PDA

View Full Version : What are you going to do first?

pso_crash
Oct 17, 2009, 12:19 PM
What do you plan on doing when you first start playing ps0. Are you going to battle your way through story mode and gain some experience, or are you going to jump right into the online mode and battle from lv 1 up? I was planning on starting story mode on hard. To see if I could do it, but if enough people jump online, I may start there. I'm not sure how intuitive the controls are yet, so I'm not sure yet.

MasterRappy
Oct 17, 2009, 01:23 PM
I'm going to make a FOmar and have some toasted Rappy for lunch. After that, the rest is just icing.

Mizumi323
Oct 17, 2009, 02:17 PM
I'll probably make a HUnewearl and play story mode on the hardest, or 2nd hardest difficulty.
Then I'll go online and try that out~

kirtblue
Oct 17, 2009, 02:41 PM
im planing to play a few levels on the way home from the game stop then soon as im home its strait to online

Niered
Oct 17, 2009, 02:46 PM
I said it before in another thread, but I plan on familiarizing myself with the game, seeing if I really do enjoy the RAmarl's character design, and then hopping online with anybody from this board until I pass out from exhaustion.

kirtblue
Oct 17, 2009, 02:53 PM
I said it before in another thread, but I plan on familiarizing myself with the game, seeing if I really do enjoy the RAmarl's character design, and then hopping online with anybody from this board until I pass out from exhaustion.

crazy i assumed you would play a racast with you avatar an all i guess thats what i get for assuming

Niered
Oct 17, 2009, 03:35 PM
crazy i assumed you would play a racast with you avatar an all i guess thats what i get for assuming

I actually would have originally, but my cousin and a friend of mine are probably going to be playing together alot, and neither of them want to play a force. So by playing a RAmarl Ill have access to a fairly good Resta and such, allowing me to sort of fill that void.

Allison_W
Oct 17, 2009, 03:46 PM
I plan on making a HUmarl and doing some story mode, then getting online to play with folks from here when it just seems like a good idea.

kirtblue
Oct 17, 2009, 03:53 PM
I actually would have originally, but my cousin and a friend of mine are probably going to be playing together alot, and neither of them want to play a force. So by playing a RAmarl Ill have access to a fairly good Resta and such, allowing me to sort of fill that void.

that make sense its good to have a balanced team and if your gunna spend alot of time playing with them sounds like a good idea

what are you gunna do for the other two characters?

Allison_W
Oct 17, 2009, 03:54 PM

If you want to play a male character while keeping that fairly good Resta, you can--there aren't any race/gender differences in technique caps or access this time (except that androids don't get them, of course). Both the RAmar and RAmarl get Foie, Barta, Zonde, Resta, Anti, Jellen, and Zalure up to to level 10, if memory serves (10 is not so bad; the techniques only go up to level 15 in PS0, unlike the 30 in PSO; and bear in mind that Rafoie, Rabarta, and Razonde are all actually the same techniques as Foie, Barta, and Zonde, respectively; you just charge them to cast their AoE versions).

In the same vein, it's looking like you can play a female melee without being doomed to suck this time, since HUmarls don't appear to be shunted into the shoddy hybrid zone HUnewearls were in PSO, and it doesn't sound like HUcases will be the odd, fragile, nigh-Hunter-Ranger-hybrid PSO's HUcaseals were. If memory serves, the best female melee in PSO was probably actually a RAcaseal, given the best information I could find claimed they eventually surpassed the Hunter and its subtypes in hit points and defense.

Niered
Oct 17, 2009, 04:08 PM
that make sense its good to have a balanced team and if your gunna spend alot of time playing with them sounds like a good idea

what are you gunna do for the other two characters?

Either a HUcast/Caseal and then a FOmar/Marl. I want one of each race and class, so that fulfills it. Plus, I've always found that Hunters benefit least from Resta and Anti, since the cast time plus the fact that your at the front lines ends up leading to alot of interrupted casting. Mates are instant though, and thus you can get knocked down, press a button and be ready for the next pounding.

If you want to play a male character while keeping that fairly good Resta, you can--there aren't any race/gender differences in technique caps this time (except that androids don't get them, of course). Both the RAmar and RAmarl get Foie, Barta, Zonde, Resta, Anti, Jellen, and Zalure up to to level 10, if memory serves (10 is not so bad; the techniques only go up to level 15 in PS0, unlike the 30 in PSO; and bear in mind that Rafoie, Rabarta, and Razonde are all actually the same techniques as Foie, Barta, and Zonde, respectively; you just charge them to cast their AoE versions).

Actually, I want to play a RAmarl also because apparently most people that want to go ranger are going RAmar, and I want to try and use a more unique character. Also, I like their design a bit more than the RAmars.

