PDA

View Full Version : PSU How many ppl here have had a PSU wedding?

Pwincess
Oct 14, 2009, 10:53 PM
I just got PSU married yesterday, and it was lot of fun.. I was just wanting to see if we could get a head count of how many people have been married via PSU.

I've been an attendant to 3 in my PSU life-span and then i've only been PSU married once.

Tyreek
Oct 14, 2009, 11:02 PM
I don't know if it counts, but I wedded 2 dear friends of mine months ago. It made me LOL rehearsing the lines.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 15, 2009, 12:27 AM
I married a Koltova

Dragwind
Oct 15, 2009, 12:36 AM
I've seen a few of these before. It usually follows with a barrage of "^_^"

Not my type of PSU gathering. I prefer killing. :ak:

Mike
Oct 15, 2009, 12:41 AM
The only online weddings I like are the ones where jealous spouses log in to their partner's accounts and delete characters.

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 15, 2009, 01:08 AM
I'd love to have one!

Delete
Oct 15, 2009, 01:11 AM
I was asked by a friend of mines to go to his wedding but I was creeped out because there was at least 20 Pink Rappies running around with him. I guess they were really getting into it :lol:

DragonStriker
Oct 15, 2009, 01:48 AM
I got married to Zeru, It was pretty epic if I do say so myself. Had 50-60 people show up although someone forgot to tell Zeru. :) Myself and Drexxin uploaded a lot of pictures and it was kind of funny to see all the people get so into it.

Shou
Oct 15, 2009, 01:54 AM
I'd love to have one!
I'll mail Ceresa now. Let's do this.

Resanoca
Oct 15, 2009, 03:42 AM
Dibs on Flower girl.

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 15, 2009, 03:45 AM
Actually I had someone else in mind...

Allison_W
Oct 15, 2009, 03:46 AM
I'd love to get married someday~

But uhhh I dunno about doing it on PSU that seems kinda goofy to me. Even though I'm pretty sure I attended one before my long hiatus starting when AotI came out. My memory of the event is a little fuzzy; I may have blocked it out.

Yueri
Oct 15, 2009, 07:09 AM
The whole marriage thing... wasn't that a "mission" in PSO by the way?

pinkace
Oct 15, 2009, 11:23 AM
Quick question: do you guys have to sign prenups? does being married mean you share all your rares and meseta? is playing with someone else grounds for divorce?

ashley50
Oct 15, 2009, 12:16 PM
oh, here we goes another.

ThePendragon
Oct 15, 2009, 12:46 PM
I thought this was in reference to real life marriages held in PSU. Marrying characters off . . . well, that's scary.

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2009, 02:02 PM
I've been to a few, and presided over some myself (long time ago, before AotI, mind you). It's a fun time. I've also seen a few "Wedding Crashes", which are some of the funniest experiences I've ever had on PSU.

Airlia
Oct 15, 2009, 03:10 PM
I married Col on New Year's back in 2008. It was was fun and we had a small group of friends attend. I have screenshots in my album lol. I've seen two other weddings and seen those get crashed by randoms. xD

DragonStriker
Oct 15, 2009, 03:26 PM
I've been to a few, and presided over some myself (long time ago, before AotI, mind you). It's a fun time. I've also seen a few "Wedding Crashes", which are some of the funniest experiences I've ever had on PSU.

You are welcome for those experiences. I remember the time I had about 30 people black list me at a wedding. Because I kept referring to the "bride" as a male.

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2009, 03:41 PM
You are welcome for those experiences. I remember the time I had about 30 people black list me at a wedding. Because I kept referring to the "bride" as a male.

Freakin' classic. I remember one time, a group of people made overly obese characters, and put the signature afro/heart glasses combo on them, and preceded to run around the obelisk in Falz Memoria (where the wedding was being held), spamming "THE BRIDE IS A DUDE!".

Absolutely hilarious.

bupjo
Oct 15, 2009, 03:45 PM
i have a real life wife that plays PSU with me on our shared 360, does that count? to each its own, but i never understood online video game marriages. not knocking it, just don't get it. but if it's fun for those that do it, i guess that's cool. nothing beats having the real thing though. but hey that's just me.

Volcompat321
Oct 15, 2009, 03:49 PM
I got married to Zeru, It was pretty epic if I do say so myself. Had 50-60 people show up although someone forgot to tell Zeru. :) Myself and Drexxin uploaded a lot of pictures and it was kind of funny to see all the people get so into it.

