PDA

View Full Version : If PSU had a "Make your own Type"

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 17, 2009, 10:23 AM
What would you name it?

You can make two permanant classes, but not right away. Let's put PA fragments back to use here. Let's say you need 99 PA fragments for one Type Upgrade Point (TUP). This would make it so once you have, say, 5 TUPs, you can make a class (up to two). Every TUP, you get to add a weapon to your pallet (starting at C rank--to make these weapons actually usable). For every other TUP, you can upgrade each weapon to B, A, and then S. You are allowed to put any combination of any six weapons on your pallet. If you want to change a weapon, you have to start it over at C rank, but your old weapon class level will be put away for storage should you wish to use it again later (requiring another TUP to put it back on, however). Weapons start at lv25 PA caps and can each be upgraded by more TUP (permanant-not per PA, but per weapon).

What would your Types be? Try to keep a balance between the tiers for ATP, ATA, and TP.

Balanced class: 6 points
low = 1
mid = 2
high = 3

Mine...

Custom Type 1)
"Axegunner" (mid ATP, mid ATA, mid TP)

- Axe
- Slicer
- RCSM
- Handgun
- Rifle
- Saber

Custom Type 2)
"Demomaster" (high ATP, mid ATA, low TP)

- Grenade
- Shotgun
- Laser
- Rod
- Twin Handgun
- Knuckles

unicorn
Oct 17, 2009, 10:50 AM
Techgunner
An offensive force who also specializes in range damage.

Stats
HP: C
ATP: B
ATA: B
DFP: C
EVP: A
TP: A
MST: B

Photon Arts
SKills: 20
Bullets: 30
A. Techs: 40
S. Techs: 10

S-ranks
Slicer
Whip
Card
Crossbow
Machinegun
Bow
Wand
TCSM
RCSM

A-ranks
Handgun
Laser Cannon
Shotgun
Saber
Dagger
Rod

---

Protecher
A Force with good defense stats. Can use most traps

Has access to all traps except "G". 50% Slower casting rate than other Force types.

Stats
HP: A
ATP: D
ATA: D
DFP: A
EVP: C

Photon Arts
Skills: 30
Bullets: 20
S. Techs: 40

S-ranks
Twin Dagger
Twin Claw
Twin Saber
Rifle
Grenade Launcher
Rod
Wand
RCSM

A-rank
Saber
Handgun
Laser Cannon
Shotgun
TCSM

Itachi1990
Oct 17, 2009, 11:39 AM
Custom Type 1)
"Axegunner" (mid ATP, mid ATA, mid TP)

- Axe
- Slicer
- RCSM
- Handgun
- Rifle
- Saber

Custom Type 2)
"Demomaster" (high ATP, mid ATA, low TP)

- Grenade
- Shotgun
- Laser
- Rod
- Twin Handgun
- Knuckles

For the first one,why would you need mid TP when you have no Tech weapons?You should have mid TP for the 2nd and low TP for the 1st.

Squirrel3D
Oct 17, 2009, 12:01 PM
Protecher
A Force with good defense stats. Can use most traps

Has access to all traps except "G". 50% Slower casting rate than other Force types.

Stats
DFP: A

Photon Arts
Skills: 30
S. Techs: 40

S-ranks
Twin Dagger
Twin Claw
Twin Saber
Rifle
Grenade Launcher
Rod
Wand
RCSM

A-rank
Saber
Handgun
Laser Cannon
Shotgun
TCSM

Meilin Thomas would so be a Protecher. Since she's a human, her defense would be much better.

RemiusTA
Oct 17, 2009, 01:08 PM
funny part about this topic is it seems like PSP2 incorporates this very feature.

Anon_Fire
Oct 17, 2009, 03:22 PM
Fighmaster EX
An expert type that has mastered all types of close-quarters melee combat. A master at striking attacks.

