PDA

View Full Version : WTF Weekly Updates Please!

DownTown
Oct 16, 2009, 01:55 AM
There is like 5 really cool games coming out soon,WTF you gonna do PSU,keep updating every month like normal or keep updating every month like normal.HMMMmmm I'll take door number 3! P.S. Don't move my post go UPDATE!!!

Shou
Oct 16, 2009, 04:14 AM
Ok...

Tetsaru
Oct 16, 2009, 04:44 AM
Inb4lock/move

And just cuz I can: FF11 usually only gets updates once a month too... but at least Square-Enix gives us a lot of things to do. Just look at their official web page. (http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml) As my friend once said, "It's like they added another game... TO THE GAME!" :3

Just accept that fact that Sega sucks bawlz now and is beyond derp de dur, and there's not much you can do about it except quit or keep wasting your money on them knowing you won't get much in return. :confused:

Zantra
Oct 16, 2009, 05:12 AM
SEGAC, it tastes like madness.

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 16, 2009, 05:16 AM
Genesis does what Nintendon't...

jumbojim2010
Oct 16, 2009, 11:01 AM
lm actually happy with how its been goin lately. they are updatin almost every week, they are minor but what do u expect? weekly updates & monthly expansions? everyone should be happy segac are doin more lately. Tetsaru no offense but i always hear u moanin bout it but u already quit, its not really ur place to bitch bout it.

Tyreek
Oct 16, 2009, 11:07 AM
1. You're expecting TOO MUCH out of SEGA! We just got a freaking update last week!

2. PSO World is NOT SEGA, so you're barking at the wrong people.

jumbojim2010
Oct 16, 2009, 11:10 AM
but tetsaru dont misunderstand. Im not dissing u, but i heard u say u quit ages ago, i understand ur frustration too, been there myself but sega are doin more now & i think its a positive step. soon u shud let go of the bitterness towards them.

str898mustang
Oct 16, 2009, 11:17 AM
Inb4lock/move

And just cuz I can: FF11 usually only gets updates once a month too... but at least Square-Enix gives us a lot of things to do. Just look at their official web page. (http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml) As my friend once said, "It's like they added another game... TO THE GAME!" :3

Just accept that fact that Sega sucks bawlz now and is beyond derp de dur, and there's not much you can do about it except quit or keep wasting your money on them knowing you won't get much in return. :confused:

no one gives a flying f*ck about Final Fantasy

Danny_Dark
Oct 16, 2009, 11:25 AM
There is like 5 really cool games coming out soon,WTF you gonna do PSU,keep updating every month like normal or keep updating every month like normal.HMMMmmm I'll take door number 3! P.S. Don't move my post go UPDATE!!!

Uh...Ok...

NiceOnes
Oct 16, 2009, 04:11 PM

This.

Does Square/Enix pay you to ramble on in every post on this board Tet?

Tetsaru
Oct 16, 2009, 04:59 PM
Ugh, not this shit-slinging towards me again... you guys just can't take criticism, can you?

but tetsaru dont misunderstand. Im not dissing u, but i heard u say u quit ages ago, i understand ur frustration too, been there myself but sega are doin more now & i think its a positive step. soon u shud let go of the bitterness towards them.

I'll "let go of the bitterness towards them" once they prove to me that their games are worth playing again. PSU has failed with that, and the recent Sonic games have failed as well. PSP2 and that random new Sonic game they're working on better be fucking up to standards, or I'll just shit all over them too.

This.

Does Square/Enix pay you to ramble on in every post on this board Tet?

Well, apparently YOU guys don't; don't hate me because of my gaming preferences. I've loved most of the FF games I've played, just as much, if not more, than most of the Sonic and Phantasy Star games.

And they DO manage FF11 much better than Sega does with PSU, and that's a FACT... hell, I'd like to know of an ORPG that had WORSE management than PSU. I don't care if PSU got an "update" recently - if it's not making the gameplay any better or bringing back the population en masse, then it simply isn't working. Why isn't the PC/PS2 population over a star anymore, huh? Answer me that.

str898mustang
Oct 16, 2009, 05:18 PM
Ugh, not this shit-slinging towards me again... you guys just can't take criticism, can you?