I went to that wedding...I think?
I know I went to one and you were there "ruining" it. That was lolable.
Shit, that was back before the Carnival, maybe even as early as Parum GBR.
Cant remember exactly when. It was at the Waterfall, right?

Oh shit, you live like 20 minutes away from me! :o
I've been to just the wedding mentioned above, and would never be in a wedding.
I think that's awkward since 2/3 of my characters are females. (I have 4, but use 2, and one sometimes).

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2009, 03:51 PM
nothing beats having the real thing though.

Most of us here don't know what the real thing is like, and the people that wed their PSU characters is mostly out of fun, or because they're actually real-life boyfriend/girlfriend (which I have seen), that just want to do something they deem "romantic", I suppose.

As you suggested, it's for fun, whatever the reason.

DragonStriker
Oct 15, 2009, 04:22 PM
I went to that wedding...I think?
I know I went to one and you were there "ruining" it. That was lolable.
Shit, that was back before the Carnival, maybe even as early as Parum GBR.
Cant remember exactly when. It was at the Waterfall, right?

Oh shit, you live like 20 minutes away from me! :o
I've been to just the wedding mentioned above, and would never be in a wedding.
I think that's awkward since 2/3 of my characters are females. (I have 4, but use 2, and one sometimes).

Na the Zeru one was different and happened during Festa.

Volcompat321
Oct 15, 2009, 04:40 PM
Ah, you remember the one I was talking about though?
I think that's back when I still didn't like you...maybe.
But that doesn't matter now! :o

Pwincess
Oct 15, 2009, 05:16 PM
My wedding, we asked a player mod to oversee the whole thing, cos there was a group of people who had plans to ruin it. >_<
Buuuut it worked out nicely. And in place of exchanging rings - we exchanged items that meant something to us (I don't plan on telling anyone!!) but it was a lot of fun. =]

The biggest oops was the fact that our priest disconnected a few minutes before the wedding was planned!
On my myspace I even put out an announcement to all of my psu friends:

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/77/l_b4be1bc64a684410b0ad4d2c5fb7a842.jpg

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2009, 05:28 PM
Sounds cool, Pwincess. The invitations are a nice touch. Too bad all but one of my friends quit, because we would always get together and go to watch weddings when we heard about them. I see you picked the Falz Memoria. Such a nice place for a wedding (even though it's kind of ironic what the place actually means, haha).

Pwincess
Oct 15, 2009, 05:36 PM
Hahah true, but yeah it's lovely. We had to change the location at the last moment though, cos the people who had planned to crash the wedding were already waiting there, so we went to the ice plains.
It's too bad I don't have a capture card, cos I would have taken pictures of the whole event xD

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2009, 06:05 PM
Wearing heavy winter coats to a wedding works, too, I guess, haha. Yeah, I also wish I had a capture card, so I could take pictures of my characters/action shots and post them up here, among other places. Oh, well. I hope to see you in-game if you're on the 360 servers (which most people aren't around here, so..)

moomoopenguin
Oct 15, 2009, 06:19 PM
Actually I had someone else in mind...

Wait, wait.... who? Maybe I can arrange something :-)

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 15, 2009, 08:32 PM
Wait, wait.... who? Maybe I can arrange something :-)
Not someone you know.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 15, 2009, 08:44 PM
Not someone you know.

inb4Remedy

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 15, 2009, 09:37 PM
inb4Remedy
Omg sell me your Mei Quick!

SStrikerR
Oct 15, 2009, 09:42 PM
I crashed one a few years ago. I think the people were pretty serious about it, because they were pissed. :wacko:

Danny_Dark
Oct 16, 2009, 11:38 AM
Hmph, There is no need for a Wedding...

Tyreek
Oct 16, 2009, 11:39 AM
Somebody's a loner. ;D

Powder Keg
Oct 16, 2009, 01:06 PM
Was never into this wedding stuff, but I would always call milka my "unofficial psu wife" :o

Akaimizu
Oct 16, 2009, 01:18 PM
I actually had no intentions of making any of my characters have a wedding in PSU. I think I pretty much made them architypes that generally wouldn't. Heck, I wouldn't even marry off Stints (my Sam Elliott cowboy-inspired possible lady-killer(not literally)).