Honestly though, I'd much rather use a RAnewm or RAnewhearl, but apparently PSZ is all about the Hunter lovin' what with all 6 character classes and race combos. I mean, dont get me wrong I understand why Sega wont put Newmen in the ranger class because casts cant be in the force class, but traditionally Newman have higher ATA and EVP then other class, so they would seem to make more sense as a ranger than Humans do even.

Allison_W
Oct 17, 2009, 04:14 PM
Actually, I want to play a RAmarl also because apparently most people that want to go ranger are going RAmar, and I want to try and use a more unique character. Also, I like their design a bit more than the RAmars.

That makes sense, too, though I kind of envy the cowboy hat.

Honestly though, I'd much rather use a RAnewm or RAnewhearl, but apparently PSZ is all about the Hunter lovin' what with all 6 character classes and race combos. I mean, dont get me wrong I understand why Sega wont put Newmen in the ranger class because casts cant be in the force class, but traditionally Newman have higher ATA and EVP then other class, so they would seem to make more sense as a ranger than Humans do even.

I found it a little odd that RAnewms/RAnewes weren't added, too; the only reason CASTs can't be forces is because they can't cast techs period (outside of the Phantasy Star Universe continuity and the old Phantasy Star III, anyway).

Niered
Oct 17, 2009, 04:19 PM
the only reason CASTs can't be forces is because they can't cast techs period (outside of the Phantasy Star Universe continuity).

SHHHHHHHHHHH.....

We don't talk about PSU here. We like to pretend it never existed.

kirtblue
Oct 17, 2009, 04:23 PM
i agree newmans should be rangers that would be awesome maybe they will add that if there is ever a sequel that and proportions adjustment would be nice fat chance on a sequel though

chibi newman rangers will be the future roflmao

Allison_W
Oct 17, 2009, 04:39 PM
SHHHHHHHHHHH.....

We don't talk about PSU here. We like to pretend it never existed.

Hey, some of us still play it. And will be playing its next installment, PSP2 (I'm actually more excited for that than I am for PS0, but PS0 still looks like it'll be plenty worth my time while I'm waiting for that to come along).

kirtblue
Oct 17, 2009, 04:44 PM
i think what he is trying to say is this thread and whole section is for ps0 and that there is other sections if you wanna talk about psu as is there a section for psp

Arikado
Oct 17, 2009, 04:50 PM
I plan on smelling the book first.

By the way I made this thread a couple of weeks ago but you pushed it to Page 2 with your awesome necro skills Kirt.

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2009, 04:55 PM
I plan on continuing the legacy of the "DRIVE Project" (reference to a fanfic of mine), and making a HUcast. After that, straight to story mode for a casual playthrough, then to online mode with my friend Jeff. Hilarity will certainly ensue.

As for what Arikado said, I, too, cannot resist the "new game smell", and will probably do the same thing (involuntarily).

kirtblue
Oct 17, 2009, 05:03 PM

By the way I made this thread a couple of weeks ago but you pushed it to Page 2 with your awesome necro skills Kirt.

lol "just doing what i can with what i got"

Giezus
Oct 17, 2009, 07:22 PM
Probably will make my character and start single player on the ride home (yay for the bus!). Play through a few levels to get used to the controls and flow of the game, and sometime in the afternoon hop online and play with people until the sun begins to rise the following day... at least, that's what I used to do in PSO.

Hehe, can't wait to go to a McDonalds or Jack-in-the-Box and play online with fatty burgers and free refills. I don't know why but that has been a goal of mine since I heard restaurants were doing free WiFi.

I'm not sure if I'll be smelling it, though I'll be giving it a good look through with many "Oooo's", "Ahhhh's", and nostalgic moments following.

djknitex
Oct 18, 2009, 03:29 AM
Buy the game and jump right online to get that classic PSO online gameplay feel lol

Sakuyarules
Oct 18, 2009, 08:00 AM
I will probably go buy it with a friend, gonna be waiting outside gamestop at 10am. Then try and get some friend codes of anyone else that is waiting. After that I will probably go to his house and play all day.

pso_crash
Oct 18, 2009, 11:39 AM
I will probably go buy it with a friend, gonna be waiting outside gamestop at 10am. Then try and get some friend codes of anyone else that is waiting. After that I will probably go to his house and play all day.

I'm glad to hear that so many people are going to be heading online. I have to work the morning of release, so I won't be getting the game until the afternoon that day, but once I get the hang of the controls, I will jump online too.

AVHero
Oct 18, 2009, 03:15 PM
Hello! I'm new to the forum. I used this site as my reference oh so many years ago when I played PSO episodes 1 and 2. I only played offline with friends on my GC. Good times that was.