I'll "let go of the bitterness towards them" once they prove to me that their games are worth playing again. PSU has failed with that, and the recent Sonic games have failed as well. PSP2 and that random new Sonic game they're working on better be fucking up to standards, or I'll just shit all over them too.

Well, apparently YOU guys don't; don't hate me because of my gaming preferences. I've loved most of the FF games I've played, just as much, if not more, than most of the Sonic and Phantasy Star games.

And they DO manage FF11 much better than Sega does with PSU, and that's a FACT... hell, I'd like to know of an ORPG that had WORSE management than PSU. I don't care if PSU got an "update" recently - if it's not making the gameplay any better or bringing back the population en masse, then it simply isn't working. Why isn't the PC/PS2 population over a star anymore, huh? Answer me that.

It doesn't bother me that population is small. I solo most of the time but I've got several buddies that I can play with. I dont need 500-1000 people to enjoy a game( obviously you do). Only time I'll do random parties is during events to level my alts which they are almost maxed.
I was already use to playing in a small community from playing PSO on the SCHTserver.

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE, Stop comparing PSU(or it's management) to other games. WE DONT CARE

ashley50
Oct 16, 2009, 05:24 PM
Start Over at JP Servers...they have Weekly Updates and Cookies :)

garjian
Oct 16, 2009, 05:25 PM
Ugh, not this shit-slinging towards me again...

thats quite a victim complex you have there...

Tetsaru
Oct 16, 2009, 05:28 PM
It doesn't bother me that population is small. I solo most of the time but I've got several buddies that I can play with. I dont need 500-1000 people to enjoy a game( obviously you do). Only time I'll do random parties is during events to level my alts which they are almost maxed.
I was already use to playing in a small community from playing PSO on the SCHTserver.

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE, Stop comparing PSU(or it's management) to other games. WE DONT CARE

Huh, seems pretty counter-productive to be playing an online game by yourself, doesn't it? And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you play using a dial-up connection?? If you enjoy it, that's cool, but that would SERIOUSLY bore and frustrate the hell out of me; I'd go looking for one of my old single-player offline games I hadn't finished yet, and play that instead. At least you don't have to keep paying for those unless you get add-on content for them...

And the whole reason why I keep comparing PSU to other games is because well... the other games usually have some of the same mechanics, but execute them in a much better fashion. But if you're not willing to try them out in the first place, then I can't help you... enjoy doing those White Beast and Seed Express runs. :confused:

CeasOne
Oct 16, 2009, 05:36 PM
I kinda think we will get an update next week hopefully with halloween rappys or something new to us. Anything would be good at this point but I'm not getting my hopes up =/ mmmmm left4dead2 here i come!!!!

garjian
Oct 16, 2009, 05:39 PM
*sigh*

Tetsaru... why do you actually bother?
everyone knows what you have to say already...

its correct, and its a well explained and well faught arguement...

but you know what?
noone actually cares what you have to say anymore...
any point you do make is usually disregarded, then you go all defensive immediately because of this ridiculous victim complex...

this would make a lot more sense to me if you were doing this on the official forums...
but here... everyones heard it all before, and noone can do anything about the problems...

its not really worth the effort that goes into typing it, much like this... considering theyll just be another pathetic arguement over it im sure...

Skorn
Oct 16, 2009, 05:40 PM
I think they should have done something. This game for me is going away for along time when MW2 and L4D2 come out.

VariaXVIII
Oct 16, 2009, 05:44 PM
There are MMORPG gaming standards. Those who keep close to these standards keep their players. If not, they lose their players regardless of how fun the game is without newer content. No MMORPG is safe from this simple fact. Even if you think it's fine that NA/EU PSU doesn't have 500 to 1000 people on anymore, it isn't. Any MMORPG without at least a thousand players is kind of in trouble. That's about 10 dollars for every head if everyone was paying monthly. That comes out to ten thousand dollars monthly, not including money from advertisers (if there are any).