S-Ranks
Swords
Knuckles
Spears
Double Sabers
Axes
Twin Sabers
Twin Daggers
Twin Claws
Sabers
Daggers
Claws

Stats
ATA: A
TP: D
DFP: B

Photon Arts
Skills: 50
Bullets: Cannot Use
TECHNICs: Cannot Use

Can only use S-rank weapons and armor
Attack speed slightly increased
PP consumption slightly increased
Recovers more PP per tick

Allison_W
Oct 17, 2009, 04:22 PM
Reworked Wartecher:

Medium ATP, Medium ATA, Medium TP

Sabers, Daggers, Claws, Whips, Wands, TCSMs, salient point being the upgrade of sabers, claws, whips, and TCSMs to S-rank compared to the regular WT

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2009, 05:03 PM
Fighmaster EX
An expert type that has mastered all types of close-quarters melee combat. A master at striking attacks.

S-Ranks
Swords
Knuckles
Spears
Double Sabers
Axes
Twin Sabers
Twin Daggers
Twin Claws
Sabers
Daggers
Claws

Stats
ATA: A

Photon Arts
Bullets: Cannot Use
TECHNICs: Cannot Use

Can only use S-rank weapons and armor
Attack speed slightly increased
PP consumption slightly increased
Recovers more PP per tick

Just what I would have said. Sad thing is, this is what regular Fighmaster should be, but isn't. Hence, why I hate Fighmaster.

..Probably shouldn't have said that. My aforementioned statement will now, most likely, start an argument. *braces for impact*

MegaZoneXE
Oct 17, 2009, 05:32 PM
Swordfighter
An expert class that is superior in intense close range melee combat.....

Stats
HP: B
ATP: A
ATA: C
EVP: A
MST: C

Photon Arts
SKills: 50
Bullets: none
A. Techs: none
S. Techs: none

S-ranks
Long Sword
Line Shield
A-ranks
Long Sword
C-rank
Long Sword

Attack speed slightly increased...

Allison_W
Oct 17, 2009, 05:33 PM
I actually really don't like fighmasters at all. Brokenly overspecialized with insufficient diminishment of returns (what they don't get might be enough to annoy fighmaster players, but still doesn't compensate for the brokenness).

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2009, 05:39 PM
Indeed. I much prefer Fortefighter's superior HP, ATP, DFP, weapon selection, and everything else that they do better than Fighmasters, save for attack speed, which isn't enough to make up for the fact they they can only use four weapons. Sorry to those of you that actually like Fighmaster as a class, but I just don't see the novelty.

Allison_W
Oct 17, 2009, 05:47 PM
Indeed. I much prefer Fortefighter's superior HP, ATP, DFP, weapon selection, and everything else that they do better than Fighmasters, save for attack speed, which isn't enough to make up for the fact they they can only use four weapons. Sorry to those of you that actually like Fighmaster as a class, but I just don't see the novelty.

On superior weapon selection, I like to begin with the Ruby Bullet, B'duki Boa, and B'duki Maganac. It's easy to underestimate just how much damage a Fortefighter can do with a pistol against bosses like De Rol Le and Dimmagolus while they're waiting for them to come into melee range.

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2009, 05:53 PM
It's easy to underestimate just how much damage a Fortefighter can do with a pistol against bosses like De Rol Le and Dimmagolus while they're waiting for them to come into melee range.

I know exactly what you're saying. Not long ago, my friend Totalshadow gave me a 10/10 B'duki Boa as a "I don't need it anymore" kind of gift. I thought, great, I'm a Fortefighter. What the hell am I supposed to do with this? A few days later, I happened to be doing Awoken Serpent S2 by myself, and decided to give the thing a try on Mr. Rol Le.

Much to my surprise, I hit 1000's with the little bastard, with no element even attached to it.

Allison_W
Oct 17, 2009, 06:13 PM
I know exactly what you're saying. Not long ago, my friend Totalshadow gave me a 10/10 B'duki Boa as a "I don't need it anymore" kind of gift. I thought, great, I'm a Fortefighter. What the hell am I supposed to do with this? A few days later, I happened to be doing Awoken Serpent S2 by myself, and decided to give the thing a try on Mr. Rol Le.

Much to my surprise, I hit 1000's with the little bastard, with no element even attached to it.

