PDA

View Full Version : Friend Codes required to play online with random people?

Ybrik222
Oct 12, 2009, 09:58 PM
Are Friend Codes required to play online with random people and / or chat with them using the drawing tools?

I REALLY HOPE NOT.

Amherst_Wind
Oct 13, 2009, 08:28 AM
You can play online with random people without friend codes however you won't have any way to communicate with them other than set phrases "Hello" "Lets go" etc.
After you play a random game with someone you can exchange friend codes at this point.

If you have someones friend code, you can check to see if they are online, join their game if they are online and you will have access to the drawing tool to write messages or use your own shortcuts.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 13, 2009, 09:38 AM
How do I even check my code? I was thinkin of posting it on here when I got it.

Amherst_Wind
Oct 13, 2009, 10:01 AM
Once you've connected to the internet the first time to get your friend code, theres a menu option in the game where you can: check your friend code, add someone elses friend code and check your list of other peoples friend codes.

xSHiNOx
Oct 13, 2009, 02:21 PM
After you play a random game with someone you can exchange friend codes at this point.

what? i dont remember this. how can you add someone from a random game if they dont know you added them? i am sure you can only add people when you are playing a friend code game but not a random game

Amherst_Wind
Oct 13, 2009, 02:25 PM
what? i dont remember this. how can you add someone from a random game if they dont know you added them? i am sure you can only add people when you are playing a friend code game but not a random game

I'm not 100% certain but I think theres some way to exchange friend codes after random games.

If you were playing a friend code game you wouldn't need to add them, you would aready have it... you need their friend code to be playing a friend code game in the first place.

xSHiNOx
Oct 13, 2009, 08:08 PM
no i am 100% sure you cant add random people on random wifi. how would they know you added them if they dont add you? if both players dont add each other then it would be pointless.

during a friend code game, you can add people you dont know. example; you are friends with billy and you join his group. he has two other friends you arent registered with or know them. you start the game, press start, go to friend code menu and choose to add them. tell them to do the same thing.

Mike
Oct 13, 2009, 08:16 PM
I'm not 100% certain but I think theres some way to exchange friend codes after random games.
There's a way to rate players after playing in a random game to increase or decrease the chance of playing with said person again during a different random game but there's no way exchange codes with random players.

You can exchange codes through a friend code game in the case that you aren't the host but that's it.

Amherst_Wind
Oct 13, 2009, 08:23 PM
Ah, I knew there was something you could do in random. My mistake.

kirtblue
Oct 14, 2009, 11:56 PM
im still waiting for the us version but i thought i would chime in my two cents about the official friend code list though it dont look like its updated often