When I heard this announced several months ago, I got really excited, but saw it wasn't due until mid Fall, so I didn't get psyched.

Well, fall is here, and I've done all my looking about, and I can't wait 3 weeks. GAH!

Anyway, I'll probably play offline first when it comes out. Haven't played PSO in ages, so I'll need to get the hang of it. How does online play work anyway? Each race has their own story, right? They just cut out the story bit online?

So excited! Here's to hoping PS0 can provide the hours of entertainment PSO did.

kirtblue
Oct 18, 2009, 04:11 PM

dude im gunna do the same thing though i didnt think of asking other people that pick it up for friend codes

though if i do i most likely wont get any friend codes i tend to scare people

guy in the gamestop wouldnt look me in the eye and couldnt believe i was ordering the game for myself roflmao

Mike
Oct 18, 2009, 05:20 PM
What do you plan on doing when you first start playing ps0. Are you going to battle your way through story mode and gain some experience, or are you going to jump right into the online mode and battle from lv 1 up?

Too bad you'll have to play offline to get some more areas open online. Going online right away will certainly give you an advantage when you decide to do story mode.

Amherst_Wind
Oct 18, 2009, 06:13 PM
Its almost always a good idea to play online Phantasy Star games offline first: scope out the areas and enemies, get some of the free quest rares, gain some levels for the inevitably tougher online enemies.

Arikado
Oct 18, 2009, 06:29 PM
1- Play offline.
2- Get drunk.
3- ???
4- Profit!

... But yeah i'll probably give online a try on the first night I get it. I want my IRL friends to get it as well on the same day as me so I might play with them. :P

kirtblue
Oct 18, 2009, 07:07 PM
1- Play offline.
2- Get drunk.
3- ???
4- Profit!

good idea though not sure what my wallet is gunna look like after i buy a ds im already a week late on the tattoo bill

would be nice to have a bottle or two of jagermeister but might end up being a corona kinda night

goddamn i hate living paycheck to paycheck

Arikado
Oct 18, 2009, 07:15 PM
That's what i'm talking about!

-puts belt on-

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/631/liquorbelt.jpg

:P

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 18, 2009, 09:10 PM
Probably whats gonna happen is this scenario:

1.It's going to waiting for me in the mailbox with junk mail. The junk mail is going to blanket it from the cold air. Like a happy little gift.
2.I'm going to run upstairs. Probably tripping on the way up like a big doofus.
3.Rip open the box/envelope thingy.
4.Take out newly acquired guilty pleasure.
5. Look at the reciept for a split second.
6.Take off the wrapper.
7.Take off my shirt and kiss box. This may happen depending on how much booze I drank.
8.Play the damn thing.

And they say I need a woman! HAW! That only happens to models and rich people!

kirtblue
Oct 18, 2009, 09:28 PM
7.Take off my shirt and kiss box.

they say I need a woman! HAW! That only happens to models and rich people!

make sure the post man didnt put ruffies on it first lol

who is they you dont need anything you dont want

besides MOST women are MOSTLY trouble

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 18, 2009, 09:29 PM
besides MOST women are MOSTLY trouble

I can drink to that statement brah!

kirtblue
Oct 18, 2009, 09:31 PM
I can drink to that statement brah!

*cheers*

Java378
Oct 18, 2009, 09:51 PM
Try online first, if not, play story mode while rebooting my wifi.

Kick arse, take names.

Sakuyarules
Oct 18, 2009, 09:53 PM
dude im gunna do the same thing though i didnt think of asking other people that pick it up for friend codes

though if i do i most likely wont get any friend codes i tend to scare people

guy in the gamestop wouldnt look me in the eye and couldnt believe i was ordering the game for myself roflmao

Haha, ya I'm just hoping that I don't scare people when I ask them for their codes. Unfortunately my router is WPA only, so I can't go online with my DS at my house T_T. Thank goodness starbucks and the like have free wifi!

Java378
Oct 18, 2009, 09:56 PM
I brought a new router just for this game. It has WPA/WPA2/WEP/no security and I'm glad!!!! $59.99.

kirtblue
Oct 19, 2009, 12:44 AM
Haha, ya I'm just hoping that I don't scare people when I ask them for their codes. Unfortunately my router is WPA only, so I can't go online with my DS at my house T_T. Thank goodness starbucks and the like have free wifi!

nah im sure you will be fine you seem nice enough handshake and a smile works wonders

i just scare people because of the excessive tattoos i live in a small town and people are not used to it here im a nice enough guy but people avoid me most the time

if you check out my profile pic you can see what i looked like with 20 hours of tattoo work on my face now up to almost 40 and a little over 200 hours on the rest of my body

Sakuyarules
Oct 20, 2009, 12:40 AM
nah im sure you will be fine you seem nice enough handshake and a smile works wonders

i just scare people because of the excessive tattoos i live in a small town and people are not used to it here im a nice enough guy but people avoid me most the time

if you check out my profile pic you can see what i looked like with 20 hours of tattoo work on my face now up to almost 40 and a little over 200 hours on the rest of my body

Haha thanks. Sorry to hear that. I live in LA, so I'm used to tattoos and the like, actually there isn't much that creeps me out anymore, internet+LA ftw haha.

