PDA

View Full Version : Concerns that need adressing.

DragonStriker
Oct 15, 2009, 02:08 AM
I spent a bit of my time today trying to figure out how I wanted to phrase this towards Edward. I hope you will take the time to read this thread and post your comments and feelings about it. Thank you ahead of time.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=300851

Tetsaru
Oct 15, 2009, 02:56 AM
I agree with you 100%, man. Someone has to take command of this game and ensure that it gets put back on the right track. Either that, or they SERIOUSLY need to tell us wtf is going on... and not just every once in a while, when they feel like it. If they honestly don't care about the state of the game in the US/Europe playerbase, then why haven't they shut it down yet!? They'd probably end up making more money that way, even if they DID release the Guardians Cash system, because the population has just become that of a ghost town lately.

I know you guys don't like to hear me rant, much less compare PSU to FF11 all the time, but Square-Enix makes version updates to the game EVERY month, giving us new missions and items to go after, as well as balancing issues and even new abilities and tweaks for specific jobs. AND they've about to release their FOURTH add-on mini-expansion. They update us on billing, new content additions, and other services RIGHT when you log in. They're taking care to make the transition to FF14 later on very smooth and familiar.... hell, they're even cranking out actual MERCHANDISE related to the games too, although it's expensive as hell, lol. What does PSU give us? More reskins, the same boring gameplay in missions, and gradually unlocking things which SHOULD'VE been available to us MONTHS, even YEARS ago. If you're gonna make it available in the OFFLINE game, make it available in the ONLINE game too - don't make us wait for it to get "unlocked."

Dammit, we're sick of this shit, Sega...

DragonStriker
Oct 15, 2009, 02:59 AM
I definately feel it needed to be said.

thunder-ray
Oct 15, 2009, 03:56 AM
I agree to this as well.

Volcompat321
Oct 15, 2009, 04:48 AM
There's nothing more to say than, I agree 100%.
You kinda hit the point, but much like every other thread there I'm sure it will be ignored.
Sorry to say that, Alpal, but you know it will :( unfortunately.

Keilyn
Oct 15, 2009, 05:49 AM
I sense a lot of fear from you. Opening up a letter to a corporation with a disclaimer is a sign of weakness. Relying on too many "potentials" and not governing on facts dismiss arguments.

A few tips:

1) Please be formal

When addressing a group such as a corporation, you should dispense with character names and begin communication from the highest level possible that is attainable, never the lowest level such as an online forumboard. You should also address key people in a private sense by real name. Finally, make sure your letter has proper header, body and footers in place.

2) Do not open up with a disclaimer

When one opens up a letter with a disclaimer that they are not trying to attack while the letter itself expresses anger and demands a desire for a problem to be fixed, it shows weakness and contradiction. It also shows fear in the sense you aren't willing to risk anything under a demand. Its like saying "I want to be heard but at the same time I don't want to be heard" to the reader.

3) Be clear and concise

Don't focus on many points until your focus is fixed on a central point. Don't wander off as anyone reading will detect and wonder if you are serious if you are found pacing everywhere.

4) Stick to what you know

Don't wander into opinion unless you've reached the end of the argument. Focus on what you know and what is fact. Opinion is countered by more opinion. Fact has the property that sometimes fact is irrefutable. Please do not go into what you do not know.

5) Maintain a Length maximum of about one page

Executives in corporations must read through a lot and they don't want to be bothered with very long complaints and demands. Keep your letters to one page at most.

6) Spell-check

Please make sure proper spelling and punctuation exist. This is the difference between the reader assuming if you are serious or not serious. This also proves you are mature and an adult, that you are making an effort to be understood in writing.

7) Please refrain from the use of slang.

A Formal letter needs to utilize formal language. Slang is something that not only makes a letter worse, but gambles on the actual understanding of the letter itself. Don't risk it.

