PDA

View Full Version : I've been gone for YEARS... is it too late to return?

FenixStryk
Oct 17, 2009, 11:43 PM
A few days ago I was suddenly overcome with the urge to return, to see what had happened since I left. It's been so long... I see myself responding to friends in my post history, but the names are foreign now.

I just want to come back and finish where I left off. From what my posts say, I left behind a 54 would-be Fortegunner.

And yet, these forums are not like they were before. They seem slower than I recall, emptier... like a dying breed is clinging onto an outdated source material. I've seen this before, and I know how it ends... it concerns me.

I don't think I'll ever go back to my old ways from late 2006, posting 50 times a day just to waste the day away, but I do want to come back to something. Something good... not something left behind.

If it's too late, just tell me now... but if it's not, I need to know.

Anon_Fire
Oct 17, 2009, 11:47 PM
A lot has changed since the last time you were on.

If you ever need to catch up, take a look at this.
http://www.psupedia.info/Updates

Shou
Oct 17, 2009, 11:48 PM
Nope. MAG+ may be here this week. It has a PA exp boost and you can make friends with the people that still play. The population is small but if you make friends, it still works.

Arika
Oct 17, 2009, 11:50 PM
never "too late" to do anything u like.

Anon_Fire
Oct 17, 2009, 11:51 PM
Oh wait, which server do you play on?

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2009, 11:53 PM

Agreed. FenixStryk, a lot of people on these forums will try and tell you that PSU's "not worth it" anymore, because of lack of updates, dwindling server population, and those kind of things. But, Arika has a very valid point, which I try to stress as often as I can:

If you enjoy the game, don't stop playing. Don't listen to the nay-sayers, or you'll become one yourself, and trust me, that doesn't look like a good time. If you love Phantasy Star Universe, then get back into the action. It sounds like you still have a lot to do, my friend. Get to work, and have fun!

Zantra
Oct 18, 2009, 12:11 AM

That is, until Sega closes the servers...

Then you're screwed, unless you want to play offline, or wait for hackers to figure out how to make "those" servers.

I still think that we're going to see an endless winter on Xbox 360... it's coming.