Zero Revenge
Oct 20, 2009, 12:42 AM
I always wanted a tattoo of something. American Bald Eagle or a Irish Cross, but never got it done.

Doesn't it hurt though?

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 12:48 AM
yeah they all hurt but some places hurt more than others so if you only want a few get one on the newbie spot

newbie spot is on the upper arm about where your tshirt rest you see alot of people with a tattoo in that spot

after you get a few tatoos you start to learn how to tune it out anyway back on topic friend codes at launch date

MYNISTA
Oct 20, 2009, 11:16 AM
I'm gonna open up the game, create a fresh "HUcast," and start grinding a lil' offline for a few hrs. Then I'm gonna come to this forum to exchange codes with some of y'all and get online.

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 04:19 PM
hucast ok sweet we may be needing more of those it seem to me there is alot of ranger fans on here i think forces and hunters as the main will be the minority at least on these forums

MYNISTA
Oct 20, 2009, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I see the same. My second slot will be a "RAmar" and my third will be a "FOmar." I'm looking forward to exchanging some friend codes!

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I see the same. My second slot will be a "RAmar" and my third will be a "FOmar." I'm looking forward to exchanging some friend codes!

no newman you do know that there is a different story for the different races its based on race not class so you would miss the newman story with that line up

well that shouldnt be a problem there will be an official n.a. friend code list

Allison_W
Oct 20, 2009, 04:53 PM
You can delete characters, right? If so, there's always temping characters of races you aren't likely to play after story mode, putting their good stuff in common storage, then deleting and making a new character over them. I might well end up playing a HUmarl/RAmarl/FOmarl lineup, myself, so I'll have to do a HUnewe/FOnewe and HUcase/RAcase before I make them all. Or I might decide to keep one of them; who knows.

Amherst_Wind
Oct 20, 2009, 05:02 PM
You can delete characters, right? If so, there's always temping characters of races you aren't likely to play after story mode, putting their good stuff in common storage, then deleting and making a new character over them. I might well end up playing a HUmarl/RAmarl/FOmarl lineup, myself, so I'll have to do a HUnewe/FOnewe and HUcase/RAcase before I make them all. Or I might decide to keep one of them; who knows.

Yeah deleting characters would be a good idea, you gotta remember its an online RPG, the story isn't the focus, its the grinding and hunting afterwards. Sure the story is nice but once its done, its done.

Playing the characters you want to play > Playing characters you dont just to see the different story.

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 05:05 PM
i would assume you can delete characters would be pretty silly if you couldnt also make it worthless for those who trade in games

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah deleting characters would be a good idea, you gotta remember its an online RPG, the story isn't the focus, its the grinding and hunting afterwards. Sure the story is nice but once its done, its done.

Playing the characters you want to play > Playing characters you dont just to see the different story.

im sure alot of people will be doing this deleting characters just to see the story then keeping the classes they like

zling
Oct 20, 2009, 05:07 PM
iirc i heard someone post on some forum somewhere that they bought a used copy and it had chars on it and they just stole the items and deleted em.

Allison_W
Oct 20, 2009, 05:11 PM

Depends on how long it takes. I like to know what's going on, regardless of whether others consider it important.

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 05:13 PM
i wouldnt say stole items if they purchased the game and the former owner left them there i would say they are up for grabs

thanx fr confirming that you can delete characters

MYNISTA
Oct 20, 2009, 05:14 PM
no newman you do know that there is a different story for the different races its based on race not class so you would miss the newman story with that line up

well that shouldnt be a problem there will be an official n.a. friend code list
Oh, ok, I was confused, thought the stories were based on class. So yeah, I'll change the last one to HUnewm!

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 05:15 PM
np it seems alot of people dont know that im doing what i can to make sure everyone knows and asking what they plan to play just so everyone is aware

MYNISTA
Oct 20, 2009, 05:51 PM
np it seems alot of people dont know that im doing what i can to make sure everyone knows and asking what they plan to play just so everyone is aware

Yeah, good looking out!

Xhero
Oct 26, 2009, 11:32 AM
Im gonna Start Playing mY FOnewm right away Offline With my Bestfriend a Hucast after the next day when we stop might go online I hope their a battle mode too.