8) Represent the argument from a critical and written point of view and not a spoken view

This is the toughest thing to learn. Remember you are conveying your thoughts in a letter. It is not a roleplay of you "speaking" with another person directly. There are certain things which are not allowed in letters when expressing yourself in writing which are allowed in direct speech.

9) Written Record

Speech can be counted as hear-say, however a letter has legal dominance. Anything written by your hand can be used in any proceeding against you. Read a letter to yourself prior to sending it to make sure it is what you wish to convey.

10) Stand by your work

If you send a letter out in the form of a demand or argument, then be prepared to stand by your own written work. There is nothing worse in an argument than contradicting yourself to your own work. Stand your ground and defend your words to the end.

Alpal, I'm not trying to be an asshole in this reply. Your letter looks a lot like the first letter I wrote when I was a kid. I learned that there are many ways one can show respect (or a lack of respect) by the way one handles themselves in written communication.

I write a lot of letters out to clients and companies. It is very important thanks to the invention of email and its abuse to really stand out from the rest and show people who you are. Representing yourself in writing is by far the most important skill you will have in your professional career of any type when dealing with others that count.

Volcompat321
Oct 15, 2009, 05:56 AM
I don't think your little list matters too much.
It's great how it is.
Gets the point across, and everyone knows what's being said.

No need to write with the most respect possible if there is no respect given.
Even so, that's not even the case here.

"I sense a lot of fear from you"
....What?

DreXxiN
Oct 15, 2009, 06:07 AM
Well said. I'm sure he didn't mean to make a massive movement, rather more of a call out for a chance for Edward to read it (as stated). I'm sure it was a half rant and, overall, it felt refreshing to get it out of his system.

Arika
Oct 15, 2009, 06:09 AM
Well said. I'm sure he didn't mean to make a massive movement, rather more of a call out for a chance for Edward to read it (as stated). I'm sure it was a half rant and, overall, it felt refreshing to get it out of his system.
oh hi, you still check forum!

DreXxiN
Oct 15, 2009, 06:11 AM
oh hi, you still check forum!

Hey, what can I say? I gotta pop in every once and awhile. ;]

Volcompat321
Oct 15, 2009, 06:18 AM

I know that. lol
I did the sig as just an "eh, why not?" type thing.
It will be removed soon, just a temp thing while I decide what other thing I want there.

DreXxiN
Oct 15, 2009, 06:21 AM
I know that. lol
I did the sig as just an "eh, why not?" type thing.
It will be removed soon, just a temp thing while I decide what other thing I want there.

Oh, haha. I wasn't mentioning your sig, I'm just stating that people who think ALPAL is trying to form some big movement are blowing things a bit out of proportion when the actual matter at hand to him is less severe then it's being made out to be.

I don't really understand how anyone could think that his post was irrational or "incorrect" in some way, but hey, to each their own.

necman
Oct 15, 2009, 09:16 AM
First I would like to thank dragon striker for actually writing a letter and trying to get some community support. I have my doubts that anyone at sega will do anything, much less care but it is a starting point.

Second- Kielyn customers don't need to address a letter properly and it's only a game not a building project or anything really important.While it may be important for sega to make money it is not important for us to play as we can always move on to another game. In addition since the population of this game is poor and still falling someone high up would know of the situation by now.

And Third- I know everyone is frustrated with this game even thou they stick it out. Sometimes we direct anger at one another but it's nothing personal. This game is as good as it will ever get. Sega should release everything as is for free and apoligize. It won't bring hordes of people b ack but give some faith in there company again and then they could hope for guardian cash to be the main support of the servers. It would also show good signs of improvement that could go a long way if they give some money to the marketing department instead of relying on word of mouth.

Squirrel3D
Oct 15, 2009, 11:12 AM
What more can I say that hasn't already been said by this guy? Even though I've met people on here recently and got their gamertags, I'm still not that into the game as I used to be. It's gonna take alot to bring people back into this game, and I'll contuine to play in small bursts (leveling up Streak and Cynica mostly) until MAG+ or some big event comes along.

