PDA

View Full Version : Please help. Im sorry.

StonedGrover
Feb 23, 2003, 07:31 AM
Hi there. I am sorry to do this, and I am actually quite embarrassed. I got FSOD last night during the 2nd save, and I lost it all. I am restarting my FOmarl.

I need your help. I need a mind mag, and some good units. god mind, god hp, techs, you know the stuff.. I dont care if they are dupes. I had almost 450 hours into the game, and I lost it because they didnt want cheating. I was aout 98% legit. except for my psycho wand, whih i tarded legit stuff for. I lost my legit god ability, god mind, god hp, luminous field, ect..

anyway.. If there is anyone out there who can help me out, I would GReATLY appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

-Josh =(

StonedGrover
Feb 23, 2003, 01:27 PM
=(

Zeeroo
Feb 23, 2003, 01:32 PM
I would have replied and offered you stuff, but I don't have a Fo char that has anything that I could offer to you.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 23, 2003, 03:11 PM
Do refrain from calling yourself anything legit related. That 98% is crap. You're either legit or you're a cheater. You knowingly chose to keep a duped item, and as far as I'm concerned, you deserved whatever happened to you.

Davion
Feb 23, 2003, 03:19 PM
On 2003-02-23 12:11, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Do refrain from calling yourself anything legit related. That 98% is crap. You're either legit or you're a cheater. You knowingly chose to keep a duped item, and as far as I'm concerned, you deserved whatever happened to you.

Look Phal, We all know you hate dupes. That's fine. Just lay off will you? The only people who "deserve" to lose their characters are people who CK and such.

I respect you for being legit and all, just get off your high horse, and stop with dumb comments like that.

StonedGrover
Feb 23, 2003, 03:20 PM
good to see you too phalanx!! good luck with that anus cancer! let us know how that clears up for you.

=)

Kupi
Feb 23, 2003, 04:00 PM
Phalanx, please try to lay off just a bit. The guy just A) lost a character, B) played legit but for one weapon that, so far as I can see, may or may not even be a dupe, and C) is a nice guy in any case. I hardly see where you get your reasoning that he "deserved" to lose 450 hours of work. He does not dupe personally, and so far as I know never CKed, NOLed, PKed, or did anything anal like that in the DC versions. If that kind of person deserves to lose everything, you aren't safe from the retribution of FSOD corruption either.

Grover, I sent you a PM listing what I'm willing to give you.

StonedGrover
Feb 23, 2003, 05:41 PM
Thanks guys =)

and no i have never done anything but try and help people and have fun.

pixelate
Feb 23, 2003, 05:42 PM
Give it a rest, everyone.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 23, 2003, 06:39 PM
Nice one. No doubt that comments reflect your intelligence, especially when there's on such thing as cancer of the anus.

Yes, he does deserve it. Double save is in place to help stop duping. He had a duped item. I think it worked out.

Duping is cheating, and cheating is cheating.

In the end, he was part of what forced ST to implement the save system in the first place. He has no one else than himself to blame.

TheHulk4
Feb 23, 2003, 06:50 PM
Hey TeamPhalanx, I think its going to be pretty funny when you loose your characters and all of your work to corruption.
Maybe then you'll realize how much it sucks.

And I was wondering, do you ever trade people? You must trade some people thats why your in the trade forums. You have no way of knowing that you don't have any dupes.

And the only way you could call yourself the "Last Legit Player" is to not trade with anyone and find everything yourself. But if this is you and you don't trade then GET OUT of the trade forums and leave him and everyone alone

halfmex
Feb 23, 2003, 06:53 PM
Oh, jesus. Yes, let's justify shitty programming with the allmighty Sonic Team and their "finger of God" approach to patching the duping bug. Phalanx, tell me something oh prince/princess of legitness. If/when you receive an FSOD and lose all of your legit items, characters and time poured into this game, are you going to complain or sit back and say "well, I guess that was just sonic team's way of weeding out dupers" and start all over? Even with the ignorant comments you've made on this thread, I STILL don't wish FSOD on you. Losing that much time and effort shouldn't happen to anyone, and Sonic Team will learn this at some point (probably when we have more MORPG choices than PSO and EQOA).