And the B'duki Boa has the poorest ATP of the three best Fortefighter guns at 10/10, at that (the Ruby Bullet is slightly higher at 394 max, and the B'duki Maganac blows both of them away at 448 max--but of course it lacks the sexy bullet effects of the Ruby Bullet and B'duki Boa). The B'duki Boa's "saving graces" are that it has higher ATP at lower grind levels (not salient at 10/10), that it's a bit better in the ATA department (only by around 20 or so points), and that it has the sexiest bullet effect.

I would recommend the full rainbow set of elemental handgun bullets to any Fortefighter; the element and ATP boosts are nice to have, and there are bosses of each element that often go quicker with the help of a handgun (though you can use a slicer instead on Magas Maggahna, and the Zoalgoug, Alterazgohg, De Ragan, and De Ragnus only call for the peashooters if they get the chance to get airborne, so you could say Grav Hit and Dark Hit are optional).

Oh, and when GAS comes, Fortefighters will be able to get access to level 3 status effects--by increasing their PA cap with those little peashooters. I just might.

Anon_Fire
Oct 17, 2009, 06:31 PM
Acromaster
An expert type specializing in support, Has incredible combat abilities and TECHNIC focus

Requirements
Acrofighter LV10 or higher
Acrotecher LV10 or higher

Photon Arts
A. TECHNICs: 30
S. TECHNICs: 50

S-Ranks
Saber
Whip
TCSM
Wand
Handgun
Card
Dagger

Keilyn
Oct 17, 2009, 07:48 PM
Here is what I would do

Cryofighter
"An Advanced type specialized in stealth combat and assassination. Specially outfitted and trained by kubara."

Requirements:
Acrofighter: 20
Protranser: 20

Gameplay style:

This type's damage is dependent mostly on attacks from neutral weapons while being in "Cloaked" form. Damage is multiplied, but enemy presence can sense location (some enemies). Players choose one of six forms which apply to neutral weapons. The weapons gain 5% elemental power per grind level.

SeruGrants: Gains Confusion level 3 effect (non-kubara) or sleep level 3 effect (kubara)
SeruMegid: Gains incap level 2 (kubara), infection level 2 (non-kubara)
SeruFoei: Gains Burn level 3 (kubara), ATP Down level 4 (non-kubara)
SeruBarta: Gains Freeze Level 3 (Kubara), DFP Down level 4 (non-kubara)
SeruZonde: Gains Stun level 3 (Kubara), ATA/EVP Down Level 4 (non- Kubara)
SeruDiga: Gains Silence level 3 (kubara), Poison Level 3 (non-kubara)

players may only use one Seru ability at a time and only work on neutral weapons. Remember that neutral weapons for each grind gain 5% elemental damage while under that Seru.

Cloak:

A charge counter fills up and at maximum cloak can be activated. A player has 15% greater ground movement attack speed. Cloak has a very short time in activation and will run out fast. The damage is multiplied by a factor of two. An Extra Unit (Cloak Charge) can be used to enhance the power of cloak....where the damage factor will increase by another 50% for 2.5x more damage and charge the cloak counter faster as well as movement speed will increase to 25%.

Weapons (A-ranks)
Twin Sabers
Twin Daggers
Twin Claws
RCSM
Cards

Weapons (S-ranks)
Sabers
Whips
Claws
Slicers
daggers

Stats:
ATP: Medium
DFP: Medium
TP: Medium
Evasion: High
ATA: Medium
HP: Low
MST: Medium

Photon Arts:
Skills: 40
Bullets:30
Techs: Can not use

~Attack Speed Slightly Increased
~DFP/MST increased while cloaked, decreased while out of cloak
~ATP/TP increased while cloaked, decreased while out of cloak
~PAdamage increase while cloaked, decreased while out of cloak
~Can use traps: May carry 5 EX traps, 3 G traps and 5 basic traps...
~Increased Trap Damage
~Can trigger a trap while weapon is equipped.

Racial Characteristics:
Nanoblast: Base Attributes are used unmodified by Cloak
S.U.V: Base Attributes are used unmodified by Cloak

Both bars will overlap each other....the Cloak Bar is Red, the Photon Bar is Blue...a full Purple bar shows both to be full.

