA!" moment before you throw away the mothball bug ridden fruit of the looms/hanes.

Outrider
Oct 11, 2009, 10:19 PM
I think the important question is: why?

Volcompat321
Oct 11, 2009, 11:01 PM
Why?
Easy, because honestly, I cannot stand the heat.
Almost where I literally set my schedule, (work and social) around the night time because it's that little tiny bit cooler.
Even then the humidity is so ridiculously high, it's ridiculous!
Also, I've been saying I want to move to Alaska since I was like 6, even before I moved down here to Florida.
I'm from Boston, it's hot there about 3 weeks a year, and there is almost less than 10% humidity compared to Florida's 97% humidity.

There is nothing here in Florida for me, I've tried, and didn't like anything about it.
I've lived here going on 13 years, so most of my life, and I just bring myself to like it.

I want to move up to Alaska because I love the wilderness, and the cold. I mean so cold I need clothes to keep me warm.
I keep my room at around 65 degrees (using an air conditioner unit in my window).
I also love the snow. I visit up north every year to see the snow, and of course family. :D

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 12, 2009, 02:12 AM
Alaska's fighting game matchup meet and greet thread on that infamous Shoryuken.com is both so bad and so good.

"Juneau AK, where the b*tches be cold as ice!"