PDA

View Full Version : PC New to PSU

Kelador
Oct 14, 2009, 05:53 AM
Hi i got Psu portable for the psp and thought it was great and well came across PSU and AOTI for the pc in a shop for a few pounds each and picked them up. So i have a few questions as im confused lol.

To start of i didn't know that i didn't need the orignal PSU game i thought AOTI was an exanpsion pack so this is where im confused i want to play online so do i load the AOTI network mode to play online and if i do does that mean i dont have access to parts of the online content related to the orignal PSU do i have load PSU to play some online stuff and load PSU: AOTI to play other stuff...

Also can i transfer my offline character (extra mode one) to the online portion of the game or do i need to start a new character to use online?

Shoot me :-?

Keilyn
Oct 14, 2009, 06:11 AM
AoTI is a stand-alone expansion.

You can't transfer extra-mode characters...In short you will have to start over online.

Kelador
Oct 14, 2009, 06:29 AM
OK thanks what about content (missions etc) do you have access to all of the online content or do you have to load PSU for some area's/content and AOTI for others?

Keilyn
Oct 14, 2009, 06:44 AM
AoTI takes the missions from the original PSU and expands on them. It has all the content of the two games except the style of the way the game was before AoTI. You can access both mission sets from AoTI + the extra content added since then to the network mode.

AoTI added a lot of things and with it you can run the Episode 2 Story Mode offline, but PSU itself is for Episode 1. So you can simply play the game and you don't need the disk in the DVD drive.

You will however need to go to Sega's Billing Site and make an account. You do have a trial period which is good, but I think it still requires you to put one month up front just in case.

Trust me when I tell you that you want to have AoTI as the game to come online with. Oh yes...one last thing. If you come online once with AoTI, PSUv1 can not be used to access the same account online. Conversion is only one-way.

Oh yes...I almost forgot..AoTI doesn't have an Extra Mode because the Point of view of the story is from the eyes of the character you create.

Kelador
Oct 14, 2009, 07:11 AM
Yeah paying is not a problem well.... It might be i keept getting an error

"The information you have provided is not consistent with your payment request."

and it just says failed under the purchases tab lol.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 14, 2009, 07:30 AM
I would double-check your info, then wait a couple of days. The billing server's been acting weird lately.

Kelador
Oct 14, 2009, 07:34 AM
I would double-check your info, then wait a couple of days. The billing server's been acting weird lately.

Yeah double checked, it just shows it failed 3 times will give sega support an email and leave see what happens.

Tetsaru
Oct 14, 2009, 07:55 AM
Welcome to PSO-World, Kelador. :3

PSP, from what I've played of it anyway, was a fun game that fixed a lot of problems that were apparent in PSU/AotI, and here's to hoping PSP2 will be even better...

...That said (not trying to drive you away, just trying to warn you), PSU itself has been facing a lot of recurring problems that Sega/Sonic Team simply just don't seem to address quickly or accurately enough, and billing errors has been one of those problems lately... just read up on any of the Error 60/65 threads that pop up regularly around here (or any of my own rants, for that matter =P).

Granted, since you're new, there will be plenty of things for you to do in-game, and PSU desperately needs more players, but if you're more of a hardcore gamer rather than a casual gamer, like me, once you've maxed at least one character, you'll be bored out of your mind and/or questioning the balancing issues of the game... and to avoid people griping at me, I'll just leave it at that; like I said, you can read my own rants if you want and interpret them as you will.

Overall though, if PSP actually had online support (not just ad-hoc multiplayer), imo it'd be the better game to play, and they say that PSP2 WILL be fully online, if I read correctly. I won't stop you from trying out PSU if you wish, but be warned that the game IS dying out simply because of Sega's poor management and drop-feeding method of releasing content to us compared to Japan... :confused:

GH499
Oct 14, 2009, 08:29 AM
No wonder that the population here never get better.
Every thread about "Hello, I m new players" or "Hi, I m back"
somebody will say "I warn you.." or "you rather come to xbox"

Tetsaru
Oct 14, 2009, 08:41 AM
No wonder that the population here never get better.
Every thread about "Hello, I m new players" or "Hi, I m back"
somebody will say "I warn you.." or "you rather come to xbox"

Well, I don't know about you, but I'd like to be warned about the current state of a P2P MMO before deciding to put money into it. I know it's his own money to spend, but still...

Hell, if Error #insert-random-number-here is still going on, he might be billed for his account but not even be able to log on in the first place. Now how fucked up would that be?? :confused:

Kelador
Oct 14, 2009, 08:59 AM
Nope doesn't put me off, I like to try things and make my own opinions but i also welcome others advice/opinions too, I've read up on the offical forums and im aware of the population/server/game problems. I read somewhere too that the reason the JP version has better support allround is because it has a bigger active subscription base than the us/europe version which is a strange way to treat i game i know. Anyway i will give it a go if i can manage to pay for a subscription until then im enjoying the single player story mode off psu.

Tried again and it worked this time lol so im now online grinding away lol

pinkace
Oct 14, 2009, 03:51 PM
Well, I don't know about you, but I'd like to be warned about the current state of a P2P MMO before deciding to put money into it. I know it's his own money to spend, but still...

Hell, if Error #insert-random-number-here is still going on, he might be billed for his account but not even be able to log on in the first place. Now how fucked up would that be?? :confused:

I think that for someone to start now would be a pretty good move. You will have tons of content for several months, before you get to be high-level enough to say "ok, I need something new"

Frosty7645
Oct 14, 2009, 04:20 PM
well kelador my names rob its nice to meet you if you want to do runs just pm me an i may or may not get back to you...im stuck on aion atm...lol

Kelador
Oct 14, 2009, 04:54 PM
well kelador my names rob its nice to meet you if you want to do runs just pm me an i may or may not get back to you...im stuck on aion atm...lol

Lol np, well yes its dead online but then all of a sudden there was about 15 people on lol got in a party and did some runs was alot of fun.

If only i could work out how to setup my xbox controller to work properly still having to use the keyboard for things has the triggers seem to control the camera instead of the Z button for accepting invites etc.

Tetsaru
Oct 14, 2009, 05:46 PM
Lol np, well yes its dead online but then all of a sudden there was about 15 people on lol got in a party and did some runs was alot of fun.

If only i could work out how to setup my xbox controller to work properly still having to use the keyboard for things has the triggers seem to control the camera instead of the Z button for accepting invites etc.

Well, as long as you're having fun, that's all that should matter, really. I guess in some ways it's good to start an MMO late during its lifetime, so that most of the bugs and stuff are worked out, and there's plenty to do (sorta like how I did with FF11), but then again, you also run the risk of the game not being as popular or dying out because of other games... *keeps his eye on FF14* I still think PSU has too many issues that have been unaddressed that could make it SOOOO much more enjoyable, but I guess I just have to accept that and move on... nothing I can really do about it except rant, get enough people to agree with me, and hope someone who helps make these games catches wind of it and gets a clue. :razz:

Concerning the Z button thing, I could've sworn you had to go to your in-game options and set your Controls option to Keyboard instead of Controller, iirc... either that, or it was the other way around. I know it sounds weird, but I remember encountering the same problem, and you should still be able to use your controller for moving your character, and your keyboard for chatting... or however you want to configure it. Also, I think you have to download a specific plug-in for the trigger buttons if you're using an Xbox 360 controller. I also used one for PSU, but I did fine without them. Still, two extra buttons are two extra buttons.