Anon_Fire
Oct 17, 2009, 09:26 PM
Ultimagunner
A legendary type that has mastered all long-range combat, a legend at ranged attacks.

Requirements

Guntecher 10
Fortegunner 10
Gunmaster 10

S-Ranks
Handgun
Rifle
Machinegun
Shotgun
Longbow
Grenade
Laser Cannon
Twin Handgun
Crossbow

Stats
HP: Medium
ATP: Medium
ATA: High
TP: Low
DFP Medium
EVP: Low
MST: Medium
STA: Average

Photon Arts
Skills: Cannot use
Bullets: 50
TECHNICS: Cannot use

~Firing rate greatly increased
~SE's at LV5 deal 20% more damage
~PP Consumption decreased by 30%
~Can use Charged Shots

Traps
Basic: 30
G: 15

DragonStriker
Oct 17, 2009, 09:33 PM
TROLLERMASTER
-A type who insults the enemies till they die.

*Special Requirement-Must be an Alpal fan boy.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Oct 17, 2009, 09:56 PM
They already have the one I would create.
Masterforce. I need nothing else in this game.

necman
Oct 17, 2009, 10:16 PM
I would remake protranser. But I would replace the bow with the riffle and the ex-trapswould be limited to 1 a piece. I would give it an s rank tech mag and r-mag but only cause everything else is s rank on pt. Then I would give pt a special ability to equip the r-mags on right hand so it could have a real purpose once and for all. Then I have some other ideas but I'm not entirely sure if they are balanced or not so I will leave them out.

Allison_W
Oct 17, 2009, 10:20 PM
I would remake protranser. But I would replace the bow with the riffle and the ex-trapswould be limited to 1 a piece. I would give it an s rank tech mag and r-mag but only cause everything else is s rank on pt. Then I would give pt a special ability to equip the r-mags on right hand so it could have a real purpose once and for all. Then I have some other ideas but I'm not entirely sure if they are balanced or not so I will leave them out.

The purpose of an R-Mag is to do extra damage/SEs while you're working the saber/dagger/claw/whip/slicer.

necman
Oct 17, 2009, 10:45 PM
The purpose of an R-Mag is to do extra damage/SEs while you're working the saber/dagger/claw/whip/slicer.

Well maybe your right but gunners have them and what gunner would use a dagger or sword with such crappy pa caps anyway. In addition I have never seen one used by anyone in the entire time I played this game except when I tried one out for a few minutes. It's also ranged combat support which would go good with a machinegun which now that I remember pt does not have so it was all pointless anyways. I hate handguns so I don't want it now.

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 17, 2009, 11:20 PM
For the first one,why would you need mid TP when you have no Tech weapons?You should have mid TP for the 2nd and low TP for the 1st.

Because RCSM damage is based off of TP only.

Anon_Fire
Oct 17, 2009, 11:35 PM
An upgraded version of Masterforce ^^

Ultimaforce
A legendary type that has mastered all TECHNICs. A master at TECHNIC based attacks and support.

Requirements

Fortetecher: Level 10 or higher
Wartecher: Level 10 or higher
Masterforce: Level 10 or higher

Photon Arts
Skills: Cannot use
Bullets: Cannot use
A. TECHNICs: 50
S. TECHNICs: 50

Weapons (S-Rank)
Rod
Wand
TCSM
RCSM

~Greatly increased casting speed
~PP Consumption decreased by 20%
~Regenerates 20PP per tick
~Newmans gain a 10% Bonus on all stats

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2009, 11:59 PM
In addition I have never seen one used by anyone in the entire time I played this game

On my Acrofighter, I actually only use Slicer/Range-MAG combos. That's it. Well, sometimes daggers, too, but, that's besides the point.

RCSM's are very good. Their status effects are superb, and the damage isn't too bad either if you're wearing a TP boost armor unit. My old Acrofighter, DarkDrive (who's been overwritten as of a while ago), was level-capped, and used the same Slicer/RCSM setup, and crushed almost anything that got in his way.