And Keilyn, are you a politician? I'm serious because that post you made makes you come off as one.

LanCow13
Oct 15, 2009, 11:37 AM
I agree with alpal.

As for the problem with GMs

Main problem below
How can the GM be someone who doesn't play the game?? How can they report any news if they are never on???????????

Good GM Below
Has anyone ever played a game called darkages?

Www.darkages.com

I use this game as an example of how the GMs should be since the ones sega has given us really aren't GMs. On dark ages the GMs are actual people who play the game BUT they have a title as Guard, Ranger, or Judge. When people are caught hacking, or have any type of in game problem these are the people that handle it. They also inform us when updates will be coming and Host MANY EVENTS based on who the Guard(GM) is. For instance one teaches a class on the "folklore" of the game while another host a fishing event.

On that note I believe sega should give qualified and dedicated people the ability to become GM in the game. People who are involved in the games community not just people who play the game to play (me) lol

So to end it sega should give the GM responsibility to you guys on here who are always tryin to make the game better. You might not be able to get us the updates faster but think of the events you guys randomly host like ALPALs event last time had a good turn out. Sega should select someone or have a contest where we VOTE for who want our GM to be

pinkace
Oct 15, 2009, 11:37 AM
I think you wasted your time. You are asking a paid employee to work harder, but you are not his boss, nor you wield any power over his future on that job. No matter how much you want to think that someone with power at Sega reads the forums, this is simply not true. You are just a user on a free forum for a product that doesn't turn a profit anymore. I love reading grassroots stories just like anyone else, but you are short a few tens of thousands of people.

Either play the game and enjoy it as it is, or cancel your membership. Neither step will have any effect on this game. I still play and I enjoy it, mainly because there are still tons of things left for me to do.

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah, it's a very good effort on your part, DragonStriker, but if history serves, nothing will come of it. But, you yourself said that you didn't expect a response in your actual letter.

DragonStriker
Oct 15, 2009, 12:05 PM
Probably, although I feel it's worth a shot.

ashley50
Oct 15, 2009, 12:12 PM
Nice try...I'll congratulate you for the effort if something really happens.

DragonStriker
Oct 15, 2009, 01:00 PM
Well Edward responded earlier today. And is apparently putting together a Mission Spotlight at Black Nest S2. I still think it's funny, "ironically I was planning a Mission Spotlight today".

Cracka_J
Oct 15, 2009, 01:33 PM
Good post/read man. Thing that sucks though is aside from a few isolated situations you pointed out (360 stuff I dunno...must've happened after I left), all the key issues are things that players have tried to get each and every one of the GM's involved in over the past 3 years.

First Chillaura, then Ruby, now Edward. It's pretty obvious they've never held any actual power. That was my major beef with Ruby when he'd come spitting his promises of "good things to come" all over the boards and try to sugarcoat everything. You know they have no power, you know they can't do anything, yet they continued to make promises they couldn't deliver. Almost a year later and where are your good things to come? Where is Ruby? All but moved on now from a dying game.

I mean I got fed up with this stuff a long time ago, and it was one of the primary reasons I made a choice to leave. Sucks for you guys still paying and playing, but really how many times do you have to get dropkicked in the nutsack before you decide you don't like the feeling?

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2009, 01:45 PM
I mean I got fed up with this stuff a long time ago, and it was one of the primary reasons I made a choice to leave. Sucks for you guys still paying and playing, but really how many times do you have to get dropkicked in the nutsack before you decide you don't like the feeling?

There are some people, like me, that still enjoy the game for what it offers (which my not be much, but still). As has been stated many times by people that still play:

"You made a choice to leave, that's fine. Don't persecute those that haven't, because they still enjoy the game."

Sorry you don't. I still do. I always will. So, Sega can "dropkick me in the nutsack" a million times, and I'll still get back up and log into PSU. Good day, sir.

Cracka_J
Oct 15, 2009, 02:29 PM
"You made a choice to leave, that's fine. Don't persecute those that haven't, because they still enjoy the game."