Ten thousand dollars isn't really that much money. The average person can make anywhere from ten thousand dollars to forty thousand dollars. What does that mean for game support? Well, very few GMs. If they're salary paid and the projected gross income at the end of the year is one hundred and twenty thousand dollars, you can't have 12 GMs doing round-the-clock support. That's ten thousand per head for a year, leaving nothing for update development or - you guessed it - KEEPING THE SERVER UP. GMs might write up a log of what's being updated, but they aren't responsible for localization of the content or even developing. NA/EU PSU gets it easy, they don't have to really code anything - mostly everything is done by the Japanese development teams. Either way, you still have to budget effectively. In PSU's case which there's only Edward and two other GMs which are practically unheard of and rarely visiting, they're probably making very little money because PSU isn't making a lot of money. That explains why there aren't updates every month. I haven't been on PSU in a while but as Tetsaru points out, they don't have more than one star. One star equals two hundred and fifty players, I believe. 250 players? That's only 2,500 dollars in Segac's pocket a month at least, and only if it's a monthly thing. Maybe a bit less if more people did yearly, but regardless of what they pay, it's very little. For a company, that is NOT good.

Oh, and we can compare PSU and it's management to other games regardless of whether you care or not. We don't care that you don't care in the sense that we'll keep on saying it anyway. THIS IS AMERICA. ..well, some people in the forum aren't from America, but please refer to my above statement regardless.

p.s., Also, you actually do care if you tell us you don't care. If you really didn't care, you wouldn't explain your intentions of not caring to us. So if you really don't care, keep your trap shut. Also, you're telling us to stop. That proves that you care. Telling people to stop only pushes the point that you find it irritating and that you don't want anyone to ruin your convoluted and twisted vision of PSU. :D

Tetsaru
Oct 16, 2009, 05:55 PM
this would make a lot more sense to me if you were doing this on the official forums...

Trust me, I HAVE tried before. I usually either got my posts censored, or had an FKL-like audience responding to me. If it's any consolation though, read this (http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=4761296&postcount=44) and this (http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=4514820&postcount=253), take note of their dates, and see just how long a lot of these problems have persisted, or how long they took to actually be resolved.

BIG OLAF
Oct 16, 2009, 06:01 PM
Well, no matter what the outcome, or no matter what people preach about other games (like FFXI...), I will always play PSU, because I enjoy it. Enjoyment: That must be one hell of a hard concept for some people to grasp around here. Instead of going on these technical rants about sales, and amount on money intake, et cetera, why don't you all just get back to playing (if you enjoy it, still, like me), or if you're one of the people that have since quit PSU:

Why are you still on these boards? Not trying to be rude; just pure curiosity.

str898mustang
Oct 16, 2009, 06:27 PM
Huh, seems pretty counter-productive to be playing an online game by yourself, doesn't it? And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you play using a dial-up connection?? If you enjoy it, that's cool, but that would SERIOUSLY bore and frustrate the hell out of me; I'd go looking for one of my old single-player offline games I hadn't finished yet, and play that instead. At least you don't have to keep paying for those unless you get add-on content for them...

And the whole reason why I keep comparing PSU to other games is because well... the other games usually have some of the same mechanics, but execute them in a much better fashion. But if you're not willing to try them out in the first place, then I can't help you... enjoy doing those White Beast and Seed Express runs. :confused:

Yeah I play on dial-up, so what? I knew from the very beginning that I wasn't gonna be able to be in huge parties. U know what, it doesn't bother me. I ENJOY THE GAME. Yeah , I solo but I get the things I want. I dont go on here bitching cuz some noob got the ultimate rare.

Also, u good and damn well that once u play a game online, offline games dont seem as fun.

Note that I said I solo MOST of the time. I sometimes play with people if they want me join or just need help with something.

btw, I just looked at a video of ur Final Fantasy VI game(some high level party)........gameplay sucks.

Tetsaru
Oct 16, 2009, 06:40 PM
Why are you still on these boards? Not trying to be rude; just pure curiosity.