Don't underestimate their power. That's all I'm saying.

unicorn
Oct 18, 2009, 03:15 AM
I tried thinking about new Mastertypes, while keeping the old ones in mind for balance purposes. I really have an overly active imagination! XD

Masterhunter is pretty much a more restrictive Fighgunner. It should ideally have more ATP, ATA, and MST than Fighmaster and Fortefighter, but lacks some heavier weapons.

Rangemaster would have increased range and speed but should generally be weaker than Guntecher in terms of ATP. Its speed and range is used more for a defense mechanism. Its S-ranks pretty much are alternatives to Gunmaster's.

Techmaster has much more TP than Fortetecher and Masterforce, but gives up some casting speed. It is supposed to be a master of "techer" gameplay as opposed to being a DPS techer (Masterforce).

--

Masterhunter
A master at being a hunter

Increased fighting speed. 50% increased PP usage. Only S-rank weapons, armors, and units.

Reqs: Hunter 20, Fortefighter 20

Stats
ATP: S
ATA: S
DFP: C
MST: D

other: Humans receive a 7% boost to all stats. Newmans recieve 9% boost to ATP and TP. Beasts recieve a 3% boost to HP. CASTs receive a 3% boost to ATA.

Photon Arts
Bullets: --
A. Techs: --
S. Techs: --

S-ranks
Twin Dagger
Twin Saber
Twin Claw
Knuckle
Claw
Saber
Dagger
RCSM

----

Rangemaster
A type with increased range and speed in exchange for weaker stats.

150% increased range radius for all available weapons. Increased firing speed. 50% increased PP usage. Can only use S-rank weapons, armors, and UNITS.

Reqs: Ranger 20, Fortegunner 20

Stats
HP: D
ATP: C
ATA: S
DFP: D
EVP: S
MST: C

other: Humans receive a 7% boost to all stats. Newmans recieve 9% boost to ATP and EVP. Beasts recieve a 3% boost to HP. CASTs receive a 3% boost to ATA.

Photon Arts
Skills: 10
Bullets: 50
A. Techs: --
S. Techs: --

S-ranks
Slicer
Grenade Launcher
Laser Cannon
Crossbow
Card
Machinegun
Longbow

----

Techmaster
An advanced type who is a master at being the best techer it can be

50% Decreased casting speed.

Reqs: Force 20, Fortetecher 20

Stats
HP: C
TP: S
MST: S

other: Humans receive a 4% boost to all stats and access to Freeze and Virus G trap. Newmans recieve 9% boost to HP and ATP. Beasts recieve a 9% boost to TP and MST. CASTs receive a 9% boost to TP and MST.

Photon Arts
Skills: ---
Bullets: 30
A. Techs: 50
S. Techs: 50

S-ranks
Longbow
Card
Wand
TCSM
RCSM

Kinako78
Oct 18, 2009, 10:56 AM
I can't come up with a name or stats, cause that would make this a very long post, but what about classes for each type (Hunter, Ranger, and Force) that specialize in one of the 6 elements (which element would be up to the player)? I know that would make it more challenging, but it could be fun. :)

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 18, 2009, 12:34 PM
I am generally confused why people want to give stats to races that already have an abundance in that area. Beasts need the ATA boost and CASTS need the ATP boost. If SEGA made the gunner class with low ATA, then that would make sense for CASTs to go that class to be the best gunners, but as it is, beasts are the best at it and vice versa. Newmans don't really need the TP boost either. It just encourages people to go one route with little variance in peoples' choices.

VetroDrago
Oct 18, 2009, 01:46 PM
To start, having to get THAT many frags just to make a type with 6 S ranks is a pain so I'd pass. Besides, making your own type is a bad idea imo, but the only thing I would want is a type where I could use all the twin weps as S rank with increased speed. Well, I might want Trollermaster XD.

Allison_W
Oct 18, 2009, 01:51 PM
Besides, making your own type is a bad idea imo

sounds like we're gonna get to do it in PSP2 anyway

necman
Oct 18, 2009, 07:13 PM
Don't underestimate their power. That's all I'm saying.

I never said they suck. just said I never seen anyone use them. That and I don't use swords daggers claws etc so wanted them on my right hand. On my left I have machinegun and on my right nothing. But protranser has hand gun not machinegun so my whole creation was pointless as I don't like hand guns.