Though if somebody hacked the game just enough so that Tynselle could wear a cowboy hat with her hairstyle, then arrangements would be considered. I want one that bad for her that I'd consider going there. :)

kirtblue
Oct 16, 2009, 09:49 PM
i think its cute but its bad enough getting hit on by men

just because the character is female doesnt mean the person playing is

Pwincess
Oct 16, 2009, 10:14 PM
Hahahah! Well on the 360 - at least theres voice chat. xD

Ecchi
Oct 16, 2009, 10:24 PM
Looking to Marry off my Loli Techer any suitable candidate will suffice, Btw Iam a guy D:!

Allison_W
Oct 16, 2009, 10:25 PM
Voices can be changed, even without special hardware or software. I know from experience.

Looking to Marry off my Loli Techer any suitable candidate will suffice, Btw Iam a guy D:!

pass

BIG OLAF
Oct 16, 2009, 10:28 PM
just because the character is female doesn't mean the person playing is

Boy, do I know the feeling. I feel bad for myself, and anyone else who's main character is a female. I get hit on constantly. I also have gotten many simple mails, some dirty, some not-so-much. Some examples:

"Will you marry me?"
" Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz be my GF!!"
"Ur hot. What's ur phone #?"
"Can I *** on your glasses?" (Because Nassandra almost always has her signature spectacles on)

....and the list goes on. Boy, does it get old.

Allison_W
Oct 16, 2009, 10:36 PM
I get hit on very rarely. Then again, I play on PC/PS2, and both of the characters I play at the moment, Janie and Terra, are kind of butched-out, which I imagine helps to repel such advances.

BIG OLAF
Oct 16, 2009, 10:43 PM
I get hit on very rarely. Then again, I play on PC/PS2, and both of the characters I play at the moment, Janie and Terra, are kind of butched-out, which I imagine helps to repel such advances.

Yes, it probably helps to be "butched-out", but I simply don't like to do that. I keep my ladies as attractive as can be. I guess it's just something to do for me, but I spend a lot of money and time on clothing for my characters. I collect blue/white outfits for Nassandra, and black/purple outfits for Chrissie. None for Aendromeda, since she's a CAST and all.

But, I digress...*cough*

Allison_W
Oct 16, 2009, 10:52 PM
Yes, it probably helps to be "butched-out", but I simply don't like to do that. I keep my ladies as attractive as can be.

I actually think they're good-looking, just not in the way that the random-sexual-advances crowd tends to appreciate.

However, if your girls are in Voloyals, you might want to switch to something else--there's plenty of attractive stuff that's less likely to incite such reactions, like the Formal Set, Formal Dress, Guardians Formal, etc.; that's just for single-item-slot examples.

Ecchi
Oct 16, 2009, 10:55 PM
So what happens if I make all the perverted actions and cause things to transpire? 0_o

Ohwait everyone knows Iam a dude -_-

BIG OLAF
Oct 16, 2009, 10:58 PM
However, if your girls are in Voloyals, you might want to switch to something else--there's plenty of attractive stuff that's less likely to incite such reactions

Yes, I know. I wear the Voloyal Set sometimes, but not predominantly. I usually carry around: 2 "outfits" (1 "outfit" consists of a shirt, a pant, and a shoe item), my Voloyal Set, my Bikini Swimwear, my Mikunas Set, my Mikumiko Set, my GUARDIANS Formal, an sometimes I lug around my Amorosso top & bottoms, as well. I don't think I'm forgetting anything...

But, once again, I digress..*cough*(I'm kind of embarrassed admitting all of this, considering I'm a guy, and it's usually taboo for a male to care so much about his characters looks)*cough*

Ecchi
Oct 16, 2009, 11:02 PM
Yes, I know. I wear the Voloyal Set sometimes, but not predominantly. I usually carry around: 2 "outfits" (1 "outfit" consists of a shirt, a pant, and a shoe item), my Voloyal Set, my Bikini Swimwear, my Mikunas Set, my Mikumiko Set, my GUARDIANS Formal, an sometimes I lug around my Amorosso top & bottoms, as well. I don't think I'm forgetting anything...

But, once again, I digress..*cough*(I'm kind of embarrassed admitting all of this, considering I'm a guy, and it's usually taboo for a male to care so much about his characters looks)*cough*

Aww thats not true I like to make sure my female newman and cast look their finest when they go out shopping on the 3rd floor.

When going out on missions they must look their best as well as we are representing Guardians around the universe.