Sorry you don't. I still do. I always will. So, Sega can "dropkick me in the nutsack" a million times, and I'll still get back up and log into PSU. Good day, sir.

And that's fine. You made a choice, so did I.
Some people refuse to even think about the matter though, they just believe whatever the next GM tells them. If you made a choice, and chose to continue to take what they dish out to you regardless, then more power to you. Keep playing & enjoying the game. I'm not persecuting anyone, lol.

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2009, 02:34 PM
I don't even listen to the GMs. I keep playing regardless of an update or no update. So, if you're trying to rope me in with all the other "sheep" (meaning, a player that mindlessly believes anything a GM says about "future updates" and such), don't. I'm not one of those players. I play for my own enjoyment, and to have good times with my friends, not for the content. Though it would be nice if PSU could make a full recovery. That's probably asking too much, however.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue why I do what I do. It's simple: Because I enjoy it. No need to go any further. Back on-topic:

If Edward actually does respond to your letter of concern, please do let us know, DragonStriker.

DragonStriker
Oct 15, 2009, 02:45 PM
He did respond, I think I stated that in this topic :0

Well Edward responded earlier today. And is apparently putting together a Mission Spotlight at Black Nest S2. I still think it's funny, "ironically I was planning a Mission Spotlight today".

I did :0

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2009, 02:49 PM
He did respond, I think I stated that in this topic :0

Oh, did you? Must have skimmed over it, somehow ^^;. *looks back*, Ah, yes. He said that there was going to be a Mission Spotlight, ironically.

Something tells me that you and your letter very well could have been a deciding factor in this out-of-the-blue Mission Spotlight, Dragonstriker. Congratulations! (lol)

So, thanks to you are in order, for giving me something new to do.

Dragwind
Oct 15, 2009, 03:05 PM
Interesting result. I truly wonder if it was the result of the community complaining, or just timing (which I doubt). Black Nest S2 though? Meh. :nono: It's fun and all, but I don't see it lasting very long due to the drops.

DragonStriker
Oct 15, 2009, 03:14 PM
That and apparently it's one of the worst lagged missions on 360. On the officials complaints are lining up about the mission choice lol. And thanks I do what I can.

Squirrel3D
Oct 15, 2009, 09:05 PM
But see, you shouldnt stop here....we gotta make this a snowball that can only get bigger if we keep rolling it.

MadDogg
Oct 15, 2009, 09:20 PM
I agree with alpal.

As for the problem with GMs

Main problem below
How can the GM be someone who doesn't play the game?? How can they report any news if they are never on???????????

Good GM Below
Has anyone ever played a game called darkages?

Www.darkages.com

I use this game as an example of how the GMs should be since the ones sega has given us really aren't GMs. On dark ages the GMs are actual people who play the game BUT they have a title as Guard, Ranger, or Judge. When people are caught hacking, or have any type of in game problem these are the people that handle it. They also inform us when updates will be coming and Host MANY EVENTS based on who the Guard(GM) is. For instance one teaches a class on the "folklore" of the game while another host a fishing event.

On that note I believe sega should give qualified and dedicated people the ability to become GM in the game. People who are involved in the games community not just people who play the game to play (me) lol

So to end it sega should give the GM responsibility to you guys on here who are always tryin to make the game better. You might not be able to get us the updates faster but think of the events you guys randomly host like ALPALs event last time had a good turn out. Sega should select someone or have a contest where we VOTE for who want our GM to be

You should try playing champions online. Those GMs answered a question of mine in like, 10 minutes, ncsoft is on the ball with that game at the moment, can't wait for the 360 version to come out so I can play from my bed also.

When it all comes down to it, playing an american/european made mmo gets you more bang for your buck when it comes to fair treatment, constant updates, actual GMS etc. Sucks there is currently no other games like PSU on a console at the moment, but eh, what can ya do besides bite the bullet and move on.