TeamPhalanx
Feb 23, 2003, 07:01 PM
Actually, since you've mentioned it, I have lost characters before.

And, you know what, since I have values and stuff, I didn't resort to cheating. To do so would be to ignore who I am. This is why I commonly ask some people why they don't cheat. Is it just to be called a legit (as is case with most) or is it something with more substance?

Also, do refrain from making comments about legits, Hulk; obviously, you've no clue the many reasons behind why one is legit.

bluefall
Feb 23, 2003, 07:03 PM
Guys i dont want to stand up for Phalanx, but he gets attacked everywhere he goes just becasue hes a little anal about dupes. The only reason Phalanx gets shited on all the time is because he comes in and rats on everyone who has a duped item. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH TRADING! There is something wrong with duping, and with phalanx, though. I trade and i trade for items that i know r Dupes. OK, maybe im supporting duping a little by buying their duped things, but im just playing the game and trading. I love to trade and im not gonna stop just because off doublesave bug and people like u phalanx. By the way, u said u got FSOD, or cprupted last night. Sorry budy but they fixed the doublesave bug. Your either shiting us our ur a very,very unfortunate person.

Kupi
Feb 23, 2003, 07:07 PM
Bluefall: It's not fixed. People are still getting corrupted. What PSOW mentioned on the news was simply was Sonic Team told them, not fact. (Unfortunately, the two cannot be correlated.)

TeamPhalanx
Feb 23, 2003, 07:15 PM
Well, you got it right half-way, blue.

There is a trade window in the game. This means that ST is encouraging players to trade. So, there - There's nothing wrong with trading. That part you got right.

As for the part... there is no maybe. If you have dupes, you're hurting the game, and being a major pain to ST. ST has gone to great extent to no have cheating in the game, unforunately, those that prioritize greed above simple honesty chose to ignore this.

TheHulk4
Feb 23, 2003, 07:54 PM
TeamPhalanx I'm sorry about what I said about wanting you to get corrupted, didn't mean it. I'm just saying that when I/most people make a trade all they are after is the item they're looking for. I had played offline for hundred plus hours and recently came online with my 100% legit items to trade for what I couldn't find myself. I go into a trade and have no idea where the item is coming from. This is just a part of the game, the uncertainity of the item your trading for is legit or not and for the most part the rare good items are duped.
I know by the way you stand anyone with a dupe is a cheater but thats messed up to say. I have traded my hard earn finds for something that I wanted. I always make fair trades and now because I wanted an item I couldn't find I'm considered a cheater?

Do you trade? Then you to are a cheater and thats part of the game.

Atari
Feb 23, 2003, 08:20 PM
On 2003-02-23 15:39, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Nice one. No doubt that comments reflect your intelligence, especially when there's on such thing as cancer of the anus.

Yes, he does deserve it. Double save is in place to help stop duping. He had a duped item. I think it worked out.

Duping is cheating, and cheating is cheating.

In the end, he was part of what forced ST to implement the save system in the first place. He has no one else than himself to blame.

wow phalanx thanks for pointing out that cheating is cheating i never knew cheating was acutally cheating! wow you saved my life, your my pso god, geez man lay off just cause he had one item that he had been looking for, to him that item is legit, im sure you in your whole pso experience have had at least 1 duped item, and dont lie and say you didnt cause im sure everyone has

StonedGrover
Feb 23, 2003, 09:48 PM
one would think that phalanx would shut up, because people are sick of hearing him rant about how super cool he is!! but one would be wrong.

how does it feel to have people tell you you're an asshole everywhere you go phalanx?? just curious..

again, to everyone who has offered condolences, or help, YOU are what makes this game great, and fun. it is people.. not items.. you are good people.. thank you.

=)

StonedGrover
Feb 23, 2003, 09:52 PM
oh, abd bluefall.. I am not lying to you. lol..

I got FSOD last nigth during the 2nd save. it was the car horn FSOD, and i lost 2 characters over 100..

dont get duped into a false sense of security.

pixelate
Feb 23, 2003, 10:28 PM
Click this link:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35135&forum=2&20

Happens again, warnings go out.