You know what they say dress to impress! >.>

kirtblue
Oct 16, 2009, 11:13 PM

i disagree i think its only natural for you to want to make your character amazing no matter what your gender is

DreXxiN
Oct 17, 2009, 07:11 AM
I see males that play on females complain an incredible amount of all the flirt/dirty mails they receive. Does playing on an opposite sex character to stare at a virtual (unrealistic, I might add) ass several hours compensate enough to match up to the, apparently, overwhelming annoyance of getting hit on?

It's an honest question.

Keilyn
Oct 17, 2009, 07:57 AM
This popped up years ago with discussion among friends. Here are my thoughts:

"I believe that males have finally started shying away from the stereotypical roles and costumes endured by the gender. In Film, Book, Theater and games, the male seems to adopt a repetitive role. This role is also pushed onto males in the real world as an expected way of life by other males and females.

I see those who play as opposing genders online attempting to satisfy the male/female combination between host and character along with rebelling against the stereotypes. I would also believe that such combination would push the player to treat and take care of their characters a lot closer than matching gender.

I also see the switch and exposure as a chance for one gender to learn about what the opposite has to deal with. ^_^ Try playing a male and running into the lobbies and then do the same as a female...There is a difference there and its nice to see things from the point of view of both genders.

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2009, 09:35 AM
Does playing on an opposite sex character to stare at a virtual (unrealistic, I might add) ass several hours compensate enough to match up to the, apparently, overwhelming annoyance of getting hit on?

It's an honest question.

Firstly, I don't play mostly female characters to "stare at an ass", or whatever. That's childish. So don't accuse me of that, thanks. Secondly, yes, I do think it's worth it, because most of the dirty mails I receive are ridiculous enough to be laughed at.

There's also a statistical reason, as well. Females have more accuracy than males, and being a beast Fortefighter, it helps that I don't hit so many zeroes when attacking.

Lastly, it's just plain ol' more fun and entertaining to be a female on PSU, in my opinion. I've heard that same thing from many other guys as well, both on these forums and in-game. The ladies have much more interesting clothes than the males do. There's the GUARDIANS Formal, which beats the Illuminus Coat by leaps and bounds. The SPF armor looks pretty goofy, too, in comparison to it's counterpart, the Amorosso Top/Bottom. Then, there's the Mikunas Set, which is also pretty cool, and doesn't even have a "male counterpart", much like the Voloyal Set (and that's probably a good thing ^^;). I don't see the males having anything moderately close to what the females have....probably due to the fact most Japanese people are dirty perverts, and PSU is a Japanese-made game, haha.

On a final note, does anyone actually like the male Bikini Swimwear? Because I've never seen it worn (outside of it intended to be a joke).

That's my question.

Allison_W
Oct 17, 2009, 04:09 PM
Firstly, I don't play mostly female characters to "stare at an ass", or whatever. That's childish. So don't accuse me of that, thanks. Secondly, yes, I do think it's worth it, because most of the dirty mails I receive are ridiculous enough to be laughed at.

There's also a statistical reason, as well. Females have more accuracy than males, and being a beast Fortefighter, it helps that I don't hit so many zeroes when attacking.

No, male characters have more accuracy. Male characters get higher HP, ATP, and ATA stats, while female characters get higher DFP, EVP, TP, MST, and STA. Of course, the DFP, MST, and STA boosts aren't bad as a melee... I happen to like playing a female CAST FF and getting the absolute highest DFP value in the game. Still, you're actually getting slightly more goose eggs playing a female character.

Lastly, it's just plain ol' more fun and entertaining to be a female on PSU, in my opinion. I've heard that same thing from many other guys as well, both on these forums and in-game. The ladies have much more interesting clothes than the males do. There's the GUARDIANS Formal, which beats the Illuminus Coat by leaps and bounds. The SPF armor looks pretty goofy, too, in comparison to it's counterpart, the Amorosso Top/Bottom. Then, there's the Mikunas Set, which is also pretty cool, and doesn't even have a "male counterpart", much like the Voloyal Set (and that's probably a good thing ^^;). I don't see the males having anything moderately close to what the females have....probably due to the fact most Japanese people are dirty perverts, and PSU is a Japanese-made game, haha.

You boys can have the Mikunas and Voloyal if I can get your Nobles Coat and male-type Boaboa Vest w/six-pack.

On a final note, does anyone actually like the male Bikini Swimwear? Because I've never seen it worn (outside of it intended to be a joke).

That's my question.

I'm sure someone does, and I've seen it worn without anything to suggest it's explicity a joke. For that matter, I want your swim trunks as a pants/legs item, too.