*points to the link in his sig that's been there for a while now...*

I understand completely if you enjoy a specific game, but I also feel that it's important to try out other games too. I played PSU for nearly 3 years... before it came out, I wanted to play FF11 with my friends, but my PC wasn't strong enough to handle it at the time. By the time I DID get a new PC, PSU had just come out, and my friends and I started playing it. However, due to obvious reasons, my friends eventually left and went back to FF11... I stayed on PSU for much longer because I thought FF11's combat would be boring in comparison. Welllll... in some aspects, yes, but I soon learned that FF11 had a MUCH more expansive world with a lot more specialized jobs to play as, and an ASSLOAD of things to do, BESIDES just kill stuff and level up your character. I was also impressed at how well Square-Enix kept tabs on the game: if a player is reported enough times for causing trouble, a GM (and trust me, there are ALWAYS GM's on this game; they just stay hidden most of the time) will ZONE HIM OUT OF THE AREA, into an otherwise inaccessible "jail" area, and speak directly to him LIVE, like in this example (please excuse the zany music):

[spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-fJCr2ZGdw&feature=PlayList&p=C8733CDAE345DF4F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1
[/spoiler-box]

Also, Orius, how many FF games have you actually PLAYED, and how much do you actually KNOW about them?? All of them have different storylines and gameplay, especially from 7 onward. Some of them are turn-based, others use the Active Time Battle system. FF12 used the Gambit system to where you could "program" the characters you didn't control to perform certain actions. You really have to look at each one individually. =/

*EDIT* Also, keep in mind that FF6 was originally released for SNES in the US as FF3, then later released on Playstation and GBA. Yeah, I know, it's confusing... it had to deal with how the games were released in both areas. =x

BIG OLAF
Oct 16, 2009, 06:46 PM
I understand completely if you enjoy a specific game, but I also feel that it's important to try out other games too.

I'm all for that. I have actually tried FFXI, but it just isn't my cup of tea. I respect your likes, however. I, myself, prefer PSU, even though the support for it is borderline non-existent. It's just something about it that keeps me coming back.

That, and I've played the Phantasy Star series in it's entirety. From Alis Landale and Reipard La Sheic, to Ethan Waber and Laia Martinez, I've seen it all. So,I guess I have a personal feeling on loyalty to Phantasy Star as a series.

That's just me, though.

str898mustang
Oct 16, 2009, 07:12 PM
mininmizing this so it's not so huge

I played some early Final Fantasy(think it was turn based) and played for 15min and got bored with it. I wasn't into the whole MMO fantasy thing yet until GC PSO was out.

I watched a vid of a Final Fantasy VI party since u think it's the world or something. I dont like the gameplay simple as that and the log thats always on ur screen really annoys me. "So and So strikes some enemy" "So and So cast some spell on some enemy" "So and So has died". The graphics from the vid were bad(may just have been the PC) and the battle system reminded me of Guild Wars too much(my brother plays it)

DragonStriker
Oct 16, 2009, 08:43 PM
What the hell was that vid? "JP ONRY"? I think my eyes and ears are both bleeding after watching that disaster.

Delete
Oct 16, 2009, 08:56 PM
To everyone saying no one cares about what Tetsaru says, why not grow up. Making comparisons to Final Fantasy is not weird/wrong, it makes since actually considering there both MMORPG's. What the Hell should he compare it to...Halo? Or let me guess, just talk only about PSU right? Well here's a news flash, people compare games all the time so get used to it. And leave Tetsaru alone, if you don't like what he says...don't reply. It's not that Freaking hard guys.

BIG OLAF
Oct 16, 2009, 09:07 PM
To everyone saying no one cares about what Tetsaru says, why not grow up.... leave Tetsaru alone, if you don't like what he says...don't reply. It's not that Freaking hard guys.

What are you, his lawyer?

Anyway, I think it's interesting how Square Enix handles their complaints. If it was me, I'd be shitting myself if I ever found myself locked up in one of those "jail areas", as Tetsaru called them. It's a good way to target and destroy, if you will.

If the GMs for PSU did that, I'm not sure how it would work out. I'm certain not many people are getting banned anymore. At least not like they were a year or so ago.

Dhylec
Oct 16, 2009, 09:28 PM
1. This is beating the dead horse. It's been said times and times before, nothing good comes out of the rants & raves around here or the official forum.
2. The topic is being derailed to the usual non-PSU games. Again, nothing new & just eventually leads to flames.
3. Closed for obvious reasons.